Kingmaker. The shadows behind the throne.

Game Master DBH

An odd group gathers together. Their purpose to reclaim the Stolen lands. But what secrets do they carry with them into this dangerous land?

Charter

Party loot

KIngdom tracking sheet

Greenbelt map

Terrain costs and improvements

Notices

Greenbelt RRR

Troll lair


2,801 to 2,850 of 2,871 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

Male Human Arcanist 6 ~ AC 17* (t 12, ff 15*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+4, R+5, W+8 | Init +7, Per +8 | A.R. pts 6/8 | HP 31/44

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

His already scraggly beard made more so from the acid, Niadroub Kliip runs out of the acidic cloud and closer towards the drake.

Hey, the map is on Google Slides instead of Google Drawings! I can move my marker on my phone!

One hand full of dirt and spit, he flings it at the drake, where the mud expands and tries to land on the targets eyes.

Casting mudball. Spending an arcane reservoir point, so DC 16 Reflex to negate. I just noticed from spell description that if this lands, the target doesn't get it's save to negate until the start of its turn.

Ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 3 + 2 = 11


Per +12, Init +3, F/R/W +4/+10/+3, AC 21 (T 16, FF 17), HP 39/39, CMB +6, CMD 19 Maps: Thornholme Republic of the Kamelands

Colwyn takes a step back, putting some more distance between him and any other nasty, caustic tricks the drake might hatch out.
Nevertheless, he does not slacken his pace - in fact, his hands move with greater haste thanks to his magister - as he unleashes a hail of yet more arrows.

Hasted Rapid Shot 1: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Hasted Rapid Shot 2: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Hasted Rapid Shot 3: 1d20 + 8 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 8 - 2 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


Male Richard's Map Vig 6, HP: 46/46, AC: 21, FF: 17, Touch: 15, CMD: 20 CMB: +6 Fort:+4, Ref:+10, Will+6, Initiative +4, Per +9, SM +9

Richard tumbles as the acid billows outwards acrid smoke wafting off him but he had avoided the worst of the hazard. He drew his weapons as he advanced... if Niadroubs spell didn't distract it then at the very least he'd give it something else to focus on.

Reflex: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15


Human Unchained monk (6) +7 Init, +13 Per, Ki:6/8, HP 66, ac 23/18/21 Saves(F7, R6, W6), CMD 27/29

Isaac turns and faces the drake, recognizing the rushed energy he is feeling as being more then adrenaline and most likely Niadroubs haste spell he rushes at the dragon, tumbling in to avoid its blows before striking at it.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

Unarmed: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (5) + 12 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9


Male Richard's Map Vig 6, HP: 46/46, AC: 21, FF: 17, Touch: 15, CMD: 20 CMB: +6 Fort:+4, Ref:+10, Will+6, Initiative +4, Per +9, SM +9

Ah yes the haste

Richard tries to dodge the fangs of the beast as he closes.
Tumble: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Dueling Sword Vs Drake: 1d20 + 12 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 12 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8 || AC 21 (currently 25), touch 13, flat-footed 18 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Dodge) || hp 49 || Fort +8, Ref +12, Will +7; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic

"Ok here we go then, I guess you know the drill" - Reknar shrugs, and moves after the others with preternatural speed.

Starting Inspire Courage +1


human cleric 5, feysworn 1 | HP 31/37 (0 thp) | AC 19; FF 17; TAC 12 | F +5; R +4; W +11(12 me) | Init +2 | Perception +8 | adamantine dagger +4 (1d4 19-20); sling +5 (1d4) | Channel Energy 3d6 (dc 14) 5/5; Sudden Shift 7/7; Adoration (dc 16) 7/7 | Active Effects: Mirror Image 5 dups, bless +1 atk & saves vs fear, haste +1atk, AC, Ref

Ref: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (14) + 3 = 17
Zelera realized the green goo shooting towards them couldn't be good and had already started to move before it reached them. She held her breath, closed her eyes, and jumped back getting out of the green fog with minimal harm. Getting clear she sent a beam of divine light lancing across the battlefield at the drake.
searing light: 1d20 + 5 - 4 ⇒ (11) + 5 - 4 = 123d8 ⇒ (4, 3, 2) = 9
Dang, that might hit it's touch.


Male Human Arcanist 6 ~ AC 17* (t 12, ff 15*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+4, R+5, W+8 | Init +7, Per +8 | A.R. pts 6/8 | HP 31/44
Zelera wrote:
Dang, that might hit it's touch.

It's the same roll as NK's mudball.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Touch AC11.

The Drake is rapidly overwhelmed by Magic, arrows, fists and weapons. Slumping dead with mud on it's face.

To find it's lair is a survival check DC20.

What are you doing now?


Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8 || AC 21 (currently 25), touch 13, flat-footed 18 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Dodge) || hp 49 || Fort +8, Ref +12, Will +7; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic

"Can't say I ever remember encountering one of these" - Reknar crouches next to the drake - "Looks amazing though... I wonder if t keeps a lair..?" - he adds, standing up and looking around.

Survival: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Male Richard's Map Vig 6, HP: 46/46, AC: 21, FF: 17, Touch: 15, CMD: 20 CMB: +6 Fort:+4, Ref:+10, Will+6, Initiative +4, Per +9, SM +9

"Is anyone else thinking it's scales would make a nice cloak or sash? It might really bring out your eyes Colwyn."


Per +12, Init +3, F/R/W +4/+10/+3, AC 21 (T 16, FF 17), HP 39/39, CMB +6, CMD 19 Maps: Thornholme Republic of the Kamelands

"Do you think we left enough of its hide intact for anything larger than a set of gloves?" Colwyn replies with a sardonic smile. "Seeing how poorly the beast crept upon us, I certainly wouldn't want that ill-luck rubbing off on me."


Male Human Arcanist 6 ~ AC 17* (t 12, ff 15*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+4, R+5, W+8 | Init +7, Per +8 | A.R. pts 6/8 | HP 31/44

Heal up, investigate the lair, and then onward to the Troll stronghold in Hex 53.


Are you sure you want to do that?

The lair is close by and you discover amidst the trash and bones.

Loot
3000gp in pretty stones and gems.

And among the remains of it's latest victim you find.

MW Chain shirt
MW Darkwood longbow
Cloak of Elvenkind.

After several more days travel your friendly giant points importantly to where the trolls lair.

R1. The Approach
A narrow path winds its way up the hill, a steep cliff face on one side and a sheer drop-off on the other. At the top, the path follows a wide ledge, where the corner of a weathered stone building juts from the side of the hill.

What are you doing now?


Male Richard's Map Vig 6, HP: 46/46, AC: 21, FF: 17, Touch: 15, CMD: 20 CMB: +6 Fort:+4, Ref:+10, Will+6, Initiative +4, Per +9, SM +9

"I guess we shall have to spend these coins lest their ill fortune rub off on you!"

------------------------------------------------------

"One or two of us could scout ahead, we can figure out how many trolls are in the immediate area and get in place for an ambush." Richard picks up a few rocks off the ground. "One thrown down hear means come up ready for a fight, two means all clear."


Male Human Arcanist 6 ~ AC 17* (t 12, ff 15*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+4, R+5, W+8 | Init +7, Per +8 | A.R. pts 6/8 | HP 31/44

Niadroub Kliip casts message on Richard and Colwyn.

"Doon't throw eny stoones et me."


Per +12, Init +3, F/R/W +4/+10/+3, AC 21 (T 16, FF 17), HP 39/39, CMB +6, CMD 19 Maps: Thornholme Republic of the Kamelands

"That's some wise advice, my friend, that I wholeheartedly endorse," Colwyn replies to Richard with a smile.

He picks up the enchanted cloak and holds it up for the party like a merchant offering his wares.

"Any of you fancy this piece? I've already got a rather fine, magic cloak, but this might be an improvement."

.....

"No promises, Niadroub," Colwyn whispers, pressing himself against the terrain to minimize his silhouette to potential watchers.

"Tragically, you and I are the best men for the job, Richard. Rather than drawing straws, should we both simply venture forth?"

As he speaks quietly, the baron keeps his eyes affixed upon the cliff face, looking for signs of sentries or other dangers.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (3) + 12 = 15


Human Unchained monk (6) +7 Init, +13 Per, Ki:6/8, HP 66, ac 23/18/21 Saves(F7, R6, W6), CMD 27/29

"I wouldn't mind a new cloak, my one is fit to be thrown out and of no real use anymore." he looks at Colwyns old cloak "That one is still quite fancy though, if you want to upgrade could I borrow it for a while?"

...

"Don't be to proud to run if they spot you, we will be ready for them."

Isaac turns to watch the cliff for signs of the trolls.
Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20


Male Richard's Map Vig 6, HP: 46/46, AC: 21, FF: 17, Touch: 15, CMD: 20 CMB: +6 Fort:+4, Ref:+10, Will+6, Initiative +4, Per +9, SM +9

"Of course Colwyn... and if we can't find any stones you might just hear suitably manly shrill shouts." Richard makes sure to double check his gear is all strapped down and draws his blade just in case. We're going to have to make a decision about this giant soon.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (14) + 12 = 26
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Init +3; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +8 || AC 21 (currently 25), touch 13, flat-footed 18 (+7 armor, +2 Dex, +1 Dodge) || hp 49 || Fort +8, Ref +12, Will +7; +4 vs. bardic performance, language-dependent, and sonic

Reknar turns to Mungo, trying to discuss some additional details of what will happen next.

Giant:

"Seems like you have a chance to get back at them for not allowing you in their group - will you fight at our side?"


Per +12, Init +3, F/R/W +4/+10/+3, AC 21 (T 16, FF 17), HP 39/39, CMB +6, CMD 19 Maps: Thornholme Republic of the Kamelands

Back at the drake's lair, Colwyn passes the new cloak along to Isaac.
...

Outside the troll lair, Colwyn likewise secures his gear. However, he keeps his bow at the ready, instead, as he scouts ahead with Richard.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


Are you sure you want to do that?

Mungo nods eagerly when [b]Rekanr asks him of he wants to fight. Violent revenge is something he is fully behind.

Richard & Colwyn make their way carefully up the path, reaching the top without being detected.

R2. Barbican
A single stone door provides the only entrance from the ledge into the guard post. When the trolls moved in, they broke the door by forcing it open too far. Arrow slits overlook the approach and outside ledge
to the north and east.

Map up top. Troll lair.

What are you doing now?


Male Richard's Map Vig 6, HP: 46/46, AC: 21, FF: 17, Touch: 15, CMD: 20 CMB: +6 Fort:+4, Ref:+10, Will+6, Initiative +4, Per +9, SM +9

Richard starts moving closer to the other entrances to this room he listens to see if he can hear anything.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (11) + 9 = 20


Per +12, Init +3, F/R/W +4/+10/+3, AC 21 (T 16, FF 17), HP 39/39, CMB +6, CMD 19 Maps: Thornholme Republic of the Kamelands

Colwyn purses his lips and chokes back the lump in his throat, overwhelmed by the foul smell that strikes him like a cudgel as soon as he sets foot in the guard post. He claps his free hand over his nose and mouth, left exposed by the stag helmet. Meanwhile, his right hand tightens upon the haft of his bow.

As Richard investigates the south door, Colwyn sidles over to the stairs to the west. He presses himself against the wall to remain out of sight. Hesitantly, he draws the free hand from his nose and cups it around his ear to better tease out sounds from beyond.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16

GM, let me know if you need another Stealth roll, too.


Are you sure you want to do that?

You don't need a stealth roll.

Richard ghosts his way to the shattered door, the chances of being noticed are minimal given that the two trolls set to guard the entrance have grown bored and are fighting each other.

Map updated. What now?


human cleric 5, feysworn 1 | HP 31/37 (0 thp) | AC 19; FF 17; TAC 12 | F +5; R +4; W +11(12 me) | Init +2 | Perception +8 | adamantine dagger +4 (1d4 19-20); sling +5 (1d4) | Channel Energy 3d6 (dc 14) 5/5; Sudden Shift 7/7; Adoration (dc 16) 7/7 | Active Effects: Mirror Image 5 dups, bless +1 atk & saves vs fear, haste +1atk, AC, Ref

With the defeat of the drake and their discovery of it's lair Zelera looked at their finds, and the cloak, but when it was identified she shook her head and said, "No, I think I'm better off with mine, one of you are welcome to this one."

____

Knowing they would be approaching the troll's lair that day Zelera adjusted her blessings accordingly when she awoke that morning. There weren't many changes but it was important to take care of none the less. When they finally reached the encampment and Richard and Colwyn prepared to make their way up ahead to scout Zelera said, "Wait one moment," she prayed for the Lantern King to let her track her fellow mischief maker as they pulled one over on these vile trolls and released the magic bestowed upon her as she touched Richard on the arm creating a ling between them. "Sadly I can only put this on one of you right now but it will let me know where you are and if you get injured or otherwise debilitated."

Cast status on Richard since he is the most likely to get in melee.


Male Richard's Map Vig 6, HP: 46/46, AC: 21, FF: 17, Touch: 15, CMD: 20 CMB: +6 Fort:+4, Ref:+10, Will+6, Initiative +4, Per +9, SM +9

Richard has a wicked grin on his face as he looks over at Colwyn and takes a few steps back. He leans into Colwyns ear and whispers very quietly. "Two trolls arguing inside... lets set these up and pull back. Lure them back and we can pepper them on the bridge at ranged. Only one will fit on that path at a time I suspect, lets get the others to fill them in." He carefully starts taking out his bear traps and setting them up.

Red are normal bear traps, blue are off set


Per +12, Init +3, F/R/W +4/+10/+3, AC 21 (T 16, FF 17), HP 39/39, CMB +6, CMD 19 Maps: Thornholme Republic of the Kamelands

As Richard kneels to pry open and set the first of the bear traps, Colwyn quietly unshoulders his back.
From one of the side pouches, he carefully retrieves a flask of alchemist's fire.

He holds it up with a grin, as though to wordlessly ask Richard, "Think this will get their attention?"

Colwyn will then set aside the flask and help his friend set the rest of the traps.

I'm thinking, when the time comes, I will fling the alchemist's fire inside the barbican then retreat to lure the trolls into the traps.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Remember you are on a ledge! You have only one way to retreat.

When you are ready to go make your attack.


Per +12, Init +3, F/R/W +4/+10/+3, AC 21 (T 16, FF 17), HP 39/39, CMB +6, CMD 19 Maps: Thornholme Republic of the Kamelands

Once the last bear trap is set, Colwyn pauses for Richard to get clear.
He then flings the fire flask into the barbican, then takes running start to leap over the bear traps and reach the safe side of the ledge.

Ranged Touch Attack vs Red: 1d20 + 6 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 6 - 2 = 18
Fire Damage on Red: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Long Jump, Acrobatics DC 15: 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (11) + 17 = 28

Since I'm throwing the fire flask across two range increments, I included a -2 penalty in my attack roll.
I'm trying to perform a long jump over ten feet of bear traps, but I'm also counting the square on the other side, so the Acrobatics DC is 15, right?


Male Human Arcanist 6 ~ AC 17* (t 12, ff 15*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+4, R+5, W+8 | Init +7, Per +8 | A.R. pts 6/8 | HP 31/44

Don't forget you each have an active message spell to NK to call the rest of the party when you're done with stealth or in need of help.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Are you communicating with the rest of your party?


Male Richard's Map Vig 6, HP: 46/46, AC: 21, FF: 17, Touch: 15, CMD: 20 CMB: +6 Fort:+4, Ref:+10, Will+6, Initiative +4, Per +9, SM +9

Niadroub at least two trolls. Setting traps. Come up, ranged weapons ready and loaded. We'll bottle neck them on the ledge.


Male Human Arcanist 6 ~ AC 17* (t 12, ff 15*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+4, R+5, W+8 | Init +7, Per +8 | A.R. pts 6/8 | HP 31/44

Niadroub Kliip relays Richard's message to the rest of the party. Hoisting his loaded crossbow, he joins them as they move forward.


Per +12, Init +3, F/R/W +4/+10/+3, AC 21 (T 16, FF 17), HP 39/39, CMB +6, CMD 19 Maps: Thornholme Republic of the Kamelands

In the heat of the moment, Colwyn forgets the magic upon him. However, he remembers the discussion of stones. With a flick of his wrist, he drops one down the side of the ledge to also signal to the party that battle is again joined.


Are you sure you want to do that?

I'll speed things up since we're returning after some disruption.

The two Trolls react with all the fabled wit of their kind and charge out howling in rage. Stumbling into the traps and dying quickly to your ambush.

You have two exits to room R2. There is no response from within the keep. What are you doing now?


Male Richard's Map Vig 6, HP: 46/46, AC: 21, FF: 17, Touch: 15, CMD: 20 CMB: +6 Fort:+4, Ref:+10, Will+6, Initiative +4, Per +9, SM +9

Richard sets the traps up once more by the western door and nods towards the southern exit.


Per +12, Init +3, F/R/W +4/+10/+3, AC 21 (T 16, FF 17), HP 39/39, CMB +6, CMD 19 Maps: Thornholme Republic of the Kamelands

A vestige of his callous past and his undying vendetta against trollkind, Colwyn smiles like a giddy child as he watches the horrid beasts fall prey to their traps. He rolls their corpses off the ledge and drops a flask of alchemists fire upon them for good measure.

After helping Richard redeploy the bear traps inside the barbican, he presses himself against the wall beside the southern door. He trains his ear and nose upon that passage, trying to pick out any clue to what awaits beyond.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Are you sure you want to do that?

Colwyn easily detects snoring coming from the area above the stairs.

What now?


Per +12, Init +3, F/R/W +4/+10/+3, AC 21 (T 16, FF 17), HP 39/39, CMB +6, CMD 19 Maps: Thornholme Republic of the Kamelands

Colwyn shoulders his bow and grips the magic trident taken from the lizardfolk chief.
He creeps up the stairs, hoping to catch the next foe while it sleeps.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (17) + 12 = 29


Male Richard's Map Vig 6, HP: 46/46, AC: 21, FF: 17, Touch: 15, CMD: 20 CMB: +6 Fort:+4, Ref:+10, Will+6, Initiative +4, Per +9, SM +9

Richard slinks up beside Colwyn with his sword in hand.

Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (8) + 12 = 20


Are you sure you want to do that?

You find a Troll who found being on watch boring and has decided to have a nap. You easily end his snoring with a Coup de grace.

This one has nothing of value on him.

You now have the west stairs to use.

What are you doing now?


Male Richard's Map Vig 6, HP: 46/46, AC: 21, FF: 17, Touch: 15, CMD: 20 CMB: +6 Fort:+4, Ref:+10, Will+6, Initiative +4, Per +9, SM +9

Richard nods towards the stairs. After disarming the traps Richard starts moving along the western stairs quietly while keeping an eye out for threats.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13


Per +12, Init +3, F/R/W +4/+10/+3, AC 21 (T 16, FF 17), HP 39/39, CMB +6, CMD 19 Maps: Thornholme Republic of the Kamelands

"Still got it," Colwyn sighs contentedly as he cleans the troll blood from his rapier using a convenient scrap of cloth. He replaces the thin blade in its sheath and takes up his trident anew.

The baron-consul slips back down the stairs from the ill-used watchpost and follows Richard to the next set of stairs. He presses himself against the wall beside the door and listens for sounds creeping from beyond.

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16
Stealth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (19) + 12 = 31


Are you sure you want to do that?

R4. Main Hall
A large stone table takes up the center of this large chamber, whose walls are decorated with ancient carvings that have been defaced and vandalized with crude graffiti in several languages. A headless humanoid corpse lies atop the bloodstained table.

A Troll stands beside the table, feeding scraps from the corpse to a slavering Trollhound.

perception Troll: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
perception Trollhound: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

As Richard reaches the top of the stairs the hound turns to look at him.

Surprise round, what are you doing now?


Male Richard's Map Vig 6, HP: 46/46, AC: 21, FF: 17, Touch: 15, CMD: 20 CMB: +6 Fort:+4, Ref:+10, Will+6, Initiative +4, Per +9, SM +9

Richard moves in and stabs the troll in it's gut!

Aldori Dueling Sword Vs Troll: 1d20 + 12 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 12 + 2 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Richard moves down the stairs again and calling out to the others as he reaches the other room below. "Time to come on up!"


Per +12, Init +3, F/R/W +4/+10/+3, AC 21 (T 16, FF 17), HP 39/39, CMB +6, CMD 19 Maps: Thornholme Republic of the Kamelands

Colwyn slides quick as a shadow and retreats down the stairs. He stops at the foot of the stairs alongside Richard. As his friend summons the rest of their comrades, Colwyn tightens his grip upon his magic trident and braces himself for a fight.


Are you sure you want to do that?

Everybody can tell what they are doing?


human cleric 5, feysworn 1 | HP 31/37 (0 thp) | AC 19; FF 17; TAC 12 | F +5; R +4; W +11(12 me) | Init +2 | Perception +8 | adamantine dagger +4 (1d4 19-20); sling +5 (1d4) | Channel Energy 3d6 (dc 14) 5/5; Sudden Shift 7/7; Adoration (dc 16) 7/7 | Active Effects: Mirror Image 5 dups, bless +1 atk & saves vs fear, haste +1atk, AC, Ref

When Zelera heard Richard call down to them to advance Zelera did exactly that and gestured for the others still with her to follow her up. She made her way as quickly to them as she could.


Male Human Arcanist 6 ~ AC 17* (t 12, ff 15*) *-4 if no mage armor | F+4, R+5, W+8 | Init +7, Per +8 | A.R. pts 6/8 | HP 31/44

**cough**

Niadroub Kliip assesses the situation and factors in the environment, the number of enemies, as well as potential unseen threats and variances to and does what he always does when the party faces trolls.

Will cast flaming sphere when the combat begins.

2,801 to 2,850 of 2,871 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Kingmaker. The shadows behind the throne. All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.