GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand

Game Master Tarondor

Initiative Rolls:

[dice=Eliastra]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Thorny]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Valena]1d20+5[/dice]

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Eliastra]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Thorny]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Valena]1d20+7[/dice]

MAP OF BELHAIM
MAP OF HUNCLAY MANOR


201 to 250 of 1,690 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Zatial send a bolt of force at the elemental before backing down the hallway a bit. Eli, we can try but not sure how effectively we can bring this electric beast out into the open.

Force Missile Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Force Missile 1/7


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Alright I'll back away when I get the chance."


Zatial's blast of force misses the strange creature and scours the wall next to it.

Thorny, go!

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny recalls his phalanx unit training and, again, wishes he had his shield. "Valena, controlled withdraw, you lead and I'll harry the... cloud!" Thorny hesitates, still grappling with the nature of what they face. He slashes at it with his glaive and takes a step backward down the hall after Valena.

Attack (Base and +1 Bless): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 1 = 18
Damage (Base): 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Once Valena steps back, Thorny moves 5' backward


Thorny slices straight through the little stormcloud with great force. It crackles as lightning runs up and own his glaive...and then dissipates, leaving only the scent of ozone upon the air.

COMBAT OVER

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

"Sorry, folks. It didn't seem like it would attack."

Eli goes up to examine what the thing was doing before the attack.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11


It was definitely guarding the device, which now at last stops, having reeled in several yards of chain.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

The question is, was stopping the chain a good thing or bad??


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Let's see where that chain led." Val looks up and down trying to trace where the chains lead to.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19


The chains lead into the wall, but on the far side of that wall, out in the hallway, you know they lead into the ridged channel that runs along the center of the hallway and towards the one unexplored door.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

"Well, I think our path is obvious." Once everyone is finished in the antechamber, Thorny take point and leads the line following the channel running in the ceiling to the last remaining door.


The team arrives at the last unexplored door. It seems ordinary enough.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

Eliastra takes a listen at the door. If she hears nothing, she looks to make sure the others are ready and then opens the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


She hears nothing. But the door won't open. It's stuck, swollen shut.

Strength checks?

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

"Stuck. OOmph!"

Eli tries to force the door open.

Strength: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 16


Eliastra's strength is enough. With a great effort she shoves the door open.

There can be little doubt what purpose this chamber once served. The dank room stores an ancient rack, a fanciful brazen bull, an iron maiden, a cauldron, iron chairs with sharp edges and cruel protuberances, and a wooden table upon which sit various implements of torture. A bronze plaque affixed to the western wall depicts a crowing rooster above crossed spears. Underneath the spear, a short phrase is inscribed.

Eliastra only:
As soon as she enters, Eliastra hears a voice in her head... it is her mother's voice! She says "Darling, you look weary. Rest in one of the chairs provided here.”

Give me a Will save. DC 15


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Anything or anyone in there Eli?"

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

GM:

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

"I am rather tired."

Eli slides into the room.


In a seemingly dream-like state, Eliastra enters the room and sits in one of the cruel sharp-edged chairs! It cuts her leg... but not too badly.

Chair damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

About this time, you notice a large raven perched over the rooster plaque. It speaks in a shrill voice.

“Greetings, fine citizens of our glorious empire! So good to have visitors, though I fear I have no refreshments to offer. I assume you are here for the treasure. Well, I’d be happy to assist, provided that you give me what I require! It has been so long since I was able to ply my trade. I require only that each of you shed your life’s blood in this room—simply take a seat in one of my lovely chairs.”


Character Health
Eliastra (1 damage)
Thorny
Valena
Zatial

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Treasure? What kind of treasure would a Raven have in this area. To be honest, any treasure in a room that looks like Thorny's childhood room isn't work shedding blood over. Eli, come on back before you get tetanus from that rusty chair.

Zatial is a bit skeptical of the birds offerings and fears that something magical (or at least sinister is going on).

Dice Rolls if needed:
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14+2 vs Enchantments.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny's mind stumbles between the torture contraptions in the room, to Eli's sudden change in demeanor, to a talking bird perched on the wall. A joke to which he would have otherwise guffawed, Thorny's subconscious barely registers Zatial's utterance as it struggles to understand what is going on. He reflexively grips his glaive tighter and waits to see what the others do.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val enters the room. "What trade is that? Can I just cut my hand? Mus we take a seat? They are so dusty. We're not here for treasure, but looking for people who were injured in the tower collapse."

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 6
Diplomacy: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


"I can see they're still not sending the A team," squawks the raven. "Not my treasure you long-eared dolt! The treasure of the Canteclures, of course!"

"And yes. Sit in the chairs and bleed for me, or no bargain!"

Knowledge (History)(DC 15):
The Canteclures were the long-time barons of Belhaim for centuries. Their despotic rule was overthrown by the Taldan crown two hundred years ago and replace by the Devy family.

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
Ah, the bird refers to something ancient by human reckoning. This is not the first time in these catacombs that he seen things stuck in an ancient time. If we are here to search for treasures, I bet that there are wonderful treasures here somewhere. But I doubt we will find it in this room, lets go from here and seek out our treasures and exploration elsewhere.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"I'll sit. Treasure sounds interesting. It will help me do better work in the village.It means more medicine for the poor, and maybe Thorny a new shield. It also means better standing in the community." Val takes a seat.


Torture chair, Valena: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Valena suffers a small cut to her back as she sits, leaving a small trail of blood on the vile chair.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

Eli sits and waits for further instructions (I assume).

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny frowns when his companions begin to sit in the horrid contraptions. He approaches one of the chairs and squats to inspect the spikes, never turning his back to the bird.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Condition of the spikes? Rusty, poisoned?

Upon finding nothing obviously odd with the spikes, other than they're spikes:
He levels his glaive across his lap and sits in one of the chairs.


Eliastra, you're not under any magical compulsion any more. It was fulfilled when you cut yourself on the chair.

Thorny, the chairs are old, but not rusted. You have no idea if they're poisoned or not.

Torture chair, Thorny: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Zatial, what's your choice, Bub? Sit or don't sit?

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Zatial doesn't like the looks of this and backs out of the room, Say bird, why do you need our blood? Some sort of ritual that you are trying to complete? I have a feeling, whatever you are offering, I am not interested.
Unless the bird gives a wonderful answer, Zatial will not participate.


"Blood? I don't need your blood!" squawks the raven. "Pain, sir! Pain! That is a currency I can appreciate! Give me your pain for my knowledge or don't! But then you will have wasted the pain of your three friends. Do you care so little for their sacrifice? Or is it fear that grips your chicken heart?"

The bird caws a harsh laugh at its own words.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

"Well, this is odd, but it doesn't appear to be deadly."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny rises from the chair and turns to inspect his seat. "Hrm. It's just a chair. ...with spikes." He shrugs. "I've felt worse."

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Looking at his friends minor wounds and wanting to gain more knowledge at any cost, Zatial will reenter the room and slash his arm on one of the rusty nails. While it only draws a small amount of blood, the elf isn't known for his great stamina. Ouch, that hurt... almost stoically. Does that suffice, crow?


Take 1 point of non-lethal damage from the nail.

"No, indeed" says the bird. "Bawk!" it does a passable impression of a chicken. "The chair, or nothing!"

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Dismissively, Zatial takes a seat on the chair , leering at the overgrown chicken.


Torture chair, Zatial: 1d4 ⇒ 4

That chair is a lot more dangerous than it looks! Zatial is badly cut on his legs and buttocks.

"HA! I can't believe you mortals did that!" crows the raven, cackling in delight at your pain.

"Well, a deal's a deal, I suppose." The raven flaps its wings and flies lazily to the northeast corner of the room, brushing the wall with a wingtip before coming to land on a high torch sconce. "There's a secret door here that'll take you to the treasure."

"Oh. And it's locked. So ingeniously that you'll never open it without my help."

He cackles uproariously. "Double or nothing?" he asks.

"Okay, okay," he says when you start to get angry. "Keep your shirts on. There's a key. It's somewhere on that desk."

Character Health
Eliastra (1 damage)
Thorny (2 damage)
Valena (1 damage)
Zatial (4 damage; 1 nonlethal damage)


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

In a slightly sarcastic tone Val says, "Thank you for keeping your deal bird. It's nice to find one in a dungeon who does." When everyone has gotten up from the chairs, and then she channels positive energy. Everyone is is healed completely except Zatial. Zatial would you like me to cure that wound as well?

She starts looking for the key in the desk.

Channel: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Perception on the Desk: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16


"Cheat!" yells the bird, whereupon it disappears from sight. "Sharper!"

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

No thank you Valena, but I think your antics troubled our chicken friend here. But unless we want to bleed out all over these old chairs I wonder if we can unlock the secrets without its help?

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

"Thank you, Valena. Nice trick. Let's be quick about this, before he comes back for more blood. That was weird, wasn't it? Anyway, let's look at this desk."

Eli takes a look to see what puzzle may await.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (13) + 8 = 21

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

When the bird vanishes, Thorny frowns and quickly gestures a religious ward. Mumbling, I am not accustomed to this sort of foe. Once healed, he nods at Valena, Thank you.

He stands back and guards from surprises while the others inspect the desk.


I'm going to let Valena post before I do.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Valena shrugs. "Let's check the desk, and see if we can find the key he spoke of. I don't know what "Sharper" meant, but it might not be good." she keeps an eye on the door the bird pointed out.


"Dictonary.com wrote:

Sharper

noun
1.
a shrewd swindler.
2.
a professional gambler.

Barbed Tail v. Valena: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 141d4 ⇒ 3

A moment later, Valena feels a hard blow to her side, protected by her armor. Suddenly materializing beside her is a small red-skinned creature with fangs, horns and a barbed tail - a miniature image of a classic devil. It cackles in the voice of the raven. "Deal's over, sweetie! Time for some real pain!"

Knowledge (Planes) DC 15:
This is an imp. You may ask one question about its abilities or defenses for every +5 by which you beat the DC.

Character Health
Eliastra (1 damage)
Thorny (2 damage)
Valena (1 damage)
Zatial (4 damage; 1 nonlethal damage)
Devil

MAP OF THE CATACOMBS

Anyone, go!


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Know Planes: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16

It's an Imp. I'm pretty sure that means it's evil. I was just humoring you to get information little man." she takes a step back and casts Bless.

Each ally gains a +1 morale bonus on attack rolls and on saving throws against fear effects.

Sharper I like that. I'm going to have to remember that.

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Zatiale takes a step back and fires off a Force Missile at the little imp.
Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13 damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Knowlege: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

I knew it you little cur. We mean to send you back to the hell that you came from... and those spikes really hurt!
4 Force Missiles Remaining. 5 HP Remaining (1 Non-lethal).

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

Eli shoots an arrow at the little guy, not at all happy to hear what he is.

Attack: 1d20 + 4 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 + 1 = 14
Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Grim-faced, Thorny steps forward and brings his glaive down in a crushing swing.

Attack (Base and +1 Bless): 1d20 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Scott, re:character health, didn't Valena heal everyone a few posts back? (Timestamp June 27 11:02)

201 to 250 of 1,690 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.