[PFS] GM Doug's Down the Verdant Path (Closed) (Inactive)

Game Master Doug Hahn


151 to 200 of 410 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian (Mad Dog) 7 | hp 70/82 (91/103) Temp hp: 0/9 | AC20 T12 F19 (18/10/17) | F+10 R+5 W+6 (13/5/8) | CMB +11 (13) CMD 23 | Init +1 | Per +6 SM +1 Trapsense +2 | +1 Adam. Earthbreaker +12/2d6+7 | Speed 40ft (Climb 20 if selected) | Rage: 11/16 | Current conditions: | Current shapechange ability: bite attack

Kahru rummages through his pack for a suitable item. After a few moments, his hand emerges with something and he jumps in, clutching Nokka. He holds a bar of soap aloft as he begins to spin.

Swim checks:

swim check 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
swim check 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 If needed.
swim check 3: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 If needed.
swim check 4: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 If needed.
swim check 5: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 If needed.

Is it alright if Kahru just holds Nokka, or do you want separate swim checks? I could probably get her to hold something in her mouth, but I don't know what the Handle Animal check would be for "three times widdershins".


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

You can just hold Nokka.

The Concordance

Male CG Kitsune Oracle (Volcano) 3 | HP 21/27 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Speed 30ft | Melee -1, Ranged +3 Touch of Flame 6/7 | Spells: 1st 3/6 | Active conditions: None.

Kokoyuki takes a half-melted candle from his pack and places it on the well.

"What's that?" he asks, pointing over everyone's heads.

Bluff: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18

While everyone is hopefully looking in the other direction he turns into a fox, grabs the candle in his blacked paws, and jumps into the well!

A LOT of Widdershins:

Widdershins!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (12) - 1 = 11
Widdershins!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Widdershins!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3
Widdershins!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Widdershins!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Widdershins!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13
Widdershins!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Widdershins!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Widdershins!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Widdershins!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Widdershins!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Widdershins!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Widdershins!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Widdershins!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (19) - 1 = 18

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 6 | HP: 44/44 + 9 temp hp | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +7 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +4 SM +4 | Dark half 8/8 | Spells Available 1: 3/8, 2: 2/6, 1: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 2: 1/1 3: 1/1 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed, false life

Ugh. Swimming. Maybe I can just remember how... Eugressia closes her eyes.

Spell recollection for monkey fish: 1d100 ⇒ 43

Coughing...sputtering...lungs filling with water...struggling...swim or die...

Eugressia opens her eyes.

"I think I can do this."

She holds up a cold weather outfit and casts monkey fish.

Which direction is widdershins again?


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Assuming Eugressia takes 10 on the swim check?

GM Screen:

Initiative
Daisag: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Eugressia: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Hounds: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Kahru: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Kokoyuki: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Oiur: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

If you are making swim checks for the round you cannot participate in this encounter, as you are not in the First World yet. On the round you succeed you will be dumped into the icy lake.

One by one you vanish… Eugressia, you spend a round casting the wand on yourself while the others try to swim, then find yourself alone and in freezing cold water in a picturesque lake with what should be sylvan surroundings — however, they've been flash-frozen. Radiant flowers hang from nearby boughs, encased in a rime of frost. Just above the tree line, frozen birds float suspended in mid-takeoff. On the ground near the lakeshore, a small campfire's flames are sheathed in ice.

Round 1
Eugressia
Oiur Trying to Widdershins, Round 2/3
Kokoyuki Trying to Widdershins, Round 2/14
Woof!?
Kahru Trying to Widdershins, Round 2/4
Wild Huntsperson

Eugressia: before being submerged in the shockingly cold water, you see a monkeylike fey with a long tail and a bow crouching in a tree. Below her are two tiny porcupines guarding her like hounds. She has seen you.

Please see the map.

Knowledge(nature) DC 10:

These are tiny porcupines; animals with a bit of fey in them.

Knowledge(nature) DC 13:

This looks like a Vanara fey. Vanara are humanoid, and can can have class levels.

Eugressia:You are in the water. To get out, you must make a DC 12 climb check as a move action; you will then be prone on the icy surface of the lake.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Kokoyuki, do you have anything that would help you swim? Perhaps, after seeing your friends vanish and finding out how difficult it is, you might try something different to get there more quickly or ask for help somehow?

The Concordance

Male CG Kitsune Oracle (Volcano) 3 | HP 21/27 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Speed 30ft | Melee -1, Ranged +3 Touch of Flame 6/7 | Spells: 1st 3/6 | Active conditions: None.

Before jumping in, Kokoyuki hesitates. He asks Azure: ”Sorry, could you just remind me which direction widdershins is? I’m not so good at swimming...”

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 6 | HP: 44/44 + 9 temp hp | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +7 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +4 SM +4 | Dark half 8/8 | Spells Available 1: 3/8, 2: 2/6, 1: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 2: 1/1 3: 1/1 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed, false life

Yes, taking 10 on the Swim check, which was definitely not a bad idea at all!

Take 10 on Knowledge (nature) for an 18.

Monkey fish also gives me a climb speed!

Eugressia hoists herself out of the water, but remains prone to keep herself a smaller target. She crawls toward the cover of the trees, but calls out to the vanara fey, in Sylvan. "Hello, friend! We do not seek to hurt the Bramble Bank. Will you speak with us?"


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Back on the material plane…

On Kokoyuki's fifth attempt at spinning the wrong direction, Jamila sighs. She reaches into the well, grabs the fox's head and twists him widdershins — the momentum grants a +2 circumstance bonus, retroactively changing the 13 to a 15! Kokoyuki vanishes.

Kokoyuki will appear on round 4.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Eugressia:
2 questions on the porcupines; one on the Fey humanoid.

It looks like you're trying Diplomacy; Give me a check!

The Concordance

2 people marked this as a favorite.
N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 6 | HP: 44/44 + 9 temp hp | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +7 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +4 SM +4 | Dark half 8/8 | Spells Available 1: 3/8, 2: 2/6, 1: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 2: 1/1 3: 1/1 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed, false life

Whatever special defenses I can get for both, please.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

I'ma use my reroll on that.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 8 + 2 = 24

That's better!


Maps & Handouts | Spell Templates

Grasping an arrow, her tail pauses in the act of passing it to her hand. What!? But you have caused the breach, and therefore hurt the Whirlwood, wherein lies the Bramble Bank! Thus, you are marked to die by Daisag of the Whirlwood wild hunt! Why should Daisag speak to you?

She makes a motion. Hold a moment, my hounds! I must consider. Perhaps this strange creature's words can help Daisag win the greater share glory for herself.

The porcupines hop about on kangaroo legs and try to bark, but little squeaks come out instead.

Please note I changed the artwork on the slide, as there's a female Vanaran avatar available that I didn't see before.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Round 2
Eugressia
Oiur
Kokoyuki Trying to Widdershins, Round 3/5
Woof!?
Kahru Trying to Widdershins, Round 3/4
Wild Huntsperson

Eugressia and Oiur may act!

GM screen:

1d9 ⇒ 8

Oiur appears, and as with Eugressia, the scene flashes before them before they tumble into ice-cold water.

Oiur: You are in the water. To get out, you must make a DC 12 climb check as a move action; you will then be prone on the icy surface of the lake.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]
Eugressia wrote:
Whatever special defenses I can get for both, please.

Special defenses:

The humanoid is Immune to cold, has some electricity resistance, and some SR.

The "hounds" have resistance against cold and electricity, and some SR.

Neither of these creatures seems to have DR/cold iron, which is typical for creatures with the Fey template.

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 6 | HP: 50/51 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 |F: +8, R: +6, W: +7; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +9 SM +11 | Perform 16/21; Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 3/4 | +1 earth breaker +9 (2d6+7 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +8, mwk com longbow +7 | Active Conditions: h.awareness, raging song |

Oiur splutters indignantly when they surface. Their coughs take on some semblance of a rhythm, one mimicked by slapping palms as they pull themselves up. Earth breaker on their back scraping clouds of fine ice from the sheet, they flop out of the freezing water and into the equally(?) freezing air.
Standard to start raging song, move to Climb.
Climb: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
Knowledge (nature) vs. DC 10: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Knowledge (nature) vs. DC 13: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Any special attacks on the porcupines? If not, any risk of getting quill'd or the like when striking them?


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Porcupines:

Yep, you'll get quill'd if you attack with light or one-handed melee weapons, natural weapons, an unarmed strike, or grappling.

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 6 | HP: 44/44 + 9 temp hp | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +7 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +4 SM +4 | Dark half 8/8 | Spells Available 1: 3/8, 2: 2/6, 1: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 2: 1/1 3: 1/1 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed, false life

Continuing in Sylvan, "We did not cause the breach, and our goal is to fix it, as it's hurting our side too. Please, work with us, and you will have the glory of eliminating the breach altogether!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Maps & Handouts | Spell Templates

Work together!? Daisag need not cooperate, collude, conspire, comply, coordinate, or collaborate — there are only two of you and three of us, after all!

Now tell me before you die at Daisag's leisure: why have you breached the breach? There is no need to fib: you'll come back soon after, after all… at which point, if satisfied, charitable Daisag may choose not to hunt you again.

The hounds leap about and try to bray; Eugressia and Oiur can hardly hear the high-pitched yips.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Round 3
Eugressia
Oiur
Kokoyuki (Trying to Widdershins, Round 4/5.)
Woof!?
Kahru (Trying to Widdershins, appearing later this round.)
Wild Huntsperson

Eugressia and Oiur may act!

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 6 | HP: 44/44 + 9 temp hp | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +7 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +4 SM +4 | Dark half 8/8 | Spells Available 1: 3/8, 2: 2/6, 1: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 2: 1/1 3: 1/1 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed, false life

Eugressia crawls forward, staying low.

"I speak the truth! There are more of us coming, but we only come to this side in order to close the breach."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 6 | HP: 50/51 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 |F: +8, R: +6, W: +7; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +9 SM +11 | Perform 16/21; Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 3/4 | +1 earth breaker +9 (2d6+7 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +8, mwk com longbow +7 | Active Conditions: h.awareness, raging song |

Oiur's head clears and their blood ceases thrumming. (Song drops) Rising to a crouch, they raise their eyebrows at Eugressia, looking between her and the fey perched in frozen boughs.

"Breached? Right, the well. Gah, I'm soaked, and it's freezing!"
DC 15 Bluff to pass secret message: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
They glare at the puff of fog produced by their breath and pull their red scarf over their mouth.
"Do you think," they mutter to Eugressia, pitching their voice low, "that honesty is the best policy here?"

Oops, cross-posted with Kate! I think my action's'll stay the same, though.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

GM screen:

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

The "hounds" yip and leap about, becoming more frantic. The humanoid frowns, her eyes narrowing slightly at Oiur's words.

GM screen:

1d9 ⇒ 2
1d9 ⇒ 2
1d9 ⇒ 3

Kahru and Nokka appear, and as with Eugressia and Oiur, the scene flashes before them before they tumble into ice-cold water.

Kahru and Nokka: You are each in the water. To get out, you must each make a DC 12 climb check (or, if you have climb speed you'll succeed) as a move action; you will then be prone on the icy surface of the lake.

Kahru and Nokka are up!

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian (Mad Dog) 7 | hp 70/82 (91/103) Temp hp: 0/9 | AC20 T12 F19 (18/10/17) | F+10 R+5 W+6 (13/5/8) | CMB +11 (13) CMD 23 | Init +1 | Per +6 SM +1 Trapsense +2 | +1 Adam. Earthbreaker +12/2d6+7 | Speed 40ft (Climb 20 if selected) | Rage: 11/16 | Current conditions: | Current shapechange ability: bite attack

Kahru climbs out of the frozen lake and stands, trying to figure out who his friends are talking to. Kahru and his +11 can't fail that climb check.


Large Owlbear | hp 55/57 | AC24 T10 F23 | F+9 R+6 W+5 (+4 vs enchantments) | CMB +9 (+11 drag, +14 Grapple) CMD 22 (24 vs drag, 26 vs trip) | Init +1 | Low-light, scent, Per +5 | Bite (PA) +7/1d8+10, 2 Claws (PA) +7/1d6+10+grab | Speed 40ft | Space 10ft, Reach 5ft | Current conditions:

Nokka climb: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Nokka follows Kahru out of the hole and stands, puffing up like a feather duster as she shakes freezing water off her feathers.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian (Mad Dog) 7 | hp 70/82 (91/103) Temp hp: 0/9 | AC20 T12 F19 (18/10/17) | F+10 R+5 W+6 (13/5/8) | CMB +11 (13) CMD 23 | Init +1 | Per +6 SM +1 Trapsense +2 | +1 Adam. Earthbreaker +12/2d6+7 | Speed 40ft (Climb 20 if selected) | Rage: 11/16 | Current conditions: | Current shapechange ability: bite attack

"Ack, watch it, Nokka!" Kahru says, trying to shield himself from the spray.


Maps & Handouts | Spell Templates

The huntsperson ponders, stroking her chin with her tail. Now there are more of you than there are of Daisag and her hunting dogs…


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Round 4

Eugressia
Oiur
Kokoyuki
Woof!?
Kahru
Wild Huntsperson

Kokoyuki appears! As with Eugressia and Oiur and Kahru and Nokka, the scene flashes before Kokoyuki before he tumbles into ice-cold water.

To escape, he must make a DC 12 climb check as a move action; he will then be prone on the icy surface of the lake.

GM Screen:

1d9 ⇒ 4

Eugressia, Oiur, and Kokoyuki are up!

If it comes up, you will have a –5 penalty on all Acrobatics and Climb checks once on the surface of the ice.

Any trees will be difficult terrain.

The Concordance

Male CG Kitsune Oracle (Volcano) 3 | HP 21/27 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Speed 30ft | Melee -1, Ranged +3 Touch of Flame 6/7 | Spells: 1st 3/6 | Active conditions: None.

Kokoyuki, as a sopping wet fox, fumbles and splashes at the edge of the ice, eager to get out of the freezing water. On his second attempt he makes it!

climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (6) - 1 = 5
climb: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (15) - 1 = 14

Move and a standard

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 6 | HP: 50/51 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 |F: +8, R: +6, W: +7; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +9 SM +11 | Perform 16/21; Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 3/4 | +1 earth breaker +9 (2d6+7 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +8, mwk com longbow +7 | Active Conditions: h.awareness, raging song |

”Yes, and we really are here to close this breach. We didn’t make it!”
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
real tired, so a brief post

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 6 | HP: 44/44 + 9 temp hp | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +7 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +4 SM +4 | Dark half 8/8 | Spells Available 1: 3/8, 2: 2/6, 1: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 2: 1/1 3: 1/1 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed, false life

Eugressia stand and moves forward, keeping herself near cover.

"Please, lower your weapons and speak with us. We can help both sides!"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Too hyperactive to be held back any longer, the tiny hounds frenetically leap into the fray, barking and entering the space of the person who's been talking most of this time, as well as the nearest enemy.

They each double move.

Eugressia and Kokoyuki: AOOs if you like, while the "hounds" enter your squares.

Kahru is up!


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Ice and trees are also difficult terrain, all. So the hounds can't reach you… yet!

The Concordance

Male Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian (Mad Dog) 7 | hp 70/82 (91/103) Temp hp: 0/9 | AC20 T12 F19 (18/10/17) | F+10 R+5 W+6 (13/5/8) | CMB +11 (13) CMD 23 | Init +1 | Per +6 SM +1 Trapsense +2 | +1 Adam. Earthbreaker +12/2d6+7 | Speed 40ft (Climb 20 if selected) | Rage: 11/16 | Current conditions: | Current shapechange ability: bite attack

"Nokka, flank!" Kahru shouts, pointing toward the nearest hound. He then strides around the corner of the lake, taking up position and readying his attack for Nokka to get into flanking position.


Large Owlbear | hp 55/57 | AC24 T10 F23 | F+9 R+6 W+5 (+4 vs enchantments) | CMB +9 (+11 drag, +14 Grapple) CMD 22 (24 vs drag, 26 vs trip) | Init +1 | Low-light, scent, Per +5 | Bite (PA) +7/1d8+10, 2 Claws (PA) +7/1d6+10+grab | Speed 40ft | Space 10ft, Reach 5ft | Current conditions:

Nokka moves around to the far side of the hound's square (I don't think that provokes, if the hound is tiny), flanking with Kahru (double move).

The Concordance

Male Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian (Mad Dog) 7 | hp 70/82 (91/103) Temp hp: 0/9 | AC20 T12 F19 (18/10/17) | F+10 R+5 W+6 (13/5/8) | CMB +11 (13) CMD 23 | Init +1 | Per +6 SM +1 Trapsense +2 | +1 Adam. Earthbreaker +12/2d6+7 | Speed 40ft (Climb 20 if selected) | Rage: 11/16 | Current conditions: | Current shapechange ability: bite attack

Once Nokka is in position, Kahru swings his earthbreaker, trying to destroy the advancing 'hound'. Pack Tactics gives Kahru and Nokka +4 each instead of +2 when they flank with each other.

Adamantine Earth Breaker, Power Attack, flanking (pack tactics): 1d20 + 8 - 1 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 8 - 1 + 4 = 16
Damage, Power Attack: 2d6 + 6 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 6 + 3 = 12


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

The frozen lake booms like the surface of a drum as the tiny hound splatters.

The Concordance

Male Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian (Mad Dog) 7 | hp 70/82 (91/103) Temp hp: 0/9 | AC20 T12 F19 (18/10/17) | F+10 R+5 W+6 (13/5/8) | CMB +11 (13) CMD 23 | Init +1 | Per +6 SM +1 Trapsense +2 | +1 Adam. Earthbreaker +12/2d6+7 | Speed 40ft (Climb 20 if selected) | Rage: 11/16 | Current conditions: | Current shapechange ability: bite attack

"Um, sorry about your...dog, I guess?"


Maps & Handouts | Spell Templates

Daisag shoots furiously at the biggest threat on the field (the one that just splattered her hound).

longbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

And misses!

She moves 5 feet up into the evergreen branches. She is now 15 feet up.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Eugressia
Oiur
Kokoyuki

Woof!?
Kahru
Wild Huntsperson

Eugressia, Oiur, and Kokoyuki are up!

The Concordance

2 people marked this as a favorite.
Male CG Kitsune Oracle (Volcano) 3 | HP 21/27 | AC 16 T 11 FF 15 | CMB +3, CMD 14 | F: +3, R: +3, W: +5 | Init: +2 | Perc: +1, SM: +1 Speed 30ft | Melee -1, Ranged +3 Touch of Flame 6/7 | Spells: 1st 3/6 | Active conditions: None.

Kokoyuki stands up and turns human. He looks a little bashful about his entrance.

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 6 | HP: 50/51 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 |F: +8, R: +6, W: +7; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +9 SM +11 | Perform 16/21; Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 3/4 | +1 earth breaker +9 (2d6+7 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +8, mwk com longbow +7 | Active Conditions: h.awareness, raging song |

Oiur brandishes their earth breaker and begins to sing, the song's deep and steady drone matching the bone quivering pitch of the ice sheet drum.

The Concordance

N Sylph Psychic (amnesiac) 6 | HP: 44/44 + 9 temp hp | AC: 18 (13 Tch, 16 Fl) (+2 vs nonmagical ranged attacks) | CMB: +2, CMD: 15 | F: +5, R: +6, W: +7 (+2 vs. air or electricity) | Init: +4 | Speed 30ft | P: +4 SM +4 | Dark half 8/8 | Spells Available 1: 3/8, 2: 2/6, 1: 3/4 | Amnesiac Spell Recollection Slots 2: 1/1 3: 1/1 | Active conditions: breeze-kissed, false life

Realizing she can't easily step away in the thick brush, Eugressia tries to focus.

She tries to step away from the creature carefully.

Acrobatic: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15

Maybe?

It's resistant to your magic...but not to rocks!

Eugressia sends a large rock flying at the "hound."

ranged attack, telekinetic projectile: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
ouch?: 1d6 ⇒ 5


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Since it's tiny it doesn't threaten adjacent squares — you are fine moving alongside it.

Eugressia's rock barely misses the tiny creature. The hound howls (squeaks) and tries to acrobatics into Eugressia's square at full speed.

Acrobatics vs CMD: 1d20 + 10 - 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 10 = 16

It then tries to slap her with its tail, but misses!

Tail: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Eugressia
Oiur
Kokoyuki
Woof!?
Kahru
Wild Huntsperson

Kahru May act.

The Concordance

Male Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian (Mad Dog) 7 | hp 70/82 (91/103) Temp hp: 0/9 | AC20 T12 F19 (18/10/17) | F+10 R+5 W+6 (13/5/8) | CMB +11 (13) CMD 23 | Init +1 | Per +6 SM +1 Trapsense +2 | +1 Adam. Earthbreaker +12/2d6+7 | Speed 40ft (Climb 20 if selected) | Rage: 11/16 | Current conditions: | Current shapechange ability: bite attack

"Nokka, flank!" Kahru directs Nokka to help the harried psychic, then runs to the base of the tree. Double move.

Handle Animal, companion, harness, owlbear: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 + 2 - 2 = 12


Large Owlbear | hp 55/57 | AC24 T10 F23 | F+9 R+6 W+5 (+4 vs enchantments) | CMB +9 (+11 drag, +14 Grapple) CMD 22 (24 vs drag, 26 vs trip) | Init +1 | Low-light, scent, Per +5 | Bite (PA) +7/1d8+10, 2 Claws (PA) +7/1d6+10+grab | Speed 40ft | Space 10ft, Reach 5ft | Current conditions:

Nokka moves to flank with Oiur and attacks the pointy dog-thing.

bite, flank: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 2 = 24
damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Eugressia is splattered in hound guts!


Maps & Handouts | Spell Templates

The Seeing the bear come closer, Daisag climbs 5 feet higher. 20' up, at the top of the tree.

She pulls out a special arrow with her tail and carefully shoots it at the bear.

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Even so, she misses.


SoT (Grad School Year 1, Sem. 1): Maps, Quests, Handouts, Macros Kobolds: Maps & Handouts | Macros [KiT]

Eugressia
Oiur
Kokoyuki
Kahru

Wild Huntsperson

Party may act.

Accelerated Climbing the tree is a DC 25 check; looks like you can get that by taking 10, as you have a total +19 climb, Kahru.

The Concordance

LN nonbinary human skald 6 | HP: 50/51 | AC: 20 (13 Tch, 18 Fl) | CMB: +8, CMD: 21 |F: +8, R: +6, W: +7; +4 vs. bard/sonic/language | Init: +6 | Speed 20ft | P: +9 SM +11 | Perform 16/21; Spells: 1st 3/5, 2nd 3/4 | +1 earth breaker +9 (2d6+7 /x3), cld irn dagger/slvr hvy mace +8, mwk com longbow +7 | Active Conditions: h.awareness, raging song |

Oiur steadies themself with the earth breaker and moves gingerly across frozen lake, chest resonating with their song's focusing thrum. Raging song is active, forgot to explicitly state so last turn!

Double move!

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Coldborn Skinwalker Barbarian (Mad Dog) 7 | hp 70/82 (91/103) Temp hp: 0/9 | AC20 T12 F19 (18/10/17) | F+10 R+5 W+6 (13/5/8) | CMB +11 (13) CMD 23 | Init +1 | Per +6 SM +1 Trapsense +2 | +1 Adam. Earthbreaker +12/2d6+7 | Speed 40ft (Climb 20 if selected) | Rage: 11/16 | Current conditions: | Current shapechange ability: bite attack

I only have a +11 right now, as I selected a bite attack when I went into bear form. The +19 reflects what it would be if I selected a climb speed instead. I could switch to that, but it would take two standard actions, and then I wouldn't be able to bite when I got there.

Kahru sees the arrow hit the snow next to him and then stares up at the archer. "This isn't going to go well for you. Surrender." Then, pointing Eugressia, he says "Nokka, defend!"

Handle Animal, companion, harness, owlbear: 1d20 + 4 + 4 + 2 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 4 + 2 - 2 = 12

He feels the power of Oiur's song, and for the first time in his life, this barbarian rages as he drops his earthbreaker and begins to climb! Double move up. If the climb check is enough, he'd end up 15ft up on a double move, so just under the archer (and threatening with his bite).

I don't think you can take 10 climbing in combat if you don't have a climb speed, so:
Climb, inspired rage: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29
Climb, inspired rage: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20

151 to 200 of 410 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [PFS] GM Doug's Down the Verdant Path (Closed) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.