Luke's Crimson Throne Campaign

Game Master Luke

The campaign site is here.

The current Battlemap is here.


3,851 to 3,872 of 3,872 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>

Current Battlemap

By Kayleigh's memory, the grotto was a large chamber. The chasm that it bridged extended beyond sight both up and down. The chamber was larger on this side of the bridge than on the other. And there was a statue along the right-hand wall, not far into the room. And a pillar of natural flow somewhere ahead as well.


Male NG Human Inquisitor 5 | HP: 14/28| AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +9 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 5/5 3/3 | Judgements 2/2 | Teamwork 3/3 | Bane 5/5 | Discern Lies 5/5 | Harrow Points: 4/4 | Active conditions: -2 CHA, -2 STR

Hahaha. Crap yeah, that was made during a crippling hangover. I do not have a second attack (treated readied action like an AoO) so second post is null and void.

That does mean that I rolled three 1s in a row though. Epic. 1 in 8000 odds.


Female Human Cleric of Milani (Merciful Healer) 5 | hp 33/43 (0 NL) | AC 19, t 12, ff 17 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +3 | Spd 20 ft. | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 | Restorative Touch 5/6 | Harrow Points: 3/4 | wand of SW 45/48 | Conditions: -1 Con, -4 Cha
Regeris Smythe wrote:


That does mean that I rolled three 1s in a row though. Epic. 1 in 8000 odds.

A few folks win the lottery; the rest of us roll 3 (or more) natural 1s in a row.


Female Human Slayer (Vanguard) 5 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 19 (T: 13, F: 16) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 20'

Emi waits, then asks again for direction from anyone willing to give it.

Gotta say I've no real idea what to do. Without some direct contact from an enemy, Emi has no basis for knowing what might be a legitimate target or friendly fire. She'd essentially be swinging randomly.


Current Battlemap

<darkest dungeon voice>Discretion is sometimes the better part of valor!</darkest dungeon voice>

Unsure how to proceed, most of the party stands at guard and tries to make sense of the sounds in front of them. Nebbin takes another wild swing at one of his attackers but fails to connect. Regeris stabs out at the cutting dark but also fails to find a target.

With whispers and grunts the unseen assailants renew their attacks. A slicing blade catches Regeris on the armpit, spreading firey tendrils of pain into his chest. 8 hp damage, and another save v poison is due.

Nebbin is again assaulted from both sides, keeping the big warrior off-balance. One of the attacks lands as a blade is jabbed into Nebbin's forearm. 5 hp of damage and another fortitude save v poison from Nebbin as well.

Everyone gets to act. Nebbin and Regeris have perceived enemies.

Angry Darkness 18+
Regeris 18
Tassira 18
Emileva 15
Nebbin 14
Kayleigh 10


Male NG Human Inquisitor 5 | HP: 14/28| AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +9 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 5/5 3/3 | Judgements 2/2 | Teamwork 3/3 | Bane 5/5 | Discern Lies 5/5 | Harrow Points: 4/4 | Active conditions: -2 CHA, -2 STR

Poison: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 + 2 = 25

Regeris takes another hit but thankfully manages to fight off more of the poison. "Tactical retreat! This is not our fight!"

Since Regeris is in melee he'll wait for the others to pull back before full withdrawl. Switching judgement to protection. +2 AC.


HP 59, +10 CMB, 21 CMD, +2 Init, +8 Perception (+1 to avoid surprise by foes), AC 16/12T/14FF (-2 when raging, +1 vs. traps), +7 Fort, +3 Ref (+1 vs. traps), +1/+3 Will Human barbarian 5

Fort save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Quick stats:

HP 50/59
AC 19, touch 15, flat-footed 17 (-2 to all when raging), DR 2/-
Fort +7, Ref +3 (+1 vs. traps), Will +1 (+2 Will when raging) [Defiant luck]
CMD 20 (22 vs. grapple)
Rage: 0/18; Harrow points: 2/3; Auspicious Mark (1d6+1) 0/1; Defiant Luck: 0/1
Effects: bless, shield of faith (+3 AC), 2 Str damage,

Nebbin swings again and tries to back up the way he came as Regeris calls for the retreat. Which will likely provoke.

Mwk greatsword, power attack: 1d20 + 11 - 2 + 1 - 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 2 + 1 - 1 = 18
Damage: 2d6 + 12 - 1 ⇒ (4, 5) + 12 - 1 = 20
Miss chance?: 1d100 ⇒ 92

Again, just utterly crap rolls.


Female Human Cleric of Milani (Merciful Healer) 5 | hp 33/43 (0 NL) | AC 19, t 12, ff 17 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +3 | Spd 20 ft. | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 | Restorative Touch 5/6 | Harrow Points: 3/4 | wand of SW 45/48 | Conditions: -1 Con, -4 Cha

Kayleigh turns and heads back up the stairs when Regeris sounds the retreat.


HARROW PTS: 4|Reservoir: 6/8|Female Human (Chelaxian) Arcanist 5|HP: 33/33|AC: 11(15)/11/10|Saves: +4 Fort, +2 Ref, +5 Will|Init: +1|Perc: +2

Tassira starts to back out at Regeris' order.

Right--going to need some way to see in the dark before coming back down here. Should be a spell I can get my hands on--does Helvara have something like that?


Current Battlemap

Tassira, Keyleigh, Emi:

Kayleigh, Tassira and Emi each reach the edge of the magical darkness pretty quickly and can see by Kayleigh and Tassira's restored light spells. But the edge of the darkness advances just steps behind Emi as she climbs and neither Regeris nor Nebbin immediately emerge from it. If you pause in your climb the darkness will quickly overtake you.

Nebbin, Regeris:

Guided by the inquisitor's voice, Nebbin manages to reach Regeris without either of them stabbing the other. Together their feet find the first of the steps leading back up to Helvara's. There are fierce whispers in the darkness behind you and quick, shuffled footsteps.

So who is bringing up the rear?


HARROW PTS: 4|Reservoir: 6/8|Female Human (Chelaxian) Arcanist 5|HP: 33/33|AC: 11(15)/11/10|Saves: +4 Fort, +2 Ref, +5 Will|Init: +1|Perc: +2

"...they centered it on themselves." Tassira's eyes widen. "Clever."

How narrow is the stairway, again? We might be able to more effectively take them on if they can't flank.


Male NG Human Inquisitor 5 | HP: 14/28| AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +9 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 5/5 3/3 | Judgements 2/2 | Teamwork 3/3 | Bane 5/5 | Discern Lies 5/5 | Harrow Points: 4/4 | Active conditions: -2 CHA, -2 STR

Regeris and Nebbin would be in the front since they held the line before stepping back so I think it's Kayleigh in the back as the first to retreat?


Female Human Cleric of Milani (Merciful Healer) 5 | hp 33/43 (0 NL) | AC 19, t 12, ff 17 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +3 | Spd 20 ft. | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 | Restorative Touch 5/6 | Harrow Points: 3/4 | wand of SW 45/48 | Conditions: -1 Con, -4 Cha
Regeris Smythe wrote:
Regeris and Nebbin would be in the front since they held the line before stepping back so I think it's Kayleigh in the back as the first to retreat?

I think 'front' is the new 'back,' and the DM is asking whether you or Nebbin want to eat all the forthcoming attacks while guarding the others' retreat.


Male NG Human Inquisitor 5 | HP: 14/28| AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +9 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 5/5 3/3 | Judgements 2/2 | Teamwork 3/3 | Bane 5/5 | Discern Lies 5/5 | Harrow Points: 4/4 | Active conditions: -2 CHA, -2 STR

I think that's the plan! The action I had in mind is Kayleigh, Tassira, and Emi pull back and Regeris uses his action to do a full withdrawl although try not to entirely abandon Nebbin.


Female Human Cleric of Milani (Merciful Healer) 5 | hp 33/43 (0 NL) | AC 19, t 12, ff 17 | Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +7 | Init +4 | Perc +3 | Spd 20 ft. | Channel Positive Energy 7/7 | Restorative Touch 5/6 | Harrow Points: 3/4 | wand of SW 45/48 | Conditions: -1 Con, -4 Cha

Kayleigh rushes back up the steps as the darkness chases her.

She'll warn Helvara & Co. of the threat if she gets that far.


Female Human Slayer (Vanguard) 5 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 19 (T: 13, F: 16) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 20'

Emi picks up her pace when she notices the darkness is advancing. She also calls back to let those still inside it know what's happening.

"The magical darkness is moving also. Be quick to get outside it! Be aware the source of the magic is still moving toward you!"


HP 59, +10 CMB, 21 CMD, +2 Init, +8 Perception (+1 to avoid surprise by foes), AC 16/12T/14FF (-2 when raging, +1 vs. traps), +7 Fort, +3 Ref (+1 vs. traps), +1/+3 Will Human barbarian 5

I assume Nebbin was the farthest back.

Nebbin's expression is lost to the darkness, but he does his best to retreat with the others. If everyone's pulled back, he'll full withdrawal too, but making sure to stay further back than all the girls.


Current Battlemap

The darkness follows the ladies almost to the top of the winding stairs. Kayleigh finds the refuse room at the top as it was left just minutes ago. The door to the basement hall is held ajar by a rock doorstop.

Emi pauses for a moment with the wavering edge of the darkness effect just steps away, trying to make sense of shouts and stumbles echoing up to her from below. She catches bloody Regeris and then bloodier Nebbin as they stumble into the magical light and regain their own senses of sight.

The line of the darkness settles down, wavering nearer and then farther by small degrees. Finally, it recedes beyond the limit of Tassira's light and is lost.


HP 59, +10 CMB, 21 CMD, +2 Init, +8 Perception (+1 to avoid surprise by foes), AC 16/12T/14FF (-2 when raging, +1 vs. traps), +7 Fort, +3 Ref (+1 vs. traps), +1/+3 Will Human barbarian 5

Nebbin tries to inspect himself to see how badly he's hurt, but it's not too much.

"Now what?" he asks. "Maybe we should stand guard here and then come back tomorrow with better lights?"


Current Battlemap

The wounds are cuts made by blades. That much is evident.

A hand pushes the basement door open. Lefty's frightened face peeks into the crack.

"Is that you guys?" he asks. "D-Did you kill 'em? The bees?"


Male NG Human Inquisitor 5 | HP: 14/28| AC: 17 (13 Tch, 14 Fl) | CMB: +6 CMD: 18 | F: +5, R: +5, W: +9 | Init: +6 | Perc: +11, SM: +13 | Speed 30ft | Spells: 5/5 3/3 | Judgements 2/2 | Teamwork 3/3 | Bane 5/5 | Discern Lies 5/5 | Harrow Points: 4/4 | Active conditions: -2 CHA, -2 STR

Twitching from the poison, Regeris tersely shakes his head. "No, need to re-evaluate how we approach that. What are those things? We couldn't see anything in the darkness."


Female Human Slayer (Vanguard) 5 | HP: 53/53 | AC: 19 (T: 13, F: 16) | CMB: +9, CMD: 21 | F: +7, R: +6, W: +4 | Init: +4 | Perc: +8, SM: +8 | Speed 20'

Emi takes a look at the location of the wounds on Nebbin and Regeris, especially the height. She thinks making some inferences about their physical dimensions might help narrow down just exactly what they've tangled with. She asks about the strength of the blows "How forceful were the attacks? Heavy blows? Quick jabs?"

"Did anyone hear any sounds from them at all? We also know they use poisons and at least some use magic. They are intelligent..."

K Dungeoneering: "What are those things?"1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19

3,851 to 3,872 of 3,872 << first < prev | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Luke's Crimson Throne Gameplay Thread All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.
Recent threads in Play-by-Post