GM Captain Trip's Giantslayer Adventure Path - Now with 50% more calories!

Game Master Chad Newman

Roll20 Site - Current Map
Giantslayer Reference Site
Loot Sheet - Google Doc


2,301 to 2,350 of 2,375 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>

No rage for Sacha and Galor?


Haste, Raging Song, Mirror Image (5 images).

Taking advantage of the surprise and their tremendous speed, Szacha rushes in, hoping to lock the giantess in place, spirits raging angrily around him: "Sorry ladies, but we're set on crashing this party."

Maintain inspire rage. Move with haste, strike.

Aggrimosh, rage, haste, PA, FF: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 192d6 + 14 ⇒ (2, 2) + 14 = 18

Spirits: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 231d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

AC is 16 since haste balances rage. Plus Mirror Image!


Female Halfling (avenging) Hunter 7 || HP 64/64 (64/64 nonlethal) || AC 16/13 Tch/14 FF || F+7 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs. fear) || CMB +5 CMD 17/15 FF || Init +2 || Perception +12
Galor HP:
57/57

Sorry, forgot rage. Add the appropriate modifiers, please GM.


Godling 6 | AC 21 T 12 FF 20 | HP 56/63 | F +6 R +4 W +6 | Init +1, Perc +8, 1st 2/7, 2nd 1/6, 3rd 1/4, Cha 0/5, LL Gz/Sa/Co/Ga/Sz

Held action
Jaghal immediatly throws his spiritual longspear ahead of him, striking the only target in sight, the female giant orc to the left.
Spiritual Lance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10

Hearing Szacha being style he curses. "Damn, I didn't think of a catchphrase!" Nevertheless, the sword keeps striking at its target, and he adds a little bit more fear to the party. The catchphraseless gnome points a finger at the closes wolf and shows it how godling he is, trying to make the big animal step away from the battle in fear. "Mufasa!" Cause Fear DC 15
Spiritual Lance: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

No rage for the medic, thank you.


Male Human Cav 6/Sent 1 | AC 21 T 10 FF 21 | HP 61/61 | F +8 R +4 W +3 (+2 v Charm/Comp) | Init +2, Perc +9, Chal 2/2, Tact 2/2 (6 rnds), Inspired 1/1
Resolute:
AC 21 T 11 FF 19 | HP 60/60 | F +9 R +7 W +5 (+4 vs Ench) | Init +1, Per +5

Continuing his momentum into the room the cavalier moves to support Szacha and keep the orcs from cutting him off.

"Grenseldek! You have brought death and suffering to our people to feed your vanities! You're reign ends here!" he challenges as he approaches, spirits of rage swirling around him. As he does so Hope Rekindled flairs with holy light as if echoing the warriors challenge.

Not sure if Cor was through the door or not so I didn't add charge. If I could charge He will which would add +3 to the attack (2 for charge, 1 for banner)

Attack w/ Size, RM, BS, Rage, Haste, Trait, PA: 1d20 + 11 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (4) + 11 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 19
Damage w/ RM, BS, Rage, Challenge,PA and Valiant: 2d6 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 + 5 + 6 + 4 + (5) = 27

Spirits: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6

+2 to allies melee attack rolls vs Grenseldek. Also Sasha if you and Galor charged you get an additional +1 from Cor's banner and one of you would get the +2 from the teamwork feat I believe

Righteous Might, Rage Song, Bulls Strength, Haste, Challenge
+10 Str, +6 Con, -2 Dex, +2 Natural Armor, -1 AC (size), -1 AC(rage), +2 Will saves, +1 Reflex saves, +1 AC, DR 5/evil, Movement 50', +1 to hit, -2 AC vs nonchallenged
AC 21, Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +5, Init +1, HP 71/71

GM if you would please grow Cor's icon to fill the squares to his right.

Soooo many buffs....;)


Gobbo!

Just hanging for Giz. I figure he's got some spell flinging shenanigans planned.


Sasha the Mouse wrote:
Sorry, forgot rage. Add the appropriate modifiers, please GM.

Spirits for Sacha: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 141d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Spirits for Galor: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 221d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Loot List M gnome wizard (shadowcaster) 6 | HP 44 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | Fort +5 | Ref +5| Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +2

Sorry didn't realize I was up. Giz had a lower initiative that the critters. (Surprise rounds allow only a move or attack action...)

As for shenanigans, we are running pretty low right now...

Giz moves into the room and casts Spiked pit, trying to catch the 2 wolves. DC18 Ref save or take Fall: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 6, 6) = 16 +Spike: 2d6 ⇒ (4, 3) = 7 damage. DC20 climb, 30 feet deep. Each climb check results in 1d6 more damage


Gobbo!

@Giz - No real surprise round, I'm considering the door smash to be enough to alert them and base reactions off of initiative alone, save for readied actions.

Sasha and Galor quickly rush into the room, bearing down on one of the orcs and tearing into it viciously, leaving it looking for less combat ready in the process. Corentin and Szacha both charge towards the giantess, hoping to surround her quickly and gain the advantage against her. Even in her shocked state she manages to fend off the attacks, quickly grabbing up a chair and blocking the smashing blow from Agrimmosh as well as the magically enhanced and enlarged strike from Corentin's morningstar. Jaghal calls a gleaming spiritual spear into existence, the divine weapon immediately plunging deeply into the lone orc, which screams in pain before staring down the gnome with a look of sheer rage. Jaghal mutters his new catchphrase and gestures at one of the wolves, which gives him a snarl and prepares to charge the smaller man. Gizsmith shouts a few arcane laced phrases and a large pit suddenly appears in the northwest alcove, directly between the two wolves. Losing its footing, one of the creatures plummets down into the depths within the pit, followed by a howling shriek as it connects with the spike laced bottom.

Both orcs quickly step away from combat, reaching down at their belts and pulling forth small vials. With an almost practiced motion they drain the contents, consuming the magical liquid held within. The remaining wolf leaps forward, biting at Sasha in an attempt to get at the wicked gnome hiding behind her. It bites into the halfling, teeth ripping and tearing and attempting to pull her down from her mount. The giantess, hearing the challenge from the cavalier, calls out to the orcs, "Invaders! In my keep! Slay them! Slay them all!" She draws forth two wickedly sharp looking handaxes from her belt before turning her attention back to Corentin, "YOU! You are the reason for all of this! You ruined my chances! I will rip the skin from your flesh and wear it proudly before my tribe!" She sweeps one of the axes towards the man, moving with practiced skill backed by the might of her giant blood. The massive axe cleaves into Corentin's shoulder, nearly taking his head off if it weren't for the magically induced speed which allows him to turn away from the blow just as it lands, surely escaping what would have been a quick death at the hands of the giant.

Corentin narrowly avoids getting disemboweled in one round by a devastating critical, taking 20 points of damage instead. Sasha takes 14 damage from the wolf. It is trying to trip, but since she is mounted the rules get a little weird. I'm going to ask for a Ride check against its Trip roll to see if she can stay in the saddle. So the DC is 17.

The party is up!

Dice:

Will Save: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13
Reflex Save: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Attack vs Sasha: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (8) + 6 = 14
Trip Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (8) + 9 = 17
Attack vs Corentin: 1d20 + 18 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 18 + 2 - 3 = 37 Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 9 + 6 + 2 = 20
Crit Confirm vs Corentin: 1d20 + 18 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (2) + 18 + 2 - 3 = 19 Damage: 2d8 + 18 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (7, 2) + 18 + 12 + 4 = 43


That was close!

"Technically, it's not your keep. And anyhow, he just wasn't right for you. You're much too ugly to settle for a mere Storm Tyrant. Nooooo, I say you're perfect for Rovagug itself!" taunts Szacha, hoping to draw the blow away from Corentin and to bolster his companions into cunning rage and he brings his hammer down again, looking for an opening.

Aggrimosh, rage, haste, PA, FF: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 212d6 + 14 ⇒ (3, 2) + 14 = 19

Meanwhile, the spirits surrounding him keep attacking.

Spirits: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 211d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4


Male Human Cav 6/Sent 1 | AC 21 T 10 FF 21 | HP 61/61 | F +8 R +4 W +3 (+2 v Charm/Comp) | Init +2, Perc +9, Chal 2/2, Tact 2/2 (6 rnds), Inspired 1/1
Resolute:
AC 21 T 11 FF 19 | HP 60/60 | F +9 R +7 W +5 (+4 vs Ench) | Init +1, Per +5

Grenseldek's attack came faster than Corentin had expected but fortunately Gizsmiths enchantment allowed him to recover quickly enough to avoid the worst of it.

"You're failings are your own giantess just as your own actions have brought this fate upon you!"

Focused on the source of the attack on Trunau Corentin whirls through a series of attacks, his form blurred with magically enhanced speed.

Attack w/ Size, RM, BS, Rage, Haste, Trait, PA: 1d20 + 11 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 11 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 16
Damage w/ RM, BS, Rage, Challenge,PA and Valiant: 2d6 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 2) + 4 + 5 + 6 + 4 + (4) = 31

Second Attack w/ Size, RM, BS, Rage, Haste, Trait, PA: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 6 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 26
Damage w/ RM, BS, Rage, Challenge,PA and Valiant: 2d6 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 + 5 + 6 + 4 + (5) = 29

Haste Attack w/ Size, RM, BS, Rage, Haste, Trait, PA: 1d20 + 11 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (17) + 11 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 32
Damage w/ RM, BS, Rage, Challenge,PA and Valiant: 2d6 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 4 + 1d6 ⇒ (6, 3) + 4 + 5 + 6 + 4 + (3) = 31

Just realized I made a mistake last round, spirits only hit adjacent targets so wouldn't have gone off. Didn't hit anyway but figured I'd mention it

Righteous Might, Rage Song, Bulls Strength, Haste, Challenge
+10 Str, +6 Con, -2 Dex, +2 Natural Armor, -1 AC (size), -1 AC(rage), +2 Will saves, +1 Reflex saves, +1 AC, DR 5/evil, Movement 50', +1 to hit, -2 AC vs nonchallenged
AC 21, Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +5, Init +1, HP 56/71
Righteous Might 3 rnds remain

Note I reduced the damage by 5 for Righteous Might. Guessing she isn't swinging evil aligned weapons. Oh not that I'm complaining about the end result (happy to be alive) but for the next time she tries to decapitate me I think she also has a 20% chance to miss based on Szacha's spirits correct?


Godling 6 | AC 21 T 12 FF 20 | HP 56/63 | F +6 R +4 W +6 | Init +1, Perc +8, 1st 2/7, 2nd 1/6, 3rd 1/4, Cha 0/5, LL Gz/Sa/Co/Ga/Sz

Life Link: Corentin heals 5; Sasha heals 5, Jaghal takes 10.

"Damn!" Jaghal cursed when he heard the giant shouting. They should have thought of that. Now escaping would be a little more complicated, but nothing they couldn't handle, probably.

He knew the important thing now was to keep the party alive, since in a second this would be too much to withstand, so he spread some happiness around. "Energy Wave!" Selective channel to avoid the giants/orcs and the wolf, since the other one is not upon my reach.
Channel: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (6, 4, 2) + 1 = 13 Everybody back to full.

Then he swiftly changes his spear to attack the orc that was already hurt by Sasha, trying to at least take him out of combat.
Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18 Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

Also taking a 5-foot-step to the right. Haste. AC 22, 26 vs giants.


Loot List M gnome wizard (shadowcaster) 6 | HP 44 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | Fort +5 | Ref +5| Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +2

@Szacha/all: Don't forget that you are hasted, so you get an extra attack if you full attack

Giz slides behind Sasha and activates his Bronze Griffon beside her. The majestic creature attack the Orc it appeared beside.

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Damage?: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Talon 1: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26
Damage?: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Talon 2: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

Griffon stats:

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +12

DEFENSE

AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+2 Dex, +6 natural, –1 size)
hp 42 (5d10+15)
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft., fly 80 ft. (average)
Melee bite +8 (1d6+3), 2 talons +7 (1d6+3)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks pounce, rake (2 claws +7, 1d4+3)

STATISTICS

Str 16, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 5, Wis 13, Cha 8
Base Atk +5; CMB +9; CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)


Gobbo!

Concealment vs Corentin, 1-20 is a miss: 1d100 ⇒ 55

Forgot about that, so keeping it honest!
@Giz - Added a Griffon on the map under your control in the spot indicated.


Tx!

Extra attack Aggrimosh, rage, haste, PA: 1d20 + 10 - 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 - 2 + 1 + 1 = 202d6 + 14 ⇒ (1, 5) + 14 = 20


Female Halfling (avenging) Hunter 7 || HP 64/64 (64/64 nonlethal) || AC 16/13 Tch/14 FF || F+7 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs. fear) || CMB +5 CMD 17/15 FF || Init +2 || Perception +12
Galor HP:
57/57

Ride check (DC 17): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Somehow managing to stay on Galor's back, Sasha fights back the pain and strikes again at the orc, commanding Galor to do the same. Around them, the spirits wail and strike at the foe.

Sasha vs. orc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 3) + 2 = 9
Sasha vs. orc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19 Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 6) + 2 = 10

Galor vs. orc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9
Galor vs. orc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (17) + 7 = 24 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Spirits vs. orc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Spirits vs. orc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Confirm crit for Sasha: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15 Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6) + 2 = 9

Can the spirits crit?


Gobbo!

Yes, they can crit, however, the damage was already enough to drop that one, crit or not, so it just diced the dead orc up a bit more than it already had.

Szacha brings his hammer across in a series of sweeping chops aimed at the giant's knees, but she is no stranger to battle and quickly deflects the blows with her axes. Seeing an opening, Corentin unleashes a flurry of attacks, the first also parried by the skilled giant, but the other two slam home in rapid succession, driving the towering foe back a few steps with the force of their blows. Gizsmith's summoned griffon claws at the massive orc, distracting it long enough for Sasha to step forward, her and Galor landing hit after hit, driving the creature to the ground and ripping it to shreds.

Several yelps can be heard from the pit at the far corner of the room as the trapped wolf futilely tries to climb the sheer spiked walls. Noticing the small oracle proving healing to the invaders, the remaining orc barks out an order, and the wolf shifts, striking at Jaghal. The bite catches the gnome by the leg and a quick twist of the canine's neck sends the gnome crashing to the ground. The orc, now towering even more over the prone oracle, lashes out with her greataxe, intent on chopping the tiny creature in two. The gnome avoids the first blow, rolling over to one side as the massive axe slams into the stone floor, but is unable to dodge the follow up attack as the orc turns the axe over in her hands and directs the attack sideways, into Jaghal's back. The giantess, sorely wounded from the cavalier's attacks, roars in rage and spins her axes in a dizzying deplay of martial prowess, aiming several precise blows at the magically enlarged human. Corentin narrowly blocks the first blow with his shield, the strength of it causing his knees to buckle and leaving him open for two more slashes that rip into his body with vicious force. He falls to the ground at the giant's feet, quite still.

Jaghal takes 15 damage from the orc and is prone. Corentin, having spent his luck avoiding the first critical, fails to avoid the second one. After DR, he takes a total of 63 points of damage, which should put him at -10.

The party is up!

Dice:

Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (11) + 4 = 15 Damagw: 1d6 ⇒ 1
Climb: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5 Damagw: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Wolf vs God-gnome: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 Damage: 1d8 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8 Trip: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25
Orc attack vs Jaghal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16 Damage: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (2, 4, 3) + 5 = 14
Orc attack vs Jaghal: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25 Damage: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (4, 5, 1) + 5 = 15
Giant main hand attack vs Corentin: 1d20 + 16 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (4) + 16 + 2 - 3 = 19 Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 9 + 6 + 2 = 24
Giant main hand attack vs Corentin: 1d20 + 11 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (13) + 11 + 2 - 3 = 23 Damage: 1d8 + 9 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 6 + 2 = 23
Giant off hand attack vs Corentin: 1d20 + 15 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (20) + 15 + 2 - 3 = 34 Damage: 1d8 + 4 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 4 + 6 + 2 = 17
Giant off hand attack Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 15 + 2 - 3 ⇒ (8) + 15 + 2 - 3 = 22 Damage: 2d8 + 8 + 12 + 4 ⇒ (4, 5) + 8 + 12 + 4 = 33


Male Human Cav 6/Sent 1 | AC 21 T 10 FF 21 | HP 61/61 | F +8 R +4 W +3 (+2 v Charm/Comp) | Init +2, Perc +9, Chal 2/2, Tact 2/2 (6 rnds), Inspired 1/1
Resolute:
AC 21 T 11 FF 19 | HP 60/60 | F +9 R +7 W +5 (+4 vs Ench) | Init +1, Per +5

While he may regret it next round, thanks to Milani's Righteous Might, Szacha's daddy issues and Jag's healing Cor is at 8/71...not great but still breathing. Oh and here's hoping for some good miss chance rolls.

Reeling from the giants counter attacks, Corentin sways visibly on his feet only still standing through pure determination and perhaps a bit of magical enhancement. Seeing his opponent suffering from his prior attacks he sends himself into what he hopes will be a final series of well placed blows.

Attack w/ Size, RM, BS, Rage, Haste, Trait: 1d20 + 11 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 11 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 = 35
Damage w/ RM, BS, Rage, Challenge and Valiant: 2d6 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (2, 5) + 4 + 5 + 6 + (4) = 26

Attack w/ Size, RM, BS, Rage, Haste, Trait: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 6 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 = 32
Damage w/ RM, BS, Rage, Challenge and Valiant: 2d6 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 3) + 4 + 5 + 6 + (2) = 23

Haste Attack w/ Size, RM, BS, Rage, Haste, Trait: 1d20 + 11 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 11 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 = 26
Damage w/ RM, BS, Rage, Challenge and Valiant: 2d6 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (4, 5) + 4 + 5 + 6 + (6) = 30

Crit Confirm w/ Size, RM, BS, Rage, Haste, Trait: 1d20 + 6 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 6 - 1 + 5 + 1 + 1 = 14
Damage w/ RM, BS, Rage, Challenge and Valiant: 2d6 + 4 + 5 + 6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3, 6) + 4 + 5 + 6 + (2) = 26

Righteous Might, Rage Song, Bulls Strength, Haste, Challenge
+10 Str, +6 Con, -2 Dex, +2 Natural Armor, -1 AC (size), -1 AC(rage), +2 Will saves, +1 Reflex saves, +1 AC, DR 5/evil, Movement 50', +1 to hit, -2 AC vs nonchallenged
AC 21, Fort +10, Ref +4, Will +5, Init +1, HP 8/71
Righteous Might 2 rnds remain


Gobbo!

Oh my bad. I was looking at your stat line and not the updated one with all your mods. Saved by the buffs!


Wincing at the amount of punishment his leader is taking, and amazed Corentin still stands, Szacha tries his best to help the cavalier, striking with resolve and fury, quick as the wind, with his legendary hammer, while shouting at his companions: "Press on Friends! Press on and teach'em the ways of the Free Trunians! Through steel, through flesh, and through bones!"

Aggrimosh, rage, haste, PA, FF: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 10 + 1 + 1 = 302d6 + 14 ⇒ (2, 1) + 14 = 17

Aggrimosh, rage, haste, PA, FF: 1d20 + 10 + 1 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (1) + 10 + 1 + 1 - 2 = 112d6 + 14 ⇒ (6, 6) + 14 = 26

Spirits: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 151d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Female Halfling (avenging) Hunter 7 || HP 64/64 (64/64 nonlethal) || AC 16/13 Tch/14 FF || F+7 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs. fear) || CMB +5 CMD 17/15 FF || Init +2 || Perception +12
Galor HP:
57/57

With the demise if her opponent, Sasha turns her attention to the wolf nearest her. With a flurry of blows, the pair and their spirit companions land a devastating stream of hits.

Sasha vs. wolf: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27 Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3, 1) + 2 = 6
Sasha vs. wolf: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 = 8

Galor vs. wolf: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Trip?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Galor vs. wolf: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23 Damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7 Trip?: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (11) + 6 = 17

Spirits vs. wolf: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (3) + 7 = 10 Damage: 1d4 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5

Confirm crit?: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18 Damage: 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2, 4) + 2 = 8


Loot List M gnome wizard (shadowcaster) 6 | HP 44 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | Fort +5 | Ref +5| Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +2

The griffon moves to attack the nearest enemie (wolf if still up, or move to the other orc):

Bite: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28
confirm?: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
crit??: 2d6 + 6 ⇒ (5, 1) + 6 = 12

Giz launches a ray of frost at the nearest enemy:
Touch: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14
Damage?: 1d3 ⇒ 1

Griffon stats:

Init +2; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, scent; Perception +12
DEFENSE

AC 17, touch 11, flat-footed 15 (+2 Dex, +6 natural, –1 size)
hp 42 (5d10+15)
Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +4

OFFENSE

Speed 30 ft., fly 80 ft. (average)
Melee bite +8 (1d6+3), 2 talons +7 (1d6+3)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks pounce, rake (2 claws +7, 1d4+3)

STATISTICS

Str 16, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 5, Wis 13, Cha 8
Base Atk +5; CMB +9; CMD 21 (25 vs. trip)


Godling 6 | AC 21 T 12 FF 20 | HP 56/63 | F +6 R +4 W +6 | Init +1, Perc +8, 1st 2/7, 2nd 1/6, 3rd 1/4, Cha 0/5, LL Gz/Sa/Co/Ga/Sz

I believe you forgot the damage caused by the wolf.

Corentin heals 5 from LL. Jaghal takes 5.

The gnome got pissed off when the wolf bit him. It was a light wound surely, but they were in combat after all. Every detail counted. He pointed a finger at the mean wolf to tell it off! "Bad dooooooOOOOOOg!" But the wolf was really bad. It took the opportunity when it was being lectured and threw the mighty godling to the ground. The not so light gnome landed on the floor with a heavy metallic sound, sending dust flying everywhere, specially on his sewage-covered clothes. Jaghal wondered for a moment if that was good or bad, but then recalled they were in the middle of a combat, and thus he had more things to worry about now. He could take care of the wolf later, or let Sasha and the griffon deal with it. Maybe his weapon could do the job. He moved a finger towards the wolf, commanding his spear to attack the bad dog.
Spiritual Weapon: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13 damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9 Attack the boss instead if Sasha or Giz had already killed the wolf at this moment.

Furthermore, there was a giant Orc close to him trying to chop his laying figure up, but that would not be an easy task, hopefully. He wanted to turn the man into a popsicle, but Corentin was in dire need of help, so he spread some love, once again, all over the room, blocking the enemies from getting any of his energy. "Energy Wave!"
Channel: 3d6 + 1 ⇒ (5, 4, 1) + 1 = 11

In a now relatively good shape he, from his position on the ground, teases the Orc in its own language. "Common kid, I've seen girls fight better than you."

Concentration: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (19) + 8 = 27 I'm pretty sure channel causes no AoO, but I don't know if being prone changes anything. Also there's the spiritual weapon change of targets, which I also believe causes no AoO, but if I'm wrong here it is.

Haste. AC 22, 26 vs giants. Prone. HP 46/63


Gobbo!

Sorry folks, class has been far more demanding than I expected.

Corentin defies the power of the giant, struggling to his feet after the last of her blows crashes into him, unwilling to fall before his task is complete. Gripping tightly to his sacred morningstar he launches his own flurry of attacks, landing hit after hit against the massive foe. His final attack connects with the side of the giant's head and a loud CRACK echoes through the air. The titan's eyes roll back into her crushed skull as she crashes to the ground, falling atop the table and splintering it in the process. The reaming party members, inspired by the cavalier's performance, fall upon the remaining foes in a rage of blades, teeth, and talons, quickly ending the fight almost as soon as it began, and leaving each of them gasping for breath.

From the pit a final whimper is heard as the remaining wolf falls from its attempts to climb the walls once more, impaling itself upon the deadly spikes.

End Combat!

Shocked by how fast that went, but it was definitely a kill or be killed kind of encounter. Well done!


Female Halfling (avenging) Hunter 7 || HP 64/64 (64/64 nonlethal) || AC 16/13 Tch/14 FF || F+7 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs. fear) || CMB +5 CMD 17/15 FF || Init +2 || Perception +12
Galor HP:
57/57

Sasha falls forward on Galor, panting. "That was EPIC! I can almost hear Szacha's composition now! The brave little band who slew the evil giantess!"


Godling 6 | AC 21 T 12 FF 20 | HP 56/63 | F +6 R +4 W +6 | Init +1, Perc +8, 1st 2/7, 2nd 1/6, 3rd 1/4, Cha 0/5, LL Gz/Sa/Co/Ga/Sz

Jaghal is happy to have some help standing up, but fortunately only region was saved for now. They were still in the middle of a stronghold full of giants, that were probably heading their way as they spoke. "Indeed epic! I don't wanna be a spoilsport, but are we gonna barricade the entrance and kill every other orc that comes at us, or are we gonna make a dramatic exit?"


Szacha stands, for once, speechless. Truly, what Corentin had achieved was the work of heroes, not men.

As the cavalier turns to face him, he gives him a mighty beam, eyes filled with irrepressible fervour. He would follow that man through the guts of Rovagug!


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Cav 6/Sent 1 | AC 21 T 10 FF 21 | HP 61/61 | F +8 R +4 W +3 (+2 v Charm/Comp) | Init +2, Perc +9, Chal 2/2, Tact 2/2 (6 rnds), Inspired 1/1
Resolute:
AC 21 T 11 FF 19 | HP 60/60 | F +9 R +7 W +5 (+4 vs Ench) | Init +1, Per +5

Put aside hundreds of years ago when despair claimed those who had once held it, the morning star had sat silent and forgotten. Only a glimmer of possibility remained carried within the sole survivor of that dark time. That fragile hope traveled alone in the wilderness until it came to rest at a rare spring in a dry land. In time others came, driven from their homes by foes too innumerable to fight they sought solace near the quietly running waters. Renewed by the spring they found their courage and declared they would give no more. They would hold to this place until the last of them fell. Their foes assailed their walls again and again but still they remained with their Hopespring tended by it's silent guardian. During one such attack, when things stood on the teetering edge of a knife, the hopebearer's life was saved by a group of those who had come to dwell there. Later when that group stepped forward to give their lives to end the threat to the town he instilled a hint of the hope he bore into them. Following his words the group traveled though death and darkness to take up the long forgotten spark of hope and carry it to the very heart of their enemies forces. There they now stood, bloodied, exhausted, surrounded by foes and once again on the brink of life and death. It was then that Hope Rekindled flared with divine light as it streaked like a falling star towards the tyrants skull. The impact sounded as sickening as it was final and left the giantess crumpled in ruin on the ground.

Corentin's vision had narrowed to a mere tunnel, all his focus bound up in staying on his feet and the deadly opponent that faced him. As quick and brutal as the combat had been it seemed as if hours had passed and he was shocked at first when he realized she had fallen. His battle instincts carried him past the confusion and had him looking to his companions before he had fully processed what had just happened. The relief he felt at finding them all alive put a broad grin on his face just before the realization of what they had accomplish hit him.

"For Trunau!" he called out in celebration of their victory and defiance of every challenge and foe that had sought to keep them from this final result.

With the immediate threats dealt with the cavalier released the magics of the armor and let the stirring effects of Szacha's song fade from his blood. Their support gone he immediately felt the full weight of his injuries and nearly joined his opponent on the ground. Breathing deeply to settle himself he said to his companions, "My friends...you hero's of Trunau....we have done the impossible and made our friends and family that much safer. Jaghal is right however, we have done what we can for the place we love and now must turn our thoughts to our own survival. I'll hold the door. Jaghal please see to our wounded while the rest marshal what resources we can from these rooms in preparation for our departure. When we're ready I suggest we try and exit as we entered."

With that he crosses the room to take up a guard position by the shattered doorway. A tickle at the back of his mind had him add, "Keep an eye out for anything that might be of interested to Calrianne. Without her aid things may have turned out far different.

Great work everyone!


Szacha nods gravely and hurries to search the bodies.

Perception: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23

if all is found quiet, then Szacha will take 20 to search.


Loot List M gnome wizard (shadowcaster) 6 | HP 44 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | Fort +5 | Ref +5| Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +2

"Excellent work everybody. Hopefully we can get out as easily"

Giz goes over to give the Griffon a pat and scans the room with Dectect Magic.

We still have some doors to investigate. Maybe we can find a easier way out. Giz will not be opening them, though.


Male Human Cav 6/Sent 1 | AC 21 T 10 FF 21 | HP 61/61 | F +8 R +4 W +3 (+2 v Charm/Comp) | Init +2, Perc +9, Chal 2/2, Tact 2/2 (6 rnds), Inspired 1/1
Resolute:
AC 21 T 11 FF 19 | HP 60/60 | F +9 R +7 W +5 (+4 vs Ench) | Init +1, Per +5

Are there any windows in the room?


Gobbo!

Searching through the room, using Gizsmith's magical awareness to guide them, the heroes discover several interesting items. On the giantess they salvage both of her axes, one of which radiates magic, her scale armor, and a potion. Each of the orcs had high quality greataxes and scale armor, as well as a potion. One obvious item is the large sundered geode on the now broken table, which appears very similar to the one found back in Trunau.


Gobbo!

There are no windows in the room, but there are two sets of double doors that have not been explored yet.


Loot List M gnome wizard (shadowcaster) 6 | HP 44 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | Fort +5 | Ref +5| Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +2

Spellcrafts:
Spellcraft axe: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 20
Spellcraft armour: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (12) + 14 = 26
Spellcraft potion 1: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23
Spellcraft potion 2: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 27
Spellcraft potion 3: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19

Giz will go check the geode and compare it to the other one we have before pocketing it.


Szacha looks further to search for documents, maps, love letters...

How big is the magical axe?


Godling 6 | AC 21 T 12 FF 20 | HP 56/63 | F +6 R +4 W +6 | Init +1, Perc +8, 1st 2/7, 2nd 1/6, 3rd 1/4, Cha 0/5, LL Gz/Sa/Co/Ga/Sz

Jaghal slowly transfers much of his life force to Corentin, which was the only one hurt aside from himself in that combat. +45 hp to Corentin. Meanwhile, he converts his magical power to guarantee some stability to himself.
CSW: 3d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7, 3, 5) + 6 + 1 = 22
CLW: 1d8 + 5 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 5 + 1 = 9
CSW: 3d8 + 6 + 1 ⇒ (7, 3, 7) + 6 + 1 = 24

That really took a tool on Jaghal. He's looking a little pale now, but not any less motivated. "Jaghals, dramatic exit it is then! It will be awesome!"

I have 2 level 1 spells, 1 lvl 3.


Male Human Cav 6/Sent 1 | AC 21 T 10 FF 21 | HP 61/61 | F +8 R +4 W +3 (+2 v Charm/Comp) | Init +2, Perc +9, Chal 2/2, Tact 2/2 (6 rnds), Inspired 1/1
Resolute:
AC 21 T 11 FF 19 | HP 60/60 | F +9 R +7 W +5 (+4 vs Ench) | Init +1, Per +5

The familiar feel of the Jaghal's divine energies infused Corentin's body. Flesh began to knit and regrow while bleeding slowed to a stop. After a moment the weariness of the battle remained but the pain of it had nearly disappeared.

The cavalier didn't know of the gnome truly carried a divine spark or not but he couldn't argue with his abilities. "Thank you Jaghal"


Gobbo!

@Gizsmith:

All three potions are potions of cure serious wounds
The axe is a +2 handaxe, and will resize to fit the wielder
The armor is +1 scale, and will resize

Looking at the geode, when you compare it side by side with the existing one found in Trunau, you see that they fit together perfectly. Using your knowledge skills, you can definitely see that this forms some sort of map. Further research may be needed.

@Szacha - Its a handaxe, larged sized, but per my rules on magic weapons and armor it will resize to suit the wielder.

There doesn't seem to be any noise or alarms being raised so far, so it appears your efforts have gone unnoticed for the most part.


Loot List M gnome wizard (shadowcaster) 6 | HP 44 | AC 13 | T 13 | FF 11 | CMD 11 | Fort +5 | Ref +5| Will +6 | Init +2 | Perc +2

Giz shares the results of his magical inspection. Check the above spoiler for magic item details.

"Pick a door, any door. Let's keep snooping a bit. I don't think we'll be able to get back out the way we came in."


Female Halfling (avenging) Hunter 7 || HP 64/64 (64/64 nonlethal) || AC 16/13 Tch/14 FF || F+7 R+7 W+4 (+2 vs. fear) || CMB +5 CMD 17/15 FF || Init +2 || Perception +12
Galor HP:
57/57

"I agree. Better we should forge ahead than try to backtrack," Sasha says. As an afterthought, she bends down and removes the left ear of the giantess. "Who knows? Maybe showing it to some of these brutes will give them pause about attacking us."


Godling 6 | AC 21 T 12 FF 20 | HP 56/63 | F +6 R +4 W +6 | Init +1, Perc +8, 1st 2/7, 2nd 1/6, 3rd 1/4, Cha 0/5, LL Gz/Sa/Co/Ga/Sz

"No problem man." After answering Corentin he listens to the others. "Nice idea, maybe carrying the head around would be awesome too! They would really think twice. Imagine if we make a full helmet out of her head? Jaghals that would be insane!!"

"Anyway, let's go that way!" He points to the door on the right and proceeds to open it if no one dares.

Roll20 is not opening here, for some reason. So I don't know which door I'm sending us into, but I really don't think that matters now.


Male Human Cav 6/Sent 1 | AC 21 T 10 FF 21 | HP 61/61 | F +8 R +4 W +3 (+2 v Charm/Comp) | Init +2, Perc +9, Chal 2/2, Tact 2/2 (6 rnds), Inspired 1/1
Resolute:
AC 21 T 11 FF 19 | HP 60/60 | F +9 R +7 W +5 (+4 vs Ench) | Init +1, Per +5

Seeing Jaghal heading for the door Corentin intercedes. "Perhaps it would be better if I did that. Best we keep your awesomeness as a surprise for our foes."

Following our esteemed gnomes suggestion and opening the eastern door. Cor will be happy to carry any loot but other than perhaps taking a potion there's nothing he'd be using at the moment.


Szacha gives a strange look to Jaghal, but quickly looks away: "Showing what's on that carpet would have the same effect. Anyway, an ear should be enough... I'm wondering why we can't just leave them to a bloody and neutralizing succession war?"


Male Human Cav 6/Sent 1 | AC 21 T 10 FF 21 | HP 61/61 | F +8 R +4 W +3 (+2 v Charm/Comp) | Init +2, Perc +9, Chal 2/2, Tact 2/2 (6 rnds), Inspired 1/1
Resolute:
AC 21 T 11 FF 19 | HP 60/60 | F +9 R +7 W +5 (+4 vs Ench) | Init +1, Per +5

"I'm all for that my friend, let's just make sure we're not in the middle of it. I'd say let's have a look about to see what our options are and then we can make our exit. If possible we can create another diversion to distract the rest of the keep."


Godling 6 | AC 21 T 12 FF 20 | HP 56/63 | F +6 R +4 W +6 | Init +1, Perc +8, 1st 2/7, 2nd 1/6, 3rd 1/4, Cha 0/5, LL Gz/Sa/Co/Ga/Sz

Not having much to do since he's not the tanker anymore, it's time for the nonsense great ideas! "What if we take part in the succession war and win?"


Male Human Cav 6/Sent 1 | AC 21 T 10 FF 21 | HP 61/61 | F +8 R +4 W +3 (+2 v Charm/Comp) | Init +2, Perc +9, Chal 2/2, Tact 2/2 (6 rnds), Inspired 1/1
Resolute:
AC 21 T 11 FF 19 | HP 60/60 | F +9 R +7 W +5 (+4 vs Ench) | Init +1, Per +5

Corentin grins at the gnomes enthusiasm "A fine idea but in the end the orcs and ogres would only accept our leadership as long as we could physically enforce it. The other orc tribes would also see it as a weakness and no doubt soon be knocking at our door. I suspect our rule would be short and bloody. The keep itself would be valuable if it were closer to Trunau but we are too far afield for one to provide support to the other. I think it best we continue as we planned, strike the head from the tribe, leave them in chaos and disappear before they know what happened."


"If the tribes could self-annihilate... If we could find a window overlooking the courtyard, and the courtyard is occupied, then I' d be all for throwing the giantess' head in the midst of all those warlords wannabes. They'll figure out there's a vacancy and step up, and hopefully mayhem will ensue..." offers Szacha.

"But you're right. First, we need more options. Let's check out where those doors lead."

Szacha's smile seems lighter, as if the pain of losing so many friends had been lifted by a sense of accomplished purpose.


Gobbo!

Opening the door the cavalier finds himself upon a balcony overlooking the main inner yard of the keep, some sixty feet below. The yard itself is overgrown with vegetation and saplings, although rough paths can be seen trampled through the greenery. After taking a moment to carefully observe the area, Corentin and the others spot several ogres moving through the area, or just lazing about. Looking out across the battlements the party can see the moving forms of both ogres and orcs, as well as several giants. All in all there are easily two to three score of enemies almost in plain sight. Luckily none of them seem overly concerned with the keep's balcony, as it does not appear you have been spotted.

Dice:

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7


Male Human Cav 6/Sent 1 | AC 21 T 10 FF 21 | HP 61/61 | F +8 R +4 W +3 (+2 v Charm/Comp) | Init +2, Perc +9, Chal 2/2, Tact 2/2 (6 rnds), Inspired 1/1
Resolute:
AC 21 T 11 FF 19 | HP 60/60 | F +9 R +7 W +5 (+4 vs Ench) | Init +1, Per +5

Waving the party back in Corentin closes the door before moving to the next.


Gobbo!

If you look at the map you can see both doors lead to the balcony. The area they overlook is shown in the bottom part of the map, since it is on so many levels.

2,301 to 2,350 of 2,375 << first < prev | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Captain Trip's Giantslayer Gameplay - Crom! Count the dead! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.