Ed's Dragon's Demand (Inactive)

Game Master fine_young_misanthrope


1,351 to 1,400 of 1,551 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Witch 6 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 12 (FF: 10; Touch: 12) | Fort: +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +6 | CMB: +5 | CMD: 15 | Perception +11 Sense Motive +2

Finn sniffs the air, "I think I smell some mushrooms that are not too far away..."

Aid Bluff: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 14

Liberty's Edge

The naga looks at the group, then streaks You are here to hurt him! I'll kill you, and then he'll have to acknowledge me! she then begins shooting toward the group with a purpose she lacked till now!

Initiative:

monster: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Liberty's Edge

round 1, fight!
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
monster: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

Yasmin steps in and attacks!

Rapier: 1d20 + 11 - 1 ⇒ (5) + 11 - 1 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + (3) = 17

Combat expertise activated: AC now 25

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

Orell lines up taking a five foot step back away from the charging beast and lets loose:

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

damage: 4d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 6, 4, 6) + 7 = 29

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

damage: 4d6 + 7 ⇒ (6, 1, 6, 2) + 7 = 22


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

I was waiting for the naga to attack, but I will advance my action so GM can resolve it

Shriek wields his longsword in a fighting position and moves forward into a flanking stance with Yasmin "You will pay for not letting us get our mushrooms! Grrroar!"

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Witch 6 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 12 (FF: 10; Touch: 12) | Fort: +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +6 | CMB: +5 | CMD: 15 | Perception +11 Sense Motive +2

Finn hexes the naga.

Evil Eye hex (-2 AC), DC 16 Will
Fail? 7 rounds. Save? 1 round

Liberty's Edge

round 1, fight!
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 Charge in!
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21 HEX to the rescue!
monster: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 stare into my eyes!
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9

Yasmin shoots in closing the distance, but missing the naga.

Finn throws a spell with lightning speed. will save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

The naga begins the mutter and squirm around talking about her true love. It's hard to not stare at the moving mass... Will save DC17 or fascinated!

Samuel moves up as fast as he can! finish if you can

Orell nails the snake women with one arrow but misses with the second.

ROUND 2, FIGHT!


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

Will: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

Attack of opportunity?
Rapier: 1d20 + 11 - 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 11 - 1 + 2 + 2 = 24
Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + (4) = 15

Full attack
Rapier: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 9 - 1 + 2 + 2 = 26
Damage, last d6 is fire: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 + (2) + (4) = 20

Short Sword: 1d20 + 9 - 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 9 - 1 + 2 + 2 = 20
Damage, last d6 is cold: 1d6 + 6 + 2 + 1d6 + 1d6 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + (1) + (1) = 13

Bite: 1d20 + 5 - 1 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 5 - 1 + 2 + 2 = 12
Damage: 1d6 + 3 + 2 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 3 + 2 + (4) = 10

"I don't fall for that!" Yasmin says while her rapier and short sword try to find an opening in the Naga's defenses.

Combat expertise activated: AC now 25


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Will+HR DC 17: 1d20 + 4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 = 7
Shriek is stuck at place and looks absentmindedly at the naga.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

Will save: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18

damage: 4d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 4, 6, 4) + 7 = 24

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15

damage: 4d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 2, 2, 2) + 7 = 14

I want my mushrooms!

Liberty's Edge

round 2, fight!
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 CUT CUT CUT!
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 2 = 21
monster: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 Stun!
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 Shoot her!

No attack of opportunity as its a not casting a spell, just moving weird

Yasmin shakes off the effects easily then cuts in hard. Two of the swing hit hard, but the last bit misses the Naga as it slips around in its space.

The creature attempts to concentrate on keeping Samuel fanicated.

The Monster then attempts to maintain concentration. concentration: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
concentration: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23

The monster attempts to disappear via a spell!
concentration: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 and it fails!

Samuel then shoots twice, hits once, and drops the naga to the floor with a thud. Samuel then snaps to attention as the snake's body stops moving.


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

"I am sorry" Yasmin says to the Naga while she sheathes her weapons "I think someone tricked you into this."

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Witch 6 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 12 (FF: 10; Touch: 12) | Fort: +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +6 | CMB: +5 | CMD: 15 | Perception +11 Sense Motive +2

What a shame...such a beautiful creature.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

Orell nods and will search the fallen adversary as well as the room for anything of value take 20 for 31

Liberty's Edge

searching the room, you only find an impressive necklace on the naga. It looks expensive.

detect magic DC 20:
necklace of adaptation

There is nothing else in this room. Continuing on to the next room.
This large bedroom is furnish with only a single large bed before a wall of empty bookshelves. A shallow bathing pool sits opposite the bed, its tile basin empty and dry.
When you search this room with your crazy perceptions scores! you find an immaculate cup.

detect magic DC 20:
buffering cap.

Where to next? Up to the belfry or down to somewhere else?


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

Yasmin takes a close look at the stairs checking for traps. With a sword in both hands she silently ascends.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Shriek suddenly comes to normal as the naga falls "Oh, what was that? it was beautiful"

The half-orc inspects the objects with detect magic.
Spellcraft+HR: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 5 + 2 = 19
Spellcraft+HR: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 5 + 2 = 23
"This is a buffering cup" explains shriek about the second object, without having idea about the first one.

He then nods to Yasmin, "Yeah, let's go through the stairs, Groooar!"

Liberty's Edge

Its time for the immovable object to hit an unstoppable force! Yasmin let's see how good your perception is!

creature stealth!: 1d20 + 33 ⇒ (1) + 33 = 34

yasmin perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19

The air shimmers for a second before the item is thrown directly at Yasmin!

thrown dice vs. flat footed ac: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 114d6 + 4 ⇒ (6, 3, 2, 1) + 4 = 16

Yasmin takes a hit and is bathed in fire as materializing in front of you is a women exuding confidence as she juggles bottles of fire!
Pentosh

Initiative:

monster: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Liberty's Edge

ROUND 1, FIGHT!
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
monster: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Yasmin and the group is on the stairs, the women is above you in the belfry. YOu are in 28b. Its open in the center.

Map Updated


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

"Oh! Who is that?!" Shriek looks at the weird woman "Eh! Who you are! Do not throw us fire!" he demands.

The half-orc advances to Yasmin and casts vanish on her, making her to turn invisible so she can easily backstab the creature.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (7) + 9 = 16

damage: 4d6 + 7 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 3) + 7 = 18

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (12) + 9 = 21

damage: 4d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 1, 1, 1) + 7 = 12

Fire exploding Orell reacts with lightning speed seeing his friend hurt telling at the enemy as he blasts them with the crossbow.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

ROUND 1, FIGHT!
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 SHOOT HER!
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Vanish!
monster: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 SHOOT HIM!
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

With a quick touch, Yasmin vanishes from sight.

Orell brings the focus to him by shooting fast at the women.

The women responds in kind the flinging a bottle of fire at the gunshlinger.
attack, confirm, damage: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 221d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 234d6 + 4 ⇒ (1, 5, 2, 3) + 4 = 15 reflex save DC17 or i set you on fire!

To everybody, post when you can. Ill figure out what happens in a nice order.

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

reflex save: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23

damage: 4d6 + 7 ⇒ (2, 5, 3, 1) + 7 = 18

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11

damage: 4d6 + 7 ⇒ (5, 5, 3, 4) + 7 = 24

eat bolt you jerk!


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

Yasmin silently moves past the woman and tries to determine the best spot to strike her.

two move actions
Stealth, incl invis: 1d20 + 10 + 20 ⇒ (5) + 10 + 20 = 35

If she provokes:
Attack vs flatfooted: 1d20 + 11 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 11 + 2 = 22
Piercing Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 = 11
Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 2
Sneak attack: 1d6 ⇒ 1

Liberty's Edge

ROUND 1, FIGHT!
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 SHOOT HER!
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 Vanish!
monster: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 SHOOT HIM!
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9 not even going to try on that one
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

Yasmin sneaks as quiet as a whisper past the women.

ROUND 2, FIGHT!
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 SHOOT HER again!
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
monster: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16 SHOOT
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5

I fell buries another bolt in the women with another going wide.

post when you can


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

Rapier Attack vs flatfooted: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 9 + 2 = 31
Piercing Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 2 = 9
Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Sneak damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5

Short Sword attack vs flatfooted: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (17) + 9 + 2 = 28
Piercing Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 6 + 2 = 12
Cold damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4
Sneak damage: 1d6 ⇒ 4

Bite Attack vs flatfooted: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21
Piercing Damage: 1d6 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13
Sneak damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6

Confirm Rapier Attack vs flatfooted: 1d20 + 9 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 9 + 2 = 21
Piercing Damage: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 2 = 10
Additional Fire damage (Flaming Burst): 1d10 ⇒ 5

Yasmin has waited for the perfect opportunity, which has now arrived. With devastating precision she strikes the woman with rapier, short sword and even her teeth!


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Shriek sees his opportunity and moves up the stairs very fast while swinging his sword "You b~!!@ die!"
+2 longsword-PA: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (7) + 10 - 2 = 15
Cold iron/Slashing damage+PA: 1d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (1) + 6 + 4 = 11

"Why you throw fire at us?!"

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

As Shriek dashes up the stairs Orell attempts to lay down cover fire for his advance.

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (3) + 9 = 12

damage: 4d6 + 7 ⇒ (3, 4, 3, 5) + 7 = 22

attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

damage: 4d6 + 7 ⇒ (4, 6, 2, 6) + 7 = 25

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Witch 6 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 12 (FF: 10; Touch: 12) | Fort: +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +6 | CMB: +5 | CMD: 15 | Perception +11 Sense Motive +2

Finn hexes the woman.

DC 16 Will save
Fail? -2 AC for 7 rounds
Save? -2 AC for 1 round

Liberty's Edge

Under the combined assault of the group, the women hits the ground, dead. You stand in an empty quiet bell tower. As her body cools on the stairs, you search the corpse. As you search her, you find she has two potions, a chain shirt, a flail, a fancy cloak, and 92 go.

detect magic and spellcraft dc20:
potions of gaseous form (2)
+1 chain shirt
+ 1 flail
cloak of the bat

With her dead, you search the bell tower and find nothing. Which way would you like to go?

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

I could use the chain shirt +1 and a potion of gaseous form


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

Yasmin waits for the magic users to identify the stuff.

"I think there was a third floor at the western end that we did not explore, shall we go there?"

Liberty's Edge

You head back to the stairwell I'm f16 then head up the spiral staircase. Tall bookcases fill this impressive chamber. The elaborate fresco on the ceiling depicts devotees of Irori in meditation.
Wisps of incense wind through the scene like a fanciful ribbon of smoke. As you look around the room, you see nothing of value, but you find a secret door. Going through the secret door, you find a hallway that ends in a second room.The iron door to this chamber is covered in complex sigils and runes painted in delicate black lacquer-a message repeated over and over in several languages, including Common: "Beware! Dark Oblivion Lies Within'". You carefully open the door with the key from the Irori mummy. A drone, like the sound of a vast wind, fills this room, yet the air is cold and still. A fifteen-foot square of arcane symbols is inscribed on the floor. Two five-foot-square areas of similar writing sit to the northeast and southeast of the larger one. Above the larger square hovers what appears to be a vertical
hole in reality-a window that looks out into a night sky in which only a few tiny stars are visible. The window itself is fifteen feet square, running from the north and south points of the symbol below. It's suspended a foot off the ground, and comes with in three feet of the ceiling above. You remember the mummy's command to destroy the Dark Window...


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Shriek nods at Orell "Seems fair. I will take the cloak"

-------------------------

The half-orc examines the Dark Window with detect magic "Hmmm... this cannot be good. We destroy I say"

If none in the party finds a reason against, the half-orc in his now bat garments starts unleashing hell with his sword at everything in the room, starting at the runes in the magical squares.
Spellcraft+HR: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

Yasmin goes back a room and picks up a chair. She pushes the chair against the window "Where does it go?"

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

Orell will put on the chain shirt and then put the potion in his belt pouch setting aside the stuffed leather armor rolling it and placing it in his backpack and then follows the group into the chamber of the dark door.

Liberty's Edge

As you stair into the void, you see darkness move toward you. the shape solidifies and exits into your world! This six-eyed horror looks something like a dead tree with claws,tentacles, spidery legs, and a mouth bulging with tentacles.

Initiative:

monster: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21

Liberty's Edge

Round 1, FIGHT!
monster: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

The first thing the creature does is immediately cast darkness

Post your next action when you can!


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

Yasmin waits a bit Can someone turn on the lights? before she stabs at the place she last saw the monster

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 15
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10
Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 3
Concealment, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 48

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

Orell will delay and wait until he can see the creature before shooting.


HP 27/34 | AC 18 TAC 15 FF 13 | CMD 19 | F +7 R +9 W +5 (+2 vs divinations; reroll vs charm/compulsion) Resist cold 2 | Grit: 1/3 Bravado: 1/1 Oath: 1/1 Bullets: 34 Cartridge: 10 Flare: 10 | Ini +7 | Senses +9
Skills:
Acrobatics+9,Bluff+6,Climb+2,Diplom-1,HandleAnimal+3,Heal+8,Intimidate-1,K. eng+6,K.Local+6,Ling+3,S.Motives+9,SoH+8,Stealth+2,Survival+9,Swim+2
Male Human Gunslinger (Musket Master) 4 | -

Used to his den darkness, Shriek can see the creature and jumps himself on it wielding his longsword with all his strength!
+2 longsword-PA: 1d20 + 10 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 2 = 24
Cold iron/Slashing damage+PA: 1d8 + 6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 4 = 12

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Witch 6 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 12 (FF: 10; Touch: 12) | Fort: +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +6 | CMB: +5 | CMD: 15 | Perception +11 Sense Motive +2

Finn searches his memory for some bit of information about this creature...
Knowledge (arcana): 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (15) + 13 = 28
Knowledge (planes): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (2) + 10 = 12
Knowledge (religion): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Not able to see the creature, Finn casts guidance on Shriek.

Liberty's Edge

Round 1, Fight!
monster: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Darkness
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23 WAIT!
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21 flail in the darkness
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15 LEARN!
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14 Not Afraid!

Orell pulls out the howitzer and waits in the darkness for his shot...

Yasmin doesn't wait. She shoots in to kill, but misses wildly in the darkness. AC not concealment.

Finn thinks about the creature and cast guidance on Shriek?.
This is an aberration, but Ill give you planes. You know that this think is called a yengethe, a devourer of emotions! Beyond that you have not heard much in your travels.

Samuel does not care for the creature from the plane, and makes it known. He charges in and starts slashing! You hit the creature, but your blow doesn't hurt as much as you hoped!

Round 2, FIGHT!
monster: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Flail back!
Orell Destiny: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (19) + 4 = 23
Yasmin: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (16) + 5 = 21
Finn Lochlan: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 2 = 15
Samuel Soulkeeper: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14

Clearly on the defensive, the creature can not active its abilities being pressed against the tapestry it came from. It begins to swing wildly at the Orc and Women attacking it.

claw attack Yasmin, confirm, damage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 291d20 + 14 ⇒ (6) + 14 = 201d6 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8
claw attack Yasmin, confirm, damage: 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (13) + 14 = 271d20 + 14 ⇒ (17) + 14 = 311d6 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13

tentical attack against Samuel, confirm, damage: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (5) + 13 = 181d20 + 13 ⇒ (18) + 13 = 311d6 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7can cause a grab

tentical attack against Samuel, confirm, damage: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 221d20 + 13 ⇒ (16) + 13 = 291d6 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6can cause a grab
tentical attack against Samuel, confirm, damage: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 261d20 + 13 ⇒ (9) + 13 = 221d6 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5can cause a grab
tentical attack against Samuel, confirm, damage: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (20) + 13 = 331d20 + 13 ⇒ (7) + 13 = 201d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4can cause a grab

Resolve three grab attacks for Samuel
grab vs CMB: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22
grab vs CMB: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (18) + 20 = 38
grab vs CMB: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22

Liberty's Edge

Post when you can!

Scarab Sages

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

Seeing no one is shedding some light on the subject Orell will come out of delay before the next round and before the creatures attack and put the crossbow on his back drawing the two handed sword as part of his move action into hand to hand with this horrible thing.

Liberty's Edge

1 person marked this as a favorite.

Round 1!
Orell hops into the fray! This has never happened before!

Post when you can!


hp 26/46 + shaken | Ac 20 (FF17, T15) | Init +5 | F+6 R+9 W+3 (+2 vs enchantments) | P+11 (+3 vs traps) | Bite 5/5 | Flame 1/1 | Reroll 0/1 | Map

Yasmin tries to find the creature in the darkness

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Fire damage: 1d6 ⇒ 5
Concealment, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 35

Attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (2) + 9 = 11
Piercing damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Cold damage: 1d6 ⇒ 6
Concealment, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 75

Attack: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Slashing damage: 1d6 + 3 ⇒ (1) + 3 = 4
Concealment, high is good: 1d100 ⇒ 87

Grand Lodge

Male Sylph Witch 6 | HP: 44/44 | AC: 12 (FF: 10; Touch: 12) | Fort: +3, Ref +4, Will +5 | Init +6 | CMB: +5 | CMD: 15 | Perception +11 Sense Motive +2

"Blast, I can't see the bloody thing!"

Finn casts guidance on Yasmin.

I keep forgetting to tell you that I took Improved Initiative at 5th level, so my modifier should be +6. :)

Scarab Sages

Male Human Lv 5 Gunslinger (Bolt Ace)/ 2 Ranger init+7, perc 11,Current HP 41, AC 18, fort +7, ref +10, will +7, cmd 17(heroism +2 morale bonus saves attacks skill checks)

attack: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (7) + 6 = 13

damage: 2d6 + 1 ⇒ (1, 5) + 1 = 7

miss chance high you die!: 1d100 ⇒ 59

Orell steps into the dark hoping to provide targets and let his more experienced hand to hand fighters kill the thing.

1,351 to 1,400 of 1,551 << first < prev | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Ed's Dragon Demand Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.