GM MattMorris Gallows of Madness Part 3 (Inactive)

Game Master ChesterCopperpot

Maps and Slides


501 to 550 of 613 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

CLW via Miri/Wand: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

Dusty grunts as his bite is finished being healed. "Much obliged"

Once he spots the trap he holds up a hand. "Nasty little surprise waiting for us. Give me just a second and I'll see if I can't take care of it."

Disable Device: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (11) + 13 = 24


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Dusty successfully disarms the trap, leaving you free to explore this room.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Perception:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Miri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 (+1 v. traps)
High Fool: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Dusty: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

In a cupboard, you find an old map of the manor and surrounding grounds. It indicates that there is a secret door in the southwest corner of the cellar. A musical note has been drawn onto the area depicting the ballroom.

On a table in the room, you find five potions of cure light wounds, two potions of endure elements, a potion of enlarge person, and a potion of reduce person.

On the table next to the fireplace, the PCs can find an antiquarian’s monocle, four vials of alchemist’s fire, and two sunrods. The rest of the equipment in the room makes up a fully functional alchemist’s lab.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

"Hmm. Might be worth taking another gander at the piano. Can't imagine the musical note's just someone's doodle.

"Still, we should clear the top floor before we go looking for new trouble."

Dusty grabs one of the curative potions, and heads over to examine and open the western door near the hogtied serpent.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri thanks Dusty for the help, grabs a potion, and appraises the alchemist's lab. "Huh. Could you use this to cook?" She'll grab the rest of the stuff and hand it out to the rest of the party.

Shall we try the other door from this room?


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Perception:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8
Miri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 (+1 v. traps)
High Fool: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Dusty: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Dozens of once-fashionable outfits hang in three large closets set against the north wall. Two red folding screens covered in dark stains partially hide a lavish bathtub of gilded porcelain.

Most of the clothes are obviously ruined, but the outfits in the middle closet are curiously well-preserved and seem fine, other than a slight alchemical odor. There are four complete nobles' outfits.

Spellcraft DC 20:
One cloak is a cloak of resistance +1.

Open if you take the clothes!:
Behind the clothes are a store of weapons: cold iron morningstar and a cold iron dagger, both wrapped in luxurious cloth and tied with a red silken sash.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

After a quick look, which I assume is covered by my spoilered roll, Dusty removes the well-preserved outfits. "Anything magic going on Fizz? Oh! Looks like we've got a couple armaments here for anyone needs 'em."

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri finishes looking under the tub. "Oh, very nice! Need any of those? I think my nodachi's got me covered in case bad things happen. Maybe someone at Saringallow will take those off our hands. Authentic demoncaller gear!"

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Unless anyone else wants them, Fizzlebottom takes the monocle and the alchemist's fire.

Fizzlebottom detects magic on the clothes and the rest of the area. Unfortunately, he is not trained in Spellcraft.

Fizzlebottom examines the clothes with Dusty. Casting Detect Psychic Significance

"Hmm, someone has kept these clothes preserved. Or four someones. How many of these Sarinis were there again?"

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

I just realized standard swashbuckler abilities will work just fine with a morningstar. Unfortunately I archetyped out of that option.

"The knife, perhaps. That heavy thing, not for me-- hacking and crushing, no thank you!"


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

I think your research told you that, in the end, there were two Sarinis living in the manor--at least until the townsfolk took care of them.

Where to next?

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

"Hmm, interesting. Two Sarinis, but four sets of clothing..."

Assuming that by this point Heightened Awareness has worn off, Fizzle reactivates it.

Fizzlebottom heads for the nearest unexamined door. I'm a little confused about where we are on the map.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

You're in the southwest room with Miri

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Second floor, if that helps someone.

"Maybe we should check the last closed door on the east side of the balcony? C'mon, I want to wrap this up so we can try the piano. It's been so long since I played!"


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Perception:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Miri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 (+1 v. traps)
High Fool: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24
Dusty: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

The door does not appear to be trapped. Inside, you see: The large windows of this bedroom offer a magnificent view of the hills to the northeast. Nothing much of interest seems to be in the room,

Perception:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Miri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 (+1 v. traps)
High Fool: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Dusty: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

However, you see faint scratches under the bed. When you investigate, you can see that the words, "Help Me" are carved into the floor.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

"Well that's downright unsettling."

Dusty gives the room a twice-over to make sure nothing's lurking, then moves over to examine one of the remaining rooms.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri agrees. "I hope whoever did that is okay."

She'll try Survival to track: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14 to see if there's been any recent movement in the room besides her and her friends--and how recent those gouges are.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Miri, the scratches seem old to you. They certainly are unsettling, though!

Perception:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9
Miri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16 (+1 v. traps)
High Fool: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Dusty: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Dusty opens one of the two remaining doors. This dormitory-style bedroom looks tidier than other rooms in the building. A hunched figure wearing a maid’s uniform is sitting on a small bed in the northwest corner of the room. She snips the air idly with a pair of scissors.

"I don't know you. Why are you here?" She asks, curiously.

Knowledge (nature) DC 11:
The creature is a nukkefeen (N Medium fey) in a maid's outfit. An eerie creature that resembles a human with oddly segmented limbs, waxen skin, and doll-like eyes. It has DR 2/cold iron. If you exceed the DC by at least 5, feel free to ask some questions!

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

"My word, well isn't that a coincidence, because I don't know you either! I'm Fizzlebottom, what's your name? And are you the maid? Because there are a few spots around here that could really use some cleaning. I don't suppose you have anything suited to cleaning up demon bile?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 16


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

She seems further intrigued by your answer.

“I try to help around here, but my scissors are dull. Do you have anything sharper?”

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Miri ponders the new personage with Knowledge (nature): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20

Question about our friend:
Looks like Miri beat the DC by 9, so... could she ask about our buddy's Ecology entry? She wants to know more about what a Nukkefeen is, what its motivations might be, etc.

"Oh, well, it depends on what you want. I've got some nice sharp arrows, but I'm afraid they're cold iron. I'm Miri by the way. Did you tell Fizz here what your name was?"

Diplomacy to Aid Another Fizzlebottom's check, if allowed? If not, it can be standalone: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

"Arrows? Oh, ick."

Miri:
Many scholars posit that nukkefeens originated as experiments of a powerful First World creature or creatures, and perhaps were intended to serve as assistants or researchers. Some have even tied these creatures to norns’ workshop-like lairs, positing that they may have originally acted as servants of those prescient beings. Nukkefeens’ eyes are glazed and unnatural, and though they are quite limber, their knocked knees make their gait seem uneven and stiff. Most nukkefeens resemble human men or women, though many appear androgynous.

Nukkefeens have a peculiar sense of morality. For example, most of them loathe weapons and violence, but think that harming unpleasant people or animals with scissors or similar objects is a way to “fix” them. They are not inherently malicious, though they are obsessed with old, abandoned buildings where great tragedies have occurred. They are likely to settle in abandoned homes, which they take care of in their own peculiar way.

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

"What do you do with the scissors? Maybe we can sharpen yours..."

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Long as this thing was still talking, Dusty wasn't inclined to shoot first. Especially since he reckoned he'd be quicker to the draw than this thing with its scissors.


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

"Oh, I use them to fix things. There are so many things that are broken! Could you sharpen them?"

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

"Maybe. Why don't you tell us a bit more about this place first? Who else lives here with you? And how long have you been here? How did you get here? And in whose service do you work?"

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (3) + 10 = 13

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

Someday the Atom feeds will consistently work for me. Until that day arrives...

Miri blinks. "I... I think your scissors look quite sharp enough from over here, our nukkefeen friend! I'm sure you can fix people just fine with them. But we're all in perfect working order, you know? Who else might need fixing?"

Bluff to pass a secret message to the party: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 3 = 18

Secret message. Sense Motive DC 15 for the party, or 18 for the scissor sharpener:
Paraphrased: she's a nukkefeen who fixes people by cutting them up with scissors, I think!


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

"Perfect working order? I don't know about that. I can barely see you. Could I borrow your eyes for a moment? You have such pretty eyes."

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Sense Motive: 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (6) - 2 = 4

Fizzlebottom is blissfully unaware of any secret messages that may be bandied about.

"Why thank you. I'm quite fond of them too, but I don't generally loan them out."

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

"I, uh, am rather attached to mine! I can't loan them out."

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

"That gonna be a problem?"

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

"Scissors that mend things, and eyes that can't see! Why, is this a riddle? I don't think I need fixing, though!"

Sense Motive: 1d20 ⇒ 11


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

"Well, if you won't help me with that, at least you could help take care of the baby. Have you seen my baby? He's such a big boy!" She gestures in the direction of the room next door that you haven't explored yet.

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

"A baby?!? Why of course we'll help take care of him. When was the last time his nappy was changed? And has he been burped recently? What's his name by the way?"


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

"His name is Harold, and he's precious. He is really very self-sufficient for a baby. Thank you for asking. I'm very proud of him."

The fey continues to contemplate the group, then asks, "What do you know about the humans who once lived here? Do you know any stories?"

Please accompany your answer with a Knowledge (history or nobility), Perform, or Bluff check. You'll be getting bonuses for anything you found out about the Sarinis during your research.

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

"Plenty of stories. Their favorite downtime activity was racing mice, you know. Why, I even heard that one of them was part-mouse himself!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

The colorful man's tendency to look around, as if for inspiration, takes away any believability he might otherwise have had.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

"They were really bad people! They summoned devils and made friends with devil worshipers and the whole town got its name from when the town killed them!"

Untrained Perform(oratory) for the win!: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 3 = 23

I don't know if you'll believe me, but I fully expected to strikethrough "win" and replace it with "loss" there after seeing the die roll...


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Nothing like some good old storytelling!

"Well, if what you say is true, I have been quite foolish to remain here. This is no place for a baby!"

The creature gathers her things, such as they are, and will leave the room, if you allow her.

She turns back to you and says, "If you see that odious Wormgnash tell him that I have better things to fix than this wicked old manner."

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

"Oh yes, it's quite true. Actually, the devils they summoned were mice-devils and they used to race them and then the Sarinis would mate with the winners, which is how they came to be part mouse themselves!"

Bluff: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 20

"Who is Wormgnash and where can we find him?"


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

"They sound just awful. As is Wormgnash. No doubt he's lurking around somewhere, plotting and scheming probably."

The fey goes into the next room and then emerges holding a giant fiendish centipede wrapped in a blanket, which she coos over.

"Good luck, historians. My baby and I are going to look for somewhere more interesting to live." With that, she makes her way to the stairs to the first floor and out the front door.

If you explore the room she emerged from, you see what was once a nursery, with a cradle to one side and Dolls, wooden figurines, and clockwork toys abandoned on a table.

The sole item of value in the room is a fine silver music box. When opened, the box plays a cheery melody. Inside the box is also a neatly folded piece of sheet music, with the words "play to access the secrets below" scrawled across the back.

Knowledge (history or local), Perform, Profession (sailor) DC 14:
The music box's melody is from a popular sea chantey still sung in Remesiana today.

The Concordance

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

Knowledge (local): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26

"Ah, this song takes me back! It's a Remesian sea shanty I heard long ago. Don't ask me to sing it, though, it's a rather raunchy tale."


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

LOL at the Fool. That does it for the top floor. Where to now?

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

Fizzlebottom watches the strange creature departing with her "baby" with bemusement. Ah the things you see as a Pathfinder!

"So, my friends, shall we return downstairs? Perhaps if we play this music box it will open the way to the cellars?"

I suggest we try the piano?

At least 10 minutes have probably passed, so Fizzlebottom will use his wand of Heightened Awareness again.

Silver Crusade

CG female outsider (native) ranger 3 ... Initiative +10 ... Perception +5 (6 vs. traps) ... Sense Motive -1 HP 25/25 ... Panache 1/2 ... AC 17 touch 14 flat 13 ... CMD 19 ... SAVES (F/R/W) +5/+8/+2 ... MW C. Longbow (p/b, rapid) +7/+7 (1d8+3/x3; 110' range)

"That was... that was weird. Yes, uh, let's try the music box!"


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Making your way through the odd manor, you return to the ballroom, where the piano sits in a corner. When Miri opens the music box, it again plays its jaunty tune.

A trapdoor covered by a rug grinds open at the sound! A dank and musty odor wafts into the room from the gaping opening. Steep stone stairs descend into a vaulted cellar flooded with turbid water, in which dozens of wooden barrels idly float.

Perception:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Miri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 (+1 v. traps)
High Fool: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Dusty: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20

Dusty notices a hidden door in the western wall, close to where you emerged from the staircase.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

Dusty wrinkles his nose against the unpleasant odor, and points out the hidden passage. " 'Fore we try to ford that, might be we should give this door a look."


Tears + Plaguestone + Mosquito Witch + 2E Fun

Perception:

Fizzlebottom: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Miri: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10 (+1 v. traps)
High Fool: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
Dusty: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

The secret door does not seem to be trapped, and it opens into another basement room. Inside is a macabre scene:

A web of thick, pulsating goo covers the walls and part of the floor of this room. Dozens of misshapen, puffy heads and arms stick out from throbbing sacs attached to the vile substance, their mouths wailing and moaning, and their twitching claws reaching out blindly. Spiraling stairs lead down to a central two-foot-deep recess decorated with diabolical symbols.

Sovereign Court

Male N Gnome Mesmerist 3 | HP 24/24 | AC 17 T 13 FF 15 | CMB +0 CMD 12 | F +5 R+6 W +7, +4 vs. disease & poison, +2 vs illusion | Init +2 | Perc +2 (darkvision) SM -2 | Speed 20' | Active Conditions: Heightened Awareness

"Uh, this place looks kind of disgusting! What's wrong with these noble lords - why don't they ever keep their manor houses nice and spiffy?!?"

Fizzlebottom will cast message on his comrades. "In case we get separated..." Then he will detect magic and detect psychic significance into the creepy room and also into the watery area.

Grand Lodge

Male Human (Varisian) Bolt Ace 5/Ranger 1 | HP 51/51 | AC 22, T 17, FF 15 CMD 23 | Fort +8, Ref +13, Will +5 | Init +8 | Perc +11 | Sense Motive +2 | Grit 1/2

"I reckon a blade'd be best at our front, Fool. Don't worry none though, I'll cover you."

The Concordance

Male Elf Swashbuckler 3 | AC: 18/14/14 | HP: 25/25 | Fort +1, Ref +7, Will +1 (+2 vs enchants) | CMB +3, CMD 17 | Perc +8 | Init +4 | Panache: 6/6

The colorful man bows. "It would be my willing duty, sir!" Rapier at the ready, he steps gingerly onto the goo-covered floor, then moves through the secret door.

If nothing happens, I'll continue down the corridor and around into the center.

501 to 550 of 613 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Chie’s Gallows of Madness Part 2 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.