GM Dak - Second Darkness

Game Master Dakcenturi

Chapter 1: Shadow in the Sky
Part 4: Under the Gold Goblin

Pics / Maps / Loot & Notes

Starting Day: Moonday, 1st of Calistril, 4709
Current Day: Toilday, 23nd of Calistril, 4709


651 to 700 of 1,449 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

After Sarai dispatches one of the thugs, she turns to the others.

"He couldn't keep up with my steps!" she says as she thrusts her rapier at the next one.

"But the music hasn't ended yet! Who's my next dance partner?" she quips after stepping back.

mwk rapier: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 5 + 2 = 121d6 ⇒ 6


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

+1 HP for Fast Healing 1

Thyra steps back beside Sarai and chants another prayer to Torag. "Strengthen me to withstand blows so that I may stand against my enemies."

She glances at the Tiefling and grins. "It is good to see you smile. It is a rare sight, and worth the effort." Bouncing the hammer in her hands, she adds, Let's make these idiots regret their life choices."

Move Action: 5-Foot Step

Standard Action: Cast Shield of Faith on self. +2 Deflection bonus to AC


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

I'm starting to get the feeling we definitely need a healer :P

Seeing everyone stepping back, Hedran does the same, casting a blob of acid at the wounded foe.

5' step back. Casting Acid Splash.

Acid Splash, ranged touch: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage if it hits: 1d3 ⇒ 1

AC is 20.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Seeing a chance Nessa began to cast another spell, this one with a quiet song and slow gestures. It wasn't unlike a lullaby sang for a child to lull them to sleep. She just hoped when she finished she could target this so it wouldn't hit her co-workers.
Cast sleep.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Thyra steps back and recieves another blessing from her god as her wounds continue to slowly heal. Nessa begins to intone an incantation preapring to unleash a spell while Sarai jabs at one of the new arrivals. Missing she steps back with the others. Hedran steps back as well and lobs some acid at the injured thug in the back. As before from Nessa, the acid burns the man, but he stays on his feet even though it looks like that may not be the case for long.

The heavily wounded thug makes a break for it and runs out one of the broken windows and into the streets. The last thug moves up to continue its attack on Hedran while the hooded men approach, one on Sarai and the other on Thyra while the third one tries to slink around the side to get to Nessa.

Attack-Hedran: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Attack-Thyra: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Attack-Sarai: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

While the two hooded men miss, the thug cuts into Hedran with his sword and nearly drops the half-orc to the ground. However, Hedran is so injured that almost any exertion will cause him to pass out.

Hedran is at 0 and disabled

Round 5
Nessa/Sarai/Hedran, Enemies, > Thyra
Round 5
Nessa/Sarai/Hedran,
Enemies, Thyra


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

No effect from the Sleep spell?

Hedran snarls in the face of his attacker, and swings - "Still alive!"

Morningstar: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Damage if it hits: 1d8 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

[ooc]+1 HP due to Fast Healing 1[/b]
Thyra steps into the hooded figure, shoulder leading as she swings her hammer towards the intruder's head. "Torag guide my hands and let my hammer strike true," she prays, redirecting her healing energy into attack.

Swift Action: Change Judgment to Justice (+1 to hit).

Standard Action: Attack Green

Hammer attack: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (10) + 4 = 14
Hammer damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 2) + 3 = 11


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

It is full round to cast it will go off at the start of her next turn. Also, Hedran doing a standard will cause you 1 HP damage and make you go unconcious just in case you weren't aware.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai, not feeling as confident as she had a moment before when she took down a thug, sends another elegant thrust at the enemy next to her, then steps back like a dancer.

mwk rapier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 141d6 ⇒ 1


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None
GM Dak wrote:
It is full round to cast it will go off at the start of her next turn. Also, Hedran doing a standard will cause you 1 HP damage and make you go unconcious just in case you weren't aware.

Yeah... I'm aware. Stuff'em!! :D


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

With her spell completed it released and the magic began to take hold on two of the thugs as the lullaby echoed in their ears.
Placing the spell so only Red and Green could be affected, will DC 15.
Nessa then turned her gaze on the flanking thug and smiled at him invitingly. "You know, you and I could have so much fun together, why don't you come and kiss me and all will be forgiven."

Delay until right after yellow's initiative.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Will-R: 1d20 ⇒ 20
Will-G: 1d20 ⇒ 12

Thyra tries to attack the green clad man but just barely misses as he dodges the blow. Nessa's spell goes off and the green hooded man passes out and hits the floor. The red clad man doesn't appear to be effected. Sarai attacks red but, like Thyra, just barely misses as he avoids the attack.

Hedran smacks the thug in front of him with a solid blow from his morningstar, but collapses to the ground, unconscious in the process. Thyra and Sarai both barely miss the hooded

The thug and the yellow hooded man move up to circle around Thyra and attack. While the red one continues to pursue Sarai.

B: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Y: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (12) + 2 = 14
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

R: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

The thug, frustrated in not having to put the half-orc down, puts that frustration into hitting Thyra with a solid blow. The two hooded figures misses as they lash out with their rapiers.

In the midst of all the fighting you hear a loud crashing noise coming from the direction of the kitchen.

Round 6
Nessa/Sarai/Hedran, Enemies, >Nessa/Thyra
Round 7
Sarai/Hedran,
Enemies, Nessa/Thyra


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

18 rounds left of Shield of Faith

Thyra steps out from between the rapier-wielding attackers, adjusting her energies back to healing her wounds, and focuses her attack on the yellow-hooded figure. "Ya shouldna done that!" she growls at him as a bit of dwarven brogue slips through.

Swift Action: Switch Judgement to Healing +1 HP for Fast Healing

Move Action: 5-foot movement

Standard Action: Hammer attack vs. Yellow

Hammer Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

Hammer Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (3, 2) + 3 = 8


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Realizing her ploy failed Nessa stepped forward and the slashed out with both of her sharp nailed hands and then lashed forward with her head as her jaw distended and fangs popped out and tried to bite the thug who ignored her.
claw 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 21d4 ⇒ 2
claw 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d4 ⇒ 2
bite w/pois (13): 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 91d4 ⇒ 4

Well that was a foolish choice of action...

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai slices at the thug in front of her one more time, but her aim is off as she backs into a corner next to Thyra.

"Fencing is much easier versus a single opponent," she says.

mwk rapier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 111d6 ⇒ 6


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Nessa moves up to attack the one hooded man with her claws and bite, but either misses completely or only hits armor. Thyra adjusts her position and attacks but misses as well. Sarai stabs at one of the men with her blade as well, but also misses and steps back to cover her flank with her other companions. Hedran lies on the ground unconcious. Need a stabilize check

While the one man continues to sleep the others advance. Two focus on Thyra while the third continues after Sarai.

Attack-Y: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
Attack-B: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15
Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

Attack-R: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6

Luckily, with the party protecting each others backs it leaves the men in poor positions and they can't score a blow either.

Round 7
Nessa/Sarai/Hedran, Enemies, >Nessa/Thyra
Round 8
Sarai/Hedran,
Enemies, Nessa/Thyra


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

+1 HP for Fast Healing 1. 17 rounds left of Shield of Faith

Thyra turns to the yellow-hooded intruder and attempts to take him out, leaving Nessa with room to cast her magic without hindrance. Hold on, Hedran. We'll reach you.

Standard Action: Hammer Attack vs. Yellow

Hammer Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (11) + 3 = 14
Bludgeoning Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 4) + 3 = 12


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Holding off to see if she kills yellow.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

She will miss


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

K.
Seeing thyra miss with her attack Nessa felt fury at the foolish thug. he needed to learn when to lay down and die! She lashed out with her claws and fangs at the fool once more.
claw 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 1 = 141d4 ⇒ 1
claw 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 101d4 ⇒ 1
bite w/poison: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (19) + 1 = 201d4 ⇒ 3


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Nessa attacks the hooded man again. This time she manages to bite him on the arm as he moves to block her incoming claws.

Fort DC13: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16

Thyra swings at the man as well but he manages to just barely avoid her hammer.

Still waiting on Sarai, I will roll the two stabilize checks if needed.


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

My Stabilize rolls? I am here, just not much to contribute at the moment - I'll roll:

Stabilize: 1d20 + 2 - 1 ⇒ (10) + 2 - 1 = 11

Stable!

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai continues her dance with the thug, but this time does something surprising.

Ducking under his blow, she rolls on her shoulder to get behind him, then quick as a cat, thrusts her rapier up from the ground.

"Your moves are tiring me!" she says. "Pick up the pace!"

Flanking with Thyra

acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (14) + 8 = 22
mwk rapier (flank, sneak attack): 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 181d6 ⇒ 21d6 ⇒ 3 If hit, add sneak attack for 5 dmg total


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Sarai deftly rolls behind the thug and comes up to stab him between the ribs with her blade. The man winces in pain and turns to give her a harsh look as he grabs at the recent injury. Hedran lays on the ground but it looks like his bleeding has stopped and he is still breathing.

The two hooded focus their attention on the ones who injured them, one on Sarai and the other on Nessa. The thug who took down Hedran continues to try and knock out Thyra.

Attack-Y: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Attack-R: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Attack-B: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Returning the favor after Nessa's bit the man slices into Nessa's thigh. The other two men both miss horribly.

Round 8
Nessa/Sarai/Hedran, Enemies, > Nessa/Thyra
Round 9
Sarai/Hedran,
Enemies, Nessa/Thyra

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

"Think I'm done with you? HARDLY!" Sarai says as she shoves her rapier into the man's gut with another elegant thrust.

mwk rapier, flank, sneak attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 5 + 2 = 261d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 2
CRIT?: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 5 + 2 = 161d6 ⇒ 3 If CRIT, 6 dmg total


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

+1 HP for Fast Healing 1. 17 rounds left of Shield of Faith

Thyra turns towards the blue-garbbed thug with her hammer, and smiles. Hope yer not too attached to yer teeth!

Standard Action: Hammer Attack vs. Blue

Hammer Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8

Bludgeoning Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (2, 6) + 3 = 11

This constant whiffing is getting old. Thinking Thyra needs to either make or have a MW weapon made for her. :p


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Nessa felt the sting of the dagger and knew she had far worse, granted that was usually when the First Sting was in a sadistic mood and under far more pleasurable circumstances, right now it just pissed her off. She lashed out in a frenzy of teeth and claws and yet again only her fangs found a mark.

bite w/pois: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 1 = 161d4 ⇒ 2
claw 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d4 ⇒ 3
claw 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 111d4 ⇒ 2


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

I know some people may like to look at spoilers just to see what is going on, but the spoilers for Cameron are in fact true spoilers, so if you do look you may see something that you didn't want to see. :)

Cameron:
Kwava and you have been sneaking into Riddleport after dark for months now, listening to conversations on the streets from hidden vantage points, trailing suspicious characters, and in general keeping an ear out for rumors of elf sightings. You've beared witness to the bizarre events that have been occurring recently and take special note of the strange blot that plagues the skies over Riddleport.

Feel free to read back at the events that have occurred to catch up. Let's say that you have been trailing the group since the new people arrived, but you would have experienced all the other bizare events that have occurred.

Recently, your investigations have begun to bear fruit, and you've come to suspect that Saul Vancaskerkin has allied with a mysterious benefactor. Yet you have no proof, and furthermore, with both of your limited experience with human societies Kwava fears any attempt to interact with the folk of Riddleport would give your hidden quarry plenty of time to escape.

During your observation of Saul, Kwava and you have of course become familiar with Nessa and her new companions Sarai, Thyra and Hedran. You are watching from a vantage point on a roof a few blocks from the Gold Goblin when a group of thugs approach and begin to attack the place. Kwava watches with interest and simply states "It appears Vancaskerkin has drawn the attentions of others as well..."

We will be in spoilers for a bit until it is time for you to meet/join the group.

Fort DC13: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13

Nessa bites the man again after the recent but from his dagger. Sarai makes another well placed stab with her rapier opening another wound on the one mans body. Thyra, however continues to struggle being boxed in on all sides and isn't able to hit thug who took down Hedran.

The one thug battling with Sarai, attacks her then steps to the side. The other two men continue on their own targets as the battle rages on.

Attack-R: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 2 = 7
Attack-Y: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 2 = 16
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
Attack-B: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

While two of the men miss, the one fighting Nessa strikes a solid blow nearly puncturing Nessa's lung, but only momentarily knocking the breath out of her.

Round 9
Nessa/Sarai/Hedran, Enemies, > Nessa/Thyra
Round 10
Sarai/Hedran,
Enemies, Nessa/Thyra


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Tht last stb hurt a lot and managed to snap Nessa out of her rage as she began to worry about her life. While she didn't want to leave Thyra open to attack she knew she had to back away if she wanted to survive. Stepping back from her assailant Nessa gestured and chanted then sent a missile of raw force slamming into her attacker.
Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

+1 HP for Fast Healing 1. 15 rounds left of Shield of Faith

Thyra grits her teeth and focuses on taking down her enemies

Standard Action: Hammer Attack vs. Blue

Hammer Attack: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

Bludgeoning Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (5, 3) + 3 = 11

Ahhhh... there's a satisfying roll. :)

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

The agile Sarai spins behind Thyra to get behind the thug to her north. Doing her best to avoid a blow, she flicks at his face with the tip of her rapier.

acrobatics: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (6) + 8 = 14 Moving 30' behind Thyra just gets me into position behind the thug. I'm not sure if that roll is good enough to avoid an AoO.
mwk rapier: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 221d6 ⇒ 1


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Thyra finally connects with the thug and drops him to the ground with the one blow. Sarai tries to get around the other man she had been fighting, but she isn't quiet nimble enough and she opens herself up to an attack from him.

AoO: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 2 = 11

Luckily he misses though and Sarai works her way to get behind the on man who stabbed Nessa, jabing her rapier into him in return.

Sneak Attack: 1d6 ⇒ 3

The one hooded man previously attacking Sarai turns his attention to Nessa after seeing her injuries and not wanting to let her easily cast any more spells. The other man turns to Nessa and tries to return the favor by cutting into her.

Attack-Nessa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Attack-Sarai: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3

While the one hooded man misses Sarai, the one on Nessa slices into her arm hoping to make it more difficult for her to cast spells moving forward.

Round 9
Sarai/Hedran, Enemies, > Nessa/Thyra
Round 10
Sarai/Hedran,
Enemies, Nessa/Thyra

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Thanks for remembering my sneak attack die! I had copied/pasted my wrong line.

Sarai smiles in mock serenity as she battles her hooded foe.

"Pardon my reach!" she says as she stabs him again.

mwk rapier (flank, sneak attack): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 = 201d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 5 If hit, 6 dmg total


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

+1 HP for Fast Healing 1. 14 rounds left of Shield of Faith

Thyra turns to the yellow-hooded thug with a grin. A small amount of his cohort's blood spattered on her cheek. With a bit of a growl, she says, "If ya can't stand the heat, get outta the forge."

Standard Action: Hammer Attack vs. Yellow

Hammer Attack w/ Flanking: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Bludgeoning Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (4, 1) + 3 = 8


M Wild half elf | Resource Tracker | Cleric 3 | HP 24 / 28 | AC 18; 12tch 16ff | +6 fort +4 ref +6* will | +4 init | Acrobatics +6 Heal +2 Kn: Religion +4 Perception +14 Sense Motive +6

With Kwava:
From their perch Cameron looked down upon the rabble. Vancaskerkin certainly had a flair for the dramatic, what with his ridiculous promotion, cheat the devil indeed! Allegedly he wasn't above employing beings from the lower planes, certainly his tastes ran to rather provocatively dressed tiefling servants. It was strange, in other parts of the world small children would run screaming but here in Riddle Port it seemed almost normal. No he decided, here is was normal.

He whispered to his friend in elvish is distaste distaste, "Scarnazi! Father warned me never to cross them. I can't decide if this Vancaskerkin is bold or stupid..." As the fight unfolded, Cameron surprised himself by willing the defenders on. He winced in silence when the one called Hedran was felled and glanced at Kwava questioningly. This wasn't their fight but maybe the distraction would give them an opening to snoop around...


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Cameron:
Kwava nods to your words watching the fight unfold. He notices your glances and simple shakes his head as he points out another group of thugs working their way around the backside of the building. "We will just have to wait and see who comes out on top of all this..."

Will wait a bit to bot Nessa to move us on.


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Crap, never got back on to get a next combat post up yesterday so I can't see the map as I'm at work.

Nessa felt the sting of another attack on her by the thugs and knew she was in trouble.
:If I can take a five foot and not provoke:
Nessa stepped back and chanted while she made the gestures for her last spell and sent a final missile lancing out at her attacker.
Magic Missile: 1d4 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2

If I can't fight five foot step and cast without provoking:
Knowing she was in a very bad place Nessa focused on doing the only thing she still could. Her claws and fangs flashed once again as she assaulted the man with a vengeance.
bite w/pois: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 211d4 ⇒ 2
claw 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 81d4 ⇒ 1
claw 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 101d4 ⇒ 3
confirm bite?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (9) + 1 = 101d4 ⇒ 4

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai had thus far been uninjured, and perhaps the exhilaration of her first major combat causes her to get cocky.

With her enemy flanked and her previous moves elegant, she somehow manages to trip on her own foot as she makes her next attack. She flails at him awkwardly.

"I just... I just need to catch my wind," she murmurs.

mwk rapier (flank, sneak attack): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 81d6 ⇒ 11d6 ⇒ 4


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Nessa, backed into a corner steps into the cashiers area to try and giver herself some more room, but knowing she can't get a spell off she lashes out at the man that just attacked her. While she misses with her claws she does get a bite on him.

Fort: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9

This time the poison in her fangs seems to take hold.

Thyra turns her attention to the one hooded man but misses with her hammer as she spins around to swing at him. Sarai, however, stabs him again with her rapier. The man looks severely injured between the bite marks and stab wounds but manages to stay on his feet.

The men strike back in turn.

Attack-Nessa: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 2 = 13
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2
Attack-Sarai: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 2 = 17
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 4

Both men land their strikes, sticking their rapiers into the two woman.

Round 9
Sarai/Hedran, Enemies, > Nessa/Thyra
Round 10
Sarai/Hedran,
Enemies, Nessa/Thyra

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Sarai tries to take her wound in stride.

"Pshaw! I know a lovely doctor who owes me a favor..." she retorts.

Having regained her balance, she lunges at the hooded man again.

mwk rapier (flank, sneak attack): 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 5 + 2 = 181d6 ⇒ 41d6 ⇒ 4 8 dmg total


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

+1 HP for Fast Healing 1. 13 rounds left of Shield of Faith

"Hey!" The young woman yells at the thug, "Don't ignore me!"

Standard Action: Hammer Attack vs. Yellow

Hammer Attack w/ Flanking: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (9) + 5 = 14

Bludgeoning Damage: 2d6 + 3 ⇒ (6, 5) + 3 = 14


M Wild half elf | Resource Tracker | Cleric 3 | HP 24 / 28 | AC 18; 12tch 16ff | +6 fort +4 ref +6* will | +4 init | Acrobatics +6 Heal +2 Kn: Religion +4 Perception +14 Sense Motive +6

With Kwava:
Kwava was right of course, with yet more thugs incoming it was far too dangerous to approach. Still Cameron didn't particularly like the thought of just hiding through the battle while those below where at the mercy of jackbooted thugs. Part of him wanted to come to their rescue, but then with a bitter he thought, 'Who am I kidding? I'm not their friend. Yes we've been watching so long it feels like we know them, but we really don't. Besides their choice of employer leaves much to be desired.' Cameron and Kwava where here for a higher purpose at the behest of the Shin’Rakorath. If Vancaskerkin was consorting with the renegade they would find out and then they would act.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Nessa with a little more room to breath, with with an open door at her back, steps back into the room and unleashes another spell. The ball of force slams into the man, but isn't enough to drop him to the ground. Thyra swings at the hooded man, but misses. Luckily, Sarai finishes him off with a swift stab from her rapier.

The last remaining thug steps up to try and finally put Nessa down.

Attack: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 2 = 10
Damage: 1d6 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

He misses his swing though as Nessa dodges behind the open door to avoid his blade.

Round 10
Sarai/Hedran, Enemies, > Nessa/Thyra
Round 11
Sarai/Hedran,
Enemies, Nessa/Thyra


female tiefling (pitborn) Sorcerer 3 | HP 23/23 | AC 13, TAC 12, FF 11 | CMB +1, CMD 13 | Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +3 | Init +2 | Perc +0 (darkvision 60 ft) | serpeant's fang (dc 13) (7/7) | Blood Intensity 1/1 Spells: lvl 1 3/6

Sorry bout not getting a post up but you got my action down pretty well. Don't forget the thug I bit and poisoned needs to try another fort save until he makes it taking a con damage each round for 6 rounds.

Nessa wasn't oing to well and she knew it. This bastard was persistent and he might just kill her. While most people would be afraid of imminent demise Nessa knew that she was fated for better things. She'd lived her life in the following of her goddess and she knew she had earned a place in the Mistress of her Soul's bower of delights. Still she couldn't just let herself go down with that and was determined to take the bastard down with her if she was going to die. Maybe a bit direct for a Calistrian's vengeance but quite fitting all the same. She called out to her companions, "I could use some help here," and then lashed out with one final flurry of fang and claws on the thug.
bite w/pois: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (12) + 1 = 131d4 ⇒ 2
claw 1: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (18) + 1 = 191d4 ⇒ 3
claw 2: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 211d4 ⇒ 3
confirm?: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 1 = 41d4 ⇒ 3
Oh, ouchie, this is gonna hurt him.


HR | MM | RotRL1 | RotRL2 | SD | SS1 | SS2 | WftC_1 | WftC_2 |

Nessa lashes out at the last remaining, conscious, hooded man and drops him to the ground between her slashes with her claws.

With no more immediate threats you remember not long back you had heard a loud sound coming from the kitchen.

Thyra and Sarai still up. Will stay in init for the time being. Remember you have one hooded guy sleeping.


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

Thyra takes a moment to make sure that the enemies are dispatched. She quickly makes her way to Hedran, pointing to the sleeping thug, Tie that one up. We need answers. I'll see to Hedran. Then we need to check the kitchens."

She quickly reaches Hedran and beseeches Torag to protect the half-orcs life from slipping to the land of the spiritual, mending his wounds as best as she can, for the moment.

CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 2 = 5


M Wild half elf | Resource Tracker | Cleric 3 | HP 24 / 28 | AC 18; 12tch 16ff | +6 fort +4 ref +6* will | +4 init | Acrobatics +6 Heal +2 Kn: Religion +4 Perception +14 Sense Motive +6

With Kwava:
As Nessa claws the man to death Cameron nudges Kwava and whispers in elvish, "Did you see that? Oof! Talk about sinking your claws in..." He turns back to look once more and surprised by what he saw he whispers, "Oh look they're taking prisoners!" He'd assumed they'd just slaughter the thugs where they lay, but when they didn't it forced him to reevaluate his assessment of them.


Male half-orc magus (hexcrafter) 2/ranger 1 || Init +2 || Perception +6 || Speed 30 ft. || AC 16 (currently 20/12/18), touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+4 armor, +2 Dex) || hp 26/26 || Fort +9, Ref +6, Will +5 || Effects: None

Hedran stands up abruptly with a snarl and searching for his weapon!

Looking around, he sees Thyra standing over him, and still feels the warm aftertouch of the healing spell - "Thank you" - he nods - "How is everyone? Did we win?"

Think I am at... 3hp.


LG | human Inquisitor of Torag 3 | HP 19/22 | AC 17 (19); TAC 12 (14); FFAC 15 (17) | Fort +5; Ref +3; Will +7 | Init: +9 | Perc: +9, SM: +10 (+8 vs. creatures that threaten, accuse or challenge you and haven't apologized) | Speed 30 ft | Active conditions: Shield of Faith (30 rds), Divine Favor (10 rds), Sickened (10 rds.); Judgement - Protection | Deflection Aura: 1/1 (3 rds); Judgement: 0/1 | Daily Spells: 1st - 2/4

Thyra offers a hand to Hedran and pulls the half-orc to his feet. "Aye, though it was a close thing. Nessa managed to subdue one, so we can get some answers, but we need to secure the grounds first." She emphasizes her point by cocking her head to the side, pointing towards the direct of the kitchen.

Dark Archive

Tiefling Rogue 1 / Wizard 2| HP 21/21 | AC 15; Tch 14; FF 11 | F +1; R +6; W +3 | CMB+1; CMD 15 | Speed 30 ft | Init +10 | mwk Shortbow: +6 (1d6) | Perc +10

Remembering all the sounds she had heard from the kitchen, Sarai leaves her companions to deal with the mess and runs toward the door.

"If you'll excuse me..."

double move

651 to 700 of 1,449 << first < prev | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Under a Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.