Luke's Crimson Throne Campaign

Game Master GM Crimson

The campaign site is here.

The current Battlemap is here.


6,701 to 6,746 of 6,746 << first < prev | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | next > last >>

HP 92, +13 CMB, CMD 26, +2 Init, +9 Perception, AC 20/13T/17FF (-2 when raging), +10 Fort, +6 Ref, +3/+5 Will Human barbarian 8

Quick stats:

HP 92/92
AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (-2 to all when raging), DR 4/-, 2 cold resistance
Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 Will when raging) [Defiant luck]
CMD 24 (26 vs. grapple)
Rage: 0/24; Harrow points: 2/3; Auspicious Mark (1d6+1) 0/1; Defiant Luck: 0/1
Effects:

Nebbin moves to cut off the sewer dwellers' path to his friends, massive blade swinging in a brutal arc that bisects the monster. Move probably provoke.

Mwk greatsword, power attack, vital strike: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 15 - 2 = 31
Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (2, 1, 3, 2) + 13 = 21
Crit?: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 15 - 2 = 21
Damage: 2d6 + 13 ⇒ (1, 6) + 13 = 20

I think that may have just killed it with one shot.


Male Human Transmuter 8 (HP: 58/58) | Init: +8 | AC: 14 (18 w/Mage Armor) T: 14, FF: 11 (15 w/Mage Armor) | Perception +9 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +8 | CMB: 3| CMD: 17 Active conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility

Seeing danger present itself, Andrezi focuses his mind. He channels a momentary perfection of his body, then rapidly casts one of his more powerful summoning magic. Fort save vs DC 19: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 4 + 2 = 17

The spell is taxing though, rendering the wizard fatigued. Still, he completes the spell... And a large grizzly bear appears beside Nebbin! (blue circle on the map)

The ursine creature wastes no time attacking the otyugh.
Claw 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (9) + 7 = 16
Damage (S): 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Claw 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage (S): 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage (B/P): 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


Roll20 Battle Map

ENDRIN ISLE: Salvator Scream's House (19 Desnus)

Emi scurries away from the ambush, shaking some slobber off her arm while studying the otyughs so she can unleash her falchion upon them if either pursues. Andrezi summons a mighty grizzly bear. It barely misses its target with its first claw strike but connects solidly with its second claw and bite. Then Nebbin steps up, dodges a swiping tentacle, and nearly cleaves the monster in half, showing up the grizzly in the process. The dead otyugh staggers off to the side, collapses, and starts to slide slowly toward the sinkhole's edge.

Strangely, neither Firinne nor Miakoda joins the fray. Only Andrezi can see why: they've moved to intercept and warn off a human couple and their three children moving up the street from the opposite direction, unaware of the nearby peril. Firinne and Miakoda begin to escort the family past the battle, guarding against seeing the small kids become Children McNuggets for the rampaging otyughs.

One otyugh chases slowly after Emileva, but it's too slow to catch the nimble slayer. It gives a mournful grunt of frustration. The final mucky monster's eyestalk tentacle refocuses on Nebbin and Andrezi's summoned grizzly. Apparently it missed what Nebbin did to its companion with his greatsword, because it shies away from the larger bear and swipes--successfully, to a point--at the human warrior, but is unable to grab him. (2 bludgeoning damage after DR/4)

ALL PCs are up for Rounds 2 & 3. FIRINNE and MIAKODA can rejoin the combat if their players are around and able to post.

Full Initiative Order and Conditions Tracker:

INITIATIVE ORDER/CONDITIONS: Rounds 2 & 3 (Bolded may act/post)
Last Positive Energy Channel: n/a (-- hps total); Last Cure Spell: Kayleigh on Party
=====================================================================
Miakoda (60/60)
Otyughs
--- Otyugh #1 (undamaged)
--- Otyugh #2 (undamaged)
--- Otyugh #3 (dead)
Emileva (71/83; ST Otyugh #2)
--- Summoned Grizzly Bear (52/52)
Andrezi (58/58)
Firinne (53/53)
Nebbin (9/92)

Secret GM Rolls:

Otyugh #3 tentacle #1 (AoO): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17 for bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 (plus grab)

Otyugh #2 tentacle #1: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 for bludgeoning damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 (plus grab)
Otyugh CM grab/grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17 for condition: grappled


Portrait l CG fm amarrun Evangelist8 [Desna] l 60/60hp l AC20, T14, FF16 l F +9, R +8, W +13, Ini + l Perc +17 SM +17

I'm here! post incoming


HP 92, +13 CMB, CMD 26, +2 Init, +9 Perception, AC 20/13T/17FF (-2 when raging), +10 Fort, +6 Ref, +3/+5 Will Human barbarian 8

I appreciate the quick post, GM!

Quick stats:

HP 90/92
AC 20, touch 13, flat-footed 17 (-2 to all when raging), DR 4/-, 2 cold resistance
Fort +10, Ref +6, Will +3 (+2 Will when raging) [Defiant luck]
CMD 24 (26 vs. grapple)
Rage: 0/24; Harrow points: 2/3; Auspicious Mark (1d6+1) 0/1; Defiant Luck: 0/1
Effects:

Nebbin barely notices the tentacle blow as he dodges forward toward the next sewer creature. He swings his blade in another wide arc as he gets to his target, aiming for its central mass.

Acrobatics (+5 to high or long jumps) to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27
+1 keen greatsword, power attack, vital strike: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (6) + 15 - 2 = 19
Damage: 4d6 + 13 ⇒ (3, 6, 5, 6) + 13 = 33


Female Human Slayer (Vanguard) 8 | HP: 34/83 | AC: 23 (T: 13, F: 20) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +10 | Speed 20'

As the otyugh who stayed on her tail comes toward her, Emi steps forward to meet it. She hacks at the large beast, but her falchion only penetrates its hide once.

Attack #1: 1d20 + 12 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (17) + 12 + 2 - 3 = 28

Damage: 2d4 + 6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (2, 1) + 6 + 9 + 2 = 20

Attack #2 1d20 + 7 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 - 3 = 13

Damage: 2d4 + 6 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 6 + 9 + 2 = 24

5' step and full attack with studied target and power attack.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Human Slayer (Vanguard) 8 | HP: 34/83 | AC: 23 (T: 13, F: 20) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +10 | Speed 20'

@Nebbin: Took me a while to notice, but we're +8 BAB now so our Power Attack adjustments are -3 and +6 now.


Male Human Transmuter 8 (HP: 58/58) | Init: +8 | AC: 14 (18 w/Mage Armor) T: 14, FF: 11 (15 w/Mage Armor) | Perception +9 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +8 | CMB: 3| CMD: 17 Active conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility

The bear roars, chasing down the nearby otyugh fighting with Nebbin. It swipes at it with a paw.
Claw vs Otyugh: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Damage (S): 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

It then goes to grab hold of otyugh.
Grapple: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 32

Andrezi draws his sword and readies to strike anything that gets close to him.


Portrait l CG fm amarrun Evangelist8 [Desna] l 60/60hp l AC20, T14, FF16 l F +9, R +8, W +13, Ini + l Perc +17 SM +17

With the civilians steered away from the violence, Miakoda turns and sprints towards where Emi is fighting alone. Extendeding a hand towards the bizarre, smelly creature she invokes the ancient might of her goddess, whispering to its bones and commanding them to break and crumble.

Casting Boneshaker, Fort18 for half damage
Boneshaker: 5d6 ⇒ (6, 6, 5, 4, 6) = 27


Roll20 Battle Map

ENDRIN ISLE: Salvator Scream's House (19 Desnus)

While Firinne continues to help the wrong-place-wrong-time family skirt the battle, Andrezi's summoned grizzly bear and Nebbin team up to cut down a second otyugh. Meanwhile, Emi's falchion causes a deep gash in the last otyugh's side before Miakoda's spell sends it yowling and mewling to the ground, a quivering mass taking its final breaths before falling silent.

A quick subsequent circling of the artist's home reveals a handful of windows in the sides of the one-story structure, all intact but unwashed in months, maybe years. Peering through them, it appears the house's interior is about as well-maintained as the filthy, streaked windows--in other words, an utter mess. The two windows closest to the southwest corner, however, are tightly shuttered, preventing anyone from peering inside.

Combat is over. A bit of the house's interior is revealed on the Roll20 map.

Secret GM Rolls:

Otyugh #2 Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13


Female Human Slayer (Vanguard) 8 | HP: 34/83 | AC: 23 (T: 13, F: 20) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +10 | Speed 20'

Emi gives Miakoda a nod of thanks for her assistance with the otyugh, then goes back to recon on the house. Since all the noise just made should have aroused some curiosity if anyone were inside, she's less careful and quicker about things this time. She checks each window in turn to see what she can see, and looks for one that might be prised open easily. If none of them seem like they can be opened, she'll check the door last.

Rounding the corner and seeing the bear is a shocker, but Nebbin and the bear seem to be buddies so she doesn't ask questions. Everything is weird now anyway and she feels tired.

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Disable Device (if needed): 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Portrait l CG fm amarrun Evangelist8 [Desna] l 60/60hp l AC20, T14, FF16 l F +9, R +8, W +13, Ini + l Perc +17 SM +17
Emileva wrote:
Everything is weird now anyway and she feels tired.

Mood


Roll20 Battle Map

ENDRIN ISLE: Salvator Scream's House (19 Desnus)

Emi's reconnaissance reveals that the windows are all locked; to her surprise (perhaps), the front door is unlocked. There are no traps, and when Emi pushes the door open, you all behold....

This entryway is empty save for a barren set of shelves to the south and a pair of ragged boots sitting on the floor nearby. A smell lingers in the air, that of must and mildew. A plethora of once-muddy, now dried dirt boot prints leads to a second door directly across from the entrance. It appears that Salvator entertained several guests sometime in the last week...perhaps uninvited guests.


Female Human Slayer (Vanguard) 8 | HP: 34/83 | AC: 23 (T: 13, F: 20) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +10 | Speed 20'

Emi motions for the others to wait at the door. She sneaks inside the place, going directly to the door on the far wall. She listens at it, and if she hears nothing, tests the handle to see if it's locked.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (10) + 13 = 23

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


Roll20 Battle Map

ENDRIN ISLE: Salvator Scream's House (19 Desnus)

Emi sneaks across the hallway, listens at the door, and--hearing nothing--twists the doorknob and pushes the unlocked door open, revealing....

A single bed, the blankets and pillows atop it scattered and in disarray, sits to the south in this room. More muddy boot prints mar the wooden floor here and a splash of dried blood stains one pillow.

Some more of the Roll20 map of the house has been uncovered.

Survival Check DC 20:

The muddy boot prints lead up to the bed and it seems that someone was likely abducted as they slept. The dried mud has a few marks that indicate that someone was dragged back out of the bedroom.


Female Human Slayer (Vanguard) 8 | HP: 34/83 | AC: 23 (T: 13, F: 20) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +10 | Speed 20'

Oops, I misunderstood the map a bit. But no big deal.

Survival: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Emi takes in the situation in the room then moves down to the door at the end of the hall, repeating her process as before.

Stealth: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Roll20 Battle Map

ENDRIN ISLE: Salvator Scream's House (19 Desnus)

Emi creeps down the hall and checks the door at its end, noticing a slight bit of dirt in this passage as well, though far less than in the previous two rooms. As she pauses outside the door, she sees no signs of any sort of trap here. She does, however, hear the faintest jangle of metal beyond the door. The doorknob turns and the door opens quietly, revealing....

Both of this room’s windows are tightly shuttered, yet the air inside seems strangely fresh and scented, no doubt because of the six large candles that burn within. Each candle has been affixed by a glob of melted wax to the crown of a gleaming, polished skull, and each of these impromptu and grisly candleholders has been placed atop an otherwise clear desk to the west, arrayed in a gentle arc. A chair sits before the desk, and a careful stack of papers and scrolls sits inside the arc of skulls. To the south stands a nearly empty cabinet, its shelves barren save for a few paintbrushes and a cracked pottery urn.

Of more immediate attention, however, is the smiling female elf standing next to the hovel's back door. She has quite a few visible facial piercings: several studs just above her eyebrows and multiple dangling earrings decorate each elongated ear. Her polished chainmail armor has multiple spikes attached to it, as does her apparent weapon of choice: a wicked spiked chain she holds with both hands. Emi and Nebbin--both trained warriors themselves--realize the elf holds her weapon fairly close to each end: all the better to use it in up-close fighting.

Yet she doesn't seem the least bit inclined to fight. Instead, the happy elf beams at Emileva and congratulates her.

"Impressive! Very quiet--I never heard you coming!" After a slight pause, she rolls her eyes toward where your group battled the otyughs. "Except for that commotion, of course. What did you piss off back there?"

Knowledge (religion) DC 12:

In addition to her spiked chain and armor, the woman wears a silver unholy symbol of the evil god Zon-Kuthon, lord of envy, pain, darkness, and loss. Though his servants and worshipers can be found throughout Golarion, the largest concentration of them nearby is the infamous realm of Nidal, location to the south, beyond the Mindspin Mountains.

Secret GM Rolls:

Perception Check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


Male Human Transmuter 8 (HP: 58/58) | Init: +8 | AC: 14 (18 w/Mage Armor) T: 14, FF: 11 (15 w/Mage Armor) | Perception +9 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +8 | CMB: 3| CMD: 17 Active conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility

Religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Somewhat disarmed by the situation, Andrezi blurts out an answer. "Otyughs."


Roll20 Battle Map

ENDRIN ISLE: Salvator Scream's House (19 Desnus)

"Ah yes--this city's charming subterranean sanitation department," the elf woman drawls with a hint of a smirk tugging at the edge of her ever-present smile. "A brutish but efficient way to deal with the city's flow of refuse, and a brutal and deadly danger to be reckoned with when they run loose in the streets." She looks Andrezi up and down, her grin widening and even becoming playful. "I'm guessing you're not Salvator Scream, correct?" Not waiting for an answer, the elf's gaze turns to the rest of the group, an eyebrow arching when she sees Nebbin. "Or you either; too big for an artist, and too happy-looking to be the one I seek."

After a moment's thought, she adds, "And I get the feeling you're not in league with the new emperor--too clean, too well-groomed, too well-equipped...and not a single one of you has sneered at me yet! Why must they always sneer?"

"Perhaps we have common ground here. Come in, come in! Tell me--why do you seek Salvator Scream?"


Male Human Transmuter 8 (HP: 58/58) | Init: +8 | AC: 14 (18 w/Mage Armor) T: 14, FF: 11 (15 w/Mage Armor) | Perception +9 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +8 | CMB: 3| CMD: 17 Active conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility

Unsure about the elf, Andrezi takes a moment to study her to gleam intentions.
Sense Motive: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

He shrugs, then steps inside as invited. "Honestly, we're just hoping he can help us find a friend of ours. Their place was set on fire, assassins showed up at their doorstep and... well, I'm worried he might be in trouble."

"What do you want with Salvatore? I don't get a sense that his art is what you're after either."
Diplomacy, if needed: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (7) + 12 = 19


Roll20 Battle Map

ENDRIN ISLE: Salvator Scream's House (19 Desnus)

Andrezi or Sense Motive DC...2!!:

Wow...! This strange elf woman is as easy to read as a children's book. She seems interested in meeting and speaking with your group, her pleasantness seems wholly genuine, and you sense she means you no harm. She's obviously not told you everything about herself or her motives yet.

Andrezi Mardu wrote:


"What do you want with Salvatore? I don't get a sense that his art is what you're after either."]"What do you want with Salvatore? I don't get a sense that his art is what you're after either."

The kooky elf lady claps her hands and laughs with genuine delight at Andrezi's question. "Looks can be deceiving!" she gently chides the mage with the wag of a finger and a wink of one eye. "Actually, his art is one of the reasons I seek him. Ah, where are my manors? My name is Laori, and I visit this fair city from Nidal to the south. Mr. Scream's artistic vision is much appreciated and sought-after by many wealthy Nidalese, several of whom are followers of Zon-Kuthon, like me. I wish to ask if Salvator does commissions for artwork with a more implicit religious tone. Implicit yet explicit at the same time, one might say."

Secret GM Rolls:

Weirdo Elf Bluff Check: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2


HP 92, +13 CMB, CMD 26, +2 Init, +9 Perception, AC 20/13T/17FF (-2 when raging), +10 Fort, +6 Ref, +3/+5 Will Human barbarian 8

Nebbin winces as he sees the elf: "Ouch! Doesn't that hurt..."

"If you're looking to hire him, why do you have your weapons out?" Nebbin asks.


Roll20 Battle Map

ENDRIN ISLE: Salvator Scream's House (19 Desnus)

Nebbin Elsbet wrote:

Nebbin winces as he sees the elf: "Ouch! Doesn't that hurt..."

"If you're looking to hire him, why do you have your weapons out?" Nebbin asks.

"Nah--not really," the smiling elf replies to Nebbin. At his second question, though, her smile leaves her face for the first time since you met her. She seems puzzled as she tries to formulate an answer. "Because...um, I forgot to buy a sheathe for it? Because it doesn't fit in my pocket, maybe? Because my armor doesn't have pockets?" She ponders Nebbin's unintentionally excellent question a bit more before adding, "I know! Let's go with 'Because there are a lot of dangerous people walking the streets of Old Korvosa these days.'" Her grin returns instantly.

Actually, how/where does one store a spiked chain when it's not in use? That thought has never crossed my mind before.


Roll20 Battle Map

ENDRIN ISLE: Salvator Scream's House (19 Desnus)

As more people leak into the room to join her, Laori finally gets a look at Miakoda. "KITTY!!" she squeals in absolute delight. Realizing she's committed a faux pas, the strange elf immediately cups both hands over her mouth, accidentally raking her own face with the spikes of her chain, drawing rivulets of blood. She ignores the blood flow and resumes grinning. As she picks a thorny barb out of her right cheek, she ruefully admits, "Didn't think that last bit through, on multiple levels," before turning to Miakoda and adding, Sorry."

As she pulls the wayward spike out of her face, Laori mutters to herself, "A humanoid cat person! Would I pet her or torture her? Both? So conflicted...."

Pulling her eyes reluctantly off Miakoda, she again flashes her oversized grin. This time, her teeth are stained with the crimson of her own blood. "So...what do you all want with this apparently popular artist? Her eyes again widen as a delightful thought strikes her. "Maybe we could work together to find him!"


Portrait l CG fm amarrun Evangelist8 [Desna] l 60/60hp l AC20, T14, FF16 l F +9, R +8, W +13, Ini + l Perc +17 SM +17

Unamused by the elf's antics, Miakoda stares at her with undisguised hostility. "Our business with Salvatore is our own, Kuthite. What help would you even be?"


Roll20 Battle Map

ENDRIN ISLE: Salvator Scream's House (19 Desnus)

"Well, for starters I thought maybe we could share what we know about Salvator, guess at his kidnappers, and perhaps join forces to rescue him," Laori replies evenly, still smiling though some of the manic joy seems to have receded from her eyes as she looks at and answers Miakoda. "I have some skill in combat with this spiked chain I carry, and I'm also an accomplished spellcaster--a dual threat, some might say."

"Plus, I'm a team player and bring joy and happiness to whatever group I may be part of."


Male Human Transmuter 8 (HP: 58/58) | Init: +8 | AC: 14 (18 w/Mage Armor) T: 14, FF: 11 (15 w/Mage Armor) | Perception +9 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +8 | CMB: 3| CMD: 17 Active conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility

"I can assure you that the only thing we want from Salvatore is information. And if you can help us find him, great. We can both win then."

Andrezi understands what they're dealing with, but at this point is more concerned about finding his friend at whatever cost.


2 people marked this as a favorite.
Portrait l CG fm amarrun Evangelist8 [Desna] l 60/60hp l AC20, T14, FF16 l F +9, R +8, W +13, Ini + l Perc +17 SM +17

"Sure, why not. She'll probably just cut her own throat by accident." Miakoda's tail lashes in irritation and she side-eyes Andrezi a bit but doesn't argue.

First sign of trouble from her, we should kill her.


Roll20 Battle Map

ENDRIN ISLE: Salvator Scream's House (19 Desnus)

"Well, two's a start," the kooky Kuthanite says. "What of the rest of you? And, if I may, what are your names? I can't just call you things like 'Kitty,' now can I?"

As Firinne shrugs in reply, the elf grins and whispers toward Nebbin and Emi, "Your furry friend gets offended when I call her that!"


Male Human Transmuter 8 (HP: 58/58) | Init: +8 | AC: 14 (18 w/Mage Armor) T: 14, FF: 11 (15 w/Mage Armor) | Perception +9 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +8 | CMB: 3| CMD: 17 Active conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility

"I'm Andrezi. With me are Miakoda, Nebbin, Firinne, and Emi," the wizard shares openly. He figures hiding this information is a pointless endeavour. "Where do you think we should start in finding Salvatore Scream?"


HP 92, +13 CMB, CMD 26, +2 Init, +9 Perception, AC 20/13T/17FF (-2 when raging), +10 Fort, +6 Ref, +3/+5 Will Human barbarian 8

"Yeah, you probably shouldn't do that," Nebbin says, looking apologetically at Miakoda.

He nods at Andrezi's question. "We thought we'd start here, but you think he's been kidnapped? That does happen a lot in this city..."


Roll20 Battle Map

ENDRIN ISLE: Salvator Scream's House (19 Desnus)

"Well, Andrezi and Nebbin...the signs of an abduction can be found in this house: dirt tracks made by several sets of boots," Laori states. "I believe that he was taken by thugs of Old Korvosa's self-proclaimed emperor. I understand this emperor owned some original Scream art, but they were damaged when his old playhouse burned down. So now he's decided to make our Salvator his personal artist and set maker for the new theater he's building."

Pausing a moment to gaze at the skull-candles atop the nearby table, she adds, "Seems this Emperor fella's full of himself, but he's still dangerous. Also seems like he's got all the thugs on the island under his wing, along with an adorable little hooded gnome or halfling executioner who enjoy cutting off heads with a huge guillotine. He's not very careful with the disposal of heads, however." She gives a head motion toward the skull candles again. "That's where I got some of my intel on this Emperor."


Male Human Transmuter 8 (HP: 58/58) | Init: +8 | AC: 14 (18 w/Mage Armor) T: 14, FF: 11 (15 w/Mage Armor) | Perception +9 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +8 | CMB: 3| CMD: 17 Active conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility

"I... see. And we only recently paid the bastard a visit, so we at least know where to find him. It'd like to pay them a visit, but we should be ready for the inevitable fight. Thoughts?"


Portrait l CG fm amarrun Evangelist8 [Desna] l 60/60hp l AC20, T14, FF16 l F +9, R +8, W +13, Ini + l Perc +17 SM +17

"If she told us water was wet I'd want a second opinion," Miakoda hisses under her breath. After studying the skulls for a moment she turns back to the elf.

"You can speak with the dead? What other magic can you do--if we're going to be cooperating then fine, let's start there. I'd like to speak with these departed souls as well, we may learn other useful things."


Roll20 Battle Map

ENDRIN ISLE: Salvator Scream's House (19 Desnus)

"Fighting's fine by me," Laori replies to Andrezi. "In fact, that's my normal means of engagement. Well, I suppose I try to be pleasant first, but no one ever believes I'm nice, so why bother? Also, my gear makes me rather unstealthy, so factor that into your plans."

Turning to Miakoda, her smile seems a bit forced. "Yes! I can speak to the dead. Can you? If you want to do that now--and have the spell prepared--have at it!"

The spiky elf considers Miakoda's other request before answering. "Well...I can use some healing spells on individuals, and I can channel negative energy if I'm alone with the Emperor and his court--or only one or two of you is within the area of effect. I guess that's negotiable. I can do shadowy magic--Wooooo! I'm a Kuthonite from Nidal. Spooky, right? Let's see...I can summon things to help me--er, us--fight. Oh yeah--I can also cast remove disease; very useful what with the blood veil outbreak recently. I hear it's still not fully eradicated, especially on this island."

"Ooh--almost forgot! I've got a few wands to supplement my magic when needed." Laori does some vigorous hip shaking, causing her weapon and chainmail to jangle a bit and the three wands worn in thin leather sheathes attached to her belt to clatter as they sway and strike each other.


HP 92, +13 CMB, CMD 26, +2 Init, +9 Perception, AC 20/13T/17FF (-2 when raging), +10 Fort, +6 Ref, +3/+5 Will Human barbarian 8

"We didn't mean to burn down the whole place," Nebbin says apologetically. "But he's a bad person ... but also has a lot of people with him. Maybe even too many for me to fight."


Roll20 Battle Map

ENDRIN ISLE: Salvator Scream's House (19 Desnus)

"You folks were responsible for burning down the Emperor's first theater?" Laori shrieks with such absolute delight that you know, at the very least, that she has no love for Pilts Swastel and won't be betraying you to him (most likely). Again she reiterates that she's not very good at being stealthy but will happily fight alongside you all against the Emperor and his thugs.

So, to quote Matt Mercer..."How do you want to do this?"


Male Human Transmuter 8 (HP: 58/58) | Init: +8 | AC: 14 (18 w/Mage Armor) T: 14, FF: 11 (15 w/Mage Armor) | Perception +9 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +8 | CMB: 3| CMD: 17 Active conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility

"I wouldn't count myself among the number who burned it down, but... well, these folks are clever."

Andrezi looks at the group, once more seeing that stealth is not their forte. But they need information. "Unfortunately, we're going to need to talk to him, unless you think we can risk interrogating a corpse. Questioning the dead is tricky, especially when they're inclined to resist your questions."


Female Human Slayer (Vanguard) 8 | HP: 34/83 | AC: 23 (T: 13, F: 20) | CMB: +12, CMD: 24 | F: +9, R: +8, W: +5 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +10 | Speed 20'

Emi had been prepared to draw on the elf, but as it becomes apparent it won't be needed at this particular time, she relaxes into staring at her. She's amazed and how quickly everyone (well, except Miakoda) is won over by a little fast talk and jiggling. But, Emi hasn't forgotten at all that this isn't the first time they've come across a whimsical female elf in a house full of signs of previous violence.

On the other hand though, with Scream missing they are out of leads to follow. Emi holds her tongue for Vencarlo's sake, figuring any possible help is better than nothing at this point. Besides, once they got to that first elf, she died easily enough. Emi doesn't figure this one would be so different if necessary.

Once they get past the pleasantries and down to deciding what to do, Emi speaks up.

"We've been inside like Andrezi said. Went in through the front door. Having seen it, I have to say our chances aren't great trying to fight our way in that direction. We don't know of any back doors in either."

"If we had the luxury of time, I'd say we start working over his patrols. Wiping out his people when they step outside into the streets would bleed them down. I doubt it would draw Swastel out, but it would even out the odds in an attack on the place later. It would be a slow process though."

"Maybe we could try trickery, but our faces are known there. That would be a problem."

"We could try to find a backdoor, if there is one. If we can't find anything ourselves, maybe we pick off a patrol or two, and keep one from each alive so you can torture answers out of them. You make it sound like that could be any Wealday for you, right?"

Emi says the last part directly to Laori.


Roll20 Battle Map

ENDRIN ISLE: Salvator Scream's House (19 Desnus)

Laori nods at Andrezi's words, especially about attempting to gain specific and useful information from the dead. She grins as Emi speaks up, but her face morphs into an exaggerated pout when the slayer mentions torture. "You'd think that, wouldn't you? But I've discovered over the years that my personality's too bubbly and friendly for captives to take me seriously. For some strange reason, most people don't find me intimidating in the least. Weird, maybe. And unsettling. Definitely unsettling." Just like that, the false pout is gone, replaced by her regular crazed grin.

Laori suggests that the group do any reconnaissance at night, as most of the Emperor's minions are human, can't see in the dark, and general carry lanterns or torches that give away their position.

Let me know what your course of action will be.


HP 92, +13 CMB, CMD 26, +2 Init, +9 Perception, AC 20/13T/17FF (-2 when raging), +10 Fort, +6 Ref, +3/+5 Will Human barbarian 8

Do we think we could get some potions of darkvision? Since some of us are human and can't see in the dark.


Roll20 Battle Map
Nebbin Elsbet wrote:
Do we think we could get some potions of darkvision? Since some of us are human and can't see in the dark.

You might be able to procure some at the Night Market, but that's at the far western end of the island...about as far from where you currently are as is possible in Old Korvosa.


HP 92, +13 CMB, CMD 26, +2 Init, +9 Perception, AC 20/13T/17FF (-2 when raging), +10 Fort, +6 Ref, +3/+5 Will Human barbarian 8

What time is it? Would we have time to make it there and then to Pilts', considering we want to go at nightfall anyway? Otherwise it feels like we'd be at just as much of a disadvantage.


Roll20 Battle Map

Since you guys actually started this very busy day by meeting the Emperor for the first time, let's say it's dusk, just before nightfall. So while crossing the entire island to the Night Market is possible, it's probably not adviseable at this point. It's probably (finally) time to move on to 20 Desnus.

Also, I believe that only Emi is currently wounded (down 12 hp by my records). I thought I had Kayleigh heal everyone before you went out searching for Salvator Scream's abode, but I didn't. I meant to, though, so Emi's otyugh wound is the only thing to worry about currently.


Male Human Transmuter 8 (HP: 58/58) | Init: +8 | AC: 14 (18 w/Mage Armor) T: 14, FF: 11 (15 w/Mage Armor) | Perception +9 | F: +4, R: +6, W: +8 | CMB: 3| CMD: 17 Active conditions: Mage Armor, See Invisibility

Given that starlight is effectively Dim Light, I think we'll be OK to move about at night as long as there are no clouds. We'll need light when we get indoors, but most likely inhabited places will have light already... or we create light because no one is there. Regardless, probably best to not overthink this.


HP 92, +13 CMB, CMD 26, +2 Init, +9 Perception, AC 20/13T/17FF (-2 when raging), +10 Fort, +6 Ref, +3/+5 Will Human barbarian 8

That works for me. Let's heal Emi and go!

6,701 to 6,746 of 6,746 << first < prev | 125 | 126 | 127 | 128 | 129 | 130 | 131 | 132 | 133 | 134 | 135 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Luke's Crimson Throne Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.