[PFS] GM Doug's Down the Verdant Path (Closed) (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn


201 to 250 of 410 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 6 | HP: 44/44 + 9 temp hp | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +7 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +4 SM +4 | Dark half 8/8 | Spells Available 1: 3/8, 2: 2/6, 1: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 2: 1/1 3: 1/1 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed, false life

Eugressia winces as the owlbear sinks its beak into the porcupine.

She stares at the huntsperson in the tree.

Leave my friends alone. You had your chance.

magic missile: 2d4 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8

caster level check: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

Daisag looks hurt from the missiles, but is still up!

Kokoyuki is up!

The Concordance

Male CG Kitsune Oracle (Volcano) 3 | HP 21/27 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Speed 30ft | Melee -1, Ranged +3 Touch of Flame 6/7 | Spells: 1st 3/6 | Active conditions: None.

Kokoyuki pulls out his light crossbow and with his tiny blackened hands fires a shot at the vanara.

Light Crossbow: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4

"So c-c-c-cold. Where's the t-t-tropical weather?"


Maps & Handouts | Spell Templates

Daisag's tail pulls out a potion; she drinks. She then jump to the treetop ten feet away.

AOO for Kahru when she drinks or jumps

Jump vs DC 25: 1d20 + 7 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 7 + 10 = 30


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

Eugressia
Oiur
Kokoyuki
Kahru

Wild Huntsperson - 8HP

Whole party may act… if Kahru doesn't finish this with his AOO.

The Concordance

Male Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian (Mad Dog) 7 | hp 70/82 (91/103) Temp hp: 0/9 | AC20 T12 F19 (18/10/17) | F+10 R+5 W+6 (13/5/8) | CMB +11 (13) CMD 23 | Init +1 | Per +6 SM +1 Trapsense +2 | +1 Adam. Earthbreaker +12/2d6+7 | Speed 40ft (Climb 20 if selected) | Rage: 11/16 | Current conditions: | Current shapechange ability: bite attack

AoO, Bite (primary): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

With the branches in the way, all Kahru gets is a mouthful of pine needles.

Whole party may act.

The Concordance

Male Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian (Mad Dog) 7 | hp 70/82 (91/103) Temp hp: 0/9 | AC20 T12 F19 (18/10/17) | F+10 R+5 W+6 (13/5/8) | CMB +11 (13) CMD 23 | Init +1 | Per +6 SM +1 Trapsense +2 | +1 Adam. Earthbreaker +12/2d6+7 | Speed 40ft (Climb 20 if selected) | Rage: 11/16 | Current conditions: | Current shapechange ability: bite attack

She was sitting up in the tree firing her bow. Is that something Kahru could do as well? Or does she have some special vanaran BS for it?


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

You can totally shoot from the tree!

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian (Mad Dog) 7 | hp 70/82 (91/103) Temp hp: 0/9 | AC20 T12 F19 (18/10/17) | F+10 R+5 W+6 (13/5/8) | CMB +11 (13) CMD 23 | Init +1 | Per +6 SM +1 Trapsense +2 | +1 Adam. Earthbreaker +12/2d6+7 | Speed 40ft (Climb 20 if selected) | Rage: 11/16 | Current conditions: | Current shapechange ability: bite attack

Rage can make people do stupid things...but even that has its limits. Seeing the fey leap to another tree, Kahru decides better of following. He draws a composite longbow from his back and looses an arrow at her, hoping to knock her from her perch.

Mwk composite longbow (+3 str): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
cold iron piercing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

GM Doug H wrote:
You can totally shoot from the tree!

You say that, but the dice say differently.

The Concordance

Male CG Kitsune Oracle (Volcano) 3 | HP 21/27 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Speed 30ft | Melee -1, Ranged +3 Touch of Flame 6/7 | Spells: 1st 3/6 | Active conditions: None.

Kokoyuki reloads and fires again! Assuming he can see her.

Light Crossbow: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 6 | HP: 44/44 + 9 temp hp | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +7 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +4 SM +4 | Dark half 8/8 | Spells Available 1: 3/8, 2: 2/6, 1: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 2: 1/1 3: 1/1 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed, false life

Eugressia moves back toward the safety of the trees, drawing a wand.

magic missile!: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

wand caster level check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

The missiles graze Daisag, seeming to penetrate her paltry SR, but doing less damage than before.

Daisag is at -10HP

Oiur is up.

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 6 | HP: 50/51 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 |F: +8, R: +6, W: +7; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +9 SM +11 | Perform 16/21; Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 3/4 | +1 earth breaker +9 (2d6+7 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +8, mwk com longbow +7 | Active Conditions: h.awareness, raging song |

Oiur plants their earth breaker on the ice and flings out a hand. A solid bar shimmers into place before the belligerent brachiator, pulsing with the rhythm of Oiur's song.

Move, cast solid note. I'd like put it around Daisag's ankle or something, if that's kosher? They'd need to make a DC 12 Strength check, or hit AC 12, or CMD 5 to make it go away and be able to move.


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

I wasn't sure about using it like a manacle, but the spell description says "use it as hook, pulley, door blocker, or anything else your imagination desires." So why not?


Maps & Handouts | Spell Templates

Daisag tries to shoot at the big bad bear, and misses again.

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

I am wondering what's up with this dice roller. I just did a quick count and see 6 8's on the last 15 or so dd20 rolls. Each of her last 3 attacks she rolled an 8!


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

Whole party is up.

The Concordance

Male Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian (Mad Dog) 7 | hp 70/82 (91/103) Temp hp: 0/9 | AC20 T12 F19 (18/10/17) | F+10 R+5 W+6 (13/5/8) | CMB +11 (13) CMD 23 | Init +1 | Per +6 SM +1 Trapsense +2 | +1 Adam. Earthbreaker +12/2d6+7 | Speed 40ft (Climb 20 if selected) | Rage: 11/16 | Current conditions: | Current shapechange ability: bite attack

Kahru fires again. "Sit still, dammit!"

Mwk composite longbow (+3 str): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
cold iron piercing: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

She falls from the tree.

Out of combat!

She has several pieces of gear that detect as magic, as well as a quiver of arrows and a dagger.

DC 18 Spellcraft:

+1 studded leather armor

DC 18 Spellcraft:

+1 composite longbow (+2 Str)

DC 18 Spellcraft:

Potion of Cure Moderate Wounds

DC 20 Spellcraft:

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 6 | HP: 44/44 + 9 temp hp | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +7 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +4 SM +4 | Dark half 8/8 | Spells Available 1: 3/8, 2: 2/6, 1: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 2: 1/1 3: 1/1 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed, false life

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16

"This studded leather armor is magically enchanted!"


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

You now have time to more closely inspect this flash-frozen wilderness. The most interesting specimens include a thrush suspended in midair just above a snowy pine, a radiant verbena cocooned in paper-thin ice, and a motionless fire whose flames are glazed in rime.

The Concordance

Male Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian (Mad Dog) 7 | hp 70/82 (91/103) Temp hp: 0/9 | AC20 T12 F19 (18/10/17) | F+10 R+5 W+6 (13/5/8) | CMB +11 (13) CMD 23 | Init +1 | Per +6 SM +1 Trapsense +2 | +1 Adam. Earthbreaker +12/2d6+7 | Speed 40ft (Climb 20 if selected) | Rage: 11/16 | Current conditions: | Current shapechange ability: bite attack

Kahru climbs down with a weary sigh and retrieves his earthbreaker, pausing to give Nokka a scritch behind the ears. "That's some powerful stuff you got in that song, Oiur. I'd never felt anger like that before."

The Concordance

Male CG Kitsune Oracle (Volcano) 3 | HP 21/27 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Speed 30ft | Melee -1, Ranged +3 Touch of Flame 6/7 | Spells: 1st 3/6 | Active conditions: None.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

”This composite longbow is enhanced as well!”

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Kitsune Oracle (Volcano) 3 | HP 21/27 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Speed 30ft | Melee -1, Ranged +3 Touch of Flame 6/7 | Spells: 1st 3/6 | Active conditions: None.

Kokoyuki, being an Oracle of the volcano, is interested in the frozen fire. Does there seem to be any way to thaw it out?

”So c-c-cold,” he says as he inspects the flames. Is there a particular knowledge check?


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

It doesn't seem like you can thaw them out. However, you might be able to harvest a single frozen flame and take it home with you. To do so, your fingers must be nimble.

This means a sleight of hand check or dexterity check to harvest a flame. The party can have 3 attempts before the entire fire crumbles to powder. You cannot aid another on the check.

Concordance:

Ashasar would be quite interested in such unique specimens of winter as frozen flame, flower, and fowl.

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 6 | HP: 44/44 + 9 temp hp | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +7 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +4 SM +4 | Dark half 8/8 | Spells Available 1: 3/8, 2: 2/6, 1: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 2: 1/1 3: 1/1 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed, false life

Eugressia pulls out a wand.

"I almost forgot...we should protect ourselves from the elements." She taps everyone with endure elements.

She examines the frozen flame. "Is anyone especially dexterous? We should try to bring a sample back for Ashasar."

The Concordance

Male CG Kitsune Oracle (Volcano) 3 | HP 21/27 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Speed 30ft | Melee -1, Ranged +3 Touch of Flame 6/7 | Spells: 1st 3/6 | Active conditions: None.

Kokoyuki sighs with relief and thanks Eugressia.

He looks at his withered, blacked hands. ”Sadly, I was burned as a young kit, so I don’t have the nimblest fingers.”

I just realized I have two characters with unusual hands!

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 6 | HP: 50/51 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 |F: +8, R: +6, W: +7; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +9 SM +11 | Perform 16/21; Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 3/4 | +1 earth breaker +9 (2d6+7 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +8, mwk com longbow +7 | Active Conditions: h.awareness, raging song |

Oiur grimaces when the fey creature feints, hangs for a moment from their solid musical manifestation, then topples through the trees.

Cold recedes after Eugressia's ministrations, and they sigh with relief.
"It's odd, Kahru. It has that effect on some, but not me. It's more of a... focusing effect." Ice shaving flutter and clatter to the ground as they slap the back of their armor. "Clears my head, braces my body. Honestly, it's a little frightening what it does to others."

"Say, what's this?" When they prod the fallen vanara with a boot tip, an arrow tumbles out their quiver. They pick it up and cluck their tongue. "Huh. Could knock someone out! I guess it's good to know they weren't trying to kill us. I could do the same, if no one minds me taking their bow."

"As for the flames and the like..." The verbena glitters icily. "This is miraculous! I'd be happy to see what Ashasar makes of it. Not that I've ever had the most delicate fingers." A rueful smile lifts one cheek. "Should've heard me practicing the samisen. Ugh."

I've just got a +2 Dex, and would need to switch armor to avoid –4 ACP, but I can try if no one else can!
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 6 | HP: 50/51 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 |F: +8, R: +6, W: +7; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +9 SM +11 | Perform 16/21; Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 3/4 | +1 earth breaker +9 (2d6+7 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +8, mwk com longbow +7 | Active Conditions: h.awareness, raging song |

"Oh!" They snap their fingers excitedly, rounding on Kokoyuki. "So! You can turn into a fox! Or you are a fox?" A wirey hand bolts to their mouth. "Err, sorry. Hope that wasn't rude."

The Concordance

Male CG Kitsune Oracle (Volcano) 3 | HP 21/27 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Speed 30ft | Melee -1, Ranged +3 Touch of Flame 6/7 | Spells: 1st 3/6 | Active conditions: None.

Kokyuki smiles and gives a nod of his head.

"I love the samisen," he says. "Did anyone notice that poor bird?" He points to the thrush suspended in the air.


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

Just to move things along here:

A person with a climb speed could easily reach the bird. Otherwise, you will need to make a climb check.

You can collect a flower with no check, as there are so many of them.

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 6 | HP: 50/51 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 |F: +8, R: +6, W: +7; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +9 SM +11 | Perform 16/21; Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 3/4 | +1 earth breaker +9 (2d6+7 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +8, mwk com longbow +7 | Active Conditions: h.awareness, raging song |

"Maybe we can coax it down with some nectar?" Oiur snaps a rimed blossom from its stem and holds it up towards the frozen bird; it remains stuck mid-flight.
"Mmm, guess not. Kahru, think you could climb up and grab it?"

The Concordance

Male Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian (Mad Dog) 7 | hp 70/82 (91/103) Temp hp: 0/9 | AC20 T12 F19 (18/10/17) | F+10 R+5 W+6 (13/5/8) | CMB +11 (13) CMD 23 | Init +1 | Per +6 SM +1 Trapsense +2 | +1 Adam. Earthbreaker +12/2d6+7 | Speed 40ft (Climb 20 if selected) | Rage: 11/16 | Current conditions: | Current shapechange ability: bite attack

"Sure thing." Kahru closes his eyes and focuses, and for a moment he's back in his human form before once again taking on the aspects of a bear. This time, his fingers are long, his toes with sharp claws to dig into tree bark. Shifting back to human form, then back into bear form selecting climb speed instead of bite. He nimbly climbs up the tree and carefully retrieves the frozen bird. When he is safely back on the ground, he repeats the process, returning to the form with protruding jaws. Back to bite attack.

The Concordance

Male Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian (Mad Dog) 7 | hp 70/82 (91/103) Temp hp: 0/9 | AC20 T12 F19 (18/10/17) | F+10 R+5 W+6 (13/5/8) | CMB +11 (13) CMD 23 | Init +1 | Per +6 SM +1 Trapsense +2 | +1 Adam. Earthbreaker +12/2d6+7 | Speed 40ft (Climb 20 if selected) | Rage: 11/16 | Current conditions: | Current shapechange ability: bite attack

Go for it Oiur. I think you (sans armor) and Eugressia are our best bets on the fire (you both have +2 Dex).

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 6 | HP: 44/44 + 9 temp hp | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +7 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +4 SM +4 | Dark half 8/8 | Spells Available 1: 3/8, 2: 2/6, 1: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 2: 1/1 3: 1/1 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed, false life

Eugressia makes an attempt to break off a piece of the fire gently.

Dexterity: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

Eugressia easily snaps off a flashing flame; it's so thin that when she turns it sideways it seems to disappear.

Nice work everyone! It's time to move on. I will post a bit later this morning.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

After departing the flash-frozen lakeside, you enter a bewildering forest maze. Every twist and turn inevitably pulls you to the heart of the forest. Reversing course (should any of you choose to try), leads to further unexplored trails that also corkscrew to the center.

Compounding this, the seasons fluctuate, hampering travel in a variety of ways.

GM screen:

1d4 ⇒ 3

It's very hot. Oiur hums a marching tune as the party pushes through the thick undergrowth. Frogs chortle in the distance.

GM screen:

1d4 ⇒ 4

Dead leaves skitter across a melancholy lane of beech trees. A branch quivers in the wind and throws a swirl of leaves into Eugressia's face.

GM screen:

1d4 ⇒ 2

A jubilee of spring flowers. Kahru has sneezing fits from the pollen in the air. A horse fly with large chameleon eyes buzzes in Nokka's feathers as it sucks her blood.

GM screen:

1d4 ⇒ 1

A gloomy pine forest — Kokoyuki shivers as he pushes past a snow-drift and slips on black ice. Somewhere a tree creaks in the wind; it sounds like a wheezing laugh.


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

Eventually, the party enters a grove. Here, the air dances with multicolored sparks that orbit slowly around a massive mound of prickly vegetation and mulch. These motes seem to crackle with the energy of all four seasons.

A cluster of gnarled, leafless trees rises from the heap.

Instead of bearing fruit, the trees bear fat, round bindle bags, each tied closed with silvery rope. Five extinguished campfires dot the grove, each positioned near the mouth the only trails in or out.

You are now on the map. Feel free to place your minis in a different marching order if you like.

What will you do?

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 6 | HP: 50/51 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 |F: +8, R: +6, W: +7; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +9 SM +11 | Perform 16/21; Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 3/4 | +1 earth breaker +9 (2d6+7 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +8, mwk com longbow +7 | Active Conditions: h.awareness, raging song |

Oiur lifts an edge of their scarf to wipe their face; the scarlet fabric comes away with leaf litter and spring snowmelt in equal measure, and a smudge of yellow pollen remains on one high-boned cheek.
"I know it's against the whole First World thing, but I wish this place would make up its mind." They blink at the clearing. "Though this bit seems stable? And...ah!" they exclaim, pointing to the bindles, "I think we've found what we're looking for! This must be the Heartgrove, and that must be the Bramble Bank!"

They narrow their eyes. "No way it's this easy, though. And what's with these fires by the paths?" They walk over and tentatively poke the nearby northeastern fire's ashes with the butt of their earth breaker.

I have some OOC knowledge of fey entities tied to seasons; any Knowledge check I could make to determine if Oiur knows anything of the sort?


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

Sure. Make me a knowledge nature check. Maybe there is something interesting Oiur knows!

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 6 | HP: 50/51 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 |F: +8, R: +6, W: +7; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +9 SM +11 | Perform 16/21; Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 3/4 | +1 earth breaker +9 (2d6+7 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +8, mwk com longbow +7 | Active Conditions: h.awareness, raging song |

They cluck their tongue and tap a thumb on one cheek's blue spiral, considering the scene.
Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

Oiur thinks these motes would be of interest to the Concordance, and could be transported like fireflies in a jar.

The fey here may be tied to place — the heartgrove — moreso than to the elemental seasons. It’s hard to tell.

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 6 | HP: 44/44 + 9 temp hp | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +7 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +4 SM +4 | Dark half 8/8 | Spells Available 1: 3/8, 2: 2/6, 1: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 2: 1/1 3: 1/1 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed, false life

Eugressia jumps at the leaves in her face and carefully brushes them away.

"This is not a very pleasant spring."

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 6 | HP: 50/51 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 |F: +8, R: +6, W: +7; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +9 SM +11 | Perform 16/21; Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 3/4 | +1 earth breaker +9 (2d6+7 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +8, mwk com longbow +7 | Active Conditions: h.awareness, raging song |

"Hmm. Maybe Ashasar'd like to see some of these, too?" If any of the motes are close to the mouth of the path, Oiur darts out a hand and tries to pinch one between thumb and forefinger.

Also, are there any critters lurking in the grove?
Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

It pops out from between their fingers! Oiur thinks it will take a few minutes to collect a sample.

On looking around more closely, they don't see any critters. However, they see twelve bindle bags on the mound. One bindle drips rainbow colors, one has red fur and growls, and one is much larger than the rest.

I've placed these on the map.

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 6 | HP: 44/44 + 9 temp hp | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +7 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +4 SM +4 | Dark half 8/8 | Spells Available 1: 3/8, 2: 2/6, 1: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 2: 1/1 3: 1/1 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed, false life

Eugressia joins Oiur to try to catch motes.

Any particular check there?


SoT (Semester 1-4 Year 4): Map & Reference, Quest Board, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts, Macros , Quest board, Hero Points

The seasons still change here, but the motes stay.

Due to the environmental challenges and the fickle nature of these motes, you can spend several minutes chasing them like fireflies through a spectrum of seasons. Eventually, you'll catch a couple — the only need here is a little time.

The Concordance

Male CG Kitsune Oracle (Volcano) 3 | HP 21/27 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Speed 30ft | Melee -1, Ranged +3 Touch of Flame 6/7 | Spells: 1st 3/6 | Active conditions: None.

Kokoyuki points to the bag dripping colors.

”That must be Azure’s bag!”

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 6 | HP: 44/44 + 9 temp hp | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +7 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +4 SM +4 | Dark half 8/8 | Spells Available 1: 3/8, 2: 2/6, 1: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 2: 1/1 3: 1/1 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed, false life

"Oh, I think you're right!" She takes a few steps toward the bundles.

The Concordance

Male CG Kitsune Oracle (Volcano) 3 | HP 21/27 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Speed 30ft | Melee -1, Ranged +3 Touch of Flame 6/7 | Spells: 1st 3/6 | Active conditions: None.

Ever curious, although cautious in this place, Kokyuki moves closer too and begins detecting for magic in the area.

201 to 250 of 410 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Doug's Down the Verdant Path (Closed) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.