GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand

Game Master Tarondor

Initiative Rolls:

[dice=Eliastra]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Thorny]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Valena]1d20+5[/dice]

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Eliastra]1d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Thorny]1d20+0[/dice]
[dice=Valena]1d20+7[/dice]

MAP OF BELHAIM
MAP OF HUNCLAY MANOR


51 to 100 of 1,682 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Zatial uses his thin arms to try to move the obstacle over the trap door.
Strength Check: 1d20 ⇒ 8
However, his thin spindly arms just are not up to the task.

Someone get Hodor here... we need a small piece of lumber moved around! he yells at no one in particular.


The four of you fail to lift a simple piece of lumber... It's kind of sad. Why don't you try again?


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Velena pushes up her sleeves. "We need to get this moved to make sure no one is trapped inside." She leans over and grabs the end of the timber. She tries to push it off the door with all her strength.

Strength: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (20) + 0 = 20

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

"This is getting ridiculous." He says flatly. He braces his feet in a better position then... stops as Valena handles the business. Impressed, "Lets get you a glaive, too!" He gestures, as he picks back up his pole arm.

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Nice work Valena. If I even have a problem opening an Alchemy jar, I'll bring it to you.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

"I think I loosened it for you..." Eli smiles sheepishly.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Valena looks at the moved timber with shock. "I didn't know I had that in me. I'm sure our first attempt shifted it a little. Let's see what's down there." She bends over and attempts to open the trapdoor.

If the Trapdoor is Unlocked:

Valena pulls open the trap door and peers down the shaft. She reports what she can see with her 30 feet of darkvision.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

If the Trapdoor is Locked:

Valena tries to open the door. Unable to pull it up, she stands back up and looks at Eliastra. "Any chance you can help with getting this door open?"

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

Assuming it will be dark, Eliastra starts to call for some help.

"Anyone have a torch or lantern nearby we can use? Hurry! There may yet be survivors in here!"


Once Valena lifts the beam off the trap door, she kneels down open it and peer below.

The tower’s large ground floor has mostly collapsed under the rubble, but along the western portion of the room below, a section remains clear of debris. An iron trap door set in the floor is directly below a companion door in the ceiling above. Shattered wooden furniture lies scattered around the corpses of two small, green-scaled creatures.

Another partially-collapsed room below, what would have been the Witch Tower's first level, along with another trap door.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Is there a ladder to climb down? How far down is the floor of the lower level? I'm trying to determine if we should try to jump or can just climb down.

Valena responds to Eliastra, "There are no survivors in the room below. If no one has a torch or a lantern, I have oil. Maybe we could fabricate a torch. I can cast spark to light it."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny removes a sunrod from his backpack, then squats down and opens the trap door.

A soldier and not a dungeoneer, he's too novice to think to search for traps. He's also not wearing armor, at the moment. AC 13, Touch 13, FF 10


The trap door in question is in a floor some nine feet below the one on which you are currently standing.

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Lads, we don't have to worry about light. But seriously we will need some rope. Perhaps one of us should run back to town and get a bit from *general store*. Zatial pulls a coin from his pocket and casts a quick spell, illuminating the dark in magical light.

I'll look up who runs the *general store* in a bit...

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

Eliastra runs to get some gear for their adventure.

She will use most of her coin to buy:
Flint and steel (1gp)
Grappling hook, common 1 gp 4 lbs.
2x Rope (50 ft.) 1 gp 10 lbs.
Wire saw, common 30 gp
Crowbar 2 gp 5 lbs.
Hammer 5 sp 2 lbs.
Hooded lantern 7 gp 2 lbs.
3x Oil 1 sp 1 lb.
Shovel, common 2 gp 8 lbs.

Returning, juggling a lot of tools, she says "Here, help me secure this rope, and we can get everyone down quick."


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Valena helps Eliastra secure the rope. "Quick moving there Eliastra. This stuff will really help. We weren't prepared for an excavation." She waits until the last to move down the rope. She slips and falls.

Climb: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (2) - 3 = -1

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

As Eliastra heads back into town, Thorny picks his way back to the ground where he left his armor and straps it back on. If those dog-like corpses are, in fact, Kobolds, there may be more about, he considers. He waits for Eliastra to return and climbs with her back to where they left their companions. "There may be more of those dog-creatures...Kobolds..around." He checks the rope, "I'll go first, just in case."

Climb slope: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Climb down rope: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22

Thorny sees Valena slip, and throws himself at her to break the fall.

Acrobatics?: 1d20 + 3 - 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 - 3 = 11

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

Climb: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Once secured, Eliastra climbs down first and starts looking around.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Tymek's General Store is run by Caspar Tymek, a genial middle-aged man and frequent guest at the Wise Piper Inn. He follows Eliasta to his store, opens up and happily fills her order.

"You be careful in that Tower," he says. "It's got a dark reputation."

__________________________________________________

Eliastra returns, slips down the rope and finds a mostly-ruined ground floor. Its only remaining feature is the trap door in the floor.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Thank you Thorny. I appreciate the catch. Shall we see what's on the other side of this door?" Valena attempts to open the trap door and look into the room below.

Perception Dark Vision 30 feet: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13


Looking down, Valena sees that the walls of this chamber have buckled precariously in several places, and masonry and dirt are scattered across the floor— the collapse above plainly caused this structural damage. The
dry-rotted frames of five simple beds lie against the north and south walls. To the southwest, the room broadens into a larger chamber. A rusted, grinning iron statue stands in an alcove in the north wall between the two wings of the room itself, and in the wall to the south is an old iron door.

MAP OF THE CATACOMBS BELOW THE WITCH TOWER


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"I don't see anyone, but there are more rooms. It looks pretty unstable. We should be careful as we move forward." Valena steps aside to let the people with the rope do their thing.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

Eli looks about, and seeing no one, proceeds to the iron door. She touches it to make sure it isn't hot, and if not, then tries to open it.

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Zatial takes his crossbow out and readies it, nodding to the others he is ready to slowly move forward.

When Thorny moves, Zatial will slowly advance behind the former guard.


Patrick, I need your class/level line to give me the same information as everyone else. Specifically, your Perception.

Thorny descends the rope, followed by Zatial and then Valena.

Centipede Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
Centipede Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22

Eliastra Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12
Valena Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Thorny Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
Zatial Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18

None of you noticed the giant centipedes approaching, so this is a surprise round and none of you get to act in in.

Centipede Bite and charge v. Thorny (flatfooted): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 + 2 = 201d6 - 1 ⇒ (2) - 1 = 1
Centipede Bite and charge v. Eliastra (flatfooted): 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 2 = 61d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Two centipedes the size of German Shepherds burst from the nearby walls and leap forward to the attack! With a startled little shriek, Eliastra manages to twist out of the way of one, but the other bites Thorny on the calf!

Thorny, I need a Fortitude save vs. poison, please!

Eliastra Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Valena Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Thorny Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (13) + 10 = 23
Zatial Initiative: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Centipede Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

MAP OF THE CATACOMBS BELOW THE WITCH TOWER

Everyone, go!


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Valena pulls out her sling, loads it and fires at the centipede next to Eliastra. "Watch out. What are those things?"

Sling Attack: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1


Don't forget the -4 penalty for firing into melee.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Save vs. Poison: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Startled by the sudden appearance of centipedes, Thorny's knee buckles when struck and he stifles a yelp into a grunt.

He steps away and, bringing his pole arm about, he slams it down on the offending bug.

5' step east
Attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

If only my initiative was slightly better, no penalty... but I am slow today, it seems.

Eliastra, surprised by the sudden attack, steps back 5' and shoots her bow at the large insect.

Ranged Attack, PBR: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 4 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Zatial's mouth opens in horror of the gigantic bugs. Without thinking his lets loose a bolt of magical energy at one of the bugs and scampers for a defensive position.

Touch Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (18) + 3 = 21 Force Missile Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Target Southern centipede (if alive). If not, then northern centipede, -4 modifier shooting into combat.
Step 5' to the South East.


Patrick: If you announce that your character is moving, please move him on the map. These maps are editable by anyone. Also, if you roll an attack, roll damage at the same time.

Thorny's damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

The four friends react with both speed and accuracy, cutting, shooting, chopping and blasting until the huge insects cease writhing and lay in pools of nauseating goo.

COMBAT OVER


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"That was quick. Everyone feeling ok?" Valena asks as she reloads her crossbow just in case.


Thorny has a scratch, but is feeling no ill effects from the bite.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

"I wonder if those were pets, or just living behind the walls until the destruction... Just in case, stay ready. There may be more."

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Zatial moves to examine the beds. I wonder what creatures made home here and for how long? Are they big enough to house a kobold? The elf also examines the iron statue... What is this? he wonders to himself.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
K: History: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28


While Zatial doesn't know what the odd statue is, he does remember that long before the Origena family ruled Belhaim, it was ruled by a cruel clan known as the Canteclures, who once made their abode in the Witch Tower. They were overthrown by the Taldan army for their hideous abuses of the local peasantry. These catacombs seem to date from that era, about a century back.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny violently massages the centipede wound. "I can't believe I didn't bring my shield," he murmurs. Looking around the sub-level, he moves to inspect the closest bed.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 10

When finished, he moves to the south door and awaits his companions before preparing to open it.

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Well these Catacombs are old and the beds suggest that there are new occupants down here. Zatial makes sure his crossbow is still ready and prepares to move on with the rest of his friends.
Ready to move to the south door

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

Eli listens at the door and checks if it is safe, before opening it.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


Thorny's casual glance around the room reveals only that the cots are old and dusty and sized for men, not kobolds. He can also see that the "statue" has hinges on it.

Eli hears nothing at the door. It opens with a screech of rusted metal, revealing a short east/west hallway that turns south at both ends. There is also a wooden door at each end of the hallway.

MAP OF THE CATACOMBS BELOW THE WITCH TOWER

I think your only source of light is Zatial's spell?

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

Eli sets down the hooded lantern she went and got, and proceeds to fill it with oil and light it. Then she leads the way to the next door. Moves icon on map.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Valena follows Eliastra into the room. "Do you want me to take the lead? I might be able to see things hiding in the shadows.


This corridor was once a cell block, though the doors now all stand open and rusted iron fetters hang loose on the walls. The roof of the corridor has a ridge of stone that begins at a spot on the eastern wall and runs down the length of the corridor until it branches, the runs out of sight down the western branching.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Valena begins to move down the cell block examining them as she goes. "Cells are we in the dungeon do you think? I hope we are alone." She gets distracted by the ridge of stone, and quickly forgets about examining the cells.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny pauses as they all file out of the room and stares back at the statue. "I think I seem something." He heads back into the room and examines the statue.

Take a closer look at the statue
Perception: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (18) + 0 = 18

"I think this opens." He puts his hands on it to move it the direction the hinges seem to indicate it would go.

Strength check for good measure
Strength: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Zatial holds his magical light up high so that Thorny can have a good look at the statue.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Velana stops and heads back into the room with Thorny. "What did you find?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

"I think this moves," he gestures to the hinges.


Indeed, the "statue" is hinged and does open. Bones tumble out at your feet as you jump back. It is an iron maiden, a device of torture that still contains its last victim. Amidst the desiccated bones you find an iron key.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 2 / Rogue 1 | HP 11/23 | AC 15 | T 13 | FF 12 | Fort +3 | Ref +8 | Will +2 | CMD 15 | Init +5 | Perception +10/+11 traps | Active Conditions: None

"Well, ok, that is a bit gruesome," Eli says, as she scoops up the key.

She tries it in a cell door, to see if it works.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

With a last frown at the pile of bones, Thorny follows Eliastra.

51 to 100 of 1,682 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.