GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand

Game Master Tarondor

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Brandor]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+8[/dice] But blind beyond 30'
[dice=Uhe]1d20+11[/dice]

Initiatives:

Initiatives
[dice=Brandor]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Uhe]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Maffei]1d20+6[/dice]

DRAGON'S DEMAND MAPS

MAP OF BELHAIM
The Tale of Tula and Aeteperax and the History of Belhaim


401 to 450 of 3,285 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>

Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Valena moves to put her back against the wall. She tries to determine what the spell is.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


Valena:
It's summon monster I.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"There's another creature about to show up in this room. Be ready!


Eliastra, Zatial, go!

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli stands readied with her bow for a target to come into view.

Until there is a target, Eli doesn't have another action.

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Listening, Zatial tries to understand the spell that the imp is trying to cast.
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Zatial:
It's summon monster I.

Zatial, do you have an action to take?


Zatial holds his action, just like Eliastra.

Suddenly, in a puff of smoke and the smell of sulfur, a hellish beetle the size of a dog appears and tries to bite Eliastra, though she steps back out of its way.

Fiendish Fire Beetle and Smite v. Eliastra: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 1 + 2 = 91d4 ⇒ 3

Just then, the imp appears again, slashing Zatial with its long tail.

Imp's tail and Flanking v. Zatial's Flatfooted AC: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 8 + 2 = 131d4 ⇒ 3

Initiative Order
Zatial (bless (+1 attack rolls)) (3 damage, poisoned?)
Thorny (bless (+1 attack rolls))
Valena (bless (+1 attack rolls))
Eliastra (bless (+1 attack rolls))
Imp (10 damage)

Zatial, give me a DC 13 Fortitude save vs. poison!

Zatial, Valena and Elisatra, go!


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val fires another sling bullet at the imp. She's so shocked at the beetle that she misses entirely.

Sling: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 + 1 = 4
Damage Aligned Ammo: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

As he hustles down the hallway, compelled to carry out a task he knows as a fool's errand, Thorny rips the bandanna off his scalp exposing a large "C" melted into his forehead. His face a mask of agony, he turns another corner and begins to weep.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli steps back and fires that shot at the imp, glad she waited it out.

Ranged Attack, bless, PBR: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 22
Damage, alchemically treated, PBR: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Zatial Fortitude save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12 Fail.

Dex Loss: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Saving his spells, Zatial shifts to one side and releases a force missile, but it simply blasts loose stone from the ceiling, missing the imp entirely. Valena's bullet also misses, but Eliastra's aim is true. Her arrow strikes hard at the little imp.

Ranged Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6 Fail.

Imp's tail v. Zatial's AC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 111d4 ⇒ 4
Beetle v. Zatial's AC: 1d20 + 8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 8 + 2 = 161d4 ⇒ 3

The imp closes in and stabs Zatial with its poisoned tail just as its beetle servant bites the wizard on the leg!

Initiative Order
Zatial (bless (+1 attack rolls)) (10 damage, poisoned, -2 Dex)
Thorny (bless (+1 attack rolls))
Valena (bless (+1 attack rolls))
Eliastra (bless (+1 attack rolls))
Imp (14 damage)

Zatial, give me another DC 13 Fortitude save vs. poison!

Zatial, Valena and Elisatra, go!

Thorny, you can give me orders too, but your first action is to move 10' north. That's when you're released from the suggestion

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli moves to get a clear shot, and then takes it.

Ranged Attack, bless, PBR: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 7
Damage, alchemically treated, PBR: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val flings another sling bullet at the imp. She almost hits Zatial.

Sling: 1d20 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 1 - 4 = 2
Damage, Alchemically Treated: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny runs up toward the pile of rubble when the icy grip that seized his ability to make decisions is released. The feeling of helplessness melts away and is replaced by a mix of shame, fury, and rage. His tears gone, he wraps the bandanna around his palms and his face becomes flushed red, highlighting white the scar tissue that forms the coward's "C." He turns about and bounds back from whence he came with a guttural roar.

Thorny runs back to the room.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

"Nice to see you're back with us, Thorny."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

By my calculations, it will be a round or two!


Yeah, as long as it took him to go out. Thorny's got a 20' movement.

As Eliastra and Valena battle the imp, Zatial flees the front line, moving to be in the corner near Valena.

The little devil and its fire beetle ally move forward to attack Eliastra. The beetle misses and disappears in a puff of acrid smoke, but the imp's tail slices across her midsection, oozing poison!

Imp's tail v. Eliastra's AC: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 201d4 ⇒ 2
Beetle v. Eliastra's AC: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 131d4 ⇒ 3

Initiative Order
Zatial (bless (+1 attack rolls)) (10 damage, poisoned, -2 Dex)
Thorny (bless (+1 attack rolls))
Valena (bless (+1 attack rolls))
Eliastra (bless (+1 attack rolls)) (2 damage, poisoned?)
Imp (14 damage)

Eliastra, give me a DC 13 Fortitude save vs. poison!

Everyone, go!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny continues to wind his way through the halls as fast as he possibly can.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

"Grrr. You are going to pay, little demon-spawn!"

Eli readies another arrow for when the imp re-appears.


The beetle disappeared. The Imp is still right there.

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Fort Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Zatial is at zero HP... sorry my memory is fading as fast as my life points... is there a healing potion?


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val reaches out to touch Zatial. She casts Cure Light Wounds. Then she moves closer to the sounds of battle.

CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Feeling full of vigor, Zatial unleashes a bolt of magic at the imp.
Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Thanks Valena, I was hoping that today will not be the day that my light faded.


Eliastra?

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Ack! I miss read the post and thought the imp disappeared, and even though you clearly tried to explain it to me, I was blithely unaware that you were waiting on my shot... sorry!

Eli steps back from the dangerous imp and fires another prepared arrow, hoping he will drop soon.

Ranged Attack, bless, PBR: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 7
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Doh!


Eliastra toughs out the devil's poison and as Valena heals Zatial, the sorcerer fires off a bolt of force, striking the little imp.

"Auugh!" growls the imp. "You insufferable mortals will pay for this! You'll rue the day you refused to bow to Harzogopas the Cruel!" With that, he disappears in a noxious cloud of fire and brimstone, leaving you alone in the chamber. Moments later, Thorny hustles in, breathless, his polearm in hand.

COMBAT OVER!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Eyes wild, Thorny scans the room for the status of his comrades. He squeezes his eyes shut hangs his head. After a moment, Thorny fumbles for his bandanna and places it back on his head, covering the branded C.

"I'm... sorry, everyone." He clears his throat.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

"Don't worry. I suspect we will be seeing this little monster again."


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"I'm sure it will be back. Blasted imp. Shall we keep looking in this room or move on?" Val casts detect magic on the room from right to left.


Valena detects no magic in the room other than what you brought in yourselves.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Let's go then."

I don't see any other doors we haven't opened. Where else can we explore?"


It's been awhile, but I'll remind you that the imp did mention a secret door...


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

I remember, but I got the impression it didn't actually exist.

Vedia takes the chance that there actually is a secret door, and starts to examine the walls carefully. She keeps using Detect Magic.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Your various searches have been low. Case in point...

Valena finds nothing of note.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Seeing Valena checking walls, Eli starts searching as well.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (18) + 8 = 26


After some time, Eliastra notes something strange on the east wall and soon locates a secret door!

MAP

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eliastra opens the door to see where it leads.


The door creaks open, decades of rust slowing the hinges. Beyond is a dark and narrow corridor leading left into shadow...


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Well the little creep wasn't lying after all." She moves forward toward taking her place toward the center of the group.


He was lying about having a key...

Map updated

Are you taking any precautions or making any preparations?

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli will ready her bow, and follow Thorny in.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val loads her sling with a aligned bullet. "Let's go."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny leads his comrades down the corridor with his shield up and glaive out.

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Zatial arms his crossbow and cautiously follows behind his comrades.
This little Imp is full of lies and misdirection. I trust nothing in these ruins. How long do you think this monster lived below us? And for what end? the elf whispers while the party moves long the secret hallway.


Moving carefully to the next corner, the team sees another long hallway with a turn at the end.

Please move your tokens on the map.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val moves down the hallway. She keeps Detect Magic going as she does.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny creeps down the hallway until he gets to a doorway. He stops, motions for quiet, and listens.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 8


The floor drops away here as the corridor turns east, though a seven-inch-wide ledge continues along the south wall. The walls are very smooth, offering few handholds. The remainder of the passageway is filled with a five-foot-deep trough filled with foul-smelling, thick green sludge.

A slippery raised walkway stand just above the sludge, allowing easier transit.

The lever you pulled earlier (in the secret room with the lightning elemental) raised the walkway. It's a DC 7 Acrobatics check to cross instead of a DC 25

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eliastra takes her time moving carefully on the walkway.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

401 to 450 of 3,285 << first < prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.