GM Fuzzfoot's AP: Giantslayer

Game Master PJP

Map of Trunau | Tactical Maps | Notes and Exhibits | Party Treasure


3,101 to 3,150 of 3,197 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>

Attacking:
Morning Star +5 (1d8+1), Light Crossbow + 3 (1d8 16 Bolts) CMB +4/CMD 14 l; Channel Energy 0/4 (2d6)
HP 51 l AC 19 (FF 19, T 10) l F+8/R+3/W+11 l Ini +4 l Perc +9

I will do light once I get into the room, keeps the element of surprise.


Male Dwarf Fighter/8 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 T: 12 FF: 23 (+4 vs. giants, +4 mobility) | CMB: +12 CMD: 24 | Fort: +10 Ref: +4 Will: +3 | Init: +3 Perc: +5

Balmir snarls in disgust. "What a filthy vermin you are. A disgrace!" He moves into the room as quickly as his short legs allow. As soon as he is in reach of the rogue dwarf he swings at him with the hammer.

agrimmosh@lokmorr,power attack: 1d20 + 15 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 15 - 2 = 24
damage,power attack: 2d6 + 7 + 4 ⇒ (5, 2) + 7 + 4 = 18


Male Gnome Wizard (Illusionist) 8 | 50/50 HP | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +7 | Initiative +1 | Perception +14 | Arcane Focus 1/1 | Blinding Ray 7/8 | Invisibility Field 8/8

Once there's light, Tam wastes no time in conjuring one of his most potent new spells. He murmurs something that sounds forbidding and makes mystic passes.

Nobody sees anything happen.

DM:
Except the rogue dwarf, who sees mist and smoke coalesce into his worst fear, which surges toward him, engulfing him with claws as it cackles...

Casting phantasmal killer. DC 20 Will save to disbelieve. If that fails, DC 20 Fortitude save. Results are: Succeed Will save: No effect. Fail Will save, succeed Fort save: 3d6 damage. Fail both: Dead.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

No, the debris doesn't seem to cause difficult terrain, but thanks for asking!

Light suddenly bathes the area as you all rush in. Ingrahilde hits with both axes, but the second seems to not even be noticed. Likewise, Balmir rushes in and smacks his hammer firmly into the evil dwarf's side.

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 3 + 2 + 2 = 15
Fort Save: 1d20 + 13 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 13 + 2 + 2 = 29
Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (6, 1, 4) = 11

Suddenly a look of fear crosses the dwarf's face."NO!!! YOU CAN"T BE BACK!"

Whatever he sees seems to cause much mental anguish. But then the moment passes, and the dwarf looks angrier than ever.

Mouser, you can take your round 1 action now.

Round 1: (Bold may act)
Mouser
Balmir (+3 natural armor)
Derrik (15 dmg)
Ingrahild
Somer (+5 images)
Tamxander
Lokmorr, the Betrayer (33 dmg)

The Exchange

Halfling Rogue 4 / Swashbuckler 1 / Halfling Opportunist 3 | HP 67/67 | AC 27; Tch 17; FF 21 | F +7; R +17; W +7 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +7 | +1 Rapier: +14 (1d4+7/18-20) | Perc +15

"That's right! We're back, buddy!" Mouser says as he rushes forward to attack.

+1 Rapier (sneak attack): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (19) + 13 = 321d4 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 104d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 2, 3) = 12 Sneak attack if he's still flat-footed since it's first round and he hasn't acted. 22 dmg if sneak attack. 39 dmg if crit.
CRIT?: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (2) + 13 = 151d4 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 114d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 3, 1) = 6


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Not a critical hit, but Mouser finds a vulnerable spot and pokes the bear.

Unfortunately, he also is close enough to witness that the wound is already starting to self-repair.

"Tricky, tricky..." he growls in dwarven. The next sound he makes is an agonizing wail, reverberating off the walls.

Everyone make a Will Save, DC13. This is a sonic mind-affecting fear effect. If you fail, you become shaken.

Then he moves back into the other room.

This allows an AoO for Ingrahilde, Balmir and Mouser.

Round 2: (Bold may act)
Mouser
Balmir (+3 natural armor)
Derrik (15 dmg)
Ingrahild
Somer (+5 images)
Tamxander

Lokmorr, the Betrayer (45 dmg)

The Exchange

Halfling Rogue 4 / Swashbuckler 1 / Halfling Opportunist 3 | HP 67/67 | AC 27; Tch 17; FF 21 | F +7; R +17; W +7 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +7 | +1 Rapier: +14 (1d4+7/18-20) | Perc +15

"Hey now, settle down! No need to yell!" Mouser exclaims as he stabs the evil dwarf again.

Seeing the dwarf retreating, Mouser double-times it around the east side of the room, hoping to both get behind him and cut off escape.

Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14

AoO, +1 Rapier: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 291d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Double move around the east side of the room to avoid AoO.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Mouser's AoO does cause a scratch, but then as he tries to move into the room, he finds that the dwarf monster is quick too, and has pretty good reach with that spear.

First square you move out of on the other side of the door draws an AoO.

Spear attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17

Luckily, the strike misses. (Do you continue around?)

The Exchange

Halfling Rogue 4 / Swashbuckler 1 / Halfling Opportunist 3 | HP 67/67 | AC 27; Tch 17; FF 21 | F +7; R +17; W +7 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +7 | +1 Rapier: +14 (1d4+7/18-20) | Perc +15

Yes, continue around.

acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30


Male Gnome Wizard (Illusionist) 8 | 50/50 HP | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +7 | Initiative +1 | Perception +14 | Arcane Focus 1/1 | Blinding Ray 7/8 | Invisibility Field 8/8

Will save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

"Gotta learn to get some extra reach on my spells," grumbles Tam as Mouser rushes out of his reach.

Ranged touch attack, into melee: 1d20 + 6 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 6 - 4 = 19

Tam conjures a ghastly shadowy mass that launches from his hands and slams into the dwarf.

Gloomblind bolts damage: 4d6 ⇒ (6, 4, 3, 5) = 18

If this hits, he must make a DC 19 Reflex save or be blinded for 1 round. Keep in mind, team, that if he's blinded he probably can't make attacks of opportunity with the reach on that spear!


HP: 32/55 | AC: 18/12/16 | Fort: +7 / Ref +7 / Will +3 | Dwarf Character Sheet

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16

AOO +1 Dwarven Ax Main Hand 1st Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

Ingrahild is momentairly suprised by the inhuman wail but will not let get someone defiling the family crypt get away. She steps up and into the room following the dwarf. She does stop at the end of the glass floor, while made she fears a trap.


Status: Flaming 9/10 | 9/9 CLW Potion | 1/1 Pearl | 1/1 Orc Slaying Arrow | 9/10 +1 Orc Bane Arrows Magus 8 | hp 11/40 | Init 6, Per 12 (L-LV) | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD: 23 | CMB +9 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6 | +12/+7 +1 Merianna's Thorn (1d8+4X20 | Long Sword +9 (1d8+3-19-20x2,S) | +10 Dagger (1d4+4 19-20/x2) Arcane 6/7 |

Will: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Somer quickly moves into the room and steps to the side keeping his back to the wall. He simply fires one arrow for the moment.

+1 Merianna's Thorn PB: 1d20 + 12 - 2 ⇒ (8) + 12 - 2 = 18
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9
Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2


Attacking:
Morning Star +5 (1d8+1), Light Crossbow + 3 (1d8 16 Bolts) CMB +4/CMD 14 l; Channel Energy 0/4 (2d6)
HP 51 l AC 19 (FF 19, T 10) l F+8/R+3/W+11 l Ini +4 l Perc +9

Will save: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

Tam I moved you since you would be where you are I think?

"Milani give us a blessing, allow us to drive this vile traitor from this tomb for our friends." Derrik Calls out.

Prayer


Male Dwarf Fighter/8 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 T: 12 FF: 23 (+4 vs. giants, +4 mobility) | CMB: +12 CMD: 24 | Fort: +10 Ref: +4 Will: +3 | Init: +3 Perc: +5

Will: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Balmir tries to shake off the wailing but it pierces him to his soul. Digging deep into his psyche and resonating with the dwarven heritage that he shares with the betrayer. The echos of that resonance leave him shaken.

As the dwarf moves away from Balmir he swings the hammer.

Agrimmosh, AoO: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 1) + 7 = 11

Then he takes a few steps to follow him and smashes down on him again.

Agrimmosh@lokmorr,power attack,prayer: 1d20 + 15 - 2 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 15 - 2 + 1 = 17
damage,power attack,prayer: 2d6 + 7 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4, 6) + 7 + 4 + 1 = 22


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

As Balmir comes in the door, the dwarf takes another opportunity to stab at Balmir. But luck, and some decent defenses, prrevents any damage.

Spear AoO: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20

Mouser makes it around the room, and Balmir closes in, but Agrimmosh goes wide and misses the foe. Ingrahilde and Somer also manage to miss the target.

Reflex save DC19: 1d20 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 3 + 2 = 24

Tam's arsenal is seeming to be particularly effective here!
But the blindness failed.

The Betrayer steps back 5 feet and starts spinning his spear around, attacking Ingrahilde first, and then Balmir. Ingrahilde is
hurt badly by the force of the blow.

Attack: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22
Damage: 2d6 + 11 ⇒ (6, 6) + 11 = 23

Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24 Miss!

Round 3: (Bold may act)
Mouser
Balmir (+3 natural armor)
Derrik (15 dmg)
Ingrahild (23 dmg)
Somer (+5 images)
Tamxander

Lokmorr, the Betrayer (66 dmg)


HP: 32/55 | AC: 18/12/16 | Fort: +7 / Ref +7 / Will +3 | Dwarf Character Sheet

Ingrahild wince in pain at the blow but steps forward axes flying fast at the trespasser. Her words come out between each swing of an ax.

"Why are you here! What have you done to my family!"

+1 Dwarven Ax Main Hand 1st Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
+2 Hand AxOff Hand 1st Attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

+1 Dwarven Ax Main Hand 2st Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Damage: 1d10 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
CRIT CONFIRM - +1 Dwarven Ax Main Hand 2st Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Damage: 2d10 + 8 ⇒ (1, 3) + 8 = 12
+2 Hand AxOff Hand 2st Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Status: Flaming 9/10 | 9/9 CLW Potion | 1/1 Pearl | 1/1 Orc Slaying Arrow | 9/10 +1 Orc Bane Arrows Magus 8 | hp 11/40 | Init 6, Per 12 (L-LV) | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD: 23 | CMB +9 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6 | +12/+7 +1 Merianna's Thorn (1d8+4X20 | Long Sword +9 (1d8+3-19-20x2,S) | +10 Dagger (1d4+4 19-20/x2) Arcane 6/7 |

Somer holds his position slightly taken aback by the fury of their female dwarf friend. He mumbles "Get him." before casting a spell that wreaths his arrows in flame.

Spell Combat / Bullseye Shot / Point Blank - cant move
+1 Merianna's Thorn PB Bullseye SC: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 16 - 2 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6
Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

+1 Merianna's Thorn PB Bullseye SC: 1d20 + 16 - 2 ⇒ (14) + 16 - 2 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 4 + 1 = 13
Electric Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Scorching Ray w/ First Hit - Fire: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 5, 2) = 12


Male Dwarf Fighter/8 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 T: 12 FF: 23 (+4 vs. giants, +4 mobility) | CMB: +12 CMD: 24 | Fort: +10 Ref: +4 Will: +3 | Init: +3 Perc: +5

Balmir steps up when the traitor steps back and swings the hammer again and again.

Step Up feat
agrimmosh@lokmorr: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (19) + 15 = 34
damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 3) + 7 = 13
agrimmosh@lokmorr: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27
damage: 2d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 6) + 7 = 16

Should have used the power attack this time...


Status: Flaming 9/10 | 9/9 CLW Potion | 1/1 Pearl | 1/1 Orc Slaying Arrow | 9/10 +1 Orc Bane Arrows Magus 8 | hp 11/40 | Init 6, Per 12 (L-LV) | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD: 23 | CMB +9 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6 | +12/+7 +1 Merianna's Thorn (1d8+4X20 | Long Sword +9 (1d8+3-19-20x2,S) | +10 Dagger (1d4+4 19-20/x2) Arcane 6/7 |

I am very nervous now that three people are fighting on the glass. Eeek.

The Exchange

Halfling Rogue 4 / Swashbuckler 1 / Halfling Opportunist 3 | HP 67/67 | AC 27; Tch 17; FF 21 | F +7; R +17; W +7 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +7 | +1 Rapier: +14 (1d4+7/18-20) | Perc +15

Mouser darts in and stabs at the dwarf in the back.

+1 Rapier (flank, sneak attack): 1d20 + 13 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 13 + 2 = 211d4 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 84d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 6) = 17
If hits, target is disoriented for 1 round (target takes a –2 penalty on attack rolls, or -4 penalty vs. Mouser).


Male Gnome Wizard (Illusionist) 8 | 50/50 HP | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +7 | Initiative +1 | Perception +14 | Arcane Focus 1/1 | Blinding Ray 7/8 | Invisibility Field 8/8

Tam snaps his fingers and suddenly vanishes.


Attacking:
Morning Star +5 (1d8+1), Light Crossbow + 3 (1d8 16 Bolts) CMB +4/CMD 14 l; Channel Energy 0/4 (2d6)
HP 51 l AC 19 (FF 19, T 10) l F+8/R+3/W+11 l Ini +4 l Perc +9

Have we figured out what his reach with that weapon is?

Derrik touches the Holy symbol on his face, the rose of Milani. "Milani allow me to heal the wounds of this righteous dwarf." A pulse of holy energy bursts out of Derrik.

Channel with Selective the baddy: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 6, 2) = 13


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Looks like 10' reach. I have actually done a few things tactically poorly... so good news for you!

Mouser Acrobatics to avoid AoO: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28 I assume you want to do this...

Mouser darts in and stabs the dwarf in the back of the knee.

Balmir makes 2 solid hits, and Ingrahilde makes 1 critical hit.

Somer, I don't understand your +16 to hit - can you explain it to me? I see +4 BAB +4 Dex +1 bow +1 WF +1 PBR +4 bullseye (first shot only, right?) Also, where is the electrical damage coming from? In any case, he has DR5, pluse Electrical resistance 5 and fire resistance 5, so a lot of your impact this round got swallowed by those...

Somer grazes the dwarf with two arrows, the first blasting him with fire, and the second being a little better aimed.

Still, it is just enought to put the dwarf down.

Screaming as he falls, his body crumbles to dust, leaving only his masterwork breastplate, a large longspear, Nargrym’s steel hand an elaborately braided dwarven beard decorated with three gold rings and an intricately engraved platinum beard clasp in the shape of a castle sitting atop a cloud.

Congrats! You did a massive amount of damage that round, despite all of his defenses - but still only 4 hp more than necessary to stop him! Tamxander's magic was very helpful - it was one of the few things he didn't have great defenses for!


Status: Flaming 9/10 | 9/9 CLW Potion | 1/1 Pearl | 1/1 Orc Slaying Arrow | 9/10 +1 Orc Bane Arrows Magus 8 | hp 11/40 | Init 6, Per 12 (L-LV) | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD: 23 | CMB +9 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6 | +12/+7 +1 Merianna's Thorn (1d8+4X20 | Long Sword +9 (1d8+3-19-20x2,S) | +10 Dagger (1d4+4 19-20/x2) Arcane 6/7 |

+5 BAB / +4 Dex / +1 Point Blank / +1 Weapon Focus / +1 Enchantment Bonus / +4 Steady Shot

Where I made a mistake is the second shot should be at +12 not +16. The first arrow can be plus four as long as I don't move.

The Exchange

Halfling Rogue 4 / Swashbuckler 1 / Halfling Opportunist 3 | HP 67/67 | AC 27; Tch 17; FF 21 | F +7; R +17; W +7 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +7 | +1 Rapier: +14 (1d4+7/18-20) | Perc +15

Mouser smiles as the dwarf falls.

"Good riddance! May all traitors and those who look down upon others as half-people die similarly!" he says.

He helps search the body for the items they had come for.

"This stuff looks valuable!" he says. "Though, once again, probably not stuff I can use well."


Status: Flaming 9/10 | 9/9 CLW Potion | 1/1 Pearl | 1/1 Orc Slaying Arrow | 9/10 +1 Orc Bane Arrows Magus 8 | hp 11/40 | Init 6, Per 12 (L-LV) | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD: 23 | CMB +9 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6 | +12/+7 +1 Merianna's Thorn (1d8+4X20 | Long Sword +9 (1d8+3-19-20x2,S) | +10 Dagger (1d4+4 19-20/x2) Arcane 6/7 |

Missed the question about electrical. I have reach the point where I can add an effect to the bow using my arcane pool. I think the only difference is that my BAB is 5 not 4.

Somer lets out a breath and nods. He looks to their dwarf companions.

"I hope this brings your family some peace. Whatever foul work he was doing is done now."

He looks over what was dropped after casting detect magic.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Attacking:
Morning Star +5 (1d8+1), Light Crossbow + 3 (1d8 16 Bolts) CMB +4/CMD 14 l; Channel Energy 0/4 (2d6)
HP 51 l AC 19 (FF 19, T 10) l F+8/R+3/W+11 l Ini +4 l Perc +9

Spell craft Aid: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (20) + 9 = 29

K Religion on the dwarf?: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30

"Did we find out who he was? Maybe an ancestor of yours?'


Male Dwarf Fighter/8 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 T: 12 FF: 23 (+4 vs. giants, +4 mobility) | CMB: +12 CMD: 24 | Fort: +10 Ref: +4 Will: +3 | Init: +3 Perc: +5

Balmir's shoulders slump with the fall of the traitor. He didn't realize how much tension he was holding in them. How could a fellow dwarf do something like this?

He moves to the side of the room and sits down so that others can have time to sort through the remains of Lokmorr.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Looking over the gear, you see that both the longspear and the steel hand are magical, as is the non-metallic scale mail armor found in the viewing room down below.

Umlo thanks you for helping find and defend his ancestor's resting place. Pulling out a few history books he has, he does some research while you all rest and recuperate.

With Derrik's and Somer's help, the three of them come to the conclusion that the dwarf here was Lokmorr Edergun—now known as Lokmorr the Betrayer. He was buried alive in the tomb of the man he murdered. But his sentence did not end with his death, for Torag condemned Lokmorr with eternal life. Unable to die of natural causes and prevented by the curse from killing himself, the accursed dwarf has remained trapped in the tomb for 639 years. Lokmorr began his sentence locked in the cage next to Nargrym’s sarcophagus. After many years, he managed to escape by breaking most of his bones and brutally contorting his body, which left him horribly scarred and mutilated.

Finally free of his cage, Lokmorr wandered aimlessly through the tomb, sometimes sleeping for weeks at a time until nightmares and excruciating pain shake him from his torpor. Although his curse prevented him from starving to death, Lokmorr still felt hunger. Early in his imprisonment, he fed on Nargrym’s dead flesh and bones, and even tried eating many of the tomb’s treasures. It also appears her caught rats that crawl into the tomb and devours them when he can.

Lokmorr hacked off Nargrym’s beard and crushed his skull. He stole Nargrym’s magic spear, Heartspit, and even chewed off his own hand in order to take Nargrym’s fabled steel hand for himself.

Umlo requests a single heirloom to return to their family: Nargrym’s platinum beard clasp, which was crafted from a cloud giant’s ring. Lokmorr has the clasp among his possessions, still attached to Nargrym’s shorn beard.

The other artifacts, Hearspit (the spear), the Steel Hand (which requires a bit of a sacrifice of your own hand to use), and the armor which appears to be made from the fingernails of giants.

Heartspit:

Nargrym Steelhand took this spear from the dead hands of the taiga giant warlord Neveraka, and used the weapon for the rest of his giantslaying career.
HEARTSPIT
PRICE 10,310 GP
SLOT none
CL 8th
WEIGHT 18 lbs.
AURA moderate evocation
Fitted with a menacingly cruel 2-foot-long barbed iron head, this Large +1 giant-bane longspear can skewer an opponent, lodging beneath the flesh and holding fast. On a confirmed critical hit with the spear, Heartspit’s wielder can attempt a combat maneuver check to grapple the target as a free action. This grapple attempt does not provoke an attack of opportunity from the target if that creature is not threatening the wielder. While grappling a creature with Heartspit, the wielder can move or damage the target with the spear only on the wielder’s turn. The wielder is still considered grappled, though he does not have to be adjacent to the target to continue the grapple. If the wielder ends the grapple or the target successfully breaks the grapple, the target takes 4d6 points of slashing damage as the spear’s barbed head is ripped free.
CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS
COST 5,310 GP
Craft Magic Arms and Armor, hold person, keen edge,
summon monster I

Giant’s Nail Scale Mail:

Nargrym Steelhand crafted this scale mail coat from fingernails pried from the hands of hill giants he had slain.
GIANT’S NAIL SCALE MAIL
SLOT armor PRICE 9,200 GP
CL 7th
WEIGHT 30 lbs.
AURA moderate necromancy
This thick coat of +2 scale mail is crafted from waxy scales of varying sizes with a sickly, jaundiced color—the grime-stained fingernails of dead hill giants. Any creature of the giant subtype who comes within 30 feet of giant’s nail scale mail must succeed at a DC 16 Will save or take a –4 penalty on attack rolls and saving throws for 1d4 rounds. This ability functions as a gaze effect. It is a mind- affecting fear effect, but it does not stack with other fear effects to create stronger fear conditions. A giant who succeeds at the saving throw is immune to this effect for 24 hours. If a giant rolls a natural 20 on its saving throw, it becomes enraged by the sight of the armor. The giant gains the effects of the rage spell for 1d4 rounds and is compelled to attack the armor’s wearer for the duration of this effect.
CONSTRUCTION REQUIREMENTS
COST 4,700 GP
Craft Magic Arms and Armor, fear, rage

Nargrym’s Steel Hand:

Nargrym Steelhand replaced the hand he lost to a frost giant’s greataxe with this magic prosthesis.
NARGRYM’S STEEL HAND
MINOR ARTIFACT
SLOT none
CL 20th
WEIGHT 3 lbs.
AURA strong transmutation
Forged from solid steel, this magically animated prosthetic hand is elaborately sculpted down to the finest detail. Nargrym’s steel hand can be used to replace the normal hand of a humanoid creature—it can’t be worn in addition to an already existing hand. When attached to the wrist stump of a living humanoid creature, Nargrym’s steel hand magically forms a permanent bond to the wearer’s flesh and nerves. Once the hand has bonded to the wearer’s wrist,the wearer gains full control over the hand as if it were part of his own body. The hand has a full range of motion and functions as a normal hand. While worn, Nargrym’s steel hand grants its wearer a +2 enhancement bonus to Strength (treat this as a temporary ability bonus for the first 24 hours the hand is worn) and a +5 bonus to CMD against disarm attempts. In addition, the wearer can wield weapons of one size category larger than the wearer’s size without penalty and without altering the weapon’s designation as a light, one-handed, or two-handed weapon. For example, a Medium creature wearing Nargrym’s steel hand could wield a Large longspear as a two-handed weapon without penalty. However, whenever the wearer of the hand is within line of sight of a creature with the giant subtype, he must succeed at DC 15 Will save or be compelled to attack the giant, as suggestion. Once bonded to a wearer, Nargrym’s steel hand cannot be removed except by the wearer or after the wearer’s death.
DESTRUCTION
Nargrym’s steel hand is destroyed if it is smashed by a giant wielding a hammer of thunderbolts.


Attacking:
Morning Star +5 (1d8+1), Light Crossbow + 3 (1d8 16 Bolts) CMB +4/CMD 14 l; Channel Energy 0/4 (2d6)
HP 51 l AC 19 (FF 19, T 10) l F+8/R+3/W+11 l Ini +4 l Perc +9

"Yes Umlo you can have that clasp, it is the least we can do for you and Ingrahild. Thank you for allowing us to come to your ancestors tomb and paying our respects." Derrik says while praying over the body of Nargrym once they are ready to go. "I can sanctify this place but it will be in Milani's name"


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

"Thank you. I believe Torag will not be offended by Milani's help, and my family will be forever grateful."

As you cleanse the place of the filth and repair the damages, you also rediscover the rolled up carpet filled with treasures - and some dangerous yellow mold. Taking care to transport it, once it is up to the sunlight, the mold shrivels and dies.

The carpet lies in the northeast alcove and contains a bronze abacus with hematite beads (worth 600 gp), a large drinking horn engraved with entwining oak leaves and silver inlays (worth 135 gp), an ivory measuring rod with carved Dwarven numbers (worth 25 gp), an obsidian statuette of a female fire giant (worth 250 gp), a wooden box containing a set of eight bronze measuring weights (from 1/4 ounce up to 5 ounces) carved to resemble squatting goblins (worth 130 gp), and a sack holding 400 cp. The valuables inside the southeast alcove include a pair of boots of the winterlands, a clay vase on an iron stand sculpted to look like a coiled dragon (worth 65 gp), three chunks of azurite (worth 6 gp each), a golden yellow topaz (worth 300 gp), and a small leather-embossed casket holding 2 pp, 35 gp, and 150 sp.

All loot added to sheet.


Status: Flaming 9/10 | 9/9 CLW Potion | 1/1 Pearl | 1/1 Orc Slaying Arrow | 9/10 +1 Orc Bane Arrows Magus 8 | hp 11/40 | Init 6, Per 12 (L-LV) | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD: 23 | CMB +9 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6 | +12/+7 +1 Merianna's Thorn (1d8+4X20 | Long Sword +9 (1d8+3-19-20x2,S) | +10 Dagger (1d4+4 19-20/x2) Arcane 6/7 |

Are we robbing the tomb if we take that stuff?


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Well, the AP assumes you will take this stuff, and Umlo and Ingrahilde give their blessing - they prefer the treasures be used to further defeat giants. So don't worry about being a tomb robber - no curse will follow you!


Attacking:
Morning Star +5 (1d8+1), Light Crossbow + 3 (1d8 16 Bolts) CMB +4/CMD 14 l; Channel Energy 0/4 (2d6)
HP 51 l AC 19 (FF 19, T 10) l F+8/R+3/W+11 l Ini +4 l Perc +9

Derrik will go about the burial chamber, cleaning and Praying to Milani and Torag to bless this place and together they can protect this fallen hero.

Once outside Derrik will plant a small garden of roses, "Milani's flowers will watch over the outside of this tomb for all time." While on the road Derrik will look the hand over. "Seems an interesting item, one will have to lose a hand to put this on, I will volunteer myself if no one else objects."

The Exchange

Halfling Rogue 4 / Swashbuckler 1 / Halfling Opportunist 3 | HP 67/67 | AC 27; Tch 17; FF 21 | F +7; R +17; W +7 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +7 | +1 Rapier: +14 (1d4+7/18-20) | Perc +15

Mouser has no interest in cutting his hand off.

"These skilled digits could never be replaced by that gauntlet. If you want to do that, be my guest," he says as he gathers up the treasure.

"I guess we should rest and then be on our way."


Status: Flaming 9/10 | 9/9 CLW Potion | 1/1 Pearl | 1/1 Orc Slaying Arrow | 9/10 +1 Orc Bane Arrows Magus 8 | hp 11/40 | Init 6, Per 12 (L-LV) | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD: 23 | CMB +9 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6 | +12/+7 +1 Merianna's Thorn (1d8+4X20 | Long Sword +9 (1d8+3-19-20x2,S) | +10 Dagger (1d4+4 19-20/x2) Arcane 6/7 |

Somer looks over the pile of treasure and other items.

"Mouser, these boots will leave not tracks in snow and allow you to move at normal speed. If we end up in the snow they may be good for you being all sneaky and short legged."

Beyond that he helps back things up to use as resources for their continued battles.

Umlo, Ingrahild what are you plans now. Come and fight the good life or return home and out of mortal danger?"


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

"As much as we would like to join you, our quest has already taken quite the toll on us. We have, with your help, achieved our gaol and must now return to our family to tell the tale. We will, of course, also spread word of your mission and try to get others to shore up the defenses. Take these items to aid you in your quest, and know our prayers will be with you."

The siblings will leave when you do, helping to reseal the tomb.

For the rest of you, this is probably a good time to level up to level 8.

The Exchange

Halfling Rogue 4 / Swashbuckler 1 / Halfling Opportunist 3 | HP 67/67 | AC 27; Tch 17; FF 21 | F +7; R +17; W +7 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +7 | +1 Rapier: +14 (1d4+7/18-20) | Perc +15

"Short legged? I've made it clear you're the freak here, not me! How do you walk around on those toothpicks?!" he asks.

Mouser bids farewell to the siblings as they prepare for their next journey.


Attacking:
Morning Star +5 (1d8+1), Light Crossbow + 3 (1d8 16 Bolts) CMB +4/CMD 14 l; Channel Energy 0/4 (2d6)
HP 51 l AC 19 (FF 19, T 10) l F+8/R+3/W+11 l Ini +4 l Perc +9

'You are right Mouser, us Doublings are the true freaks." Derrik says with a smile.

"Now to this hand, we have to remove my right hand then sear this one on to the stump. Maybe we should do this still in the tomb so when I do yell it won't attract the entire planet?" Derrik says


Male Gnome Wizard (Illusionist) 8 | 50/50 HP | AC 13 T 12 FF 11 | Fort +4 Ref +4 Will +7 | Initiative +1 | Perception +14 | Arcane Focus 1/1 | Blinding Ray 7/8 | Invisibility Field 8/8

"That sounds highly dangerous and painful," says Tam. "And what if something goes wrong? You won't be in any condition to cast a healing spell on yourself. Our best bet is to try this in a temple where priests are on hand - heh - in case of trouble."


Attacking:
Morning Star +5 (1d8+1), Light Crossbow + 3 (1d8 16 Bolts) CMB +4/CMD 14 l; Channel Energy 0/4 (2d6)
HP 51 l AC 19 (FF 19, T 10) l F+8/R+3/W+11 l Ini +4 l Perc +9

"Then we press on to Shinnermans fortune? We can get there quickly and go from there to track down this giant threat." Derrik says carefully stowing the hand in his pack.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Shinnerman’s Fortune: This village is populated almost entirely by prospectors who pan for gold and silver in the Mindspin range’s many mountain streams. The small but sprawling settlement is isolated, and the fewer than 100 people who call it home fiercely value their independence. A small council sees to any governance needed, but it mainly represents the prospectors’ business interests. In recent months, though, the villagers have had to be more vigilant, as giant activity has increased in the mountains.

On the second day of the journey, after about 18 miles of travel, you reach a small stream that flows from the southeast, the same direction you’re traveling. An overgrown footpath runs alongside the stream, allowing you to set a faster pace. After a few hours, you come upon a remote cottage.

In a small clearing a few hundred feet from the stream, a wisp of smoke trickles from the chimney of a two-story stone cottage. Its front door has been bashed inward, its splintered panels hanging crookedly from a single hinge. Several large chips mar the exterior stonework and a sizable hole has been torn in the thatched roof. Loud crashing noises come from within.


Attacking:
Morning Star +5 (1d8+1), Light Crossbow + 3 (1d8 16 Bolts) CMB +4/CMD 14 l; Channel Energy 0/4 (2d6)
HP 51 l AC 19 (FF 19, T 10) l F+8/R+3/W+11 l Ini +4 l Perc +9

Derrik looks at Balmir before unslinging his shield and attaching it to his arm and drawing his Morning Star.

"Trouble I bet."


Male Dwarf Fighter/8 | HP: 73/73 | AC: 25 T: 12 FF: 23 (+4 vs. giants, +4 mobility) | CMB: +12 CMD: 24 | Fort: +10 Ref: +4 Will: +3 | Init: +3 Perc: +5

"Sure looks like it." Balmir heft the hammer and rolls his shoulders. "With any luck it will be a giant in there."

Need to level up! I'll try to today.

The Exchange

Halfling Rogue 4 / Swashbuckler 1 / Halfling Opportunist 3 | HP 67/67 | AC 27; Tch 17; FF 21 | F +7; R +17; W +7 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +7 | +1 Rapier: +14 (1d4+7/18-20) | Perc +15

Mouser nods at Derrik and is already racing toward the house. When he arrives at the front door, he ventures to peek inside, hoping to avoid being seen.

stealth: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (19) + 21 = 40
perception (Trap Spotter 20'): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (4) + 15 = 19
disguise (Fit In): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (18) + 12 = 30

On another note, upon leveling up I have a new ability to try to Fit In wherever I am. So even if I'm seen, they may not think I'm out of place or otherwise on their side.

Fit In:
Fit In (Ex): At 3rd level, a halfling opportunist masters the art of sending out nonverbal cues that suggest agreement and affiliation. This enables her to act as if she belongs in any situation, whether an aristocratic garden party or an evil cult’s inner sanctum. She can make a Disguise check in lieu of a Diplomacy check to influence the initial attitudes of NPCs. She does not need to change her appearance to make this check—this ability relies on instinctively knowing how to act to make it appear she belongs. If multiple creatures with differing views of appropriate behavior are present, she cannot simultaneously affect them and must choose a target creature or group to influence—she can’t pretend to be a guest at a fancy party to impress the nobles and pretend to be a maid to mingle with the servants at the same time.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Neat feature. It will be interesting to see how that works with a bunch o giants...

Mouser is quieter than the average mouse as he sneakes his way in to take a peak.

Inside, he hears a baby crying, apparently from up the stairs that are too narrow for the ugly troll, who is currently tearing apart the place in clear frustration.

The Exchange

Halfling Rogue 4 / Swashbuckler 1 / Halfling Opportunist 3 | HP 67/67 | AC 27; Tch 17; FF 21 | F +7; R +17; W +7 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +7 | +1 Rapier: +14 (1d4+7/18-20) | Perc +15

Mouser quietly waits for the troll to have its attention elsewhere, then tries to get upstairs to the baby without being seen.

stealth: 1d20 + 21 ⇒ (16) + 21 = 37
perception (Trap Spotter 20'): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (13) + 15 = 28
disguise (Fit In): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (10) + 12 = 22


Status: Flaming 9/10 | 9/9 CLW Potion | 1/1 Pearl | 1/1 Orc Slaying Arrow | 9/10 +1 Orc Bane Arrows Magus 8 | hp 11/40 | Init 6, Per 12 (L-LV) | AC 18, T 14, FF 14 | CMD: 23 | CMB +9 | Fort +6, Ref +6, Will +6 | +12/+7 +1 Merianna's Thorn (1d8+4X20 | Long Sword +9 (1d8+3-19-20x2,S) | +10 Dagger (1d4+4 19-20/x2) Arcane 6/7 |

Somer shifts from foot to foot bow at the ready. With no idea what is going on he just hopes Mouser is not seen as he waits.


Knowledge | GSC | GSD| Carrion | Moonlight| RotR $ | RotRRed $

Luckily for Mouser, the troll is so angry that it doesn't notice Mouser, who gets upstairs and finds the human baby.

The Exchange

Halfling Rogue 4 / Swashbuckler 1 / Halfling Opportunist 3 | HP 67/67 | AC 27; Tch 17; FF 21 | F +7; R +17; W +7 | CMB+11; CMD 23 | Speed 30 ft | Init +7 | +1 Rapier: +14 (1d4+7/18-20) | Perc +15

Mouser takes the baby from its bed and tries to comfort it.

"Shh--let's get you out of here," he whispers.

Though his efforts aren't very successful, he takes the baby, opens a window, and carefully climbs down on the outside.

diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
climb: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 31

3,101 to 3,150 of 3,197 << first < prev | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Fuzzfoot's AP: Giantslayer All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.