Game Master S's "Cries from the Drift" (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP | Starfinder Ships | Ship Roles

Initiative:

[dice=The Knight of Tides]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Noble-44]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Bud-33]d20+3[/dice]


51 to 100 of 154 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Obozaya spends no time lamenting the missile that missed, such would be a waste. She depresses the button to engage the target again...

Obozaya Gunnery:

Turret Missiles: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 4 + 1 = 254d8 ⇒ (7, 4, 7, 3) = 21

Crit Damage: 4d8 ⇒ (2, 8, 7, 3) = 20

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

Piloting Check for Initiative

Piloting (C)(1): 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 14

"Capt, the ship is getting sluggish but I've brought us up for a broadside. Can you confirm that you agreed to the Vesk's combat rules that we should avoid the aft?"

Pilot Evade DC=13
Piloting (C)(1): 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 18
+2 bonus to AC and TL until next round

Wayfinders

"Male" Android Operative (3) | SP 18 HP 22 | Init +4 | KAC 17, EAC 17 | Per +9

Hearing the movement issues, Noble tries to moves power to the engines, but is stymied due to his previous re-routing ”This will take a bit.”

Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

GM:
In line with X5NSA's question to the Captain, if we end up in the Veskarium's aft quarter for firing, I will NOT take a shot. Which begs the question about why our pilot doesn't throw our aft at the Vesk, so they won't take the shot either, hahaha!


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

No one remembers a rule about attacking aft, so the Starfinders execute. The vesk are less maneuverable, and are still taking positions when the weapons erupt on both sides.

The vesk fire doesn't matter as the missiles are a direct hit! They blow through the ship's shields and hull, leaving a very badly damage opponent.

Over the comms comes the captain's voice "AMAZING! Well played and well done. You have quite the crew over there. We yield, and honor our agreement!"

I'm going to assume you accept, but by all means the choice is yours. I'll hold until you post one way or the other. If you fight to the end, I'll roll their guns.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

”Huzzah!”


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

The comms crackle again, "She's all yours, and in appreciation of your skill and honor, accept this gift before you start scanning."

Jettison cargo pod:

It contains a set of golemforged plating II armor and a squad machine gun!

One you scan the area you discover the beacon embedded in an asteroid, and that the asteroid is actually quite rich in minerals. The beacon is encoded, but with the tools Zigvigix gave you, you crack it easily.

Decoded Message:

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

"Standing down from battle-stations. Captain, I suggest we link up and offer them repair assistance given Obozaya's last shot that seemed to do more damage than expected in a duel."

X5 shifts to the science station to check the status of the ship.

Computers (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 1 = 16

Upon seeing the jettisoned cargo, X5 looks to collect the gifts.

Dataphiles

N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

"X5, please scan the payload on the jettisoned cargo pod before accepting it on board," Gideon intones politely. Never hurts to be extra cautious.

I will gladly take the Golemforged Plating II, if Obozaya would like the Squad Machine Gun.

Activating the comm, Gideon hails the Honorbound. "Thank you for your kind gesture. Allow me to return it: is your vessel in need of any assistance?" Despite the offer, Gideon is anxious to press on toward the beacon after reading a read-out of the decoded signal.


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

"It's a generous offer, but repairs are lessons to be learned for my crew. Good luck out there!" Indeed, after scanning you determine that their ship isn't disabled, and they could continue the fight, but it wouldn't be as friendly...

-----------------------
You punch in the beacon’s coordinates and instructions to drop out of the Drift, and find yourselves a few hundred yards from a disabled ship.

A heavily damaged kasathan transport ship floats in empty space, dark but for a slowly flashing orange light at its aft. Just a few miles away from the ship, a massive storm dwarfs the vessel, blue and gray etheric clouds warping the field of stars behind the ship and flashing internally with jagged streaks of light. For all its violence, the vast storm is silent, and it looms larger with each passing second. It's headed this way, so time is of the essence!

Mysticism DC 15:
You recognize the stellar event as an etheric storm, an uncommon event where the barrier between the Ethereal and Material Planes is thinnest.

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

before picking up the loot
Computers (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 9 + 1 = 14
"Looks like it is safe to pick up and may have some tools useful to the crew."

----
At the disabled ship
X5 shifts from the pilot seat back to the familiar science station, because it is always prudent to scan before jumping into something unknown.

Computers (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 9 + 1 = 22

"Scanning the ship now. Details coming across the monitor."

Shifts back to the pilot seat. "Captain, suggest we maneuver quickly to dock if able or I can put the ships as close as possible if we need to shuttle over."
Piloting (C)(1): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 7 + 1 = 24 flavor text roll if not needed. :)


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

Unfortunately the Drake doesn't come equipped with the same scanners as the Pegasus, so there's little to be had beyond the ship's name, Struggle's Scholar and the fact that gravity is still engaged. It's an older Kasatha ship, and of typical design.

The airlock is on the stern, and docking is easy. Currently the aft doors are open, but you know from experience that once closed and sealed gravity and air will return.

This entire chamber is one large airlock, with access doors to the north and south. Loose netting floats in the gravity-free chamber. A warning light above the interior door flashes every few seconds, periodically bathing the room in a dim orange glow. A small panel next to the door flashes orange in time with the warning light. Tactical map updated. Place yourselves in the bay as a check in before we advance.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Can someone place me on the map please?


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |
Obozaya Ymeros wrote:
Can someone place me on the map please?

Done


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Thank you. I’m unable to edit it with my iOS browser.

Dataphiles

N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

Resplendent in his new armor, Gideon's baritone crackles over the comm.
"Let us be quick. We do not want to get hit by the storm brewing out there."

Gideon would prefer the front if at all possible. He is a melee fighter.


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

Next to the door is the flashing light, beckoning you to close the doors so that you can restore gravity here and open the door beyond. All you need to do is....

SCREEEEEEACH! some awful sound, a screach of fury, agony, fear, or all three sounds from the other side of the door.

You press the button which causes the room to automatically pressurize; artificial gravity then kicks in gradually. As air fills the room, a blaring alarm can be heard, timed with the light. After 30 seconds, the alarm and light stop flashing, and you can use the panel again to open the interior door.

Once you open the door, the horror is laid bare.

A gruesome trail of blood runs across the floor of the ten-foot wide hallway that runs horizontally across the ship; at each end of this hall are metal access doors leading to the north and south. A shorter hall leads to a door to the north, with two doors halfway up that hall exiting to the east and west. Finally, a large airlock seal covers the center of the southern wall here. A double-barreled weapon turret limply hangs from the ceiling, just west of the southern airlock door.

Map updated

Dataphiles

N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

The armored knight enters cautiously, his impossibly black hammer warping into existence in his hand. He moves to inspect the blood.

Life Science: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 Kasathan?


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

Unfortunately, Gideon can't make a determination, but it could be.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Obozaya moves up, and has out the Vesk-gift machine gun.


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

The vesk can see seven doors from here to open.

Wayfinders

"Male" Android Operative (3) | SP 18 HP 22 | Init +4 | KAC 17, EAC 17 | Per +9

"Perhaps start towards the bridge?"

Dataphiles

N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

"I think this trail of blood is a more urgent line of inquiry," Gideon responds. He looks left, then right, and opts to choose the leftern-most option.

Unless the trail indicates dragging or travel in the opposite (south) direction.

Once the others are in position, Gideon gives the door a lookover before tapping the panel to open it. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

"Let me take a look at the trail and see if I can discern anything useful."

Life Science (1): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

X5 also moves his combat drone (CD1) into a guarding position.


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

X5NSA takes a much more detailed look at the blood. It's definitely Kasathan, and the trail moves from port to starboard.

Gideon opens the door. The single door opens into this open space. Just inside the doorway, the entry floor is caked with blood, and several batons and shuriken are scattered throughout the room. A simple sparring mat covers much of the center floor. An alcove along the eastern edge houses a weapon rack filled several kinds of batons and a dozen fine shuriken. On the opposite wall is a pad of self-healing foam with colorful abstract targets painted on it. A four-armed metal robot stands in the southwestern corner of the chamber.

The instant someone steps into the room, the robot animates and begins repeating the same phrase over and over:

Kasathan:

I am ready to duel, do you accept? I am ready to duel, do you accept? I am ready to duel, do you accept? I am ready to duel, do you accept? I am ready to duel, do you accept? I am ready to duel, do you accept? I am ready to duel, do you accept? I am ready to duel, do you accept? I am ready to duel, do you accept? I am ready to duel, do you accept?

The room seems reasonably well stocked. There's a sleek looking baton weapon (longer and thinner than a typical tactical baton, 10 carbonedge shuriken, 8 regular tactical batons, 4 cestus battlegloves, and 2 serums.

Perception DC 15:

You notice a holoprojector in the ceiling with a carbonedge shuriken lodged in it.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16

Obozaya points at the holoprojector, ”It is strange that it has been attacked with that shuriken.”


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

It looks like it's designed to record and play back sparring sessions. The shuriken has damaged, but not ruined it.

Computers or Engineering DC 20:

You repair the projector, and play back the last recorded scene. The recording is damaged. It's grainy, and the feed cuts out here and there, but it looks like it started recording automatically as a kasathan warrior battles....something the video is hard to untangle. Then, right at the end of the feed, he tosses a shuriken at his blurry foe. The shuriken passes right through the enemy and strikes the recorder...

Wayfinders

"Male" Android Operative (3) | SP 18 HP 22 | Init +4 | KAC 17, EAC 17 | Per +9

Noble sighs and gets to work to try and coax out some information. The system doesn’t seem too complicated and he ends up talking to himself a bit as he tinkers with it. More enjoyment than challenge.
Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

Noble-44's work is quick and efficient.

You repair the projector, and play back the last recorded scene. The recording is damaged. It's grainy, and the feed cuts out here and there, but it looks like it started recording automatically as a kasathan warrior battles....something the video is hard to untangle. Then, right at the end of the feed, he tosses a shuriken at his blurry foe. The shuriken passes right through the enemy and strikes the recorder...

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

"Understand that there seemed to have been a battle between our Kasathan and an unknown blurry foe. Suggest we follow the blood trail quickly."

X5 also scans the area looking for a computer terminal to jack into the main computer system. If one is available, X5 will attempt to access the security logs and active security system to scan for occupants.

Computers (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15 (if found)


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

The robot continues to monotonously repeat itself.... but by the time X5NSA concludes that there's no access here, the robot powers down.

The party follows the blood trail to the door on the starboard side, only to find that it's locked, very locked. There's a key card slot, but all your attempts to bypass it fail...

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

"Do we knock and hope the good guys are on the other side? Or find a different door to open?"


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Can someone move me and keep me up with the action please?

”I have grenades, but I doubt they will blow it open.”

Dataphiles

N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

Gideon shakes his head. "We may be able to find a key card elsewhere on the ship. Let us keep searching." The dark-clad knight suggests the door opposite in the same hallway, and tries it.


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

This door opens without issue. Four beds fill most of these tidy crew quarters. Each bed is neatly made with a prominent item placed atop its center. Above the beds are tightly sealed storage compartments. A single-tier metal shelf curves around the southwestern wall, its surface pristine but entirely empty.

Culture DC 15:

You know this to be a kasathan tradition for those who are making a journey from which they don’t expect to return. The crew members left personal items on each of their beds, as gifts to those who survive them and continue to create future history...


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

Bed 1:

An electronic scale model of the Idari (the roughly cylindrical kasathan worldship that currently orbits the Pact Worlds’ sun) rotating slowly in the air above a smooth stand. The model is probably worth about 100 credits.

Bed 2:

A personal datapad, flashing with a low battery warning.

Bed 3:

A ceremonial Idaran force training baton (see the Idaran Force Training Baton sidebar), engraved with the lengthy lineage and titles of its owner.

Bed 4:

an elegantly bound copy of the book Customs of Kasath, a gift traditionally given to a kasatha who has just completed the Tempering, a coming-of-age ritual. The nameplate inside identifies the copy as belonging to Yotto. Nestled inside the cover is a least photon crystal.

Overhead cabinets:

They're locked. Pass a DC 15 Engineering check or DC 15 strength check to open and check the spoiler below.
Spoiler:

There are three medkits inside, and nothing else.

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

X5 begins to search the beds and overhead cabinets for indications of the crew's status. The mundane items X5, collects so that we can bring the crew's belongings back to family members if we are unable to find them alive.

"I found a datapad. Attempting to access it for information." X5 opens the tier 2 computer and attempts to access the datapad.

Computers (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

if required because no one else is successful while I'm looking at the datapad

After anlyzing the data, X5 assists in opening the cabinets.

Engineering (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

Dataphiles

N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

Culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

Gideon sees no reason to waste resources, and collects the medkits in addition to the other items X5 has gathered. He takes of the photon crystal, too, and his hammer seems to gleam with darkness.

He offers up a spare battery for accessing the datapad.


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

Not enough battery power to open. Do you have a battery you can use?

If a battery is placed in the datapad:

Dataphiles

N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

I thought I did, but looking at my character sheet I realize my back-up weapon is in the projectile class and does not use a battery. Perhaps one of the others has one?

"Anyone have a spare battery?"

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

"I have a spare battery....something doesn't look good.

Dataphiles

N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

"That at least clarifies the situation," Gideon agrees, reading the entries. "The remnants of this Yotto must still be on the ship. I suggest that we make directly for the bridge to retrieve the data, as survivors are unlikely. But first!"

He hurries to fetch the special-looking baton from the sparring chamber, hoping that it is a force-baton.


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

Gideon grabs the force baton and starts waving it around:

[spoiler=Playing]
An Idaran force training baton is a 2nd-level uncategorized
basic melee weapon that deals 1d4 bludgeoning damage. The damage from this weapon counts as a force effect when wielded by a character with at least 12 Strength. Note, this does not mean the weapon deals force damage, only that it counts as a force effect for overcoming certain defenses such as incorporeal. It has the operative and powered (capacity 20, usage 1) special properties, it is light bulk, and it costs 400 credits.[/b]

Dataphiles

N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

"This will do. Let us make for the bridge with haste." Gideon does exactly that, pausing only to look over the door with momentary caution before opening it.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7 Map updated


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

Unfortunately the door is sealed shut. Looks like it lacks the power to open.

Dataphiles

N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

"Unfortunate. Perhaps we can jury-rig something in engineering." He takes a guess at where Idaran ships would have their power cores, and tries the door to the immediate left.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 map updated, trying the door by Gideon


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

Cracks mar the surface of this room’s western wall. A constant thrum of power is audible within the area, clearly emanating from an immense engine embedded into the northern wall. A standalone module sits opposite the only entrance to the room, but the thick cable that should connect it to the humming engine is irrevocably split. Three rectangular stacks of batteries fill the southern end of the engine room.

As if to remind you that there's a storm coming and time is of the essence, the lights flicker a bit as the Scholar's Struggle is in the path of the Etheric Storm.

South of the control module, several dead, brick-sized starship batteries are stacked on metal shelves. The topmost row is hooked up to an exposed power terminal labeled “Mess” with a black marker. Another power terminal is labeled “Bridge.” For whatever reason, the labels are in Common.

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

“I guess this is my cue that my skills are up next. Let me see what I can do to fix this.”

Engineering (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

X5 will attempt to repair power cord if possible. If not possible then reroute power to the bridge from charged batteries. If that isn’t possible the will attempt to charge batteries to make it possible. :)

Wayfinders

"Male" Android Operative (3) | SP 18 HP 22 | Init +4 | KAC 17, EAC 17 | Per +9

”HAH ... I knew we’d have to go here. Can I give you a hand X5?” Noble looks to assist where applicable. Many areas to focus on in engineering...

engineering: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

51 to 100 of 154 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Game Master S's "Cries from the Drift" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.