GM MattMorris Gallows of Madness Part 3 (Inactive)

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Maps and Slides


401 to 450 of 613 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

:-)

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri is not the wisest person ever. :-)

Once reminded of normal door procedure, Miri will follow it!


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

You guys want to do south (toward the front of the house) or west (toward the house's interior)?

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

South!

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

South. Better to not have something spring on us from behind.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Perception:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Miri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 (+1 v. traps)
High Fool: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Dusty: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Seeing no traps, the High Fool opens the door to the south. A few pieces of silver tableware lie strewn about on a 30-foot-long oak table, and more valuables are displayed in a large antique vitrine. The heads of three beasts—a dragon, lion, and goat—have been mounted above a fireplace on the north wall. A door sits in the western wall.

Knowledge (arcana) DC10:
Legendary beasts known as chimeras have three heads matching those mounted on the wall.
Knowledge (arcana or nature) DC 18
Spoiler:
The dragon head’s scale pattern matches that of a dragon rather than a chimera, and that the goat and lion heads belonged to ordinary animals. These trophies are fakes!

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom suddenly claps his head, as if recollecting something! "Oops, how could I have forgotten!" Then he jovially smacks the High Fool on the back. Implanting False Flanker trick in the High Fool. Lasts until triggered, which is a free action that can be done even when it's not my turn. Basically, this will give the High Fool a flank buddy for one round. High Fool, please go ahead and decide for yourself when you want to use it.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

"Huh?" Miri looks startled as the gnome smacks the Fool on the back, then she goes back to examining the room.

Knowledge (arcana) untrained!: 1d20 ⇒ 6

"Huh. What a bizarre collection! Why on earth would you mount a goat's head? You could've made head cheese with that."

She idly scoops up a few pieces of silverware ("I bet this'll fit in the mess kit!") and starts looking at the fancy stuff in the vitrine.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 ⇒ 9

"Maybe they didn't reckon head cheese was worth losin' the conversation starter."


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Go west from here, or from the hallway?

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

From here


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Perception:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Miri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18 (+1 v. traps)
High Fool: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Dusty: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14

Opening up the doors to the west, you see a once-grand entrance hall, with paintings of people and landscapes adorning the walls. A few small vases, most of them cracked or broken altogether, sit on semi-circular tables set against the west wall. A faint smell of mildew hangs in the air.

Knowledge (geography or nature) DC 10:
One of the paintings depict a sunset over the Aspodell Mountains in Isger.
DC 15
Spoiler:
Another painting shows a garden in Remesiana, Cheliax

DC 20
Spoiler:
The third landscape shows the shipyards in Eleder, Sargava.

Knowledge (nobility or history) DC 10:
The rooms portraits depicts Baron Marcius Sarini; Baron Lucius Sarini; and Baroness Sadira Sarini.

Double-doors to the south lead outside onto the grounds. Double doors lead to the north, and a short hallway to the west leads to a closed door. The door to a small cloakroom to the west stands open.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Knowledge (geography): 1d20 ⇒ 17
Knowledge (history): 1d20 ⇒ 12
But capped at 10 for both

"Ain't been keeping this place up too careful."

Dusty notes that the portraits depict various Sarinis (Marcius, Lucius and Sadira), and that one of the paintings is of a nearby mountain range, but since they're in the Sarini ancestral manse, located in Isger, he doesn't make much of it.

Heading over to the open door the cloakroom, he nudges the door all the way open with Bety, then takes a look inside.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

In the cloakroom, there is a quiver with 5 cold iron arrows, a quiver with 5 cold iron bolts, and a moldy purse that contains 26 gp. There are various other garments in the cloakroom, but all are moldy and have dank smell wafting about them, eliminating any value they once had.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Dusty grabs the bolts and purse, then passes the arrows over to Miri. Then he heads over to examine the western door. SOP for the door


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Perception:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20
Miri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 (+1 v. traps)
High Fool: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Dusty: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

The door to the west opens onto what might once have been a drawing room. Once-fine furniture, now ripped and faded from neglect, adorns this chamber. Two large mirrors have been set on the north wall here, but cracks and dark stains mar their silvery surface, and many pieces are missing. A lute rests against the back of a stained red velvet sofa. A closed door sits in the north wall.

Miri:
A voice rings out in your mind in a harsh, burping voice: "Who are you, trespasser? Who sent you here? What are you looking for?”

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Sorry! Things got crazy here for a bit.

Knowledge (nature) DC 10: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15
Knowledge (history) untrained DC 10: 1d20 ⇒ 8

"Oooh, of course they're Sarinis. Should've known. This painting here is set in Cheliax--huh."

Miri accepts the arrows and as she enters the next room, she gives a start. "Hey! Who are you? Come out where we can see you!" she calls out. She looks around the room, as if she's looking for someone.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Dusty snaps the stock of his crossbow up to his shoulder, instantly alert at Miri calls out.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Mira:
"I lived in this house long ago, but everything is so hazy now. Can you help me? I need someone to find clues. Clues to who I once was!"

You don't see anyone within the room. The only object of interest, the lute, appears to be broken.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

"Clues? To who you once were? What are you NOW? Where are you?"

Miri looks around, confused. She'll eventually move toward the lute and look at it carefully.

Perception--she's learning!: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6+1 for traps!

For certain definitions of learning...


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Miri:
"Oh, it is so hard to remember! Who are you? What are you doing here? Can you help me?"

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri might be getting suspicious of the voice in her head.

Sense Motive, I guess?: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

"I don't know! If I don't know who you are or where you are or what's happened to you I probably can't help you at all!"

"Dusty, Fizz, are you hearing any of this?"

Unless the rest of the group has other ideas, she pulls open the door to the north from the drawing room.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

"No Miri, don't reckon I am."

"You can come out nice and quiet, we won't shoot you none, less you ask for it."


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Miri, the voice seems on the up and up, as far as you can tell.

Flustered by the disembodied voice in her head, Miri yanks open the door to the north. The room beyond appears to be a library.

The long bookshelves in these dusty alcoves are filled with books. The smell of mildewed paper hangs in the air.

In addition to checking out this room, you can also search it for books that have not been ruined by mildew. It will take 1d6 x 10 minutes if you decide to do so.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

"Less anyone's got any enchantments 'bout to run out, we may as well do our searchin' now."

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri wonders, "Am I going crazy? Is this house driving me crazy already?"

Will save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

"Yeah, maybe I am. Dusty, if I look like I'm about to shoot at you, yell at me. And maybe duck. Maybe some books'll help. I'm down with sifting through 'em all."

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

The colorful man takes a careful step away from Miri. "And people say I'm off my rocker..."

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Without knowing what will happen to Miri, but with a strong suspicion that there's a creature around, I say we hold off on the books for now.

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom listens to Miri with interest and then begins to look around, hoping to catch sight of whatever creature is speaking in her head.

"Miri, what is the creature saying to you? Beware, I hope it's not trying to beguile you..."

Perception, HA: 1d20 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 2 = 24

Then he casts both detect magic and detect psychic significance, using each in turn to scan the surroundings for anything of interest.

Fizzlebottom is fine with looking through the books unless we think that the voice in Miri's head presents an immediate threat.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Fizzlebottom notices a false box disguised to look like a few hollowed-out books. It contains a number of scrolls.

Read Magic:
alarm, charm animal, comprehend languages, disguise self, jump, mount, obscuring mist, and shield of faith (All CL 1)

As the gnome investigates the scrolls, Miri seems to act normally, and the voice that has been plaguing her goes silent.

While 3 votes to investigate...

Spurred on by Fizzlebottom's discovery, you search for more valuables.

Perception:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Miri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 (+1 v. traps)
High Fool: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Dusty: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Searching Time: 1d6 ⇒ 4 x 10 = 40 minutes

Fizzlebottom discovers a book called From Rivers to Mountains: This old collection of maps and travel literature grants a +2 circumstance bonus on Knowledge (geography) checks pertaining to Isger and Survival checks to avoid getting lost or survive in the wilderness while in Isger.

The High Fool finds a book called History of Isger: Though outdated, this tome grants a +2 circumstance bonus on Knowledge (history or nobility) checks pertaining to Isger.

Dusty finds a book called The Nine Secrets, but before he opens it he notices that a cunning needle trap has been sewn into the binding. He's easily able to disable it, and once he opens the book, he finds that it appears to be a collection of weird poetry. Linguistics or Sense Motive to find out more.

Looking through each books takes 10 minutes and the bonus it grants lasts for 1 hour. Let me know who is reading what.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Dusty gingerly holds up the poisoned needle. "Hnh. Looks like someone thought these poems were more important'n I'd guess."

"Anyone got the learnin' to suss out why that might be?"

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom fortunately knows read magic and tells the others about the trove of scrolls that he has discovered. See spoiler above

Although Fizzlebottom doesn't have much book learning and lacks the knowledges to make much use of the other tomes, he does have an interest in languages and tries to make some sense of the trapped book.
Linguistics: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (17) + 4 = 21


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Fizzlebottom can decipher secret messages hidden on the book's pages. The book grants a +2 circumstance bonus on Knowledge (planes or religion) checks related to devils, diabolism, Hell, or Asmodeus.

Which books do you want to study before you go on?

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

"Poisoned poems? What an interesting troubadour they must have been."

"...oh hey the voice is gone!"

Miri will try to study The Nine Secrets if Fizz can help her understand the secret messages. Or maybe she can get it herself?

Linguistics, which is actually trained!: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Nope, she probably needs some help. Her backup option would be the nature-y one.

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

I don't really have the skills to make use of either book, but I guess I can get even better at hitting a DC 10 Knowledge (history).

The colorful man flips through The History of Isger. "Hey, I've heard of these names! Well, this one specifically. Anyone else find anything interesting?"

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom will study From Rivers to Mountains.

"Do any of you want any of these scrolls or should I hold onto all of them?"

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

Having no use for the scrolls, the colorful man waves them off. "Hold away, my holding friend!"

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Dusty doesn't concern himself with the scrolls or the books, so while others are reading, he keeps a weather eye out for Miri's pal.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

You spend about an hour in the library studying the remaining books.

Assuming everyone is okay with our usual door procedure.

Perception:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Miri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 (+1 v. traps)
High Fool: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13
Dusty: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

The door to the east opens into a large room. The floor, walls, pillars, and fireplaces of this majestic ballroom are all made of polished marble. On the north side of the room, a grand staircase with divided flights leads up to a balcony overlooking the ballroom floor. An angel of black marble is standing menacingly on a platform behind the middle landing of the staircase.

A fiendish giant centipede wanders the far side of the room. It doesn't appear to have noticed you yet.

Knowledge (planes) DC 18:
The statue actually depicts an erinyes devil.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri takes stock of the situation. Knowledge (planes) to identify a thing. Turns out it's +2 to this from the book: 1d20 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 1 + 2 = 21

Perception to look around the room carefully.: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 additional +1 vs traps!

She whispers, "Statue is an erinyes. Sinister. I see a centipede--should we sneak up and ambush this one while it doesn't know we're here?"

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom garumphs. Quietly. "Another mindless creature! For a noble estate, this place sure is crawling with vermin. They should have a cleaning team come in... Oh wait, perhaps that's us...?"

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

"No reason to let it amble around any longer..."


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Sounds like you guys are going to attack. It hasn't noticed you, so you can have a surprise round.

Initiative:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Miri: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (20) + 10 = 30
High Fool: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Dusty: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Centipede: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

GM:

Secrets!: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Combat Surprise Round
Miri
High Fool
Centipede

Dusty
Fizzlebottom

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

"Agreed!" the colorful man says, perhaps a bit too loudly, as he draws a starknife.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri sneaks Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 behind the sofa moving at half speed, as a move action and draws her bow! Also as part of the move action

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom won't be able to do much against this creature so he sighs and draws his wand of cure light wounds in order to help any of his friends who get in trouble.

He also stealths (at half speed) into the room.

Stealth: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Reminder to the High Fool: you have the false flanker trick implanted, which can be triggered to give yourself a flank partner for one round.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Sorry, Dusty, I accidently bolded the centipede instead of you. Feel free to take your surprise action.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Dusty leans forward to take a long shot through the doorway.

'Betsy': 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21
Cold Iron Piercing: 1d8 ⇒ 6


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Dusty's shot skewers the centipede, knocking it unconscious.

Out of combat!

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri stops stealthing and walks into the room to look around.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 with a +1 on top of that to find a trap...


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Miri, you are surprised when a bolt come flying at you from the balcony overlooking the room!

Back into combat--sorry, this guy was trying to ambush you, but you killed the bait too quickly!

Perception:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Miri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22 (+1 v. traps)
High Fool: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Dusty: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

Initiative:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Miri: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18
High Fool: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Dusty: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16
Red: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12

~+~Combat: Surprise Round~+~
Red

A corrupted mite attacks from the balcony above, skewring Miri!
Crossbow: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 for piercing: 1d4 ⇒ 2
Crit?: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17 for piercing: 1d4 ⇒ 4

~+~Combat Round 1~+~
Miri
(-6)
Dusty
Fizzlebottom

Red
High Fool

Battle Field Conditions: We're functioning across two floor of the house, now: Ground Floor and 2nd Floor. You should be able to figure out everyone's relative position from the 2nd floor map, I think. The nasty-looking mite has cover while he's next to the upstairs railing.

401 to 450 of 613 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chie’s Gallows of Madness Part 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.