GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand

Game Master Tarondor

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Brandor]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+8[/dice] But blind beyond 30'
[dice=Uhe]1d20+11[/dice]

Initiatives:

Initiatives
[dice=Brandor]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Uhe]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Maffei]1d20+6[/dice]

DRAGON'S DEMAND MAPS

MAP OF BELHAIM
The Tale of Tula and Aeteperax and the History of Belhaim


601 to 650 of 3,321 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val takes what she can, and follows Eli. "Behold the returning heros. The town should be really happy to see us."


Hold on. There is another tunnel leading north. It looks like it is a fresh addition.


Guys and gals? Who moved all the shapes off the map? That's not cool.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Not I. Is tunnel something we can see?

If we can see the tunnel:
""Eli want to check out the tunnel before we leave? Maybe we can finally take care of that Imp once and for all."


Yep. I referenced it here.

The tunnel appears to be newly-made. It can be seen on the map as well.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Let's head down the tunnel. Thorny lead the way."


A pair of low barricades made of timbers and rocks partially block the passageway, which opens into a larger cave beyond.

DC 5 Climb checks to cross the barriers.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

"Yes, I would like to end that imp, but why don't we haul our find up to town and rest and regroup."

It looks like we are now down to two, so let's go regroup in town and see if we can come back a bit stronger. I hate to meta-game, but at least getting Little Liam on board is best done now, before we delve deeper, right? Also, I missed the thing about the objects on the map - what was that?


I cover the unvisited portions of the map with gray shapes. I found they had all been moved aside and the map revealed. Just a new guy mistake. No big deal.

If you guys want to retreat, I'm okay with that. I don't think you're down to two, though. You have three PCs and one NPC.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val thinks about it for a few seconds, "I'm fine with resting and regrouping. Let's head back."


Okay!

Beaten but unbowed, you back out of the strange catacomb, returning to the surface as the sun reaches high into the sky over the town of Belhaim. A few villagers loitering on the road point and gasp as you re-emerge from the ruin of the Witch Tower.

"Yeah. That blew," says Zatial. "Aaaaand I'm leaving. Good luck to you, but I'm going before our Baroness gets us all killed. I suggest the three of you do likewise!" `

He then leaves, heading up the road as fast as he can.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

"Well, I guess he wasn't ready for adventure, but hey - you would have thought he would have taken his share of this treasure."

Do we have enough to get some potions, or even a wand of CLW? Eli would also like to do some research on imps to see what is best to kill or capture one.


You should really count your haul.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Come to my room next to the Alchemist's store. We'll count our loot there." She leads everyone to her small room to see what they have brought out of the tower.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli drags what she can carry, and follows Valena. Then she starts taking inventory.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny bids Zatial a hearty farewell as he turns to beat a hasty path up the road. He stows his shield on his back and turns to the others. "Hate to leave business unfinished, but this was perhaps the safer option." He glances at the containers of loot. "Yeah, best we count this in private and discuss." He trails his comrades back to Valena's place.


The chests contain the following treasure: 18,500 cp, 4,000 sp, 115 gp, 14 pp, and a teak case containing 30 gems. The gems and case are worth a grand total of 800 gp.

Your total haul is worth 1640 gp.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

"Whew! That's a lot of money. Split it 4 ways?"


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Yes let's do that. Maybe we can catch Zatial before he gets too far. If we can't find him, then let's split it three ways."

I'm happy to split it four ways with our new player to keep everyone on even footing. Unless the GM lowered the gold because we were splitting it three ways.


Nope! The resolution is in your hands.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

"Four ways, it is. But I am not chasing down Zatial, so if he doesn't come back, we can decide what to do with his share." Like give it to the new player :)

OK, so we have some cash. Did Eli find any information on how to hurt an imp?


Where does she propose to do her research? See the Belhaim locations on the Campaign Info tab.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

There are two temples. One to Abadar and one to Sheyln.

She carefully divides the funs between the three remaining party memebers. Leaving a pile for Zatial. "That sounds like a good idea. He may never come back. Let's give him a couple of months to change his mind. I can hide the money here if you want me to."

Once everyone has gathered up their share she asks, "Ready to go to the Inn for dinner? I'll bet we can get a free dinner for a good dungeon story."


Sister Eupaphenia of Abadar offers to reveal the secret to you for a donation of 25 gold crowns. Brother Nilos Genser of Shelyn knows little of the truth about devils.

At the Wise Piper Inn, Talia Orem approaches, setting a tray of drinks down in front of you. Valena's instincts are right and half the town is gathered to hear what you found under the Witch Tower.

"Well, what's down there?" asks the Town Crier, Otho Burr.

"Was there magic? Kobolds? What?" echoes Lorna Kandos, the weaver.

Little Liam, you're present in the inn at this time! Welcome!


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

The little Halfling takes note of the returning crew, raising a mug of very watered-down ale that he was able to convince Talia to allow him to nurse.

Seeing the patrons start to gather, Liam's curiosity is piqued as well, and he hops down from the stool and makes his way to the table, politely (in his mind) excusing himself for advancing to make a spot for himself right up front.

"First real stories in some time, I bet!" he says, looking up at to Otho.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli gives Sister Eupaphenia a donation of 50 gold, both for the secret and to make a temple friend.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (16) + 0 = 16


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val grabs an ale and takes a seat. "We didn't see kobolds in the depths. There was an imp. I'm going to get him one of these days. You just wait and see. I'll come back victorious. There was some kind of automaton who wanted a key. It took forever to find it, and several dead creatures that still walked wanted our heads."

Zatial decided to leave us. He could't take the stress of the place. We still aren't finished exploring." she gives the room at large a wink at least the thirty feet of the room she can see, "Anyone brave enough to join us?"


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

"Sounds dangerous. From the stories I've heard, Imps are no bigger than me, how did it escape you?"

Liam takes a drag of his watered-down ale, as a thought enters his mind... could I go with them? I've got nothing here now, just... well, friends that are starting to distance from me because of Selia.

Maybe this goo stuff could be helpful, and I could get some acceptance again.


The crowd looks around to see if anyone will join. None of the locals raise their hand except for one small boy of about twelve, who flaps his arm back and forth until his mother forcefully puts it down for him.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val gives the young man a wink. "Jeb not you. Your Mama needs you to help with the milking. No one? I guess we're going to have to wait for another adventurer to arrive or head back down with just the three if us." She tries to look sad, but there's a twinkle in her eye. "I'm sure there's treasure down there. It's ancient."


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Ancient treasure? Here? Liam presumptively sets his mug on the table of the group and steadies himself, ”I think I would like to go with you. There is some bit of magic erupting within me that I am only beginning to master that could be useful -- and my small size could be a bonus.”

Liam has already prepared for the laughter and derision of the Inn patrons that he thinks may come with his statement… but sets his jaw firm in determination.


Can you please include Liam's race in your stat line?


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val gives the small one a look. "Magic eh? We've lost our magic user. He's the one who couldn't take the danger. Are you braver than him?"


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

His cherubic face is very difficult to take serious, but Liam's tone is unmistakable, "Absolutely. Umm, when do you say you are going back? I'd need to gather some things first..."

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

"You might want to bring some torches too. Let's rest for the night and meet back here in the morning?"

Eli would like to heal up, so she will try to find a healer. If they can provide some potions or scrolls for healing, she will donate an appropriate amount to acquire them nice like.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"I agree that we need to rest. Young man, what's your name? I'm Val. That's Eli, and Thorney is around here somewhere. Meet us here in the morning for breakfast, and we'll talk about what we need before we head out."

"Val I still have some healing spells left. I'll heal you before we head out tonight."

Channel X2: 2d6 ⇒ (5, 5) = 10


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

A smile beams across Liam’s face at the ready acceptance, ”Liam, ma’am. Liam Hoffsteens, some around here call me Little Liam. I was a cobbler with Mr. Gorendal before he decided it was best he work alone, umm… You might have heard of my trouble here with Selia?” Liam looks a bit nervous as he brings it up, ”I just want you to know that was a mistake, a fluke. I’m much better now, sort of tamed the ability to do it when I want instead of by accident. Val, Eli and Thorny… Good. So... is your, well, our goal right now to locate Hunclay underneath everything?”


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"We'll we were to figure out if anyone is alive in the place. So far we haven't found anyone, and we've gone fairly deep into the place. It seems to be a forgotten prison of some sort."


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

"Find survivors, right. I will meet you for breakfast, then."

Liam goes off outside to take in the night air for a bit, mulling over the days events and what the future may hold; then running through a mental checklist. After about an hour, he returns to bed down for the night.

Arises around dawn, organizes his equipment for the expedition, then goes downstairs awaiting the others for breakfast.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli spends some time buying more arrows to replenish her supply, and then uses the 2 packets of silver blanch to coat 20 arrows. That imp isn't getting away next time.

Recovered 1 hp for night of rest.

The next morning, she arrives at the tavern to meet up with the others.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Eli: Val would run through her chanels before we sleep. You got 10HP back.

Val arrives the next morning ready to go. "How did everyone sleep? She looks like she's ready to take on the dungeon again.


What happened to my post? Eliastra, Sister Eupaphania reveals to you that while imps are very minor devils, they are also very resilient. They can be killed only with silver weapons or weapons blessed by a god. Moreover, they are unharmed by any form of fire, poison, acid or coldness. She thinks you might be able to commission weapons made of silver, or that Xemne's Tonics might be able to help you silver your weapons. Eupaphania could bless your weapons, but the blessing lasts only minutes.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli thanks the sister for her help, and fills the others in on the information.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Aren't those key daggers silver? We can give that to Thorney. I'll get some silver weapon blanch for some sling bullets. I can't wait to surprise that evil little thing this time."

She'll get some weapon blanch and prepare 20 sling bullets with the blanch.


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

Liam gets his gear from upstairs, puts on a serious face, and (believes) he is quite ready to start this new facet of his life.

Coming downstairs, he waves to Talia as he meets the group, "Not sure if we'll be back before supper, but I sure hope so."

@Val "I slept very well, thank you. Ready to take on what the day holds for us?"


Valena Lasca wrote:
"Aren't those key daggers silver?

Are they?


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

After a search for the word silver, I guess not. I must have not remembered correctly. I'm not planning on stabbing him so lots of weapon blanched sling bullets should work just fine. :)

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny's heavy footsteps plod down the stairs in the morning. Stretching and yawning simultaneously, "I just went upstairs last night to clean up and next thing I know, I'm waking up to that bloody cockerell outside." He glances down at the halfling at the table. "Hello there. Are you to be our new compatriot?" Extending his hand, "I'm Wilham Thornbriar. My friends call me Thorny." He grins, the sunshine revealing teeth of various discolorations, "I'm the brawn of the group because I'm not pretty enough to be the face." He squats on a stool and orders a hearty breakfast. To Liam, "You ever hear of the Battle at Squatback Ridge?" Winking, "I was there!"


. Halfling Sorcerer 4 | AC:16| T:16 |FF:13 (+3 Dex, +1 Sz, +2 Deflection) HP 26 / 26 | Percep +2 | Fort+4 Ref+5 Will+5 |Init+3 .

"Ahh! So you're Thorny. Pleased to meet you. I'm Liam Hoffsteens, some around here call me Little Liam."

Taken a little aback by the discolored smile, Liam continues, "Not really familiar with warfare hereabouts, sorry, but I imagine we're fortunate to have a veteran with us, eh? I'm here to lend whatever assistance I am able to the... the... venture we are on together.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val wanders in, and clasps Thony on the shoulder. "We need to get some silver weapons for you. We're going to get that imp for sure this time." she gives a big smile. "Yeah I know, you are tired of hearing about it. That thing just makes me so mad."

She takes a seat and begins to eat a good breakfast. "Liam tell us about yourself. I'm sort of a healer, Eli is an archer and Thorny hits stuff. What do you bring to the party?" She's friendly and it's clear she's just trying to figure out what skills you bring.

601 to 650 of 3,321 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.