Dead Suns AP by GM Cellion (Inactive)

Game Master GM Cellion

Maps on Google Slides
Handouts on Google Slides
Loot Table

Templates:
=== Initiative ===
[dice=Arcalinte]1d20+4[/dice]
[dice=Isu]1d20+6[/dice]
[dice=Spectre]1d20+8[/dice]
[dice=Ted]1d20+5[/dice]
[dice=Jelico]d20+3[/dice]
-----------------------
[dice=Enemy]1d20+[/dice]

=== Perception ===
[dice=Arc Perception]d20+17[/dice]
[dice=Isu Perception]d20+10[/dice]
[dice=Spec Perception]d20+13[/dice]
[dice=Ted Perception]d20+2[/dice]
[dice=Jelico Perception]d20+19[/dice]


4,801 to 4,850 of 6,943 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>
Wayfinders

Male Human Mystic 12 | 76/76 HP, 97/97 SP, 9/9 RP | Init +3 |Perception +25 | EAC 22, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +12 | Spells/Day Left: oo/6/5/2/3/0/0

Culture: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (16) + 11 = 27

Jellico stops at the top of the stairs to parse out the symbols on the large doors. "This warns of danger on the other side of the doors. They seem to be a caution for those seeking forbidden knowledge. I think this is where we want to go."


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

I'll hold off on going with Jelico's suggestion so that everyone else has a chance to chime in.

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 15 | SP 135/135 HP 109/109 RP 9/9 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +11; R +14; W +10 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +24

Culture: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 24

Arcalinte nods.

"Given what I've learned of the Kishaleen script, that's a pretty accurate assessment of what it says, Jelico. If we do go in, we should probably be prepared to fight again. Isu?"

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"This one is ready." Isu has put his sniper rifle across his back and is hoisting the new mega artillery laser gun.


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

I'll assume Arc is the one to approach, considering that Isu said he had a ranged weapon at the ready.

Arc comes up toward the first of the two doors, reaches down to the handle, and begins lifting. The moment the door rises even an inch off the ground, a wave of static electricity ripples through the air and suddenly the door flings itself the rest of the way open.

Inside the container you see the space is filled with all manner of arcane symbology and diagrams over the floor and walls. Two large elemental creatures, one a fiery humanoid and the other a mass of crackling wind, roar with primal fury. It seems by touching the doors, you've broken the magical seals holding them in!

INIT:
Arcalinte: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 = 16
Isu: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Spectre: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19
Ted: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7
Jelico: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (12) + 3 = 15
-----------------------
Enemy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9
The two elementals seem a little sluggish after their long captivity and most of the group is able to go first! The other door into the western container begins rumbling and shaking.

|||| INIT ||||
Spec
Jelico
Isu (42 dmg)
Arc (fatigued, 14 dmg)

Fire Elemental
Air Elemental
???
???
Ted

Bold are up!

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

Whoop--whoop--whoop-whoop-whoop--ttttt-ttttt-ttttt-ttttt-tttt-tttt-tttt-ttt t-ttttt!!!

"This one could get to enjoy that sound." says Isu as he warms up the aphelion artillery laser and he sprays the stream of lasers at the air elemental.

aphelion artillery laser: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 10 - 4 = 113d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 7, 5) + 8 = 23[/spoiler]

aphelion artillery laser: 1d20 + 10 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 10 - 4 = 223d8 + 8 ⇒ (3, 5, 8) + 8 = 24[/spoiler]

this uses 8 of the 16 charges remaining in it

Wayfinders

Male Human Mystic 12 | 76/76 HP, 97/97 SP, 9/9 RP | Init +3 |Perception +25 | EAC 22, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +12 | Spells/Day Left: oo/6/5/2/3/0/0

"Quickly again, my friends!" Jellico says as he moves into the midst of the team and casts Haste again.

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

Spectre doesn't need additional incentive to engage in combat. Raising his longarm, he locks onto the air creature and fires.

Streetsweeper Rifle (thunderstrike-class, sonic, ignore concealment) (weapon focus, combat tracking): 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (16) + 14 = 301d10 + 7 ⇒ (1) + 7 = 8

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 15 | SP 135/135 HP 109/109 RP 9/9 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +11; R +14; W +10 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +24

"Elementals! The ancient kish apparently were as versed in magic as they were technology!" Arcalinte exclaims as he strikes at the swirling storm before him!

Full Attack 1: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 10 - 1 = 172d8 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (4, 3) + 13 - 1 = 19
Full Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 - 1 = 292d8 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (7, 5) + 13 - 1 = 24

Graviton Mode: 1


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

GM Screen:
1d6 + 10 ⇒ (5) + 10 = 15
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (15) + 15 = 30 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11
1d6 ⇒ 3
One of Isu's shots scores a burning line across the back of the container, but the second pierces straight through the air elemental. Though the creature isn't entirely solid, the fiery beam seems effective. Jelico quickens the group as Spectre and Arc follow up with their own attacks. The sonic blast connects and rattles the air elemental, while it dodges one attack from Arc only to get fiercely cleaved through by the second (Sadly immune to crits).

The badly damaged windy menace discorporates into a transparent swirling gust! It engulfs Arc...

Arc Reflex: 1d20 + 5 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 5 - 1 = 5
Arc Fort: 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (1) + 6 - 1 = 6

The winds pick him off his feet and slam him against the floor, and then against the ceiling before trapping him within the swirling winds. He spins around and around within the tornado, flipping and tumbling in a nauseating fashion. (Arc takes 10 bludgeoning after DR, and is now trapped inside the whirlwind. This leaves you flatfooted, grappled and off-target. You can't take actions to leave the whirlwind unless you can fly. On your turn, make a Fort save DC13, if you succeed you can take other actions allowed while suffering from those conditions, if you fail you're too busy tumbling around to act.) It continues on into Jelico...

Jelico Reflex: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25
Jelico Fort: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20

Who endures the initial battering and manages to keep his footing as the winds threaten to have him join his solarian teammate.

(The air elemental doesn't provoke while moving in whirlwind form, but can be attacked as normal)

This sweeping whirl opens the way forward for the fire elemental. It rolls hungrily across the ground toward Isu, then swings forward with a burning limb. The limb connects, but Isu's incredible endurance and technological protections prevent any injury. (6 bludgeoning and 5 fire, all prevented) The fire however spreads out from him in a localized burst from the point of impact, singing Arc and Jelico. (Jelico takes 3 fire damage, Arc's resistance protects him)

To the west, two more elementals, one composed of churning earth and the other of icy water, manage to smash open the other door.

|||| INIT ||||
Ted
Spec
Jelico (3 dmg)
Isu (42 dmg)
Arc (fatigued, 24 dmg) (flatfooted, grappled, off-target, trapped in the whirlwind)

Fire Elemental
Air Elemental (51 dmg, whirlwind form)
Earth Elemental
Water Elemental

Bold are up!

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 12 Dataphiles | SP 84 HP 64 RP 10/11 | EAC 28 KAC 29 CMAC 37 CMD 29 CMB +9 | Kinetic DR 5/- | F+6 R+10 W+11 | Init+6 | Perc+3 | 1st 1/6 2nd 0/6 3rd 0/5 4th 0/4 Cache 0/1

"Don't vomit on me!" Ted shouts at the twirling party members.

It seems this adventure's goal is to give Arc every possible status effect

Ted grabs a battery, infuses his top in to it, and throws it at the new comers.

With it being a fire blast, will only target the earth and water elementals and not the fire elemental in the blast radius.

explosive blast fire damage: 9d6 ⇒ (5, 5, 1, 4, 6, 3, 3, 6, 6) = 39
save DC Ref 18 for half damage

Explosive Blast:

EXPLOSIVE BLAST T3
School evocation (fire)
Casting Time 1 standard action
Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Area 20-ft.-radius burst
Duration instantaneous
Saving Throw Reflex half; Spell Resistance yes

You magically transform a used battery into a powerful explosive device, propelling it in a straight Line to a grid intersection within range, at which point it detonates, dealing 9d6 fire damage to all creatures and objects in the area. If you send the battery through a narrow opening, you must make a ranged attack (usually against an Armor Class of 10 for a narrow opening or an Armor Class of 15 for an extremely narrow opening) to avoid hitting the side and detonating it prematurely.

Would Dispel Magic work on these elementals?

dispel magic:

DISPEL MAGIC M3 T3
School abjuration

Casting Time 1 standard action

Range medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)

Targets one creature, object, spell, or spellcaster

Duration instantaneous

Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no

You can use dispel magic to end one ongoing spell that has been cast on a creature or object, to temporarily suppress the magical abilities of a magic item, or to counter another spellcaster’s spell. A dispelled spell ends as if its duration had expired. Some spells, as detailed in their descriptions, can’t be defeated by dispel magic. Dispel magic can dispel (but not counter) spell-like abilities just as it does spells. The effect of a spell with an instantaneous duration can’t be dispelled.

You choose to use dispel magic in one of two ways: as a targeted dispel or as a counter.

Targeted Dispel: One creature, object, or spell is the target of the dispel magic spell. You can also use a targeted dispel to specifically end one spell affecting the target or one spell affecting an area (such as zone of truth). You must name the specific spell effect to be targeted in this way or otherwise uniquely identify it (such as “that burning wall” or “the spell that’s giving him those duplicates”). Attempt a dispel check (1d20 + your caster level) with a DC equal to 11 + the spell’s caster level. If you succeed, the spell ends. If you don’t specify a spell and there is more than one possible spell on the target, your targeted dispel attempts to dispel a spell at random.

If you target a force, an object, or a creature that is the effect of an ongoing spell (such as unseen servant), you attempt a dispel check to end the spell that conjured the object or creature.

If the object that you target is a magic item, you attempt a dispel check against the item level (DC = 11 + the item level). If you succeed, all the item’s magical properties are suppressed for 1d4 rounds, after which the item recovers its magical properties. A suppressed item becomes nonmagical for the duration of the effect. A magic item’s nonmagical physical properties are unchanged: a suppressed holy laser pistol is still a laser pistol. Artifacts and deities are unaffected by mortal magic such as this.

You can choose to automatically succeed at your dispel check against any spell you have cast.

Counter: You can use the energy of dispel magic to disrupt the casting of other spells. First, select an opponent and take the ready action to cast dispel magic when that target casts a spell. This is considered a purely defensive action. When that readied action is triggered, you cast dispel magic and must attempt a dispel check (1d20 + your caster level) to counter the other spellcaster’s spell. The DC is equal to 11 + the other spellcaster’s caster level. If the check is successful and the target is in range, the spell fails and has no result.

Wayfinders

Male Human Mystic 12 | 76/76 HP, 97/97 SP, 9/9 RP | Init +3 |Perception +25 | EAC 22, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +12 | Spells/Day Left: oo/6/5/2/3/0/0

Jellico tries to slip by and move out into the hallway. He turns around and casts Shooting Stars back at the wind creature, currently holding Arc.

Star 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4
Star 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

Wayfinders

Male Human Mystic 12 | 76/76 HP, 97/97 SP, 9/9 RP | Init +3 |Perception +25 | EAC 22, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +12 | Spells/Day Left: oo/6/5/2/3/0/0

Jellico tries to move past the wind elemental, stopping just outside the door. He turns and casts Shooting Stars back at the elemental holding Arc.

Star 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Star 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

Isu isn't sure his electric hammer should be used at a wind enemy, so he concentrates on the first elemental.

"PARAMAGNETIC!

paramagetic hammer: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 12 - 4 = 123d6 + 14 ⇒ (5, 6, 2) + 14 = 27

paramagetic hammer: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 12 - 4 = 143d6 + 14 ⇒ (1, 4, 3) + 14 = 22

hammer is electric and bludgeon. yuck rolls

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

"I suggest extricating yourself from that wind, Arcalinte," Spectre says unhelpfully as he fires at it.

Streetsweeper Rifle (thunderstrike-class, sonic, ignore concealment) (weapon focus, combat tracking): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 331d10 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17
Streetsweeper Rifle (thunderstrike-class, sonic, ignore concealment) (weapon focus, combat tracking): 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (6) + 10 = 161d10 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Dispel magic wouldn't disrupt the elementals since they're already formed. It might've worked on any summoning circles or glyphs, should you have spotted those prior to things being summoned. Not a possibility in this case.

GM Screen:
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (20) + 7 = 27
1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15
-
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (12) + 15 = 27 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (1) + 10 = 11 1d6 ⇒ 3
-
1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (6) + 11 = 17
-
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (5) + 14 = 19 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12
Ted's blast fills practically the entirety of the second container, engulfing both of the two new elementals. The earth elemental looks not too badly damaged as the smoke clears, but the water elemental looks like it got pretty badly vaporized.

Jelico and Spectre join forces and managed to dispatch the air elemental despite its discorporated state. The winds ebb and Arc is dumped unceremoniously to the floor.

Isu engages the fire elemental, but it proves able to deflect his blows with its fiery limbs. It in turn fights singlemindedly, attempting to slam into him again with its limbs. It lands another successful blow, but again Isu's rugged resistances keep it from injuring him. Its fiery splash damage catches Arc, but Arc's own resistance to fire protects him.

The earth elemental trundles up to Isu, raises both arms, and slams the down against the kasatha's armor. The blow is powerful, but the power armor holds! Meanwhile, the water elemental stays at a distance and fires a powerful jet of water across the battlefield at Spec. The intervening combatants provide enough cover that the attack doesn't even come close to striking.

Arc, feel free to take double turns.

|||| INIT ||||
Ted
Spec
Jelico (3 dmg)
Isu (42 dmg)
Arc (fatigued, prone, 24 dmg) x2

Fire Elemental
Earth Elemental (19 dmg)
Water Elemental (39 dmg)

Bold are up!

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 12 Dataphiles | SP 84 HP 64 RP 10/11 | EAC 28 KAC 29 CMAC 37 CMD 29 CMB +9 | Kinetic DR 5/- | F+6 R+10 W+11 | Init+6 | Perc+3 | 1st 1/6 2nd 0/6 3rd 0/5 4th 0/4 Cache 0/1

Ted levels his pistol on the water elemental and fires.

Laser Pistol, Corona: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (19) + 10 = 29
damage (fire): 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 2) + 4 = 10
mystic strike makes it a magic weapon

Wayfinders

Male Human Mystic 12 | 76/76 HP, 97/97 SP, 9/9 RP | Init +3 |Perception +25 | EAC 22, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +12 | Spells/Day Left: oo/6/5/2/3/0/0

Jellico holds his ground and casts Shooting Stars again, this time sending three bolts of stellar energy toward the fire elemental.

Shooting Star 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Shooting Star 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3
Shooting Star 3: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

"They are big, but not scary!"

Isu cleaves! [-2 to AC]

paramagetic hammer-- fire: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (16) + 12 = 283d6 + 14 ⇒ (6, 1, 1) + 14 = 22

paramagetic hammer-- earth: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (11) + 12 = 233d6 + 14 ⇒ (6, 5, 3) + 14 = 28

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

Spectre locks on to the fire elemental and begins firing. "Keep them away from me."

Streetsweeper Rifle (thunderstrike-class, sonic, ignore concealment) (weapon focus, combat tracking): 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 171d10 + 8 ⇒ (5) + 8 = 13

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 15 | SP 135/135 HP 109/109 RP 9/9 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +11; R +14; W +10 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +24

Arcalinte is caught up and buffeted around by the air elemental so thoroughly that it breaks his focus, until his friends dispatch it so efficiently that he barely has time to try and right himself. He makes an annoyed sound as he focuses and rises to his feet.

That's a move action. Does the Fire Elemental get an AoO?


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Arc, standing doesn't provoke. In Starfinder only 3 things provoke - moving out of a threatened square, firing a ranged weapon in a threatened square, and casting a spell in a threatened square. Also, not sure why you didn't take the rest of your actions, you have a bunch piled up.

GM Screen:
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14 1d6 ⇒ 6
1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 16 - 4 = 16 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (4) + 11 = 15
1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (10) + 16 - 4 = 22 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (1) + 11 = 12
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (9) + 14 = 23 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10
Ted scores a direct hit with his pistol, though its not enough to take out the water elemental permanently. Jelico's shooting stars prove effective against the fire elemental, beating it just slightly back as Isu delivers two powerful blows. The slightly insubstantial nature of the elemental protects it from some of the bludgeoning weight, but it still comes out of the assault badly damaged. Spectre's sonic blast misses by a hair, likely due to the energetic movements of his ally.

The fire elemental lands a burning blow against Arc, but the attack is ineffective in the face of Arc's grit and resistance. (1 fire damage after resistance and DR). The earth elemental attempts a furious barrage of blows, but Isu is able to fend them all off without difficulty. The water elemental changes targets and attempt to connect a shot with Isu, but the jet of water deflects off his armor.

Wow, elementals just can't breach that AC :<

|||| INIT ||||
Ted
Spec
Jelico (3 dmg)
Isu (42 dmg)
Arc (fatigued, 25 dmg) x2

Fire Elemental (48 dmg)
Earth Elemental (19 dmg)
Water Elemental (49 dmg)

Bold are up!

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

Spectre makes one more ill-aimed shot before his targeting adjusts, and his next shot at the fire elemental is accurate.

Streetsweeper Rifle (thunderstrike-class, sonic, ignore concealment) (weapon focus, combat tracking): 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 15 - 4 = 121d10 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18
Streetsweeper Rifle (thunderstrike-class, sonic, ignore concealment) (weapon focus, combat tracking): 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 15 - 4 = 241d10 + 8 ⇒ (10) + 8 = 18

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 12 Dataphiles | SP 84 HP 64 RP 10/11 | EAC 28 KAC 29 CMAC 37 CMD 29 CMB +9 | Kinetic DR 5/- | F+6 R+10 W+11 | Init+6 | Perc+3 | 1st 1/6 2nd 0/6 3rd 0/5 4th 0/4 Cache 0/1

Ted fires again at the water elemental.

Laser Pistol, Corona: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 19
damage (fire): 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 2) + 4 = 8
mystic strike makes it a magic weapon

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

my armor commitment makes me do less damage so I'm glad it is worth something!

Isu tries to give Arc a little breathing room by full attacking at the fire elemental.

paramagetic hammer: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 12 - 4 = 143d6 + 14 ⇒ (2, 4, 5) + 14 = 25

paramagetic hammer: 1d20 + 12 - 4 ⇒ (17) + 12 - 4 = 253d6 + 14 ⇒ (1, 4, 2) + 14 = 21


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

A shot from Spec and a burst of electric hammer impact from Isu is enough to take down the fire elemental. Unfortunately, Isu's bulky armor makes Ted's attack a little too tricky to execute, and the laser bolt skims over the water elemental.

|||| INIT ||||
Ted
Spec
Jelico (3 dmg)
Isu (42 dmg)
Arc (fatigued, 25 dmg) x2
Earth Elemental (19 dmg)
Water Elemental (49 dmg)

Wayfinders

Male Human Mystic 12 | 76/76 HP, 97/97 SP, 9/9 RP | Init +3 |Perception +25 | EAC 22, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +12 | Spells/Day Left: oo/6/5/2/3/0/0

I wrote up a post yesterday and even was able to preview it. I think the forum at it.

Jellico pulls out two of his pistols but can't get a good eye on either elemental. He squeezes next to Arc before trying to get off one shot at the earth elemental.

Corona Laser Pistol hit: 1d20 + 5 + 3 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 5 + 3 + 1 = 19
Corona Laser Pistol damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (3, 3) + 3 = 9

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 15 | SP 135/135 HP 109/109 RP 9/9 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +11; R +14; W +10 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +24

Seeing the fire elemental broken before his eyes by Isu's skill, Arcalinte nods to him before rising into the air and flying around the earth elemental's flank before touching down and attacking!

Arcalinte uses Defy Gravity to move to the current spot!

Entangling Wrack Devastation Blade: 1d20 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (11) + 13 - 1 = 232d8 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (7, 5) + 13 - 1 = 24

And presses the attack!

Full Attack 1: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 - 1 = 132d8 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (1, 4) + 13 - 1 = 17
Full Attack 2: 1d20 + 10 - 1 ⇒ (17) + 10 - 1 = 262d8 + 13 - 1 ⇒ (3, 1) + 13 - 1 = 16


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (13) + 16 - 4 = 25 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13
1d20 + 16 - 4 ⇒ (4) + 16 - 4 = 16 1d6 + 11 ⇒ (5) + 11 = 16
-
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
With a better firing angle, Jelico's laser bolt impacts the earth elemental's outstretched arms and melts a section of rock. Meanwhile, Arc cleaves huge chunks of elemental matter off the creature, missing once but landing two solid strikes. The hardy exterior of the earth elemental keeps it from being slashed to shreds, but only barely.

The earth elemental continues to batter Isu, but to no avail. The water elemental switches targets and send a jet of water into Arc, but he weathers the stream by turning aside to deflect it past him. Both remaining elementals look ragged and tattered.

|||| INIT ||||
Ted
Spec
Jelico (3 dmg)
Isu (42 dmg)
Arc (fatigued, 25 dmg)

Earth Elemental (58 dmg)
Water Elemental (49 dmg)

Wayfinders

Male Human Mystic 12 | 76/76 HP, 97/97 SP, 9/9 RP | Init +3 |Perception +25 | EAC 22, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +12 | Spells/Day Left: oo/6/5/2/3/0/0

Jellico again fires at the earth elemental, this time getting off two shots.

Corona Laser Pistol hit: 1d20 + 5 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 3 + 1 - 4 = 7
Corona Laser Pistol damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 2) + 3 = 6

Corona Laser Pistol hit: 1d20 + 5 + 3 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 3 + 1 - 4 = 12
Corona Laser Pistol damage: 2d4 + 3 ⇒ (1, 4) + 3 = 8

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

paramagetic hammer: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (12) + 12 = 243d6 + 14 ⇒ (6, 5, 2) + 14 = 27

Isu continues to hammer at the earth elemental.

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

Spectre continues to fire on the earth elemental, though its exterior is tough to penetrate.

Streetsweeper Rifle (thunderstrike-class, sonic, ignore concealment) (weapon focus, combat tracking): 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (6) + 15 - 4 = 171d10 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9

Streetsweeper Rifle (thunderstrike-class, sonic, ignore concealment) (weapon focus, combat tracking): 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (5) + 15 - 4 = 161d10 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Jelico melts portions of the wall behind the earth elemental, moments before Isu smashes straight through the destabilized earthen creature with his hammer. Its remains crumble to the ground and dissolve.

Spectre's volley of sonic pulses narrowly miss the final remaining elemental.

|||| INIT ||||
Ted

Spec
Jelico (3 dmg)
Isu (42 dmg)
Arc (fatigued, 25 dmg)
Water Elemental (49 dmg)

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 15 | SP 135/135 HP 109/109 RP 9/9 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +11; R +14; W +10 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +24

Arcalinte, now fully attuned, turns to the water elemental and makes a squeezing motion with his hand.

"This will secure it! Strike now!"

Arcalinte uses CRUSH! DC 16 Fortitude save, please!


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

GM Screen:
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23
1d20 + 14 ⇒ (15) + 14 = 29 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13
The water elemental shrugs off Arc's attempts to lock it in place with the power of gravity. It immediately retaliates with a powerful jet of water that strikes Arc clean in the gut. (Dealing 8 bludgeoning dmg after DR)

|||| INIT ||||
Ted x2
Spec
Jelico (3 dmg)
Isu (42 dmg)
Arc (fatigued, 33 dmg)

Water Elemental (49 dmg)

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 12 Dataphiles | SP 84 HP 64 RP 10/11 | EAC 28 KAC 29 CMAC 37 CMD 29 CMB +9 | Kinetic DR 5/- | F+6 R+10 W+11 | Init+6 | Perc+3 | 1st 1/6 2nd 0/6 3rd 0/5 4th 0/4 Cache 0/1

Ted moves to a more open firing position and lets loose against the elemental.

Laser Pistol, Corona: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28
damage (fire): 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (2, 1) + 4 = 7
mystic strike makes it a magic weapon

Laser Pistol, Corona: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26
damage (fire): 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (1, 4) + 4 = 9
mystic strike makes it a magic weapon

Wayfinders

Male Human Mystic 12 | 76/76 HP, 97/97 SP, 9/9 RP | Init +3 |Perception +25 | EAC 22, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +12 | Spells/Day Left: oo/6/5/2/3/0/0

Jellico moves across the small hallway to get line-of-sight on the remaining elemental. Again, he throws his hand forward and sends shooting stars streaming toward his target.

Shooting Star 1: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Shooting Star 2: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

Twin laser bolts boil off half the remaining water elemental, while two shooting stars blast what's left back into the wall. The impact causes its body to destabilize and it splashes down into a puddle before dissolving away.

Combat Over!

With the elementals dealt with, you're able to take a look into the massive containers to the south that they were trapped within. Much of the interior surfaces are blackened by flame, scoured by wind or worn away by water. However, enough remains that you can make out intricate lines and symbology across the walls, floor and ceiling. Those magically trained among you can recognize the scraps of what must have been ancient kish summoning inscriptions.

There are a few smaller storage crates inside the southern chambers, though much of what lies within them was ruined by the elemental rampage. One piece does appear to be intact - a visor of some kind that has been sized and designed for an ancient kish face.

Engineering DC20 to Identify:
This visor appears to function equivalently to a Pact Worlds x-ray visor. However, its been designed for a kishalee skull and ocular arrangement, so it would be awkward to use for those in your party.

If you don't have the kish creature subtype, you have to make a DC20 Fort save when you don the visor or get a splitting headache that lasts for a while.

If you spend an hour and a DC28 Engineering check adjusting the visor, you can remove this penalty.

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 12 Dataphiles | SP 84 HP 64 RP 10/11 | EAC 28 KAC 29 CMAC 37 CMD 29 CMB +9 | Kinetic DR 5/- | F+6 R+10 W+11 | Init+6 | Perc+3 | 1st 1/6 2nd 0/6 3rd 0/5 4th 0/4 Cache 0/1

engineering: 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (18) + 15 = 33

"We may be visiting the xray realm soon," Ted surmises as he plays with the visor.

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

"You have correctly identified the device," Spectre tells Ted.

"With an hour, I should be able to adjust it for non-Kish use," he says.

engineering: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 22

engineering: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 31For when we have an hour available.

I'd actually be interested in that item. Seems like a cool thing the droid could have.

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

you should take it. I feel like Spectre hasn't gotten anything in a long time

"This one should sit down. Those enemies were more bluster than threat, but this one is still feeling the last battle."

10 minute rest, spending RP to heal stamina. Cellion can you remind us of possible exits out of this room?


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

You came up the stairs from the east from the basement level.

While you're resting and inspecting the strange kish visor you recovered, you look around the room. The only exit from this storage area is to the west. It heads into what looks like a large office space.

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 15 | SP 135/135 HP 109/109 RP 9/9 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +11; R +14; W +10 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +24

Arcalinte nods to Isu.

"I agree. My concentration and reaction times have faltered of late, despite having recovered my spiritual balance."

He seats himself and meditates while Isu rests.

Spending an RP to recover stamina too.

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

Isu reaches out and casts another round of lesser remove condition, to ease the solarian's fatigue from his disease.

Wayfinders

Gender: Kasatha Solider 11 /Mystic 1 | SP:130/130 | HP:91/91 | RP 4/13 | EAC 26 KAC 33 | Kinetic DR11/- |White Forcefield: 15 temp, 4 fast healing| F +11 R +7 W +10 | Init +8 | Perc +18| Speed: 40| Race: Spells 3/3 | Healing Touch 2/2 | Artillery Laser Charges: 40/40 Classes/Levels: attack rolls:
Spoiler:
[dice=Xavra]d20+17; 4d8+19[/dice] [dice=artillery laser]d20+16; 3d8+12+2d4[/dice]
Buffs-Debuffs:

After the rest, Isu takes the front to enter the office space to the west.

Dataphiles

Droid Outlaw Mechanic 12 | SP 108/108 HP 76/76 RP 11/11 | EAC 28 KAC 30; | F +11; R +16; W +6 | Init +8 | Perc +16 | Conqueror (white star-class): +16 (3d12+12 E&F)

With no other takers on the item, Spectre will soon have x-ray vision!

While the others rest, Spectre begins tinkering with the item they found, modifying it to fit his own perfectly-shaped head.

I know I'll only get 10 minutes of the hour done, but I'll go ahead and start it. Engineering roll already made above.

Exo-Guardians

Male Half-Elf Solarian 15 | SP 135/135 HP 109/109 RP 9/9 | EAC 35(37) KAC 36(38); DR 5/- Resist Fire 20 | F +11; R +14; W +10 | Speed 25 ft. | Init +6 | Perc +24

Arcalinte rises and follows Isu, keeping an eye out for trouble as always.

Perception: 1d20 + 16 ⇒ (7) + 16 = 23


Seaweed Leshy Technomancer 1 / Game Master 3 | Maps: (RotRL Handouts) | (RotRL Maps) | (DoF Handouts) | (DoF Maps) | (DA Maps)

GM Screen:
Once you're rested, you continue on toward the west. (Map updated) Very soon after leaving the storage area, the hallway branches to the north and south in addition to continuing west. The north and south branches are lined with smaller doors, many of which are open to reveal what appear to be offices of some kind. Far to the north and south ends are larger doors with small crystal windows set into them. Considering the elevation you climbed up the stairs, you suspected that you were at least on the second floor. These windows confirm that as they look out into the back and front courtyards of the building. Its not exactly clear without coming closer to either of them what exactly they'll open out to, considering the elevation.

What gets Arc's attention the most is the continued passage to the west that opens to a large chamber that looks uncannily like the office of some Pact Worlds large-scale corp. Over a dozen standing desks fill this large chamber, separated by the walls of cubicles that rise up to 5 feet tall. Isu with his extra height can see that many of the ancient terminals at these desks have been heaped with dried flowers, decorative bundles of grass and other homemade trinkets. Though worn in many places, the tiled floor seems made of ruggedly beautiful crystal slabs.

Arc notes the quiet sound of some beast's breathing coming from that direction.

Dataphiles

Male Human Technomancer 12 Dataphiles | SP 84 HP 64 RP 10/11 | EAC 28 KAC 29 CMAC 37 CMD 29 CMB +9 | Kinetic DR 5/- | F+6 R+10 W+11 | Init+6 | Perc+3 | 1st 1/6 2nd 0/6 3rd 0/5 4th 0/4 Cache 0/1

Ted's top flits about, checking for traps, "Shouldn't there be some pizza menus somewhere in here?"

Detect Magic on the area.

Wayfinders

Male Human Mystic 12 | 76/76 HP, 97/97 SP, 9/9 RP | Init +3 |Perception +25 | EAC 22, KAC 23 | F +7, R +8, W +12 | Spells/Day Left: oo/6/5/2/3/0/0

"Flowers? Why would their terminals be decorated in such a way, unless in memorial or something of that sort?

Jellico wracks his brain for any similar practice that he might have heard about before.
Culture to remember anything about decorating in memorial: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (9) + 11 = 20

4,801 to 4,850 of 6,943 << first < prev | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100 | 101 | 102 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Dead Suns AP by GM SnowHeart All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.