From girl to lady - What makes a Princess? (Inactive)

Game Master JonGarrett

Bedroom Brawl


1 to 50 of 865 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The city has been in chaos. Everyone old enough to search is hunting. The hunt for Princess Amberlae has consumed the populace, the desperate pleas of the beloved Queen Ambervash motivating her subjects to the search. And for those unmoved by patriotism, then the reward is more than enough.

Some people have left the city, assuming if she hasn't been found yet then she isn't there. But...ever since she was announced missing, three days ago, there have been sightings of the Princess. Always within the walls of Valeshti. So you have stayed.

For whatever reason, whether the need for rest or the desire to simply eat real food for once during your search, you are at the Gentler Ambler's Rest. It's one of the finer inns, and relatively full, but somehow you've gotten a room to call your own. No one dares approach the castle these days. The Queen is said to send any servant, noble, ally or enemy she sees back into the city to hunt, no matter the hour.

It is late in the morning, a moonless night, when you hear a crashing sound from the kitchens. The chef, overworked and tired, has long since retired to there room but still, someone or something is in there. Perhaps you could ignore such a noise - after all, the Innkeep owns several cats, perhaps one simply knocked something over - but the bellowing roar of pain is more difficult.

On your approach to the kitchen you can hear, something, moving around. The Innkeep - a tall, close-shaved and heavily built human - stands near the door, backing away slowly. As he moves a shape lumbers into the doorway - a massive brown bear, bleeding from several wounds.

Perception - DC18:
The bear wears no collar or symbol, but it does have a heavy golden torque around it's neck.


Tragic as it may be, the princess's disparition had proven a good occasion to spent much time away from home. Though they remained as empty-handed of information as the rest of the city, Lady Karnelia and her ghostly friend remained hopeful. Their unusual advantages could certainly prove useful in locating the princess.

Lady Karnelia is awakened, that early morning, by the bear's roar. Concerned for the man who had been hosting her for a few days now, she creeps into the kitchen to see what is going on.

Up into the rafters, creeping amongst the wooden beams, a ghostly presence follows.

Perception: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26
Little Sister's Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (16) + 7 = 23

I'm assuming you mean a torc?

"Sir, sir, look, around its neck..." Lady Karnelia whispers, careful not to agitate the bear. She remains at the entrance to the kitchen, at a safe distance from the animal. "I think it's tame."

Meanwhile, the small, ghostly shape of a child, slowly approaches the bear, showing its gentlest visage. She slowly looks at her sister, then at the bear, before pointing to the animal's largest wound, then her own bite-wounded neck. She offers a pleading look.

Lady Karnelia nods. "Yes, you're right, little sister, that poor beast must be suffering so, perhaps this would calm it down."

As Lady Karnelia begins focusing on a healing spell, Little Sister attempts to gently approach the bear, seeing if it will allow her to. Her hand begins to glow with soothing energy.

Attempting to deliver touch spell on a Cure Light Wounds.

Touch 'Attack': 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18


Status:
Lady Pirate 5 HP 28/44 | AC 24 | T 18 | FF 16 | F +7 | R +6 | W +9 | Init +9 | Per +11 | Mana 2/6 | Copycat 3/5 | Channel 0/5

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (15) + 11 = 26

"Well, the spontaneous appearance of a bleeding brown bear in a inn kitchen, if only I could say that was the strangest thing I've ever seen." Julie slowly approaches forward, a hand drifting to Kraken's Maw, before Julie sees Lady Karnelia on the approach.

I suppose I should let her go first if she thinks she can calm it. No need to get blood all over the inn if it's merely one of the guest's pets.

Her hand stays on Kraken's Maw, but Julie ceases her approach a few steps behind Lady Karnelia, apprising the situation.

Perception, does the Innkeep look like he inflicted the wounds (Aka, holding a weapon, blood on him): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (3) + 11 = 14
Knowledge(Nobility), who is this Lady Karnelia: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Knowledge(Nobility), does that torc have any recognizable noble stuff: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Perception, does the bear look like it was rummaging for food(crumbs/stains about its mouth): 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (18) + 11 = 29

On the off chance it's a pirate torc, I have +9 instead! :P

Without her breastplate currently on, still in her nightgown, Julie decides to pay some attention to the protection of her flesh, if not her dignity, by enhancing her clothes.

AC currently 21 rather than 24, 5/6 spell points.


HP 38/38; SP 18/18; AC 20/15/15; Saves F6 R7e W5/11

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

The Gentler Ambler's Rest was not the kind of place known for violent disturbances at night. But these were bad times, and fate sometimes causes chaos at even the finest of inns. Still, as someone bred to be curious and trained to be effective, she rose to investigate the scene.

Upon entering the kitchen, she sees the bear, innkeep, ladies and spirit child. She makes a soft "eep!" at the situation.

sense motive: 2d20 + 2d6 ⇒ (13, 3) + (2, 4) = 22 13+4+15=32

Sensing the intent of the spirit child, she sings softly and soothingly, "Oh, mighty Kuma, be gentle. The child offers solace and relief. She is not threat to you." As she speaks, she is reaching out to it's mind to make it see us as friendly. As always, she is hiding the magic behind her soft song.

Enthrall, powerful charm. Change disposition to friendly for 5 hours. 2 SP Will save, DC20

bluff, cunning caster: 1d20 + 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (17) + (5) + 17 = 39


Incanter 5/Shifter 5 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 14 [20], Touch: 12, FF: 12 [18] | Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +8 | Melee: +7 | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | Init: +7, Perception: 12

Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 23

Ellara watched from her table as the big beast came in, then quietly took another bite of her meal. "Uh, if anyone cares, I can speak Bear." she said. Well, she could if she touched it, anyway. She could also turn herself into something big and mean if she had to stop it, but anyone who busted in would probably misunderstand the situation...

(Suffice to say there was a reason she was called the 'Hundred Forms'...)

She did, however, see if she could try to see if she could examine the torque... and calm the beast while she was at it. You REALLY didn't want to stand close to an angry bear...

Know Local (Do I recognize that torque?): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18
Wild Empathy (Convince the bear that we're friends): 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Karnelia:
Yes, I do mean torc. It can also be spelled torque, oddly, and that one doesn't make my spellcheck cry.

The bear is not acting aggressively. It seems more pained and confused than anything else.

Julie:
The Innkeeper didn't hurt the bear, although the way his hands are raised and the scars on them suggests her certainly could. These were done with blades and arrows. Equally there is no sign the bear was looking for food.

The torque has a connection to House Archaos.

Lady Karnelia of House Traegoh is something of an embarrassment to the family. She is said to have been a weak, sickly child and several members of the family plan to remove her from her place as Heir. She currently has her father's grudging support, however. The fact she's here, without any obvious guards, suggests his support may only be public.

Kiyomi:
While huge, uncoordinated and confused, the bear is not aggressive. That doesn't mean not dangerous, however.

Ellara:
You do recognize the torque - it's worn by some of the members of the Archaos Household Guardsmen, usually members of the Archon Guard.

The huge creature snuffled in surprise at the touch, and seemed to release a certain amount of tension. With a grunt the creature collapsed by the door, breathing heavily. One of the wounds on the creature's chest, now smaller, bubbles as it breathes. Lung struck. The bear is likely dying.

For a moment the huge bear...blurs. Hairs ripple, muscles tense, the long nose shifts back an inch and the claws retract a little. The bear groans in pain and the change halts and reverts. The massive bear slumps, breathing heavily.

"Came through the stables," the Innkeeper said, keeping his eyes firmly on the bear. "Pulled the door off the hinge and squeezed through. I was finishing clean-up when it came in. Gave me such a start I dropped my best pan."

[spoiler=


Incanter 5/Shifter 5 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 14 [20], Touch: 12, FF: 12 [18] | Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +8 | Melee: +7 | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | Init: +7, Perception: 12

Ellara hurried over, then pressed her hands against the bear's side. A heavy surge of life energy erupted out of her hands as she focused on the creature, trying to at least get it back to a safe level in one solid spurt. While she mostly couldn't transform others, her talents did include the healing arts... and hopefully, this would be enough.

Expending 1 SP to use Life: Cure on the bear.
Healing: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18


Status:
Lady Pirate 5 HP 28/44 | AC 24 | T 18 | FF 16 | F +7 | R +6 | W +9 | Init +9 | Per +11 | Mana 2/6 | Copycat 3/5 | Channel 0/5

"So, the bear belongs to House Archaos. It seems the attacks on them did not end with the princess' kidnapping." Julie begins attempting to follow the blood trail back to it's source, commenting idly as she passes the bear by.


"What fiends would perpetrate such things..." Lady Karnelia deplores. "It is truly a shame."

"That pulsing, though, how bizarre... what was that? I wonder if..."

Attempting to Detect Magic on the bear.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Karnelia:
The bear radiates with Transmutation magics. The Torque has a mild trace of Evocation magics.

Again, the healing magics help the bear. It's breathing becomes less laboured. Heavy brown eyes focus on Ellara and the huge form grunts heavily.

In the kitchen, it seems the Barman's tale is true. Drips of blood and knocked pans lead to the doorway, ripped off and set aside by the way. It's quite impressive a feat of strength - the door is ancient oak bound by dark steel, and the three hinges have long bronze screws still hanging from them.

The drips lead out into the stable. Outside the horses stabled there stand calmly, sleeping or munching on hay.


Incanter 5/Shifter 5 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 14 [20], Touch: 12, FF: 12 [18] | Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +8 | Melee: +7 | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | Init: +7, Perception: 12

After taking a moment to steal its language through her touch (useful, that, in case he grunted anything meant to be understood), Ellara sent a second pulse of healing into its labored form. <"Relax, you're going to be fine."> she said in Bear. House Khalavest wasn't really known for healing magic, but hey, when you spent all day blowing stuff up, you quickly put that on the priority list. Besides, it did seem to be affiliated with the Royal Family (or their House, at least, which was close enough), and she'd specifically been told to help them as a demonstration of her house's goodwill and allegiance.

Healing!: 1d8 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
Also, used Steal Language on it, just in case.


"That bear has been transformed by magic..." Karnelia says, confused by this development. "Or perhaps... someone has been transformed into a bear? That torc, too, is magical. Evocation magic, specifically. Just what is going on here?"


Little Sister, who had been watching the bear wordlessly, floats aside to let Ellara tend to the bear.

"Miss," she asks gently, her voice nothing more than a whisper on the wind, "Do you think it will be okay?"


HP 38/38; SP 18/18; AC 20/15/15; Saves F6 R7e W5/11

Kiyomi will get some water to help clean the blood off. "I have been trained in some of the arts of investigation. If you understand my words, raise your right paw for yes and your left for no. Focus on what you remember. Open yourself up to this communication and we will help you."

If he indicates he understands, she will focus. She will read his surface thoughts 1sp, will save DC 20 if he wants to resist, no will save if he wants to help. She will cover this by making "educated guesses" and using cold read along with the information she gets from the surface thoughts to figure out what he knows.

[dice=bluff, "educated guesses"]1d20+1d6+17[/dice]
bluff, cunning caster: 1d20 + 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (1) + (2) + 17 = 20

If he does not indicate he understands, she will dive deeper into his memory. 2sp, will save dc 20, seeking the details of him becoming a bear. Of course, she will not share the information yet until she gets a better idea of how to do this.

bluff, cunning caster: 1d20 + 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (10) + (3) + 17 = 30

I am having some internet trouble at home, I may not be able to post quite as much tomorrow. It should be fixed soon.


Status:
Lady Pirate 5 HP 28/44 | AC 24 | T 18 | FF 16 | F +7 | R +6 | W +9 | Init +9 | Per +11 | Mana 2/6 | Copycat 3/5 | Channel 0/5

Julie continues following the blood trail, looking for its origin, figuring such a heavily injured creature could not have made it far and would have left quite the trail.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The bear stared at Ellara for a moment. <"You can speak in this form? Superb. I am Hasker. Bodyguard to Princess Amberlae. I Shifted to protect her, and I was..."> The massive druid rumbled. <"Cursed, trapped. The Princess! Her father! I..."> A gasping noise. <"Poison. The Princess...the Umbral Markets...Thiladore..."> With a shudder, the bear began to convulse.

Kiyomi:
The bear - Hasker - is willing to help. He shows you what he can. The Princess' private chamber. People in dark clothes. The Princess' guards fighting. A flash of gold. A sword. Amberlae fleeing, her guards behind her. Dark. Underground. Fireflies and calls. A red door. Thiladore. Darkness...

~~~

Outside the inn, Julie gets part of the way across the stable courtyard. There are signs of a fight there. Gouges in the stone from massive claws, shattered arrows and blood. More blood than the bear had lost. Someone else died here.

Perception (Julie) DC 20:
Someone is near the gates and walls to the inn. They're quick, they're quiet and they're busy watching, keeping two slumped figures hidden in the shadow.


Status:
Lady Pirate 5 HP 28/44 | AC 24 | T 18 | FF 16 | F +7 | R +6 | W +9 | Init +9 | Per +11 | Mana 2/6 | Copycat 3/5 | Channel 0/5

Perception: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13

Bugger.


Incanter 5/Shifter 5 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 14 [20], Touch: 12, FF: 12 [18] | Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +8 | Melee: +7 | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | Init: +7, Perception: 12

<"There aren't many things I can't speak with."> Ellara answered, filing the names away in her mind. She wasn't giving up on the bear quite yet, though. If poison was the problem here, then maybe she could... hup!

Heal (Treat Poison?): 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20


HP 38/38; SP 18/18; AC 20/15/15; Saves F6 R7e W5/11

"Amberlae is in trouble." she says, going white. She looks out the door. "It might be dangerous." She steps out to look for Lady Julie.

perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26


Lady Karnelia nods to Kiyomi. "I will remain here and see what else I can find out. Little sister, would you accompany her? There is safety in numbers. I'm counting on you to alert us if something happens."

Is the courtyard within 50 feet of where we are now? If not, is it within 100? (This is going to be a recurring question with my character.)


The specter nods without a word, and follows Kiyomi out, shifting into a more corporeal shape.

As the scene of the battle becomes apparent, she gasps in fright, panicked eyes looking around for signs of any survivors.

Perception: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (13) + 7 = 20


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Courtyard is within 100ft.

Even with all the fur, Ellara managed to recognize the poison affecting Hasker. A few ingredients from the kitchen make a poultice to apply to the wounds that will, perhaps, allow the Druid to live. For now. The poison is virulent, however. It'll require a true antidote to cure, and bedrest for several days to recover.

In the courtyard, Kiyomi and Little Sister spot the men by the walls. At the moment, they don't seem to be doing much beyond retreating, but it would be possible to stop them.


Incanter 5/Shifter 5 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 14 [20], Touch: 12, FF: 12 [18] | Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +8 | Melee: +7 | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | Init: +7, Perception: 12

Well, at least she'd recognized the poison - that was a good start. "Someone needs to fetch a professional healer, one who can create an antidote." she said bluntly, looking up at the building's staff. "A servant of the crown needs your help, so go get a good priest or an herbalist or something. It's the kind of thing the guards won't forget." Which could be preeeeetty handy, all things considered.

Diplomacy (Easy Request - act in their own self-interest by getting help?): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The Barkeep snorted. "Oh, they'll forget a favour soon enough. But I'll not have anything, bear or person, die in me bar if I can do something about it." Lifting a lantern he gestured to a young boy. "Go and fetch Ma Kelsi, tell 'er to come here."

The boy rushes out the door. After a few moments the door opens again and the Barkeep looked over. "Can I help you?"

"Yes," said the plain-looking woman standing with two other figures by the door. "You can give us the bear."


Incanter 5/Shifter 5 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 14 [20], Touch: 12, FF: 12 [18] | Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +8 | Melee: +7 | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | Init: +7, Perception: 12

"The bear"... not "the soldier", or better, his actual name. Not his friends, then, and probably not even his allies. She wasn't going this far to heal him just to let someone else finish the job of killing him. "You've shown nothing that proves he's yours to take. Back off."

Ready Action: Shapeshift if they get too close or act hostile.


"You will state your name and purpose." Lady Karnelia insists, forcing herself to but on a brave face. If the situation is as she understood, and this bear, or man, or whoever this was, has risked life and limb to deliver a message, then she would not allow harm to come upon him, risky as it may be for her.

Faint magic flares about her hands.

Intimidate: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16


"Who are these people?" The childlike ghost asks, eyes darting about in confusion. "Miss, do you know them?"


Status:
Lady Pirate 5 HP 28/44 | AC 24 | T 18 | FF 16 | F +7 | R +6 | W +9 | Init +9 | Per +11 | Mana 2/6 | Copycat 3/5 | Channel 0/5

"Who is who?" Julie raises an eyebrow at 'Little Sister', still examining the battle scene to little conclusions.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The Courtyard

At the spectral being's words, one of the people came forwards. "Peace!" he called as he stepped into a patch of lantern light. "We're hunting the bear that just attacked this inn. It killed one of my people and wounded two more. We're just treating our wounded. Is it safe? Did we wound it enough to stop it harming anyone inside?"

~~~

The Common Room

The woman held her hand up - but the other was on the hilt of a blade. "Well, if you really want to own a half-dead bear, I suppose you can make a rug out of it or something. So long as the thing is dead when we leave I don't especially mind how it's done."


HP 38/38; SP 18/18; AC 20/15/15; Saves F6 R7e W5/11

"The bear is dead. It came in and collapsed. The innkeep drove a blade into it's head. You can go back and take care of your wounded and dead." The last part is a backed up by more than just words.

Powerful group suggestion. DC 20; subtle - second will save for those who succeed to recognize they've been affected. 3 targets, 3 SP

bluff for cunning caster: 1d20 + 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (3) + (2) + 17 = 22

She will also glance at Julie and the child to let them know to beware the strangers.

bluff for convey message: 1d20 + 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (12) + (1) + 17 = 30 Successful convey vs them. DC 30 for others to figure this out


Status:
Lady Pirate 5 HP 28/44 | AC 24 | T 18 | FF 16 | F +7 | R +6 | W +9 | Init +9 | Per +11 | Mana 2/6 | Copycat 3/5 | Channel 0/5

Initiative to save Kiyomi her spell point: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15

Maybe Surprise Round Charge: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24
-2 if that's not a surprise round, as I'll instead move close and Lightning Blade. Which will grant +3 if he's in metal armor.

Damage (Slashing/Lightning): 2d6 + 2 + 2d6 ⇒ (6, 5) + 2 + (4, 2) = 19
Extra Lightning Damage if that's not a charge: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 3) = 9

"There are wounded?" Julie begins striding purposefully forward for a moment, before her hand clasps onto Kraken's Maw and she breaks into a run and attacks. "Excellent, that means you don't need to be alive for me to have someone to interrogate."

Alright, if I'm not confused, Me, Little Sister, and Kiyomi are outside, facing one guy, two wounded, and one dead. Julie thinks she can take this and is not bothering with diplomacy, because she doesn't know about the woman and her two goons who are inside the bar, with Ellara and Lady Karnelia. But Ellara seems to be reacting to both situations at once, which is making me confused. Are we close enough that both groups know what's going on in both areas?

Choosing Maneuvers Eldritch Shield and Temporal Fury.
1d3 ⇒ 1
And gains Clockwatcher.
Animus Pool 3, Maneuvers Eldritch Shield, Temporal Fury, Clockwatcher.


Incanter 5/Shifter 5 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 14 [20], Touch: 12, FF: 12 [18] | Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +8 | Melee: +7 | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | Init: +7, Perception: 12

Ellara wasn't shapeshifting quite yet - she was waiting to see the result of Kiyomi's spell. If they could be convinced to give up and go away with no further trouble, that was great. Otherwise, she'd probably maul them. Maybe a big form would do...


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Caught off guard, the blade rent a deep gash in the man's shoulder. Screaming in surprise and pain he falls back under the assault. "Are you insane?! We're hunting a damned bear, not your children!"

Hunter Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Kiyomi: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Little Sister: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (1) + 12 = 13
Is Little Sisters Initiative correct?

~~~

In the common room, the people inside turned at the scream. "What on earth...kill it, and them if you need to." The woman and her guards drew there weapon.

Hunters: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 2 = 19
Ellara: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22
Karnelia: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (15) + 6 = 21


Status:
Lady Pirate 5 HP 28/44 | AC 24 | T 18 | FF 16 | F +7 | R +6 | W +9 | Init +9 | Per +11 | Mana 2/6 | Copycat 3/5 | Channel 0/5

"Yes, you were hunting a bear bearing clear heraldry of House Archaos. And presuming for a moment you lacked the visual or mental acuity needed to know that, rather than raising the alarm at there being a bear so that civilians may leave to safety, guards may do their job, or even seek medical attention for your friends, you hide in the shadows until revealed. Certainly the actions of an upstanding citizen."

Julie raises her blade to her eye level, examining the spray of blood glistening across the rusty steel. "I must compliment your skills, or at least tenacity, as a hunter either way. That blow would have cut a normal man in half."

Was my attack during the surprise round or not?


Bit of a hurry, don't have time to write a full post, but: My bad, I meant to put her perception in senses next to it, but was distracted and wrote it in init. Little Sister's initiative is +3. I've fixed her profile.


Incanter 5/Shifter 5 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 14 [20], Touch: 12, FF: 12 [18] | Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +8 | Melee: +7 | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | Init: +7, Perception: 12

Totally getting Additional Limbs next level. XD

Ellara bent down, and as she did so, her body shifted. She landed crouched on all fours, her overall body feline in form. That wasn't the only change, though. Two wings sprouted out of her back, and her back legs twisted into hooves as her front sprouted claws. She let out a roar a moment later, and as she did so, a stream of electricity shot out of her mouth and towards as many of the guards as she could get.

See profile for current form.

Breath Weapon, Elec, 60 ft Line, Reflex DC 16 for Half Damage: 2d8 ⇒ (8, 4) = 12

It was actually a much lighter attack than she could have unleashed, but for now, she mostly wanted to scare them.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Yes, Julie had a surprise round. This is now round 1. Feel free to hit him again.


Reality distorts faintly around Lady Karnelia as she recoils from the sudden threats. A shield of spiritual energy forms around her body.

Activating Ectoplasmic Armor.

"Leave the bear alone!"


Status:
Lady Pirate 5 HP 28/44 | AC 24 | T 18 | FF 16 | F +7 | R +6 | W +9 | Init +9 | Per +11 | Mana 2/6 | Copycat 3/5 | Channel 0/5

I don't think sense motive is an action, so if Kiyomi wants to roll sense motive and say something to stay Julie's hand, I think she could at this point. Otherwise...

Hit him again! (+3 against metal armor): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24
Damage (Slashing/Lightning): 2d6 + 2 + 5d6 ⇒ (5, 2) + 2 + (5, 3, 5, 1, 5) = 28

Unless someone gave Julie a good reason not to, Julie attempted to behead the man with a blade crackling with lightning.


HP 38/38; SP 18/18; AC 20/15/15; Saves F6 R7e W5/11

Kiyomi backs off, noting that their companion was a woman of action. She backs off a bit, looking like she's scared of the fighting until she steps into a stance and throws an invisible blade at the leader.

bluff: 1d20 + 1d6 + 17 ⇒ (2) + (1) + 17 = 20
force blast ranged touch: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16
damage: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (6, 5, 4) + 2 = 17


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The leader in the courtyard collapsed under the assault. However, injured did not mean dead, and the two other members of his band had used the time to draw there own weapons...and opened fire. Pistol shots crackled through the night air.

Ranged Touch Attack 1 (Julie): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7

Ranged Touch Attack 2 (Julie): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

~~~

Reflex Save (Boss): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Reflex Save (Lackey): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Both manage to avoid the worse of the attack, although both are singed by the blast. The woman is noticeably less affected, simply rolling her shoulders while her minion judders for several moments. The woman charged forwards, a heavy estoc in one hand.

Estoc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (3, 1) + 4 = 8

The other two, knives in hands, went for Karnelia. "We'll kill you the same way we killed that damned Guard," one muttered.

Knife Flunky 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3

Knife Flunky 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (8) + 4 = 12
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 3


Lady Karnelia groans in pain as the man's knife leaves a gash in her arm.

She steps back and reaches to merely touch one of the men, spiritual forces building within herself. "You will STAND DOWN!" she roars, pushed beyond the brink.

Phantom Touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5


Little Sister's visage flashes with horror as the connection she and Lady Karnelia share alerts her of the danger. "Sister!"

"More people at the inn! They want to kill everyone!"

By the time anyone can reply, Little Sister is already rushing off to the inn, risking attacks of opportunity as needed.

Little Sister will try to flank one of the men with Lady Karnelia, while being adjacent to the other attacker if this is possible. She favors being adjacent to both to flanking either.


Status:
Lady Pirate 5 HP 28/44 | AC 24 | T 18 | FF 16 | F +7 | R +6 | W +9 | Init +9 | Per +11 | Mana 2/6 | Copycat 3/5 | Channel 0/5

Maneuver granted from last round: 1d2 ⇒ 2

Ooh boy, Degrade resistance.

Cut From The Air: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23

Julie barely dodges the second bullet, while somehow parrying the first in some preternatural instinct.

Then she smiles, as the two other warriors have to reload the danger lifting for the barest moment, a moment of swagger in voice and stride as she moves forward, "You all can crush them in the inn, I have this handled." Her blade crackles all the more.

Energy Channel Swift Action, +4 lightning damage on next three attacks.

Lightning Blade Attack (+3 vs armor): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
Damage (Slashing/Lightning): 2d6 + 2 + 5d6 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 2 + (2, 2, 1, 3, 6) + 4 = 26


HP 38/38; SP 18/18; AC 20/15/15; Saves F6 R7e W5/11

Kiyomi is particularly impressed at slicing the bullet. Between that and storm magic, she's inclined to believe the statement.

"Good to hear. I'll question the leader before he bleeds out."

She moves behind a barrel for cover and dives into the leader's mind. *Where did they take Amberlae? Who ordered this?*

2sp for powerful read mind. DC 20 will save. I guess subtle doesn't matter.


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

The Courtyard.

One of the gunmen was cut down by Julie's brutal, magically infused attack.

Julie, just to clarify for myself - the 5d6 Lightning Damage, is it a Spell Point Destruction Blast or a Energy Channel attack using a Channel Energy to power it?

Ranged Touch Attack (Julie): 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11
Damage: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4

The second gunman fired again, but his panicked shot went wild. He tried to scramble backwards, and away from the ferocious sword.

Will Save: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11
Kiyomi managed to tear the last thoughts from the dying leader. There was a great deal of confusion. He hadn't been expecting to be attacked, and wasn't aware of what the bear really was. What he did know was that the torque it was wearing was somehow related to the princess, and his employer wanted it. As for who that was...a middle man. Bandel Firus. Never saw the employer. Only...gold...

And then he died.


Incanter 5/Shifter 5 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 14 [20], Touch: 12, FF: 12 [18] | Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +8 | Melee: +7 | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | Init: +7, Perception: 12

The woman in the inn clearly had more brawn than brains, or she wouldn't have gotten close to something that had as many weapons as Ellara. Ducking under the estoc thrust, the girl's response was brief but savage. In addition to ripping out with all four legs and her jaws, Ellara's body briefly surged with energy as she channeled her magical power and added its force to her strikes.

Swift Action: Activate Energy Blade. Applies her Destructive Blast's damage to the first successful attack. Does not provoke an AoO (yay, Melee Blaster).
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (4) + 7 = 11
Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 for Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 for Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (4) + 4 = 8
Hoof: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Hoof: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 2 = 22 for Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Crit Confirm: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Energy Blade Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (5, 1, 5) = 11


GM of all he Surveys - Still sick, but in a different way

Ellara rips into the woman carrying the Estoc, bur the woman fights back, attempting to parry the first two blows.
Parry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21
Parry: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

Both attacks make it through, ripping into the woman for serious damage. Still, she isn't done and fights back, the gleaming blade flicking through the air at Ellara.

Estoc: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 1) + 4 = 6

As one of the blades nicked Karnelia, she felt a burning sensation from the cut. Something was on that blade, and it wasn't friendly.

Karnelia, can I have a Fortitude Save please?

Little Sister manages to move adjacent to one enemy, but they're attempting to flank Karnelia. Getting into a flanking position against one will mean leaving the other alone. However, she does block one from getting into position. The next turn, however...

This doesn't stop the knifes from flicking out again.

Knife Flunky 1: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (14) + 4 = 18
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Knife Flunky 2: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22
Damage: 1d4 ⇒ 1

End of Round 2 - Top of Round 3


Incanter 5/Shifter 5 | HP: 40/40 | AC: 14 [20], Touch: 12, FF: 12 [18] | Fort: +4, Ref: +5, Will: +8 | Melee: +7 | CMB: +5, CMD: 17 | Init: +7, Perception: 12

The piercing weapon stabbed into Ellara's side, and the monstrous girl let out a snarl before ripping out again, trying to tear the woman down as quickly as possible. Most people associated the magicians of House Khalavest with weak people who stood far to the back - but not every magician was so fragile, and Ellara specialized in rapid blows. And in flying around breathing fire from the sky. And burrowing under the foundations of buildings. And... look, shapeshifter, okay? Being whatever she needed to be was what her magic did.

Energy Blade, as before.
Bite: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22 for Damage: 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7
Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (19) + 7 = 26 for Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 4 = 5
Claw: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (18) + 7 = 25 for Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Hoof: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 for Damage: 1d4 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6
Hoof: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Energy Blade Damage: 3d6 ⇒ (1, 5, 3) = 9


Fortitude Save: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Lady Karnelia, meanwhile, was not an adept of frontline combat. She recoiled at the additional slashes, protecting herself best she could.

She stepped away from the men, thankful for the spirit's assistance, and invoked her occult powers.

"I didn't wish to use this, but you're giving me no choice," she apologizes.

Casting Disfiguring Touch, to be delivered by Little Sister

1 to 50 of 865 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / What Makes a Princess? All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.