GM MattMorris Gallows of Madness Part 3 (Inactive)

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Maps and Slides


101 to 150 of 613 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

It looks like you'll be flanking with me if you move 1 diagonal square up-right. I can't 5'-step anywhere that would be better than where I am currently.

"Each side, both sides, our sides? Her sides!"

Dagger vs Choppah!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Grand Lodge

LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)
The High Fool wrote:
It looks like you'll be flanking with me if you move 1 diagonal square up-right. I can't 5'-step anywhere that would be better than where I am currently.

The red one is dead...the GM just didn't remove him from the field of battle.

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Purple will take 1 additional point of damage from Painful Stare when the first attack hits it.

Assuming that all the goblins but Purple are dead or unconscious... Fizzlebottom steps up and attempts to tap Savina with his wand of healing.

UMD DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

... but he is not successful.

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

Cool, moved into flank.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri dryly notes, "Is this spearfishing? Arrows are tiny spears, right?"

Miri will try to prevent an infected goblin from washing downstream where it can cause more mayhem. 5' hop back just to be safe and avoid an AoO, followed by a full attack action against yellow. If this goblin seems to have a reach weapon and the ability to use it, Miri would nix the 5' step.

Longbow, point-blank, rapid shot: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 17
Longbow damage: cold iron, piercing. Point-blank shot.: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10

Longbow, point-blank, rapid shot: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 13
Longbow damage: cold iron, piercing. Point-blank shot.: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 1 = 10


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Miri's well placed arrows, combined with the Goblin's frantic Flailing and Bobbing lead to a Little Green Blob Pinned to a fence post at the bank of the river. Ms Choppah, surrounded by Pathfinders is quickly cut down and shown her place.

Looking over the Troops, you find Quite a few goodies:

Treasures!:

potions of cure light wounds (5)
Flasks of acid (3),
alchemist’s fire (6)
smokestick
tanglefoot bag

small sized scale mail made from cut up cans
small horsechopper (Sharpened Bread tray on a stick)
javelins (4) (Particularly Pointy Sticks)
bent and tarnished coins, strung poorly on a loose string of pearls

Small Mwk Heavy Mace (3) (High Quality Rusty Pipes)
Small Shortbow (3) (Probably Stolen from Saringallow)
Small Arrows (57) (Smaller Pointy Sticks)

With that said, there was that one Goblin Marauder that ran off to a clearing... Smoke is starting to rise from that direction!

Grand Lodge

LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)

Would anyone mind if I drank a feel good potion or two? I still don't feel real well. You can have whatever else is there.
A cure potion or two? I'm still down 8 points
Stop using Shifter Aspect (it's min / use). Keep the claws out, however, since we hear more foes.

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

Marcus's gaze lingers on the smoke rising from the distance. "I think that'd be wise, Savina. It looks like we're not done here yet. Anyone else who is injured and feels they need healing might want to do the same," he adds, glancing at Miri and The High Fool.

He carefully reloads his wand and a spare dagger into his wrist sheaths, painstakingly cranking the sheaths' tiny gears and springs into place.

"We probably also want to distribute the alchemical items among the party, in case we need to use them. I'm sure I could find use for an alchemist's fire and a tanglefoot bag at a minimum."

I don't particularly care how the alchemical items are broken up; I just want to make sure we know who has them in case we run into something nasty. Sadly, I don't think either Miri or Marcus can use small arrows effectively (I'd love to be incorrect on this one).

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Go for it Savina
Dusty snags a flask of acid and fire, then checks over Betsy, eyes fixed on the column of smoke.

Grand Lodge

LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)

Drink one of the Potion of CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Once I went against some type of bug swarm that I had difficulty hurting. One of those bottled fires would be useful against them.

Since there are 6 Alch fires, I figure that's one for each.

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom will cast detect magic on the loot, just in case. He also takes one potion of CLW but declines the other gear on the grounds that he can barely carry the small amount of gear he already has. He's just under the threshold for Medium encumbrance.

"That smoke is probably a signal. Let's get over there and deal with it before it deals with us!"

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

"Sure," Miri says. "I'll take some of that stuff."

She'll take an alchemist fire. Possibly more, whatever's left over maybe?

"You're right, Fizzlebottom. We need to get over there before the situation becomes worse. Let's go!"

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

Looking at it carefully, the Tanglefoot Bag puts Marcus over his weight limit for medium. Therefore, leaving that for someone else there are:

remaining alchemical items:
  • 3 CLW potions (Savina and Fizzlebottom each took one)
  • 2 acid flasks (Dusty took one)
  • 2 alchemist's fires (Savina, Dusty, Marcus, and Miri each took one)
  • 1 smokestick
  • 1 tanglefoot bags
  • The High Fool has not yet taken any items. Marcus will grab an acid flask, and leave the CLW potions to people who can't use wands.

    Grand Lodge

    LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)

    I have no use for a smokestick...but if everyone is already encumbered, I can carry the tanglefoot bag. I wouldn't mind taking an additional CLW potion, since I can't use my CLW wand myself.


    Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

    Moving along!

    After quickly packing up the spoils, The smoke rising in the sky is coming from a Farming Homestead, not far from the creek. A Giant Haystack seems to be the source of the smoke, a thrown torch lighting the over-sized pile. The missing Goblin Rider rides circles around a quaint farmhouse, banging his lead pipe on Shutters and Doors, wailing and cackling as he does so. The sound of nervous hoof beats comes from a small barn just out of the Goblin Rider's Circuit.

    It looks like he hasn't noticed you yet. You know that Goblins are afraid of horses, and you could probably scare it off. Otherwise, you could just kill the little guy.

    Grand Lodge

    LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)

    Goblins! Savina spits. While my throwing sticks are good, your arrows are better for this. Just kill the thing. Does anyone know any magic that can put that fire out?

    Sovereign Court

    Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

    Fizzlebottom will take aim with his crossbow and attempt to shoot the lone goblin.

    Light Crossbow vs flat-footed AC: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
    Bolt dmg: 1d6 ⇒ 3

    The Concordance

    Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

    Sorry, been away for a few days. Since there seems to be more than enough items to go around, I'll take both an alchemist's fire and an acid flask. Will also self-cast guidance when we get close.

    "I suppose we should be thankful," the colorful man says when they reach the remaining goblin rider. "He stopped!"

    When we're within 30 feet...
    He reaches into his pocket and pulls out another small bar of soap.
    Telekinetic projectile : 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 = 24
    Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

    Silver Crusade

    CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

    Miri lines up a shot as a bolt and... a bar of soap?.. fly past. She watches, curiously, to see whether the goblin goes down in the hail of soapfire.


    Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

    Let's just call it dead, shall we?

    As the Goblin falls off his Pitifully Small mount, the doors of the Farmhouse slam open, an able bodied man rushing to dump a bucket of water on the Haystack before it gets too out of control.

    "Thank you very much for freeing us! We don't really have any weapons, and most of the Farm Tools are out in the Barn. Where are my Manners though! I am Ophania and my husband is the one struggling with that fire. Garreni! Get over here!" With a bit more stirring of the Haystack, and dumping another bucket of water, Garreni waves before continuing to fuss with the Hay.

    "Ma! Pa! I brought Help!" sounds from the trail behind you, as the (now exhausted) shepherd jogs up the trail. "Pa! There were... pant pant all sorts of... wheeze cough Goblins attacking the Sheep! These folk helped!"

    "Thank you Carlo," booms Garreni, his voice much larger than you would expect. "They have already assisted us in our time of need!" Focusing on the group at large, he offers a large grin. "Please, Stay the night with us! It is the least that we can do as a Thank You! In fact, we could start dinner soon as well!"

    Silver Crusade

    CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

    Miri's eyes glaze over. She just went from almost firing an arrow and killing a living creature to... being invited over for dinner?

    She snaps out of it. "That would be lovely! Uhm, sorry I don't have anything more than trail rations and bread. But it's good bread!"

    Grand Lodge

    LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)

    Startled at the woman's invitation, Savina looks around at the group. She takes a step behind everyone and begins to transform.
    Put Shifter claws away. Since we are going into someone's house, I will even shift out of werewolf form
    Shyly, Savina steps out, her muzzle back to a normal mouth and all the fur on her face and body is gone! Thank you, Ma'am. That is very kind of you.
    She notices the rest of the party looking at her, obvious, transformation. What?!

    The Concordance

    CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
    consumables:
    Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

    Marcus looks shocked when he sees the goblin felled by a flying bar of soap. Eyeing the High Fool warily, he asks, "Just how many bars of soap do you carry?

    As the farmhouse doors burst open, he quickly spins to face this new threat, but just as quickly realizes the farmer's good intentions. Realizing that the last goblin is down, and hearing the family's thanks and invitation, he takes a deep breath and closes his eyes, exhaling slowing through his nose as he straightens up.

    Slinging his bow across his back, he extends his hands in greeting. "Hail and well met, Orphania and Garreni,
    and Carlo. It was a stroke of luck that we arrived when we did; surely the Goddess of Fortune favored you this day. I am Marcus, a storyteller and traveler. These are my companions Savina, Lachmirianal, Dusty, Fizzlebottom, and the High Fool,"
    he says, gesturing to each in turn.

    Continuing he says, "I will happily accept your generous invitation, if my companions agree." He smiles broadly at Savina, "It seems that Savina certainly shares my gratitude for the offer of hospitality, as does Miri. Later, if you are interested, I could offer you a tale of valor, love, or heroism, as thanks."

    "And, I'm sure my companions will also want to know anything you can tell us about these goblins, as I do."

    The Concordance

    Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6
    Marcus Wallensis wrote:

    Marcus looks shocked when he sees the goblin felled by a flying bar of soap. Eyeing the High Fool warily, he asks, "Just how many bars of soap do you carry?

    The colorful man grins. "As long as these dirty creatures keep appearing, I'll keep cleaning up!"

    * * * * *

    At the mention of his name, he gives the farmers a grand bow. "We're on a hunt for as many goblins as we can find. One certainly does work up an appetite doing so!"

    Sovereign Court

    Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

    Fizzlebottom agrees with The High Fool. "I'm famished, if you don't mind me saying so, fightin' goblins is hungry work!" With that, he sets to devouring whatever food is put before him, in a way that quite belies his small size. In between bites, he politely inquires, "So. Goblins, eh? That's not good, once you have an infestation of 'em, they're awful difficult to clear out. How long you been having these problems? And any idea where they're coming from?"

    The Concordance

    4 people marked this as a favorite.
    CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
    consumables:
    Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

    If the family decides they want to hear a tale, Marcus regales them (and any of the group who wish to listen) with the tale of the Princess Isinia and the shepherd Ignus, from the golden age of the Taldan empire. This happens AFTER any necessary discussion, after dinner, and before bed.

    The tale:
    "The Princess Isinia, of the Taldan empire, fell in love with the shepherd she met while traveling anonymously and alone through the countryside. Isinia was a free spirit, and liked to get away from the court, and see the country without a bevy of retainers separating her from the people. She would often slip out of the palace, alone and disguised, and mingle with the people in the capital, or even travel to the countryside, riding along the River Porthmos.

    One day, the Princess Isinia was riding swiftly along the banks of the river, when her horse pulled up lame, throwing her from the saddle. She struck her head on a rock, and slid into the river, and that might have been the end for her. Luckily, Ignus, a sharp-eared shepherd in a nearby field, heard her cry out when she was thrown and ran to investigate.

    Seeing a body face down in the river, he immediately plunged into the broad river, and pulled her safely to the bank. When he realized that she still lived, he placed her on his shoulders, as he would one of his sheep, and carried her back to where he had his pack, leading her horse as well. He bound up her wounds and laid her on his bedroll, keeping vigil over her until she woke.

    Surprised and disoriented at waking up surrounded by sheep and with a bandage on her head, Isinia soon realized that the shepherd had saved her from drowning and had cared for her wounds, though he did not recognize her as royalty. She gratefully thanked him, and even offered him a generous reward for doing so. Ignus, however, would have no reward, insisting that he had only done what any decent person would have. Intrigued by his kindness and his honesty, she asked him if she could at least give him her greetings when she passed through the area next, to which he agreed.

    She took first one, and then many, rides to see him, slipping out of the city in disguise, as she often did. They often talked, and talked at great length, growing closer over time. Soon their friendship turned to infatuation, and she even revealed to him her true identity, with many apologies for keeping it secret for so long. Eventually, rumors began to spread throughout the region of the princess and her secret trips to see her lover, a peasant.

    The local viscount, hoping to curry favor with her father the emperor, arranged to have the shepherd slain by bandits. The bandits, however, seeing an opportunity, decided to capture him instead, and blackmail the princess with threats to his safety.

    Knowing that her father would order the death of both the bandits and the shepherd, Isinia decided to take his fate into her own hands. Aided by some skill in illusion and enchantment, she ensorcelled the viscount, who revealed to her location of the bandit camp.

    Under the cover of night, she stole into the bandits' camp, again aided by her magical skills. In the final room, however, as she had found Ignus and set to work freeing him from his bonds, the leader of the bandits burst in to torture Ignus, furious at the lack of a response from his threats and blackmail. Realizing that someone was in the room, he soon found Isinia's location, despite her illusions. Hoping to catch him by surprise, she released her glamer, lunging to plunge a dagger into the leader's chest. With the reflexes of a cat, however, he avoided the worst of her blow, and caught her dagger arm. Seeing the princess herself appear before his eyes, he was overjoyed, and his black heart overflowed with greedy and wicked thoughts. Despite her skill with magic, and her fierce defense, he swiftly overpowered her, and things would have then gone poorly for her.

    Ignus the shepherd, however, seeing his beloved fall to a vicious assault, found great strength welling up inside of himself, as a blinding rage flowed through his veins. He burst the bonds that Isinia had weakened, and grabbing him mightily, slew the bandit, laying him low. Exhausted from his sudden exertion and his harsh treatment at the hands of the bandits, he would have lain down and given up hope, knowing that they could not possibly escape from the midst of their enemies.

    The princess then saved them both, covering them in shadow and illusion, and leading them to safety, through the alerted camp. Knowing fully that they could never be together in Taldor, they fled the country, and took to a life of wandering and adventuring together, knowing that they would be happy as long as they were together, and trusting in each other and in luck, for aid and comfort.

    In time, they became heroes of renown, she as a great and powerful mage, and an unmatched illusionist, and he as a peerless warrior, known as an unstoppable berserker in battle. They traveled widely, and performed many great deeds, and though history does not record where or how they passed from this world, they surely passed from it as they lived in it, together.

    Perform:Oratory:
    Perform:Oratory: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
    Hope you enjoyed the story. It's surprisingly hard to find stories about non-current heroes in Pathfinder, so I ... made that one up. Let's assume, based on the die roll, that Marcus delivers it much more skillfully and in greater detail than I wrote it. :-) As appropriate for effect, Marcus will use ghost sound to create ambiance for the story, and his last casting of silent image to generate an illusion of the two heroes at some point, if the family is okay with some minor magic to aid in the story.

    Sovereign Court

    Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

    Fizzlebottom listens with rapt attention and a slack jaw. "What an adventure they had! Those were the days... I wish we lived in the days of real adventure..." he sighs deeply.

    Silver Crusade

    CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

    Miri munches on an end of bread.

    "Man, I wish we could be heroes of story like that, to have the kind folk of the land record our gallant adventures and tell stories. To travel the world at our own whim. The real world sucks sometimes. We still get hurt, we still catch diseases and get poisoned and sleep on the hard ground, but we get told where to go and we have to write our own reports and send them off and get yelled at when we don't spell 'centipede' right. And I bet Lady Isinia didn't have to meticulously itemize her every purchase for the bean-counters back at the Grand Lodge! Well, maybe someday we'll get to choose where we go and who we help and even, someday, save the world."

    "In the meantime, this beats being chained to a desk all day. I heard a rumor once that's where the Chronicles come from, once. And we do get to help people, which is nice."


    Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

    After the Wonderful story, and a fine stew (Helped along with Gunty's Bread!) Carlo is inspired to tell his own story.

    “Four days ago, I was chasing a lamb that strayed past the fence. Out of nowhere, I saw two ugly, green little things out in the clearing. They were talking some nasty, jabbering language I didn’t understand. One of them, the one wrinkled like a raisin, was all scarred up. The other had a big blade for chopping tied to the end of a pole. They were arguing back and forth, and then they walked off in different directions. Once I was sure they’d gone, I ran home and told my ma and pa.”

    After a full night's rest, Carlo can direct you toward where he first saw the Goblins, and Miri, Savina and Dusty can quickly pick up the trail of Goblin Tracks headed off into the wilderness.

    The trail is pretty uneventful for the first few hours, before you cross small stream passing along the base of a thirty-foot-tall black stone scarp. Strange, horse-sized cavities pock the face of the cliff, their edges smooth and warped as though etched or melted into the stone rather than carved. The air is thick with the stench of decay and rot, beneath which there is a faint tinge of an acrid, chemical odor. Despite the smell, things here are eerily peaceful.

    Inspecting the (Smelly) Lower Cavity:
    This cave is full of Demon's Bile, that seems to be growing everywhere but one particular patch near the edge. Closer inspection of the patch reveals a Cold Iron Dagger that the material seems to be growing around instead of over. Between that mess, and some Crude Chalk drawings on the wall, it is very clear that the Goblin Warband that you eliminated stayed here overnight... Perhaps their base is a bit farther off.
    Looking closer at the Drawings, you can make out crude renditions of a large, lopsided bugbear, a goblin covered in terrible scars, and a shrine, with Demon's Bile smeared on the wall as to imply a full basin.

    Kn(Religion) DC 10:

    Spoiler:
    That's certainly a Shrine to Lamashtu.

    Perception DC 15:
    About 20 feet up the side of the cliff, you catch a glint of Steel or something else metallic overhanging the floor of a huge hollow. Maybe there is something exciting in the hollow? You think you could either Swing into the cavern from above DC 15 Acrobatics or climb up the Pocked rock face DC 15 Climb.

    DC15 Climb or Acrobatics:

    Spoiler:
    Inside the hollow is a well made Light Steel shield, covering a weatherworn leather pack. Inside, is a Rusty metal canister with the Insignia of the Isgeri Army stamped into the side. The two potions of Lesser Restoration and small pouch of coins 73 gold altogether have been kept safe from the elements.

    The Concordance

    Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

    Knowledge (religion), untrained: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17
    Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16

    "Mother Dearest, eh? Can't say I'm too surprised, hopefully more goblins await us. And look, a weapon to replace mine!" Bending at the waist, the colorful man reaches down to pluck the cold iron dagger from the ground and hands it to Marcus. "I think I'm going to want my friend for this though!" Standing in the light, he bends and, with his dagger, traces the outline of his shadow. "He does take some convincing, but it will only be a minute."

    Grand Lodge

    LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)

    In the morning, Savina shifts back into her werewolf form

    Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
    There's something up there. On the side over there.

    Climb: 1d20 + 3 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 3 - 1 = 6
    It's too hard for me. Maybe someone else can climb up there?

    The Concordance

    CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
    consumables:
    Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

    Marcus accepts the cold iron dagger from the High Fool with a bow, and removes the (normal) dagger from his wrist sheath, replacing it in an empty sheath at his belt.

    Knowledge: Religion: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
    Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7

    Looking at the chalk drawings on the wall, Marcus frowns. "Madness, monsters, and nightmares, huh? What a wonderful match for goblins." Turning to the party, he says, "It would appear that these goblins have taken the Mother of Monsters as their patroness."

    Looking where up where Savina indicated, he asks, "What is it that you see, Savina? I can't make out anything up there." Seeing the High Fool tracing a line around his shadow, and hearing his promise of help from a "friend", he adds, "Still, it looks like our colorful comrade may have another trick up his sleeve. I'll let him handle it for now, and see if I can't do something about this black filth."

    He then sets to methodically scraping the demon's bile off of every surface [attempting to destroy it] with his cold iron dagger, being careful to avoid direct contact with it.

    I wonder, does worshiping Lamashtu mean we can call the goblins "Lamashblins" or "Gobmashtans"?

    Grand Lodge

    Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

    Lamashblins.

    "I reckon that ain't too far outta reach."

    Acrobatics: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25

    Dusty quickly swings over to the hollow to take a look. After arriving he quickly rustles up a well made Light Steel shield, and a weatherworn leather pack. Inside is a Rusty metal canister with the Insignia of the Isgeri Army stamped into the side that contains two potions of Lesser Restoration and small pouch of coins 73 gold

    Sovereign Court

    Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

    Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

    Fizz misses many of the clues the others have spotted but he watches Dusty’s acrobatic feats of derring-do with delight.


    1 person marked this as a favorite.
    Outsider

    The colorful man finishes tracing his shadow, and the shadow slowly begins moving of its own accord. First a hand peels itself off the ground and inflates, then the other. Then the two hands push against the ground, and the shadow slowly rises up and fills out. By the time Dusty returns with his find, the creature has become fully corporeal. The creature is dressed in the garish garb of the fool, hat and all, but the color has been washed out and replaced with a smoky black. It gives the party a bow. "Call me the Semblant!"


    Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

    I'm going to Agree on Lamashblins.

    After taking a bit of time to clean up the mess, and retrieve the Goodies from the alcove above, Savina can easily pick up the Goblin's trail again and press forward into the woods.

    Another few hours of travel brings you to a denser portion of the forest, with branches interleaving to form a thick, shadowy canopy.

    Only a moment from walking into the denser darker area, a Beautifully colored Caterpillar, with an almost regal bearing descends upside-down from the canopy, a Crown made of twigs and leaves held together with sticky web filaments stuck to its head. "Stop! You have entered the domain of Lord Asiclassus, Lord of Leaves and Friend to Foliage! Who are you that Dare to enter his territory?!"

    Kn(Arcana) DC 11:
    KATROOME are known for their capricious natures, and tendency toward lording over their surroundings. Often mistaken for Fey due to their Magical abilities and whimsical attitudes, most are susceptible to bargaining, as well as small gifts such as fine foods, or exotic fruits.

    The Concordance

    CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
    consumables:
    Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

    As the High Fool's Shadow begins to move, and greet the party, Marcus's eyebrows raise a bit. "A . . . a pleasure to meet you, Master Semblant," he says, a little taken aback.

    As the group makes its way through the forest, Marcus proceeds with no weapon drawn, but tries to keep alert to his surroundings. On seeing the unusual caterpillar descending from the branches, he tries to recall anything he knows about such creatures.
    Knowledge: Arcana: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
    Realizing the nature of the creature before the group, and recalling its regal aspirations and its love of small gifts of food, Marcus puts a hand out, and quickly whispers, "Allow me."

    Turning towards the beautifully colored caterpillar, Marcus bows deeply. "Hail Lord Asiclassus, regal master of this fair forest! We are travelers, who only wish to pass through your territory, as we journey on a quest to destroy the evil that taints the goblins of this region. We humbly offer a you tribute, that we hope will please you," he says, bowing again as he presents two loaves of Gunty's hearty bread (two trail rations worth*). "We ask a boon of fair passage through your demense, and we pledge fair and kind treatment to all of the inhabitants of your realm."
    Diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

    *reward from PFS Module: Gallows of Madness (A Foul Breed), character chronicle #5

    The Concordance

    CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
    consumables:
    Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

    Have we been remembering to take the goblins' weapons as proof that we killed them for the 5 gp bounty? And what, if anything are we doing for goblin dogs' 10 gp bounty?


    Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

    I'm going to say 'Yes, and found a way to keep track of them' for the Weapons, and 'The Goblin Dogs have collars that you can take'

    Shooting a strand of the Sticky Web from each hand, Lord Asiclassus connects with each loaf of bread, quickly pulling them back to his hands. Sticking one to his body For Later, he begins to immediately nom into the other one. "Your giffs are affeffted," he replies, before swallowing the rest of the loaf of Bread. "Now, new subjects, What are your names so I can add you to the Official Kingdom Register of Courtiers?"

    After hearing about your requests, Lord Asiclassus perks up and grins. "Yes Yes, those Rude Pustule covered folk. They swarmed through here the other day, causing havoc and covering my trees in their Purple Goop. Thankfully, I was able to eliminate the disgusting slop from my Copse with my Regal Aura! They scampered back through here a few days ago carrying a woman tied in ropes. They seem to be coming from the Camp of Highfort farther toward Mount Witt. I could give you specific instructions to reach them there if you wish? Although it is getting rather late. Perhaps I could host you in the Royal Estates copse? It is a shaded area, and the trees have grown together to form an effective shelter. Although, I must insist that any Courtiers help form a Suitable Feast of the Fruits, nuts and Berries grown in my Domain, as well as more of this Tasty Delightful Delicious Bread! And Stories! Do not forget Stories! And maybe Juggling? You sir, in the Multicolored clothing, you strike me as a Juggler."

    'Lord' Asiclassus is more than willing to house you for the night, as well as give you directions toward HighFort in the morning. Additionally, he can direct you away from some of the more Dangerous areas, and warn you about some of the upcoming danger. Additionally, he informs you of a small dwelling that is protected by a Dangerous Plant, but might find beneficial to search?

    The Concordance

    CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
    consumables:
    Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

    "I am Marcus Wallensis, a traveler and a storyteller, your lordship. I will happily entertain you with a story later, if you would like."

    After the rest of the group makes their introductions, Marcus suggests that they take 'Lord' Asiclassus up on his offer of rest for the night, while finding some additional food to keep him happy.

    The dwelling protected by a Dangerous Plant sounds interesting, and Marcus would like to check it out either today or first thing tomorrow. At some point during the evening, assuming we are staying, Marcus will offer a tale to the group and to 'Lord' Asiclassus.

    Tale #2: Laedon Forest-Friend:
    Following is the story of Laedon Forest-Friend, who lived in what is now called Andoran, many years ago, at the first coming of the Taldan armies to the region. Now Laedon himself is said to have been a solitary fellow, who lived at the edges of the great Verudan Forest. He traveled far and wide throughout the forest, and knew the creatures of the forest well, treating them as honored friends and siblings. Though he traveled the forest armed with bow and arrow, and with a greatsword on his back, he did not hunt or hurt any residents of the forest, save evil creatures like goblins, or those humans who would work unnatural harm in the woods. Neither would he lay axe or blade to tree and branch, nor kindle fire within the forest, out of respect for the trees. In time, a great wolf joined him as a companion, and at times it is said the two would even converse together, their minds growing more similar over time.

    Such was his life, and it was a happy life for him, but this was soon to be shattered by the Empire of Taldor. Not content to explore or simply trade with the people of the land, Taldor sent a conquering army Though Laedon normally kept aloof from other humans, the invading Taldan army, hungry for the resources of Andoran, advanced through the region, brutally putting the native people to the sword.

    Seeing that peace was unlikely, and unwilling to see so many innocents slain, Laedon then made common cause with the local resistance and bands of heroes, leaving the Forest and acting as a scout and fighter. Taldan patrols soon learned to fear the green shadow, and his dark wolf, especially at night, where the two were most deadly.

    For a time, they were successful, and won many victories against overwhelming odds, due to the desperation of their fighters and the guerrilla tactics. The Taldan generals, however, sought to end this resistance. They sent a regiment of their troops to the area, with orders to hunt down and kill the resistance, and Laedon of the Forest. They also sent spies forth, who soon discovered that the warrior Berke, leader of the resistance, was jealous of Laedon, who the people credited with many of the groups's victories.

    Knowing the futility of directly engaging the Taldan army, Laedon counseled withdrawing and seeking safe passage through the Forest; Berke, however, prevailed on the group to launch a massed sneak attack on the regiment's supply chain, hoping to cut them off from the main army. As the group struck, however, they were confronted by the full might of the regiment, who were laying in wait for them. Laedon realizing that their plans were betrayed to the enemy, sought to withdraw and save what portion of the fighters they could, but Berke, who had betrayed them for promises of Taldan titles and lands, and because of his jealousy of Laedon, confused the native fighters, rallying them to him as they were cut down.

    Laedon, seeing the betrayal in Berke's eyes, and the massacre of their forces, fled the battlefield with those few who would follow him, fleeing hard for the Verudan Forest, where he hoped for refuge. Two mounted companies of Taldan soldiers, however, pursued them, and the members of the resistance fell one by one, until at last only Laedon remained, with even his great wolf companion falling to enemy arrows.

    Reaching the forest, Laedon was again as a shadow, and the enemy could not find him, though they streamed about the glade where he had taken shelter. Yet his heart burned with vengeance and despair at the betrayal, and at the loss of so many brave heroes, and he begged all of the gods to take vengeance on his enemies, at any price. Yet it was not the gods who answered him. Rather, it is said, the Spirit of the forest itself appeared before him, with an offer: it would grant him the power for vengeance in return for his many years of honor and care for the forest and its inhabitants. In return, he would lose his human form, and would serve as a guardian of the forest for centuries to come.

    Hungry for vengeance, and content to serve the Forest he loved, Laedon accepted the contract, and a blinding verdant green light enveloped him. His human form fell away, and gave birth to a great animated tree with human features. You have heard, no doubt, of treants, the shepherds of the trees of Golarion. It was this form that Laedon took, but he retained all of his skills and knowledge as well, leading to a creature that was both unique and deadly. With the power of the Forest itself suffusing him, and still glowing with a verdant light, Laedon compelled the trees of the forest themselves to rise against the enemy, and wolves and other deadly creatures of the forest rose up against the invaders, in honor of Laedon's many years of service, and of his new charge. Few of members of the pursuing companies of Taldor escaped the Verudan Forest that day, and those who did spoke with terror of the trees rending their fellow soldiers limb from limb, as wolves lamed their horses and tore at their throats.

    The traitor Berke, for his part, was indeed rewarded for his treachery with lands and titles, and was very pleased with himself, though as time passed these honors meant little to him, with his own people put to the sword by his deeds. Hearing the fate of the soldiers who had pursued Laedon, he himself was interror of the woods, and avoided them at all costs thereafter. After many years, however, despair over the emptiness of his life and lands and empty titles consumed him, and he himself disappeared. It is said that he rode alone to the Forest, and as he walked under its boughs, he found a great dark Treant before him, who spoke to him with Laedon's voice, and brought judgment down upon him.

    Laedon, having lost his human form, and all of his human companions, continued to work to defend the Forest he had always loved. It is said that Laedon harbored no great love for Taldans, and that those who entered the woods walked warily. For many years, however, the dark places of the forest grew greener, and evil creatures feared to walk its ways, as the Forest gained a great new protector."


    Perform: Oratory: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24

    Grand Lodge

    Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

    "What can you tell us about the uh.. dangerous plant?"

    Grand Lodge

    LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)

    Do you know where the source of the bile is? Where it started corrupting things?

    Sovereign Court

    Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

    Earlier... Fizzlebottom greats the arrival of Mister Semblant with curiosity and interest. "Well now, a talking shadow - ain't that something? And here I thought I'd seen everything..."

    ...

    When the group meets Lord Asiclassus, Fizzlebottom bows low in greeting. "It is a great honor to meet one such as you, and to be accepted into your court is doubly so. Though I know nothing of juggling, I shall do my very best to be a worthy courtier." He immediately sets to using prestidigitation to tidy up the magnificent caterpillar's domain.

    Later, he once again listens with rapt attention to Marcus' tale, but this one is far sadder than the previous one, and by the end he is openly weeping. "Do you mean that Brave Berke was destroyed!?! But surely he was the only one with the wisdom to see the glory of the empire! Mr. Marcus, are you sure you've got that story right? It doesn't seem to have a very happy ending. I hope that at least there is a statue devoted to Sir Berke somewhere, to proclaim his bravery and his loyalty to the great empire of Taldor!"

    As the group's attention turns to the next steps of their mission, Fizzlebottom listens with interest, eager to know more of Lord Asiclassus' warnings. "Did you say that the Lamashblins carried off a woman tied up? Was she alive? Did she look to be from the nearby town?"

    The Concordance

    Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6
    Lord Asiclassus wrote:
    "Now, new subjects, What are your names so I can add you to the Official Kingdom Register of Courtiers?"

    "Some would say it takes a fool to seek out trouble such as we do." The colorful man grins. "You may call me the High Fool!"

    He sighs contentedly at the end of the story. "A just reward for betrayal, and a hero living on forever in his own land. Who could ask for more?"

    Dangerous Plant seems interesting.


    Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

    After carefully recording your names in the ‘Register’ (a polished smooth section of a Nearby tree, written in with Chalk) and listening to Marcus’s story, Lord Asiclassus begins to gossip about the surrounding area.

    ”Your tale of Forest Friends sounds familiar. The dangerous dwelling that I spoke of previously was the Cottage of a one with Druidic Ties. He cultivated many an exotic plant, but the... Lamashblins did you say? The Lamashblins got too close to this Garden, inevitably looking for something to Eat or destroy, and the plants drew around his tiny body, drawing the air from his body, and nutrients from flesh. The rest scampered off, as you would imagine. I seem to recall a small metal box inside that house somewhere... Perhaps it could be filled with Treasure? As Official courtiers, I am willing to grant you right to those spoils.”

    Looking to Savina, he twirls a bit of web from around one of this tiny hands before continuing. ”I’m not certain where all of this Purple Mess originates from, but I have been seeing more and more of the little monsters Covered in the stuff. Berhaps there is a better answer in Highfort?”

    Lastly, looking to Fizzlebottom, Asiclassus adds ”Yes the woman that they carried back wore fine armor, with a Shining Longsword at her hip. Perhaps some sort of Crusader for the Inheritor? Knowing goblins, they planned to eat her, or sacrifice her, or some other such horrible punishment. If you do save her, I would love to meet her, and perhaps add her to my Retinue!”

    With the description of the Plant, and where the actual ruined house is, I would allow you either a Stealth, or Kn(Nature) to avoid the Dangerous plants while looking for treasures. Alternatively, you could head straight to Highfort in the morning, to eliminate the Goblin Menace! If 3 of you decide on the same path, I’ll continue in that direction :D

    Silver Crusade

    CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

    Miri snaps back to attention. "The druid's cottage sounds interesting, indeed!"

    She frowns. "I hope this crusader can hold on until we get there."

    Sovereign Court

    Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

    Fizzlebottom agrees that it makes sense to at least stop by the druid's cottage on our way to rescue the crusader (He is Neutral, with a rather nonchalant attitude about the many dangers that Golarion contains).

    "We'd best take care to avoid these dangerous plants along the way..."

    Stealth to avoid the plants: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

    Silver Crusade

    CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

    Hmm yes, it would probably make sense to roll the stealth now.

    Stealth to avoid the dangerous plants!: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26

    The Concordance

    CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
    consumables:
    Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

    The previous night:

    To Fizzlebottom and the High Fool (though anyone could hear):

    "I tell the tale as I learned it from my master, the bard Gareth of Andoran, as truly as I can. I myself never been sure whether it is a happy or a sad ending to the tale. It was the tale in my heart this day, though.

    For Berke, I do not judge if he was right or wrong to side with Taldor against his fellows. Certainly, they won great victories, and their victory there (and elsewhere, as this particular story happened on the periphery of their larger conquest) helped to shape the world.

    I myself cannot approve of his betrayal, however. The Taldan leaders also never respected or fully trusted one who would betray his kin and comrades. Thus, he was given his promised reward, but never fully accepted by his chosen side. This may be why his reward felt so empty in the end.

    As for Laedon, surely, his journey was certainly sad. Like the High Fool, though I do hope that the Forest and Laedon at the end were both happy, and that Laedon found peace."


    The next day:
    Marcus again bows to 'Lord' Asiclassus as they prepare to leave. "Thank you, kind lord, for allowing us to lodge in your Royal Estates, and for your guidance and aid with our quest. May the Great Dreamer send good fortune to you."

    After they take their leave, he says to the group, "Let's quickly check the druid's cottage. We may find something of use, but I shudder at the thought of what could be happening to that Crusader."

    As they approach the cottage, Marcus attempts identify any dangerous plants from his understanding of nature, and moves carefully and quietly, trying to avoid any unwanted attention from dangers he is not aware of.

    Knowledge(Nature) to recognize the plants: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
    Stealth to avoid alerting any dangerous plants: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

    Grand Lodge

    LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)

    Doesn't matter to me which direction we go...
    just in case...Knowledge Nature: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

    101 to 150 of 613 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
    Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chie’s Gallows of Madness Part 2 All Messageboards

    Want to post a reply? Sign in.