[GM School] Dungeon Master S "House of Harmonious Wisdom" (Inactive)

Game Master Chris Marsh

Tactical Map | Handouts

Quickpost:

Initiative
[dice=Eyden]d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Treble]d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Elemenar]d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Zadim]d20+2[/dice]

Perception:
[dice=Eyden]d20+0[/dice] (Darkvision)
[dice=Treble]d20+7[/dice]
[dice=Elemenar]d20+5[/dice] (LLV)
[dice=Zadim]d20+4[/dice]


1 to 50 of 105 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>

MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Place your arcane marks here


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

This is our home base. It'll be where we discuss our table, ask questions, give feedback etc.

Part of the school includes the nuts and bolts operations of navigating Paizo.com and campaigns, so include those questions.

I plan on starting Monday in earnest, but by all means post questions here. I'll also open a Discussion tab.

Grand Lodge

HoHW: "Teahouse" Maps | Jade Ogre style

Greetings and salutations kind, newly-met friends! Here be I, GM Will-save Get it? Cuz my name is Will. Get it? purveyor of all things something...something...

How's that for a start?


Constellation

Good evening, all.


PSS 8-16: Inkstains - Gameplay | Inkstains - Maps

I’m here.


Here I am.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Hey everyone, it's time to do this! Check the Discussion tab. Once we've chosen quests, we'll get underway.

It's tempting to be polite and defer, but that can slow down momentum. If you have one you like, call it!


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The House of Harmonious Wisdom
Fragments
-------------------------------------

You have been summoned, literally, to the far side of the world. The journey has been....

extremely

long.

You eventually arrive in the small town of Ashima, in the young country of Shokuro, to meat your contact, an "old war hero" named Mai Chun. Your journals are already half full of wonders that you've encountered along the way, but it feels good to finally begin your actual mission.

The screen door opens on an unassuming house tucked in the small town of Ashima. Filling the doorway is an elderly woman of regal bearing who wears a lopsided smile. Long white hair meets her waist over colorful robes that would not be out of place in the salons of Tian Xia’s largest cities. The grandmotherly woman speaks with a deep, rich voice.

“What fates and fickle winds bring blooming lilies to our forest island."

She stares, waiting. Then you remember the countersign. It's been months since your briefing, afterall. " With such winds does history ebb and flow.”

Having introduced herself with this couplet, she bows and adds, “Yes, yes you’ll do perfectly. I hope you’re fond of bears.” She grins and steps aside, raising a welcoming arm. “Quickly, come in. And off with your shoes!”

Inside, Mai Chun’s house is delightfully cluttered. Papers and parchments are stacked perilously high, piles of books lean against disorderly shelves, and swords and shields are displayed on every wall. Mai Chun invites you to sit in this library cum classroom. " I'd like you to enter the nearby Li Sho forest and explore a ruined estate. I believe that it was an old estate for military officers during the days of Imperial Lung Wa. I hope it contains relics or information about Lung Wa that Shokuro can use to enhance its reputation among the Successor States. The forest is dense, but here are some foolproof directions...."

She gives the same lopsided smile before asking, "Are there any specific questions that you might have?"

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 5/14 | AC: [mage armor: 18/13/15] 14 T: 13 FF: 11 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray, grease

Elemenar scans the room as he enters. The piles and piles of books and scrolls immediately draw his attention. What a veritable storehouse of knowledge and history and, no doubt, ancient arcane wisdom. But that will have to wait. He listens to Mai's request.

"We are honored at your request. Please forgive my ignorance but do you know if this estate in ruins is unsafe?"


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

"The building itself should be fine. It's really just the bear I'm worried about. The villagers I initially sent to scout the estate report seeing a dire bear prowling the courtyard. They fled, which is exactly what I would’ve wanted them to do. Who would make the harvest festival stew if Wu got his head bitten off? No one, that’s who. You lot, though? You look like you can handle a big bear if you had to.”

Grand Lodge

Male LN Samsaran Inquisitor of Magdh (knowledge domain) 1 | HP 3/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF13 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F +3, R +2, W +3 (+2 vs. death effects, neg energy effects, neg levels) | Init +8 | Perc: +7, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft | 1/day comprehend languages, deathwatch, stabilize, Judgement 1/day, low-light vision | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: none

"Is there anything in particular you are wishing us to look for? Or is this just a slightly more dangerous...salvage mission, if you will?"

Grand Lodge

”Zadim” | Male N Medium Human Slayer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMD 16| F +3 R +4 W +2; | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

Even the house of a supposed ally gets a couple over-cautious glances around as Zadim enters the building. With no immediate threats obvious to him, the Kelesh troubleshooter relaxes slightly as the group is told why they were summoned this way.

"So, our goal is to deal with this bear that's living in the ruins of an old estate, then search the estate itself?" Zadim confirms after Mai Chun describes the mission. With an affirmation, he nods to the old woman. "It shall be done." After a moments pause, he continues,"You said that this trek was to enhance the reputation of this land among it's neighbors, yes? My apologies for being unaware, but I'm unfamiliar with this jockeying for status. Can you tell me about it and this Lung Wa that you spoke of?"


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

To Treble her smiles changes a bit to something... conspiratorial, "Sadly I can’t give specifics, as I don’t know exactly what’s there. Shizuru curse any looters that may have already gotten to it. But, if anything remains, I’m looking specifically for documents. Maps, letters, scrolls, things of that sort. Other than that, any treasure could be significant. If it’s shiny and not bolted down, pick it up. If it is bolted down, I have pliers.”

She turns serious when answering Zadim, "For nearly 500 years, Imperial Lung Wa united and ruled an immense portion of Tian Xia. With the death of Aroden, the empire fractured into the competing Successor States, with Lingshen, Po Li, and Quain at the shattered empire’s heart. So far, none of the three have managed to recapture the fallen empire’s glory and influence, resulting in a tense stalemate. Agents from each nation keep an eye out for anything they might use as a symbol of legitimacy as the empire’s worthiest successor."

As if the the talk of history brought the situation back to the forefront, Mai Chun stands. Her original smile returning, "Now, adventures are only so when you experience them, not when you talk about them. Rest up. It's a 6 hour trek tomorrow, so you'll want to leave at first light."

Anything else before the morning?

The Concordance

M Sylph Sorcerer (djinni-blooded) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | *Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness | F:+0 R:+2 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +1* | SM: +0 |
Spells Known:
1 (2/4): Color Spray (DC 15), Heighten Awareness; 0: detect magic, message, ray of frost, read magic

Sorry for the delay - busy couple of days at work.

A gentle breeze follows the sylph as he enters the house, and stirs the papers and scrolls piled nearest him throughout the party’s meeting with the Tian venture captain.

After greeting their hostess in Tien, Eyden switches to common to avoid excluding any Pathfinders who do not speak the language.

“Do you have any reason to believe agents of any of the other Successor States will be searching the same area for similar ... symbols of legitimacy? And if so, do you have any preference as to how we are to treat them should we encounter them?”


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

"I don't expect to, as it's within our borders - and only recently discovered. If there are others, I'd imagine they are here for more nefarious purposes, and that they discovered this find by chance."

The unspoken tone is that you may fight them tooth and nail if you see any.

The Concordance

M Sylph Sorcerer (djinni-blooded) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | *Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness | F:+0 R:+2 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +1* | SM: +0 |
Spells Known:
1 (2/4): Color Spray (DC 15), Heighten Awareness; 0: detect magic, message, ray of frost, read magic

Eyden's smile doesn't reach his eyes. "Understood."


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The Li Sho Forest is a surprisingly dense forest that thwarts easy travel. Mai Chun’s directions lead to a narrow path that was seemingly once a wide road. The forest has reclaimed most of it, with only a few paving stones peeking up from the soil. The landmarks that Mai Chun mentioned are easy to spot: corroded lantern poles overgrown with ivy, an empty hunter’s shack, and finally an old military watchtower.

With yesterday being an American holiday I wanted to advance, but not push the action. Just check in when you can.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Samsaran Inquisitor of Magdh (knowledge domain) 1 | HP 3/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF13 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F +3, R +2, W +3 (+2 vs. death effects, neg energy effects, neg levels) | Init +8 | Perc: +7, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft | 1/day comprehend languages, deathwatch, stabilize, Judgement 1/day, low-light vision | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: none

That morning, before the group leaves, Treble sits on the floor and pulls three small stones he picked up from the courtyard the previous day. Each stone has two sides upon which they might land if cast upon the ground. Using a piece of blue chalk he keeps in his pouch, he marks one side of each stone with a drawing of a triple-looped knot. Holding the stones in his hand, he prays to Magdh, the Eldest one of fate, complexity and triplets.
”Great Magdh, of the ever intertwining loops of fate, guide me this day to fulfill what fate has in store. Mistress of Three, may your all seeing eyes of your faces let me know the course to take. Lady Seer of the Eldest, may the complexity of the First World and all others continue to unfold before you.”
Finishing his prayer, he casts the stones before him on the ground and attempts to interpret their meaning.
PC’s Fate: 1d20 ⇒ 6
GM’s Fate: 1d20 ⇒ 15
Magdh’s Ever-seeing Eyes: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Deific Obedience: Gain a +4 bonus to all Intelligence-based skills for 24 hours.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Samsaran Inquisitor of Magdh (knowledge domain) 1 | HP 3/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF13 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F +3, R +2, W +3 (+2 vs. death effects, neg energy effects, neg levels) | Init +8 | Perc: +7, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft | 1/day comprehend languages, deathwatch, stabilize, Judgement 1/day, low-light vision | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Treble attempts to divine the meaning of the cast lots.
It looks as if the group's destiny is to struggle today, and Fate (GM) seems to wish it so. But, as always, only Magdh can truly see what the end will bring.

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 5/14 | AC: [mage armor: 18/13/15] 14 T: 13 FF: 11 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray, grease

Finally, after way too much of a struggle along the overgrown road, Elemenar stops near the watchtower that was mentioned in the directions. "It appears, that this is quite along the route to our destination. So where to next?"

While speaking, Elemenar looks at the tower. If anyone was going to ambush the group, this would be a good place for it.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Elemenar looks around, and sees no sign of an ambush, but a reasonable climber would be able to scale the tower to see further.

Grand Lodge

Male LN Samsaran Inquisitor of Magdh (knowledge domain) 1 | HP 3/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF13 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F +3, R +2, W +3 (+2 vs. death effects, neg energy effects, neg levels) | Init +8 | Perc: +7, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft | 1/day comprehend languages, deathwatch, stabilize, Judgement 1/day, low-light vision | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Treble takes out one of his casting stones and tosses it on the ground.
To Climb or Not to Climb?: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Looking at the stone's exposed side, he speaks. "I believe fate says we should investigate. Would anyone else care to join me?" He starts up the ladder, taking care of his footing the whole way. Take 10+2=12


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Treble ascends the tower with little difficulty. The view is impressive here, and you can tell that you're only about an hour out. What's more the intrepid Pathfinder discovers a boon for the mission. The top of the watchtower contains a sturdy waterproof box with a longbow, a quiver with 10 arrows, and an old letter from a child to the soldier who stood guard here decades ago.

Grand Lodge

”Zadim” | Male N Medium Human Slayer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMD 16| F +3 R +4 W +2; | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

Zadim watches from the ground for a moment as Treble climbs the tower. However, Mai Chun was concerned about a bear, so the Sarenite turns his attention to the ground, looking for any real tracks in the area.

Perception(Hunting for tracks): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
If you feel Survival is more appropriate, my Survival roll is the same.

The Concordance

M Sylph Sorcerer (djinni-blooded) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | *Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness | F:+0 R:+2 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +1* | SM: +0 |
Spells Known:
1 (2/4): Color Spray (DC 15), Heighten Awareness; 0: detect magic, message, ray of frost, read magic

Eyden looks around the group, and shrugs when no one else volunteers to accompany the samsaran.

"Why not? Let's see what we can see."

The sylph climbs up, though not without some effort. The breezes that surround him ruffle the leaves as he ascends through the branches.

Once he joins Treble on the platform and sees the remains of the soldier, Eyden tries half-heartedly to figure out what killed him, then focuses on the letter, which he considers to be the real find, curious as he is about the lives of these people from so long ago.

Heal: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13

"Maybe you'd have better luck identifying what killed him, Treble?"

Can we read the letter? Eyden speaks & reads Tien.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The letter isn't anything overly interesting. It's a simple correspondence covering the latest news and gossip, but none of the names register. Still, you take a moment to soak in the notion that you're standing not just in a ruin, but something more recent, where a soldier did their duty.

With little else to do here, you opt for the final hour of travel.

The Concordance

M Sylph Sorcerer (djinni-blooded) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | *Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness | F:+0 R:+2 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +1* | SM: +0 |
Spells Known:
1 (2/4): Color Spray (DC 15), Heighten Awareness; 0: detect magic, message, ray of frost, read magic

Eyden tucks the letter into a pocket and climbs back down to the forest floor.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

After an hour the estate comes into view. Nature has largely taken over the area, but it's still impressive nonetheless. you take the opportunity for a quick walk around. There's no sign of anything like the reports said, and it's quite quiet.

You reconvene at the main doors to prepare before entering.

MAP is updated.

The Concordance

M Sylph Sorcerer (djinni-blooded) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | *Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness | F:+0 R:+2 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +1* | SM: +0 |
Spells Known:
1 (2/4): Color Spray (DC 15), Heighten Awareness; 0: detect magic, message, ray of frost, read magic

Eyden mutters something in Auran - "چشم باز است" - and casts Heighten Awareness. His eyes flare violet for a moment, then return to their usual gray.

Eyden gets +2 to perception and knowledge checks for the next 10 minutes, but will use up the remaining duration for +4 to his next initiative check if there is one in that time.

He also casts a spell from a scroll. A pale blue glow begins at his feet and rises up to cover his entire body and up to the top of his head, then fades (Mage Armor)

Grand Lodge

”Zadim” | Male N Medium Human Slayer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMD 16| F +3 R +4 W +2; | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

Zadim crouches as he slowly steps forward, drawing one of his kukri as he does so. "Any sign of the bear?" he asks the others as he scans the entrance of the ruins.

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 5/14 | AC: [mage armor: 18/13/15] 14 T: 13 FF: 11 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray, grease

"No, I don't see the bear that Mai Chun was warning us about. But we should probably remain cautious." Elemenar scans what he can see of the area when they walk around it. As if reminded by Eyden's actions, Elemenar finds a wand from his bag and casts a quick spell on himself.

Cast mage armor on self


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

With the party girded for this mysterious bear, they stand at the door. Nothing untoward or curious has assailed them... yet.

What now brave Pathfinders?

The Concordance

M Sylph Sorcerer (djinni-blooded) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | *Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness | F:+0 R:+2 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +1* | SM: +0 |
Spells Known:
1 (2/4): Color Spray (DC 15), Heighten Awareness; 0: detect magic, message, ray of frost, read magic

With his temporarily heightened senses, Eyden leans in to listen at the door.

Perception, Heightened Awareness: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

I’m sorry not to have moved Eyden’s token on the map, but I’m not sure if his is the one with the green border or the other.

Edit: I made a mistake in my Perception roll - with Heightened Awareness, Eyden’s Perception modifier increases to a whopping +1, instead of +2, so the final result should be a 4 instead of 5. Just wanted to correct the record on the off-chance there was a DC 5 Perception check to be made.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Now worries and thanks for the heads up!

The door, and truly the whole building, seems quiet as a tomb.

Grand Lodge

”Zadim” | Male N Medium Human Slayer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMD 16| F +3 R +4 W +2; | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

"All clear?" Zadim asks as he skulks up to the door.

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Assuming that he doesn't hear anything, and Eyden occurs, Zadim will open the door normally.

If he does hear something:

With a gentle touch, Zadim slowly and quietly pushes the door open, keeping an eye out for whatever made the noise.

Stealth: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Zadim concurs that there's nothing to hear, and cautiously opens the door.

The grounds of the ruined estate contain a few crumbled statues, overgrown hedges, and an empty pool that is now little more than a pit filled with decades of leaves, sticks, and mud. Bones litter the grounds... Map updated

DM:

1d20 ⇒ 20

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 5/14 | AC: [mage armor: 18/13/15] 14 T: 13 FF: 11 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray, grease

"It appears that we must enter. I don't see anything suspicious out here."

Elemenar moves into the courtyard and, out of habit, begins casting detect magic around the area.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Elemenar enters the grounds, and almost immediately there's movement in the overgrowth. Already expecting danger, the Pathfinders are ready! No surprise

It's the bear! It's not large or primal enough to be a dire bear, but it is clearly, extremely, agitated! There's also something... wrong with it. The bear is clearly not normal.

Bear: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (18) - 2 = 16
Eyden: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Treble: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10
Elemenar: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Zadim: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Round 1:
Eyden: Go
Bear: TBD
Elemenar: TBD
Treble: TBD
Zadim: TBD

The Concordance

M Sylph Sorcerer (djinni-blooded) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | *Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness | F:+0 R:+2 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +1* | SM: +0 |
Spells Known:
1 (2/4): Color Spray (DC 15), Heighten Awareness; 0: detect magic, message, ray of frost, read magic

There's something wrong with that thing. Eyden moves into the courtyard, staying out of the creature's direct path, and readies a spell to cast if the bear comes within range.

Readied action:
If the creature gets within 15 feet of Eyden, he immediately casts Color Spray (DC 15 Will save).


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

The bear, clearly out of sorts, indeed advances: Will: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 19, resisting the well placed spell. It's teeth gnash at the sylph:
Bite: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11, but Desna smiles and the bite misses!

Round 1:
Eyden: Color Spray
Bear: ATK
Elemenar: Go
Treble: Go
Zadim: Go

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 5/14 | AC: [mage armor: 18/13/15] 14 T: 13 FF: 11 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray, grease

Did my Detect Magic up above detect anything?

Elemenar looks calmly as the bear appears. It does, in fact, look odd but that will have to be handled later. The first priority will be to keep from getting harmed.

He digs through his bag and finds the wand he was looking for. The magic in the wand only extends so far so he holds it at the ready for when the bear gets close enough.

Move action: grabbed wand of burning hands from bag. Waiting till the bear is closer to use it.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

My apologies for missing that. No, nothing was detected in the time you had it up.

Elemenar grabs a wand, ready for the bear at extreme close range.

Round 1:
Eyden: Color Spray
Bear: ATK
Elemenar: Wand and prep
Treble: Go
Zadim: Go

Grand Lodge

Male LN Samsaran Inquisitor of Magdh (knowledge domain) 1 | HP 3/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF13 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F +3, R +2, W +3 (+2 vs. death effects, neg energy effects, neg levels) | Init +8 | Perc: +7, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft | 1/day comprehend languages, deathwatch, stabilize, Judgement 1/day, low-light vision | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Treble mutters a small incantation and taps Zadim on the shoulder. "Should Fate will it, may Magdh guide your weapon true."
Cast Guidance on Zadim.
He then moves forward to possibly lend further assistance to the rest of the group.

Grand Lodge

”Zadim” | Male N Medium Human Slayer 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 16, T 12, FF 14 | CMD 16| F +3 R +4 W +2; | Init +2 | Perc +4 | Speed 30ft | Active Conditions: None.

Zadim gives Treble a look of agreement, and nods in thanks. With a purposeful stride, the Sarenite also moves forward, using a moment to give a once-over of the bear.

Move
Standard - convert to move - Study Bear.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Treble bolsters Zadim as the slayer himself studies his target.

Round 1:
Eyden: Go
Bear: TBD
Elemenar: TBD
Treble: TBD
Zadim: TBD

The Concordance

M Sylph Sorcerer (djinni-blooded) 1 | HP 7/7 | AC 12 T 12 FF 10 | CMB: -1, CMD: 11 | *Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness | F:+0 R:+2 W:+2 | Init:+6 | Per: +1* | SM: +0 |
Spells Known:
1 (2/4): Color Spray (DC 15), Heighten Awareness; 0: detect magic, message, ray of frost, read magic

Eyden stares at the bear for a moment, hardly believing that the creature's claws missed him.

That was foolish, apparently. Time to try something else.

Eyden silently bolts, running just far enough away that there are others - better armored others - between him and the bear.

Full withdraw.


MAP TEMPLATES | Giantslayer | Fall of Plaguestone | Skull & Shackles |

Eyden pulls away, never letting his guard down. The bear, devoid of strategy, simply moves of Zadim. Teeth gnash as spittle flies. The bear bites and claws at the slayer.

Bite: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 - 2 = 5 MISS
Left Claw: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (18) + 5 - 2 = 21 for DMG: 1d3 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Right Claw: 1d20 + 5 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 - 2 = 10 MISS

But only one claw draws blood!

Round 1:
Eyden: Withdraw
Bear: ATK
Elemenar: Go
Treble: Go
Zadim: Go

Grand Lodge

Male LN Samsaran Inquisitor of Magdh (knowledge domain) 1 | HP 3/10 | AC 15 T 12 FF13 | CMB +2, CMD 14 | F +3, R +2, W +3 (+2 vs. death effects, neg energy effects, neg levels) | Init +8 | Perc: +7, SM +11 | Speed 30 ft | 1/day comprehend languages, deathwatch, stabilize, Judgement 1/day, low-light vision | Spells: 1st 2/2 | Active conditions: none

Treble steps forward as the sylph withdraws, trusting that it is not his fate to die so quickly. He swings with his scythe, trying to mow down the bear as easily as a farmer sowing his fields.
scythe swing: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 = 8

Sovereign Court

Male NG elf Wizard 2 | HP 5/14 | AC: [mage armor: 18/13/15] 14 T: 13 FF: 11 CMD: 13 | F +1 R +2 W +4* | Init +4 | Perc +5 | Fire jet: 7/7 | Lvl 1 spells: burning hands, shield, color spray, grease

Elemenar takes a step to the side so that he can get a clear view of the bear. He points the wand at the bear and speaks a few arcane words. Suddenly a cone of flame shoots forward to envelope it.

Burning hands, cone avoids Zadim, reflex DC 16

burning hands: 2d4 ⇒ (3, 2) = 5

1 to 50 of 105 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GM School] Dungeon Master S "House of Harmonious Wisdom" All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.