Of Kings and Commoners - Kingmaker AP

Game Master RPGGGM

With the heart of the Stolen Lands explored and the bandits who ruled there scattered, the long-contested realm finally lies open for pioneers and settlers to stake their claims.:
Amid the rush of opportunistic travelers, the PCs find themselves stewards over a new domain, tasked with the responsibility of guiding and guarding a fledgling nation struggling to grow upon a treacherous borderland. Yet the threats to this new nation quickly prove themselves greater than mere bandits and wild beasts, as the monstrous natives of the hills and forests rampage forth to slaughter all who have trespassed upon their territory. Can the PCs hold the land they’ve fought so hard to explore and tame? Or will their legend be just one more lost to the fangs of the Stolen Lands?

The NEW Charter! | NEW Avalon (test) | NEW Party Loot (test) | The Trading Post | Regional Map Folio | Tactical Map Folio


6,851 to 6,900 of 12,432 << first < prev | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | next > last >>

Tartuk runs ahead screaming. He slams into the iron portcullis barring his path, but keeps shouting: "EHMTUAS! EHMTUAS! DORMAGYN DOSST NAUTKHURZON WANRE!"

Undercommon:
"MASTERS! MASTERS! SAVE YOUR UNWORTHY SERVANT!"

All along the battlements (Not shown on the map, they are 30' up, crenelated and set with ballista) armored figures move about purposefully. Horns sound. They are answered by horns from the main fortress beyond.

The figures on the wall are difficult to make for their segmented concealing armor but look vaguely reptilian.

If you happen to be on slide 2 roll one knowledge check and open all the spoilers that apply.

Knowledge (dungeoneering or local) DC 13+:
These are troglodytes, primitive, savage reptilian humanoids that live deep in the earth. It seems that these troglodytes are much more organized than most groups and have access to a lot more metal armor and weapons! These things are ordinarily quite rare among the usually stone age troglodytes.

Knowledge (dungeoneering or local) DC 16+:
When agitated troglodytes can produce a foul musky-reptilian scent that sickens most non-troglodytes that encounter it.

A low rumble emanates from the massive gatehouse.

"Ehmtaus?"


He doesn't believe in 'game balance'. He belongs to a prestige class whose sole requirement for entry is being him. ♬ He is indeed, the most interesting GM in the world. ♬ | The Void | CORE Archives | Std Archives | Archive+

red Fort save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 saved

Round 17! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Illthir
still has rd 16 actions
__ Numalar
-14 hp pending save
__ Alia
__ Zokon
-25 hp pending save
__ Scarlet
-9 hp, definitely
__ Celyne
__ Luna
__ Mikmek
__ Nakpik

__ Tartuk -11 hp
__ kobold red -3 hp; black -13 hp, 8 nonlethal

Map updated

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

You know, I seem to have seen that a lot lately, where a critical threat is followed by a natural 1. :)

As the cart crashes into the others, Numalar goes flying into the air. But mid-way through the arc he seems to change into a golden statue of himself!

Going to cast draconic defense here to give myself DR 10/magic. I assume the damage I would take would be normal bludgeoning damage. I can't really afford to take even half damage here. 2 first-level spells left.

The statue clatters on the ground before reverting to Numalar's normal form.

"Zokon? Are you all right?"

Numalar gets up and runs around the banister in front of Nakpik.

Stand from prone and single move.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Scarlet lets the rage leave her as she sheathes her sword and looks for another cart.

If she finds one (and she has enough actions) she'll put the cart down and give it a push.

Str Check: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 7

Scarlet pauses mid push to take a breath. "Man, you squish one jelly and your arms feel like, well, jelly."


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Scarlet's cart is still usable, but she needs a moment to collect herself before trying to push it down the tracks.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

R16

Illthir steps from the cart to the crumbling edge of the bridge, utilizing the fact that her polehammer can reach over the gap.

To Hit: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

Damage?: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Now before I go on - are the kobolds actually still around? They are there on the map but ... they are kobolds so I'm almost sure they are KOed by now ... :P

Knowledge(local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

Knowledge(dungeoneering): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Assuming we get to try both!

Edit: Crit?

Confirm?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

Damage, if confirmed!: 2d12 + 8 ⇒ (11, 1) + 8 = 20

R17

"Troglodytes." Illthir spat out between the verses of her eerie chant. "Stinking."

They also seemed armoured, which they weren't really known for. Oh fate can sometimes be cruel! She really wished that the roles weren't reversed the day she suddenly found herself charging down a bridge across lava at some strange fort. Bugger.

If Kobolds gone Illthir will follow Alia across the bridge. If they are still there (very impressive if that's the case!) she'll hammer again

Maybehammer: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Maybehammerdmg: 1d12 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

ref save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Zokon takes more damage but he gets up with a groan... quite a bit faster as he realises how hot the ground it. He also takes a few steps from the drop.

Kn Dungeon: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

"Troglodytes with metal armour... that's not usual or good."

At this point Zokon is looking very rough like is having problems staying conscious


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Illthir Winlowe wrote:

R16

Illthir steps from the cart to the crumbling edge of the bridge, utilizing the fact that her polehammer can reach over the gap.

Now before I go on - are the kobolds actually still around? They are there on the map but ... they are kobolds so I'm almost sure they are KOed by now ... :P

Nope, they are wounded, but standing at this point.

Illthir Winlowe wrote:
Assuming we get to try both!

Nope, only one. Hence "one knowledge check".

Illthir Winlowe wrote:

R17

"Troglodytes." Illthir spat out between the verses of her eerie chant. "Stinking."

They also seemed armoured, which they weren't really known for. Oh fate can sometimes be cruel! She really wished that the roles weren't reversed the day she suddenly found herself charging down a bridge across lava at some strange fort. Bugger.

If Kobolds gone Illthir will follow Alia across the bridge. If they are still there (very impressive if that's the case!) she'll hammer again

Before we go too much further where is Illithir standing when this all happens. Would I be correct in assuming she is attacking red? I need to know these things because of:

PSRD wrote:

Cover

To determine whether your target has cover from your ranged attack, choose a corner of your square. If any line from this corner to any corner of the target’s square passes through a square or border that blocks line of effect or provides cover, or through a square occupied by a creature, the target has cover (+4 to AC).

When making a melee attack against an adjacent target, your target has cover if any line from any corner of your square to the target’s square goes through a wall (including a low wall). When making a melee attack against a target that isn’t adjacent to you (such as with a reach weapon), use the rules for determining cover from ranged attacks.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Ah yes the red one, since she is attacking across the (hopefully open) gap : )

Next attack also at red or the other one if red isn't around


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Re-Stab: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23 Piercing: 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4) + 5 = 11 nonlethal cold: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Not quite believing that the Kobolds are still standing, Alia assails the one in front of her again:"You...shall...not...hinder us from passing!"
Now if he is STILL standing after this, I'm voting we retreat. If a Kobold has double as many HP as me, I'm actually not keen on meeting his boss.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

R16
Illthir brings her hammer down in a feet off the ground, full-body, overhand swing. The fanatic attempts to parry, but the force of the blow causes the the stone beneath his feet give way and he is knocked through the bridge to the river of lava below.

R17
Reversing the course of the hammer Illithir sweeps it along the ground causing Alia to leap and pitching the second kobold over the edge.

The rumbling on the bridge grows. The sound of tortured metal can be heard over the roar of the pyroclastic flow, as the portcullis rise.

The doors open beyond and cadre of heavily armed and armored troglodytes can be seen emerging.

Above undepicted on the current maps, troglodyte crews man the wall-mounted ballista aiming them down toward the bridge.

knowledge (engineering) DC 13:
Some of the ballista (those being manned) are reminiscent of the extravagant crossbow that Meg the Snipe used in the Poacher's Paradise. (For those of you who do not remember or weren't there for it, Meg used a repeating crossbow). The cartridges seem to be much higher capacity, but not all that much wider, meaning their ammo can't be much bigger than the bolts used in a typical light crossbow.

Round 17! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Illthir
__ Numalar -14 hp pending save
__ Alia still's got actions
__ Zokon
-27 hp still has a standard if he wants it.
__ Scarlet -9 hp
__ Celyne
__ Luna
__ Mikmek
__ Nakpik

__ Tartuk -11 hp
__ troglodyte shock troopers

Map updated


Male Kobold (Blackscaled) Warrior 1 | 5 hp

Mikmek rushes to Alia's side whining and tugging at her arm. "*Whine* Qo'! Ha', Qo'!"

Draconic:
"No! Don't go!"


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Use studied target on a troglodyte manning the ballista


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Alia looks at the walls, at Tartuk far ahead, at the Ballistae.
Curses...this is suicide...not worth it.
As she looks to the back, she notes, with some surprise, that most of the others have made it here...if somewhat battered and hurt.
"We should perform a tactical tetreat!", she coldly states...she didn't like the idea of letting Tartuk get away, but assailing an underground fortress past a broken bridge over a river of lava that seemed, for whatever reason, to have fully staffed defenses and an unknown number of reinforcement within?...
One more chance..., Alia thinks as the Portcullis slowly began to rise, and she finds the Pearl of Power in her pouch and commands it to refresh one of her spells while slightly backing up.
Knowledge(Dungeoneering): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

Celyne calls Luna to her... not wanting to leave her out there as a lone target for the siege weapons.

handle animal: 1d20 + 8 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 4 = 32


The gates are all thrown open.

"Yes! YES!! Haha!" Screams Tartuk in triumph.

The cadre of armored figures emerge and encircle the violet kobold, turning his jubilation to agitation and then fear. The troglodytes close ranks on him.

"Huh? No! NO!!" Tartuk wails in terror.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Round 18! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Illthir
__ Numalar
-14 hp
__ Alia
__ Zokon
-27 hp
__ Scarlet
-9 hp
__ Celyne
__ Luna
__ Mikmek
__ Nakpik

__ Tartuk -11 hp
__ troglodyte shock troopers

Map updated


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Str Check: 1d20 + 3 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 3 + 1 - 1 = 14
Scarlet tries to push her cart again...


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

Celyne waits for zokon to catch up and casts cure light wounds on him.

clw zokon: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon sighs in relief as Celynes healing magic relieves his body from the discomfort of alot of his injuries

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Zokon will switch the studied target to Tartuk and fire a single hopefully sneaky attack on him

Longbow shot stealthy like+st: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

Longbow shot stealthy like+st: 1d8 + 4 + 3 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 3 + (6) = 14 ignore the +3 and +1d6 damage if not sneaky


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

At the call for a tactical retreat Illthir stopped her chanting, letting her take in the absurdity of the scene fully. So. she glanced at the battlements and then back at the crowd by the portcullis. why is there a castle down here? And why does it have a lava-moat that I almost tried to cross? By now she was fully questioning her choices the last hour or so - maybe she was just dreaming and was actually still in that small uncomfortable cell?

"Something's up with the troglodytes." she noted, deciding to focus on what the current situation instead of far-flung theories. "Maybe we could just ask them to have Tartuk? They don't look too happy with him!" she mumbled to her new companions as she pulled back a bit, finding something solid to hide behind. That balista didn't look too friendly! She retrieved her smokestick just to have it handy if they decide to start shooting.

Know(engineering): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 Trying to read the trog-kobold situation up ahead!

Actions: Stop singing (9/10 rounds spent!). Try some knowledge checks. Move to head to cover. And then pull out smokestick


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Zokon Santyev wrote:

Zokon sighs in relief as Celynes healing magic relieves his body from the discomfort of alot of his injuries

Zokon will switch the studied target to Tartuk and fire a single hopefully sneaky attack on him

I'm going to add 'long range', and 'cover' to the list of modifiers. I'm also moving Zokon 5-feet south so he cans see around the bridge's banister pillar and use it for cover.

The arrow glances off an armored troglodyte.

The ballisti open up! A pair of crossing streams of wickedly sharp barbs kick up dust and stone chips in long lines along the party's end of the bridge!

Left ballista v Luna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

Left ballista v Celyne: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6 hit

Left ballista v Nakpik: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1 hit

Left ballista v Zokon (cover): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Right ballista v Numlar: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3 hit

Right ballista v Nakpik: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Right ballista v Celyne: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

Right ballista v Luna: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 7

Right ballista v Illithir (cover): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1 hit

Celyne, Numalar, Illithir - Fort save v poison (DC 13); failure?:
Unconscious for 10 rounds.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |
Illthir Winlowe wrote:

Trying to read the trog-kobold situation up ahead!

Actions: Stop singing (9/10 rounds spent!). Try some knowledge checks. Move to head to cover. And then pull out smokestick

Illithir:
It's hard to read the troglodytes at this distance in their strange segmented wood-lousey spiked helms and armor, but you get the feeling that while they know Tartuk down here he is not particularly welcome.

Meanwhile while relieved to be away from the party, and not at all sad over any of his minion's loses, Tartuk isn't thrilled by his welcoming committee--in fact he seems terrified.

While leaning out to look, Illithir shoulder is scored by a barbed dart from the ballisti above.


Fortitude save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 **THUD!**

Nakpik falls to the ground as if struck dead by one of the glancing barbs.


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

fort save dc 13: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Celyne collapses to the ground in a dead faint.

Luna walks over to her, licks her face and lays down next to her protectively


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Fort: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

"Ow!" Illthir quickly dives down behind her cover and assesses the damage. Just a little prick - it seems that it was mostly her pride that was hurt. This time! To discourage a second time she lights the smokestick, covering the area in a line of sight blocking smoke.

"Let's not do that again!" she mutters and stands up under the cover of the smoke and yells. [bigger]"Hey! We just want that dumb kobold! Would you kindly hand him back over please?!"[/smaller]

Maybe it would work. With a bit of luck they might even understand what she was saying!


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

Alia incants her spell again...third time is the charm.

3 of the Troglodytes next to Tartuk(the ones closest to him(or past him - so they can't see his lips not moving) as she can make it out - L-shaped thingie on map to mark possible 3), Will Save DC14:
(In the language Tartuk used previously, he speaks again) :"Took you long enough, hurry up, you worthless stinky savages! Go, pursue them, you useless imbeciles!"

Then Alia turns around and retreats through the smoke screen, pushing Mikmek forward as well.


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon whistles casually as if it wasn't him and then drags anyone who has fallen asleep back through the covering smoke.

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

Don't think I can afford to be at 1 HP and unconscious. Using draconic defense again. 1 spell left.

With a word, Numalar suddenly appears to turn to solid gold. With a clang! the bolt glances off his body. Then he returns to normal, though the golden tint of his skin seems even more noticeable now.

"By Macrathane's Diseased Left Armpit! He's getting away!"

Numalar takes a parting shot with his crossbow. ut the bolt glances off the rocks and falls into the lava below.

leetle crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d6 ⇒ 1

Numalar then retreats behind the column of smoke that is forming around Illthir.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Mikmek drags Nakpik to cover.

will save teal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
will save lt blue: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
will save pink: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Barbed flechette fire tears up the area around the party kicking up chunks of earth and stone.

Left ballista v Zokon (cover): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 5

50% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 67 Left ballista v Alia (concealment, cover): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

50% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 7 Left ballista v Illithir (concealment, cover): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 4

50% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 15 Right ballista v Illithir (concealment, cover): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 1

50% miss chance: 1d100 ⇒ 5 Right ballista v Alia (concealment, cover): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 3

Right ballista v Zokon (cover): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2

Four of the troglodytes drag Tartuk away while two others advance upon the party!

Round 19! (Theme ♬)
The Bold May Act!
_________________
__ Illthir
-1 hp
__ Numalar
-14 hp
__ Alia
__ Zokon
-17 hp
__ Scarlet
-9 hp
__ Celyne -6 hp, unconscious rd 1
__ Luna
__ Mikmek

__ Nakpik -3 hp, unconscious rd 2
__ Tartuk -11 hp
__ troglodyte shock troopers

Map updated


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

Str Check: 1d20 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 3 + 1 = 21

Scarlet sees the end of the track and hits the brakes!


Skills:
Perc:+10|Stealth:+12|Acro+10|Climb/Swim +7|SM+9|Sur+9|Heal+5|KN Dun/Lo +5|Bluff/Diplo/Intim+4|Ride+8||Disguise+6|UMD+2|BGS:Craft:Bow+5|KN Geography +5|Kn Nob +10| Kn Hist +2| Appraise +2| Lore:Kobold +5: Ling:Draconic|Ha +4
HP:50/51|AC:19|T:14|FF:15|CMB:+8|CMD:22|Fort:+8|Ref:+7|Will:+3|Init:+4 | Slayer 3 Fighter WM 2

Zokon keeps dragging say Celyne out of the way until they can't be hit and if he still has time uses studied target on an advancing trog


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

Illthir withdraws toward something that hopefully is an defensive position!

Double move back out of the map, leaving the Smokestick behind.

Haven't moved her icon though, unsure where I should put it!


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

I should just forget about that spell..., Alia ponders when she watches the Troglodytes react amiably to the perceived insults.
"It seems he has quite a measure of respect and power with them. I wonder what plan he had that made him stay with the Kobold Tribe rather than with his servants here...", Alia speaks out loud, grabbing Napkips leg and dragging him away backwards."If those two keep pursuing, we could try and take them prisoner, see if we can learn more. This is no casual operation..."
Alia will attempt to make it to Scarlets car and drop Nakpik inside...even if the carts are not self-propelled and bidirectional, it should be easier to push a cart than drag unconscious people along.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Sorry, I read the hallucination as Alia trying to peel away some defenders to give Zokon a clearer shot at the kobold. Tartuk is already screaming at them so don't know that they are going to react much differently.

Anywhoo....

The party retreats back up to Scarlet's just parked cart. Alia dragging Nakpik by the ankles up the tracks. *nok nok nok nok nok nok nok nok* Luna pads along beside her stricken companion.

dice:
Alia's Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Illthir's Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Numalar's Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26
Scarlet's Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Zokon's Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Illithir, Numalar:
Standing in the shadows of the great cavern on an outcrop of rock being hammered by the lava flow you see the silhouette of a humanoid female figure briefly illuminated by a strobing pulse of eldritch light emanating from her palm.

The party retreats back up the winding cart path, without incident or sign of pursuit. Finally they are escorted back to the hall of the Chief Sootscale.

Nakpik Fort save v Poison: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21

Nakpik comes back around after about a minute with a terrific headache.

Celyne - A minute after you were initially poisoned you are forced to make another fort save v poison (DC 13); success means she comes around; failure means:
Celyne remains unconscious for 2d4 ⇒ (2, 3) = 5 hours.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

No worries, as said, I think I'm not very good at that. I figured he came here as a supplicant, and would get in trouble for insulting those he wants to rescue him. I didn't expect them to turn on him or refuse him aid, but maybe handle him roughly and/or draw attention to him, away from us. It's all good.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Alas, the troglodytes are as low down the totem pole as Tartuk is in this place.


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Huh? Did I miss the fighting already?" Mega Scarlet hops out of the cart as it comes to a stop and the party approaches.

"Bah! I always miss the good stuff." She looks at Alia and suddenly has a flash of realization. "I mean, uh, how's my favorite charge doing? I was uh, guarding your back to make sure Tartuk's cronies don't pursue."

Bluff: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Mega Scarlet totally remembered her duties as a bodyguard. Totally.

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

"Blast! Bloody Stinkers!" Numalar curses as the group withdraws.

"I don't think the troglodytes were really friendly with Tartuk. It seemed like they were taking him prisoner, rather than coming to his aid. Though they didn't exactly welcome us as allies in the face of a common enemy. I'm guessing that Tartuk thought they would give him sanctuary, but the relationship has changed somehow."

"Did anyone else see that figure standing on that outcrop? Like a humanoid woman, but with great big horns. Dark skin. She had a polearm and a magical light of some kind. Definitely not a troglodyte or kobold."

I have no ranks in knowledge (local) so I assume I couldn't identify her.

"Besieging an underground fortress is even harder than taking an above ground one. The question is, do we bother? It seems like he is out of the hair of the Sootscale tribe. I imagine the chief can deal with any of Tartuk's followers that remained behind."

Numalar turns and translates for the benefit of Mikmek and Nakpik.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |

"No, I'm pretty sure it was a honor escort they gave him. That spell I cast? I made some of the Troglodytes think he insulted them and gave them orders to pursue. They did, unquestioningly.", Alia responds.
He may be as low down as the trogs, but Alia did not know that before, and is quite convinced if they are following his (insulting) orders, they are his lackeys...wether there's a bigger boss on top or not.

Turning to Scarlet, Alia manages a smile:"We were doing great...I'm glad you are fine, too. You hair seems greasy...did you play with the Jello?"
Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 10


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"Guess he figured better captured then skewered. Maybe he's holding out for some heroes to rescue him too?" Illthir chuckled. The thought of the source of all her unpleasantness lately stuck in some dirty old cell was quite invigorating. Oh how the tables have turned!

But all was not well. In fact, one thing was quite the opposite. "Mm I noticed her too. Though I don't think those were horns, probably just some extravagant hairstyle. And sadly I think I know who favours those, underground fortresses, spiky polearms and disposable minions. Who have black skin, red eyes and pointy ears ..."

The half-elf shot the full-blood a quick glance. Maybe with some coal and lots and lots of hair jelly?

Know(Local): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (19) + 6 = 25

I'm sorta assuming that Illthir can figure out what sort of creature that is. If not then I guess it's something weird enough that being wrong is justified :P

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame
Alia of the Blade wrote:
"No, I'm pretty sure it was a honor escort they gave him. That spell I cast? I made some of the Troglodytes think he insulted them and gave them orders to pursue. They did, unquestioningly."

"Hmmm... perhaps. But he was already screaming 'NO' before you cast your spell. He was clearly in fear of the troglodytes prior to that."

The description of Tartuk's reaction seemed pretty clear. And I assume he was speaking common for that one. Didn't even need a sense motive check to tell he was in terror of the trogs. That was 1 round and 11 posts before you cast your spell. So I don't think your spell was what made them mad at him.


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

surgery went well... is,celyne conscious yet?


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Good to hear. You can make the roll above, or I can make it later when I post this section's wrap party.


I'm going for 'fierce' here people--fierce! | The Trading Post | Tactical Map | Region |

Illithir knows what the woman was and Numalar might recognize the name when given, though it will probably seem as fanciful as "face-eaters", "slime hounds" and "sky herring".


hp 27/27; AC 18/ff13/t15; F 2, R 6, W 6, bab 3 melee 3, missile 4, cmb 3, cmd 14, init +1; moonbeam 5/5; wclw 8 | half-elf oracle/4
skills:
acro 5, bluff 5, craft leather 6, craft alch 7, diplo 16, handle animal 9, heal 6, intim 5, kn nature 6, ling 5, perc 11, perf sing 7, prof seamstress 7, sm 9, splcrft 8, surv 8

ooh, didn't see that

fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22


| Bloodrage 12/12 | Fire Strikes 3/3 | HP 43/43 | AC 18 T 14 F 14(Uncanny Dodge) | CMD 19 | Saves 6/4/0 (+1 Will vs Mind Affecting) | Init 3 | Perception 3 | 4 Female Ifrit Bloodrager (elemental, fire) | Spells 2 |

"Uh, so we won, right? Not that I didn't mind the trip, but I guess we're done here?" Scarlet flicks a wad of jello from her hair.

Sovereign Court

Gnome Sorcerer 4 | AC: 15, TAC: 13, FAC: 13, CMD: 11 | HP 7/23 | Fort +2, Ref +3, Will +6 | Init +5 | Perception +9, Sense Motive +2, Darkvision 60' |
Resources:
Spell Slots available: 1st: 5/8 2nd: 3/4 Claws: 8/8 rounds left SLAs: Dancing Lights, Prestidigitation, Flare, Produce Flame

Ah, yes... the dreaded Sky-Herring. Only seven are believed to ever have existed. The great Shindorlai slew one once, long long ago.


Status: | Hp 35/35 | AC 18/12/16 [17/11/15] | Uncanny Dodge | Fort +7 Ref +4 Will +6 [+8/+4/+8]; +4 vs non-lethal cold, sonic, bard or language dependent | CMD 18 | Init +8 | Per +11; low-light vision | Sense Motive +15 |
Inspired Rage:
+2 Str/Con, +2 Will, -1 AC, rage limitations; lesser Spirit Totem: +7 1d4+4 negative energy

"...Drow." Ilthir grimaces and spits out the word.


Arcane Pool 2/4 | HP: 25/36 HP | AC: 17 / T: 13 / FF: 14 | Fort: +5, Ref: +4, Will: +4 | M. Touch: +6, R. Touch: +6 | CMB: +6, CMD: 19 | Init: +3, Perception: +9 |
Numalar Auritonius wrote:
The description of Tartuk's reaction seemed pretty clear. And I assume he was speaking common for that one. Didn't even need a sense motive check to tell he was in terror of the trogs. That was 1 round and 11 posts before you cast your spell. So I don't think your spell was what made them mad at him.

Honestly, I took that to be more of a flavor thing than actual player information. Me and Illthir were busy whacking his two bodyguards, while repeating ballistae were being readied, I don't think Alia really had time to interpret the exact reason of a 'NO' 150 feet away, facing the other direction - so I disregarded that. I know the spell was later, and supposed to make the Trogs focus on him, rather than us, and make them handle him more roughly, maybe drop their friendlyness-level temporarily if they don't believe him he didn't insult them...that said, I had to recharge it before, so I already had that plan before they seemingly told him something unpleasant.

"Hm, that 'No' could have had a lot of reasons. You think he was in Fear? Then why would he come here?", Alia ponders...when she suddenly freezes up as Illthir drops the D-Bomb.
"What...what did you just say?" Reflexively drawing her Estoc, she stares at the Mine Entrance..."You mean to tell me...no!"
Clearly, Alia seems - displeased - at the possibility of Drow involvement.

6,851 to 6,900 of 12,432 << first < prev | 133 | 134 | 135 | 136 | 137 | 138 | 139 | 140 | 141 | 142 | 143 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Into the Stolen Lands All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.