GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand

Game Master Tarondor

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Brandor]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+8[/dice] But blind beyond 30'
[dice=Uhe]1d20+11[/dice]

Initiatives:

Initiatives
[dice=Brandor]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Uhe]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Maffei]1d20+6[/dice]

DRAGON'S DEMAND MAPS

MAP OF BELHAIM
The Tale of Tula and Aeteperax and the History of Belhaim


501 to 550 of 3,321 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny stands guard over the intricate activity.


Clinging to the door makes opening it difficult, but after thirty seconds or so, the pit doors begin slowly to close beneath her, eventually lifting her feet as she pops the lock and opens the door!

A single iron lever protrudes from the wall next to the door in this otherwise empty chamber’s west wall. To the east, a ten-foot-wide hallway curves to the north.

As soon as Eliastra opens the door, a whirring, clicking being steps into view. It is a three-legged, four armed metal being. In a tinny voice it says “Please present the crest for passage.”

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny paces forward into the room and braces himself for battle. "I don't think we have what it's looking for," he mutters to his comrades.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val moves into the room once the doorway is open. "What is it? I've never heard that sound before. We don't have a crest."


Are you sure?

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

I just went through each of our profile pages reading out inventory and background, and I did a search on this thread for crest,
sigil, and seal, but I didn't find anything. Anybody have a memory of objects or documents given? Did we see any pieces of rubble with something on it, on the way down? I will scan through the last several pages of this campaign tonight after work.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

A bronze plaque affixed to the western wall depicts a crowing rooster above crossed spears. Underneath the spear, a short phrase is inscribed. We didn't even read it...

"We didn't bring it with us, but give me a few minutes and I will go get it."

Eli runs back to grab the plaque.


Patrick, the above post contains a link.

Eliastra - are you going alone?

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

I won't insist on it... was hoping others might come with.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Re: Link - CSS styles of "A" elements and OOC are to blame!

To Eliastra, "I'm coming with you" He turns to the others. "Consider backing out of the room until we return, lest the..
creature... be agitated.
"


So Eli and Thorny make their way back to the long tunnel of mild acid. You'll need Acrobatics checks to get across safely!


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val will move out of the room and away from the pit, and wait for the other two to come back. "I'm not good at acrobatics."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny edges his way across the almost-inert acid...

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (16) + 3 - 3 = 16


Thorny makes his way across and looks back towards Eliastra...

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

oops - I missed that I was supposed to be rolling...

Eli waits for Thorny to make it across safely, then follows.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20


1d100 ⇒ 61

You easily cross the acidic passageway and retrieve the crest.

On the return, you must balance again.

More Acrobatics, please!

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli grabs the crest, and carries it back across the acid.

Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny breathes in and starts down the ledge to the other end.
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 - 3 = 15


And swiftly return to the room with the pit.

__________________________________________________________________
Let's switch momentarily back to Valena and Zatial:

With Thorny and Eliastra gone to get the crest, you're in the room with the trap floor. Suddenly, both doors start to swing shut. Not super swiftly. What do you do?


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val moves back toward the hallway, and tries to hold the western door open from the hallway side not the trap side. "Hurry up the door is closing." she yells down the hallway.


Zatial follows you out and the door slams shut despite your efforts. However, a moment later it can be easily opened again.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli comes strolling in with the plaque. "Did we miss anything?"

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

That's odd. You wouldn't expect the doors to open so easily if they shut automatically. Furthermore, why put this defense in such a place?

Zatiel takes a few moments to inspect the doors, hoping to gleam some information to their purpose.
Knowledge Aracana: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10 As he stoops to inspect the door for any carvings or symbols the blasted thing smacks him in the head!


Unable to deduce anything about the locking mechanism, Zatial and his companions are still faced with crossing the trapped floor again.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

"At least we know what to expect." He looks around the room, trying to engineer a way to avoid or soften the fall with his rope. "I'm not sure we can avoid this. I will go first. Once the trap is triggered, we can safely get the rest of you across." Thorny steps into the trapped room and plants himself, knees slightly bent in preparation.

Acrobatics-in-advance: 1d20 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 - 3 = 20

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

"Ok..." Eli watches to see how Thorny does.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val waits for the floor to drop again.


As soon as Thorny enters the room, the voice intones “Please close the door before proceeding with the pass phrase.”


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val enters the room. "Who is saying that?" She still can't see whatever it is.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny bolts for the other side of the room.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli looks over the crest to see if anything could be the pass phrase.


Thorny gets to the far door, but it is locked.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

His eyes darting around the door frame... "Eli, uh," he looks back at the ground he just covered. "Some assistance, please?"

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli shuts the door, and then makes the same trek, reading aloud anything on the crest she is carrying.

If she gets across the room, she sets to work on the lock.

Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val follows Thorney to the door.


The big, unwieldy crest has no legend on it, so Eli rushes across the room and addresses the locked door.

Sadly, that's when the bottom drops out of the floor. Again.

Everyone, give me DC 20 Reflex saves!

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Val falls right down in the hole again.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Reflex: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16

To minimize damage
Acrobatics: 1d20 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 - 3 = 6
:(


Zatial Reflex Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22 Huh!

Eliastra Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Valena Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Thorny Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Eliastra, Thorny and Valena crash into the pit, smashing armor into ribs and shields into jaws, landing in an ignominious heap!

Zatial manages to grab onto the lip of the door's threshold by his fingertips! Swaying, he gently drops down into the pit with the rest of you.

Status
Zatial (2 damage -2 Dex)
Thorny (5 damage)
Valena (2 damage)
Eliastra (5 damage)

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

"Ouch. I hate pit traps."

Eli starts working to climb out to get to the door.

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15


She easily climbs back up to the door she's previously opened, but now it's locked again.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny grunts hard when he hits the floor. Spitting blood, he tries to follow Eliastra's example and scrambles up.

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli sighs as she gets to work on the lock.

"What kind of place is this?"

Disable Device: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9


Eliastra works on the lock until she opens it, pulling herself up into the room beyond. Soon after, she is joined by Thorny.

Once again the weird three-legged mechanical man approaches. “Please present the crest for passage,” it says.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"A horrible place that really doesn't like us much. I'm almost sure I can hear that Imp laughing at us." She tries to climb out of the pit.

Climb: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (11) - 3 = 8
Climb: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (17) - 3 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eliastra brushes herself off, and then pulls out the plaque.

"Here is your crest," she says, as she presents it. "Now, may we pass?"


The construct peers at the plaque, its single eye telescoping and focusing for an instant. It then steps back out of the way, permitting you to pass!


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Finally. That was an odd creature." Val allows Thorny and Eli to lead the way.

"Why has no one been through here before? It's been just sitting here for years and years. You would think that someone had to have explored."

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

"I doubt anyone knew it was here. Although, something caused the explosion..."

Eli leads the way.

Perception to listen at door: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

501 to 550 of 3,321 << first < prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.