DM-Camris' WRATH of the RIGHTEOUS Part 1: The Worldwound Gambit (table 3) (Inactive)

Game Master Camris

Flex Time:Link
Kyra's Journal
CURRENT BATTLEFIELD MAP


1,401 to 1,450 of 2,329 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>

Kyra: The sickening remnants of demon magic suffuse the whole room. A smattering of moderate enchantments are inside the locked chest.


Elf Male. Hp 54/72 Magus(Bladebound) 6/Occultist 1 AC 19(shield 23) T 14 F 15| Init +5| Fort +8| Ref +5| Will +8| Per +14| pool 3/5

Carilain joins Kyra in casting the cantrip which allows him to see magic auras. Frowning with distaste he joins in searching the room.

After checking the chest for traps (as best he can). Carilain uses the second key to open the chest. Or tries to at least. :)

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 10


The key fits, and you open the chest with no unfortunate traps or curses.

Within are various items clearly looted from the ruins over the past several days by the cultists, including:

*Bagged coinage to the tune of 2,310 cp, 759 sp, 122 gp and 11 pp.
*Five silver holy symbols of Iomedae (worth 25 gp each),
*A masterwork longsword (worth 315 gp),
*Two masterwork scimitars (worth 315 gp),
*450 gp in various fine housewares like silverware and table settings,
*A wand of bless weapon (18 charges),
*And a currently broken phylactery of faithfulness.

The chest also contains a sheaf of papers documenting the cultists’ movements around the city.
These papers not only indicate that the plan to attack Kenabres was several years in the planning, but that there were a large number of Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth involved.
This list of names is valuable to the crusaders—it can’t really help Kenabres at this point, but several of the names on the list include people operating in other cities. The revelation of these names could help prevent what happened to Kenabres happen to them as well. (The crusaders will pay 2,000 gp for it in reward.)

Finally, there’s a short note in immaculate handwriting—a letter from the lilitu Minagho to Faxon.

SEE NOTE FROM MINAGHO:

Faxon,
You did well to report your superior’s mishandling
of funds, and I trust that you will continue to serve as
loyally in the weeks to come. You need not command
the Kenabres Templars for long, for the city is about
to die—I only wish I could be there to take part in its
murder, for I have fond memories of my Red Morning
Massacre. No matter, I suppose, for your mortal kin
will all fall soon enough—as I said, Kenabres’s days are
short. Vorlesh has already left to meet with our Lord’s
daughter in the Abyss to secure a Nahyndrian crystal
of the proper purity, and once she has what she needs,
she’ ll arrive in Kenabres to finish the job and turn the
wardstones fully to our use.
You will know when she succeeds, I suspect!
Praise Lord Baphomet!
Minagho

DC 20 Knowledge (local, history, or
planes):

You identify Minagho as the demonic ruler of the ruined city of Raliscrad in the Worldwound, and Vorlesh as the woman rumored to have helped open the Worldwound in the first place.

Knowledge:Planes DC35:

The “Nahyndrian crystal” mentioned is a much more obscure subject—with a successful DC 35 Knowledge (planes) check, the PCs know that Nahyndrian crystals are said to be the crystallized fragments of a murdered demon lord’s life force, though what use such an object could be put to is unknown.


Male Keleshite Human HP (46/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (7)

He blushed under Kyra's praise, merely nodding to hide his embaressment.

"Some of this information could certainly be put to use, and some measure of good and justice was done this day. We should gather everything quickly however and get back. The goddesses blessing of strength wont last forever to help cover my cursed weakness, and the sooner we find aide for Alesie's eyes the better.

Healthy and whole, he didnt think at the moment there wasnt anything their little group couldnt handle here in Kenebras now that the major demons seemed to have moved on, but with Alesie blind and his failing strength... well he didnt like those prospects at all.


Elf Male. Hp 54/72 Magus(Bladebound) 6/Occultist 1 AC 19(shield 23) T 14 F 15| Init +5| Fort +8| Ref +5| Will +8| Per +14| pool 3/5

Carilain nods his head in agreement with Kelden. "This feels more like a defeat than a victory." Carilain reads the note from Minagho out loud, then hands it to anyone who wants to look it over for themselves.
"Turning the Wardstones... That, my friends, is going to be a problem." Carilain is not one bit flippant as he says this.


Half an hour later, forces from the Eagle Watch arrive to carry the wounded back to Defender's Heart, and conduct you to first the Healers wing, then Irabeth's Office for debriefing.
What do you tell her?


Female Half-Elf (Keleshite) 6th level Dawnflower Dervish / Champion 1 | HP 47/51 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +10 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Bardic Per 11/22 | MP - 3/5 | LP - 2/2 | Spells: 1st - 4/5; 2nd - 3/4

Know: Planes: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (5) + 6 = 11

Kyra does not recognize any of the names in described in the letter, but does recognize the danger mentioned in turning the Wardstone. "What do you think they mean by turning the Wardstone?"

Once back at the Defender's Heart, she assists getting Alesie to the healer's wing in hopes of getting her sight returned to her. Then before she knows it, they are all standing before Irabeth. She passes over the letter to the paladin and allows her to read over it. "Do any of those names sound familiar to you? What do you think they mean to do with the Wardstone?"


Irabeth:

"The documents you uncovered are incredible! This whole attack has been years in the making, and other towns are in danger as well! This will go a long way to preventing the enemy from doing worse than he has."
She pulls out the pay chest, and carefully stacks 2000 gp on her desk.
"As promised, here is your reward for clearing the Tower of Estrod."
She continues to stack another 2000 gp on her desk.
"And here is another two thousand for uncovering this critical intelligence."


Male Keleshite Human HP (46/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (7)

are Alesie and I able to find aid for our conditions? would it be the standard removal cost if any?

He swallowed at the size of the reward, he didnt think he had ever seen such a sum at any one time.

They mentioned turning the wardstone, and while I wont begin to fathom how or what that exactly means it cant be good. Should we rally what forces we have to secure what remains of the stone? Has any word reached other crusaders ears in other cities about the dangers here?

He couldnt help but ask Dame Irabeth. He had come here to fight demons in the name of his goddess, he wasnt done just yet.


Kelden: Yes of course. Any hitpoint damage, stat damage, stat drains, poisons, diseases or bestowed Curses are healed/lifted/broken/removed at no cost by the experts in the healers wing.


Irabeth frowned at the letter.
"No, no it certainly cannot be good. I definitely need to investigate; see what intelligence and what forces we have available. I'm not sure what we can do about it from here; we are still cut off from the greater army of the crusades."
She looked up.
"But that is enough for now. I want you to go and rest up for the rest of the day. Get a good meal, tell your story of victory to whoever will stand for it, get a good night's rest.
"I promise; if there is anything we can do, I will call on you first.
"In the mean time, go on! Out!"
She said grinning.
Your last glimpse is of her reading through the letter again.


Female Half-Elf (Keleshite) 6th level Dawnflower Dervish / Champion 1 | HP 47/51 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +10 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Bardic Per 11/22 | MP - 3/5 | LP - 2/2 | Spells: 1st - 4/5; 2nd - 3/4

Kyra's eyes widen at the moment of reward presented to the group by Irabeth. "Thank you, Lady Irabeth! Can the Crusade afford such rewards? We do not want to take away resources that can be used to help the cause of retaking Kenabres."

I'll add that to our party funds.


Irabeth escorted Kyra firmly out the door.
"Yes of course. You need to use the money to rest and refit and upgrade your equipment. You are the best offensive weapon we have, and I intend to wield you harshly when the time comes.
"Besides, with Lord Horgus bringing his fortune to our aid, it is little enough of an investment."
"Now, get out!"
She said, shutting the door behind you.


The heroes have ample opportunity to rest, relax, spread the story of their exploits, buy, sell and heal to their hearts content.
The next day, messengers are sent to all who hold a silver scale to meet at Irabeth’s office.


When you arrive, you see she is not alone. Also present is an aged and angular human with an eagle’s talon tattoo on his cheek. Irabeth introduces him as Quednys Orlun, Founder and former head librarian of Blackwing. He nods at you all from his seated position.

Knowledge:Local DC15:

Quednys Orlun (LG old male human wizard 6) is an aged and angular human with an eagle’s talon tattoo on his cheek. Founder and head librarian of Blackwing, Quednys was at the Cathedral when the attack began, and was instrumental in saving several citizens from certain death. He suffered a nearly fatal wound in doing so, but survived after he was brought to Defender’s Heart and healed. Since then, Quednys has helped keep order in the inn.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Irabeth began by standing up and introducing Quednys Orlun to you.
”You have all distinguished yourselves against the demon forces, aided the survivors and, I think I am not alone in thinking this, you are all touched by fate in that you all have one of the scales of Teredelev, the ancient guardian of Kenabres.
“I promised you that if there was a chance to strike back that I would make you a part of it. I believe it is time.”

She leaned forward and looked you all in the eyes.

“As horrific as recent events have been, we’ve come to realize that they are, in fact, merely a prelude.
"The razing of the Kite citadel, the destruction of our wardstone, Terendelev’s murder, and the assault on the city were nothing more than opening gambits.
“The Worldwound is on the march in a more concentrated assault than we’ve seen since the fall of Drezen. It’s fair to say the Lord of the Locust Host is finally making his move. The end of this hundred-year-war is upon us, and it falls to US to ensure victory!
“While the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth were scattered, those who serve the Lord of the Locust Host himself remain concentrated in Old Kenabres."

She strode about and pointed to a place in the middle of the Old Kenabres district on the Kenabres map.

“What we’ve heard from within the barricade they’ve erected is ominous.
“The cultists are waiting for something; and based on our own information and what you’ve managed to recover so far, it sounds like the vile witch Areelu Vorlesh will soon be coming to Kenabres. And it appears that we’ve determined what she intends to do.”

She motioned to Quednys, who stood up.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Quednys spoke in a quavering voice.
“When the wardstone was destroyed by the Storm King, it exploded and destroyed the Kite citadel. The network along the border, here;” He pointed along a line on one of the maps pinned to the wall in the office.
”Failed, but did not fade completely.
“I believe this is because a significant portion of our wardstone STILL exists, and that the cultists have taken it to the old garrison in Old Kenabres,”

He pointed to another place on a crudely drawn city map, marked by the red X.
MAP of KENABRES CURRENTLY
”Here.
"From what we’ve learned, they’re hoping to engineer a way to somehow reverse the field generated by the wardstones—essentially, to use our own greatest defense as a devastating weapon.
“The attack on Kenabres had a predictable result: causing the crusade to gather at the border to defend it. Some wonder why the demons haven’t attacked in stronger numbers.
“I believe that Areelu was counting on us massing along the border, and that if she can corrupt the wardstone field, she can strike a devastating blow against us all by detonating them all!
"In effect, we’ve lined up for the slaughter.
“Vorlesh is surely seeking some object of great Abyssal power, likely the Nahyndrian crystal mentioned in the missive you recovered, and with it she intends to turn the source of our hope into an unimaginable nightmare.”

Quednys shook his head and sat down.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

Irabeth spoke again.
”We cannot hope to evacuate everyone from the border—I doubt they would give up the defensive line even if they knew what the enemy planned.
"But we can still stop this from happening—we just need to have SOMEONE infiltrate the Gray Garrison, locate the wardstone fragment, and destroy it.”


Elf Male. Hp 54/72 Magus(Bladebound) 6/Occultist 1 AC 19(shield 23) T 14 F 15| Init +5| Fort +8| Ref +5| Will +8| Per +14| pool 3/5

Carilain chuckles grimly. "Heh. Someone...
His levity fades almost instantly.
"Yeah, I volunteer. It's what I came here to do."


Male Aasimar HP (93/93)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 27/11/21 Fort/Ref/Will 13/8/11 Init +1
Skills:
Diplomacy +16, Perception +3, Sense Motive +10
6 Divine Defender (Paladin) 1 Mythic Guardian

"I many be the last of my order, but as a paladin of the Order of the Nine moons and the current wielder of Radiance i will of course lend my aid in this assault." Thetin looks around at his friends and comrades and smiles. "With the five of us working together i don't think the demonic filth in this city stand a chance."


Female Half-Elf (Keleshite) 6th level Dawnflower Dervish / Champion 1 | HP 47/51 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +10 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Bardic Per 11/22 | MP - 3/5 | LP - 2/2 | Spells: 1st - 4/5; 2nd - 3/4

Kyra sits in shock as the details are explained to her, unable to accurately fathom such terrible destruction. "Goddess save us..." she whispers; however, as her companions begin to volunteer for the mission she finds courage and steels her resolve. "I will join this assault. Clearly Sarenrae brought me and Kelden here for this very purpose. Why else would two Sarenites from Sothis find their way to Kenabres. We will win or die trying!"


Irabeth nodded, relaxing at your acceptance.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"It has been suggested that we should recapture the wardstone instead of destroying it." Quednys said, glancing at Irabeth.
Quednys sadly shook his head.
"The fragment is useless at this point to the crusade, and as long as it exists it will continue to be a threat to us. It must be destroyed."
He leaned forward.
"And not by just any method either. It is made of adamant perdurable, and filled with the celestial majesty of generations of priests, angels and Empyreal Lords. It is not going to be easy to turn or destroy; the enemy would not need to wait for the arrival of Vorlesh if it were not.
"Fortunately, we do possess the means to do so."

Turning to the corner, he pulls his staff out, unscrews the top and reached in to pull out a heavy looking five foot long metallic rod with a chisel tip. It is a matte black, and its very presence seems to drink the color from the room.
"With this, a Rod of Cancellation." He said quietly.
The room seems to chill.

"With this, you should be able to drain the last vestige of power from the fragment; in so doing, it will completely sever the wardstone’s connection remaining connection to the field.
"Doing so will rob Vorlesh of a crucial chink in the wardstone field’s armor and prevent her from using it against the crusaders; unless the demons can manage to destroy another wardstone— Something I don’t think is possible in the short term, for the Kenabres stone has suffered numerous attacks over the past several years that made this final destruction possible. Almost,”
he adds wryly, “as if the demons have been planning for this day from the start.”


"One of you must bear the Rod. Who will it be?" Asked Irabeth.


Male Keleshite Human HP (46/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (7)

Kelden paused and glanced torwards the paladin then to his sister in faith and cleared his throat.

I will accept the responisbility,the enemy will no doubt be hard pressed with the presence of radiance and your skill at arms Thetin, it might open up and opportunity for me to strike...then again... Kenebras is your home Alesie, if you wish to be the one who strikes the blow against the demons who did this to it I wont argue.

He said carefully with a little bow of his head.


Irabeth said "Excellent. We will begin tomorrow. For you? Noon. I need to have time to recruit forces to stage hit and run diversionary attacks earlier that morning. That should draw off a number of the forces that you would otherwise be facing.
In the meantime, go take your ease. Buy the equpment you will need. Eat well. Rest."

She made a terrifying grin.
"Tomorrow will be a VERY busy day."


The rest of the day and the night that follows passes with agonizing slowness.
The next morning, the old inn feels almost empty as every man capable of wielding a spear is out causing distractions.

Before noon a messenger is sent to each of you, summoning you to the courtyard where a squad of crusaders awaited you.

Irabeth then lead you all through the postapocalyptic wasteland that is Kenabres now. Off in the distance you hear the sounds of battle as squads distract the demonic forces away.

On the map of Kenabres (at top), she leads you after several encounters across the last crevasse into the walled city of Old Kenabres, to point P on the map.
Here she diverges from you, taking your escorts with her to make a distracting attack elsewhere.

You eventually come to the ruined area just outside of the Grey Garrison.

GRAY GARRISON EXTERIOR MAP

A large stretch of buckled ground and rubble stretches before the Gray Garrison, an aptly named structure that squats across from the open ground that once stood before the Cathedral of Saint Clydwell. No trace of Terendelev’s body remains.
That cathedral is no more—nothing remains but a towering mound of rubble and a deep, jagged rift in the ground.

Two hideously obese, naked men armed with scythes guard the Gray Garrison’s entrance.

Knowledge (local or nobility) DC15:

You realize that one of the men is a rotund version of Kandro
Nyserian, once one of the richest men in Kenabres, and now known as a traitor and secret supporter of the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth.

Knowledge (local or nobility) DC10:

You realize that the other as a bloated version of Lord Hulrun—once the leader of Kenabres!


Male Keleshite Human HP (46/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (7)

Assuming they dont see us

Split up and skirt these building hit them from both sides? Kyra Alesie and I on the left, You Thetin and Caralain on the right? if we hit them hard and fast enough they might not get out an alarm...

He whispered to the others while pulling out the wand of spiritual weapon, there was no holding back here, any hesistation or restraint might get them killed. While mercy was one of the goddesses tenants...He doubted what evil lay in the hearts of those guarding the shards of the wardstone had any wish for penance.


You split up and quietly infiltrate through the collapsed buildings to either side.

NEW TACTICAL SETUP


Male Aasimar HP (93/93)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 27/11/21 Fort/Ref/Will 13/8/11 Init +1
Skills:
Diplomacy +16, Perception +3, Sense Motive +10
6 Divine Defender (Paladin) 1 Mythic Guardian

Thetin gets into position with Caralain then pulls out one of the protection from evil potions and chugs it. AC against evil is now 27 for ten rounds. He then pulls out a small mirror and signals the others that he is ready and about to attack. After waiting a few seconds for the others to ready thetin steps out of cover and charges towards enemy number 2. -2 to AC until start of next turn AC 23 (25 vs evil)

charge attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (9) + 8 = 17
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9


When Thetin charges, what does everyone else do?


Male Keleshite Human HP (46/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (7)

At Thetins Charge Kelden too moved forward though not as fast as the paladin did. Shield at the ready he drew the wand of spiritual weapon and used the magic to summon the magical floating scimitar favored by his goddess, the blade lashing at the same creature Thetin attacked as he moved into position.
spiritual weapon attack: 1d20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 2 + 3 = 12
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8

Moving to I9 I beleive


Female Half-Elf (Keleshite) 6th level Dawnflower Dervish / Champion 1 | HP 47/51 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +10 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Bardic Per 11/22 | MP - 3/5 | LP - 2/2 | Spells: 1st - 4/5; 2nd - 3/4

Kyra quickly begins to cast a spell when Thetin rushes in to attack. She suddenly vanishes from view as she moves out into the battlefield!

Casting Vanish with duration of 3 rounds. She then moves to I5.

Stealth: 1d20 + 20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 20 + 9 = 47


Elf Male. Hp 54/72 Magus(Bladebound) 6/Occultist 1 AC 19(shield 23) T 14 F 15| Init +5| Fort +8| Ref +5| Will +8| Per +14| pool 3/5

Carilain energizes Grimstar with arcane power as he charges in alongside Thetin, slashing at the same target.

Grimstar: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (4) + 9 = 13
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10


Round 1__________

Thetin Dorvas_____
He then pulls out a small mirror and signals the others that he is ready and about to attack. After waiting a few seconds for the others to ready thetin steps out of cover and charges towards enemy number 2. -2 to AC until start of next turn AC 23 (25 vs evil)
Thetin charged up to the fat creature and missed.

Kelden Sunblade
At Thetins Charge Kelden too moved forward though not as fast as the paladin did. Shield at the ready he drew the wand of spiritual weapon and used the magic to summon the magical floating scimitar favored by his goddess, the blade lashing at the same creature Thetin attacked as he moved into position.
Caster level check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16 Success! You beat his SR.
The spiritual scimitar blazed into existence and swung on Red 2, but it missed.
Move to I9

Kyra Greenstar_____
Kyra quickly begins to cast a spell when Thetin rushes in to attack. She suddenly vanishes from view as she moves out into the battlefield!
Casts Vanish. She then moves to I5 like a ghost.

Carilain Riveroak_____
Carilain energizes Grimstar with arcane power as he charges in alongside Thetin, slashing at the same target.
But he missed.

Kelden:
Grimstar spoke in the depths of your mind.
Master, I mean Kelden, beware them. I sense the work of Demon magic in them!
And you can feel Grimstar’s desire to come to blows with them and destroy them.

(npc) Alesie_____
Alesie, wanting to keep her distance, moved to closer cover, took aim at the leftmost one and fired.
MW Longbow shot: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13 Miss.

Enemies____________
Not seeming surprised at all, the fat and naked warriors just laughed.
Grimacing in delight one asks in thickly accented common; ”Oh hey, come to turn yourselves over to Deskari? That’ll save her a trip to go get ya!” The other one just laughs at the slightly obscure joke.

Red 1_____
The first warrior sniffed the air and then looked around. He looked directly at her and grinned.
”Hey girl! Just hold still now and I’ll get you a little closer…”
He swung his scythe…
Scythe attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25 Hit! for 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (1, 1) + 5 = 7 slashing damage.

Red 2_____
He looked at Thetin with an ugly sneer.
”Radiance. What the hell is it doing out here? Well, I guess I’ll have to pull it out with your tongue…”
Scythe attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (8) + 10 = 18 Miss.


Round 2_____

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

TACTICAL SITUATION


Male Keleshite Human HP (46/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (7)

moving to KL567

With a thought he directed the spiritual blade to keep striking out at the foe it attacked, the cleric moved quickly to close with the foe that wasnt under attack, summoning the power of the wand once more to strike at it.
They are certainly demonic in nature! He called to his allies.
spiritual weapon attacking 2, Caster level check already succeeding, 2nd of 3 rds
spiritual weapon 1: 1d20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 2 + 3 = 11
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7

spiritual weapon attacking 1
caster level check: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (12) + 4 = 16
spiritual weapon 2: 1d20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (10) + 2 + 3 = 15
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
1st of 3 rds


Female Half-Elf (Keleshite) 6th level Dawnflower Dervish / Champion 1 | HP 47/51 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +10 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Bardic Per 11/22 | MP - 3/5 | LP - 2/2 | Spells: 1st - 4/5; 2nd - 3/4

Round 2

I'm assuming that attack is directed at me lol.

Kyra blinks in surprise when the naked minion turns towards her speaks. Before she can think to react, the demon's scythe slices through the air and cuts deep into her thigh. She let's out a cry of pain as she suddenly becomes visible to everyone, blood flowing from the wound in her leg!

Kyra quickly slips into her trance-like battle dance, her body beginning to move and sway with a music only she can hear. Imbues her weapon with some of her magical essence and slashes towards the demon in retaliation, but the wound on her leg causes her to stumble and her attack falters. She slips back a step away from the demon to recenter herself...

Attack: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9 ...Really?

Movement Action - Active Battle Dance. Swift Action - Arcane Strike. Standard Action - Attack and miss. Free - 5' step back. (Not sure how the coordinates are working here since I thought the squares were 5' squares lol. So I'm not sure which coordinates to put for Kyra's end movement, but she is basically moving 5' to the "west".


Elf Male. Hp 54/72 Magus(Bladebound) 6/Occultist 1 AC 19(shield 23) T 14 F 15| Init +5| Fort +8| Ref +5| Will +8| Per +14| pool 3/5

Keeping his guard up, Carilain lets his footwork move him to the right. (5' step toward U-3)
Taking his ancestral sword in a two-hand grip, the elf magus slashes at his foe.
Grimstar: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (12) + 7 = 19
Damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 = 7


Round 2_____

Kelden Sunblade______
moving to KL567
With a thought he directed the spiritual blade to keep striking out at the foe it attacked, the cleric moved quickly to close with the foe that wasnt under attack, summoning the power of the wand once more to strike at it.
spiritual weapon attacking 2, But it missed.
spiritual weapon attacking 1 The Spiritual weapon penetrated the creatures magic defenses, but missed the strike.

Kyra Greenstar_____
Round 2
She let's out a cry of pain as she suddenly becomes visible to everyone, blood flowing from the wound in her leg!
Movement Action - Active Battle Dance. Swift Action - Arcane Strike. Standard Action - Attack and miss. Free - 5' step back.

Carilain Riveroak_____
Keeping his guard up, Carilain lets his footwork move him to the right. (5' step toward U-3)
Taking his ancestral sword in a two-hand grip, the elf magus slashes at his foe.
But he missed.

(npc)Thetin_____
Thetin swung Radiance and connected for moderate damage! The creature staggered, but still fought on.

(npc) Alesie_____
Alesie, took aim at the leftmost one and fired. But she missed.

Enemies____________

Red 1_____
When Kyra stepped away, the thing just smiled and followed.
”Oh no little girl, you go nowhere today…”
He swung his scythe…
Scythe attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (10) + 10 = 20 Hit! for 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1) + 5 = 9 slashing damage.

Red 2_____
Having been hit by Radiance, he concentrates all his attacks on him.
Scythe attack: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (18) + 10 = 28 Hit! for 2d4 + 5 ⇒ (3, 1) + 5 = 9 slashing damage.


Round 3_____

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

TACTICAL SITUATION


Male Keleshite Human HP (46/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (7)

concentration check casting on the defensive DC19: 1d20 + 3 + 3 ⇒ (13) + 3 + 3 = 19

woot *wipes sweat away*

Noticing clearly Kyra's wounds from the monster her shifted closer to her calling on the goddess to grant him her power to succor his friends. Hiding behind his shield he reached over quickly his hand brushing Kyra's thigh

casting cure moderate wounds and losing bull's strength moving to D4 touching Kyra
cure moderate wounds: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (6, 7) + 3 = 16

The spiritual weapons kept up the pressure, though the blade attacking the creature by Thetin(2) faded after it struck.
spiritual attackon1: 1d20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 2 + 3 = 9
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 1 = 3

spiritual attackon2: 1d20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (20) + 2 + 3 = 25
confirm: 1d20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 2 + 3 = 24
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (5) + 1 = 6
added crit damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8
your call whether the second spiritual weapon bursts into flame and deals a bonus +2 fire crit damage because of my trait flame of the dawnflower


Female Half-Elf (Keleshite) 6th level Dawnflower Dervish / Champion 1 | HP 47/51 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +10 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Bardic Per 11/22 | MP - 3/5 | LP - 2/2 | Spells: 1st - 4/5; 2nd - 3/4

Round 3

Kyra gasps as the scythe slashes her open once again, blood flowing freely from a second cut along her shoulder... She considers stepping away and trying to make it over towards Thetin when Kelden suddenly appears at her side. The healing power of Sarenrae washes over her and stitches her wounds closed.

Kyra grins at her spiritual brother and twirls around their opponent to place herself into a flanking position with Kelden! Her scimitar slashes through the air and cuts into the foul creature! "You cannot withstand the fury of the Dawnflower!"

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (19) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 29
Crit?!: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 20 I hope!
Damage: 1d6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 = 8
Crit Damage?: 1d6 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 6 + 2 = 14 2 of this is fire damage.

Free Action - Maintain Battle Dance. Swift Action - Activate Arcane Strike. 5' step - D2 (I'm assuming Kelden moved into D4 with to heal Kyra). Standard Action - Attack, and hopefully crit!


Male Aasimar HP (93/93)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 27/11/21 Fort/Ref/Will 13/8/11 Init +1
Skills:
Diplomacy +16, Perception +3, Sense Motive +10
6 Divine Defender (Paladin) 1 Mythic Guardian

Thetin uses a lay on hands LoH: 1d6 ⇒ 5 and takes a five foot step to flank with carilain.

attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 6 + 2 = 16
damage: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (8) + 3 = 11


Elf Male. Hp 54/72 Magus(Bladebound) 6/Occultist 1 AC 19(shield 23) T 14 F 15| Init +5| Fort +8| Ref +5| Will +8| Per +14| pool 3/5

Grimstar (flanking): 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22
damage: 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

Carilain looks for an opening while scythe-boy is distracted and strikes with his black blade.


Round 3_____

Kelden Sunblade_____
Hiding behind his shield he reached over quickly his hand brushing Kyra's thigh
casting cure moderate wounds and losing bull's strength moving to D4 touching Kyra
The spiritual weapons kept up the pressure, though the blade attacking the creature by Thetin(2) faded after it struck.
spiritual attackon1: It missed.
spiritual attackon2: It critical hit and burst into flame at that point (though the creature resisted the elemental fire) before it faded out.

Kyra Greenstar_____
Kyra grins at her spiritual brother and twirls around their opponent to place herself into a flanking position with Kelden! Her scimitar slashes through the air and cuts into the foul creature!
The critical hit deals great damage!
Free Action - Maintain Battle Dance. Swift Action - Activate Arcane Strike. 5' step - D2 (I'm assuming Kelden moved into D4 with to heal Kyra). Standard Action - Attack, and hopefully crit!

Thetin Dorvas_____
Thetin uses a lay on hands LoH: 1d6 ⇒ 5 and takes a five foot step to flank with carilain.
He flank attacked, but missed.

Carilain Riveroak_____
Carilain looks for an opening while scythe-boy is distracted and strikes with his black blade.
Carilain struck out at the creature and Grimstar sunk deep into its flesh!
The creature staggered and fell.

(npc) Alesie_____
Alesie attacked Red 1 with a longbow, but missed.

Enemies__________

Perception DC15 or Knowledge:Nobility DC10:

A successful Knowledge (local or nobility) check allows you to recognize Red 1 as a bloated version of Lord Hulrun—once the leader of Kenabres!

Perception DC20 or Knowledge:Nobility DC15:

You identify Red 2 as a rotund version of Kandro Nyserian, a noble of Kenabres that you now know was a traitor to the Crusade, giving aid and assistance to the Templars of the Ivory Labyrinth (Baphomet worshippers).

Red 1_____
The creature followed Kyra around and struck at her again.
Scythe attack vs Kyra: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (17) + 10 = 27 for a possible 2d4 + 6 ⇒ (1, 1) + 6 = 8 slashing damage.

Red 2_____
The body of the first thing you killed shivered. Then the corpulent body seemed to shrink rapidly to skin and bones.
Suddenly, with a hideous retching and tearing sound, the creatures face opens up like a rotten flower and a pallid five-jawed worm extruded itself from the ragged wound in the mans neck where, only moments ago a mans head sat.
With unbeatable speed, it dove to the ground and burrowed underground out of sight in a moment.
No AoO possible, this time.

Knowledge:Religion or Knowledge:Planes DC20:

These things are called Vermleks, a species of Demon!
They burrow into dead bodies, using the flesh and muscle as a defense against anti-demon weapons.
They have negative energy affinity, a DR penetrated by cold iron or good aligned weapons, immunity to electricity and poison, moderate resistance to acid, cold, fire and magic.
Then have some minor magic use as well.
They are at their most vulnerable when escaping a damaged body.


Round 4_____

Players take their turn in order of posting, enemies will go last.

TACTICAL SITUATION


Male Keleshite Human HP (46/61)
Stats:
AC/Touch/Flat 21/12/18 | Fort/Ref/Will +7/+3/+8 | Init +1
Skills:
Perception +7, Sense Motive +8
Class (Cleric) (7)

perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12
knowledge religion: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

He dropped the wand and drew his scimitar brining the blade to bear against his opponent. Something was tickling his mind from the grotesque nature of the creatures. Vermleks... they were Vermleks!

They are a Demon called a Vermlek. They burrow into Dead bodies!

He called out as he swung. The glowing spiritual weapon slashed too, then faded away.
attack: 1d20 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 5 + 2 = 14
damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

spiritual weapon: 1d20 + 2 + 3 ⇒ (15) + 2 + 3 = 20
damage: 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 1 = 7
I will add more about them next round, I would imagine that would cover a rounds worth of info


Female Half-Elf (Keleshite) 6th level Dawnflower Dervish / Champion 1 | HP 47/51 | AC 20 | T 15 | FF 15 | CMD 19 | Fort +4 | Ref +10 | Will +6 | Init +4 | Perc +13 | Bardic Per 11/22 | MP - 3/5 | LP - 2/2 | Spells: 1st - 4/5; 2nd - 3/4

Round 4

Kyra bites back a curse as t she tries to parry the demon's scythe blade, but she cannot bring her sword around fast enough and it once again finds a chink in her defenses. She slips beneath the scythe for a riposte strike, but her ineffective parry throws her own attack off. "Thetin, hurry! I do not know how much longer I can hold off this thing!" She maintains her position flanking with Kelden to leave an opening for Thetin and Carilain!

Attack: 1d20 + 6 + 2 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 6 + 2 + 2 = 13

Free Action - Maintain Battle Dance. Swift Action - Arcane Strike. Standard Action - Attack and miss. -1 BP.


Elf Male. Hp 54/72 Magus(Bladebound) 6/Occultist 1 AC 19(shield 23) T 14 F 15| Init +5| Fort +8| Ref +5| Will +8| Per +14| pool 3/5

Carilain moves in to attack the remaining husk. (Move to E-4) He looks for an opening, then attacks with the eager Grimstar. The fact that Vermlek are demon-spawn is not lost on the sentient weapon.

Grimstar: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (18) + 9 = 27

Carilain uses both hands to guide, and lend power to his stroke.

damage (2-hand): 1d8 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11

1,401 to 1,450 of 2,329 << first < prev | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / [GM Striker] Wrath of the Righteous 3 All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.