GM MattMorris Gallows of Madness Part 3 (Inactive)

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Maps and Slides


301 to 350 of 613 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Lupia is able to find a Death Certificate for Luca Sarini amongst a set of letters to a Priest of Asmodeus in Agorian.
“Adolescent ward of half-Mwangi descent. Died of an accidental poisoning at the Sarini Estate in 4599 AR.”

Linguistics DC 10:
The handwriting of the word Accidental seems to have the same Doubt or Hesitation that 'Ward' did. Somebody needs to teach these servants to be more discreet with their Handwriting!

In the final letter, there is a lot of flowery language stating gifts to a patron, and ledgers being sent in a further letter.

K(Arcana, Planes, Religion) DC 14:
These 'Gifts' are almost certainly Sacrifices to Asmodeus, and absolutely what the Mayor is looking for. Since there isn't a follow up letter, it makes sense that these ledgers are still in the manor!

Lupia smiles, and grabs a pastry along with a mug of the spiced cider. "Is there anything else that I can research for you?"

We're out of Bolded Words, but if there is anything in general you would like to know, Lupia should be able to answer some questions as well.

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

Linguistics (take 10): 10 + 8 = 18
Knowledge (Planes): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27

As Lupia brings the set of letters to the priest of Asmodeus, Marcus politely nods his head, saying, "Thank you once again," and then begins to methodically work his way through the pile.

"I don't believe that Luca's death was accidental any more than the servant who penned this did," Marcus says quickly glancing over the death certificate. When he reaches the final letter, Marcus's eyes linger on the word "gifts." "Gifts to the Lord of Darkness," he murmurs to himself. "These gifts are almost certainly sacrifices, and these ledgers probably contain the information that Mayor Trinelli is looking for," he exclaims to the group.

Looking at Lupia, he says "You've been a great help, Lupia. I don't suppose you have any journals or accounts from servants who lived or worked at the Sarini estate around this time, do you?"


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Upon the mention of Journals or Accounts, Lupia frowns. "Unfortunately, Much of our archives is based upon a maintained Library by the Sarinis. They... didn't have the highest opinion of their help, so most likely didn't keep records of their lives. The only reason these documents exist are probably for their own benefit."

Otherwise, the Road known as Noble's Folly awaits!

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

"One more question, Lupia. Do you know what became of the Baron and Baroness?"


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Lupia laughs nervously, before folding her arms awkwardly. "Well... Marcius and Sadira were the last nobles before the... sudden end of noble rule, and the change to an Elected Mayor." She shifts from foot to foot, before deciding on one of the Apple Pastries with the warm Cider. After a sip, she smiles, the nervousness washing off her face instantly. Lupia smiles, before settling back into her chair. "With all the searching that we have done this morning, I'm not certain that we would find much more useful information. Hopefully I was able to be helpful!"

The morning partly spent already, the road known as Noble's Folly is a few hours walk toward the Old Sarini Estate. A few hours along, Some sixty feet ahead on the road, a villager is lying curled on the ground, his hands shielding his face from two ugly, blue-skinned creatures with oversized, wrinkly heads. Two massive centipedes hiss menacingly at the desperate, shaking villager, their mandibles oozing with venom. The monsters are covered in a greasy, purplish goo that seems to be growing from their very skin!

Initiative!:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Marcus Wallensis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
The High Fool: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Dusty Bligh: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Miri Laishramn: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29

Centipede Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Centipede Blue: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Little Blue Man: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 20
Little Purple Man: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Initiative Round 1!
BOLD may go!
Miri Laishramn
Dusty Bligh
Marcus Wallensis
Little Blue Man
Fizzlebottom
Centipede Blue
Centipede Red
Little Purple Man
The High Fool

Working on getting the map updated, should be done a little later today!

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Dusty ambles forward and sights in on the closest centipede.

'Betsy' (PBS): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 9 + 1 = 26 Vs. Touch
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri peers around Dusty and tries to ID the little blue men!

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24

They're like little green men only instead of being from Akiton they're from Apostae, right?

Okay, seriously, if they're what I believe they are, she'll ask about DR and then Ecology, and we can handle ecology after she shoots them. She'll nock some cold iron arrows and shoot the blue^2 man, followed by the purple-blue man.

Longbow attack, rapid shot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18
Longbow attack, rapid shot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Cold Iron Arrow: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Cold Iron Arrow: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

What in the world are those things, Marcus wonders as he notices the blue skinned creatures assaulting the villager. He tries to recall any knowledge he has about these creatures, and about giant centipedes.

Knowledge (Nature) - blue men: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Knowledge (Nature) - centipedes: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

Marcus quickly follows Dusty forward, drawing his bow and swiftly nocking an arrow. He looses at the little blue men, shouting, "Turn and fight, monsters!" and hoping to draw their attention from the villager.

Attack (PBS shortbow): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12Damage (cold iron, piercing): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Assuming the Knowledge skill passed, Marcus would like to know any special attacks they have (and what creature type blue things are). Attack order: blue-blue man, purple-blue man, blue centipede. Marcus would not be in range for point-blank shot against the centipede, but should be against the two blue beauties.


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

As many of you predicted these MITES are Small fey creatures, generally weak to Cold Iron. Additionally, the Purple DEMON'S BILE that grows from them gives them resistance to most magic, as well as more aggressive tendencies.

Additionally, Many have fought GIANT CENTIPEDES even when they were covered with DEMON'S BILE in the Warehouse in Saringallow proper. While they aren't particularly nimble, they do have a bit of poison in their bite!

Thankfully, Miri's volley pins both of the little fey to the ground, before Betsy (And Marcus!) manage to stop the infernal wiggling of the other centipede.

Initiative Round 1!
BOLD may go!
Miri Laishramn
Dusty Bligh
Marcus Wallensis
Little Blue Man ARROW'D!
Fizzlebottom
Centipede Blue ARROW'D!
Centipede Red
Little Purple Man ARROW'D!
The High Fool

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom waddles forward on his stubby little gnome legs.

Double move


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

As Fizzlebottom rushes forward, the Giant Centipede hisses, purple foam bubbling around its mandibles.

Quickly skittering over the bodies of it's fallen friends, it snaps out at Dusty!
Poisonous Bite!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17 Damage: 1d6 - 1 ⇒ (4) - 1 = 3

Dusty's mithril links hold back the pointed teeth, as the oversized bug writhes in his face!

Initiative Round 2!
BOLD may go!
The High Fool
Miri Laishramn
Dusty Bligh
Marcus Wallensis
Little Blue Man ARROW'D!
Fizzlebottom
Centipede Blue ARROW'D!
Centipede Red
Little Purple Man ARROW'D!

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

Attack (shortbow + PBS): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13Damage (cold iron piercing): 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

Marcus takes a quick step to his right and looses an arrow at Dusty's attacker.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

"Step careful; we've got a live one here."

Dusty's eyes never leave the centipede as he slots in a new bolt, hauls back on the crank, and fires.

'Betsy' (PBS): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 9 + 1 = 12 Of course I used grit on the last shot and not this one ::facepalm::
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

The colorful man whips his rapier from its sheath, rushing forward.

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Opportune Parry/Riposte:

Parry: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Riposte: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

The chitinous carapace of the Man sized bug proves to be a bit tougher than your Bolts and Blade!

Snapping it's jaws at the Fool... Bite!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Parried! is a Fatal mistake for the bug, as his Colorful blade knocks away the sharp teeth before skewering the oversized bug to the ground.

Shivering with fear, the Blonde haired boy peeks up from being balled up on the ground, before noticing all the beasties have been slain. "Are you guys Adventurers? You guys are Awesome! I was out here... uh... Looking for a Lost Sheep! Yeah! I'm a shepherd, and one of my Lambs ran down this road! I had my dad keep watch of the flock, and came after it!"

Sense Motive DC 10:
He is almost certainly not looking for a Lamb. Perhaps you could draw information out of him about his actual plans through a bit of Sweet talking (Or potentially some Stern Instruction). (Diplomacy or Intimidate)

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Sense Motive!: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15

Miri says, "Yeah! We're pretty awesome, aren't we? I mean, now that I'm taking time to think about it, we've actually like... helped a lot of people and stuff. Huh. I'm cooler than I thought!"

"But wait! We just met a shepherd and you don't look like you're dressed like a shepherd at all. What's really going on? It's okay, you can tell us. We're friendly!"

Diplomacy!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

She is clearly not a trained diplomat...

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

Sense Motive (take 10): 10 + 8 = 18

Marcus looks skeptically at the "shepherd" after his introduction. "We've been on one or two adventures, if that's what you're asking. Did they injure you?" he asks, looking at the boy to check for injuries. "I have some small skill at healing and could help, if need be."

Marcus smiles to himself as he listens to Miri's brief diplomacy. "As my friend explained, we have helped a number of people around Saringallow in our short sojourn here. You would have been in real trouble if we hadn't chanced upon you, so you look like you might need help. But we can't help you if you don't tell us the truth."

"I know you've not met us before, but we just saved your life, and are not asking for any recompense. Take that as a sign of our character, and please, tell us what you're really doing out here."

Aid another (Diplomacy): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (10) - 2 = 8

Fizzlebottom is easily duped by the "shepherd's" disguise, but nevertheless plays along with his comrades' banter.

"Come come, lad, who wouldn't want to be friends with a group such as us!?!"

Diplomacy, Aid Another: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 15

"Or perhaps you are a shepherd," the colorful man says as he sheaths his rapier, "and what you've lost is just a different kind of sheep!"

Aid Another (Diplomacy): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Success! Waste of a good 20 though...


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Stumbling over his words, and clearly starry eyed from seeing all of you Famous Heroes he continues. "Well, I am a Shepherd! I'm Olaus and... well, I wanted to be Brave and Cool like you guys. I was going to go look at the Sarini Estate! I got to the gates, and these blue guys chased me all the way back here, before I ran out of breath. I don't think I'm ready for this kind of adventure, but the estate is only about another hour up the road!"

He can give you a rough description of the outside of the estate, before we head along. Today, we need to finalize Standard Door Opening Procedure so we can bang along the rest of the adventure!


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Apparently, I updated the map (Including some Friends!) and neglected to update here. It makes a lot more sense as to why I haven't received any 'New Post' pings all of a sudden.

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

@GM Chie, my apologies, I'm trying to get oriented. Should we assume that we received a rough description of the outside of the manor from our new friend Olaus and have traveled an hour up the road to the manor? From the new map, several of us would have line of sight on enemies (Friends!), but are we headed straight into combat? Thanks, and sorry for the minor barrage of questions.


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

I haven't left much to get oriented on! This should help:

The rusted, badly bent iron gate to this walled estate is dirty and hangs ajar, creaking gently in the breeze. The lawn is overgrown, and a thick tangle of vines has crept up the walls of the opulent estate building. An abandoned stable occupies the southwest corner of the grounds, and to the east, more buildings lie partly hidden behind bushes and crooked trees. After a quick inspection by the assembled party, you can easily determine that the gate itself looks pretty safe. The creaking of the rusty gate is followed up by rustling in the overgrown bushes just inside! More of the Mites are accompanied by a beast that looks like a Centipede wrapped in skin with a demonic face.

K(Nature)DC 11:
A DROCHTAC is a fey beast often found in association with Demonic Rites and Ruins. Their bodies, while looking emaciated, are filled with muscles coiled like a spring, granting them a surprising reach! Once per round, they can act as if they had 10ft of reach. This includes for Attacks of Opportunity!

Initiative!:
Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Marcus Wallensis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
The High Fool: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Dusty Bligh: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Miri Laishramn: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Skinipede: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Orange Mite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Purple Mite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11
Pink Mite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Green Mite: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

Initiative! BOLD may go!
Round 1!
Dusty Bligh
The High Fool
Green Mite
Skinipede
Fizzlebottom
Miri Laishramn
Marcus Wallensis
Purple Mite
Orange Mite
Pink Mite

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

'Betsy' (PBS): 1d20 + 9 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 9 + 1 = 19
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Dusty snaps his crossbow to his shoulder and launches a shot to skitter along the skinipede's flank.


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Dusty's bolt sinks into corded muscle under loose skin, before the Skin-o-pede glares back at Dusty, sharp teeth chomping in his direction.

Initiative! BOLD may go!
Round 1!
Dusty Bligh
The High Fool
Green Mite
Skinipede -2
Fizzlebottom
Miri Laishramn
Marcus Wallensis
Purple Mite
Orange Mite
Pink Mite

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

The colorful man draws his rapier. "My goodness, such naughty sheep!" He rushes the closest mite.

Rapier vs green, flat-footed: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8

Parry/Riposte:

Parry: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Riposte: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

The Fool's foil flattens the feeble foe, before his fiendish friend flings itself forward, to feast upon the Fool's Flank!

Bite!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Reposted!

The fool's rapier doesn't pierce through the Skinipede's thick rubbery skin, but the pressure is more than enough to bruise the already wounded beast.

Initiative! BOLD may go!
Round 1!
Dusty Bligh
The High Fool
Green Mite -8, Alliteratively Flattened!
Skinipede -5
Fizzlebottom
Miri Laishramn
Marcus Wallensis
Purple Mite
Orange Mite
Pink Mite

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

Knowledge (Nature): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11

The bard looks at the Skinipede, and immediately recognizes it as a fey beast from his studies. "Watch out for the Skinipede," he calls out, "Its reach is longer than it looks!" (Once per round, it can act as if they had 10ft of reach. This includes for Attacks of Opportunity!)

He begins a rousing oration, entreating the group to overcome this new threat and help save the town of Saringallow from the Demon's Bile.

Marcus performs a Knowledge check (not an action), and then begins to Inspire Courage (round 1 for the day) as a standard action. All allies receive a +1 competence bonus to attack and damage.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

"A skinnipede?? I've never heard of one of those before! I'll make sure to steer clear..."

Miri hops back out of this horrible thing's amazing reach, drops her pack free action!, draws her bow move action, and fires once at the red skinnipede!

Longbow, point-blank shot, inspire courage!: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
Longbow, regular arrow, piercing, point-blank shot, inspire courage!: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12

Miri trips over her pack a little bit and sends an arrow flying over the roof of this old manor!

"WhoooOOOAAAAh! Okay, not my finest hour."

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom draws his crossbow and lets fire a bolt at the skinipede.

Crossbow, Inspire Courage, Shooting into melee: 1d20 + 5 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 - 4 = 5
dmg, IC: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

But his bolt follows Miri's over the roof of the building. The gnome gazes at the departed bolt with bemusement...

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

"I remembered! Drochtac, that's its name." Marcus calls out to Miri. "And if we're looking for demonic rites and ruins, it means we're on the right track! Still looks like a skin-covered centipede to me though."


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Two arrows go zooming over the roof of the Mansion, before impacting with a soft hollow THUD on the other side.
The tiny mites swarm forward, jabbing ankles and shins with wicked sharp blades...
Purple at the Fool: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6 Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (3) - 1 = 2
Orange at Marcus: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18 Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0
Pink at the Fool: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 Damage: 1d3 - 1 ⇒ (1) - 1 = 0

Unfortunately, their strikes aren't powerful enough to even break the skin of Marcus, leaving a slight bruise on his ankle.

Initiative! BOLD may go!
Round 1!
Dusty Bligh
The High Fool
Green Mite -8, Alliteratively Flattened!
Drochtac / Skinipede -5
Fizzlebottom
Miri Laishramn
Marcus Wallensis
Purple Mite
Orange Mite
Pink Mite

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

"No no no," the colorful man admonishes the mites, "none of that!"

Rapier vs purple: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

Gonna save my other panache points for now.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Acrobatics (Half Speed): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16

Dusty dives out of the way of the Drochtac, coming up with Betsy somehow already loaded, and fires.

'Betsy' (PBS, IC): 1d20 + 9 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (11) + 9 + 1 + 1 = 22
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 + 1 = 7


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

After taking the Nasty bolt from Dusty, the Skinipede lashes out angrily, stretching all of its limbs to scratch and claw and bite as many people as possible.

Bite!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Claw!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Claw!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Serves me right for being gone for so long.

Initiative! BOLD may go!
Round 2!
Dusty Bligh
The High Fool
Green Mite -6, Alliteratively Flattened!
Drochtac / Skinipede -12
Fizzlebottom
Miri Laishramn
Marcus Wallensis
Purple Mite -3
Orange Mite
Pink Mite

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

"Whoa!" says Miri. "How in the heck did all that happen so fast?"

She skedaddles back 5' (5' step) and takes aim at a diseased mite with an orange-ish hue. She'll follow up with the skinnipede if it comes to that.

Longbow. Point-blank, rapid shot, inspire courage: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 7 + 1 = 26
Arrow. Point-blank, inspire courage. Cold iron piercing damage.: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 3 + 1 = 7

Longbow. Point-blank, rapid shot, inspire courage: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 7 + 1 = 23
Arrow. Point-blank, inspire courage. Cold iron piercing damage.: 1d8 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 3 + 1 = 11

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

"Lady Luck, keep me safe," the bard whispers. Continuing his oration, Marcus takes a step back from the Drochtac and mite, draws his bow, and looses an arrow at the orange-hued mite.

+1 Comp. Shortbow, PBS, Inspire Courage: 1d20 + 6 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 6 + 1 + 1 = 24
Arrow, PBS, Inspire Courage, Cold Iron Piercing Damage: 1d6 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 5

Marcus will continue his bardic performance (free action), take a 5' step (not an action), draw his bow (move action), and fire his bow (standard action, ranged attack that may provoke attacks of opportunity). I believe his is still in range for an AoO from the Drochtac. Also, the Drochtac may have (partial?) cover from his attack, if the orange mite is dead.

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom stares at the strange creature (Swift action to hypnotic stare on Drochtac) steps back 5' and sends forth a blast of color towards the Drochtac and the Orange mite.

Color Spray, DC 16 Will negates, Drochtac has -2 on the save

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Ping! (Curious to see if posting here will move this game back to my active list)

Edit: yep, it did!


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Hey folks. It just recently played this module, so I have a decent grasp of where you are in it. We'll start from here, assuming that you successfully finished off the mites and skinnapede. (I'd hate to drop back into a fight after such a break.) Might want to refresh your memories by looking over the informatino about the Sarini family from earlier in the thread.

I'll try to get everything squared away so that we can move forward by next Monday at the latest.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

With mighty blows and magic, the creatures fall before the party, leaving them free to explore the grounds of the Sarini Estate.

Welcome back! Where would you like to head?

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

"May as well secure the smaller buildings before headin' in deeper. I reckon the stable'd be as good a place as any to start."

Dusty shoulders 'Betsy' and ambles over to give the building a look.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri nods silently and sneaks up to the door, quietly dropping her backpack next to the building. Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30

Keeping her bow drawn, she listens at the door. Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 with an additional +1 vs. traps

She blinks and whispers, "Do I hear... crickets?


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

The door seems safe, so the High Fool opens it. (I think this follows your door procedure. Let me know if not!)

Inside, bones litter the bare stone floor of the stable. The reek of
decay hangs heavy in the air. As the door opens, you here the chittering of giant insects within. At the far end of the stables, you see two giant centipedes, dripping with a glowing, purple goo.

Knowledge (nature or planes) DC 12:
The goo is demonic bile. (I think you are probably familiar with it by now.)

Knowledge (nature) DC 13 or Sense Motive DC 18:
The centipedes are not aggresively hostile. They are displaying guarding behavior. Perhaps they have recently laid eggs.

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

"Well that was as easy as a handwave," the colorful man says cheerfully as he wipes his sword of the mites' goo. "Shall we move on?"

* * * * *

He pushes the door open slowly to reveal an empty stable-- empty of horses, anyway. "Well hello!" he says to the gooey centipedes. "I must say, all this purple doesn't look nearly as good on you all as you seem to think it does..."

Sword drawn.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Knowledge (nature), the first (DC 12): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Knowledge (nature), the second (DC 13): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Miri has her bow in one hand as she peeks around the corner. "Eww! More demon's bile! We can't leave that stuff lying around!"

She draws an arrow and begins to nock it in her bow. She's thinking we need to take care of these things before the goo spreads. Thoughts from the rest of the party?

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

"Ugh, more of these creepy things! Yuck! Let's kill 'em before they kill us!"

Unfortunately, Fizzlebottom can't do too much against mindless creatures like these.

Fizzlebottom moves into the area and readies to fire his crossbow at either of the creatures if they come within his targetable area

readied crossbow bolt: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
bolt dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

These critters aren't going to attack you unless you threaten their eggs, so someone will need to make the first move on them.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Just wanted to give the rest of the party a chance to interrupt Miri before she took action. :)

Miri looses an arrow at the centipedes! "Sorry bugs, but you're covered in demon goop! "

Longbow attack, point-blank, cold iron arrow: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Cold iron arrow; piercing damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Miri, I'd say the blue centipede has some cover from you, but the arrow still skewers the centipede, killing it instantly!

Initiative:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Miri: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 22
High Fool: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Dusty: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Centipede: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
High Fool
Miri
Dusty

Red Centipede
Fizzlebottom

Bold May Act
Combat Map

301 to 350 of 613 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chie’s Gallows of Madness Part 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.