Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

[PFS] Your Valley of Veiled ♨

Game Master Yours is mined

Battle Map!

Tygora’s Secret Police | Crystalcrag Mud Map


51 to 100 of 141 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Perception Toro: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21
Perception Squeeze: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Scarab Sages

Battle Map!

Toro Will: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Squeeeeze Will: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

This mile-long alpine mountain cove, accommodating the Iroran statue appears to be a dead end. But Dusk, glancing at his mud map, remarks that the parchment has a conflicting depiction, with the trail continuing past a seemingly solid cliff face.

As Fool tunes in to the beat of his own drum, his long-suffering familiar decides on a whim to follow the:

half-starved, no-tail albino kitsune female.

Sifvery and Ilwynog prove a capable team. In no time they have found the last team's trail, spotting a:

☀ Torn page containing a recipe for pumpkin pancakes with bourbon vanilla maple syrup
♞ Whetstone so worn in the middle, it has broken in half
♐ A clump of forest green fletching
☠ A rollie cigarette butt, which Ilwynog can tell stinks of camel dung

Signs of the first groups’ progress vanish as the Pathfinders enter an alpine meadow filled with scrub brush and dry grasses that cling to the thin soil. Sifvery bids the party to fan out to more efficiently explore the meadow and relocate the trail, while she and Hakime approach the cliff ahead. Staring up at the solid stone, it seems to shudder before the womens’ eyes. Hakime steps back in surprise, fearing a rockslide, but quickly realizes that the cliff itself is an illusion.

The trail leads on, straight ahead, just as marked on Dusk’s map.

With its illusory nature clear, much of the plant life gradually fades into transparent shadows, and the cliffs at the far end of the vale part to reveal a much larger valley beyond. In the distance, a large wall encircles a humble town of stone structures. An immense castle built of bronze bricks towers over the settlement from its perch just above the base of a nearby mountain.

The party stands but an hour's march from the town's outer wall.

Silver Crusade

Male Snowcaster elf | Slayer 6 |Hp: 29/58 | AC 22 | F +8 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +6 | Perception +13 | SM +11

Dusk nods his approval to the team. "Well done."

He will then search the area on the other side of the illusion for tracks of the previous team. Assuming they head towards the structure ahead, Dusk will make his way forward.

Survival: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 30


Yours is mined wrote:


☀ Torn page containing a recipe for pumpkin pancakes with bourbon vanilla maple syrup
♞ Whetstone so worn in the middle, it has broken in half
♐ A clump of forest green fletching
☠ A rollie cigarette butt, which Ilwynog can tell stinks of camel dung

Illwynog continues with his familiar and sweeps back and forth, looking for any sign of the scents from the items they discovered. His Foolish familiar pours over the newly found recipe, lamenting that he brought no syrup, loudly and incessantly.

Track: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Scarab Sages

Battle Map!

Spellcraft DC 23:

The arcana that created the false cliff functions similarly to the mirage arcana spell.

However, the fact the illusion is impossibly large and permanent suggests substantially more powerful magic is involved.

Dusk shades his eyes from the Dawnflower's glare and gazes at the structures beyond. The elf’s sharp eyes spy a settlement perhaps large enough for several hundred inhabitants, encircled by a high stone wall. A massive bronze-bricked castle, nearly equal in size, sits just beyond on a mountainside, its gates shuttered and guarded by miniscule figures. The town itself has only one gate, facing your direction at the end of the long winding road, and it too is guarded.

With Dusk and Ilwynog leading the way, and Fool’s laments for sweet toppings heralding your approach, two gold-skinned guards, holding ornate brass polearms, await the party. After staring suspiciously for a few moments, they eventually address you in a fast-paced, flowing language.

تگرگ، مسافران لطفا کسب و کار خود را اینجا بیان

Ignan:
"Hail, travelers! Please state your business here!"

An awkward moment passes if no one replies, before the guards try a gravelly, earthy tongue.

Ӳ Ӄ ӄ Ӝ Ӛ ӥ Ẁ ӕ Ӌ

Terran:
"Hail, travelers! Please state your business here!"

With increasing frustration, the guards finally switch to Taldane. "Humans, state your business!"

Knowledge (planes) DC 16:
The gate-guards dressed in gaudy orange robes are Ifrits.

Ifrits are humans whose ancestry includes beings of elemental fire, such as efreet. Ifrits have pointed ears, red or mottled horns on the brow, and hair that flickers and waves as if it were aflame.

Silver Crusade

Male Snowcaster elf | Slayer 6 |Hp: 29/58 | AC 22 | F +8 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +6 | Perception +13 | SM +11

Dusk pauses, looking at his companions. If no one objects, he says, "We are looking for some companions of ours who recently passed this way. We would like to enter your town and attempt to locate our companions. We mean no harm to you, nor do we seek to cause trouble."

Scarab Sages

Female Elf Sorcerer 4 / Paladin 2| HP: 34/34 | AC: 22 (20 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +5 | Active conditions: Shield, Mage Armor

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

[b]"You are some interesting fellows. We are here to

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Summoner 6 [ HP 57/57 | AC (19)/13/16 | Fort +7, Ref +6(+7), Will +7 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init +3 | Perception +9] Summons-III 0/7 - { } whiskers 51/51 AC23(24) {haste }

Wembly looks at the creatures with interest, wondering what they might be and if he could someday summon one of them.

I am not a human, but a gnome rather. I did not understand the first two languages, so I will assume you said 'gnomes state your business' or something like that.
Although I believe I am the only gnome here...so it would probably best be singular. If that is what you said.

Wembly pauses for a short breath.

We are looking for our lost companions as my tall companion stated already, although he is not a human either. In fact, I am not sure any of us are human, at least not full so.
Have you actually ever seen a human before? You two do not look human...kinda too firey. Are you elementals? Do you know any elementals?

Scarab Sages

Battle Map!

@Dusk, Sifvery & Wembly, please roll Diplomacy. Wembly, please make a -2 adjustment to your roll.

The pair of guards exchange glances, but they do not seem hostile.

“Gnomes, huh? Never heard of them.” Right begins.

Left cocks his head like a fox. “Sure you have, Ember! Remember that purp…” Before he receives a sharp nudge in the ribs.

The first guard points at Toro. “If I hit him with a human-bane halberd he’s gonna REALLY feel it, right? That makes him human enough in my asbestos book.”

He continues more graciously. “Now we are not opposed to furr-iners visiting our beloved Crystalcrag, PROVIDED you can demonstrate a skill or honest trade. Summat that proves you can pay your way while you’re here.”

“That’s not unreasonable, is it?”

Silver Crusade

hp 27/36; AC 20, ff18, t18; saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 7; qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

"I can hunt... I'm quite handy with a bow... would that qualify?"

diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

"...or I can tell stories, if that would be a more welcome skill."

Scarab Sages

Battle Map!

“It may well be, Miss.”

Both guards seem captivated by the idea of someone story-telling for their supper.

“Pray proceed when you are ready.”

Roleplay bonuses definitely on offer, everyone.

Scarab Sages

Female Elf Sorcerer 4 / Paladin 2| HP: 34/34 | AC: 22 (20 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +5 | Active conditions: Shield, Mage Armor

Diplomacy Aid: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10

"I don't tell stories. I suppose I could do sound effects or something..."

Scarab Sages

Battle Map!

"Do you mean, like if your friend here tells a story about ducks, you'll waddle about and quack at the appropriate moments?"

Left and Right look at each other and nod.

"Yes I believe would be most agreeable. I await your demonstration with baited breath."

His partner adds knowingly. "There are ... characters in the village that would pay good coin to see such a show."

Grand Lodge

Toro stares ahead blankly for a long time, almost oblivious to the guards and his companions. Suddenly he blurts out, Does anyone have a straight jacket? No, hand cuffs? if not, Fool, hand me some rope.
He holds his hand out expected his demands to be met, somehow. I have a trick to show our new fiery friends.

Silver Crusade

hp 27/36; AC 20, ff18, t18; saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 7; qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

"Alright, I will tell you a short tale... " She waits until all are ready and settled, and begins, telling the story with as much animation and interesting voices and inflections as she can.

"Once upon a time a fisherman caught a fish that said to him, "If you will set me free, I will grant you any wish." Now more than anything else, the fisherman wanted to have a child with his wife, so he made this wish, and turned the fish loose.

Before swimming away, the fish said, "Cast your net again, and give your next catch to your wife to eat."

The fisherman did as he was told. His next cast netted him one little fish, which he took home with him. His wife ate the flesh. His dog ate the insides. And his horse ate the bones. Some time later his wife gave birth to twin boys; the dog had a litter of two pups; and the horse foaled with two colts.

The twin boys gave their parents much pleasure, but with time the older brother became restless, and wanted to seek his fortune abroad. He left a bottle of clear white wine with his younger twin, saying, "All will be well with me as long as the wine is white. But if it ever turns red, I will be in need of your help." With that he took leave of his brother and of his parents, mounted the older twin horse, and, accompanied by the older twin dog, set forth into the world.

After a long journey he came to a kingdom that was being ravished by a terrible dragon. The king had promised his daughter's hand in marriage to whatever man succeeded in killing the dragon. The twin tracked the dragon to its lair, then engaged him in battle. The fight was long and hard, but the brave twin finally prevailed, and the dragon lay dead at his feat. As proof that he had killed the beast, he cut out its tongue, then set out for the castle to claim the princess as his reward.

Now the king had a steward who happened to come upon the dead dragon soon after the twin left. He decided to claim the kill for himself, cut off the dragon's head, and took a shortcut to the castle.

The king was delighted to see the dragon's head, and he arranged for the wedding between the steward and the princess to take place immediately. The twin arrived just as the festivities were starting. Seeing that another man was unfairly claiming his prize, he said, "It is a strange dragon that has no tongue."

"Of course the dragon has a tongue," said the steward, opening the dragon's mouth. But the tongue was not there.

"The dragon had a tongue when I killed it," answered the twin, "and here it is." With this he produced the dragon's tongue. The king now saw that the steward had lied, and had him cast into a dark dungeon. The festivities continued, but this time with the twin as hero and bridegroom.

The twin and the princess lived happily for some time, but after a while he became restless again. He announced that he wanted to go hunting in a nearby forest, named the Forest of No Return. His young wife asked him not to go, but his spirit of adventure prevailed.

Soon after entering the Forest of No Return, the twin met an old woman, who, unknown to him, was a wicked witch. "Good day, young sir," she said. He began to return the greeting, but had scarcely opened his mouth when she cast a spell on him, turning him to stone.

Meanwhile, back at the fisherman's cottage, the younger twin examined the bottle of wine every day. Its clear white color let him know that his older brother was well. One day, however, the wine turned blood red, and the younger brother knew that his twin was in need. He took leave of his parents, mounted the younger twin horse, and, accompanied by the younger twin dog, set forth into the world to find his older brother.

After a long journey he came to the kingdom where his twin brother had killed the dragon. Everyone thought that he was their new prince, and he was escorted to the castle with honor.

"I thought that you would never come back from the Forest of No Return," said the princess tenderly. However, to her dismay and surprise, instead of returning her love, that night he laid his sword between them in their bed.

Early the next morning the younger twin set forth for the Forest of No Return. Soon after entering this forest, he met the old witch. "Good day, young sir," she said.

Sensing her evil design, he said not a word, but leaped on her and pinned her to the ground. Holding his sword to her neck, he shouted, "lead me to my brother, or die at once!" The witch, fearing for her life, led the young twin to his petrified brother. She anointed the stone with salve, and he returned to life.

Overjoyed, the two brothers made they way back toward the castle. On their way, each one told the other of his adventures. When it was the younger brother's turn to speak, he told of how the white wine had turned to blood red, how he had found his way to the castle, how he had slept with the princess.... He was not able finish his sentence. The older twin, hearing that his brother had slept with his wife, drew his sword and cut off his head.

When the older twin arrived at the castle, he was received by his wife with love. "At last you are yourself!" she said. "Not like the last time you were here, when you put a sword between us in bed."

The older twin now knew that he had unjustly killed his brother. He rushed back to the place where his body lay. Fortunately, he still had some of the witch's salve, and with it he anointed the dead man's wounds, placed the head back on the body, and brought his brother back to life. Together they returned to the castle, where they lived happily ever after."

perform: oration: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

"So, do you think such a tale would earn our keep? I have many more that I can share."

Silver Crusade

Male Snowcaster elf | Slayer 6 |Hp: 29/58 | AC 22 | F +8 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +6 | Perception +13 | SM +11

Requested Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

When the guards mention they have never seen a gnome before, Dusk becomes (more) suspicious.

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (10) + 11 = 21

Silver Crusade

Male Snowcaster elf | Slayer 6 |Hp: 29/58 | AC 22 | F +8 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +6 | Perception +13 | SM +11

Dusk attempts some acrobatic flips and stunts to impress the guards, tumbling between them if there is room.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (8) + 13 = 21

Grand Lodge

Toro listens intently to Hakime's story... except he giggles like a young child and elbows Fool every time she says "sword." At the conclusion of the story he stands and cheers the excellent story. I don't know if it is good enough for these guards, but I love hearing these tales! he exclaims loudly.

Scarab Sages

Battle Map!

Once Hakime has finished her story, the guards throw open the gates and make bowing motions to the monkadin with their arms raised and palms flat.

“We’re not worthy … We’re not worthy …”

*Think* Wayne & Garth meeting Alice Cooper in Wayne’s World

|ooc| :
PS: Sifvery, you’d better not post that you’ve never heard of Alice Cooper or Wayne’s World.

HOWEVER, if anyone tries to walk through the gateway, they quickly block that person’s path by crossing their halberds together while looking expectantly at Sifvery …

1d20 ⇒ 11

The pair clap politely at Dusk’s show … and then look expectantly at Sifvery …

Dusk believes the pair are not being completely truthful about not knowing about gnomes. Indeed their body language suggests a purple-haired member of that race may have passed through these very gates quite recently …

Silver Crusade

Male Snowcaster elf | Slayer 6 |Hp: 29/58 | AC 22 | F +8 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +6 | Perception +13 | SM +11

"Perhaps one more story Sifvery? Maybe if we all attempt to add to your tale, the guards will let us pass."

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Summoner 6 [ HP 57/57 | AC (19)/13/16 | Fort +7, Ref +6(+7), Will +7 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init +3 | Perception +9] Summons-III 0/7 - { } whiskers 51/51 AC23(24) {haste }

Wembly will try to add to the story, but being more interested in hearing the story and not really interested in telling, he easily gets off track.

What happens to the the older twin once he knew that he had unjustly killed his brother? That is just horrible!

diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 - 2 = 13 vs DC10 Assist

Wembly stops to listen, while he studies the architecture of the gate and buildings nearby.

profession architect: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

Interesting bronze brickwork here. Not the usual use as a structural building material. Is this all original? I daresay more could be done with the flying buttresses. The encircling high stone wall definitely is consistent in style. And these gates are both functional and stylish.

Scarab Sages

Battle Map!

“Oh good eye, Ser!” Left’s doubts about Wembly evaporate like the hope of a lost traveller in the Zho Mountains.

“The Emira has modelled the rhythmic, radiating patterns which characterize Fury’s Hold on the Grand Palace of the Sultan of Efreet in the City of Brass!”

Right partners his polearm in a little jig on the spot. “The blue-haired gno… sawn-off human’s an architect! The Emira is going to be so pleased with me!”

This statement brings an immediate halt to Left’s discussion of Neoclassical Sarenraen architecture. “What do you mean pleased with YOU? I saw him first!”

Right sighs “We’ll discuss that later. In the meantime, we’re letting them in now, right?”

His partner’s response is a *SLAP* to the face and a quiet “Quack!”

“Oh, yeah …” They both look expectantly at Sifvery.

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling | Neutral Good Witch 5 | HP 32 | AC 13 | T 12 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 (+7) | Will +5 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | Init +5 | Perc +9(+11) | Move 30' | Current Conditions and Modifiers: Familiar close

Pulling a blanket higher on the horse to conceal his trove of delicacies, Fool whistles a tune he thinks is nonchalant and wishes for syrup.

Silver Crusade

Male Snowcaster elf | Slayer 6 |Hp: 29/58 | AC 22 | F +8 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +6 | Perception +13 | SM +11

Dusk turns towards the guards. "We will have to leave your town eventually. How about you let us pass, and we will tell you another story on the way out? That way we might be able to add elements of your town into the story we tell."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

Scarab Sages

Battle Map!

I know it’s the weekend, but as per the Ground Rules I’m moving us on. @Sif, you owe me at least two quacks and a waddle! If you chicken duck out and use magic, the GM will be very disappointed … ;)

The guards continue staring at the elven sorcadin but pull their halberds apart to let you all pass.

"We'll let you in, but you must secure appropriate lodgings, respect Crystalcrag's curfew, and not cause any trouble. Are we understood?"

Passing through the gate, the party finds itself in the midst of a quiet town square. An immense crystalline monument is erected in its center. Local townsfolk, dressed typically in earthy tones and bearing a mostly humanoid form (save for a few crystal-like protrusions or an onyx-like sheen to the skin) pass slowly to and fro, many giving you respectfully shy and curious glances.

Two elderly women approach Wembly and with a speed that defies their apparent age, attempt to touch the gnome’s hair. One questions the other sadly in the second language the gate guards used:

Ԃ ฿ ҉ Ӑ Ӫ Ҍ Ẁ Ӳ ӄ

Terran:
“Maybe he’s her brother?”

A young mother attracted to Hakime’s aura of purity and strength, smiles shyly as she holds up her baby – a chunky, perky, dragon glass miniature of her mom – for blessing. A universal gesture, the paladin has no doubt seen many times before.

Four or five children trail at a respectful distance behind Fool’s victuals ‘van. Curiosity rather thievery appears to be their motive. Although the braver ones rub their gravelly tummies or sink to their knees before the halfling, making mock-begging gestures with clasped palms.

☕ ☕ ☕ ☕

It is only a few minutes of taking in the sights before an aging figure, with hair-thin cracks spider-webbing his quartz-veined skin, approaches and addresses the party in strongly-accented... Taldane?

“Wotcha, Primes! Welcome to village. I be Eurdan Stonemantle, last of Crystalcrag’s three Tribunes of the Pebs.”

“‘Cha up to now? Will you do me the honor of meeting with me in private?" He gestures towards one of the larger buildings facing the square.

Overview Map of Crystalcrag! It’s also at the top of the page.

Silver Crusade

1 person marked this as a favorite.
hp 27/36; AC 20, ff18, t18; saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 7; qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

Hakime flashes the young mother and her baby a warm, closed-mouth smile and reaches out, makes the sign of Erastil on the babe's forehead as she softly says in common "Your baby is beautiful, as are you. Blessings of Erastil on you both and on your whole community... May you have peace and prosperity in all things."

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Summoner 6 [ HP 57/57 | AC (19)/13/16 | Fort +7, Ref +6(+7), Will +7 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init +3 | Perception +9] Summons-III 0/7 - { } whiskers 51/51 AC23(24) {haste }

Wembly, atop Whiskers, will nod to the guards as they pass.

True professionals, you are. I do hope we can come back out this gate to wave goodbye to you both when we head back home.

...

Wembly watches as the stony women approach, thinking they were going to offer rock cookies or something.

Hey! I am not a pet poodle. My name is Wembly...this is Whiskers. We are at your service. But not sure if you understand anything I just said. I know I sure do not understand your rocky language. I need to get a dictionary for it when I get back home...assuming there are not any to be had near here.

...

Wembly nods to the Stonemantle.

Aye, Taldane, now that I can understand. Wembly's the name and if you have someplace to meet, I am sure we'd be willing to follow. Right guys? Well, guys and gals...ladies...well all of us, right?

Scarab Sages

Female Elf Sorcerer 4 / Paladin 2| HP: 34/34 | AC: 22 (20 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +5 | Active conditions: Shield, Mage Armor

As Sifvery passes through the guards, she quietly mutters "Quack, waddle waddle, quack waddle waddle. Got any grapes? Welcome to Delaware."

It would have been better with prestidigitation effects. :)

Grand Lodge

Toro, with his large bag draped over his shoulder, walks quietly through the city taking in all of the sights. I bet the sunsets are beautiful he mumbles to himself.

Silver Crusade

hp 27/36; AC 20, ff18, t18; saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 7; qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

"We'd be honored, Master Stonemantle... lead on." Hakime says with a pleasant smile and a respectful bow of the head.

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Summoner 6 [ HP 57/57 | AC (19)/13/16 | Fort +7, Ref +6(+7), Will +7 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init +3 | Perception +9] Summons-III 0/7 - { } whiskers 51/51 AC23(24) {haste }

Wembly looks at Sifvery with a raise eyebrow. Grapes?

He scratches his head.

I thought we passed a lemonade stand. Are you trying to make me hungry?

Scarab Sages

Battle Map!

Ninja’d by the Summoner!

Sifvery Moon wrote:
"Got any grapes?"

Left shakes his flaming locks. “Nah, but I know Delgur, the barkeep at the Fifth Facet tavern does. He’ll deny it but.”

“Don’t be put off if he tries to sell you lemonade instead.” Right taps the side of his nose. “Be persistent and eventually you’ll get some.”

☘ ☙ ☘ ☙

The young mother cradles her baby in one stubby arm and places her other hand over her heart. She smiles and nods until either her daughter demands her attention or the Pathfinders have moved on.

♡ ☮ ♡ ☮

“Ol’ Gran Galena and Nona Nickeline meant no ’arm, Good Wembly.”

The community leader flashes a worn, white apatite smile. “They woz jus’ wond’rin if you ’ad a sister. One wot carries wunna them Azlanti compuss thingamies.”

Eurdan points at Dusk’s wayfinder. “Like ’e’s got, yeah?”

Hakime wrote:
"We'd be honored, Master Stonemantle... lead on."

“Righto then, Miss. Let's get you indoors, ’fore you lot attract any more attention.”

I'll get another post up in a few hours.

Scarab Sages

Battle Map!

Eurdan leads the party through a set of open gates into the courtyard of twin detached stone buildings. A simple Terran phrase is inscribed over the gateway.

He interprets for the party with a sigh. “‘Council ’Ouse: With Pride we Serve for All.’”

Inside is a cozy meeting room, and Eurdan invites everyone to make themselves at home. “As I mentioned, I am one of three Tribunes of the People or ‘Pebbles’ of Crystalcrag. Or ravver, I am the last.”

Map! Please place yourselves wherever you like in the uncovered eastern building.

“As you may have gavvered, you are not the first furr’ners to arrive recently in village. Some weeks ago, four strangers turned up. They are now the guests – or more likely prisoners - of our efreeti sovereign, Tygora Cinderfury.”

Eurdan explains. “You see, Crystalcrag is a very old settlement of oreads, which has lived under the stable but ’arsh rule of Tygora, Defender of the Cinderfury Emirate, for nearly a millennium.”

“Tygora styles herself an Emira, see? And claims all land within a ’undred leagues or so of ’er castle Fury’s ’Old, which you no doubt saw on your way in. Can’t miss it, yeah?”

“Anyway the arrival of your mates? Fam’ly? Mercenary buds? Whatevah -- and their insightful questions -- became a minor rallying point for us oreads, and they vanished quite suddenly along with one o’ my more vocal fellow councillors. Bloke by th' name o' Glaheri.”

The oread shakes his cliff face sadly. “Now Tygora’s done this kinda thing before. A year ago, the third and most outspoken councillor Koriath disappeared in a similar fashion after she tried to win concessions for the ovver oreads from the Emira.”

The civic leader makes an open-handed gesture. “If you want your mates back, you gotta sort out Tygora.”

"I’m sure you got questions."

Silver Crusade

Male Snowcaster elf | Slayer 6 |Hp: 29/58 | AC 22 | F +8 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +6 | Perception +13 | SM +11

"What can you tell us about Glaheri? What about our friends? Tygora? If we approached the castle peacefully, would Tygora meet with us? Does she have any preferred titles, besides Emira? What questions were our friends asking that were so... insightful?"

Silver Crusade

hp 27/36; AC 20, ff18, t18; saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 7; qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

"All good questions, Dusk!" she turns to Eurdan... "And if it's needed, do you know anything about the layout of Fury's Hold? Where our friends might be being held within?"

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling | Neutral Good Witch 5 | HP 32 | AC 13 | T 12 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 (+7) | Will +5 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | Init +5 | Perc +9(+11) | Move 30' | Current Conditions and Modifiers: Familiar close
Yours is mined wrote:
Although the braver ones rub their gravelly tummies or sink to their knees before the halfling, making mock-begging gestures with clasped palms.

Using his dagger to release a crate from the horses, he then pries it open with little regard to the damage he is causing to the fine dwarven blade. "Honeycakes! He shouts to all as he passes them out to the children.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (10) + 9 = 19

Diplomacy (Gather Information): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27

Know (Local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Know (planes): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (6) + 12 = 18

Scarab Sages

Battle Map!

“Ghaleri is a good man – a mite impulsive – but in truth his energy and enthusiasm now exceeds my own.”

Eurdann looks Dusk in the eye. “If ’e still lives, I need ’im back. Crystalcrag needs him back!”

“Of your mates, I know little more. Maybe less? I do know Tygora is preparing for war with the neighbouring beyliks. Trade between geniekin towns has ceased. Imported goods do not exist. Businesses are failing, workers have lost their jobs and children are beginnin' to go ’ungry. The people of Crystalcrag … are not a happy lot.”

The Tribune shrugs. “If your mates got skills useful to the Emira, or to her war effort, perhaps they still live.”

Dusk wrote:
“If we approached the castle peacefully, would Tygora meet with us?”

“Aye, she would. She would at that.”

Eurdann gives Dusk a wry smile. “Wit’ two dozen compacted Efreet riding Cauchemar by ’er side.”

“Do not look for the Emira’s good side. She simply 'asn’t got one.”

He continues without pausing for breath. “In my ‘umble opinion, she cannot be defeated either ‘ead-on or by stealth inside 'er own walls. At least, not right now.”

“No, if it were me looking to defeat her, I would try an' rally her own people against her. If that was to be your plan, I might have a few names for ya.”

Hakime wrote:
“And if it's needed, do you know anything about the layout of Fury's Hold? Where our friends might be being held within?"

“Nay, Lass. I daen’t.”

The old oread looks to be weighing something up in his mind before opening his mouth. “But yon Morak Jadeglow the alchemist might. Up ‘til now ‘e’s been doing good business with the Emira.”

“Though I also hear he hasn’t been paid in quite some time. Apparently ‘e’s not best pleased.”

Scarab Sages

Female Elf Sorcerer 4 / Paladin 2| HP: 34/34 | AC: 22 (20 Tch, 17 Fl) | CMD: 18 | F: +7, R: +7, W: +11 | Init: +4 | Perc: +11, SM: +5 | Active conditions: Shield, Mage Armor

"So, basically you want us to create an uprising to de-throne a would be tyrant as part of a plan to break our friends out of prison? I'm not saying no, mind... just trying to make sure I understand the request."

"So, what about those names. And where can we find Jadeglow?"

Silver Crusade

Male Snowcaster elf | Slayer 6 |Hp: 29/58 | AC 22 | F +8 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +6 | Perception +13 | SM +11

Once we leave this area, Dusk will purchase food for the hungry children, and will pass it out whenever he sees children who are hungry. If food can not be purchased, Dusk will give all the food from his pack to the children.

GM, please give me a gp cost for the chronicle sheet.

Silver Crusade

Male Snowcaster elf | Slayer 6 |Hp: 29/58 | AC 22 | F +8 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +6 | Perception +13 | SM +11
Yours is mined wrote:

“Ghaleri is a good man – a mite impulsive – but in truth his energy and enthusiasm now exceeds my own.”

Eurdann looks Dusk in the eye. “If ’e still lives, I need ’im back. Crystalcrag needs him back!”

"We will do our best to find him and escort him home. Can you give us a description of Ghalrei?

Liberty's Edge

Male Gnome Summoner 6 [ HP 57/57 | AC (19)/13/16 | Fort +7, Ref +6(+7), Will +7 (+2 vs. illusions) | Init +3 | Perception +9] Summons-III 0/7 - { } whiskers 51/51 AC23(24) {haste }

"Aye, let us know how to find this Morak Jadeglow. That seems the best path if he has a good relationship with Emira."

Wembly would also be willling to help with food supplies to the children.

"Creating an uprising to liberate the oppressed is right up our alley, right Whiskers? ."

Wembly scratches the green cat between the ears while listening for the confirmation and direction

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Battle Map!

The children of Crystalcrag form a circle around Fool, squealing with glee as the ring wheels left and right in turn. Occasionally a child will break off to the center to dance a merry jig with the halfling.

Idle villagers lift their heads in surprise, as if they hadn’t heard children’s laughter in quite some time.

☺ ♪ ☺ ♫

Dusk wrote:
“Can you give us a description of Ghalrei?”

“Aye, Ser. Simple as kiss my ‘and.” *Think* Bron from GoT for Eurdan’s manner of speaking.

Eurdan’s upbeat tone has an edge of steel. “If ‘e’s still alive, ‘e’ll be the only oread in Fury’s ‘Old wot is. If not, ‘e’ll be the freshest corpse.”

Sifvery Moon wrote:
"So, basically you want us to create an uprising to de-throne a would be tyrant as part of a plan to break our friends out of prison?"

“Your words, Miss … though I would not oppose such a plan.”

Sifvery Moon wrote:
"So, what about those names. And where can we find Jadeglow?"

The Tribune nods sagely. “I think you are wise to test the common folk’s appetite for change, ravver than taking the word of some ol’ goat.”

“Jadeglo’ ‘as an Alchemy Shoppe – the Everlasting Fire. ‘ere why don’ I draw yers a mud map?

He scribbles in chalk on a flat piece of slate. “An’ ‘ere be Armory worked by Valsog the Smith. ‘im wot makes Tygora’s weapons and such. ‘is attitude would tellin’ – seein’ how the Emira had ‘im dragged ‘ere in chains ‘bout a century back.”

“Then there’s the place the common folk meet to relax and chat – the beatin ‘eart of village – the Fifth Facet Tavern! Tell ol’ Delgur - Stonemantle says ‘Wotcha’ for me, will ya?”

Silver Crusade

Male Snowcaster elf | Slayer 6 |Hp: 29/58 | AC 22 | F +8 | R +11 | W +6 | Init +6 | Perception +13 | SM +11

"Does anyone else have any questions? If not, perhaps we should take our questions to Jadeglow the alchemist."

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling | Neutral Good Witch 5 | HP 32 | AC 13 | T 12 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 (+7) | Will +5 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | Init +5 | Perc +9(+11) | Move 30' | Current Conditions and Modifiers: Familiar close

"I'm sorry I wasn't listening, would you mind repeating all of that again?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


sigh

-Posted with Wayfinder

Silver Crusade

hp 27/36; AC 20, ff18, t18; saves F 10 ref 8 will 14; bab 5 melee 7 ranged 10 (12 flurry); cmb 7, cmd 24; init 1; loh 4/4; ki 6/6; wcl 7; qlippoth spawn tiefling paladin (divine hunter) 2 | monk (zen archer) 4 | image
skills:
acro 6, climb 6, diplo 10, escape 7, handle animal 7, heal 4, intim 7, know nobility 4, know religion 4, know hist 4, perception 14, perform: oratory 7, prof: soldier 10, s mot 10, stealth 5, surv 6, swim 2

"We're going to see Jadeglow the alchemist, and from there, either a smithy or a local tavern, depending on what we might learn. Coming along?"

Scarab Sages

Battle Map!

Stonemantle raises an eyebrow at Fool before turning to Toro.

"Is he always like this?"

Scene change in a few hours ;)

Grand Lodge

Male Halfling | Neutral Good Witch 5 | HP 32 | AC 13 | T 12 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +5 (+7) | Will +5 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | Init +5 | Perc +9(+11) | Move 30' | Current Conditions and Modifiers: Familiar close
Hakime wrote:
Coming along?"

"Yes! I heard there would be grapes!" as he skips to the door after them.


The hero of this story continues to sniff around in an attempt to find a clue.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27

51 to 100 of 141 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] Your Valley of Veiled ♨ All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.