GM MattMorris Gallows of Madness Part 3 (Inactive)

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Maps and Slides


201 to 250 of 613 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

I don't see where the peeking goblin is, please correct if this doesn't work

Dusty stalks forward through the undergrowth with a annoyed twist to his mouth. "Anyone think to bring rope with 'em?"

While he awaits a hopefully safer path, he snaps off a shot at the wee bombardier.

[dice= "Betsy"]d20+7[/dice]
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d8 ⇒ 6+1 to hit and damage if PBS is active


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

I'll say it triggers if you Start your round Next to it / in it. That way it is consistent!

As the mold expands, Fizzle and Miri feel a bit of the warmth pulled from their bodies!

Mold Cold!: 3d6 ⇒ (3, 2, 6) = 11 NL. Wooooooah!

Thankfully, Dusty and Miri each snap off a shot before the Little Goblin can manage to chuck another vial of fire.

A piecemeal steel and iron fence runs between two wooden buildings. A seven-foot-tall wooden gate constructed from fragments of tower shields blocks a crudely cut hole in the fence. A light shove on the door proves that there is most likely something blocking it from the inside.
A small flag with a Crudely Drawn Goblin face flies from a surprisingly sturdy looking flagpole.
The cobbled together nature of this 'Gate' forms a good deal of Natural Handholds and Footholds.

Perception DC 10:
On the other side of the door, you hear a bunch of jabbered whispers, with the occasional 'Shhhhhhhh!' stopping some of the louder jabbering. Interspersed between the jabbers is something akin to a Growl and a Hiss put together.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Pale, haggard Miri listens at the gate (Perception): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 and mutters, "Some sort of goblin trap on the other side. Something else making strange noises. We should be careful."

She looks around for a good thing to attach a rope to, and knots a knotted rope around one of the projections or exposed metal rods or something. Assuming she finds a good spot to attach a rope, she drops the aforementioned rope down the side of the cliff face and silently motions for the rest of the party down below to climb up.

Assuming this all works out, a knotted rope with something to brace against should hopefully be a DC 0 climb check. Take 10 while you can, because those goblins may not be waiting for us forever.

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

Perception (taking 10): 10 + 4 = 14
Accounting for the distance to the gate from his initial position (35 or 40', depending on the square), Marcus just barely (DC10 + 4 Perception check) makes his check.

Good thing someone thought to bring a rope, Marcus thinks to himself. He moves quickly to the the wall near the gate, looking up at Miri and mouthing "Thank you," as he gives her a quick smile. He attempts to scramble up the knotted rope as quickly as possible.
Climb (Accelerated Climbing, taking 10): 10 + 1 - 5 = 6 repeated as necessary. Assuming the check is successful, Marcus should be able to climb 15' (half his speed) per move action and get up the rope in a round or two (didn't see the exact height -- I'll look back in the previous page), unless something unexpected happens.

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

"Let's test their engineering, shall we? Semmy, be a help and see what you can see, yes?" The colorful man pushes at the barricade.

Strength: 1d20 ⇒ 20


Outsider

The Semblant gives a deep bow, and slips through the gate. (If there's nothing that stops incorporeals.)

Grand Lodge

LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)

Without easy way to see the goblin up on the wooden bridge, Savina heads to the gate.
Listening at the gate: Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14

Double moved up to the gate

Not sure I can assist pushing the gate: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9 Apparently, it doesn't matter...


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Only the Finest of Goblin Engineered Ghost touch Doors!
As the High Fool presses at the door, the wooden shields stark to creak and groan, but don't quite give. Anyone want to give a hand?

With the additional rope, Even though the slop is rocky and tending to Crumble, you can make your way without too much trouble.

Semblant:
Peeking through the Doors, you see a few goblins (about three) and one of those Rat-Dogs, but a lot bigger, Meaner, and covered in purple pussy blisters. Make me a stealth check? ;D

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

So, I'm not sure whether Fizzlebottom should take the second hit from the mold or not. As posted here, his action for the first round was to move up to the platform and ready an action to daze any goblin that appeared, but I didn't actually move his token up onto the platform because I wasn't sure whether or not anything was going to happen between his surprise round movement and round 1 movement. So could you clarify? Thanks!

Also, where are we currently in the initiative and what round is it?

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15


Outsider

Stealth: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9

Shadows wear lampshades, right?


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

We are currently Out of initiative. Two Snap shots with Bows took out the Green Bombardier, and otherwise there is an obviously barred door. From where Fizzle is standing, it would be tough to see the Goblin tossing the Alchemist's fire. The little goblin is basically standing a few feet back from the edge of the building, about 15' above you. I put the token back on the map to where is was originally.

Additionally, as all 3 of these modules were designed for 1st level adventurers, The second one is... Less of a challenge than the first one. The third one adds a bit of Trickery to boost it back to a challenge!

Additionally, both Fizzle and Miri are allowed a Reflex save for half!

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Ok, got it.

Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14 Not sure if that makes it or not - either way, Fizzlebottom is feeling a bit wobbly and pulls out his wand of CLW and attempts to use it on himself (unless someone else can use it for him)

Edit - I think the DC was 16, so that fails, Fizzle takes full (non-lethal) dmg from the mold.

UMD wand of CLW, DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (5) + 9 = 14
UMD wand of CLW, DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
UMD wand of CLW, DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
UMD wand of CLW, DC 20: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

So Fizzlebottom is now at 2NL dmg.

Fizzlebottom leans into the door and attempts to aid the efforts to push it open.

Str, aid DC 10: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (14) - 1 = 13


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Yeah, you have a couple of rounds to heal up! I'll also assume as the High Fool is trying to push on the door, the rest of the group can make it up the DC 0 rope climb without too much trouble.

Semblant:
Oh totally. Let's see how observant that these Goblins are! I'll give a... +4 circumstance because the inside of the 'Compound' is mostly dim light?
Goblin Red: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Goblin Green: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Goblin Pink: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (8) - 1 = 7
Mamma Pupper: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17

The goblin with the Red Bandanna is shouting vehemently with the goblin in Bright Pink Cowboy boots. Mamma Pupper sniffs toward the door, before delivering a low Growl and stalking slowly toward the door. The Last goblin, whose armor is covered in a sickly green lichen notices her beginning to stalk, and also approaches the door.

If the Shadowy one wishes to bail, now would be the time! Also, I don't think that the Door will be barred for too much longer at this rate!

As Fizzle leans into the door as well, it begins to Creak and Pop, flexing almost to the point of bursting!

Also, Fizzle, remember that you get a +2 bonus to UMD if you have activated the item successfully before!


Outsider

"Wrong room!" the Semblant calls out in his sibilant voice before slipping back to the group. "Three goblins and a doggy-thing. Worse than the others."

I can use that wand on you Fizzle. If Semblant and I can each have a charge too!
CLW: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
CLW (Semblant): 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri asks, "Can someone..." *huff* "heal me up too, please? When you have a minute..."

Miri takes a belated reflex save!
Reflex save vs. mold: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27

She holds out a wand of cure light wounds with 3 whole charges on it!

After being healed, when everyone's ready Miri looks around to see if these walls are at all climb-able. Is there a building or a tower she could stand on top of? She'll try to take 10 to scale the wall? (Climb check 16 and Stealth check 19 to avoid being seen.)

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Dusty climbs up, and begins examining the door to see if he can jigger it open in some way.

Disable Device (if kosher): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (4) + 13 = 17

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom happily shares his wand with Semblant, the High Fool, and anyone else who would like to use it. (Just let me know so I can track charges).

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

After scrambling up the rope, Marcus assists anyone who needs help activating a wand of cure light wounds. Afterwards, he whispers to the group, "If we don't have an alternate entrance, we may want to rush them. Between Fizzlebottom's illusionary patterns and my more minor spells, we may be able to temporarily take a few of them out of the fight."

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Sorry Marcus, Miri is going to take advantage of you for a minute here.

Cure Light Wounds wand, charge 1: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Miri's better! Now she's clear to stealthily climb up the wall whenever the rest of the party is ready to move on.

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

Happy that he was able to help heal Miri, Marcus quickly examines the door, striving to find any weak spots in its construction (Knowledge (Engineering): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13). He then stows his bow across his back, and removes a Traveler's Any Tool from his belt, which he quickly uses to duplicate a crowbar.

"Crowbar" in hand, Marcus then levers at the weak spots of the door, attempting to Aid The High Fool, Savina, and Fizzlebottom in their efforts to break through (Str check to Aid Another + circumstance bonus for crowbar: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 1 + 2 = 15).

Grand Lodge

LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)

Savina scampers up the rope, looking down to see what she can.

If the fool is pushing the door, I'll help him instead. Don't want to leave him on the ground by himself when he gets it open.


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

As Miri sneaks to the roof of one of the Squat Buildings, a small practice yard is surrounded by a crudely made metal fence and several small wooden buildings. Mud and morass cover the ground, and the sickly sweet stench of decay hangs heavy in the air. A rusting metal gate blocks the entrance to a cave to the northwest, as two goblins (One in a Red Bandanna, and another in bright Pink Cowboy boots) bicker a few feet from the gate. The remaining goblin wearing armor covered in sickly Green lichen is straining to lift a heavy crossbar, as the front gate seems to buckle inward. One of those Goblin Dog Rat type things, watches as the goblin strains, growling at the other side of the door. In the center of the yard, a stubby rectangular building sits upon a roughly hewn stone foundation. A crude depiction of a three-eyed face decorates its door.

As it looks like the Goblin is just about to lift the crossbar off of the gate, it snaps with a sickening CRACK! knocking him tail over teakettle about 5 feet back.

Miri, you were Sneaky enough to get a Standard Action in before we start Initiative!

Init:

Perception Pink: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (5) - 1 = 4
Perception Green: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9
Perception Red: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (13) - 1 = 12
Perception Pupper: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

High Fool: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Miri: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Marcus: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Savina: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18
Dusty: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24
Red: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24
Green: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Pink: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Pupper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Wooooah! Big Numbers!

Initiative! Bold may go!
Surprise Round!
Miri Lashramn
Round 1!
Red Bandana
Dusty
Pink Cowboy Boots
Miri
Savina
Fizzlebottom
Marcus
Pupper
Green Lichen Prone!
High Fool

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri peeks over the edge and decides that fuzzy rat things are probably easier to hit than a prone goblin. She lines up her longbow to attack...

Longbow attack: point blank?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20
Longbow damage: point blank?: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Miri's arrow strikes true, sinking into the Goblin 'Dog's side. a loud 'Yip!' Followed by a glare upwards. You rolled your Sneak Attack dice, right Miri? ;D

The Goblin in the Red Bandana Draws his Dogslicer off his belt and runs forward to get a Swing in at the Semblant!
Dogslicer!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Damage!: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Only catching the Shadowy Shadow because 'he' was off-guard, His little Dogslicer trims a bit of the Shadowstuff from the edges. Unless he is still Incoporeal, in which case... he misses?

Initiative! Bold may go!
Round 1!
Red Bandana
Dusty
Pink Cowboy Boots
Miri
Savina
Fizzlebottom
Marcus
Pupper -4
Green Lichen Prone!
High Fool
Semblant -3 Maybe?


Outsider

Still incorporeal. It takes a full-round action to change corporealness (corporeality?) and I never declared otherwise. Plus, since shadow caller shades can actually affect "normal" creatures even while incorporeal, I was planning on staying this way.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)
GM Chie wrote:
You rolled your Sneak Attack dice, right Miri? ;D

Miri totally rolled every single one of her sneak attack dice! Absolutely true. Hand to Sarenrae, and all that.

Oh, and all of her favored enemy damage was applied, too, while we're at it.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Working in tandem with Miri, Dusty levels his crossbow at the hound and sends a quarrel streaking towards it!

[dice= "Betsy" (PBS)]d20+7+1[/dice] Vs. Touch
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Dusty's bolt pierces the Rat-dog-thing in the neck as she looks up toward the top of the building. The Pink-booted goblin, Gobsmacked by the sudden slaying of his Pupperino Buddy, Whips the shortbow off of his back, and takes Aim at Miri...
Shortbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

The arrow flies wide, plinking off the Corrugated Steel roof of the building next to her.

Initiative! Bold may go!
Round 1!
Red Bandana
Dusty
Pink Cowboy Boots
Miri
Savina
Fizzlebottom
Marcus
Pupper -4
Green Lichen Prone!
High Fool
Semblant [ooc][/ooc]

Grand Lodge

LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)

Savina can't really get through, so she'll delay until she can get in there....Once in there, she'll claw at something :)

Claw: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5

well, no need to roll damage....

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

Hoping to open up some space for the group inside the compound, Marcus quickly drops the crowbar and retrieves his shortbow. Nocking an arrow, he leans slightly to the right before loosing his arrow at the red-bandana-ed goblin just past Fizzlebottom. "My apologies, Fizz!" he exclaims as he looses the arrow, hoping he didn't startle the mesmerist too badly.

Comp. shortbow, PBS, Precise Shot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20
Cold iron piercing: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Free action drop the Traveler's Any-Tool, move action to draw a weapon, and a standard action to attack.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri ducks behind the cover of the roofline, then hops along the rooftops (5 foot step north-west) and line up another shot (Full-round action to full-attack with rapid shot, starting with purple boots and then moving to the goblin who's taken a lichen to the color green if necessary.)

Longbow attack: point-blank, rapid-shot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Longbow damage: point-blank. Cold iron, piercing.: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Longbow attack: point-blank, rapid-shot: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Longbow damage: point-blank. Cold iron, piercing.: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4

Pew pew! I don't think even high ground would help with those!

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom looks through the doorway and frowns. If only my positioning were slightly different... "Ahem, uh, Mr. High Fool, would you mind if I stand where you are?"

Fizzlebottom will delay until The High Fool's turn and then, assuming that the square one to the south of his current position is open to move into (I'm actually not sure if that icon is the High Fool or the Semblant - I'm talking about the one with the blue border), he will 5' step to the south and then defensively cast color spray through the doorway.

Swift action to hypnotic stare Red Bandana (-2 to Will saves)

Standard action to cast Color Spray defensively

Concentration check, DC 17: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17 Whew!

The cone from color spray should hit Red Bandana (-2 on Will), Green Lichen, and Red Dog. DC 16 Will negates.


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

The Goblin in the Red Bandana takes an arrow to the face, falling back almost immediately. With the Covering Fire of Miri’s arrows, Fizzle moves up and sprays Colors all over the remaining goblins.

CL for Fizzle: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Will Save Pink: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (16) - 1 = 15
Will Save Green: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

The Suspicious Goblins falls forward onto his face, happily befuddled by the Rainbow Blast from Fizzle.

Initiative! Bold may go!
Round 1/2!
High Fool
Semblant
Red Bandana
Dusty
Pink Cowboy Boots
Miri
Savina
Fizzlebottom
Marcus
Pupper -4
Green Lichen Prone, Sprayed!

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

@GM, shouldn't Pink also be knocked out by the Color Spray? The DC was 16.


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Yes, Yes he should. In that case...
After Fizzle's spray of Beautiful lights, The twin goblins are incapacitated, effectively ending the combat.

Directly behind the walls, are several wooden 'Shacks' eath with a corrugated steel roof. In the center, the only building with a Stone Foundation looms large, with a creepy three-eyed carving on the front doors.

K(Religion) DC10:
That's a Holy Symbol of Lamashtu. Probably some sort of Temple for Lamashblins?

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri carefully Taking 10 climbs down and looks around. "So that's it? There's gotta be more."

Miri will do the off-screen work of dealing with the goblins.

Miri squints at that strange symbol (K:R): 1d20 ⇒ 13 and maxes out at 10.

"Is that... Lamashtu? Guess we're at the right place at least."

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

"Nice shot!" Marcus says, giving Fizzlebottom a big smile. Keeping his bow at the ready, moves just inside the courtyard to finish off the incapacitated goblins, and catches sight of the sturdier building, with its creepy three-eyed carving on the front doors (Knowledge (Religion): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13).

"Yes, the Demon Queen," Marcus agrees with Miri, spitting on the ground in disgust. "I'd wager that they're keeping the Crusader in there, if she is still alive. I think that we should move quickly."

Seeing Miri finishing off the goblins, he scans the courtyard for any threats or apparent traps, cautious after the recent "Brown Mold" Incident. Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Dusty spits for luck as well, joining Marcus in his vigilance.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Disable Device (if needed): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 33


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Dusty is able to quickly pick open the crude lock, and look inside the Stone Building.
The stone foundation recesses about a foot beneath the rocky ground, and is full of a Purple goo that you are all too familiar with at this point. On the far wall, another crude carving of Lamashtu is set with Green Shiny stones in recessed eye sockets. Other than crude drawings in Charcoal on the wall, the room is surprisingly empty.

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

The colorful man spins his dagger around his finger. "Keep these cold iron weapons handy, ladies and gentlemen. Looks like we're going to need them!"

Perception (once inside): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13

Grand Lodge

LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)

Keeping her claws out, Savina walks over to the west most building and listens at the door.
Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Dusty stashes his tools and retrieves Betsy as he takes a look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25

"Any spell-types care to take a gander at those gems?"


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

A cursory detect magic identifies that the Gems aren't magical, but they are probably worth something?

Carving through the Purple Goo with Cold iron weapons reveals the Ordinary mud caked beneath it.

To the west, is an empty pen, with multiple claw and bite marks about Ankle High, in addition to a few chains attached to spikes set into the tough earth. Perhaps some sort of Kennel?

Shortly after getting a cursory look around the two buildings, the sound of Splintering Wood and Twisting metal echoes out of the High Cave entrance to the left (Behind another Corrugated steel wall). A rusty iron gate stands between you all and the sounds of Commotion!

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

"If It's locked, might be I could help, but if it's just stuck... Savina, you mind giving it the old heave-ho?"

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

Interesting, Mr. GM. It's like you knew precisely the next two things that Marcus was going to do. :)

After quickly retrieving his Traveler's Any Tool from the compound's entrance, Marcus carefully examines the rusty iron gate, checking for traps (and confirming that it's locked), while trying to assess any particularly weak points in the gate's structure.

Perception - checking for traps: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Knowledge (Engineering) - looking for weak points: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 3 = 13

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom moves closer in order to see if he can help in any way.

Perception: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri stealthily: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 approaches the gate and tries to percieve: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 additional +1 vs. traps, if it matters through whatever gaps there might be in the wall. She's got her longbow in hand and an arrow at the ready.

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

If it's a gate, can we see through it? And if everyone wants me to, I can send shadow in to look around first.


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

The gate is made primarily of Rusty Panels, probably old shields or Discarded Scraps of Metal cobbled together onto a poorly constructed hinge. You could very easily bust it down if you would like, and Alternatively, you could give it a nice shove and see what's on the other side!

Grand Lodge

LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)

Savina walks over to the gate. "Everyone get ready. When you tell me, I'll open the gate."

Claws out still from before

201 to 250 of 613 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chie’s Gallows of Madness Part 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.