GM WhtKnt's Darkness Within: A Carrion Crown Adventure Path

Game Master WhtKnt

From the whispering shadows of haunted Ustalav an ancient evil rises to grip the world in a new age of horror!

Amid the mists of this land of dark superstition and dread secrets stand both those who would defy the return of evil and those who would seek its terrible favor. Can the heroes discern their allies from their enemies in time to save a tortured realm from a tyrant’s return? Pathfinder’s darkest and most frightening campaign ever sets the heroes against the agents of Golarion’s most notorious villain, the Whispering Tyrant, in a terrifying trek across a land of lurking horror and ancient mysteries.

Roll20 site

Cassiel Hawke: HP 12/28; AC 17/10/17; F+7 R+3 W+4; Init +2
Lorant Endronil: HP 19/19; AC 16/11/15; F+3 R+2 W+5; Init +5
Eleanora Olexina: HP 27/22; AC 13/12/11; F+3 R+3 W+6/+8; Init +2
Judah Locke HP 23/18; AC 15/12/13; F+1 R+3 W+3; Init +2


2,551 to 2,576 of 2,576 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>

Male Dhampir Vampire Hunter 3 | HP 13/19
Stats:
AC 16, T 11, FF 15; Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +5; Perception +8

"It's a good thing we can't really use weapons on the Splatter Man." Lorant replies.

I love how we're more annoyed by this than scared! XD

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Cassiel strikes at the ooze again, apparently without effect save to carve away another small part of it. It swings another pseudopod at Cassiel, but again misses the paladin.

Party is up!

Ooze: -23 hp

Dice Rolls:
Ooze vs. Cassiel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8 bludgeoning plus 1d6 ⇒ 3 acid plus grab


LoH: 0/3|Male Human (Chelaxian) Paladin of Iomedae 3|HP: 28/28|AC: 17/10/17|Saves: +7 Fort, +3 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +2|Perc: +5

Cassiel swings his sword again.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Damage?: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

"Why does it feel like I'm fighting curdled milk?"


Male Dhampir Vampire Hunter 3 | HP 13/19
Stats:
AC 16, T 11, FF 15; Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +5; Perception +8

Lorant takes another swing at the ooze with his morningstar!

Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9


HP 18/18, TempHP: 5, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3, Spells, 1st 3/4, Summon 7/7. ACTIVE EFFECTS: Mage Armor

Judah fires his crossbow at the ooze.

Ranged Attack, into melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 - 4 = 4

He had to jerk his shot to avoid his allies and missed completely.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Lorant, Cassiel, and Judah attack the ooze, the first two doing more damage against it, but it does not seem to be hampered by the damage. Both Cassiel and Lorant's weapon corrode slightly. The ooze tries again with a pseudopod against Cassiel, but again misses.

The party is up!

Ooze HP: -41

Dice Rolls:
Ooze vs. Cassiel: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 plus 1d6 ⇒ 6 acid


LoH: 0/3|Male Human (Chelaxian) Paladin of Iomedae 3|HP: 28/28|AC: 17/10/17|Saves: +7 Fort, +3 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +2|Perc: +5

Cassiel grumbles and swings again.

Power Attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (13) + 6 = 19
Damage?: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6


Male Dhampir Vampire Hunter 3 | HP 13/19
Stats:
AC 16, T 11, FF 15; Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +5; Perception +8

Lorant joins him, hoping to finish this fight sometime today.

Morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 81d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


HP 18/18, TempHP: 5, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3, Spells, 1st 3/4, Summon 7/7. ACTIVE EFFECTS: Mage Armor

Judah reloaded with shaking hands and fired again. "C'mon..."

Ranged attack, into melee: 1d20 + 4 - 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 - 4 = 8
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 6

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Cassiel's blow hits home and the ooze ceases to move.

Combat Over!


Male Dhampir Vampire Hunter 3 | HP 13/19
Stats:
AC 16, T 11, FF 15; Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +5; Perception +8

"Finally!" Lorant says. He immediately looks over his damaged sword to see how bad it is.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

The sword is pitted and will require a little loving care, but it isn't too bad.


Male Dhampir Vampire Hunter 3 | HP 13/19
Stats:
AC 16, T 11, FF 15; Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +5; Perception +8

"Well, at least it'll still be serviceable. I did plan on picking up a cold iron and silver weapon in the future, but it's a good thing it's still serviceable for the time being."

He takes a look around, trying to re-orient themselves before continuing on.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Lorant finds nothing of interest in this chamber but follows the corridor on the opposite wall. When he comes to a blank wall, he searches for what he is sure must be there and is rewarded when he finds the seam of a secret door. Opening it, the group enters into a large cell, the door of which is closed.


Male Dhampir Vampire Hunter 3 | HP 13/19
Stats:
AC 16, T 11, FF 15; Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +5; Perception +8

"Of course there's secret doors in here," Lorant says as he finds the door.

He takes a closer look at the cell, careful not to enter until he knows what he's getting into. He didn't want a repeat of the iron maiden incident so soon.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

The cell appears empty. There is a door opposite the secret door, on the south wall.


HP 18/18, TempHP: 5, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3, Spells, 1st 3/4, Summon 7/7. ACTIVE EFFECTS: Mage Armor

"Wonderful," Judah complained, happily letting Lorant take point. "Hopefully this will take us to the last of these psycho ghosts. I really do not want to have to go back and search every wall of this place to look for more hidden doors."


Male Dhampir Vampire Hunter 3 | HP 13/19
Stats:
AC 16, T 11, FF 15; Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +5; Perception +8

Lorant nods.

"My thoughts exactly, Judah. Could you please attend to the door? It's probably locked."


HP 18/18, TempHP: 5, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3, Spells, 1st 3/4, Summon 7/7. ACTIVE EFFECTS: Mage Armor

Judah gave the door a quick sweep, checking for hazards and to see if it was locked.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Disable Device: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

The door to the cell is open and there appear to be no traps or other secrets.


Male Dhampir Vampire Hunter 3 | HP 13/19
Stats:
AC 16, T 11, FF 15; Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +5; Perception +8

When Judah gives the all-clear, Lorant opens the door and steps through it.

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

You step into an oubliette, like the others that you have visited, save that this one is filled with water.

Lorant:
You notice tiny droplets of blood welling up on the walls.

I need for everyone to make a Will save, please.

GM Screen:
Cassiel Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11
Lorant Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23 (low-light vision, darkvision)
Eleanora Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8
Judah Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


LoH: 0/3|Male Human (Chelaxian) Paladin of Iomedae 3|HP: 28/28|AC: 17/10/17|Saves: +7 Fort, +3 Ref, +4 Will|Init: +2|Perc: +5

Will Save?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Welp.


Male Dhampir Vampire Hunter 3 | HP 13/19
Stats:
AC 16, T 11, FF 15; Fort +1, Ref +4, Will +5; Init +5; Perception +8

Lorant stiffens as he smells blood.

"Blood. Too fresh to be natural in this place. I think we've found the Splatter Man."

Will Save: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18


HP 18/18, TempHP: 5, AC 15, Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3, Spells, 1st 3/4, Summon 7/7. ACTIVE EFFECTS: Mage Armor

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

Dark Archive

Roll20 Maps: Borderlands 1 || Borderlands 2 || Carrion Crown || Forge of Heroes || Skull & Shackles || Mad Mage of Undermountain ||Weird War I

Sorry, guys. Things got busy here, but I'm back, though I think that we lost Eleanora.

A "C" appears in blood on the wall.

Cassiel:
It's probably no coincidence that you suffer 2 points of Wisdom damage at the same time.

2,551 to 2,576 of 2,576 << first < prev | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Darkness Rising All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.