DMDM's Way of the Wicked, Part II: The Dark Tower

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Villains! You've committed acts of great and terrible evil. But now comes your greatest challenge yet. You must find and take control of the Dark Tower, and unleash horror upon the Kingdom of Talingarde.


301 to 350 of 1,219 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>

M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Nodding his head, Jax can't help but agree. "Yes, alchemists are a useful bunch. Zargo has his uses. I wonder about the other knots, what sort of work they are doing and where. There are nine of us, which is quite a few agents. I wonder..how many of them desire positions like Archbishop for themselves?"

Jax waves his hand at the question, smiling. "Not so important, I suppose. Oh, I'd heard one of your knot was working with Pilkington..I take it, that it was you? Any ideas on how that talent will prove useful here?"

As almost a side comment, Jax follows his last question with another along with some information. "We've tried to gather some intelligence on the Knot's operations here, in hopes to follow after it. Have you and the others found anything useful? I'm really hoping not to perish in unholy, or holy, flames or what have you. Despite the..disagreements some of our Knots have with one another, I'd hope that wouldn't lead to any such distaste being placed on all of us. I, for one, am much more interested in working together."


Cуровую зиму wrote:


Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
"Also, the Eighth has a fine up-and-coming young priest who has proven quite acute in financial matters. While others were training in the martial arts or magic, he took the opportunity to study for a few weeks under our Mr. Pilkington. Unusually thoughtful for such a young man! One can practice sword-strokes anywhere, but truly great accountants are hard to find."

That's Trik. Dude knows accounting. (Or maybe he just wanted to get close to Pilkington to... no, there's no reason anyone would get close to Pilkington. Unless you really wanted to learn accounting.)


Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:
The Judge will continue to research the woods to the south, and specifically he wants to get the names of people who claim to have seen any of the supposed monsters - the dragon, walking tree, the black squirrel, the half-tiger or the dark lady.

Dark Lord preserve and keep me, the Judge thinks to himself, walking through the streets in the cool dark of the evening, if I have to sit at one more filthy, sticky table in some low inn and listen to one more drunken dolt slur and babble his way through some stupid lie about giant cats or ancient Bryr curses, I will personally --

A low growl interrupts his reverie. A stray dog has caught his scent. Apparently it does not like what it smells, for it suddenly erupts into frantic, angry barking.

The Judge's lips curl back from his sharp white teeth... and then he glances up and down the street, to the left and to the right. No one else is abroad this late. The dog continues barking hysterically. Stiff-legged, it begins to sidle towards him. In a few moments it will lunge. The Judge closes his eyes, concentrates, murmurs some words, makes a sharp complex gesture with one hand. 1d3 ⇒ 3 Three of them appear from nowhere, simply condensing out of air around the dog. The animal has no chance to flee. They leap upon it, ripping and tearing. The dog's barks turn to yelps of terror, then shrieks of agony. Then there is a sudden spray of blood across the dark cobblestones. Silence falls abruptly.

The Judge runs his finger through one drop of blood, licks it, frowns and shakes his head. Still, his mood has been imperceptibly lightened. He dismisses his creatures with a wave of one hand and strolls onward through the night.


After several days, the Judge is thoroughly out of sorts; he has the skills for collecting rumors, but not really the personality type. That said, a few things do come across. (1) There are a LOT of stories about Old One-Eye. They vary in details, but apparently there really is a big cat or catlike creature out there. (2) There are a lot of stories about the Dark Lady, but they vary so much that it's impossible to sort fact from fiction... she's an elf, she's a snake-demon, she helps travellers in need, she eats people, you name it. It's possible that two or more creatures are being combined here, or one creature and two or more stories. (3) The closest thing to adventurers at the moment is a fellow named Halleck, a retired soldier who has been trying to get some friends together to investigate rumors of dragons in the Bryr. After all, where there are dragons...! Nobody seems to be paying much attention to him. Most of the town's potential adventurers left with the army.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge will search out Halleck and buy him a few drinks. Once the guy is a little giddy, the Judge will inquire as to where Halleck learned of this supposed dragon, where it is supposed to live in the Bryn, and what type of dragon it is, after all, one would not want to prepare for a fire breathing dragon only to discover that this on breathes ice. Anything else he should know about the Bryn will also be delved into.

I assume that there are enough stories about dragons that the basic types and the different breath weapons would be fairly common knowledge.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 15 - 4 ⇒ (16) + 15 - 4 = 27 <-- assuming that the -4 is applicable

DMDM:

The Judge will also inquire of various merchants about outlying farms in the area and what is raised there, swine, lambs, cattle, etc. This is more so that he will be able to sate his ever growing need to consume warm red liquid, should the desire grow too much.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

not going to try to fly to the woods since it is a two day travel and I can obly fly 6 minites

Ulp approaches Dren. Go find potion man. Tell him that you have supplier of potions. We provide, he sell. I sell to him 40 gold, he make 10 gold profit. I can put proceeds to a wand.

1d20 + 1 ⇒ (16) + 1 = 17 Ulp returns to the bar and plays his flute again. He receives a smattering of polite applause but he doesn't care one way or the other as he makes a few silver and though he would admit it to no one. Playing the flute makes him happy.

1d10 ⇒ 2 silver


The rules are annoyingly blurry on selling potions and other crafted items. The pretty clear intent, though, is that you take the feat in order to get those items at half price -- not to make a profit by crafting and selling them. I agree that this makes limited sense. But for now, no, no selling of potions. I might allow it if you can make some sort of deal with the established local potion shop, but that could take a while.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

ok. Going to go make an edit above


Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:
The Judge will search out Halleck and buy him a few drinks. Once the guy is a little giddy, the Judge will inquire as to where Halleck learned of this supposed dragon, where it is supposed to live in the Bryn, and what type of dragon it is, after all, one would not want to prepare for a fire breathing dragon only to discover that this on breathes ice. Anything else he should know about the Bryn will also be delved into.

Halleck Amon is a happy, cheerful guy. He retired early from the service thanks to a small inheritance, and he has no desire to go back -- he chafed at the hierarchy, the constant giving and taking of orders. They asked him to sign up again with the war and all but, pffft, they don't need him! A bunch of bugbears? Be serious.

No, but he's heard all sorts of stories about adventurers. He's bought stuff! Equipment! He has a bullseye lantern, a ten foot pole, and -- wait for it -- a tanglefoot bag! And some silk rope! With a grappling hook! He's been talking to people. He knows some people who aren't afraid of the Bryr. Real soon now, he's going to get a group together. An adventuring group.

Dragons? Well, honestly, who knows for sure about the dragons. But there must be something in the Bryr!


Jax Naismith wrote:
"We've tried to gather some intelligence on the Knot's operations here, in hopes to follow after it. Have you and the others found anything useful? I'm really hoping not to perish in unholy, or holy, flames or what have you. Despite the..disagreements some of our Knots have with one another, I'd hope that wouldn't lead to any such distaste being placed on all of us. I, for one, am much more interested in working together."

"I couldn't agree more! I don't really care to be drawn into some insane death feud that Elise feels compelled to brew up just because her ancestors adopted 'sack full of rabid weasels' as the working model for their familial relations."


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
"I couldn't agree more! I don't really care to be drawn into some insane death feud that Elise feels compelled to brew up just because her ancestors adopted 'sack full of rabid weasels' as the working model for their familial relations."

STOP! Your making insanely homesick.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

At long last it is time to move on. Ulp is actually quite sad at having to leave the pub where he has spent almost an entire week playing his flute at night. The crowd was always appreciative and on his last night a few folks commented that he was quite talented and that perhaps he could play for the lord of the town at some time. that nat 20

The day they are ready to move out, Ulp checks all of his gear, and brews a Dex boosting mutagen along with a selection of battle ready extracts. He keeps his two crow poison darts close at hand along with his blowgun and carries his bow.

He stands waiting for the others to be ready to move and as he does he chews on the wine taffy that he had made. He of course thought it was delicious...the others? Not so much.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Jax is fine tying things up and saying we move on to the next scene. As Judge asked, we will stay in town 10 days.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge continues to gather as much information as possible. However, his attitude continues to get worse and worse working during the day, so he switches to night, which does not help him much and just means that the people he meets are less and less interesting.

Useless sun god worshippers. He imagines that even their blood would taste presumptuous.


Okay then:

You are standing at the edge of the Caer Bryr. Behind you is scrubland used for herding sheep and cattle; ahead of you is the forest. The dividing line is quite sharp.

The trees here are tall and broad. A type of thick-trunked baobab tree, is common here and grows to enormous size. It is not uncommon to see trees hundreds of feet tall with trunks twenty feet across. To walk into the deep Bryr is to enter the domain of giants. Every flat surface is covered with brilliant green moss and lichens in every hue. Mushrooms of a million sorts proliferate and crowd every fallen log. Small animal life is dense -- squirrels, voles, mice and white-faced ghost monkeys. Birds dwell here in endless variety and dazzling panoramas of plumage are everywhere on display.

It seems a bountiful place, rich and thriving with nature’s splendor. And yet...


Put down your ready spells. Any special preparations before entering? Party marching order?


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

I'm first.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

My spell ist is updated. I imagine Ulp would be skulking in the middle of the pack and just off to the side

1d20 + 18 ⇒ (19) + 18 = 37 stealth if that's not possible no biggy


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Jax would be off to the side as well, trying to move between shadows sneakily. He'd be in front of Ulp, but just behind Edmin.1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
He knows some people who aren't afraid of the Bryr. Real soon now, he's going to get a group together. An adventuring group.

We can 'hire' this guy for extra muscle. Or as a snack for the Judge.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

On the day of departure, do you guys want Cуровую to prepare Mount, Communal for the group?

If we are walking, Cуровую will be behind Edmin with Jax somewhat to her right and Elise the zombie to her left.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

We can walk, its not worth spending a spell slot for us to save a few hours.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Its also a style thing.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Cуровую will look for a Rod of Elemental Spell because Jax's Wizard can not make 1.

1d100 ⇒ 6

edit Sweet


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge will be in the middle. He is not much of a melee force these days (unless you are recently dead).

Morsum will be up front, likely right behind Edmin. He also now has a beautiful set of wings (in that dark undeadish bat like version of beauty).


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Is Morsum able to Fly at will? Because if he can, and with his high stealth then he could go forward of us and communicate through the Judge.


Cуровую зиму wrote:
Is Morsum able to Fly at will? Because if he can, and with his high stealth then he could go forward of us and communicate through the Judge.

He could. However, he can only go 100 feet away before he starts losing hp.


Its a beautiful morning for a walk in the woods! It's late spring, and the forest is full of blooming, buzzing, scampering life. Everything is green and growing, and an occasional brief shower is refreshing rather than chilling.

The trail peters out after the first hour. Please make a Survival check, or be lost.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

I was just about to ask if Cуровую could make a Knowledge Nature or Survival check to see if we could find anything useful for Ulp to develop.

Survival 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (14) + 11 = 25

Knowledge Nature or Survival to look for things Ulp can make into more useful things 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27 or +11


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Morsum should definitely be ahead of us scouting so we don't walk into anything. Once we get about two hours into the Bryr Dren will activate his first hour of Shadow Armor.
What do you guys think about moving in stealth once we get to this point? You know there are going to be things out here, might as well not make a huge racquet getting close to them. We could have Morsum about 20 feet up and 50' ahead?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

If Judge was alright with it I was thinking like 80' ahead or whatever a full double move away was.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

He also has the spell Unfetter which lasts for a long time at this level and removes that limitation, I believe. Its only a lv 1 spell, so a bit of a throwaway at this point.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

I do not have Unfetter, although I am likely to get it next level. Morsum needs to stay fairly close unfortunately unless we want him at 1/2 hp.

Morusm will frequently fly up and peer over the trees to get a general view of the area and see if any landmarks are visible.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Survival: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

Ulp will point things out on occasion to help keep us on track. 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 to assist


[roll roll roll]

A couple of hours into the forest, several wild boar suddenly flush into view, running across your trail just a few yards ahead of you. One big male suddenly catches your scent and whirls, squealing an alarm. He glares at you with his little piggy eyes, grunting threateningly.

Attack, back off, ignore, other?


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

Dinner! Attack Champion?

Ulp is ready to attack, but will wait for the established members to decide


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

While the smell of crisp bacon is to die for in the real world, I don't think Cуровую eats pork. I'll let the others decide. I do think we should not attack everything in sight.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge raises his hand:
Prepare to receive a charge, but we should not attack. This is not our mission, and other than a meal, we will get little from this fight other than injuries and reduced supplies.

Morsum takes to the air, ready to drop from behind to provide flanking or attack from above with this long reach.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Dren readies to try and take over the creatures mind to confuse it if needed but otherwise has little interest in the pig.
This may even be a test as to our purpose in the area. If there is a being that protects the area we should disturb the area or the creatures in it as little as possible.


[roll roll]

The pigs snort and then scurry off.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

ulp...

would have tasted good. Maybe we set trap for later?


Another couple of hours pass. Squirrels chatter and scold you, and crows caw warnings, but otherwise your walk is uneventful.

At one point Zimu stops to stare at a patch of ground by the side of your trail. "Struggle..." she murmurs, and kneels for a closer look. Then, "Snake. Constrictor, pretty big one, ten feet at least. Got something furry, a big woodchuck maybe." She shrugs and you march on.


The shadows begin to grow long. The birds' call grow fainter as twilight creeps in on the Caer Bryr. You are still several hours away from the location marked on the map.

(A) Okay, camp time. Let's set watches.

(B) Most of us can see in the dark just fine, and one night won't fatigue us. Let's keep going.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

"I vote we keep moving. This forest is creepy..I don't like giant snakes. Heck, we can put Edmin far ahead with the light and the rest of us can sneak around the outskirts!"


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Although the Judge prefers the dark, he knows that some - stare at Edmin - cannot see in the dark that well and the thick forest canopy sufficiently blocks the sun during the day eliminating most of the annoying sun.

My vote is rest. I would have cast Mage Armor on Morsum, and imagine that Cy had cast MA on herself. We do not know what we are going to find, so making sure that we are awake is preferable. Also, fatigue is never your friend.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

Scared of the dark? Stop and rest. Tower will be there in the morning and we all should be at our best.

Ulp offers to take the first watch in the darkness


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Better to rest now and be ready for what comes nearer to our destination. The treasures awaiting there will not go anywhere for a night of rest.

Dren suggested before we left that morning that natures spies could be near watching us and we should be guarded in what we say while we are out in the open. We should pretend to be just adventurers until further notice.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

"Alright. Well if we are to rest.." He looks at Cimu. "There is a spell some know that creates an extradimensional space for a period of time. Do you know it?"
Do we have rope trick? :D


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Jax Naismith wrote:
" Heck, we can put Edmin far ahead with the light and the rest of us can sneak around the outskirts!"

That mental image made me laugh. 'Guys? Guys? Why do I have to hold this torch up high and are you sure these red circles of protection you put on my chest will keep me safe? They kind of look like a bulls eye now come to think of it.'

301 to 350 of 1,219 << first < prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMDM's Way of the Wicked, Part II: The Dark Tower Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.