GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand

Game Master Tarondor

Perception Rolls:

[dice=Brandor]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Little Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+9[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+8[/dice] But blind beyond 30'
[dice=Uhe]1d20+11[/dice]

Initiatives:

Initiatives
[dice=Brandor]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Edo]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Jayla]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Liam]1d20+3[/dice]
[dice=Reveka]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Uhe]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Maffei]1d20+6[/dice]

DRAGON'S DEMAND MAPS

MAP OF BELHAIM
The Tale of Tula and Aeteperax and the History of Belhaim


101 to 150 of 3,284 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Yes, the victim appears to have been one of the jailors. The key fits in the cell doors.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"I wonder if there's anything left in the cells. Should we take a look?" Valena peers over Elistra's shoulder.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny makes a religious gesture over the pile of remains at the feet of the iron maiden. He then digs into his pack and pulls out a sunrod while moving back into the hallway. He takes a few steps further down and peers into the additional jail cells. "Yeah, let's dig around a little."

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

"I was thinking this was a simple rescue situation, but I am starting to think we should be more wary of nasty things. Let's work together to watch each other."

Eli explains what she is thinking, and then proceeds to check each cell in order.

With a +8 perception and +8 disable device, Eliastra will plan on being the lead for exploring and then fall back for combat. Maybe if she and Thorny stick close, he can provide combat protection while she provides some trap protection?


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

It seems that the collapse has opened up some sections that haven't been seen in a long time. I agree sticking together is an excellent idea." Valena watches Eli and Thorny's back while they search.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22


Nothing to see here:
4d20 ⇒ (10, 20, 18, 4) = 52

While Eliastra is peering into the various cells and finding nothing of interest, Valena and Thorny notice a discoloration on the southern wall that was once probably expertly hidden but is now faded - some sort of doorway is hidden here!


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"When you are done looking into the cells, you might want to come over here. I think I found a secret door. I'll let you check for locks and traps Eli. Is it alright to call you Eli? You all can call me Val."

Not Al. Val.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

"Of course, I will watch your back," he says to Eli, as he approaches her position. With a sweeping gesture of his arm toward everyone, "Rest easy, I will stand watch for everyone." Noticing an oddness about one section of wall, he moves toward it right behind Val. "Well that is strange."

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

My post from last night is missing...

Just don't call me Betty.

"This place is proving to be interesting. Sure, Eli is fine. Let me see, here..." Eli starts her checks.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Disable Device, if needed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24


Don't call me Shirley.

Once you know the door is there, it's pretty easy to learn that the mechanism relies on pressing a particular stone. Seeing nothing to concern her, Eliastra presses it, revealing another corridor.

MAP

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Checking near obcessively, Zatiel makes sure that his crossbow is loaded and ready to fire if needed. Giving a nod to Thorny he indicates he is ready to move out.

Eli, I hope that there aren't any traps down here but this looks be more of the prison than anything else.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Eli lead the way behind the secret door please. Let's try to do this methodically if we can. We have lots of places to look." Val takes her place toward the back of the group.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny waits until Eli has point, then follows with his glaive at the ready. He starts to return Zatial's nod, then pauses and looks passed Zatial's shoulder. "Ah, be careful back there. We left an awful lot of ground uncleared behind us."


So who's going which way?

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli leads the way (map updated), checking the floors and walls for tripwires or other moving stones. Now that she is sure this is less of a rescue mission and more of a clue hunt, she is being much more careful.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Zatiel moves after Eli and Thorny, trying to help spot any "clues."
Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny keeps an eye out as they move.
Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 5


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val brings up the rear, and keeps an eye toward the back. "This isn't how I expected to spend my evening.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17


The team investigates several dreary and empty jail cells, arriving at a long and dusty corridor running to the east. The left-hand wall has many more jail cell doors before the corridor again turns north.

MAP

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli continues to the next door, and checks it before opening it.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny trails behind, keeping watch.

Perception: 1d20 ⇒ 1


Eliastra carefully checks into each of the next two doorways, finding only ancient jail cells, bleak, dark and dank.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Val sneezes at the dankness of the cells. "Well this isn't interesting. No one seems to have been here for a very long time. These cells look empty. What about this doorway to the south?" Valena moves next to a doorway.

It looks like a doorway. Just below where I'm standing.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Eli continues to explore with Valena close and Thorny just behind.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27


Valena Lasca wrote:
It looks like a doorway. Just below where I'm standing.

It's just a bit of the artist's wall detail, giving the place a ruined look. I'm not using the map from the adventure.


As you approach the next door, it seems there is a person in it! He presses his face to the small barred window, a desperate gleam in his eye.

“Oh, gods, kind faces! Aroden bless you, noble souls! I ain’t seen the jailers in ages, I think they forgot about us! We ain’t eaten in days and the water’s all but gone—my cousins’re both sick. I swear we’d give back the boar if we could, but we ate it, starvin’ as we was. We didn’t even know it was the baron’s lands, didn’t know we was poachin’! I beg you, we’re all gonna die in here! Kindness, noble souls, we’ve suffered awful! Good Baron Sarvo wills it!”

Knowledge (History) DC 16:
Baron Sarvo was a Belhaim lord who rebelled against the crown in 4500 AR, and was the last Canteclure to rule the town.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Know History: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

"They've been in here for a really, really long time. I don't think it's been just a few days. The Baron was around in 4500 AR. Do we want to open that door?" Valena whispers to the others.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Sense Motive: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

"What year do you think it is now?"

Then to the others, "I didn't think to bring any food or water, and haven't seen anything along the way. Anyone have something to feed these poor souls?"

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Val, its not likely these creatures lasted this long without some type of magical means. I'd suggest we just leave them here or silence them for good. I can't imagine anything helpful coming from them. Especially if they are thieves. Zatiel whispers back to Val and the rest of the group.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"I have some bread and cheese in my pack." Val shrugs. "I like to eat." She whispers "It sounds like they were hungry when they killed the boar." She holds out a loaf of bread to Eli.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

"Thank you, " Eli says, as she takes the bread and offers it to the hungry prisoner. "I can sympathize with your plight. Who are your captors?"

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Perception vs. prisoners: 1d20 ⇒ 7
Thorny remains a silent sentinel while the others deal with the prisoner. As a man of some faith, his heart strings are plucked but as a soldier, his focus is for his comrades' safety.


"Oh, Thank Aroden!" says the prisoner, accepting the food greedily and moving to the left, out of sight.

And then there is silence.

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Zatial holds his magical light up high and close to the bars, but not too close. He waits for one of the more brave members of the party to look closer.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Hello? Where are you? " Valena asks the men. She pears into the cell.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8
Darkvision 30 feet

-Posted with Wayfinder


The man is out of sight to the left and can't be seen from the narrow barred window in the door. He doesn't answer.

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny takes a step closer to the door. "Where do you come from, stranger?" He calls. "Do you have any family we can contact on your behalf."


Thorny's voice echoes down the hallway, but there is no response.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

"Since he has stopped responding, perhaps we should move on. We can return when we know more. "

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

I agree. Whatever is going on here is strange at the least and possibly deadly at the worst. Zatial quickly moves around making sure that no attackers are coming from their blind side.


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"We'll be back. We're going to look for the guards." Valena calls into the cell. It's not really a lie. We're looking to see if the guards bodies are around. She moves to the next cell and peers in.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


So where are you going?


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

Next cell to the right (east) of where the prisoners were.

Sovereign Court

Elf NG Evoker 1 | HP 10 | AC 13 | Touch 13| F+2, R+3, W+2 | CMD 13 | Ini +3 | Perception +2

Agreed, I follow Valena

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

Likewise.


Like so many of the cells before, these are empty and filled with cobwebs. Beyond is a long passageway stretching to the north where a partially collapsed wall and ceiling make passage difficult.

MAP OF THE CATACOMBS BENEATH THE WITCH TOWER


Female Human Oracle 3 AC 15 | T 11| FF 14 (+4 armor, +1 Dex) hp 28/28 Fort +3, Ref +2, Will +3 | Init +5; Senses darkvision 30 ft.; Perception +7

"Do we want to turn around or try to crawl through there?" Valena looks at the rubble trying to see if it looks safe, and if we can squeeze through.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

"There are easier places to explore first, so I suggest we do that."

Liberty's Edge

Male Human Fighter 3 LG [ HP: 21 | AC: 18, T: 13, FF: 15 | F: +4*, R: +5*, W: +4* | CMD: 18 (+2 **) | Init: +10 | Perception +0 ]
Skills:
Acrobatics 4, Climb 4, Survival 2, Swim 4

Thorny eyeballs what remains of a passage way. "I think I can make it through." Leading with his glaive, he tries to contort himself into an agreeable shape to make it through the remaining void of the hallway.

Liberty's Edge

Female NG Elf Ranger 1 | HP 11/11 | AC 16 | T 13 | FF 13 | Fort +3 | Ref +6 | Will +2 | CMD 16 | Init +5 | Perception +7 | Active Conditions: None

"Well, how's it look?"

101 to 150 of 3,284 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Tarondor's Dragon's Demand Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.