GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand

Game Master Tarondor

Initiative Rolls:

[dice=Eliastra]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Thorny]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Valena]1d20+5[/dice]

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Eliastra]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Thorny]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Valena]1d20+7[/dice]

MAP OF BELHAIM
MAP OF HUNCLAY MANOR


351 to 400 of 1,681 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Thank you Mr Tymek. We appreciate the help. We weren't ready to go down that far in the Tower." She takes a rope, some sacks, and a few tinder twigs."[/b] She steps back ready to head to Xemne's and then the House of Abadar.

The sister probably won't be too glad to see me when we get there. I'll let the others do the talking.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

Eliastra is floored by the generosity of the man. She is certainly not used to this sort of treatment, but could easily get to like it!

She already had most of the supplies mentioned, although she is happy to grab some tindertwigs and some extra oil.

A net is not something she was familiar with, but she takes one anyway, because the shopkeeper seems to really like them, and she is open to new advice.


Thorny picks up a sack and stuffs it with rope, a lantern, a few flasks of oil, some candles, the crowbar and a net. Then, remembering the drop required to get into the complex, he takes a grappling hook, wondering why a country general store even has a grappling hook.

Zatial?

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Why thank you Tymek. I echo my companions and thank you for your generosity. Hopefully we can get this wizard tower thing put to rest. The scroll will be most useful. And I can't help but think that little devil would fit nicely into a net.

Zatial takes the scroll while he bows deeply.
Will copy into his wizard spell book as soon as possible.

Friends, it seems like the dungeon is where we need to return. Things were going well until that damn thing got in our way.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"We're supposed to see the alchemist and the cleric before we head back to the witch tower. I suggest the alchemist first." Valena thanks the merchant again as they leave for their next stop.


From Tymek's General Store it is a short walk down the lane to Kingfisher Road where it runs along the Verduran Fork near the bridge. There, at Xemne's Tonics you find Xemne of Demgazi waiting for you.

"Hmm," says the apothecary. "You showed up. I owe Caspar Tymek a half-crown. Come on then."

Turning, she heads into the interior of her house. "I've laid out the things he said you needed. He said I'm not to tell you what all this costs, but you owe that man a favor, believe me."

She indicates a short row of vials, flasks and packets.

"Here," she says, tapping a small packet, "Are five doses of silver weapon blanch. He said you needed that most of all. Place it on your weapon and blanch it over a flame and you've got a one-use silver weapon. Particularly good on arrows, because you can afford to coat fifty of them for the same amount of blanch as one sword."

"These are two smokesticks. Don't underestimate the power of being able to disappear in the smoke."

"This is a tanglefoot bag."

"And last but not least here are four potions of cure light wounds."


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Thank you Xemne. I'm sure there will be a reconing with Tymek when the time comes, but we can use all the help we can get." Valena picks through the things. She takes a potion of cure light, a smokestick, and a dose of sliver weapon blanch. "I should have picked up more sling stones. at the General Store."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny grabs 2 of the 3 remaining Cure Light Wounds vials. Looking at his companions, "Any objections?" He scans their faces for hidden opinions before reaching for 1 of the silver weapon blanch doses, leaving 3. "I think these would be best used with arrows and bolts and should garner the majority of the inventory," he gestures toward Eliastra.

Remaining:
* 1 Cure Light Wounds
* 1 Smokestick
* 1 Tanglefoot bag
* 3 Silver weapons blanch

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Zatial will take one of the silver blanches for his crossbows, for emergency use of course.
Thank you Xemne. We are all in debt to you and Caspar, that is for sure.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

The remaining go to Eliastra:
1 Cure Light Wounds
1 Smokestick
1 Tanglefoot bag
2 Silver weapons blanch

"We thank you for your generosity, Xemne. Please do call upon us, should we be of any assistance to you in the future." Thorny gestures a farewell as he leads the group out of the building and up the road back to the ruins.

Everyone primed to head back underground?

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

Eliastra packs the extra items into her gear. She also buys more arrows, to get her stock up to 50. "Should I silver these now? Or does it wear off?"

Once everyone is packed and ready, she says "OK, let's go see what we can find!"


Where to now?

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

Before heading back to the hole, Eliastra makes a suggestion.

"We should map the rooms we have explored, and look for secret areas. We already know there are secret doors there, and we might find something more of interest."

She buys some ink and paper and pens on their way back underground.

It looks like there is some rubble where I put my token. Would like to try clearing it and see if anything is behind it.


So are you folks ignoring Tymek's advice to go see Sister Eupaphania at the House of Abadar?


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Wait a moment. Before we leave let's go see the sister. She doesn't like me much, but she might be willing to help if we're going to work for the town. We're going to owe her for sure. She's a cleric of Abadar. They don't do anything for free." Valena sighs and heads toward the temple.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny falls in line behind Valena as they head to the temple, subtly straightening his clothing and standing a little stiffer.


Sister Eupaphania is waiting for the group as they arrive at the House of Abadar, the most impressive church in Belhaim. She is young and lively, but with a gravity beyond her years. "So you've come. Very good. Mister Tymek has arranged to procure you a few things."

She indicates a small satchel before her. "In this you will find five vials of holy water, four oils of align weapon, a scroll of lesser restoration and a scroll of magic circle against evil. All bought and paid for. It sounds like he expects you to get into trouble. I hope you know what you're doing."

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

"Thank you so much for helping provide these items. I am not sure what to do with many of them, but I am sure they will all prove useful."

Eli starts dividing up the vials, and lets Valena and Zatial sort out the scrolls.

"Is there any other advice you might give us before we go back to exploring?"


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Valena picks up the scroll of lesser restoration and magic circle against evil. She tucks away the oil of align weapon, and one of the vials of Holy Water.

"I know what to do with the scrolls Eli."

"Probably not, but we'll do our best." She replies to the cleric.


Eupaphania shrugs. "I'm no adventurer. Too much excitement for me! Just remember that you stand on the wall between Civilization and savagery. When things are at their worst, consider the judgments of Abadar and be guided by them."

So, off to the Witch Tower?


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Thank you. I will." Val responds to the cleric. She gives a wave as she heads with the others toward the witch tower again.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

Eliastra joins her.


I hope someone has added all that loot to their characters sheet. Just sayin'.

Morning has come and Our Heroes make their way through the rubble of the fallen Witch Tower to the lone surviving entrance into the catacombs. Dropping down from above, they re-enter the gloomy, dank and echoing hallways.

Where to now?

MAP OF THE CATACOMBS

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

"Back to the room to find the key that little... beast mentioned?" His large shield strapped firmly to his left arm and his massive glaive gripped with his right hand, Thorny leads the group back to the doorway of the room where they had turned back for the town.


The door stands before you, slightly ajar.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val takes her place in the order behind Thorny. "Be careful. I'm pretty sure he's in there." She has the Oil of align weapon in her hand.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Listen: 1d20 ⇒ 19

Thorny listens to see if he can hear anything coming from the room.

If nothing heard
He pushes the door open with his glaive and enters, shield raised.

If something heard, I will post another action pending on the nature of the noise.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

We rested up enough to gain 3 hp, right?

Eli has her bow strung, arrow placed and ready.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7
Eliastra Greenbow wrote:
We rested up enough to gain 3 hp, right?

I used up all my healing spells before we slept. You should be good.


Yes, everyone is at full hp.

Thorny hears nothing, and pushing open the door, sees nothing untoward. All is as it was, but there is no sign of the little imp.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny looks for the desk mentioned in their earlier encounter. "He said there was a key somewhere on the desk."

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 19


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Valena will follow him into the room. She slips to the right of the doorway, and begins to cast detect magic starting on the opposite side of the room from Thorny.


Thorny finds no keys on the desk. Valena discovers that there is magic somewhere in the room.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

She continues to concentrate trying to narrow down the location.


Thorny, Eliastra, Zatial, what're you doing?

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

Eliastra is waiting to see what Valena uncovers.


As Valena is trying to detect magic, a voice behind her says "William Thornbriar, you should go check the entrance. The rocks there are unstable."

The little imp appears beside Valena. "Heya, toots!" it says with a leering grin.

Thorny! Give me a DC 15 Will save!


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Hiya evil one. Ready to die?" Valena challenges the little imp.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Clever girl.

Will Save: 1d20 ⇒ 14

"I... gotta go check the rocks." Thorny jogs out of the room.


Thorny suddenly hustles out of the room as the imp attacks!

Valena Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Eliastra Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Thorny Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
Zatial Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23
Imp Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14

Initiative Order
Zatial
Thorny
Valena
Eliastra
Imp

Good guys go first! Zatial, Valena and Elisatra, go!


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Valena takes a step back from the imp and casts Bless. "Thorney get back here!"

Could I have silver weapon blanched my sling bullets before we left town?

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

"I thought Thorny had more to him than that. Well, let's try and gang up on this guy."

Ranged: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6


I sent an email to Zatial's player. If we don't hear from him by tomorrow I'll bot Zatial.

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Zatial curses under his breath, Little devil, this time you'll end up under our heel. If you hope to survive this, you better be ready to make a deal!

Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Valena: I'm ordinarily a tougher GM than that, but in the interests of not having to do this a third time, sure.

Eli, anything special about that arrow?


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Thank you. I really meant to do it before we got here."


No one said so, but since I let Valena have weapons blanch on her arrows, I'll do the same for Eliastra.

Out in the hallway, Thorny hustles to check on the entrance.

Valena prays to her patron, blessing the team. Eliastra fires a clothyard shaft point-blank into the little devil's chest. Unlike previously, the arrow doesn't bounce off as if caroming off stone. Instead it bites deep, hurting the imp badly, causing it to curse horribly in both Taldane and what you assume to the tongue of devils.

The arrow is followed swiftly by a precisely-aimed magic missile that slices into the devil's shoulder.

"Learned some new tricks? Well you're not the only ones!" He says a word of power and disappears!

Initiative Order
Zatial (bless (+1 attack rolls))
Thorny (bless (+1 attack rolls))
Valena (bless (+1 attack rolls))
Eliastra (bless (+1 attack rolls))
Imp (10 damage)

Zatial, Valena and Elisatra, go!


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Valena starts to detect magic as she pulls out her sling and a bullet.

"Where did that little creep go?"

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

Eli strings another "special" arrow, and stands read to fire of the Imp shows itself.

Readied Action:

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 1 = 10
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


"Invisible again, I expect," says Zatial.

Like Eliastra, Zatial prepares to attack when the imp shows itself.

Meanwhile, poor Thorny continues to hustle towards the exit.

From somewhere high in the room, you hear quiet chanting. It's not enough to let you pinpoint his location, but you know the imp is there somewhere, casting a longish spell.

Anyone, go!

351 to 400 of 1,681 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.