DMDM's Way of the Wicked, Part II: The Dark Tower

Game Master Douglas Muir 406

Villains! You've committed acts of great and terrible evil. But now comes your greatest challenge yet. You must find and take control of the Dark Tower, and unleash horror upon the Kingdom of Talingarde.


351 to 400 of 1,219 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>

Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Jax Naismith wrote:
Do we have rope trick? :D

Remind me to purchase it when we go back to Farholde.

Cуровую will cast Alarm before the group begins to set up camp.

Where should we place it?

Alarm

Spoiler:

Range close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Area 20-ft.-radius emanation centered on a point in space
Duration 2 hours/level (D)
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no

DESCRIPTION

Alarm creates a subtle ward on an area you select. Once the spell effect is in place, it thereafter sounds a mental or audible alarm each time a creature of Tiny or larger size enters the warded area or touches it. A creature that speaks the password (determined by you at the time of casting) does not set off the alarm. You decide at the time of casting whether the alarm will be mental or audible in nature.

Mental Alarm: A mental alarm alerts you (and only you) so long as you remain within 1 mile of the warded area. You note a single mental "ping" that awakens you from normal sleep but does not otherwise disturb concentration. A silence spell has no effect on a mental alarm.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Center it on the fire and we will be around it. 2 person watches, at least 1 person who has darkvision per group.


2 person watches -- another benefit of a large group. Well then: [roll roll]

First watch: the sun sets, the others fall asleep. The forest comes alive with night sounds -- insects, the occasional fluttering of a bat. It's quiet and peaceful. Until something ROARS in the distance. And then roars again, and again in rapid succession. There's a sudden squealing shriek.

And then silence. After a while, the crickets start up again.


Second watch -- that's Jax and the Judge, as it turns out. (Morsum could substitute for the Judge, but the Judge doesn't sleep well at night these days anyway.)

You see a light in the distance! It's hard to say just how far away. A hundred yards, perhaps? It's moving slowly from east to west, not coming directly towards your camp. It looks like a small lamp, or perhaps a candle. It bobs as if being carried by someone, but it's too far to see if anyone is, in fact, carrying it. It could also perhaps be a luminescent night insect, but it would be an awfully huge one...

Over a minute or so it comes closer to the camp, then begins to move away, seemingly ignoring you. Again, distance is hard to tell, but it might perhaps be fifty yards away at closest approach.

A) Stalk it -- use Stealth and try to get closer to investigate.
B) Wake the others.
C) Call to it.
D) Ignore it.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

When his watch comes, the Judge will summon Morsum so that there are 3 sets of eyes. He will summon Morsum outside of the Alarm circle and Morsum will fly to a nearby tree to watch from a good perspective.

When the Judge sees the light, he instructs Morsum to move to investigate, but to not go farther than 100'.

Let me know if he is able to see any more than us from where he is.


Nope. Moving stealthily (half speed) it's going to take him a while to catch the light. He might catch up with it eventually, but not until he was much more than 100' from your camp.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Then he will stay and watch it to see if it comes back.


It doesn't. It bobs away through the trees, and in a minute or so it's completely gone, swallowed up by the dark forest.


Third watch: nothing more to report than a faint foul smell on the predawn breeze, suggesting that somewhere nearby a skunk has been very upset. And then the birds are starting to sing, and the sky is getting pale, and it's morning. A rather damp foggy morning, but morning for sure.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge squints as the pale morning air begins to lighten, he got a smidgen of sleep, enough to refresh him, but night is not the time when reasonable people sleep.

Can't be soon enough that we get out of this accursed sunlight. Perhaps the Dark Lord will bless us with a permanent solar eclipse.


Vitals:
LD14, Cav 1 INIT:+4, AC:34 (39)/FF:33/T:16, HP:283/216, F:+24 R:+14 W:+17, P: 10
Skills:
Bluff+8,Climb+12,Dip+8,Disg+8,Han An+9,Intim+30,Kn(Nobil)+18,Kn(relig)+8,Perc+10,Ride+10,Spellc+4,Surv+6,Stea lth+8

Edmin seems strangly happy as he wakes from his rest and straps on his plate armor. "Speak for yourself, I prefer the sunlight.

The knight looks up to the sky and grins at the others. "I hope the weather holds, I always hated marching in the rain."


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

Ulp scowls as the sun goes up, when the sunlight becomes "bright" he pulls out a pair of smoked goggles and puts them on.

Aklo:
Stupid sun. We would do better blotting it out of the sky.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

"At least we didn't get ransacked by giant black squirrels in the night! Onward to release..plague and untold evils on the world." Jax smiles and claps Edmin on the back.

"I may be able to see in the dark, but I prefer the light as well. At least for some things."


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Draconic

Spoiler:
'Why do you not speak the First/Ancient/Honored/Ture Wyrm Tongue my little sad friend?'


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

Draconic:
Because I am descended from the great Loralis. The blood of her greatness races through my veins.
Ulp replies matter of factly.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Draconic

Spoiler:
And this great 'Loralis' spoke Aklo instead of the First/Ancient/Honored/Ture Wyrm Tongue?


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'
Edmin Al'Roth wrote:

Edmin seems strangly happy as he wakes from his rest and straps on his plate armor. "Speak for yourself, I prefer the sunlight.

The knight looks up to the sky and grins at the others. "I hope the weather holds, I always hated marching in the rain."

Edmin, your inability to see in the dark is a weakness to the group. I shall see what I can do to correct it in the future.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

Glancing at Dren, the tiefling shakes his head. "When you say it like that, Dren, it sounds like more of a threat than anything. Just don't go letting Ulp experiment on him."


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

He is the leader of our group, it is not a threat just a statement of fact. I am trying to figure out how to grant him some of my dark powers to overcome that weakness.
And why would I let Ulp experiment on him? Sometime Jax I wonder how you you made it through Wizards school...


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

It's rather obvious.

'He cheated. And falsified his paperwork.'

Also. Style gets you long way. And. Slept with his teachers.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

True, he is an excellent forger... the banter finally gets a little bit of a grin from Dren.

Lets go find this tower and take control of this Daemon.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

draconic:
Aklo is more satisfying to complain in. I would not soil the true tongue with my complaints.
ulp says to zimu w a toothy grin

---------

Are you imply that my speriments be bad? I not that fool Zargo!. ulp... Ulp spits as he says Zargo and sparks flash behind his eyes and his wings buffet up some wind


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to Tower of Abaddon

- - - -

Cуровую casts Message throughout the party.

She speaks to the group, Edmin in particular.

'Let us whisper in case we are being scryied.'

'For now 'Sedition' is Elise, and 'Hubris' is the Baron.'

'We will come into conflict with Sedition, that can not be helped. Perhaps later but I will wager sooner she will begin to act against me, then the rest of you. Who better than Hubris to keep her in check while we are away from Farhlode.'

'He has the resources and is paranoid enough to do so. We just need to make it appear that doing so is in his best interest.'

'I know that's what Sedition would do.'

Cуровую pauses to hear from the group.

Heading to work more later.


female
Ulp wrote:
spits as he says Zargo and sparks flash behind his eyes and his wings buffet up some wind

It would be cool if Ulp's spit makes a little electric discharge as it hits the ground.


M Tiefling Magus/Rogue;
Statistics:
HP 169/169; AC:37/21/29; Saves: +22/+23/+20; Init +10; Per +28(See Invisibility), CMD 42
Misc:
Effects: Resist Cold 30, Fly 30', Telepathic Bond

"We heard you were his apprentice. What ever did happen between the two of you, Ulp?" Jax takes the high road and blatantly ignores Dren and Cymu.

Meanwhile in Farholde:

[b]"Ordering me about like a bloody servant.." Zoren locks the door to the shop behind him and drinks from a bottle of wine. Wiping his mouth, he walks to the counter and drops the case onto it.

"Ugh..wonder what's even in here. I hope its not another request for me to make something. I'm spending the next three days intoxicated and in someone else's bed.."

Unclasping the cheap metal, the cranky wizard throws open the case. His eyes widen and a slow smile scrawls across his face. "Profitable friendship indeed.."

He stares down at the collection of gold coins and picks up the scrap of paper buried within.

Zoren,
Do whatever you want with this. There are a few pages under them all for you to add to your spellbook. I've included descriptions of four people who came into the city around the same time we did. I want you to keep an eye on them, or have someone else keep an eye on them. It is likely murders will start showing up in town soon and I'd like you to try and link them to the murders, if possible. Be safe, be careful. If you are even at the slightest risk of being discovered, bail out of the situation.

Taking another swig of wine, Zoren sits down hard behind the shop's counter. He wipes some dust off it and digs a hand around in one pocket. Well-manicured fingers pull out two bone dice, rolling them. Clack. Clack. Clack.

"Life's always a gamble. At least with Jax its an interesting one."


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Jax, you spoiler is not functioning.
-----
The Judge simply scowls at the positive attitude of the others.

Lets just stay in the shadows of the trees and avoid the searing light of the accursed deity.

He proceeds to ignore the others and there immaterial complaints.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

I was right, he was wrong. Then we decided to show each other what kind of bombs we can make.. Ulp says with his toothy grin


The morning is grey and drizzly. In an hour or two the sun may burn off the damp, but for now it's a rather dreary slog. The thick moss absorbs water like a sponge; it squelches under your feet. Water drips from branches, plip plop.

The ground gradually rises -- you're going up a long shallow slope. A squirrel (the only one you've seen this morning) chatters at you, then runs off in the direction you're going. Up ahead, you hear the faint sound of running water.


Abruptly you come upon a cliff. It's about 40' high and stretches out of sight on both sides, cutting through the forest. It's not completely sheer -- it looks like a competent climber could scramble up it, using plants and small ledges for footholds -- but climbing it would be a significant effort.

There is an easier way. Someone has cut steps in the cliff. Ahead of you, a small stream pours over the edge of the cliff, goes down in a tinkling waterfall, and forms a pool at the cliff's base. (The water of the pool is slightly muddy, so it's impossible to tell how deep it is.) Behind the pool, a staircase goes up the cliff, switching back twice. Two large baobab trees grow behind the pool, flanking the base of the staircase like guards. An even larger baobab leans over the top of the cliff, visibly tilted. All alongside the waterfall grow a tangle of blooming vines -- some sort of wetland creeper. Trumpet-shaped golden flowers are blooming out of it, nodding in the faint breeze from the waterfall.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

We should make sure there is nothing in the pool first...I can send my "friends" to disrupt the pool?

Dren concentrates on a nearby fallen branch, black ichor slowly appears around it and prepares to have it slowly drag across the surface of the pool while we stay back about 25 feet.

Mage hand a suitable branch and pull it across the top of the water back and forth for about a minute. Dren activates his first hour of Shadow armor.


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

The Judge who has been in a slightly better, or perhaps less sour, mood, looks to Morsum.
Fly up and see what is at the top of the cliff.

Turning to the others:
No reason to cross this pool and risk facing whatever might be within. Morsum can fly up and drop a rope. Or, I can enlarge him and we can simply have him carry us up one at a time.


While the pool is not terribly large, it does appear to be fairly deep; the banks drop off sharply, and probing with your branch does not find bottom in the middle.

Otherwise, nothing happens. Birds call in the distance and somewhere nearby, a squirrel chatters. A thin drizzle continues to fall, though it looks like the sun is struggling to break through. The branch moves slowly back and forth through the water, nudging a few lily pads around.


Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:


No reason to cross this pool and risk facing whatever might be within. Morsum can fly up and drop a rope. Or, I can enlarge him and we can simply have him carry us up one at a time.

Point of clarification: you do not have to cross the pool to reach the base of the staircase. (Yeah, that's not clear from the description above. My bad.) You can walk around the pool. There's about a 5' clear ledge behind it; the stairs start from that.

I assume you'll want to send Morsum up anyway, but FYI.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

If there is nothing in the pool then climbing seems to be a waste of energy. But yes lets see what is at the top of the cliff.


There's more forest at the top of the cliff. The ground seems to slope slightly downwards from there. One thing is different, though: there's what looks like the remnants of an ancient road leading back from the top of the staircase. A cairn or a pile of stones stands beside the top of the staircase, next to the leaning baobab; it looks like it's made of cobbles or paving stones from the road.

You'd have to swoop in for a closer look to be sure, but from here it doesn't look like the road has been used for quite a long time -- small trees are growing right through the middle of it.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Send Morsum on the trail and stairs ahead of us...just in case they are unsafe? he says to the judge, knowing his beast has trouble dying...


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

As you know. If he is more than a few feet from me, then he becomes much weaker.

The Judge then looks to Cy.

What do you know of these trees? Rumors are that this forest is the home of treants. What do we know of these walking trees?

I would roll Knowledge(nature), but apparently I have not studied this yet. Anyone else have Know(nature)? If treants are something else, then let me know.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Ulp wrote:
I was right, he was wrong. Then we decided to show each other what kind of bombs we can make.. Ulp says with his toothy grin

Um ... is that ... like some kind of ... alchemists sex talk or something? Ikk


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
An even larger baobab leans over the top of the cliff, visibly tilted. All alongside the waterfall grow a tangle of blooming vines -- some sort of wetland creeper. Trumpet-shaped golden flowers are blooming out of it, nodding in the faint breeze from the waterfall.

I am more concerned about the creeper, Ulp how is your knowledge of Flora?

Roll to assist or make your own roll?


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Knowledge Nature on the general area, things of interest, the baobob tree perhaps 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (9) + 9 = 18


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]

Morsum should pick up small Dren and Ulp and carry them into the air. Then Dren can confuse things and Ulp can be a fly by bomber.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

We look rather impressive when not in combat.


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'
Judge Tohram Quasangi wrote:
Morsum should pick up small Dren and Ulp and carry them into the air. Then Dren can confuse things and Ulp can be a fly by bomber.

Just have morsum 30 ahead of us as we go up. He should set off any traps or waiting creatures. If the stairs collaspe he can fly...

I can levitate to the top if I don't feel like climbing but would like to save my powers for our destination.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

Bombs are bombs, sex is sex. And why use fancy word like flora. You mean plants. Just call them plants. sarcasm apparently is not a kobold style of comedy

ulp pulls his goggles up since it is overcast and squints at the trees

1d20 + 13 ⇒ (13) + 13 = 26 nature


The trees appear to be ordinary trees.

BTW, you do know that it's normally impossible for flying creatures to use Stealth, right? Having Morsum flap into the sky like a big black pterodactyl does let anyone who's around know that something interesting is going on.


Acid res 30 , Heroism, Sacred Bond, Telepathy, Shield Shield, Invisible, Undetectable
Vital:
HP 99(-)/99; AC 30(38)/tch 20(22)/FF 24(32); CMD 26 (28); F+15 (-)(+4 dis imm Pois, +2 ongoing eff) R +22 (26)W +12(13)(+4 slp/par) Res Elec 5; Init+6(8); Bmbs 3/38 Breath 2/2 Fly 11/15 60ft FF 0/9, Surge 4/5 Leg Surge 2/2
Skills:
Craft: Trap+29 Stealth+26(28) Wind+1 Perc +19 (18) Alchemy+38 DD +23 Spellcraft+24 Arcana+24Nature+24 Rel +24 Fly+22 UMD+16 Surv+23

want Ulp fly invisible?


Male Human Oracle (FC) 15 Init: +8 Perc: +0 AC:24/14/20 F:+13 R:+14 W:+15 HP:124/124 Freedom of movement, Resist Cold/30, Air Walk 30'

Thats why we painted his underside the color of the sky...didn't we tell you that???
We also have some guy in full plate armor wondering through the woods...like a gigantic bag of aluminum cans :]. Maybe a couple of us should be sneaking ahead...


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:
BTW, you do know that it's normally impossible for flying creatures to use Stealth, right? Having Morsum flap into the sky like a big black pterodactyl does let anyone who's around know that something interesting is going on.

How about in the night sky? I could see how this could be accomplished, he is a shadow after all. Think of a really large bat.


Female Aasimar Wizard 6 (HP 53/53; AC 18/18/15; CMD 16 Fort +5; Ref +7 Will +8; Init +3; Perception +11; Darkvision 60 ft)

Ulp the bombs comment was ooc, and really I don't know how you reptiles swing, Shmove may be your type.

If we need survival 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (13) + 11 = 24

Looking for things that could be useful for the alchemist or Jax Knowledge Nature 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (14) + 9 = 23


Male Vampire(former Dhampir) Bard(Negotiator) 13/Anti-Paladin/2 - [HP 209/231; AC43,FF36,T22; CMD32; DR/10 magic+silver; F+28,R+29,W+26; Per+31; Init +12]
Douglas Muir 406 wrote:

The trees appear to be ordinary trees.

BTW, you do know that it's normally impossible for flying creatures to use Stealth, right? Having Morsum flap into the sky like a big black pterodactyl does let anyone who's around know that something interesting is going on.

I did not know that it did not work for flying creatures. I assume that if there is some way to hide (black Morsum against a dark night sky, moving from treetop to treetop, etc) then it would work the same as any normal stealth where you can leave cover as long as you reach cover again by the end of your turn.

Against a bright sunny blue sky, then he would be apparent, and the stealth might take a negative modifier, but not be completely negated. It would be how quiet he is versus the chance that someone decides to look at the sky. After all, how often when you are walking through the forest or a city, are you carefully scanning the sky for airborne attacks? I can see sneaking up on a manned watchtower scanning for flying enemies to be tough, but in a forest, I do not see any reason that stealth would be impossible.

351 to 400 of 1,219 << first < prev | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DMDM's Way of the Wicked, Part II: The Dark Tower Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.