Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune

Game Master rando1000

299 AG - The heroes are part of a resistance group called The Gardathir, defending the colony world of Zothune.


1,401 to 1,450 of 1,634 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>

Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis says "When we get there I'll check for traps and defeat any locks. I've had a stealth camo holofield installed; I can sneak in undetectably and appraise the team of the situation."
Perception at the door of the first outbuilding for traps 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24. If someone wants to aid another, thanks.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Before she has the opportunity to reach the outbuilding, Isis must make a Reflex Save (I know, it's her good save; basically don't get a natural 1).

Isis is the first character to take an action that specifically requires her to walk into the windstorm; everyone else is still standing in the ship or the doorway, as far as I can tell.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Reflex save 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Sharlavaka watched the android march out, then at the Captain, then back outside again. "Checking outbuildings now." The bulky Vesk moved out, bracing himself against the wind, cold and misery.

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Human Mechanic (Data Jockey) 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 20 CMAC 28 | F +8 R +9 W +3

Ho ho... Is that a truck? The question is rhetorical, but the lad does seem very pleased.

Wind storm is gnarly, guys... We should probably treat this more like a climb.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

The elf nodded, tapping the side of his hood. Metallic fibers threaded themselves from each edge, carefully forming a reinforced mask to protect from the outside elements. "We need a line. Sharlakava," He asked mentally, not trusting his voice to carry within the storm. The Vesk seemed the most likely to have what they needed. "Are you carrying any cord with you."


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Esh knows Isis has a grapple gun with lots of line. He could call her on her comm. But I suspect Thalin has it covered.


Male Dwarf | S 48/48 | H 42/42 | R 8/8 | EAC 21 | KAC 23 | F+4 R+10 W+8 | Init+11 | Perc+14 (Darkvision) | SM +14 Colonist Operative (Explorer) 6 | 30'

Nobody ever listens to the new guy.

"Yeah, I've got the tools for a climb here in my pack. We can use the safety line as a walking line easily enough. Easier, actually, as you won't need the harnesses and figure 8's. Just a quick loop knot and carabiner to your armor should be enough, as long as you are good staying in order, anyway."

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 Slow and Steady provide a bonus here? Feels like it should. Looks like I probably need it.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Though it was not who he had asked, he'll take the Dwarf's offered aid regardless. He can trust one of them to at the very least, act as a heavy enough weight to not be blown away by the storm. Subsiding purely off of his ion stone for sustenance has done little to improve his stick-thin figure.

Reflex: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Thalin Shieldbearer wrote:
Slow and Steady provide a bonus here? Feels like it should. Looks like I probably need it.

Probably not; this is to dodge flying debris. That said, the DC was only 10, so the only one who's failed so far is Sharlavaka.

Sharlavaka wrote:

The bulky Vesk moved out, bracing himself against the wind, cold and misery.

The Vesk walks out into the icy storm, hearing the constant scouring of particles against his armor. It was going to need a good polishing when this was over. Just before he reaches Isis, a dislodged vent plate, sliding across the ice at a decent clip, suddenly catches the wind and flies up, smacking Sharlavaka solidly in the chest.

Stamina damage:1d10 ⇒ 2

Thalin, Esh and Sharlavaka reach the outbuilding just as Isis finishes examining the entrance; she's found no traps, and the door is unlocked.

Assuming Joyride is marching out with them...

1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


Female Human Envoy 5

Irina listens to the comms from the Med Bay, her medical equipment packed and ready should she be needed.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

So we have Sharlavaka, Esh, Joyride and Isis standing at the door to the outbuilding, with the Captain still on board.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis says "Let me go in first." and disappears. You see the door open and close again. Stealth 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (3) + 18 = 21


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Isis enters the facility to find a darkened greenhouse; plants and stands are overturned and damaged. The walls are covered in blood, and there are body parts still in Azlanti armor laying all over.

1d20 + 12 ⇒ (13) + 12 = 25

At the far end of the room, an Azlanti soldier crouches, her rifle trained on the door. Her armor is covered in blood, and there is a dead dwarf near her.

1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

She saw you the door open and a figure duck in.

Initiative. Everyone can roll.

Azlanti: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

A blurry outline of Isis shimmers a bit, revealing her. Isis initiative 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Grunting in annoyance at the sudden plate striking him from nowhere, Sharlavaka continued to the doorway. Isis said wait, but then Isis had said wait before vanished by a pack of cards. Besides, if Sharlavaka was good at doing what he was told he would still be part of the Veskarium.

Initaitve: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Tamrat activates his camera drone and environmental protections before heading outside with the rest of the crew.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

don't get a 1 roll for Tamrat:

1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

The captain shows up at the rear of the party just as the fun begins.

Initiative (so far):
Sharlavaka 20
Azlanti soldier 19
Isis 14


Male Dwarf | S 48/48 | H 42/42 | R 8/8 | EAC 21 | KAC 23 | F+4 R+10 W+8 | Init+11 | Perc+14 (Darkvision) | SM +14 Colonist Operative (Explorer) 6 | 30'

Init: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

So, kinda middle of the road.


Human Mechanic (Data Jockey) 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 20 CMAC 28 | F +8 R +9 W +3

Joyride Init: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Tamrat Initiative: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

Sharlavaka and Joyride are an exact tie (same roll, same bonus) so it's a dice-off by RAW.

Sharlavaka: 1d20 ⇒ 14
Joyride: 1d20 ⇒ 14

DAMMIT! Screw it you two can act at the same time.

So:
Thalin at 23
Sharlavaka/Joyride at 20
Azlanti soldier at 19
Tamrat at 16
and somehow, the first one in the room is the last to know what's going on:
Isis at 14.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Same again. Humph.


Male Dwarf | S 48/48 | H 42/42 | R 8/8 | EAC 21 | KAC 23 | F+4 R+10 W+8 | Init+11 | Perc+14 (Darkvision) | SM +14 Colonist Operative (Explorer) 6 | 30'

Theater of the mind? Okay. My picture is of a group of people attached to a line, the front man standing at an open doorway and the room beyond opens up, but has a threat inside at some reasonable distance for a room. I am also assuming Thalin does not have line of sight without moving.

Thalin grunts as he disconnects his carbiner from the rope. He moves into the room and to the left of the door, hoping for some cover he can get behind, puling his Plasma Ring as goes.

Standard: Disconnect Carabiner (probably only requires a move, but, hey); Move: move 30' into the space, creating line of sight; Swift: Quick Draw pistol


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Here's a map; I placed Thalin just inside the door. Those rows of green are all overturned and wrecked, but you can probably get limited cover behind them. Let me know if your action changes.

Map Round 1


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Spotting the random trooper, Sharlavaka sighed. Raising his fist - and the heavy weapon on his shoulder popping up and arming with a worrying hmmmm sound. "Please surrender now and you will not be harmed. Will not offer a second chance." Fully expecting the soldier to refuse, Sharlavaka prepared to fire.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Eshenvral Kothiavus wrote:
[dice=Initiative]1d20+3

Sorry Esh, getting senile I guess.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
Sharlavaka wrote:

Spotting the random trooper, Sharlavaka sighed. Raising his fist - and the heavy weapon on his shoulder popping up and arming with a worrying hmmmm sound. "Please surrender now and you will not be harmed. Will not offer a second chance." Fully expecting the soldier to refuse, Sharlavaka prepared to fire.

She shows no sign of relenting, but I'll give you Shaken for one round.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Mechanic (Data Jockey) 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 20 CMAC 28 | F +8 R +9 W +3

The Drone acts on the same Init as James, as well. Haven't named it. When it moves, it will move at speed of 240 (40 x 6 from Jet Dash feat), looking like centipede (several pair of leggings).

Aggressive looking.
Less aggressive.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2
James "Joyride" Maxwell wrote:
The Drone acts on the same Init as James, as well.

Pretty sure the two of you can go whenever; as I understand it Thalin's maneuvering for a better angle and Sharlavaka used intimidate, which should count as a Standard Action.


Male Dwarf | S 48/48 | H 42/42 | R 8/8 | EAC 21 | KAC 23 | F+4 R+10 W+8 | Init+11 | Perc+14 (Darkvision) | SM +14 Colonist Operative (Explorer) 6 | 30'
rando1000 wrote:
Here's a map; I placed Thalin just inside the door. Those rows of green are all overturned and wrecked, but you can probably get limited cover behind them. Let me know if your action changes.

I'm fine. Heck, I was fine in Theater of the mind, mode.


Human Mechanic (Data Jockey) 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 20 CMAC 28 | F +8 R +9 W +3

James and his drone breach the door nearly at the same time.

The drone moves with amazing speed, to the passing the Vesk and continuing all the way across the space, finally climbing to perch at the corner, clinging high up on the wall. Resistance is futile. Prepare to be... apprehended.

James' black and metallic orange form moves to the left. Opposite the reptilian warrior, comically over-sized gun at the ready as he monitors the screen on his forearm. He is looking down upon the Azlantian, through the drone's camera. Umm... Can't we just all get along?


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

The Azlanti isn't having any. Shouting a demeaning comment in Azlant, she stands to get a better aim and fires at Sharlavaka; the bullets graze his armor but do no damage.

1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 - 2 = 19
2d8 + 4 ⇒ (3, 8) + 4 = 15


Tamrat runs inside to where he can get a visual on the solider before he points at the soldier saying, "Hostile identified. Focus fire!"

Activaintg Get 'Em, giving everyone a +2 to hit.


Human Mechanic (Data Jockey) 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 20 CMAC 28 | F +8 R +9 W +3

Don't make me do this, Lady...
... just give up, please.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Just waiting on Esh, right?
SV


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Isis and Joyride may act while we're waiting for Esh.


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

Apologies.

Making his way in and noting how nobody actually seemed intent on hurting the damanble human, he sighs and rolls his eyes. Speaking in Azlant he gestures towards her. "<Drop your weapon. No, I'm not giving you a choice.>"

Grease on her gun, DC 16 or she drops.


Human Mechanic (Data Jockey) 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 20 CMAC 28 | F +8 R +9 W +3

The robotic construct scampers down off the wall to stand adjacent to the Azlanti, but does not attack.

James is unsure what the Science Officer said, but readies an attack, should she not surrender. Surely, she is not insane.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Reflex Save DC 16: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

The gun slides out of her hand onto the floor, followed by a scream of anguish and more Azlanti curses.

Anyone with a Cultures score of 10 or more knows it would be an odd play for an Azlanti to surrender, even in this situation. Anyone who has not taken an action this round can make a Sense Motive roll before we begin round 2.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

Isis is unemotional about the Azlanti woman’s fate. No Azlanti surrenders. She drops her cloaking field so as to save duration on the capacitor (free action). Then she attacks with her arc pistol and sneak attacks. Pistol 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 + 2 = 30 for 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4 electricity, sneak attack 1d20 + 22 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 22 + 2 = 33 for 3d8 ⇒ (5, 4, 7) = 16 plus 6 bleed (new debilitating trick).

But Sense Motive 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19 just in case.


Female Android Operative (Outlaw) 6 | SP: 42/42; HP: 40/40; RP: 9/9 | EAC: 21; KAC: 23 | Fort: +3, Ref: +11, Will: +6 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +8 | Perception:+12; LowLight, Darkvision

OOC: Joyride held his action I believe. Then it's top of the round with Thalin again I think.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

Sense Motive for Isis: Your assumption is correct; the Azlanti soldier is not going to surrender. Her hand is at her belt where there's likely some trick or other if you fail to stop her. BTW, she's still up.

I'm going to call it a round. Joyride has hesitated twice now.

Top of Round 2

Thalin, Sharlavaka and Joyride may act. She's pretty definitely still hostile.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

Advancing his usual menacing, methodical manner, Sharlavaka unleashing a blast from his heavy weapon as he did. He didn't bother asking people to surrender twice.

To Hit: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage: 2d8 + 6 ⇒ (8, 7) + 6 = 21


Human Mechanic (Data Jockey) 6 | SP 48/48 HP 40/40 RP 7/7 | EAC 20 KAC 20 CMAC 28 | F +8 R +9 W +3

Let me help you!

James and the from open for in unison.

James to hit - handcannon: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23
James damage - handcannon: 1d12 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10

Drone to hit - auto-pistol: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Drone damage - auto-pistol: 1d6 ⇒ 1


Male Dwarf | S 48/48 | H 42/42 | R 8/8 | EAC 21 | KAC 23 | F+4 R+10 W+8 | Init+11 | Perc+14 (Darkvision) | SM +14 Colonist Operative (Explorer) 6 | 30'

Trying to confuse the Azlanti through his use of terrain, Thalin moves through the room, takes cover, and fires at the (hopefully) unsuspecting Azlanti.

Move Thalin 2 squares down and 2 to the right, please.

Trick Attack using Survival: 1d20 + 16 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 16 + 4 = 33 If you feel Survival is an invalid choice, his Stealth roll would be 4 less. So, CR 13 or CR 9.
This makes the target flat-footed to Thalin.

Plasma Ring (vs FF EAC?): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
Electrical & Fire: 1d4 + 3 + 3d8 ⇒ (2) + 3 + (3, 1, 7) = 16 Or 5 w/o Trick Attack damage.
For Debilitating Attack, I'll make her FF for everyone until my next action.


Male Human (Polish Jew/Native American/Irish) Techie 5/Martial Artist 2

After Isis' damage last round, the attacks from everyone else finish her off effectively. It's a good thing, too. She was preparing a frag grenade, type III. She has two of them. The Rifle is a tactical projectile rifle, 2d8 P, 90' range, 18 shot clip (one in the gun, one on her belt).

Looking around the room, it appears as if perhaps the Azlanti came in and either met some Dwarven resistance or...something else they weren't expecting. There are three dead Azlanti not counting the one you just shot, and one dead Dwarf.


Vesk Soldier (Guard) 6 | SP: 54/54; HP: 47/47; RP: 7/7 | EAC: 23; KAC; 27 | Fort: +7, Ref: +6, Will: +5 | CMAC: 31 | Init: +4 | Perception: +9; LowLight, Darkvision |

"Nice rifle," Sharlavaka noted as he started to rummage through the bodies. It had as much bite as his heavier weapon in a smaller package. While he could use it, he assumed one of the others would find more use for the gun. He might loot the grenades, though.

Still, it would be useful to see what the other bodies held before making any choices.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Male Elf Technomancer (Scholar) 6 | SP: 34/34; HP: 34/34; RP: 8/8 | EAC: 17; KAC; 18 | Fort: +4, Ref: +7, Will: +7 | CMAC: 23 | Init: +3 | Perception: +8+2(HeiAwa); LowLight, Darkvision |

"Please keep an eye out for small arms, if they have anything interesting." Esh observes the downed human with dispassion, before pulling out one of the wands he retried from the ancient dwarven stronghold. With it in hand he started to wave it about, getting a sense for any lingering magical activity in the area. Azlantians were renowned for their masterful enchanments, perhaps these bodies had something useful.

Wand of Identification: Detect magic.

1,401 to 1,450 of 1,634 << first < prev | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Rando's Starfinder 2018 - Zothune All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.