Lords of Light (Inactive)

Game Master Zizazat

What dangers await the Champions of Gul'Farom within the Vixis Valley?

Who will become the Lightbringer and win the hand of Princess Nirra?

Combat Map


201 to 247 of 247 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>

AC 15/12/13 HP 9/9 F +1 R+4 W +0 Human Rogue 1

Elsewhere, Bok sits beneath a tree and has a smoke. So, lycanthropy. Makes sense. Worst part of this is not that one of us is a godsdam shifter. It's that in our people, murderous insanity would not even be that remarkable."


AC 15/12/13 HP 9/9 F +1 R+4 W +0 Human Rogue 1

He looks at his hands. "I was actually close ...ha! What qould they have done?


Female Human Druid

Garra waits with the rogue to see what might be needed of them

Grand Lodge

The Elders agree to name Josi the Lightbringer's Champion, affording her a an unparalleled degree of respect among warriors in the valley.

Kybor and Tane set out to craft silver weapons, but nothing will be ready before tomorrow at the soonest and only then a few arrows and perhaps a dagger. There is much jockeying and boasting for who should get the arrows, who will track the beast, who will bring back Robern's head. Things progress into a very awkward celebration meal where Josi is central focus, her companions seated at her side. The warrior spirit of the Kellid people is on full display and as the evening winds on the celebrations wind into their inevitable tests of strength and endurance, intoxicated debauchery of many stripes, as well as planting of seeds for future generations.

Finally, as the moon reaches it's nightly zenith a commotion breaks out with shouting ... and snarling ... and crackling zaps, the smell of ozone and brief flashes of blue-white light. Dark shapes moving on four legs are swiftly moving through the Kellids, laying them low wish discharges of blue-white energy! A pack of creatures closes in on Josi, Bok and Garra!

Check the note in the Discussion thread for information about the switch to Roll20! I'll roll initiative etc once we are all set there.

Grand Lodge

Massive delay, sorry. Back at it!

Demon Dogs: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Bok: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Garra: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15
Klo: (acts on Garra's)
Josi: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Josi quickly readies herself as the pack of demon dogs closes in!

Round 1:
Josi
Demon Dogs *flatfooted*
Garra *flatfooted*
Klo *flatfooted*
Bok *flatfooted*


Defense Stats:
HP 5(+2 temp)/14; AC 16, T 14, FF 12; F +4 , R +4 , W -1; Init +4; Perc +3
Female
Special Abilities:
rage 4/6 day
Human (Kellid) Barbarian 1 (Scarred Rager Archtype)

I rolled a 1 on Roll20
Josi charged up with an attack and tripped and fell down.

Grand Lodge

The dogs spread out and attack!

Demon Dog #1 vs. Josi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 *miss*
Demon Dog #2 vs. Josi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 *hit*

Demon Dog #3 vs. Bok: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 *hit*
Demon Dog #4 vs. Bok: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 *miss*

Demon Dog #5 vs. Klo: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 *miss*
Demon Dog #6 vs. Garra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 *miss*

As the dogs land their bites, the collars seem to discharge some kind of electrical energy that zaps across to you! You both take 2 points of Dex damage!

Josi Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Josi Fort save vs shock: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 *fail*

Bok Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Bok Fort save vs shock: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 *fail*

Garra, Klo and Bok are up!


M Human (multi-ethnic) Rogue Charlatan 6

Bok takes out his rapier and lunges at his foe. attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5.


Female Human Druid

Garra takes a swipe at the dog on her, while Klo does the same with her foe.

Garra attack-melee: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19
Confirm Crit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Crit Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Klo Attack-Melee: Claw-1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Claw-1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Bite-1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Grand Lodge

Bok just misses his lunge on the dog, his reflex and balance not quite what they should be after that shocking bite!

Garra and Klo each tear into their opponents however, quickly dispatching the dogs!

Round 2:
Josi
Demon Dogs (4)
Garra
Klo
Bok

Josi is up!


Defense Stats:
HP 5(+2 temp)/14; AC 16, T 14, FF 12; F +4 , R +4 , W -1; Init +4; Perc +3
Female
Special Abilities:
rage 4/6 day
Human (Kellid) Barbarian 1 (Scarred Rager Archtype)

sorry for the wait.. been busy few days

Josi attempts to attack again after failing with her previous attack.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

Crit Damage: 1d10 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Triple 20ness check: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12

ok wow... so thats 20 dmg all together

Grand Lodge

Josi, don't forget your Dex damage will impact your attack rolls. Not that it matters on 2 nat 20s :)

Josi uses the curved blade to decimate the dog in front of her to a bloody stain!

Demon Dog #2 vs. Josi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 *miss*

Demon Dog #3 vs. Bok: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 *hit*
Demon Dog #4 vs. Bok: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 *miss*

One dog lunges again at Bok and misses, but manages to drive the young rogue into the waiting teeth of the other!

Bok Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7

Garra, Klo and Bok are up!


AC 15/12/13 HP 9/9 F +1 R+4 W +0 Human Rogue 1

Bok falls to the ground, bleeding.

Grand Lodge

DC 14 Con check to stabilize.


AC 15/12/13 HP 9/9 F +1 R+4 W +0 Human Rogue 1

Stabilize check: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 10

Grand Lodge

Garra turns as Bok falls to the ground, she looks over her shoulder at Klo and points at one of the dogs growling "Charge" to her companion. Klo springs forward, bounding across the open field and tearing her teeth into the dog who yelps and is motionless in her powerful jaws!

Klo bite: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Klo damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Garra moves forward, unable to reach Bok or the dogs in a single move decides to take up a defensive position and ready an action to strike if the dog approaches her.

Round 3:
Josi
Demon Dog (1)
Garra
Klo
Bok

Josi is up!


Female Human Druid

Sorry...the page did not update and I did not realize that it was my turn already....good thing I decided to drop in and see what was happening! I wish I knew why that happens.


Defense Stats:
HP 5(+2 temp)/14; AC 16, T 14, FF 12; F +4 , R +4 , W -1; Init +4; Perc +3
Female
Special Abilities:
rage 4/6 day
Human (Kellid) Barbarian 1 (Scarred Rager Archtype)

Seeing Bok fall enrages Josi and she attacks the beast violently.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

typing on phone will check hp and type current hp and rage use later today

Grand Lodge

My bad, there are 2 dogs left not 1.

Josi's blade comes down toward the dog, but it manages to sidestep the blow at the last second!

The other dog slinks around the bloody mess of Bok, Klo and it's companion dog heading for Garra!

Demon Dog #2 vs. Josi: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4 *miss*

Garra ready action: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19 *hit*
Demon Dog #4 vs. Garra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13 *miss/NA*
Garra confirm crit: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13 *miss confirm*
Garra damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

With the patience of a well practiced hand, Garra brings the scimitar into the dog's head as it leaps up to bite her. The dog yelps and falls to the ground unmoving.

Bok: DC 15 stabilize check.

Garra and Klo are up!


AC 15/12/13 HP 9/9 F +1 R+4 W +0 Human Rogue 1

Stabilize: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19


Female Human Druid

Garra orders the great cat to attack the remaining dog, while she go to tend to Bok's wounds.

Klo attack-melee(claw): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Klo attack-melee(claw): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Klo attack-melee(bite): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Garra kneels down and, muttering a few words in the mystic druidic tongue, she touches Bok's wounds.

Cure Light Wounds: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


Defense Stats:
HP 5(+2 temp)/14; AC 16, T 14, FF 12; F +4 , R +4 , W -1; Init +4; Perc +3
Female
Special Abilities:
rage 4/6 day
Human (Kellid) Barbarian 1 (Scarred Rager Archtype)

Still enraged from seeing her companion fall then missing with her attack Josi swings violently again.

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Add Crit Damage: 1d10 + 6 ⇒ (9) + 6 = 15

22 total damage; hp and rages left updated

Grand Lodge

Klo would have had to move 10' to get to the dog so only the bite attack would go off but...that's ok as Josi totally murdered it :)

Furious with anger, Josi's graceful weapon connects this time cleaving the dog into two pieces.

Out of combat - I'll get the next post up by tomorrow morning!

Grand Lodge

The chaos finally ebbs around the camp as groups of Kellids fight off packs of dogs. The wounded are tended to, and and fallen warriors are already being prepared for their pyres.

Elder Kora'Mol, attended by Bloodspeaker Toka, approaches Josi with a look of concern on his face. "Josi, we have a problem. Marigara is nowhere to be found. Several of the warriors killed in the attack were found near his tent. One of the wounded warriors, Toka's cousin Kartos, said he saw Marigara slung over the back of the half giant heading south. For the honor and glory of Gul'Farom I ask you, Josi Lightbrininger, find our wayward brother and return him!"

Everyone gains 265 XP and is healed back to full health.


Defense Stats:
HP 5(+2 temp)/14; AC 16, T 14, FF 12; F +4 , R +4 , W -1; Init +4; Perc +3
Female
Special Abilities:
rage 4/6 day
Human (Kellid) Barbarian 1 (Scarred Rager Archtype)

Sorry, I didn't see the update

Josi feels relief at the sight of Bok being alive and pats him on the shoulder and with a seriousness to her voice says "I'm glad they didn't kill ya. I don't want to lose anymore comrades."

When the Bloodspeaker approaches Josi listens then answers with.

"Of course. I'll prepare to leave at once! Bok, you up for it?"


AC 15/12/13 HP 9/9 F +1 R+4 W +0 Human Rogue 1

"Better than sitting around here."


Female Human Druid

Garra and Klo arrive at the meeting and listen to the hetman's request.
"Would you mind if a follower of the Green accompanied you on this adventure?"


Defense Stats:
HP 5(+2 temp)/14; AC 16, T 14, FF 12; F +4 , R +4 , W -1; Init +4; Perc +3
Female
Special Abilities:
rage 4/6 day
Human (Kellid) Barbarian 1 (Scarred Rager Archtype)

"Of course! You and Klo were a given!" Josi replies quickly.

Grand Lodge

Any minor equipment changes you can think of would be reasonably available to you. You have what you need to track and survive for a week, and you are also given 2 potions of cure light each. I'll get the next update posted soon.


Defense Stats:
HP 5(+2 temp)/14; AC 16, T 14, FF 12; F +4 , R +4 , W -1; Init +4; Perc +3
Female
Special Abilities:
rage 4/6 day
Human (Kellid) Barbarian 1 (Scarred Rager Archtype)

Any silver weapons to take with us?

Grand Lodge

You could wait until the morning and Kybor and Tane would have a silver short sword ready.


Defense Stats:
HP 5(+2 temp)/14; AC 16, T 14, FF 12; F +4 , R +4 , W -1; Init +4; Perc +3
Female
Special Abilities:
rage 4/6 day
Human (Kellid) Barbarian 1 (Scarred Rager Archtype)

K, we will wait and be prepared, rested, and healed before heading off

"Little" Josi "Lightbringer and crew waits until the morning to be rested up, packed, and prepared for their journey.

Grand Lodge

With the coming dawn, Josi and her companions set off following the tracks of the half-giant. They are not that difficult to follow, they seem to track over the trail left by the pack of dogs that attacked the camp. You are clearly following the tracks back to their point of origin, and they appear to lead you to the edge of the nearby mountains. The tracks originate from a cave in the western face of one of the mountains, and you confirm that the half-giant's track lead directly into the cave. It is dusk and will soon be night. Do you want to press on into the cave or make camp nearby and watch it over night and assault it in the morning?


Defense Stats:
HP 5(+2 temp)/14; AC 16, T 14, FF 12; F +4 , R +4 , W -1; Init +4; Perc +3
Female
Special Abilities:
rage 4/6 day
Human (Kellid) Barbarian 1 (Scarred Rager Archtype)

"I'm thinking we should go ahead and head in. But, what do you guys think?" Josi says.


AC 15/12/13 HP 9/9 F +1 R+4 W +0 Human Rogue 1

"Nature girl ...when do giants sleep?"


Female Human Druid

K.nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

Would this be a possible check, or is it k.dungeoneering?

Grand Lodge

Strangely enough it looks like it would actually fall under knowledge local. But everyone's understanding is that giants sleep cycle is the same as Kellids.


AC 15/12/13 HP 9/9 F +1 R+4 W +0 Human Rogue 1

"I say we go around three in the morning. Catch em sleeping.


Female Human Druid

"Sounds good to me, lets rest up then and move in on them later tonight."


Defense Stats:
HP 5(+2 temp)/14; AC 16, T 14, FF 12; F +4 , R +4 , W -1; Init +4; Perc +3
Female
Special Abilities:
rage 4/6 day
Human (Kellid) Barbarian 1 (Scarred Rager Archtype)

"I agree. Let's do that. We will take turns on watch."

I'll take first watch and let the others choose from there.

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Female Human Druid

Garra and Klo will take the last shift, giving her some time to commune with nature.


Female Human Druid

umm..so is this one dead?? Have not seen an update for some time??

Grand Lodge

Waiting until the deep of night, the party rests in shifts and makes plans to assault the cave.

Following the tunnel into the hillside for just a few minutes, it descends gently into the ground. Somewhere in the distance ahead a cavern is intermittently bathed in a soft, blue glow for a split second. The tunnel opens into the cavern which has jagged, rock wall and some small blue-white crystal structures in patches on some of the walls. There is a small raised plateau, about 4 feet high. Several large columns of stone stand in the cavern, and just at the edge of your light sources you see a passage leading through the middle of the cavern wall about 50' ahead. Curled up sleeping on the stone stairs that lead deeper into the cavern you see a demon dog!

Map updated, and ignore the touches on the map. The only light is whatever you are carrying. Which apparently is whatever you managed to take from the camp before leaving...I see a few flint and steels, but no torches or lanterns :)


Female Human Druid

Garra and Klo move forward silently, getting behind one of the large pillars.

Stealth: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (7) + 0 = 7
Klo 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

Well looks like Klo was quiet...Also Garra has light spell if needed


AC 15/12/13 HP 9/9 F +1 R+4 W +0 Human Rogue 1

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18Bok creeps in as well.

Grand Lodge

GM rolls:

Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 13
Perception: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19

Garra sneaks behind Klo, hearing a low growl coming from the eastern alcove.


Female Human Druid

Garra will stop moving when she hears the growling. She will keep Klo with her for the moment and wait to see where Bok ends up.

201 to 247 of 247 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Lords of Light All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.