GM MattMorris Gallows of Madness Part 3 (Inactive)

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Maps and Slides


1 to 50 of 613 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Golden beams of light stream into this comfortable-but-official room’s picture window, illuminating a cluttered wooden desk and an empty chair pushed haphazardly to the side. Between the window and the desk strides Mayor Sandra Trinelli, who, brow furrowed, has clearly worn a pacer’s path into the plush red carpet. Noticing her visitors, she sighs in determined resignation and steps behind her desk, leaning over it gravely.
"I’m glad you’ve arrived,” she says, a measure of relief creeping into her strained voice. “Our town is dealing with its share of troubles right now, and this unknown menace beyond our walls has me the most worried."
She takes a deep breath as if composing herself, and sits carefully in her chair, assuming a self-assured posture that seems to come to her much more naturally.
"Specifically, we may have a goblin problem," the mayor continues. "I’ve recently received reports of goblins lurking in the woods outside of town. There have been no attacks yet—only minor damage to fences and some stolen sheep, I’m told—but we can’t afford to let our guard down. Given how we suffered during the Goblinblood Wars, we can’t assume that these scattered sightings are meaningless when they might very well mean that a major warband is about to descend on our heads."
"Even worse, it seems that these goblins are covered in some unholy manner of filth—even more so than normal! If word about that gets out, well, folks might start to panic. We are a superstitious lot here in Saringallow, as I’m sure you know."
Sandra begins to wring her hands, and continues. "In short, we need to move quickly and deal with these goblins before they become a larger threat. Sending members of the town guard out into the woods, though, could leave us open to attack. I’m sure you see my dilemma."
"This is where I’d like you to intercede, my friends. Find out where the goblins are coming from and who—if anyone—is leading them, then take out the threat. I can offer you a bounty of 5 gold pieces for each goblin you kill, 10 gold pieces for each goblin dog, and an additional bonus of 100 gold pieces if you bring me proof that you’ve destroyed their camp or otherwise dealt with whatever additional threat they pose."
"Most of the sightings have originated from the area northwest of town, particularly near the homesteaders out by Clover Stream. That’s probably a good place to start your investigation. Aside from that, I’m afraid I don’t have much else to tell you. Unless you have any specific questions?”

Grand Lodge

LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)

A large ball of fur has been sitting in the corner, listening to the Mayor’s dilemma. You can’t help but glance back at the creature, catching a glimpse of eyes poking out of the fur, and perhaps a hint of a muzzle. When it talks is the first time you realize the living pelt is a female. “If the filth you mention is anything like the taint I’ve tasted from the bugs in this area, it is foul and unnatural.”

As the creature slowly stands, you see she is wearing well crafted, studded leather armor and carries a small backpack with a quiver of javelins. Her eyes are set back in her head and the glimpse of a muzzle you saw previously is now prominently displayed, with long sharp teeth visible.

“Goblins I know of, but what are these goblin dogs you speak of? And how should we show proof for your bounty? Do you want the left ear of each goblin we kill, or is some other evidence required?”

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Dusty looks like twelve miles of bad road with a nasty fall at the end. Everything but sinew seems to have been abraded or boiled away from his spare frame. The only thing that isn't covered in the dirt of the road is his carefully cleaned and tooled crossbow. He sizes up Savina with a look of concern, but after deciding she's not likely to maul him, continues with a shrug.

Her questions're good, but once we've got a way of confirmin' the kills, seems pretty straightforward.

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

A pale, clean shaven youth with dark shoulder length hair steps forward to address the group. His practical clothing is well-maintained and clean, though short on adornment. He wears a well-made set of leather armor. (His buckler, shortbow, and arrows sit with his pack by the entrance of the room.) A well-used wrist sheath decorates each arm. The only impracticality is an intricately worked silver butterfly brooch that has been polished until it gleams, by his left collarbone.

Facing Mayor Trinelli, giving a slight bow, and says, "Greetings once again, Madam Mayor. Your news is concerning. Surely this 'unholy filth' covering these goblins is the same Demon's Bile that led to the incident with Gellion and the other apprentices."

Looking at Savina, he flashes her a lopsided grin, and chuckles, "I remember that day well. I still cannot envy you that taste, though thankfully that was all you were gifted with."

Returning his attention to the mayor, he continues, "Still, this unnatural filth twisted an honest and basically decent apprentice into a kidnapper and would-be murderer. I had hoped it was gone after we rescued the apprentices from that warehouse. Naive on my part, sadly. I shudder to think how it might further warp those little green pyromaniac horse killers. If we can, I think we should try to find the local source of the Demon's Bile and wipe it out as well. Is there any evidence that the wildlife, other than the goblins, is still being affected by it?"

A serious look falls across his face. "You mentioned a possible leader of the goblins. Do you have any reason to suspect a leader, other than the increased goblin presence?"

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Moments before the mayor begins speaking, the door opened, and you were joined by a twitchy, red-haired elf. A well-worn bow is on her back, along with several quivers. Next to them hang a large curved sword and a long hammer, both so pristine as to be practially unused. The elf's skin is more... bronze than you honestly thought was possible.

She walks up to Mayor Trinelli, and starts with "Just to be clear, I had nothing to do with that gift bask--" before a look from the mayor gets her to sit down in one of the comfy chairs. As she takes a seat, you hear the faint clink of metal link on metal link, and spot a glance of what seems to be a light shirt of maille, in the Mendevian style from a few years back.

She quietly listens to Trinelli's introduction.

"Have you heard whether this strange 'filth' has any similarities with that demon's bile?" she asks.

"And if we're expected to take trophies for proof, but we don't want the townsfolk to know how bad the goblins are, should we, y'know... wash them, first? Or something?"

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

A colorfully-dressed man enters with the others. His clothing seems to be patched together from various sources, and his face is painted white. A sword is sheathed at his belt, and visible under his assorted clothing is a shirt of leather armor set with metal studs.

He giggles at the mayor's description of the job. "Goblins, is it? This sounds like a wonderful errand if you ask me. Such funny little creatures they are! I would say their noses might make an excellent trophy-- only one on each, you know!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Dusty's eyes crinkle as Miri walks in, "Pleasure ramblin' with you again, Miri."

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri tips her imaginary cap to Dusty. "The pleasure is all mine, Dusty. Good to see the Society didn't ship everybody out after that... adventure."


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Sandra frowns at the mention of Demon's Bile. "Well, it has to have come from Somewhere, and those Goblins are as good of a source as any. If that is where it is coming from, please don't bring any of that mess back. As for Counting them, Bring back their Weapons. At least with those, we can Melt them down and forge them into something Useful."

Waiting by the eastern gate on the edge of town, Nolaria Wintren and her Raven wave as your group approaches. "I heard that you were heading out to slay some Goblins! I wanted to make sure that you had this before you left!" She hands you a small bundle, with a Map of the Surrounding Area, and a Handwritten 'Adventurer's Guide.' "We've fought some of those Nasty Goblins, and Gellion is a talented writer! This is an excerpt from he Saringallow Saviors Bestiary! He's been working really hard on it, so hopefully it is helpful! Keep safe out there!"

Let's get Moving on then!

The journey through Saringallow’s outskirts is largely a pleasant one. The homesteads nearest to the city belong to friendly enough farmers, and the roads are fairly clear. Eventually, the dirt roads give way to smaller, worn-down trails. Pastures thick with green grass and dotted with sheep and other livestock replace the rows of wheat and vegetables. The faint sound of running water comes from just over the pasture.

Almost immediately after your arrival, a young shepherd bolts across one of the nearby fields, clearly terrified by something behind him. He shouts and gestures frantically toward whatever he’s fleeing. “I saw them!” he screams. “Goblins! They’re in the woods! They took our sheep! You have to do something!”

Perception DC12:
It looks like he is being followed by Sheep? That shouldn't be too scary...
DC15
Spoiler:
Those sheep... look a little weird. between their weird ambling movement, and the tips of Green Ears poking out the side, it's pretty clear that these are goblins in 'Disguise.'

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"Well now, looks like we've got company from some mighty woolly goblins."

With a practiced draw, Dusty snuggles "Betsy's" stock up to his shoulder and... rolls for initiative?


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!
Dusty Bligh wrote:
With a practiced draw, Dusty snuggles "Betsy's" stock up to his shoulder and... rolls for initiative?

I'll have maps up Later this evening, I just want to make sure that Fizzle is ready to go before we get into Splattin' Goblins.

Also, you guys have 1 round to 'Prepare' now that you see them coming.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Does a 120' range increment count as preparation :p

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

"Such lovely countryside," the colorful man says as they set off, "don't you think?" He stops now and again, bending at the waist to sniff at a flower, or waving emphatically at a farmer in the field.

When they see the bolting shepherd, the man claps his hands with delight. "Wonderful! The adventure begins!"


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!
Dusty Bligh wrote:
Does a 120' range increment count as preparation :p

Sure! Just wait till a map is up ;D

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

Perception: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14

"Goblins, Dusty?" Marcus says, squinting as he preemptively draws his shortbow, "All I see is some sheep that were supposedly stolen, following a shepherd . . . oh." Nocking an arrow, he continues, "I guess I'll owe him if they're actually sheep."


Male Human Sorcerer 15

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

Savina growls, "Mucky goblins..." With that, she shrugs off her backpack, throws her head back, and howls. Expecting something to happen with her muzzle, you instead notice her fingers extending into long claws.

Swift Action: Shifter Claws
Move Action: Advance forward.
Standard: Nothing

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

Is there a map somewhere I'm not seeing?

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri spends at least one morning reading through the Saringallow Saviors Bestiary.

Miri makes a perception check!: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 and spots some sheep. "Wooly goblins, you say? I've never actually gone sheep hunting. Let's find out if this is my first time."

Miri nocks an arrow in her bow.


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Map is up! Let's see how this works out!

Initiative!:

Miri Laishramn: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14
The High Fool: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Marcus Wallensis: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Dusty Bligh: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Savina: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Red: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13
Blue: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Green: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Yellow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Black: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21

As you Prepare to fire upon the 'Sheep' a few of them creep closer around the tree.

Bold may go!
Preparation 'Round'
Miri Laishramn Taking a Shot I think?
The High Fool
Marcus Wallensis
Dusty Bligh Taking a Shot I think?
Savina
-----
Round 1!
Yellow 'Sheep'
Black 'Sheep'
Dusty Bligh
Miri Laishramn
Marcus Wallensis
The High Fool
Red 'Sheep'
Blue 'Sheep'
Savina
Green 'Sheep'

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

"I know just what these things need." The colorful man reaches into his pocket and pulls out-- a piece of chalk. "A good marking!" With a flourish, he hurls the chalk at the nearest "sheep." The chalk, however, seems to gain speed as it flies, and strikes its target with an unusual amount of force.

Telekinetic projectile vs yellow, flat-footed: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19
Damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

"Pard'n me! 'Scuse me! Sorry for reaching..."

Miri steps forward in the prep round and angles her bow between Marcus and The Fool, probably sticking her left arm straight out right in Marcus's face.

Surprise round: 5' step, standard action to shoot the black sheep with an arrow.

Longbow, standard action, point blank, regular arrow: 1d20 + 7 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 1 = 11

If an 11 somehow hits:
Longbow damage, point blank: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

"Okay, hold on a sec, let me get a better shot..." Miri tries to get in front of the "cover penalty."

Full round? 5' step to be in front of The Fool and next to Marcus. Full attack with rapid shot, starting at the black sheep and moving to yellow and then blue. Thought this would be better than getting in a werewolf's angry shifter's charge lane.

Longbow attack, rapid shot, point blank.: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 10
Longbow damage, point-blank.: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 2 + 1 = 5

Longbow attack, rapid shot, point blank.: 1d20 + 7 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 7 + 1 - 2 = 18
Longbow damage, point-blank.: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 = 8

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

Round 1

"Well that worked rather nicely, I think! But now onto the more serious business!" The colorful man reaches to his belt and draws his sword. The razor-sharp blade flashes in the sunlight, and promptly droops to the ground like a ribbon.

[Spoiler=Readied action (the first "sheep" to get within 5')]The man whips his ribbon-like sword forward as though it were a cat-o'-nine-tails.

Urumi: 1d20 ⇒ 8
Damage: 1d8 ⇒ 2
[/Spoiler]

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

Preparation Round

"Carry the battle to them! Cut them down, and let them learn to fear us!" Marcus proclaims in a strong voice. He continues, weaving words of woe and wrath into encouragement for the group, as he deftly steps behind Miri.

Standard Action: Bardic Performance - Inspire Courage +1, round 1/8 (each ally receives a +1 competence bonus on attack and weapon damage rolls and a +1 morale bonus on saving throws against charm and fear effects), then a 5' step diagonally behind Miri.

Round 1

Continuing his performance, Marcus steps back, gesturing sharply with his right hand and chanting an incantation, as glowing circles of glyphs surround his hands. The ground under the front two "sheep" suddenly becomes slick with grease.

Free action: Continue Inspire Courage +1 (round 2/8), Not an action: 5' step northwest, Standard Action: cast grease (DC 13 initial reflex save) onto the squares currently occupied by Yellow and Black.

Grease:
A grease spell covers a solid surface with a layer of slippery grease. Any creature in the area when the spell is cast must make a successful Reflex save or fall. A creature can walk within or through the area of grease at half normal speed with a DC 10 Acrobatics check. Failure means it can't move that round (and must then make a Reflex save or fall), while failure by 5 or more means it falls (see the Acrobatics skill for details). Creatures that do not move on their turn do not need to make this check and are not considered flat-footed.

I've not done PbP before, so I don't quite know how things work in terms of Initiative order vs. posting order; however, assuming we go in Initiative order, the High Fool and Savina will benefit from Inspire Courage in the preparation round. Everyone's attacks should benefit from it in Round 1. Also, please let me know if I'm posting too much info, or not enough, and thanks!

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Dusty eases the trigger back, practiced hands already slotting a new bolt into place before he sees whether the first one has landed.

[dice= "Betsy" (IC)]d20+8+1[/dice] Vs. Touch
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
[dice= "Betsy" (IC)]d20+8+1[/dice]
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Target priority is blue then green. If I get my grit back from the first shot, I'll spend it to attack touch on the second one as well.

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

A small gnome comes rushing up, huffing and puffing. "Sorry, I'm late everyone! Sure hope you haven't needed me so far!"

I hope it's still ok for Fizzlebottom to continue on with the adventure. Let me know if you would prefer me to sit out the current encounter. And my apologies again for slowing things down - life has been crazy hectic the past couple of weeks. Should start to calm down now.


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

As the Chalk leaves the High Fool's hand, it accelerates into the bulbous skull of the Poorly Disguised goblin. "Ow! Who do dat to Frenly Sheepses?" it squeaks, before drawing his Sharp Dogslicer and scooting forward.

Miri's third arrow Pierces the Black 'Sheep', felling it with a High Pitched "Ahhhhhhhh!"

Dusty's first Bolt whiffs, shearing some of the Wool from the back of the Blue Sheep, before the second bolt bites into his flesh. "No Shootses! We Sheeps! Baaaaaaa!" he squeals, slowly creeping forward.

Reflex (Yellow): 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16 The Yellow goblin barely stays on his feet, his sharp Dogslicer poking out of the side of his crude disguise.

The Red and Blue 'Sheep' abandon their Disguises (Made up of a Sheepskin with Eyes poorly painted on it) and rush around the tree, blades flashing in the light! Purple Goopy Pus (Easily identified as Demon's Bile, or a Gross Side affect of it) oozes from wounds on their backs, as well as forming Big Purple blisters all over their bodies. The Blue goblin strikes out at Miri, while the red one tries to Shear Savina's fur.

Blue sword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6 Blue Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Red sword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Red Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
As imagined, their ineffective slashes plink off of armor.

Savina claws out at the Red goblin, tearing into its gross flesh.
Claw 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 Claw Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Claw 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Claw Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

The first claw tears into the Red Goblin, popping the blisters, and tearing it to shreds. Stepping swiftly toward the Blue goblin, she quickly tears his torso apart, with more High Pitched "Ahhhhhhh! No Cut! No Cut!"

The green goblin quickly scoots into Melee with Miri, Easily evading the Fool's Ribbon blade. Swinging quickly at Miri...
Green sword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7 Green Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2 hitting off of her ceremonial armor.

The Yellow Goblin Acrobatics: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10 5 foot steps out of the grease, and tries to land a Strike on the High Fool!
Yellow sword: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 Yellow Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Yellow Confirm!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8 Yellow Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2
A light scratch cuts into his hand stitched clothing, leaving a small scratch in his leg. "I GOT ONE!" he exclaims happily!

BOLD may go!
Round 2!
Yellow 'Sheep' -4
Black 'Sheep' Dead!
Fizzlebottom
Dusty Bligh
Miri Laishramn
Marcus Wallensis
The High Fool
Red 'Sheep' Dead!
Blue 'Sheep' Dead!
Savina Temp Botting!
Green 'Sheep'

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

Still continuing his performance, Marcus moves just behind Savina to try to get a clean shot on Green. Frowning, he sees that he will still have to avoid Miri, but quickly draws his bow and looses his arrow.
(Composite shortbow, PBS, Inspire Courage +1): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Damage, if necessary:
Cold iron piercing: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

"My, but aren't these sheep the talkative type," the colorful man says as he whips his blade. "I might even suspect they're something else entirely!"

Urumi + inspire vs yellow: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 + 1 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Totally botched this build-- I forgot that urumis aren't Finessable, and didn't realize my mistake until we were already well under way. I'll have to pick up a different weapon at some point.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Dusty scoots over and drills a bolt into Miri's assailant with a grim smile. Green

[dice= "Betsy" (PBS, IC)]d20+8+1+1[/dice]
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5
Confirm: 1d20 + 8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 8 + 1 + 1 = 30
Extra Damage: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 + 1 = 9

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

As some combination of Marcus and Dusty converge on the Green Sheep...it looks unlikely to survive. Assuming that is the case:

Miri steps to her left, perhaps just as the goblin in front of her explodes. She levels her bow at the goblin harassing the Fool, should it survive, and attempts to put an end to it.

Longbow, point-blank, bard song, rapid shot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Regular piercing arrow damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 8

Longbow, point-blank, bard song, rapid shot: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Regular piercing arrow damage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 2 + 1 + 1 = 9

Pair of 4s is pretty good, right? Right? Beats, er, pair of 3s at least.

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom stares at the Yellow sheep swift action to Hypnotic Stare, giving it a -2 on Will Saves and then he glares at it. Daze spell: DC 16 Will negates, failure means it takes no actions for 1 round. Target must be humanoid with 4 HD or less

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

Are we waiting on someone's turn?


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

The Green 'Sheep' Erupts into Purple Pus and Gore in front of Miri, before Fizzle begins to stare at the Yellow one.
Spell Resistance?!?!?: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11 Will DC16 -2: 1d20 - 1 - 2 ⇒ (5) - 1 - 2 = 2

"Pretty Lights!" the 'sheep' mutters, swinging his poorly constructed blade at the air Haphazardly. The sound of a Crude Trumpet and loud Goblin Drumming fills the air, as almost unintelligible nonsense rises from the Treeline.

Goblin:
“Chase them! Chase them! Low and high!
Cut their eyes out, make them cry!
Cut them! Chop them! Slice them up!
Feed them to our goblin pups!”

BOLD may go!
Round 3!
Yellow 'Sheep' -4 Dazed
Black 'Sheep' Dead!
Dusty Bligh
Miri Laishramn
Marcus Wallensis
The High Fool
Red 'Sheep'
Blue 'Sheep' -3
Savina
Green 'Sheep'

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri takes a moment to savor the goblin song. "It's amazing how such repulsive monsters have taught themselves to sing. In Taldane, even! You wouldn't think they could get worse, but there you go."

"At least it's not in Elven..."

She looks at the remaining goblin. "Speaking of, should I put some arrows in this one or have you got it covered, Fizzle?"

Miri doesn't have spellcraft trained!

She'll either shoot this goblin or level her bow in the direction of the singing--going on the PbP version of delay, I suppose. Or someone else could shoot the goblin. All's fun in Pathfinder war.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Hopefully The High Fool is willing to clear Dusty's lane of fire by 5 footing to some other adjacent space, so apply or don't apply cover as is appropriate

Dusty hasn't thought goblins were cute or funny for many, many years. With another snap of the string, he sends another bolt for the last goblin.

[dice= "Betsy" (PBS, IC)]d20+7+1+1[/dice] vs. Touch
Cold Iron: 1d8 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 + 1 = 3

Grand Lodge

LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)
GM Chie wrote:
BOLD may go!

So, I missed my action last round and this round?

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

Marcus, slightly distracted by both the ongoing combat and the new cacophony from the treeline, can't quite catch the spell that Fizzlebottom casts it on the last goblin. He sees the result, however. Still continuing his slightly overly dramatic, if inspiring, oratory, he quickly strides past Miriam to get a clean shot, moving gingerly as he avoids trampling the remains of the blue 'sheep.'

He quickly draws his bow and releases, trying to quickly end this skirmish so that the group can respond to the apparent new threat.

As the arrow is in flight, Marcus wracks his brain, trying to remember everything he's studied about goblins, in particular any common fears shared by goblins.

Round 3
No action: Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Free action: Maintain bardic performance (4th round)
Move action: 10' to get a shot without cover for the goblin.
Standard action: MW composite shortbow attack, PBS, IC +1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 / Cold iron piercing damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
No action: Knowledge: Nature?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

Getting out of Dusty's way.

The colorful man snaps his blade at the "sheep" again.

Urumi + inspire: 1d20 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 + 1 = 5
Damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Ugh.

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

Marcus glances at the colorful man's whip-like blades as they snap by the 'sheep.' He asks, "High Fool, is that . . . sword? . . . cold iron? Steel won't harm these goblins much, if they're like the other tainted creatures I've seen. I've a dagger of cold iron, if you need. Miriam, I have some cold iron arrows also, if we get any breathing room."

Free action to speak out of turn.

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

I forgot to mention that the Yellow Goblin will take 1 extra point of damage (once each round) from any attack that hits it due to Fizzlebottom's Painful Stare ability. So that would have triggered once so far. Also, I think Fizzle is missing from the initiative list.

"I dazed it, but it'll only last for a round so one of you should finish it off if you can!"


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!
Savina2 wrote:
GM Chie wrote:
BOLD may go!
So, I missed my action last round and this round?

Just last round, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. There is plenty more! In fact…

Savina:
Your Sharp Shifter nose picks up the scent of More Goblins and Goblin Dogs approaching from the south. Feel Free to use this information to affect your tactics!

Dusty's last shot puts the last 'sheep' out of his misery, 

BOLD may go!
Round 2!

Savina

As Sabina reacts to some unseen stimulus, 'Rats' barely bigger than their riders leap over the fence to the south. Purple Pus covered Goblins shout battlecries before charging forward on their tiny mounts!

Kn(Local) DC 6:
You know what a GOBLIN is. Although these look grosser than most... Probably the influence of that Demon's Bile! I wonder where they got a hold of that?

Kn(Nature) DC 11:
These YOUNG GOBLIN DOGS (Goblin Puppers?) are Common mounts for Goblins, Full of Disease and ravenously hungry. These ones are still little, and look to be straining under the weight of their riders. Perhaps they are more nimble if they were unladen?

Round 3!

Red Rider
Yellow 'Daisy'
'Green' Knight
Dusty Bligh
Miri Laishramn
Marcus Wallensis
The High Fool
Fizzlebottom
Savina

I'll have an updated map in a moment... for now, I'll reuse Sheep Tokens?

Grand Lodge

LN female Skinwalker (werewolf) Shifter 1/Monk (Monk of Many Styles & Sacred Mnt) 1....Init: +3....Perc: +9....Sense Mot: +8 HP: 20/22....AC: 15 (+1 when in shifter aspect) touch: 12 (+1 when in SA) flat: 13....CMD:: 16....Saves: (f/r/w) 9/8 (+1 in SA)/6 Attack Single (bite): +4 (1d6+3 + 1d6 bleed(when in shark style) /x2) Attack Single (claw): +4 (1d4+3 /x2) Attack Full (bite/claw/claw)

2nd round action before new baddies appear:
Swift Action: Shifter Aspect (+2 Dex)

Sniffing the air, Savina looks to the south and a small growl escapes her muzzle. "There is something coming from down here...I smell it's foul stench."

Move Action: Single move diagonally (under the tree)

Kn(Nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10 - I don't know anything about the new creatures.

Free Action: Savina will howl.

3rd round, after everyone else's action
If monster is upon me:
-If rats have bile: Do not bite at all
-If rats do not have bile: Use bite attack on one
Full Attack:

Claw 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14 Claw 1 dmg: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Claw 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Claw 2 dmg: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Bite (on rat only): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Bite dmg: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Bite crit check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12 Bite crt dmg: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

If no monsters are upon me:
Move: Move to one of the baddies
Standard: Single claw (use claw 1 attack from above)

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri notes, "Full name's Lachmirianal if you'd rather use that," to Marcus. She ducks around Marcus's right side and drops to one knee. "Seem to be taking to the steel arrows just fine for now, but if I run out of cold iron later I might borrow some?"

Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
For the knowledge local, if that's about the goblins, Miri would make use of Nolaria's boon from part 1 if that's all right:

Temple of Erastil (rescued Nolaria Wintren) wrote:

[...] She also warns you that she has seen fiendish goblins in the area, and provides you with

information about these creatures as if you had rolled a 40 on your Knowledge check to identify them. [...]

Miri will... aim at the mounts? Let's see just how talented these goblins really are at riding!

Starting at Red and moving left to right. Rapid shot.
Longbow attack, NO point-blank shot, inspire courage: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 4 + 1 = 9
Longbow damage, steel arrowhead, inspire courage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

Longbow attack, NO point-blank shot, inspire courage: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 1 = 6 nat 1
Longbow damage, steel arrowhead, inspire courage: 1d8 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 1 = 7

I'm really good at dice this combat. Ah well.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Dusty grimaces at the new wave's appearance, "Well Betsy ol' girl, looks like we ain't quite through."

The weathered marksman sizes up the mangy looking beasts and settles on the mounts instead of the riders. Yellow

[dice= "Betsy" (IC)]d20+7+1[/dice] Vs. Touch
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

Ooo Yeah! I forgot to have the Goblins actually do their thing!

Betsy's bolt aims dead center for the Goblin Pupper, but it manages to duck out of the way just in time.

As Miri's arrows land in the dirt by the Goblin Dogs, the Mounted little Goblins respond with a volley of their own at Miri!

Red Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 Red Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4
Yellow Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12 Red Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1
Green Shortbow: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 Red Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Red and Yellow fall a bit shy, but Greens little arrow finds purchase between the plates of Miri's armor.

BOLD may go!
Round 3!

Red Rider
Yellow 'Daisy'
'Green' Knight
Dusty Bligh
Miri Laishramn -2
Marcus Wallensis
The High Fool -1
Fizzlebottom
Savina

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6
Marcus Wallensis wrote:

Steel won't harm these goblins much, if they're like the other tainted creatures I've seen. I've a dagger of cold iron, if you need.."

"Well that explains it! No wonder I can't seem to hit this sheep. Yes please!"

So I guess it would be a move action from you to draw it, and a move action from me to take it?


Gallows Part 3 | REBIRTH!

If Marcus is willing, and it is on his person, not in a bag, Ill let you draw it from his sheathe as a Move Action?

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom moves slightly to the side, drawing his crossbow as he does, and lets a bolt fly towards Green.

Crossbow, Inspire: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 4 + 1 = 19
Normal crossbow bolt, inspire: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 I haven't noticed whether these guys have DR or not. Does this do anything at all to him?

The Concordance

CG male human (Chelaxian) Bard 3|HP 21/21 |AC 15(16) Tch 13 FF 12(13) (+1 shield bonus from buckler)|F 2 R 6 W 2 (+4 vs. bardic perf., lang. dep., sonic, +1 when not on material plane) |CMD 16| Perc +5 | Init +4 | +1 darkwood comp. shortbow (+6, 1d6+2/×3, P, 70' range) | cold iron dagger (+3, 1d4+1/19-20×2)
consumables:
Bardic performance 8/10, wand of CLW 44/50, cold iron arrows 35, Spells: 0th - Any, 1st - 4/(4/day)

The cold iron dagger is in a spring-loaded wrist sheath. Luckily, Marcus will go before THF, so I think we can make it work.

Marcus's concerned eyes dart to Miri, noting her injury, "A truly lovely name, Lachmirianal," he responds.

He frowns in concentration as his free hand traces glowing runes in the air, a low arcane chant streaming from his mouth. "Try shooting us through this," he mutters, sweat lining his brow, as the floating runes shatter. A wall of stone, decorated with arrow slits facing the goblins, violently erupts from the ground behind Savina.

Lifting his voice, Marcus proclaims, "These shall fall as did their foul kin! Wreak havoc upon them, and let their dying breaths curse the day they tried themselves against us, only to be found so wanting!"

He snaps his free arm downwards, and a dagger releases from a wrist sheath into his hand. "High Fool!" Marcus calls, moving quickly to the side of the colorful man, and extending the haft of the dagger towards him.

Knowledge: Local: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20
Knowledge: Nature: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10
Round 3
Standard action: Cast Silent Image to create an illusion (figment) of a wall of stone with arrow slits facing the goblins. (Marked on map).
Free action: Maintain bardic performance (Inspire Courage +1, 4th round)
Swift action: Draw a cold iron dagger from a spring-loaded wrist sheath
Move action: Move 10' next to the High Fool.
Free action?: Present the haft of the dagger towards the High Fool so that he can take it on his turn. I thought of other ways to hand over the dagger, but this seemed the most reasonable.

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

The colorful man smiles. "I like your style." He accepts the dagger gleefully, drops his "sword," and stabs out with his new weapon.

Cold iron dagger + inspire vs yellow: 1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 4 + 1 = 11 +1 if masterwork
Damage: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5
Oh come on...

1 to 50 of 613 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chie’s Gallows of Madness Part 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.