DM Eric's The Prophecy of Icarus Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master Eric Swanson


101 to 150 of 422 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>

Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

I will retreat back into the main room of the tomb for one last night and then head north in hopes of reaching a oasis or settlement.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

As I search for an oasis or signs of settlement/caravan I will stick to the elevated land that I can find keeping a look out for washes (places where flash floods are more likely to go)and avoiding them. I will also forage for food using survival as I go.

Survival(to forage for food while traveling at 1/2 speed overland while traveling) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (1) + 5 = 6 (DC10)

Survival (to avoid natural hazards, such as quicksand.) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (11) + 5 = 16(DC15)

Survival (to predict weather up to 24 hrs in advance +1 day per 5 points higher then DC) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 (DC15)

Knowledge(Geography) (to predict where a likely spot for an oasis would be) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (3) + 8 = 11

Knowledge(Nature) (just because) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10

Grand Lodge

You follow your way out of the hidden ravine where your cave is located amd make your way in a northeasternly direction to civilization, you hope. While you are able to avoid the patchs of rough ground and hidden patches of quicksand fairly easily, food is almost non existent. You do manage to find enough food to sustain you for the day, but little more. Signs of wildlife are also scarce, although you do not know why.

Your weather sense tells you there will be rain within 24 to 48 hours from now, probably in the morning, being in or near a wash would not be wise.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

If nothing eventful happens throughout the day then I will bed down for the night on one of the highest pieces of land that will still provide protection from wind/sight. Using my bedroll and winter blanket to provide protection from the chill night air. When I wake the next day I will reequip all my desert gear (sun lenses, filter mask, parasol, etc.) and continue on my way watching for food and trying to stay out of flood zones again still looking for signs of caravans/oasis.

Survival (for food) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (12) + 5 = 17

Survival (avoid hazards) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8

Survival (find tracks) 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

And of course I will cast Endure Elements on myself so I dont have to worry too much about the heat

Grand Lodge

You travel through the day, and your search for food is more fruitful, you find several desert cacti, that you harvest for much needed nutrients and water, and also are able to catch some desert mice, and a few scorpions. You eat well that evening, and are even able to cook the meat, a welcome change. Add 3 days of food to your food counter.

Your trail leads you to a dried out river bed, which you realize is a good sign, as you figure following it will lead to an oasis, eventually. As the sun’s rays disappear into the horizon, you do run across some tracks of a big creature. Knowledge, Nature check, please.

You look for a place to camp, and you are able to find an elevated ridge about 20” up from the bed, which should keep you safe from any floods (you hope).

Any other special precautions you want to take, before going to sleep?


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

Knowledge(nature) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (16) + 8 = 24

no special precautions, there really isn't much I could do since I don't know alarm or any similar spell and don't have a watch animal. I suppose I will just make my self as inaccessible as possible while keeping my weapons close at hand in case something wakes me during the night. Unless of course I know anything special about the tracks, then I may do something

Grand Lodge

You realize you have entered the hunting grounds of a giant scorpion, although currently there is no sign of it.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

HP counter 12

Well in THAT case... I really don't know what to do... would I be able to press on for part of the night in hopes of leaving its hunting grounds? or are the hunting grounds too big for that. I may just sleep here and hope that it misses me, as if that would happen... Perhaps I could hunt it down and take it out before it gets me, good for food and poison as well

Grand Lodge

You could press on if you want to, you would just have to deal with the endurance checks to avoid becoming fatigued. You think the hunting ground is pretty big, bue to its size, but since you are not familiar with the territory, hard to say for sure. As for hunting it down, the tracks are about a day old, but with your previous roll, you should have no problem tracking it down if you want to.

Let me know what you want to do.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

I will attempt to track it to see if it is in the immediate area, If it doesn't appear to be I will make camp, If it is I will hunt it down and eliminate the creature so I will not have to worry about it.

Survival 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15

Grand Lodge

Rolls:

Spoiler:

Chance scorpion is home1d100 ⇒ 62

hour 1 1d100 ⇒ 9
hour 2 1d100 ⇒ 39
hour 3 1d100 ⇒ 34
hour 4 1d100 ⇒ 40
hour 5 1d100 ⇒ 5
hour 6 1d100 ⇒ 45
hour 7 1d100 ⇒ 90
hour 8 1d100 ⇒ 49

You circle your campsite, but do not see any signs of the scorpion. After spending several hours fruitlessly searching, you finally give up.

Soon you go to sleep...

Perception check please (-10 for being asleep)


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

Perception 1d20 - 4 ⇒ (4) - 4 = 0(+6-10)

Ooooooh S%@*e :/

Grand Lodge

Solo adventuring can be a biotch, he he

…and are woken up by a chittering noise, as you have discovered the scorpion has found you. It strikes with a claw Claw 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (12) + 6 = 18 vs. FF AC 13 and doing 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6 damage, and attempts to grab you, 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21 vs your CMD 14

Normally the claw would have picked you up, and lifted you up to its waiting tail stinger, but you feel the presence of Abador suffuse your body and you slip out of the scorpions embrace. Your gods blessing has activated and you have Freedom of Movement in effect. BTW I am retconning this, you have a limited time you can draw on these blessings per week, instead of one and done.

As you fall to the ground, the creature pauses for a few seconds, wondering where its prey went. Then it turns to you again. Initiative 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (8) + 0 = 8

Initiative please.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

HP Counter 6, oh snap!

Well hopefully this isn't the end for me, thank god for improved initiative haha

Initatiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (20) + 6 = 26

I will scramble a 5ft step away (No Action) to prevent AoA before standing (Move Action)and then I will Fight Defensively (-4 to attack rolls +2 to AC as part of attack/standard action) this entire battle with the scorpion in hopes of not sustaining another hit. I will also ask for Set's Protection (Magic Vestments, Free Action, I am unsure of the bonus to AC that will give me. Its +1 to +5 depending on caster lv)

So after my first round I will be at AC 15(normal)+2(Fighting Defensively)+ ?(Magic Vestments)

For my attack against the scorpion I am casting Flare (DC 14 Fort save, Fail= -1 to attack for 1 min)

As you can see I really want to make sure it doesn't hit me again lol

Grand Lodge

I don't see any armor on your equipment list, are you still wearing armor?


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,
DM Eric wrote:
I don't see any armor on your equipment list, are you still wearing armor?

My clothing has 3 vials of Iron Thorn extract worked into it each vial adds +1 AC (up to +5 AC wears off after a week or once thoroughly washed) I did this before I left the room I awoke in.

Grand Lodge

Ok then your AC is currently 18, as the vestments give you +1 to AC.

Round 1

The scorpion Fort save 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (6) + 7 = 13 fails and it startled by the bright flash of light. It staggers for a moment, before moving in and taking another swipe at you Claw 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (8) + 6 - 1 = 13 and missing.

Round 2

It is your action now.

Perception DC 10 check please


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

Oh, and I realized I am up 2 more HP then I thought I was because I am second Lv now and I haven't been adding 2 HP per night the last two nights I slept

HP counter 8 (not much better lol)
Temp AC 18

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24

If my perception check does not change anything...

I will cast Magic Missle on the scorpion while Fighting Defensively and attempt to move back from it.

Magic Missile 1d4 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 2 = 3 (normal magic missile +1 for evocation specialist)

Grand Lodge

You notice one of the legs was hacked off on the creatures left side, which does seem to slow it down somewhat. Movement reduced to 30'

Your glowing missile strikes it and it rears back in pain. It stumbles towards you, as you keep moving away from it. You are able to find an outcropping of rock, which while not big enough to climb up, is enough to prevent the charges of the creature.

It strikes at you again, Attack Claw 1d20 + 6 - 1 ⇒ (13) + 6 - 1 = 18, damage 1d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10, and it savages you. You feel pain exploding and you feel darkness engulfing you...

...Then you wake up, and feel a sense of wetness around you. Staggering to your feet, you belatedly realize some time has passed, as it is now early morning and there is a driving rainstorm taking place around you. There is no sign of the scorpion, and then you realize you are no longer where you were fighting the scorpion. As a matter of fact, you are inside a cave of some kind, judging by the bumps and scrapes, you think the creature dragged you here to its lair.

You are currently at 1 hp, and are currently fatigued.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

Well, balls :/

HP counter 1

I suppose I will look around and see what is up, this should be good...

I have a readied action to attack with a "force missile" (evocation specialization) as soon as I see the scorpion, I will be fighting defensively as well.

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Grand Lodge

"Well, it seens the foolish one has decided to join the living once again"

You turn aound and see a strange humanoid creature, who has entered the mouth of the cave, carrying what looks like 2 large water containers balanced on its shoulders.

You prepare to unleash your magic on the creature, but a wave of dizziness overcomes you and you nearly stagger and fall.

He (she?) watches you with an amused look in its eyes, and then sets the containers down next to the entrance. "Yes, this one here travels alone, perhaps he is indeed chosen of the gods, as he has muttered in his delirium. Or just a fool, time will tell. the shifting sands reveal all."

She (you have now determined this is a female Bhuka, an ancient race existing here lomg before your Empire came to be) lays you down, and spoons some water to your mouth. As you greedily suck up the cool tasting liquid, she touches the wound where the scorpion nearly decapitated you.

"So, old Claw decided to have you for dinner. Fortunate for you, he lost his appetite. So, who are you?"

Gain 200 XP for surviving, he he


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

What language is the Bhuka speaking to me? Also did I see my gear anywhere when I glanced around the cave?

"I am Icarus Ras'Drexel, rightful ruler of the Sandshaper empire. It is not by choice that I travel alone but due to the treachery of my brothers who murdered me at my celebration feast. Since you appear to have saved me from a second untimely death you have my thanks, and you may request a boon from me, If I have the ability to fulfill it I will do what I can for you. I hope that I can continue to count you among friends once I reestablish my position in the Sandshaper empire and complete its rise to glory."

Grand Lodge

The bhuka is speakiing to you in Common, and your gear has been piled in a corner of the cave.

She looks at you for a few moments, staring into your eyes, and says nothing. For a while the silence stretches, then she speaks, "Hai, you speak what you perceive to be the truth, though the things you have declared would be considered unbelieveable. Still, you came from the old Empire Sands area. and your dress is of the ancient styles."

She hands you a gourd of water, and as you drink from it, she continues, "I am Takiboti, a wanderer of the lands here. You speak of betrayals, and of Empires. Indeed one is intertwined with the other, You say you would grant me a boon, I say to you this, the Sandshaper Empire has fallen, into the sands, as the Empires before it have done so. Soon the current Dynasty will fall into the sands as well. Such is the nature of Empires. I say to you this, what is the purpsoe of the Empire you would raise? Answer me from your heart and your boon shall be fulfilled."


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

I pause for a moment to contemplate what she has said, at first I think that she is just speaking in riddles and saying my brothers try for power has failed and someone else has taken the throne but then thinking about the decrepit condition of the tomb I was in I realize that what she says may very well be true...

"So the Sandshaper's have returned to the dust from whence we came, how fitting. I may very well be the last of my kind..."

after trailing off for a second I gather my thoughts and speak again to the Bhuka.

"The purpose of my Empire would be what the purpose of any empire is, to expand, to become wealthy, to share our arts and flaunt our knowledge. We will bring civilization to the frontiers, order to the wilds, and wealth to all who support the progression of law. We shall delve deep into the magics of the desert and learn more then my forefathers ever though possible."

my eyes shine as I am saying this, my breathing has quickened and my voice has raised. I pause and take a breath.

"The purpose of my empire will be for glory, to show all what the Sandshapers once were and for me still are. To leave my legacy stamped into the land in a way that even my forefathers could not. The purpose of my empire will be to show the world what one man can accomplish with nothing."

Grand Lodge

Takiboti looks at you for a long moment after your outburst and studies your face then she sits back down and takes a swig of water. She then asks quietly, ”Aye, but this is the purpose of all Empires, they are like living things, they must grow, or they die. There is an empire in place currently ruling Khemti, they are neither a great nor a terrible Empire, they simply are."

She gives you some time to digest her words, and then continues, ” Your road is a long one, but I see in your eyes you are prepared to make this journey. May I ask how you propose to raise your Empire, through force of arms, through betrayal, through arcane measures? What will be your price you will pay for such actions?”


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

"I am unsure, I was not prepared to be thrust into a situation where I had to build my empire from scratch. I was expecting all I had to do was take my vengeance on my brothers and step into the roll as favorite."

"I will have to gather loyal subjects (I was planning on taking leadership at 7th, of course this means I need to survive that long lol) and build a following. I will have to discover what this current empire stands for and whether I agree or disagree with their beliefs to decide if they shall be wiped from the earth or allied with. I will have to learn what happened to cause the Sandshaper empire to crumble and if there is anything of it left to use in my rise to power. I will have to make alliances and forge trade agreements find if there are any shandshaper people left. gather a power base..."

I break off then mumbling about things I need to do, then I turn back to Takiboti and say.

"All of this is assuming I make it out of this desert alive, find the nearest settlement and make my way to a trade center of some sort."

Grand Lodge

Takiboti looks at you again, and it seems gives a disappointed sigh. "Aye, well you are doing what you are born to do, it would seem." After another pause, she continues, "If you need me to guide you through the Tablelands, I can do so, but I will warn you, it will be a long journey, many leagues distant is the nearest oasis."


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

"What would you have me do dweller of the waste? What insight into raising an empire can you give me? If you are willing to be my guide I would welcome your companionship and expertise to exit the table lands. However, I believe that I will need to rest and heal for a time before I am fit to travel again."

Grand Lodge

”Aye, your travels are plain on your face, as are your wounds. We shall rest here until you are fully recovered.”

If you rest completely you will gain 6 hp per day of complete rest, which means it will take 3 days for you to completely recover.Let me know if you wish to do anything other than rest.

During your recovery time, she heads out to gather some food for the journey, including scorpion meat, and other dried fruits. She tells you they have started the rainy season, which places the season sometime in the autumn. The specific dates, she does not track, so you still do not know what year or month this is.

At the start of the 4th day since your encounter with the scorpion, you have completely recovered from your wounds, Full HP

Soon, she hands you supplies, for a weeks worth of food, and also 4 days of water. If you carry all of this food and water, your encumbrance level will be at heavy. She advises you to only carry the essentials with you. Tell me what equipment you will leave behind, if any.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

HP counter 19

Since it has been a week I need to reapply Ironthorn extract to my clothing to retain the +3 AC bonus so I will use my remaining 3 bottles lessening my load by 3 lbs.

Then I will go through my equipment and leave behind

Any remaining torches that I have (was 8lb)
20 Arrows 3lb
5 Daggers 5lb
masterwork Battle horn 10lb
masterwork studded leather armor 20lb
Rope Silk 50ft 5lb

I will also tell Takiboti that I have a replenishing water skin though it seems to be failing I probably wont need to carry so much water.

This will leave my weight without food/water at 39 lb

Grand Lodge

Takiboti looks at you like you have lost her mind, and says "It is not wise to skim on water, we will be traveling through lands where there is little water, it is not wise to depend on spells and magic too much, for if they fail, then what recourse have you?"


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

"very well I will listen to your expertise"

Grand Lodge

Rolls

Spoiler:

Day 1
1d100 ⇒ 61
1d100 ⇒ 99
1d100 ⇒ 6

Weather: 1d100 ⇒ 80

You and Takiboti set out early the next morning. Loaded up with food and water the going is slow. Soon the heat starts beating down on the both of you. The storm that passed through when you encountered the scorpion, has moved on and the weather is hot and windy. I assume you cast Endure Elements on yourself.

You travel through the day and nothing happens.

Feel free to RP with your guide, ask her any questions if you want to, otherwise we will advance this.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

My prepared spells have changed, they will remain as listed until we reach a settlement or I feel the need to change something.

I will be casting Endure Elements on myself at the beginning of each day before setting out, I will also have my Parasol up to protect from sunburn, sun lenses on to protect from light blindness, and a filter mask ready around my neck in case the wind starts kicking up sand.

I will save the water that I am carrying as much as possible, drinking mostly from my replenishing waterskin unless it is empty to allow it to refill.

Mostly I will ask Takiboti about the current order of things, or stories of how the Sandshaper empire fell if she already told me all that she knows then I will not talk much to keep from getting dehydrated.

"Takiboti, this "new" empire that you mentioned... What do you know about it? Is there anything that may prove useful to me that you have heard?"

Grand Lodge

Takiboti nods at your questions, but agrees "It would be wise to limit speech, as it would waste water. I can say while the current dynasty enjoys current prosperity, there are storm clouds on the horizon for them, and indeed for all of Khemti. The flames of war may soon engulf the Two Lands, once again. But is it not the way of Empires, to rise and fall like the sun travels in the heavens. My tribe does keep up with affairs and they will certainly be able to answer your questions. We will meet at the tribes meeting place in a few days."

Soon the sun starts its decline and soon evening will fall. Takiboti, says, "It is time for camp, what is your wish, Icarus? Do you wish to camp her or continue traveling on through the night?"


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

"We will camp for the night, I do not wish to be fatigued"

Grand Lodge

Takiboti nods, "Very well, then, we should set watches, which would you take first?"


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

"I will take second watch, wake me when it is my turn or if anything of note happens."

Grand Lodge

Roll

Spoiler:
1d8 ⇒ 8

Ok, you go to sleep...and are woken after several hours by Takiboti. It is a clear night, and you can see the stars out, a beautiful night. All is quiet until, just before the coming of the dawn, and then you hear the sound of something approaching your general area.

Perception check, please.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

I though I needed the perception check before I heard anything ;p

Perception 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Grand Lodge

That Perception check was not for hearing the...thing he he

You hear the sound growing louder and it sounds like a whirlwind of some kind, but you are not ure where it is coming from, though.

Knowledge, Nature check, if you please.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

Knowledge(Nature) 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17

Grand Lodge

You are pretty sure it is not a weather phenomena, in other words it is intelligent.

Initiative please.


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

Initiative 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 = 16

Grand Lodge

Initiative 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

As the pre dawn start to brighten the sky, your senses see a whirlwind weaving erratically acros the baked desert ground. The movent are quite erratic, at least until it gets within 3d6 ⇒ (6, 3, 3) = 12 120 feet of your camp.

Judging by its speed, you have about 2 rounds before it arrives at your camp. Assuming of course it doesn't move faster...

Actions, please.


Male Sky Elf Game Master lv 20

OMG WTF BBQ!

Er... I mean DOT! :D


Male Human Factotum Lvl 4; Hp15/28, Perception4 Int2, Fort2 Ref5 Will4, AC16 T12 F13,

After realizing that this small twister seems to not be of natural origin I quickly wake Takiboti

I will hold my action for the first round waiting for advice or warning, if Takiboti has nothing to say then I will ready an action the second round to see if it is planning to attack or just wants to investigate. If it seems it is going to attack I will use my readied action to attack it first, if it seems to just be investigating or passing by I will allow it to go about its business unmolested.

"Takiboti! Wake we appear to have a... visitor? I know only that it is not a natural weather phenomenon."

Grand Lodge

Takiboti awakens instantly at your touch, (you get the impression she is a light sleeper, a necessity if you travel in the deserts alone) and stands quickly. Looking at the approaching whirlwind, she studies it for a moment Knowledge, Nature 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21 and says, "We are fortunate indeed, I believe it to be a dust twister. They are not usually hostile to other travellers." She gives you a smile, "Unless you have janni blood in you."

The creature is still approaching you. Actions for the next round?

101 to 150 of 422 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Eric's The Prophecy of Icarus Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.