Rannik's Carrion Crown

Game Master Patrick Levasseur


Maps


9,551 to 9,600 of 9,631 << first < prev | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | next > last >>

Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12

Danger to the right. I hear a a faint female voice. Could be a Siren or Kelpies in this environment. Perhaps earplugs are in order?


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 22 touch 15, flat 17, CMD 24, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

Can they compel us, even to flee... would send us back towards that shambl-thing.


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 27 touch 17, flat 21, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

Anna pulls her sleeve down over the slender silver bracelet on her wrist and sets her jaw. "I'll go check it out. It can't charm what it can't see."

She starts down the right tunnel, moving quietly. She doesn't go invisible, but she flips up the hood on her cloak that helps her face into the shadows. As she moves, she pulls off her ring of protection and slips on her ring of mind shielding.

Stealth: 1d20 + 17 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 17 + 5 = 32


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 22 touch 15, flat 17, CMD 24, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

Anyone have a candle? Some wax should do the trick... If there are no candles to be had, Andjela considers tearing strips of cloth, wadding them and plugging her ears.

Tolvan, can you dampen sound magically?


Anna sneaks away to see what awaits in the next room. This large, high-ceilinged cavern is mostly dry, faintly illuminated by patches of violet fungi growing on the walls and ceiling. A wide pool of clear water stands just inside the entrance. A pair of ledges run along the chamber’s north and south walls, accessed by wooden ladders. At the far end of the chamber, the floor drops into a pit, the top of a ladder just visible at its edge. Scattered across the floor of the room are a number of bedrolls and assorted personal possessions, including, strangely, a number of dressmaker’s dummies, some of them child-sized. The low, haunting melody of a woman singing carries through the chamber.


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 27 touch 17, flat 21, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

Anna pauses in her hiding place, looking for signs of movement (especially in the pool of water). She also takes note of the singing, listening to see if she can understand the words, or identify the location of the singer.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 15
Canny Observer gives me a +4 to spot secret or hidden items/doors, and to eavesdrop on conversations. But not to spot hidden creatures, sadly.

If she detects nothing of obvious interest, she'll go back and report to the others that it looks clear.


Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12

Yes, I have candles. I could deafen you magically, but it would be permanent. I'd prefer not to do that. Tolvan pulls out a candle and breaks it into pieces and hands them out to everyone.


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 22 touch 15, flat 17, CMD 24, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

I hear ya... see what I did, there?


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 22 touch 15, flat 17, CMD 24, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

Kneading was pieces, Andjela prepares to plug her ears.


While the group prepares for possible sonic attacks, Anna explores the cavern a bit more. She finds no movement coming from the water, at least for now... From the two ledges, Anna can see humanoids shapes, but for some reason, none of them are moving... at all. As for the song, it seems to be coming from the pit ahead. The song, now that Anna can listen to it more carefully, seems to be a simple lullaby. While meant to be soothing, in the present situation, it just makes the thing haunting.


Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12

Through the message spell Tolvan keeps in touch with Anna <<Threats?>>


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 27 touch 17, flat 21, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

<<Couple of shapes. Nothing moving. There's a pool of water. Song's creepy,>> Anna whispers back.


So I'm guessing Anna push on alone.

Moving closer to the source of the source, Anna sees a woman slowly rocking a small shape wrapped in a simple piece of cloth. Aside from her skin being bleached from the lack of sun exposure, she looks like a human woman. Her hair are dull and colorless, but her entire body glows with an eerie, unnameable radiance.


Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12

While waiting for Anna Tolvan will cast Detect Magic and scan the room the Shambling Mound was in and continue to maintain the spell until his concentration is needed for other matters.


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 22 touch 15, flat 17, CMD 24, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

Andjela whispers. I don't like this, she shouldn't be alone.

The paladin starts to plug her ears, and move out.


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 27 touch 17, flat 21, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

Anna gulps as she sees the glowing woman. <<Guys, remember Vesorianna's ghost? I think we got another. Too bad Kimberly's not with us. Seems clear enough, just don't make so much racket that you wake... well, you know.>>

Kno (religion) just in case: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13


Female Aasimar Sensei-Four Winds Monk 2/Inquisitor 7
Stats:
HP 75/84 AC 23 (27 w/ Mage Armor) touch 21 (25), flat 20 (24), CMD 19, F+10 R+8 W+14, Temple Sw +13 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Lg Bow +7, CMB +11, Init +8, Perc +18

Danica takes some of the wax and plugs her ears.
She also joins Tolvan in casting Detect Magic. <<Tolvan, I can back you up on the magical detection side, just in case you need to concentrate on another spell.>>

Danica leads the group making sure that everyone is silent. If she hears any armor clanking then she will pause the group's progress forward.


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 22 touch 15, flat 17, CMD 24, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11


Male Aasimar Cleric 9 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21| HP 66/66 | F +10 R +7 W +13 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Sonny makes sure his holy symbol is ready and moves forward with the rest doing his best to stay quiet.

stealth: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Female Aasimar Sensei-Four Winds Monk 2/Inquisitor 7
Stats:
HP 75/84 AC 23 (27 w/ Mage Armor) touch 21 (25), flat 20 (24), CMD 19, F+10 R+8 W+14, Temple Sw +13 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Lg Bow +7, CMB +11, Init +8, Perc +18

Stealth: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Female Aasimar Sensei-Four Winds Monk 2/Inquisitor 7
Stats:
HP 75/84 AC 23 (27 w/ Mage Armor) touch 21 (25), flat 20 (24), CMD 19, F+10 R+8 W+14, Temple Sw +13 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Lg Bow +7, CMB +11, Init +8, Perc +18
Andjela Daywalker wrote:
[dice=stealth] 1d20+10

Just as I feared.... the tank is making all the ruckus. lol

Danica looks back at the group and stares at the paladin. <<Can you make anymore noise?>>


Tolvan scan the previous room for magic aura and finds nothing. As he is doing so, the rest of the group starts moving in the room from where the song is coming. They try to be silent about it, but some of them aren't trained in the stealthy ways. Even with all the noise, none of the shapes on the ledge move and the woman keep on singing.


Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12

Tolvan catches up with the others, moving up to where he can see the woman and see if she has any enchantments upon her.


Tolvan moves into the room and gets a good view of the singing woman. She is just as Anna described, sitting at the bottom of the pit singing her lullaby and gently rocking something in her arm. Using the extra sensory provided by the spell, Tolvan tries to find any magical aura but finds none.


Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12

This seems to be just as it looks. Tolvan says as he takes in the scene. Perhaps they allowed a mother to come along and take care of the babies?


Female Aasimar Sensei-Four Winds Monk 2/Inquisitor 7
Stats:
HP 75/84 AC 23 (27 w/ Mage Armor) touch 21 (25), flat 20 (24), CMD 19, F+10 R+8 W+14, Temple Sw +13 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Lg Bow +7, CMB +11, Init +8, Perc +18

Danica uses her inquisitor ability Detect Evil on the woman.


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 27 touch 17, flat 21, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

Anna sighs, still not trusting that everything was as it seems. "All right. Go make nice with the nanny. I'm going to be ready in case she's an evil nanny."

She moves to a corner, watchful.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37


@Danica. The womam doesn't detect as evil.


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 22 touch 15, flat 17, CMD 24, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

Andjela approaches the woman, quietly. Trying to see if she resembles any creature she may have learned about.

stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
kn religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


Male Aasimar Cleric 9 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21| HP 66/66 | F +10 R +7 W +13 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Sonny touches his chest with his glowing hand, a sign of his using his Touch of Glory ability. He moves forward to the edge of the pit and waits while the others prepare themselves. When all appear ready he nods his head and speaks quietly to the woman. "Excuse me, ma'am. My name is Sonny. Are you in need of help? Are you hurt? Why don't you come out of that pit where it is nicer?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 17 + 9 = 46


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 27 touch 17, flat 21, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

Anna feels her heart leap when Sonny talks to the woman. I can see why Andjela has him around, she thinks.


Sonny walks to the edge of the pit and try to speak to the woman. There is a moment of silence where you start to wonder if the woman even understood what was said. But then she silently turns to face toward the Cleric. She over a big smile and then speaks. "Shuttt! Baby sleep now." With that, she starts her lullaby again and continue rocking the small bundle in her arms.


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 27 touch 17, flat 21, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

Despite the woman's smile, Anna shudders. "The baby's not going to get all nasty if it wakes up, will it? I mean, aside from what's in its nappy?"


Male Aasimar Cleric 9 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21| HP 66/66 | F +10 R +7 W +13 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Sonny looks at the woman and says, "That's right, baby sleep now. May I examine the baby while it sleeps? I'm a healer and can make sure all is ok with the baby."


The woman looks at Sonny as he speaks again. She stops her singing, but still hold the baby against her. "Baby mine. I good to baby." She doesn't give any signs of wanting to let go of the baby, but she doesn't show any sign of aggression toward Sonny either.


Female Aasimar Sensei-Four Winds Monk 2/Inquisitor 7
Stats:
HP 75/84 AC 23 (27 w/ Mage Armor) touch 21 (25), flat 20 (24), CMD 19, F+10 R+8 W+14, Temple Sw +13 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Lg Bow +7, CMB +11, Init +8, Perc +18

Danica approaches as well and whispers. [b]"You have a beautiful voice. Please continue. I sense that baby loves your singing."[b]

Danica use Detect Evil on the baby as well.


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 22 touch 15, flat 17, CMD 24, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

The others seem calm, so Andjela moved to examine the two forms.


@Andjela. What two forms?
@Danica. Still no evil detected.

The woman turns her eyes to look at Danica. "Song make baby sleep good." She restarts singing, gently rocking the bundle. By her speech, you come to the conclusion that this woman might lack the intellectual refinement you would expect of a full grown adult.


Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12

Somewhat concerned about the way the woman speaks Tolvan hangs back and watches for threats. Something is not right here. he warns.


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 22 touch 15, flat 17, CMD 24, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

"...From the two ledges, Anna can see humanoids shapes..." Guess I mean those. Two ledges, not two forms... My brain criss crossed.


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 27 touch 17, flat 21, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

Anna gives Tolvan a look. "Oh? What was your first clue?"


Male Aasimar Cleric 9 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21| HP 66/66 | F +10 R +7 W +13 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Sonny climbs down the ladder and slowly approaches the woman. "You are right your baby. May I take a look while you hold the child? I want to make sure all is well with it."


Female Aasimar Sensei-Four Winds Monk 2/Inquisitor 7
Stats:
HP 75/84 AC 23 (27 w/ Mage Armor) touch 21 (25), flat 20 (24), CMD 19, F+10 R+8 W+14, Temple Sw +13 (1d8+4 19-20/x2), Lg Bow +7, CMB +11, Init +8, Perc +18

Danica casts Detect Magic on the woman and baby.

Danica then whispers to the woman, "Do you know where we are? We are a bit lost."


@Danica. No magical aura anywhere.

The woman nods at Sonny as she lowers her bundle for the cleric to inspect. The bundle is completely wrapped. To see the child, Sonny needs to start unfolding the cloth over it. As he is doing so, Andjela starts climbing a ladder to reach one of the ledges.

Once on top of the ledge, the Paladin is able to see why nothing was moving there. The shapes are actually the dried and desiccated remains of a dozen adult human women and female children ranging in age from a few months to 2 years, their bodies blanched of all colours and elasticity until they are little more than hard, shrunken, human-shaped shells of crumbling, parchment-like skin curled into fetal positions.

When Sonny he's done unwrapping the baby, he also finds a dried out corpse of a young infant. The wrapping was protecting the corpse from crumbling. Looking up at the woman, he sees her looking at him with a wide smile. [b]"Baby well? I good to baby."[b] She doesn't to notice that the baby is actually dead.


Stats:
HP 82/82 AC 22 touch 15, flat 17, CMD 24, F+9 R+12 W+8, +1 xbow +15 (2d8+1 19-20/x3), +1 elven curved-blade +14 (1d10+1 18-20/x2), dagger +13 (1d4 19-20/x2), CMB +9, Init +7, Per +5 Dhampir Paladin 8/Rogue 1

Andjela is not the brightest, but she puts two and two and two... together. She removes her ear-plugs.

In a low voice, but loud enough for the closest to hear her. Women and children, dessicated... nearly dust. Some manner of magic compulsion or madness keeps them here, the women caring for the infants.


Male Aasimar Cleric 9 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21| HP 66/66 | F +10 R +7 W +13 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Sonny ascends from the pit, "She seems harmless enough but that baby is dead. Let me see those other corpses and see what I can figure out." He then climbs the ladder to the ledge and examines the corpses looking for a cause of death.

Heal: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Male Elf Wizard 9
Stats:
HP 54/61 AC 15/19/23 (T= 15 FF= 11/15) CMD 27, +1 L Sword+8 (1d8+4/19-20/x2), Club+7 (1d6+3/20/x2) +1 Comp Long Bow (+2str)+10 (1d8+3/20/x3) F+7 R+6 W+9, +2 vs enchants INIT+10 Per.+21 CMB +12

A look of horror grows on the elf's face as realization closes in. That poor woman. She must be mad. I wonder about her life. Has she even been allowed to lead a normal life? Perhaps she was one of the babies at one time herself. His voice trails off and he is unable to decide how they might help.


Stats:
HP 60/65, AC 27 touch 17, flat 21, CMD 24, F+4 R+12 W+6 (+11 vs ench); heavy crossbow +12 (1d10+1 19-20/x2) (pbs), sap +11 (1d6+1 nonl), +2 dagger +13/+8 (1d4+7 19/20/x2), SA 5d6, CMB +6, CMD 24, Init +11, Per +13
Human Rogue 9

Anna groans loudly and shakes her head vehemently when its revealed that everything is dead except the crazed woman. "Awww! Nope! No, no no. This isn't right. Dammit, I was expecting bad, but... Ugh!" She recoils from the pit.


Sonny walks over to the ledge and climbs up to study the dried corpse. He finds no signs of violence. It would seem like the people just laid down and died peacefully. The how they died still proves to be complicated. It would seem that the people here were completely drained of their life essence. Whatever magic was at work here, it seems like it affected everyone and that it also refrained them from running away from the area.


Male Aasimar Cleric 9 | AC 23 T 13 FF 21| HP 66/66 | F +10 R +7 W +13 | Init +2 | Perc +7

Sonny shakes his head and stands up and descends the ladder. He looks gloomy and says "All of these people have been drained of their life essence. I don't know by what, I don't see and cause and detecting magic hasn't found anything. Their may be ways of restoring the woman but without further study I'm not sure how."

9,551 to 9,600 of 9,631 << first < prev | 183 | 184 | 185 | 186 | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Shady's Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.