GMDQ's Skull and Shackles (Inactive)

Game Master tumbler

Campaign Slides

S&S Ship Battle Map

Loot Sheet

A small band of mariners find themselves press-ganged into service on the Wormwood, led by the fearsome Barnabas Harrigan. Will they turn their misfortune to glory on the high seas, or will folly lead them to an ignominious watery death?


7,901 to 7,919 of 7,919 << first < prev | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | next > last >>

NG Half-Elf Ranger (Tidal Hunter) 9| Perc+16, SnsMo+2; LLvision, Scent; Init +3 | hp 85/108 | AC 19(21) T14(15) FF16(18) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +10 Ref +10(11), Evasion Will +7 (+2 vs enchantment,+1 vs fear)| Immune magic sleep, Resist Electricity 2 Aquatic Mastery +6; Favored Enemy +4 Aberrations & Animals, +2 Magical Beasts | Hero Points 0 | Enlarge Person 3 min

Feeling less like an overgrown pincushion, Sal steps forward five feet and thrusts her ranseur twice at the cyclopes engaging Thren.

Full Attack 1, Enlarged, Inspire Courage, declaring Power Attack + Furious Focus: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 28
Damage, Inspire Courage, Enlarged, Power Attack: 2d6 + 17 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 17 + 2 + 2 = 25

Full Attack 2, Enlarged, Inspire Courage, declaring Power Attack + Furious Focus: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 22
Damage, Inspire Courage, Enlarged, Power Attack: 2d6 + 17 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (6, 1) + 17 + 2 + 2 = 28


Male (aquatic subtype) Human (Caldaru) HP: 75/65 AC/FF/T: 20/17/14 F: +6 R: +8 W: +9 CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Cold res 5 Perception +10 Wizard (water elementalist) VMC Sorcerer (aquatic) 9

The water mage glides forward over the ground, wand in hand. He eyes the mists that his companion Riori formed with a critical eye before letting loose a blast into the fog where he thinks the remaining cyclopes lurk.

damage, Ref DC 13 half: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 3, 4, 4) = 15

The wand is a 30' cone, a burst. Not sure if #4 can be hit, as total cover would block the attack, but #3 is getting hit by the flurry of snowballs.


Sal's thrusts create a pincushion of her own. The cyclops drops his axe to attempt to try to keep himself together before his single eye rolls upwards and he topples to the ground.

Cyclops 3 Reflex: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

Cyclops 4 Reflex: 1d20 + 2 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 4 = 21

You hear the snowballs slap into the massive form of the nearest cyclops in the mist. The other cyclops ducks behind the broken wall of the tower.


The cyclopes seem to be waiting for you to make a move...

Cyclopes delay. Back to our pirates.


Female Tiefling bard (arcane duelist) 9 [ HP: 81/81 AC 24 T 15 FF 20 (50% miss chance) | BAB +13/+8 CMB +7 CMD 20| Fort +6 , Ref +11, Will +7 | Init +4 Prc: +12 Prof (sailor) +12] Disruptive

Thren starts moving to where she thinks one of them is, pointing towards one edge of the fog.

Not sure with their limited visibility if #3 still gets an AoO on the bard, assuming they have a proper weapon for it, but if they do, 50% miss chance of displacement applies. Presuming Thren can see the one she just walked up to, she attacks.

attack on #3: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21
20% miss chance due to fog, roll high to avoid: 1d100 ⇒ 67
damage: 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14

The tiefling lets out a whoop of joy as she finds a cyclopes, her song getting louder, and promptly stabs him in the thigh.


Move action: move 30'
Standard action: attack
Swift action: arcane strike
Free action: maintain inspire courage


Half-Elf Stargazer Oracle 9 | AC 24(22) T15(13) FF 20(18) | CMD 22(20) | F+5 R+6 W+8 Immune magic sleep, +2 vs ench |Perc +11 Clouded vision | L1 6/7 L2 7/7 L3 7/7 L4 5/5 | Hero Points 0 | Shield of Faith 9 min

Riori whispers to Sal and Ekote, still near her: "Sal, flank the fog on the other side; then I'll lower the fog."

She will delay till Sal has moved and then herself move 30 feet eastward and dismiss the fog spell.


NG Half-Elf Ranger (Tidal Hunter) 9| Perc+16, SnsMo+2; LLvision, Scent; Init +3 | hp 85/108 | AC 19(21) T14(15) FF16(18) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +10 Ref +10(11), Evasion Will +7 (+2 vs enchantment,+1 vs fear)| Immune magic sleep, Resist Electricity 2 Aquatic Mastery +6; Favored Enemy +4 Aberrations & Animals, +2 Magical Beasts | Hero Points 0 | Enlarge Person 3 min

Sal nods at Riori and breaks into a run to get around the tower and up into it.

Both Sal and Riori are in position where they should be by the end of all this. If difficult terrain prevents Sal from running to where I have her, then she would try to pole-vault herself onto the steps using Acrobatics.


Male (aquatic subtype) Human (Caldaru) HP: 75/65 AC/FF/T: 20/17/14 F: +6 R: +8 W: +9 CMB: +4 CMD: 17 Cold res 5 Perception +10 Wizard (water elementalist) VMC Sorcerer (aquatic) 9

Ekote sees the ladies move into position, shrugs, and fires off another blast from his wand.

damage, flurry of snowballs: 4d6 ⇒ (5, 3, 4, 1) = 13

Reflex DC 13 half.


I think no attack of opportunity vs. Thren, but a readied attack.

Cyclops Axe attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Miss. Big Miss.


So the fog goes away as Riori dismisses it, right?

Sal can get to where she is on the map. 4 will take a 5 foot step toward Sal and attack with a readied action.

Cyclops attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (19) + 11 = 30
Axe damage: 3d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 4, 5) + 7 = 17


Cyclops reflex save vs Snowball: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21


Both Cyclopes took readied actions, so back to you.


NG Half-Elf Ranger (Tidal Hunter) 9| Perc+16, SnsMo+2; LLvision, Scent; Init +3 | hp 85/108 | AC 19(21) T14(15) FF16(18) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +10 Ref +10(11), Evasion Will +7 (+2 vs enchantment,+1 vs fear)| Immune magic sleep, Resist Electricity 2 Aquatic Mastery +6; Favored Enemy +4 Aberrations & Animals, +2 Magical Beasts | Hero Points 0 | Enlarge Person 3 min

Riori delayed until Ekote and Sal went. Then spent a standard action to dismiss the spell. It should have gone away at the end of her turn, which, because she delayed, would be the start of the cyclopes' normal turn.

Can you take a five foot step with a readied action? Because if that's the case a lot of GMS have screwed me over over the years. *reads rules* Ope, you can.

Not that it matters. The cyclopes can just go after the fog clears (that was the intention) and he could just take a normal turn, with a 5 foot step and full attack, if he wanted. If he takes his readied action, he actually loses the opportunity to take a full attack. So you want to revise that and hit me another time?


Cyclops iterative attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

A miss, so it doesn't matter?

And yes, I misunderstood what you could do with a readied action for years, making life much harder for many encounters.


NG Half-Elf Ranger (Tidal Hunter) 9| Perc+16, SnsMo+2; LLvision, Scent; Init +3 | hp 85/108 | AC 19(21) T14(15) FF16(18) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +10 Ref +10(11), Evasion Will +7 (+2 vs enchantment,+1 vs fear)| Immune magic sleep, Resist Electricity 2 Aquatic Mastery +6; Favored Enemy +4 Aberrations & Animals, +2 Magical Beasts | Hero Points 0 | Enlarge Person 3 min

Sal just grins and lunges her ranseur at the cyclopes. "Geez, you're dumb."

Full Attack 1, Enlarged, Inspire Courage, Power Attack--Furious Focus: 1d20 + 15 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 15 + 1 + 2 = 21

Full Attack 2, Enlarged, Inspire Courage, Power Attack--Furious Focus: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 30

Crit Confirm, Enlarged, Inspire Courage, Power Attack--Furious Focus: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 30

Do I now confirm the crit that confirms the crit? ;) Anyway, that's x3 damage, I'm just going to paste the damage roll three times.

Damage 1: 2d6 + 17 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3, 5) + 17 + 2 + 2 = 29
Damage 2: 2d6 + 17 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (5, 5) + 17 + 2 + 2 = 31
Damage 3: 2d6 + 17 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4, 5) + 17 + 2 + 2 = 30

I'm pretty sure he's dead, based on prior damage they took

Sal drives the triple-pronged spear through the cyclopes gut up through its neck into the head, and then pulls her ranseur out with rapid ferocity. "An' that's few what yer people did ta Thren."


Half-Elf Stargazer Oracle 9 | AC 24(22) T15(13) FF 20(18) | CMD 22(20) | F+5 R+6 W+8 Immune magic sleep, +2 vs ench |Perc +11 Clouded vision | L1 6/7 L2 7/7 L3 7/7 L4 5/5 | Hero Points 0 | Shield of Faith 9 min

Riori sees Sal needs no help, and walks toward Thren and the other cyclopes, and hurls her starknife at it.

Attack, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 10 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 = 22
I believe that hits, based on other things that have happened (BTW can we please have AC and the like for the monsters, makes it go much faster

Damage, Inspire Courage: 1d4 + 3 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 3 + 2 = 7

Riori catches the blade as it magically arcs and returns to her. Fortunately the spinning toss self-cleans in the process, for the most part. "Sorry it's not as impressive as our hunter."


Definitely dead.

Cyclops 3: AC 19, touch 8, flat-footed 19(+4 armor, –1 Dex, +7 natural, –1 size)| hp 23/65 (10d8+20)| Fort +9, Ref +2, Will +4|


GM SuperTumbler wrote:

Definitely dead.

Cyclops 3: AC 19, touch 8, flat-footed 19(+4 armor, –1 Dex, +7 natural, –1 size)| hp 23/65 (10d8+20)| Fort +9, Ref +2, Will +4|

Thren and Ekote.


NG Half-Elf Ranger (Tidal Hunter) 9| Perc+16, SnsMo+2; LLvision, Scent; Init +3 | hp 85/108 | AC 19(21) T14(15) FF16(18) | CMD 29(27) | Fort +10 Ref +10(11), Evasion Will +7 (+2 vs enchantment,+1 vs fear)| Immune magic sleep, Resist Electricity 2 Aquatic Mastery +6; Favored Enemy +4 Aberrations & Animals, +2 Magical Beasts | Hero Points 0 | Enlarge Person 3 min

==A Requiem for Nocturne==

"And what happened next, you might ask? Did our brave Captain Threnody thrust her blade into the heart of the last cyclops, avenging her own near-death at the hands of those brutes months before?" Sal Fisher, hair growing silver, takes a long swig from her tankard. Though the years have weathered her skin, and her hands shake a bit, she still has an exuberant light in her eyes to rival many an optimistic youth.

"Or mebbe, here's where I tell you it all stops. That it had never happened at all. That Threnody died on Brightglass Island at the hands of the cyclops hunter Arakh, and this was all a vision of a time that never was." She pauses, and chuckles as some of her audience of young mariners begin to blink.

"Nah. She got the monster good. She won. In stories like these, the hero always wins. They won, they got the island, they saved the Shackles from the Chells. I know that spoils it all, but it's gettin' late, and these bones are screamin' for a hammock, so I'mma end the story here for now. But in case I don't get to tell you the rest tomorrow, I'm gonna leave you with what I learned from sailin' with Captain Threnody... and Lark, and Lee, and Emberar and Luna and all the others... but especially Thren:

"You live life to the fullest, because you never know when the end's gonna come. You run that race to win it, you sing that song to pour your heart out, you dream big, and you dive into that fight headlong as it may be your last, but gods willin', ya take the monsters with ya. Always keep your crew happy, your family--wherever you find'em, blood or no--cared for, and you be grateful for whatever brief moment of beauty or freedom or love life hands your way. Always remember, fortune favors the bold...

"And the sun never sets on those who sail into it."

7,901 to 7,919 of 7,919 << first < prev | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | 156 | 157 | 158 | 159 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GMDQ's Skull and Shackles All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.