OutPost I: Kyten's Beyond the Halflight Path (Standard) (Inactive)

Game Master Incendiaeternus

GM short cut:

Initiative
[dice=Kaminari]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Kolok]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Nemesis]1d20+0[/dice
[dice=Raynard]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Tholl]1d20+6[/dice
[dice=Zyneste]1d20+6[/dice

Perception
[dice=Kaminari]1d20+10[/dice
[dice=Kolok]1d20+14[/dice
[dice=Nemesis]1d20+4[/dice
[dice=Raynard]1d20+2[/dice
[dice=Tholl]1d20+9[/dice
[dice=Zyneste]1d20+14[/dice


1 to 50 of 282 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

As Pathfinder Agents you are summoned to the office of Venture Captain Sheila Heidmarch. You are presented in a room where you meet your fellow Pathfinder Agents while waiting.

Dotting for me is your introduction to the rest of the party, please describe what your character looks like and how they meet a new group. Even if you've played with each other before, because I'm new to you all.

The Exchange

N Male Human Psychic 4 Init +8 | HP 26/26 | AC23, touch 15, ff 21 | CMD 15 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +10
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Shield
Spell Slots:
1st: 2, 2nd: 5
Resources:
Pool 3|5; Physical Push 3|3

A tall well dressed young man leans again the wall of the Venture Captains office. He has shockingly white hair and piercing blue eyes. A well cared for pack sits on the floor at his feet and the pockets of his worn explorers outfit are stuffed with scrolls, papers, ink pens and the like. He wears no armour but his left hand has a spiked gauntlet strapped to it. He often fidgets with it as if uncomfortable with its presence.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human Fighter 4 |HP 38/44 |AC 18 T 11 FF 17 |CMB +6, CMD 20 | F +6, R +3, W +2 (+1 vs. fear) | Init: +6 |Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30/20ft |Active Conditions: none

As the large man enters the room, the conversation he seemed to be having with himself abruptly stops. His piercing blue eyes survey the office. The blond hair on his head is long, pulled back behind him in several small braids. The full handlebar moustache is also braided, the ends of which reach just below his clean-shaven chin. The skin of his face tells of much time outside, tanned and weatherworn. Around his neck he wears a necklace with several various teeth and claws hanging from it. The well-used, but cared-for splint mail he wears marks him as some sort of soldier, as does the small assortment of weapons he carries. A second glance, though, reveals a peculiarity in the armor covering his right upper arm: a small hole has been added, and sticking out from the hole is, oddly enough, a big toe. Eyeing the others in the room, he addresses them.
Russian-type accent "Hullo, fellow Pathfinders. My name is Tholl Bearcarver. I am fighter from de lands to de north, vhere the Linorm kings dvell.”
Coming from the direction of his sheathed sword, another voice speaks up. ”Hey, mate. I think they’re starin’ at yer arm-toe.”
Tholl glances down at the expertly crafted hilt that is visible above the sheath, his face getting slightly red. ”Qviet, Gamin! I told you I prefer to bring it up!” he snaps.
The voice responds, sounding a bit amused. ”Whatevah, mate. I still think you should paint the nail. Makes fer a better introduction, in my opinion. I’m just sayin’…”

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 6| HP 51/51 | AC 23, T 16, FF 17 | F +5, R +11, W +7 | Init +5 | Per +12

There's a clatter from just outside the room, and after an extended stream of cursing, Raijan wanders in. He's a young tengu, about 4'6" and barely more than 80 lbs. soaking wet, dressed in an outfit with colors clashing so much that you begin to suspect they were what you heard in the hallway outside.

Huh, am I actually early? To a briefing?

He looks around suspiciously for a second, then shrugs, sinks into a comfy chair and tips his hat down over his eyes.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

The next to arrive does so with a much less dramatic entrance than the large man with the strangely displaced toe and the talking sword or the brightly dressed tengu. Appearing Andoran from her complexion, a young woman, perhaps in her mid twenties, quietly and calmly walks into the briefing. She is dressed in simple robes of Tian appearance and possesses a quiet, dignified beauty. Her long brown hair is pulled back from her face and pinned neatly back with a delicate pin in the shape of a lotus. She wears no visible armor and the only weapon that she appears to carry is an old but very finely crafted bow strung to her back and a very full quiver of arrows.

"Greetings. I am Zyneste. I believe we have some time before the briefing commences?" She nods politely to the rest of the group before moving to a quiet corner at the back of the room. There she sits on the ground, closes her eyes and begins to meditate. Her body remains perfectly still except for her hands, which positioned as if holding a bow, repeatedly and methodically go through the actions as if she was firing off a volley of arrows.

The Exchange

NN female Aasimar Theologian 7
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 10, FF 20|HP: 35/35|F +4, R +2, W +9|Init 0, Perc +4|CMB +5 CMD 15|Radiance 2/2, Sulunai 1/1, Channel 7/7, Fire Bolt 7/7

After several minutes of awkward silence among those assembled, they are joined by a striking woman with hair like embers, eerie golden eyes, a gilded breastplate and fine clothes cut and molded to accentuate her stunning body; a broad, black shield shaped like a sunburst is strapped across her back, and at her sides are a gleaming black longsword, and a heavy golden icon in the shape of four crossed swords.

Knowledge (Religion) DC 18:
The icon is the unholy symbol of Ymeri, Elemental Lord of Fire.

"My apologies for being late," She sighs before taking a seat next to the fireplace. If there isn't already a fire roaring in it, she makes one. "I am Nemesis."

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Elf Magus 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 22, T 15, FF 17 | CMB +1 CMD 16 | F +5 R +8 W +5 | Init +8 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 6/6 | Active Conditions: None

Raynald, high blonde half elf, stands leaned back on the wall and cleans the nails with his knive. So leaned back he listened to the words of others and watched their movements to study them.

After a while he just shouted "I am Raynard!"

Religion: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

Looks at the golden icon on Nemesis but he does not recognize the symbol.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

Kn. Religion: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11

Zyneste, breathing deeply and briefly opening her eyes from her meditation takes a moment to survey the room and her new traveling companions, imagining how their ki flowed through them in different ways as expressed by their own individual outward personas and the sway of their moods. Focussing once more on her own ki, she again closes her eyes, casting her mind back to her time back in Tian Xia and the fleeting days with her beloved Juro. Casting back even further she remembers the days when they first met and the feeling of possibility and joyful expectation. She allows herself to tap into the ki of that thought as she starts to rise back into herself and the space of the room...and the new adventure that awaits her and this group of fellow travelers that she has been united in purpose with.

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

Putting this up here for Monday morning, as Monday's I'm a little slow on the start clearing up work stuff from the weekend.

Eventually as you are waiting, a man in professional attire of nobility and in the colors of Heidmarch manner enters into the room. "I must regret to inform you that the Venture Captain will not be able to meet with you before the wizards have your teleportation ready for Kaer Maga." He hands the group a letter. "While I have been assured that you will be able to pick up any supplies you need before they arrive, matters inside the city are keeping the Venture Captain busy until after you depart."

Shelia's Letter:

Greetings Friends,
For some time I have been making diplomatic inroads into Kaer Maga, the so-called City of Strangers. The Society would love to gain access to the many vaults carved beneath the city long ago. However, because of the danger of the vaults, the group in charge of protecting them—the Duskwardens—rarely allows anyone to stray from their carefully patrolled paths. The Duskwardens seemed willing to consider allowing Pathfinders to venture beyond their protection, but only if we were acting on behalf of one of the city’s major factions with their endorsement. They want us to prove that we are willing to work as partners to a faction and that we will not upset the city’s existing balance of power.

After receiving the Duskwarden’s reply, I reached out to the leaders of several of the city’s largest factions with evidence of our agents’ skill and goodwill. Most of the responses I received were noncommittal. However, Halman Wright, the leader of the Freemen faction, took a greater interest. A few years ago, Wright led a successful slave revolt, and his followers took control of the Bottoms district. Since then, the Freemen have maintained the Bottoms as a safe haven for former slaves. They also do everything they can to promote the cause of freedom without Kaer Maga without disrupting society enough to unite other factions against them.

Halman has requested that I send a team immediately to investigate the disappearance of a group of his allies. He did not provide further details. Before you go, you should know that very few in Kaer Maga are beacons of morality. Halman’s Freemen are perhaps the most upstanding organization in the city. I would rather secure an alliance with them than any of the alternatives. Do your best to prove yourselves to them.

Sincerely,
Sheila Heidmarch

This also includes a folded map, with the location of a tavern called the Common House marked on it.

~~~

After you teleport to Kaer Maga you appear just outside of the walls, with the city before you and an expansive plateau behind you. There is a gate to the city before you, and picking up on chatter you understand it's called the Meatgate. There are huddles of farmers in clothing that looks like it could be patched up a bit selling their wares in what has turned into an open-air market as you enter the gate.

Also as soon as you enter the gate you start to notice the coming and going of various porters and runners offering their services to deliver goods and messages into the city. Several individuals also calling out their services as guides, some telling of the wonderful entertainment, decent food stuffs, and the best inns and the city they can lead you to.

Let me know if the group would like to hire a guide, you do not have to. If you do, the cost is 2gp per day or a diplomacy check you may hire one cheaper. If you want to skip the guide and use the map, just let me know.

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Elf Magus 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 22, T 15, FF 17 | CMB +1 CMD 16 | F +5 R +8 W +5 | Init +8 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 6/6 | Active Conditions: None

I am for a guide!

The Exchange

N Male Human Psychic 4 Init +8 | HP 26/26 | AC23, touch 15, ff 21 | CMD 15 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +10
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Shield
Spell Slots:
1st: 2, 2nd: 5
Resources:
Pool 3|5; Physical Push 3|3

Very well, let us find a guide but be careful, in my limited experience these places tend to be hives of scum and villainy.

Kolok bows his head and closes his eyes, as he raises his head to scan the crowd of guides his eyes glow briefly with a bright blue radiance.

Kolok uses his detect thoughts SLA before heading into the pack looking for a guide. His will look to scan the surface thoughts of potential guides to check for trustworthiness. It does allow for a DC17 will save.

Diplomacy to haggle over the price: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (14) + 17 = 31
Sense motive to check for trustworthiness: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 6| HP 51/51 | AC 23, T 16, FF 17 | F +5, R +11, W +7 | Init +5 | Per +12

Well, the good news is, Heidmarch wasn't actually at the briefing. Some of us might survive...

Raijan's all in favor of the guide, though he will surreptitiously check their route against his best map-based guesses.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

Unfamiliar with the city, Zyneste has no objections to the hiring of a guide to show them around. Always a shy girl, even from her days as a farm girl in Andoran, she lets the more worldy-wise of the group haggle and barter for price.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human Fighter 4 |HP 38/44 |AC 18 T 11 FF 17 |CMB +6, CMD 20 | F +6, R +3, W +2 (+1 vs. fear) | Init: +6 |Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30/20ft |Active Conditions: none

Being more of the outdoor type, Tholl eyes the expansive city a bit apprehensively. Fortunately, his time in Absalom has helped to alleviate the feeling. He turns to the others.
"I agree ve should hire a guide. I vould also like to find a dealer of ranged weapons, should ve have the opportunity before ve set off."
Tholl would like to purchase a masterwork composite longbow with a +4 strength rating (800 gp), 20 arrows (1 gp), 20 blunt arrows (2 gp). Total 803 gp.
Gamin speaks up. "Careful, there, mate. A sword might get insulted watchin' you spend that much on a bow."

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

"Aye! Can show you around the place. The names Tun!" He's a sprightly half-elven lad that would be mid-teens for his race. "For fine upstanding individuals such as your self my going rate is 2gp a day." He listens to Kolok has he hagles the price a bit. "You all look like the honorable sort. I can make it no less than 1 gp though, a man's got to eat."

Kolok gets the feeling that he's being honest, and doesn't seem shady at all. There are definitely more shady creatures looking for groups than this boy. He's not the best dressed among the bunch, he's far from threadbare either. You get the feeling he's picked you out of the crowd because yes you have money, but more because if he does his work you'll pay him and not stiff him his fair fee.

Once past the Gap, you find yourselves in the Warren district. "Don't mind the mess adventurer's. Warren's attracts all sorts," You see there are makeshift shanties and a lot of haphazard constructions that have been put together with the ends and pieces of other projects. "Warren's are where people put down where they haven't found where they fit in yet. Mostly newcomers that didn't have plans when they came into town." The group can find going about their own business humans, halfling, goblins, orcs, wererats and other races trying to help patch up the place. You realize the orc doesn't even notice you because he's currently holding up the roof while a pair of halflings and wererats are putting a wall back up.

After a while you end up turning a bend and the transition is if you walked into a different place. The Warren's walls are haphazard and constantly under repair, while the new district has thick walls in good repair. "Here you fine folk are! The Bottoms!" Walking down the roads there are multilevel complexes of building almost in perpetual twilight as the height and roof over the top of the city blocks out the light and is replaced with a kaleidoscope of shimmer lamps.

"Also the best place in the city if your wanting supplies." Tun keeps walking point out various places. "Glenn has some of the best food around, came from somewhere down around Opprah rumor states. Mac, now it's Mac if your wanting good archery stuffs. Has the boys hauling in wood by the cart full on a regular basis, could work his way out of the Bottoms if he wanted. Think he just doesn't want to move honestly. " Though the glass windows of the building here you find candle smiths, parchment and ink suppliers, cobblers, leather working, and other crafts being performed and taught to a new generation of apprentices.

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

The Common House as you are lead up to it is a popular building. As the doors to the Common House swing open, the sound of music, drinking, and merriment flows into the streets. A team of servers rushes among clusters of tables, delivering pitchers of ale to grateful patrons. In the center of the hall, on top of a
long table, a team of fiddlers dances and plays a cheerful tune. Near the performers, a small group of armed individuals sits at a table with a conspicuous row of empty seats. One of the armed people stands and beckons.

“Pathfinders! Thank you for coming. Over here, please. We’ve saved you seats.” Indicating his two
companions, he says. “This is Anva and this is Joelle. They’re fellow councilors. I’m Halman Wright. We have the honor of representing the interests of all of the fine folks of the Bottoms.” He gestures for everyone to sit. “Your venture-captain speaks highly of you. I’m glad, as the job I have for you is very important. Yesterday one of the Duskwardens reported to me that a group of travelers had disappeared along the Halflight Path on their way here. While any such disappearances are terrible, what makes it my business is that they were headed here to join the Freemen. You see, they were—until recently—slaves in Nidal. I shudder to think of what horrors they endured there, but to be so close to their destination and just vanish,” he trails off and lowers his head.

Joelle speaks up, “We hope you are able to find these lost travelers and return them to us. All we know is that they vanished along the Halflight Path and that the Duskwardens never received a message from the Halflight charms the travelers carried. Please use whatever means you have at your disposal to find them and bring them safely here.”
“I suggest you start by talking to people around town,” adds Anva. “I’ve heard a few stories of other disappearances. Maybe there’s a connection. And try getting a meeting with one of the Augurs if you can.”

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

Diplomacy or Knowledge Local +10:

Kaer Maga is a massive ring of stone unbroken except in one place: the Warren. Some unknown calamity appears to have blown an enormous hole in the city’s ring there. Otherwise, the majority of the city is actually housed within the ring’s multileveled honeycomb of lantern-lit chambers and caverns.

Diplomacy or Knowledge Local +15:

The Warren is home to the poorest residents of Kaer Maga but also serves as the natural main entrance to the city for locals and visitors alike.

Diplomacy or Knowledge Local +20:

Kaer Maga’s government is decentralized. A collection of powerful factions controls various portions of the city. The Ardoc family of golem-crafters controls the Bis district, famed for its balconies lining the walls. The Ankar-Te district is known for its many undead servants and treats Horus Ilaktya as its de facto leader. A newer faction, the Freemen, is led by Halman Wright and operates out of the Bottoms, a stronghold of democracy. A group of peaceful trolls lives in the city, many of them skilled in augury. The Duskwardens patrol the tunnels underneath the city, where they strive to keep nosy visitors out of the
vaults and creatures in the vaults from getting out.

Diplomacy or Knowledge Local +25:

Those who want to know anything worth knowing in Kaer Maga talk to the residents of the Warren, for despite their low status, they know a great deal of what’s happening in the city.

Knowledge (Arcana or History) +10:

The city of Kaer Maga was here before the Thassilonian empire even began.

Knowledge (Arcana or History) +15:

The very first Runelord of Greed used Kaer Maga as a prison for his enemies.

Knowledge (Arcana or History) +20:

When he first took control of the city, the first Runelord of Greed made a deal with the caulborn, a mysterious race of
prophets and record-keepers residing in the city. They agreed to become wardens and historians of the city.

Knowledge (Arcana or History) +25:

After millennia of service, the caulborn predicted the arrival of the Starstone and fled deep beneath the surface to escape destruction.

Knowledge (Arcana or History) +30:

The caulborn carved out a series of caverns, passages, and even a city far beneath Kaer Maga. The caulborn used some of these places to as homes and others as storage vaults for their many treasures.

The Exchange

N Male Human Psychic 4 Init +8 | HP 26/26 | AC23, touch 15, ff 21 | CMD 15 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +10
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Shield
Spell Slots:
1st: 2, 2nd: 5
Resources:
Pool 3|5; Physical Push 3|3

Local, PF chronicle: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 2 = 19
Arcana, PF chronicle: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 10 + 2 = 23

Kolok fills the group in on what he knows about the city as he follows the young half elf lad. I can see why someone would have used this place as a prison!

As they arrive at the Inn he tips the young lad his entire initial fee. You seem a trustworthy lad, and worth the money. Hang around while we get filled in and you might earn some more coin.

Listening to the information he scowls, Can you tell us any more about these travellers or the duskwarden who was with them. Also, what's a duskwarden, or a halflight charm? I am afraid this is my first visit to your charming town and until about two years ago I was asleep for no-one knows quite how long.

He shrugs, as if that makes all the sense in the world.

The Exchange

NN female Aasimar Theologian 7
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 10, FF 20|HP: 35/35|F +4, R +2, W +9|Init 0, Perc +4|CMB +5 CMD 15|Radiance 2/2, Sulunai 1/1, Channel 7/7, Fire Bolt 7/7

Diplomacy, enhanced diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
aid Kolok's Knowledge (Arcana): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 That gives us a '25'.

Nemesis asks around, but isn't able to get much out of the locals beyond what she can see with her own eyes. She is able to help elaborate on Kolok's history lesson, though.

I can grant anyone else who tries to gather information with Diplomacy +2 to that check, if the DM will allow it.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human Fighter 4 |HP 38/44 |AC 18 T 11 FF 17 |CMB +6, CMD 20 | F +6, R +3, W +2 (+1 vs. fear) | Init: +6 |Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30/20ft |Active Conditions: none

Taking in all the sights while Tun and Kolok fill the group in on some of the history is a bit much for Tholl, but he takes it all in stride. Once they reach the Common House, though, he feels more at home. Ordering himself a mead, he sits himself down at the table, listens to Halman's tale, and asks, "Vhat exactly is one of these "Augers?"
diplomacy: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Buuuut... he stands out like a sore thumb (or extra toe, as the case may be) and is unable to collect any information from the locals.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

Zyneste doesn't spend much time reading books or socialising so hasn't anything else to add to the knowledge that the more learned and well-traveled are able to share.

She quietly waits to see where the group will decide to go first and who they will talk to, knowing that she is much better placed to assist them in combat or scouting.

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 6| HP 51/51 | AC 23, T 16, FF 17 | F +5, R +11, W +7 | Init +5 | Per +12

Raijan takes to the City of Strangers like a fish to water, and he's quickly able to fill in the rest of the agents about the various factions that have divvied up the city, Despite my best guess, Heidmarch does seem to have actually picked the only non-loathsome ones. Course I have personally been attacked by a flying pig, so I should know better than to call anything impossible...

Anyways, the augurs who are either a series of very well regarded drills, or a society of mystical trolls, might be able to help us out, but for my money there's a better place to start. Kaer Maga's strange, but it would have to be a lot weirder for the best place to find the word on the street to not be the Warrens. The one's who have real problems always know more about them.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26
Knowledge (History): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Elf Magus 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 22, T 15, FF 17 | CMB +1 CMD 16 | F +5 R +8 W +5 | Init +8 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 6/6 | Active Conditions: None

"Can you tell us more about those Freemen?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 6| HP 51/51 | AC 23, T 16, FF 17 | F +5, R +11, W +7 | Init +5 | Per +12

For the Freemen, think Andoran; they operate out of the Bottoms one of the other districts of the city and try to run it as a stronghold of democracy. Halman Wright's their current leader.

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

Halman takes a drink from the glass before talking. "Duskwardens, I guess in ways outsiders would understand think of them as urban rangers, with a handful of cave experience. Mostly keeping the more subterranean meanaces away from the edges of the city and leading folks through the lower passages. They can be spotted around mostly in the brown and gray uniforms, and the golden arch badges. They don't work for anyone - they defend the entire city so stay out of politics, but we all pay them anyway because who knows what they find down in the tunnels and keep at bay."

"The Halflight charms are magical tokens the Duskwardens give to travelers on the Halflight Path, it's the main path from the subterranean, but still has access points both above and below the surface. People carrying the token can activate it to send out a distress signal to the nearest Duskwarden." Joelle nods. "They wouldn't have been accompanied by any specific, Duskwarden if they were had charms on them, the Duskwardens specifically guard the path and so many in different places that a guide wouldn't be a useful means of using their available people."

Halman speaks up once she finishes. "We don't know where on the path they disapeared, only a rough idea. The Duskwardens could likely give you a list to narrow down."

Anva looks up at the question. "The Augurs are a group of trolls with a deep knowledge of the city and a real talent for prophecy. Their services don't always come cheap, but they are often worth the coin."

Halman laughs at Raynard's question in a jovial manner and opens his arms to indicate all around them. "We are the Freemen!" And around the bar drinks are raised in almost a toast, and Halman himself raises his glass to Kaminari. "We are! We freed ourselves from slavery almost twenty years ago now, and we've managed to build quite a community here. Most here are either those that wish to help, and more than a handful at various times were former slaves but no longer."

Sorry guys, I hit submit yesterday and came back and it's still sitting on the screen!

The Exchange

N Male Human Psychic 4 Init +8 | HP 26/26 | AC23, touch 15, ff 21 | CMD 15 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +10
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Shield
Spell Slots:
1st: 2, 2nd: 5
Resources:
Pool 3|5; Physical Push 3|3

Well that all sounds terribly interesting says Kolok but you are far more familiar with this city than we are. Where would you suggest we start looking for your missing people?

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 6| HP 51/51 | AC 23, T 16, FF 17 | F +5, R +11, W +7 | Init +5 | Per +12

**cough** The Warrens like the smart and pretty tengu told you **cough**

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

Zyneste calmly awaits the decision. "The Warrens are fine with me if that is what you think best."

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human Fighter 4 |HP 38/44 |AC 18 T 11 FF 17 |CMB +6, CMD 20 | F +6, R +3, W +2 (+1 vs. fear) | Init: +6 |Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30/20ft |Active Conditions: none

"Vell, lead the de vay and I shall follow. Point me at de enemy and shall run him/her/it through. I do not pretend to know much about many things, but I do know how to fight." And, once again, the voice of Tholl's sword, Gamin, puts in its two-bits worth...
"Ya know, Tholl, mate, I like ya, and I like travellin' with ya. But I gotta be honest, I'm not a "Drench-me-in-the-blood-o'-my-enemies!" type-a sword. Don' get me wrong, I know what I was made for. But that don' mean I gotta like it, right?"

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Elf Magus 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 22, T 15, FF 17 | CMB +1 CMD 16 | F +5 R +8 W +5 | Init +8 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 6/6 | Active Conditions: None

"Point us to the right place and we'll go!"

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

You can easily get back to the Warrens either on your own or with Tun. There are plenty of people moving around on their daily business in the Warrens that could be approached from random Merchants to others moving about.

You can choose to use Diplomacy individually or aid another, please let me know if your doing this as an aid, or separately. I’ll use the method of your aiding the highest roll. Yes from before you can grant bonuses to party members.

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 6| HP 51/51 | AC 23, T 16, FF 17 | F +5, R +11, W +7 | Init +5 | Per +12

Raijan once more plunges into the Warrens in search of information about the lost travelers.

As before, the brash tengu somehow manages to very bend the ears of a host of new friends.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Elf Magus 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 22, T 15, FF 17 | CMB +1 CMD 16 | F +5 R +8 W +5 | Init +8 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 6/6 | Active Conditions: None

Raynard goes with Kaminari and try to help him.
Diplomacy AID: 1d20 ⇒ 17

The Exchange

N Male Human Psychic 4 Init +8 | HP 26/26 | AC23, touch 15, ff 21 | CMD 15 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +10
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Shield
Spell Slots:
1st: 2, 2nd: 5
Resources:
Pool 3|5; Physical Push 3|3

Kolok heads into the Warrens with Kaminari as well. He enjoys the sensations of this strange new city, drinking in the culture and chattering away asking questions as they travel.

Kolok aids Kaminari, he cannot fail the DC10

The Exchange

NN female Aasimar Theologian 7
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 10, FF 20|HP: 35/35|F +4, R +2, W +9|Init 0, Perc +4|CMB +5 CMD 15|Radiance 2/2, Sulunai 1/1, Channel 7/7, Fire Bolt 7/7

aid Diplomacy: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

In addition, Nemesis will provide the roll-maker with enhanced diplomacy.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

Zyneste follows along quietly, appreciating the kind of beauty that the art of conversation holds, but knowing it is not a skill or talent that she will ever possess.

Doesn't look like any futher aids are needed and Zyneste only has +0 for Dip.

Grand Lodge

Male CG Human Fighter 4 |HP 38/44 |AC 18 T 11 FF 17 |CMB +6, CMD 20 | F +6, R +3, W +2 (+1 vs. fear) | Init: +6 |Perc: +9, SM: +1 | Speed 30/20ft |Active Conditions: none

Moving with the rest of the group, Tholl keeps trying to chat up the locals, but ultimately he feels out-of-sorts, much preferring the wide open spaces to the cramped, crowded feeling the city gives.
diplomacy aid: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

The group finds a few people taking a break from their day.

A merchant that looks a bit disheveled and bring in a pack mule with some goods is able to stop and talk for a while. "Yeah, I've seen some strange things going on lately," the merchant begins. "I traveled up the Halflight Path the other day with a few of my associates. Now, we've seen a thing or two in our time, but this was a new one." The merchant pauses. "I hear a whizzing noise right past my ear and then a clattering on the wall next to me! I look down, and there's a crossbow bolt on the path. Well, we all draw our weapons and start looking around. It's real dark, but I'm pretty sure I saw someone off the path a way heading off." The merchant looks nervous. "I'm pretty sure they had white hair."

One of the communal cooks is willing to talk as she hands out bowls of watery looking stew that doesn't smell at least half bad. The cook claims "hooded figures have been in town for several days asking about a sculpture of an eight-pointed star of a dark stone." She plops the bowl into one of your hands actually not splashing any of it out. "Odd folks they were. They also kept asking how to gain access to the vaults below." She hands out another bowl to the next person standing around. "Ever since they came through town, people have been nervous about going out at night, no one says nothin' about why, they just don't want to for some reason." She keeps handing out food to the next person in line. "Caught a glimpse of one of them. They're just damn creepy!" After a moment, he adds, "I think they had something to do with Kelgren Noc's murder. They were snooping around his place the day before."

A few kids are running about and are easy to get to talk for even just a few coppers. "We've been down the Halflight Path a bit, easy to help people come up caring their goods for a few silvers, helps mom feed all of us back home." The kids nods, "last week Kyle got caught by something, wrapped itself around his head till we knocked it off and ran out of there. Didn't get a good look at it, but it's still probably back there. We think we stunned it and got away."

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 6| HP 51/51 | AC 23, T 16, FF 17 | F +5, R +11, W +7 | Init +5 | Per +12

Should we know who Kelgren Noc is? I didn't see that name anywhere else in the thread.

Okay, well that doesn't really tell us more specifics on where these would-be-Freemen were taken. But uh.. we'll watch out for grabby head-wrappers and crossbow bolts I guess.

Maybe the Duskwardens will have a better sense of location.

The Exchange

N Male Human Psychic 4 Init +8 | HP 26/26 | AC23, touch 15, ff 21 | CMD 15 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +10
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Shield
Spell Slots:
1st: 2, 2nd: 5
Resources:
Pool 3|5; Physical Push 3|3

Kolok listens to the various stories, Fascinating...

Turning to Kaminari, Perhaps we should seek out these augurs first and see what they might be able to tell us before approaching the Duskardens? He pauses and looks around as if listening to something. Given how unusual they are I don't believe they will be difficult to find.

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps
Kaminari Raijan wrote:

Should we know who Kelgren Noc is? I didn't see that name anywhere else in the thread.

This is the first time he's mentioned, yes.

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 6| HP 51/51 | AC 23, T 16, FF 17 | F +5, R +11, W +7 | Init +5 | Per +12

I'm fine for either.

Grand Lodge

Female Human Monk (Zen Archer) 6 | HP: 45/45 | AC: 21 (25 Mage Armor) | T: 21 | FF: 18 (22) | CMD: 27| Fort: +7 | Ref: +8| Will: +12 | Init: +6 | Perc: +15 | Sense Motive: +13 | Ki: 9/11

"Whatever you think is wise!" Zyneste remains happy to let others decide their course of action.

The Exchange

NN female Aasimar Theologian 7
Spoiler:
|AC 20, T 10, FF 20|HP: 35/35|F +4, R +2, W +9|Init 0, Perc +4|CMB +5 CMD 15|Radiance 2/2, Sulunai 1/1, Channel 7/7, Fire Bolt 7/7

Nemesis shrugs. "Anva said the Augurs are expensive. Why not start with the Duskwardens, then consult the Augurs if what the former have to offer isn't good enough on its own? No doubt the Duskwardens would be even easier to locate, too - at least some of them."

The Exchange

N Male Human Psychic 4 Init +8 | HP 26/26 | AC23, touch 15, ff 21 | CMD 15 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +10
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Shield
Spell Slots:
1st: 2, 2nd: 5
Resources:
Pool 3|5; Physical Push 3|3

Kolok shrugs, as you wish, either way is fine.

Sovereign Court

Fangwood Keep Maps

As your paying for your guide Tun can easily lead you to both groups. After some twists turns and various walking through of the city, you come to an area where the walls are not in the best of repair. Buttressed platforms instead soar off the sides of the walls each holding a small collection of homes and businesses. There is a network of pulley-drawn elevators that provide transportation to the various levels.

The Guild-house of the Duskwardens is a squat and solid structure with the group's twisted-arch insignia in blue and gold hanging outside.

Diplomacy 13:

The mention that you are pathfinders and working with the city's leaders should be enough to gain entrance and talk to the Duskwardens.

The Exchange

N Male Human Psychic 4 Init +8 | HP 26/26 | AC23, touch 15, ff 21 | CMD 15 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +7 | Perception +14, Sense Motive +10
Buffs:
Mage Armour, Shield
Spell Slots:
1st: 2, 2nd: 5
Resources:
Pool 3|5; Physical Push 3|3

Kolok smiles disconcertingly at the doorman, almost as if he is not entirely sure what a smile is supposed to look like.

Greetings, we have been sent by the Pathfinders to help your Freemen. They suggested that you might be able to help sort out a recent disappearance. Is there someone we could speak to?

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Elf Magus 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 22, T 15, FF 17 | CMB +1 CMD 16 | F +5 R +8 W +5 | Init +8 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 6/6 | Active Conditions: None

"You decide!"

Grand Lodge

”Raynard Milton” | Male N Elf Magus 5 | HP 38/38 | AC 22, T 15, FF 17 | CMB +1 CMD 16 | F +5 R +8 W +5 | Init +8 | Perc +2 SM +0 | Speed 30ft | arcane pool 6/6 | Active Conditions: None

Ignore my previous post

Liberty's Edge

Male Tengu Vigilante 6| HP 51/51 | AC 23, T 16, FF 17 | F +5, R +11, W +7 | Init +5 | Per +12

We're sure there are lots of disappearances, your beat being what it is, but we're hoping you can help us narrow things down a bit.

1 to 50 of 282 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / OutPost I: Kyten's Beyond the Halflight Path (Standard) All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.