Game Master S's "Cries from the Drift" (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

TACTICAL MAP | Starfinder Ships | Ship Roles

Initiative:

[dice=The Knight of Tides]d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Noble-44]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Bud-33]d20+3[/dice]


1 to 50 of 154 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

Place your electronic marker here.


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

You start in Absalom Station’s Downlow district at the Exo-Guardians’ new headquarters, a recently renovated warehouse, where head of the faction, Zigvigix, summons you for a mission briefing....

We start tomorrow, but by all means, feel free to introduce yourselves. I'll give the briefing now as well so that people with boons can slot them.

An augmented host shirren watches a bustling crew move office equipment from several large pallets into a large warehouse, while other workers weld scrap metal to gaps in the warehouse’s walls. The shirren occasionally directs a crew member and makes a note on a datapad. The shirren, Zigvigix, notices their new guests and turns to telepathically project a greeting.

Star Sugar Heartlove!!! Boon:

Zigvigix wears a set of shoulder speakers that blast out sugarpop music from the band Strawberry Machine Cake. They bounce in place along to the music. “Welcome back! Isn’t this song the best? I’ve been playing it on loop for hours!” Behind the excited shirren, several grizzled-looking station workers, each carrying a side of a heavy-looking holotable, roll their eyes.

“Thanks for coming—I hope you’ll understand if I keep this brief; we’ve got a lot of work to do to get our new headquarters up and running, and you are on a short timetable. A ysoki salvage barge named the Clutter Collector, captained by a ysoki named Winks, picked up a distress-beacon transmission in the Drift. Winks didn’t have time to check it out, but she sold the data to the Society when she reached Absalom Station. How nice of her!"

“Well, it turns out that this beacon came from the Struggle’s Scholar, a kasathan ship that…” Zigvigix pauses for effect as their antennae wiggle excitedly. “…escaped from Sangoro’s Bulwark! If you don’t know, the Bulwark was the old base of operations for the Exo-Guardians. Now, First Seeker Luwazi wisely grounded us from investigating the Bulwark after all contact was lost with it shortly after the Scoured Stars incident, but we can’t pass up this opportunity to learn what happened there. We might even be able to find the coordinates to our missing headquarters. Wouldn’t it be joyous to have a large fortress to play loud music in?”

Zigvigix hands over a datapad. “Here are the coordinates of the distress signal. It is unlikely any of the crew survived, or they’d be here by now. So be on the lookout for bodies. Since the crew is mostly kasathas, it would mean a lot to their extended families if you could bring back their remains or keepsakes to the Idari! Otherwise, salvage any data you can—especially the ship’s log—as it could tell us what happened to Sangoro’s Bulwark. This datapad also holds a one-time-use decrypter that will let you decode the Exo-Guardians ciphers used on the distress signal. Good luck!”

"Oh, and you'll have to sign out a ship. It's up to you which frame you pick, either the There is no clearly superior choice for this mission. The Drake’s combat prowess might protect them from threats in the Drift, while the expanded logistical capabilities of the Pegasus could be useful in retrieving or interpreting data."

Dataphiles

N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

A dark man with a dark complexion hidden by dark armor and dark clothing speaks up with a deep baritone. "Sounds straightforward. For travel into the Drift, I prefer the Drake class."


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

A massive Vesk in resplendent armor stands among you. She, for it is obviously a female given her radiant coloration and larger than average size, wears armor bearing the markings of her clan and the accomplishments of many battles. The size of her cannon is only matched by the size of her doshko. You are quite certain that her addition to the team is not due to her intellectual or interpersonal skills.

Her voice is not as lizardlike as one might have expected. She has mastery of the common tongue, and she uses it loudly. "You must fear that there is danger on this mission, or else Obozaya would not be here. I think the ship with the bigger guns is always the better choice?"

Wayfinders

"Male" Android Operative (3) | SP 18 HP 22 | Init +4 | KAC 17, EAC 17 | Per +9

A voice with an elvish tone comes from the shadows ”Two pragmatic creatures... Savain has blessed me greatly! Always harder to bring a extra gun when you leave it at home. The rest can be dealt with as needed”. Noble-44 slides forward, joy on his face. His operative gear is dark, but you can still make out hundreds o obviously religious markings or arraignments.

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

A "new model" of android steps out of the shadows. "New," except for what appear to be recent healed scars.

"Obozaya, it seems like yesterday we saw each other." X5NSA looks to the other companions gathered... "it seems we are small in number for this assignment. I would recommend whichever ship might have automated functions, because after all, we can not be in two places at once. And given the two choices, the Pegasus with 1 good gunner..." X5 attempts a wink at Obozaya... "can take out anything with an exhaust pipe 2 meters wide."

During the monologue the group will notice a tracked droid keep pace with X5. One thing is very clear upon coming into visual range...there is a single mission the droid is prepared for...combat.

"Shirren...I too would love to know what happened to our headquarters and will gladly sign up for this mission. Please let me know any data codes we can use to expect on the Struggle Scholar computer systems." X5 takes the data pad and loads it into a portable computer to scan for the appropriate usage commands.

"Oh and I have the album but I'm still wondering why so many have flocked to the sound that the music makes. Do you have any information about this?"


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Obozaya nods her head, ”Geek! It is, indeed, good to see you again.”


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

"Excellent then, we'll get the ship ready. OH! It's just the mix, it hits all the right notes inside my ears and my skull!"

Another post forthcoming once I get to school.


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

"Now, do you have any questions before you head out?"

Some of you may know something about the Exo-Guardians and Sangoro’s Bulwark. already:

Culture DC 5:
A vesk named Sangoro founded the Exo-Guardians, which is an especially unusual fact, given the long hostilities between the Veskarium and the Pact Worlds. Many Starfinders initially did not trust him, even after he provided the Society with a huge fortress on a remote planet to operate out of. Sangoro later dedicated himself and his followers to protecting the Society from external threats, forming the Exo-Guardians faction within the Starfinder Society.

Culture DC 10:
The fortress Sangoro bequeathed to the Starfinder Society was the only structure on the planet. It was a massive edifice left by some forgotten race, with extensive
underground tunnels and storage vaults. The Exo-Guardians kept a large stockpile of equipment within the Bulwark, letting field agents on missions in the Vast access necessary items without traveling back to Absalom Station. Because of the importance of these resources, the exact coordinates of Sangoro’s Bulwark were kept from most Starfinders, and ships traveled to the location only by using encrypted flight plans.

Culture DC 15:

Shortly after the Scoured Stars incident led to the disappearance of most Starfinder Society field agents and leadership, an unknown force overwhelmed Sangoro’s Bulwark, and—until now—there have been no survivors or distress calls. With this attack, the Society’s data archives lost all information on the exact location of Sangoro’s Bulwark, with even nominated First Seeker Luwazi Elsebo bereft of such knowledge. Only the Society’s amalgam digital consciousness, Guidance, might know the location, but it has ignored all requests to provide the data.

Culture DC 20+:
Some rumors from the few Starfinders who visited the Bulwark before the fall report that the Drift and Material Plane space surrounding the area was prone to strange events. Exactly how these dangers manifest varies by each rumor, but it appears the space surrounding the Bulwark’s home system is prone to odd interplanar abnormalities. Starships are advised to carry powerful scanners to identify potential stellar hazards and bleeding between the planes.

Dataphiles

N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

Culture: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Gideon keeps his pitiful knowledge of Sangoro's Bulwark to himself.

Gideon makes a decent ship Captain, and a poor Gunner. He makes a poorer anything else.


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

Setting up. Will advance once ready.

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

X5 can fill the role of pilot, science, engineering, or weapons...probably in that order of preference


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

Feel free to ask any questions before going, but at the same time:

Captain: Gideon
Pilot: X5NSA
Science: TBD
Engineering: TBD
Gunner: TBD


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

I'm probably only good as a gunner. I could be a crappy pilot I suppose.

Which ship did we choose, and what are the stats for its turret?


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

You guys opted for the Drake.

Captain: Gideon
Pilot: X5NSA
Science: TBD
Engineering: TBD
Gunner: Obozaya

Noble-44 may do some bouncing between the remaining stations. So I'll advance and ping him.

Wayfinders

"Male" Android Operative (3) | SP 18 HP 22 | Init +4 | KAC 17, EAC 17 | Per +9

Engineer and/or Gunner are Noble’s forte ... I’d assume Engineering and 2nd gunner to our vesk


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

It takes 5d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 1, 3) = 13 days to make the journey through the Drift to the distress-signal location provided by the Clutter Collector. You depart alongside another Starfinder Society starship, a bulk freighter called the Promise of the Future. The freighter keeps communications open with your starship for as long as it can, though it splits off after only 2 days of Drift travel.

As you exit the Drift and close in on the location of the Struggle’s Scholar’s distress beacon, you detect a large field of roughly two dozen asteroids surrounding the source of the signal.

Mysticism or Physical Science DC 15:

You recognize these as chunks of obsidian likely native to the Elemental Plane of Earth and ripped here thanks to the use of a Drift engine.


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

Roger that, a 4d8 missile turret! I'm claiming one of the three +1s per round!!!


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

"You know, after a week in space, you humans begin to smell very bad. I think travelling with androids is far less strenuous on my nasal senses."

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

presuming piloting will get one of the remaining +1s per round. I vote a cage match between the captain and the engineer/science officer. :)

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

X5 puts the ship in "park" and shifts over to the science station. "Scanning asteroid field now."

Computers (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 1 = 20 ship's +1


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

X5NSA discovers that the interiors of these asteroids hold molten stone. Any weapons hitting them would cause them to detonate like a missile!

While relaying the information a red warning light engages. A vesk starship, approaches, heading toward the asteroid field at top speed. The ship is ablaze on either side with three bright-red thrusters, which are reminiscent of the energy blades of a plasma doshko,

Engineering DC 15:

The thruster emissions are decorative and not functional.

Mysticism DC 10:
These features are a representation of the symbol of Damoritosh, the vesk god of conquest, duty, and war.

The ship slows down, but does not hail you...

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

"Well let's hope they are friendly. Captain, do you care to engage them in parley?"

Since I'm already here. X5 scans the vesk starship.

Computers (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 9 + 1 = 15

And then proceeds back to the pilot's chair.

Wayfinders

"Male" Android Operative (3) | SP 18 HP 22 | Init +4 | KAC 17, EAC 17 | Per +9

Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

Noble-44, who wasn't paying very good attention to anyone for the moment notices the vesk ship and comments to himself outlet "Interesting.... The thrusters on the ship are, not real?"

Dataphiles

N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

"I think that would be prudent. Hail them and open a comm channel," Gideon's baritone booms over the ship's loudspeakers.

"Hailing unidentified vesk vessel. This is Starfinder Society exploration ship Mandrake. What is your purpose here?"


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

"GREETINGS! This is Captain Yuluzak of the Honorbound." The voice is clearly Vesk. Yuluzak takes a deep breath before continuing, as if he wants to explain a lot of things in a short period of uninterrupted time. "We are a vesk salvage ship scouring the Drift for finds important to the Veskarium. I admit that my directive is not the most glorious or honorable of missions, but the threat of the Swarm demands the Veskarium investigate all avenues of advancement to prepare against the next invasion! The Honorbound is mandated with finding anything of potential interest to the Veskarium, especially information on Pact World and kasathan starships. Having already determined the source of the signal, I must regretfully inform you that I cannot allow you to proceed with your salvaging mission. I recognize that you cannot back down and we must now battle over the beacon!" He seems excited at the thought, and not at all angry.

"As no one need be injured this day, I suggest we duel with some standard issue rules in place."

An incoming transmission lists the rules of engagement.

• The combatants will not intentionally target the life support
systems of their enemy.
• The combatants will abstain from targeting the rear arc—
warriors should face the enemy head on.
• Combat is over once an enemy starship is crippled.
• Each captain can surrender at any point during the duel.

"Do you accept?"

Exo-Guardians

Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

Shifts back to the computer station. "Perhaps we could negotiate with them that all we are interested in are bodies and data pads? The ship scraps the Vesk can have.

X5 bangs on the side of the science station computer terminal. "Is this thing on?" and attempts to rescan the Vesk ship.

Computers (C)(1): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 9 + 1 = 23

"Ahhh. getting a reading now captain. I'll pass you the tactical data on the Vesk ship once the scan is complete."

X5 will pass whatever the ship's computer scan relays and then get back into the pilot chair. Readying for a fight.

Dataphiles

N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

Gideon nods at X5's suggestion. "This is Captain Gideon McVey of the Mandrake. Our mission aligns with your own, and I suggest that we might cooperate today as the Veskarium and the Pact Worlds collaborated to defend against the Swarm. Two teams might uncover more of what happened aboard the stranded vessel than one alone." He pauses. "However, if you are not willing to offer access to the signal, my team is prepared to accept your terms of a duel and defeat you in combat."

Wayfinders

"Male" Android Operative (3) | SP 18 HP 22 | Init +4 | KAC 17, EAC 17 | Per +9

Noble waits for the communication to see so that he can’t he accidenlty heard. ”It’d be a very good idea to to launch missies now. I wish they didn’t seem so honorable, would make that idea more palatable. I realize that isn’t something we’re going to do... Savain’s directive is ‘When ever given the chance to strike an enemy, strike first’. He also holds that honor is for the dead. But unless you all have converted to the church, I shall support the captain’s command”


Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

”I’m happy to fire on them in an honorable duel, or an honest fight to the death. But those are Vesk out there, negotiating in good faith. I shall not attack treacherously.”


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

"MACTE! Excellent! Let us begin!" The transmission ends with a very upbeat sounding Vesk, ready to go!

I have used some streamlined rotational posts for ship combat for those who are new to my table. You'll pick it up pretty quickly methinks:


| Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

During the talk, you did get a scan of the Vesk ship:

  • Like you, the ship is running light. It's got a complement of 4, so some of the crew might be on double duty (or skipping a job entirely)
  • Medium Transport
  • Speed 8
  • Maneuverability is average

    Engineering
    Captain (Gideon): Orders?
    Science Officer (Noble-44): Action?
    Engineer (Noble-44): Action?

    Helm
    Pilot (X5NSA ): Piloting check. If you don't beat this roll, execute your turn: Piloting: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 1 = 11

    Gunnery
    Gunner 1 (Obozaya): TBD
    Gunner 2 : TBD

    GM:

  • Wayfinders

    "Male" Android Operative (3) | SP 18 HP 22 | Init +4 | KAC 17, EAC 17 | Per +9

    Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

    Noble becomes a blur as he ”Let’s make a good first impression. Diverting power the the weapons.”

    Any damage roll of 1 becomes a 2

    Exo-Guardians

    Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

    Pilot check for initiative

    Piloting (C)(1): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 1 = 13

    Yeah. Move first Vesk ;)


    Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

    Racist


    | Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

    Noble-44 gives the weapons a boost!

    The vesk ship heads straight towards a large opening in the asteroid field! They don't seem to target you yet....

    Engineering
    Captain (Gideon): Orders?
    Science Officer (Noble-44): NA
    Engineer (Noble-44): Weapons boost

    Helm
    Pilot (X5NSA ): Fly!

    Gunnery
    Gunner 1 (Obozaya): Fire!
    Gunner 2 : TBD

    GM:

    Exo-Guardians

    Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

    more like elitist given Vesk are a warmongering race. ;)
    "Let slip the dogs of war!"

    Evade Piloting check DC = 13

    updated FAQ:
    For the evade stunt, the DC of the Piloting check equals 10 + 1-1/2 times your starship's tier.

    Piloting (C)(1): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 = 15

    X5 successfully burns the thrusters to take maximum advantage of maneuverability and cover. +2 bonus to AC and TL until next round

    Dataphiles

    N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

    "Hmph," Gideon grunts in disappointment. He abandons the captain's seat and hurries to the forward coilgun's controls, leaving the heavier turret missiles to Obozaya.

    Coilgun @ Honorbound: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
    Damage: 4d4 ⇒ (2, 2, 1, 3) = 8

    Long range, so first range increment.


    Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

    Turret Missiles: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 = 174d8 ⇒ (7, 2, 4, 7) = 20

    I dunno how to account for range? Or how missiles work? KoT did 9 damage, that 1 is a 2. If I hit, 20 more damage has gotta hurt!

    Exo-Guardians

    Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

    high explosive missile launcher = pg 302 has a speed of 12. so as long as the target is within 12 then it is the same. our target is range 11

    Dataphiles

    N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

    Oops, yeah 9 damage from me thanks to Noble.

    Range increment for the missile launcher is long (20 hexes), and the missiles move at a speed of 12. So they hit this round, assuming the 17 is good enough.


    | Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

    Indeed it is. Real life chores to do before I can make a big post, but ought to get to this at some point today. Solid rolls, solid play. This is my 3rd or 4th PbP of starship combat, and it's getting easier each time. I think I can do even better by putting the stats for the guns on the handout for the Starfinder ships.


    | Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

    Sorry everyone! I won't let this get away from me again (prepping for midterms is hellish.

    X5NSA pulls some fancy maneuvers, setting up a good angle for the coming confrontation.

    With the crew functioning well, Gideon jumps up and fires the coil gun, scoring a hit on the Vesk bow. It looks like the shields protected it though.

    When the missiles hit, it's clear that little of the shields were left. It's a direct and powerful hit!

    Engineering
    Captain (Gideon): Orders?
    Science Officer (Noble-44): Action?
    Engineer (Noble-44): Action?

    Helm
    Pilot (X5NSA ): Piloting check. If you don't beat this roll, execute your turn: Piloting: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 1 = 16

    Gunnery
    Gunner 1 (Obozaya): TBD
    Gunner 2 : TBD

    GM:

    Forward Shields: 0
    Hull: 19 Damage


    | Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

    My tactical map is messed up ATM. I can see the full map in the preview pain, but only the outlines in the regular. Looking into it.

    Dataphiles

    N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

    "X5! Keep us pointed at the same quadrant! Their shields are getting wrecked on the bow!"

    Encourage DC 17: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 failure


    Female Vesk Soldier SP 4/8 | HP 13/13 | RP 4/4 | EAC 14 KAC 16 | Fort +3 Ref +3, Will +2 | init +7

    Obozaya continues to launch missiles from the rack at their worthy opponent...

    Obozaya's Gunnery:

    Turret Missiles: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 104d8 ⇒ (1, 1, 8, 8) = 18

    Wayfinders

    "Male" Android Operative (3) | SP 18 HP 22 | Init +4 | KAC 17, EAC 17 | Per +9

    "It worked the first time, lets continue with... this?” Noble continues to route power to the weapon systems.

    Engineering: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

    And found a couple extra CPU cycles to push into the system.

    Any damage roll of 1 becomes a 2

    Exo-Guardians

    Android Mechanic / Ace Pilot / 2 | LN | SP 6/12; HP 16; RP 5 | EAC 15; KAC 16; | Fort +3; Ref +4; Will +0 | Init +2; Percept +5

    Pilot check for initiative:

    Piloting (C)(1): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 1 = 10
    "The ship is getting squirrely and not being very responsive. Trying to find a defensible position."

    Evade Pilot check = DC 13

    Spoiler:
    Piloting (C)(1): 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 7 + 1 = 27 "Captain, I think I have found the perfect spot for the defense and will put us in a good targeting location in a few seconds."


    | Dead Suns | King Xeros of Star Azlant | Ship Roles |

    This time the Vesk seize on the opportunity. The pathfinder ship works the field to its advantage, but it's not all about just fancy piloting. It's aft gyro laser fires! ATK: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10, but the shot goes wide. Unfortunately, so does the Starfinders'.

    Engineering
    Captain (Gideon): Orders?
    Science Officer (Noble-44): Action?
    Engineer (Noble-44): Action?

    Helm
    Pilot (X5NSA ): Piloting check. If you don't beat this roll, execute your turn: Piloting: 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 1 = 22

    Gunnery
    Gunner 1 (Obozaya): TBD
    Gunner 2 : TBD

    GM:

    Computers: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
    Forward Shields: 4 Port/Starboard: 6, Aft: 10
    Hull: 19 Damage

    Dataphiles

    N Spacefarer Solarian 3 SP 3/24 HP 25/25 RP 4/4 | EAC 13 KAC 15 | F+4 R+1 W+3 | Init+0 | Perc+4 SM+4 | Speed 25 ft

    "Bring us about!" Encourage X5 DC 17: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

    +2 to X5 on the Piloting check.

    1 to 50 of 154 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Game Master S's "Cries from the Drift" All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.