DM Brainiac's War for the Crown: Table 1

Game Master Brainiac

Current Date: 21 Kuthona, 4718 AR

Maps on Google Slides


2,601 to 2,650 of 6,814 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>

"Oh, my darling girl. I promise I will explain everything to you, but this is hardly the place for such a conversation. Take my hand, and soon all will become clear..." Kurana offers her hand to Melodie. "No dawdling, now. It's almost midnight..."


Female Half-Elf Cleric 17 | HP 105/105 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +17 | Initiative +2 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 6/6 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Bit of Luck 8/8 | Good Fortune 2/2

At Baron Lotheed's

"I can work with that," says Zileska as she shimmies out of her skirt under the Baron's insistent hands. She kisses him again with heat, then grabs his shirt and tugs it up over his head.

"Besides, no use denying one's desires."


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:93/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +43(48), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 8/8, 2: 7/7, 3: 7/7, 4: 6/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 3/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 18/17+1; Words: 12/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation
DM Brainiac wrote:
"Oh, my darling girl. I promise I will explain everything to you, but this is hardly the place for such a conversation. Take my hand, and soon all will become clear..." Kurana offers her hand to Melodie. "No dawdling, now. It's almost midnight..."

"Where do you want to go?" Melodie asks, her voice shaking slightly - although whether it's fear or something else isn't clear. "I'm not leaving Zhi, no matter what!" At that declaration her voice firms up - no compromise to be had there.

"Tell me who you are, what you are. I'm not going anywhere without those answers!"


"it would be a sin to do so, indeed," the baron says. Zileska's shirt soon joins his on the floor, and his breeches follow.

--

"I told you, I am your mother. Your true mother," Kurana says sternly. "I left you with the d'Valois family as an infant, and now the time has come for you to return to me. As for what I am, well..."

She looks up as the moon reaches its zenith in the sky. She groans and shudders, her skin bulging in a grotesque manner before it suddenly bursts off of her! The wet chunks of flesh fall to the ground, and where a pretty redhead once stood is now a ghastly pale creature with sharp teeth and nails.


Pre-Marriage Alias

Zhi shoves Melodie behind her and pulls her rapier from the ground. She drops low into a defensive stance.

"Mel, get back to the keep!"


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:93/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +43(48), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 8/8, 2: 7/7, 3: 7/7, 4: 6/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 3/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 18/17+1; Words: 12/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

Strangely Melodie doesn't move at all - she seems fascinated by the transformation rather than repulsed and definitely doesn't seem to share Zhi's sudden fear. In fact, her own lack of fear is rather perplexing.

Knw Arcana: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28 Hopefully that's enough for a Hag at least...

"You're a... a hag?" She says, oddly clinical, before the waver re-enters her voice suddenly. "Then what does that make me?"

Guess I didn't have a chance to grab the Subtle Mask? She doesn't sleep in it so it really depends on how strong the compulsion was...


Pre-Marriage Alias

"What do you mean what does that make you?" Zhi says over her shoulder. "She's not your mother, Mel! Go back to the keep!"


"'Hag' is such an ugly word. I am a soucouyant. And you are my darling daughter. Such an incredible voice you have. We will work wonders together."

Kurana glares at Zhi. "You are ruining our reunion."


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:93/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +43(48), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 8/8, 2: 7/7, 3: 7/7, 4: 6/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 3/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 18/17+1; Words: 12/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

"She's not lying Zhi." Melodie says, swinging back to calm like a pendulum. "As far as I can tell everything she's said so far has been the truth."

She suddenly turns to the figure in front of them. "When you last spoke to me, in my dream. What song did I sing?" There's a sudden, hard edge to her voice.


Kurana frowns. "Dream? I have sung to you at night, but I have not invaded your slumber. Perhaps if you saw me, it was a manifestation of your subconscious desire to return to your mother's side?" She grins again, revealing her razor-sharp teeth.


Female Half-Elf Cleric 17 | HP 105/105 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +17 | Initiative +2 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 6/6 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Bit of Luck 8/8 | Good Fortune 2/2

With Baron Telus - Mature Content Warning:

Zileska obligingly slides out of her attire as her hands roam the Baron's body, settling on the Baron's urgent shaft and guiding him into herself. She grips him tightly, wrapping her legs around him, and moves in tandem with him, groaning with exertion as she brings her hands up to roam his shoulders. The half-elf seems completely absorbed in the act, and it's impossible to tell whether it's because of her training, an actual attraction to Baron Telus, or some combination of the two.


Zileska - Mature Content:
Telus moans happily as he thrusts into Zileska, gently at first, but more urgently as things progress. He kisses the half-elf with passion and playfully nibbles her pointed ears. His hands caress her breasts, thumbs teasing her nipples.

"Gods, you are amazing!" he breathes, his skin glistening with sweat.


Female Rakshasa-spawn Tiefling Investigator 16 | HP 91/99 | AC 35 T 18 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +20 Will +15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +19 (free Insp) | Sense Motive +22 (free Insp)

Maria had borrowed the hat of disguise for this meeting. Her normally pale-blonde hair was now a pitch-black mane flowing loose behind her as she now resembled a skinwalker - a partly feline cast to her face and more prominent fangs (moreso than usual, at least) were the most obvious sign of this. Her tail was coiled around her waist and hidden by an illusion of a weapon belt holding a pair of daggers.

Clothing wise she appeared to be wearing a very well-fitted suit of leather. The lower neckline was wholly impractical for combat, but entirely illusionary. She rounded it off with what could only be described as a half-skirt - it had sides and a back, but no front and just hung from her waist. And, of course, a domino mask on her face - even if it wasn't her face she was currently wearing, if she didn't have one then it would be obvious she had an illusion on. For the purposes of this meeting, she'd settled on the moniker of "Tigress".

"We've got someone in mind for the job," she said, affecting a thick Andoran accent, "we can't say who or we could end up screwing ourselves over real bad down the line, but we know they'll actually give a damn about the people, which is already a hell of an improvement."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (17) + (5) + 10 = 32

The skirt thing is basically like what Archer's got in Fate/stay night, albeit black instead of red. And, yes, she's made herself look like a weretiger-kin skinwalker.

I'm also going on the idea that an Andoran accent is American while Taldan is British. Randomly; my headcanon is that a Mendevian accent is Australian because it's probably got equally-lethal wildlife when you remember the gaping hole to the Abyss next door. :P

EDIT: Also, Maria's not saying who they have in mind because I - as a player - can't remember if we were putting Martella in charge or if it was going to be the Princess herself. Or someone else entirely.


Female Half-Elf Cleric 17 | HP 105/105 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +17 | Initiative +2 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 6/6 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Bit of Luck 8/8 | Good Fortune 2/2

With Baron Telus - Mature Content Warning:

Zileska groans and draws her fingers down the Baron's arms as he gropes her firm breasts. She squeezes her pelvic muscles to grip him tightly as he penetrates her, and lets out a small moan as he touches her ears. She pants heavily as she moves with him and whispers, "You can spend inside me. I... am protected. Oh!"

Hooray for night tea, still legal in Taldor!


Pre-Marriage Alias
DM Brainiac wrote:
Kurana glares at Zhi. "You are ruining our reunion."

"How rude of me," Zhi snarks back, keeping her weapons raised.

DM Brainiac wrote:
Kurana frowns. "Dream? I have sung to you at night, but I have not invaded your slumber. Perhaps if you saw me, it was a manifestation of your subconscious desire to return to your mother's side?" She grins again, revealing her razor-sharp teeth.

"Mel? Why are we listening to this?" Zhi asks, a pleading tone entering her voice.


The orc woman nods to Tigress. "Alright, missy. We'll help you out, but we want two things in return. First, we want amnesty for illegal border crossing from Andoran and a full pardon for the crimes we have been charged with here in Meratt. Second, we want the head of Sir Gul Gusiarne. On a pike."

---

Zileska - Mature Content:
"By your leave, milady," the baron replies. He clutches the half-elf close to him, pressing her into the bed as he achieves release. A pleasant warmth fills Zileska's belly.


Female Half-Elf Cleric 17 | HP 105/105 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +17 | Initiative +2 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 6/6 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Bit of Luck 8/8 | Good Fortune 2/2

With Baron Telus - Mature Content Warning:

Zileska's head rolls back as Telus spends his seed within her. Her hands roam up to his shoulders and hold him close as he climaxes, the release after his many years of isolation filling her like waves. Her hips press up against him hungrily.

She finally exhales as Telus' release subsides, letting out a satisfied sigh. She buries her face in the side of his neck, kissing and nibbling.

"A wonderful start, m'lord," she says teasingly.


Zileska - Mature Content:
"Yes, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship," Telus replies in the same tone. He lingers inside of Zileska for quite some time before finally sliding free. He lies beside her among the tousled sheets, holding her in his arms.

"It had been a long time since... Well. I'm sure you realize. I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did."


Female Half-Elf Cleric 17 | HP 105/105 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +17 | Initiative +2 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 6/6 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Bit of Luck 8/8 | Good Fortune 2/2

With Baron Telus - Mature Content Warning:

Zileska traces her fingers up and down Telus' back until he slides away and holds her, at which point she simply cradles her head against him.

She runs a hand down her belly and to her moistened crevice and says, "Mmm, I can tell it's been a while. You quite filled me up."

Turning slightly to face Telus she adds, "I suppose it's like the old faerie tales of the princess kissing a frog and turning him back into a prince, just with a slight twist. And a racier finish."

"Speaking of which, I hope you don't think you're done for the evening," she says as she reaches for his limp manhood and carefully caresses it. "Once is never enough."


Zileska - Mature Content:
The baron laughs, his manhood already stirring again at Zileska's touch. "A few minutes respite, my dear, then we shall commence the second course. It would seem this faerie tale has a happy ending, indeed."

Soon enough, Telus is ready to go. He lies on his back and pulls the priestess on top of him, letting her take charge this time.


Female Half-Elf Cleric 17 | HP 105/105 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +17 | Initiative +2 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 6/6 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Bit of Luck 8/8 | Good Fortune 2/2

With Baron Telus - Mature Content Warning:

Zileska is quite pleased with this state of affairs as she eagerly sits up and clambers atop Telus. Clearly she wanted the opportunity to change positions.

She drags his hands onto her breasts and gently gyrates in place while stroking his manhood until he is stiff again, then she slides her fingers down her cleft to spread herself open for him. His seed drips from her glistening orifice as she rises and then settles down atop him, and moves into a gentle up-and-down cadence, easily slipping all the way down his shaft with each descent.

"I'll consider it my... huff just reward huff for a good huff deed," she manages to quip in between hot breaths, but soon her exertion precludes speech as she moans with pleasure. Leaning forward she increases the speed of her ministrations and barely gasps out, "I'll have to visit a lot more often!"


Female Rakshasa-spawn Tiefling Investigator 16 | HP 91/99 | AC 35 T 18 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +20 Will +15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +19 (free Insp) | Sense Motive +22 (free Insp)
DM Brainiac wrote:
The orc woman nods to Tigress. "Alright, missy. We'll help you out, but we want two things in return. First, we want amnesty for illegal border crossing from Andoran and a full pardon for the crimes we have been charged with here in Meratt. Second, we want the head of Sir Gul Gusiarne. On a pike."

We'll have to talk them about it. We should be able to swing the amnesty but I'm not gonna make any promises about Gusiarne until I've spoken to them first. If he's loyal to Lotheed then we're probably gonna have to go through him anyway in which case you'll get his head - might even have the chance to help us grab it, depending on how things work out. But the person we're thinking of bringing in to replace Lotheed doesn't make calls like that lightly, so we need to run it by them first. Besides; if we kill him, then he can't properly suffer for what he's done. Death's the easy way out for a+!~$#+s, I prefer to see 'em suffer."

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 1d6 + 10 ⇒ (2) + (4) + 10 = 16


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:93/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +43(48), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 8/8, 2: 7/7, 3: 7/7, 4: 6/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 3/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 18/17+1; Words: 12/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

"No." Melodie seesm to have made her mind up. "We're not going anywhere with you. If you really want to speak you can comewith us and we'll do it properly, like people. But I'm not banishing into the night. I have friends, responsibilities! There is some considerable venom in her voice on the last word.


Zileska - Mature Content:
"You are welcome here... any time! And I shall... happily reward you... again and again!" Telus grins up at Zileska, basking in the glorious sight of her naked body. His nails lightly scratch her back as she leans forward, and his lips meet hers. Soon, he groans, shudders, and fills her once more.

---

The halfling member of the Four Hoods doesn't seem satisfied with Tigress's answer. She looks up at Mockingbird. "And what say you? The Night Swan would never ask permission to mete out justice, and the gods know Gusairne has it coming to him in spades!"

---

"Insolent girl! You will be coming with me, conscious or not!" Kurana snarls.

Zhi Initiative: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19
Melodie Initiative: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (16) + 2 = 18
Kurana Initiative: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (11) + 10 = 21

Before Zhi or Melodie can react, the soucouyant begins to chant, invoking a lengthy power.

Zhi and Melodie may act. Unless interrupted, her spell-like ability will go off at the start of her next turn.


Pre-Marriage Alias

"Run Mel!" Zhi yells as she steps towards the creature. She hesitates slightly, unsure as to how her beloved wants this handled. At the last moment, she shifts her hold on her weapons and attempts to bash with the hilts.

Current AC: 14
Dex bonus is currently +4

Rapier Attack: 1d20 + 9 - 4 ⇒ (15) + 9 - 4 = 20 non-lethal
Rapier Damage: 1d6 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 5 = 11

If she started within a 5' step.
If so, subtract 2 from the rapier's to-hit roll.

Koriana's Blade Attack: 1d20 + 7 - 4 ⇒ (1) + 7 - 4 = 4 non-lethal
Koriana's Blade Damage: 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 2 = 4


Female Half-Elf Cleric 17 | HP 105/105 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +17 | Initiative +2 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 6/6 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Bit of Luck 8/8 | Good Fortune 2/2

With Baron Telus - Mature Content Warning:

Zileska's cadence increases and she moans repeatedly atop Telus. She grips him tightly and squirms as he digs into her back, then pushes herself up at the last moment. Telus' thrusting shaft distends her taut lower belly in her thin elfin frame. A slow shudder works its way through her body as she clenches and finally reaches her own climax, with the action prompting Telus' own release. She cries out once, then leans forward, a small shake rocking her body, then another after a few moments, and finally a third.

Panting from the exertion, she takes a few moments to compose herself, then she leans down to kiss Telus. She rocks her hips left and right in a slow rhythm and says, "That was a fun ride. I'm glad you enjoyed it."

As Telus subsides once more she dismounts him and lies beside him, resting a hand on his chest. "How do you feel?" she asks quietly.


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:93/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +43(48), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 8/8, 2: 7/7, 3: 7/7, 4: 6/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 3/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 18/17+1; Words: 12/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

"Stop!" Melodie commands, her voice fierce and passionate.

Hold Person, SR: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 So DC17 Will with -2 on the save.

Regardless of whether she passes or not

"I'm not going without you Zhi!" She cries in response, backing away from the conflict but not turning. "We go together or not at all!"


Pre-Marriage Alias

"Dammit, Mel! Go!" Zhi yells back.

If the Hold spell sticks...

Zhi reaches out and places the tip of her rapier at the neck of the hag.

"Say the word, printessa mea," she says, not taking her eyes off the creature.


Zileska - Mature Content:
"I feel like I've finally managed to shake off the last of the lingering trauma of a years-long curse," Telus says candidly, lying beside Zileska. "I honestly wasn't sure if I could ever truly feel like myself again, but with you... You've got a magic touch, my dear. I have to thank you again. Without your intervention... I shudder to think what might have become of me."

---

Kurana turns aside from Zhi's rapier, the blade scraping against her thick skin but not penetrating. Melodie's magic falters again against the hag, not affecting her.

Kurana finishes her chant, and both Melodie and Zhi feel very sleepy...

Melodie and Zhi must both make DC 17 Will saves or fall asleep! Kurana's actions will depend on the results.


Pre-Marriage Alias

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (18) + 4 = 22 DC 17

Zhi shakes off the drowsiness that attempts to insert itself into her mind.


Female Half-Elf Cleric 17 | HP 105/105 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +17 | Initiative +2 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 6/6 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Bit of Luck 8/8 | Good Fortune 2/2

With Baron Telus - Mature Content:

Zileska traces lazy circles on Telus' chest. "I'm glad I was able to find a way to save you from the curse," she says sincerely. "Especially with the 'reward' you've given me." She grins and tilts her head slightly and says, "You're a handsome man, Araig. I'm sure our future holds a great deal of enjoyment."

"Since I'll be staying the night... what do we have on the agenda for tomorrow? Aside from more of this, of course," she adds. :"I know you're a busy man and you need to set aside time for your responsibilities, and I can respect that, but if you wanted to show me the town or join you for an activity, I would enjoy that."


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:93/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +43(48), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 8/8, 2: 7/7, 3: 7/7, 4: 6/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 3/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 18/17+1; Words: 12/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

Will: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Melodie's willpower is sufficient to throw off the counterspell easily.

"It's not going to be that easy!" She hisses coldly, sounding more and more like her 'mother' by the second.


Seeing Zhi resist the spell, Kurana snarls and assaults her with claws and fangs. The hag tears into the rogue, snatching her and holding her against her body. Blood drips from her fangs as she presses them against Zhi's neck.

"Surrender to me, daughter, and I will spare your lover's life! Refuse and I will feast on her blood!"

Full Attack: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (13) + 18 = 311d20 + 18 ⇒ (4) + 18 = 221d20 + 18 ⇒ (9) + 18 = 27
Damage: 2d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 1) + 4 = 91d6 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 61d6 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10
Grab: 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (19) + 22 = 41

25 damage to Zhi, and she is being grappled. Zhi and Melodie may act!

---

Zileska:
"Of course, my dear. You are welcome to stay here as long as you like. It be my honor to have you accompany me tomorrow," Araig says. He looks down and kisses Zileska again.

We can probably stop using spoiler tags now.


Pre-Marriage Alias

"Never! Zhi snarls through the pain as she twists to break free of the hag's grasp.

Escape Artist vs Grapple: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


Female Half-Elf Cleric 17 | HP 105/105 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +17 | Initiative +2 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 6/6 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Bit of Luck 8/8 | Good Fortune 2/2

With Baron Telus

"Glad to hear it," says Zileska as she continues to snuggle with Araig. "We do make a fetching pair. If there's anything I can help with, do let me know... or we can do anything at all. Visit a garden, listen to a musician, or just take care of paperwork for your administrative duties."


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:93/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +43(48), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 8/8, 2: 7/7, 3: 7/7, 4: 6/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 3/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 18/17+1; Words: 12/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

If Zhi escapes

"Run Zhi, we have to run!" Melodie rushes forward to grab her lover and pull her away from Kurana.

Implant Mesmeric Mirror on Zhi so she has a chance of living through this!

---------------------
If Zhi doesn't escape
"All right! I'll come with you! Just let her go!"

Melodie approaches Zhi and kisses her deeply. "Remember. I love you, more than anything. I'll come back soon. Now go, I can't let anything happen to you."

Implant Gift of Will, just in case...

Then she approaches her 'mother'. "So?"

----------------------
Mummy Dearest is so out of our league right now...


Zhi fails to escape Kurana's clutches. The hag cackles when Melodie surrenders. "I'm glad you decided to come to your senses. So, what will it be, lover girl? Will you respect my daughter's wishes?" She has yet to release Zhi, waiting for her reaction.


Pre-Marriage Alias

"NO!" Zhi snarls back at the creature. "No," she repeats, looking at Melodie. Tears of anger and frustration begin to fall from her eyes. "No, Mel!"

Her voice fills with pain and betrayal.

"You can't leave me, Melodie!" she says, her voice breaking. "Don't leave me."

She looks back at the creature holding her.

"Take me too! Take me with you."


DM Brainiac wrote:

The halfling member of the Four Hoods doesn't seem satisfied with Tigress's answer. She looks up at Mockingbird. "And what say you? The Night Swan would never ask permission to mete out justice, and the gods know Gusairne has it coming to him in spades!”

Sara tilts her head. "Swan will not hesitate should the man enter their path, of that I can assure you. But one thing I have learned from them is that while the Night Swan does not ask permission, they do their own handiwork. I refuse to make a promise on the behalf of myself, the Swan, or anyone. If you want Guisarne dead, ensure it. Take charge and kill him yourself. There will never be a better opportunity than this one. Join us and prove yourselves champions and heroes of the common folk."

Dip: 1d20 + 18 ⇒ (6) + 18 = 24


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:93/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +43(48), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 8/8, 2: 7/7, 3: 7/7, 4: 6/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 3/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 18/17+1; Words: 12/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation
Mai Zhi wrote:

Her voice fills with pain and betrayal.

"You can't leave me, Melodie!" she says, her voice breaking. "Don't leave me."

"And I can't let you die either." Melodie whispers back. "You mean more to me than life itself. And besides," She cracks a small, weak smile. "How can my knight come and rescue me if she's with me the whole time?"

Melodie kisses the tears from Zhi's cheeks slowly, savoring the taste of her fiancee. "We will be together again, soon. I promise!"

Will Save Zhi - DC18, and I'm not giving you Gift of Will for this :) Hold Person.


Pre-Marriage Alias

Will Save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (2) + 4 = 6

"Please, Mel... " Zhi manages to gasp out before the spell takes hold.


Kurana laughs as Melodie's spell takes hold. "Excellent, my dear! Such a cruel betrayal of your lover's trust. It warms my heart." She shoves the paralyzed Zhi to the ground and laughs.

"Come along, now. Let us--"

Longbow: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

An arrow suddenly embeds itself in the ground beside Kurana. She snarls and whirls as the sound of pounding hoofbeats approaches. Baron Okerra spurs his mount towards the hag, longbow in hand, his nightclothes flapping in the wind. "Get away from them, you fiend!" he bellows, voice echoing across the lakeside.

Kurana shrieks and glares at Melodie. "This isn't over! I'll be back for you!" Then the pale hag's body suddenly bursts into flames as she transforms into a ball of fire! The crackling ball shoots up into the sky, rocketing away like a comet as it soars over Lake Pensaris!

Okerra brings his horse to a halt and swiftly dismounts, hurrying to Zhi's side. "Selli heard you two sneaking out and alerted me. Are you alright? Did that monster hurt you?"

---

"No matter what we do together, I am certain that I will enjoy it. But for now, I think I have a little bit of energy left... If you want to try to go for a third round..." Araig smiles slyly.

We can fade to black and skip ahead to the morning if you'd like.

---

The Four Hoods confer for a few minutes before turning back to Mockingbird and Tigress. "Very well. When the time comes to assault the Palace of Birdsong, we will join with you and the Night Swan and try to take down Gul ourselves. But, we still need assurances of amnesty. A direct promise from your patron."


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:93/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +43(48), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 8/8, 2: 7/7, 3: 7/7, 4: 6/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 3/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 18/17+1; Words: 12/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

Melodie barely spares the departing fireball a glance, running to Zhi and cradling her unresisting body. "I'm sorry Zhi, I'm so sorry!" She murmurs, splashing hot tears onto her fiancee's face.

"Please don't hate me..."


"After this, not only will you receive your amnesty but you could almost ask for a knighthood should that please you."

She stands and offers her hand for shaking.

"A pleasure. When the Mockingbird sings, I trust you'll answer."


Female Rakshasa-spawn Tiefling Investigator 16 | HP 91/99 | AC 35 T 18 FF 29 | Fort +10 Ref +20 Will +15 | Initiative +5 | Perception +19 (free Insp) | Sense Motive +22 (free Insp)

Maria managed to hide her relief at how Sara's move had gone down. She'd been ready for the two of them to be at semi-cross purposes on killing Gul and had already thought of a few compromises there. She was glad that they weren't needed.

"Like I said; I'm pretty sure we can swing the amnesty. We'll get in touch with them, work something out, shouldn't take too long to arrange."

Here I was; all set with a counter-argument to the halfling's position and Sara goes and makes them entirely needless. Thanks for that. :P


Pre-Marriage Alias

Once the spell wears off, Zhi rolls away from Melodie's arms. Tears stream down her face as she staggers to her feet.

"You were going to leave me!" she yells through her sobs. She slaps at Melodie's shoulder. "Don't you ever do that to me!"

She begins to shake.

"Don't you ever ... "

Her sobs begin to overcome her and she steps forward and wraps her arms around her love and pulls her in tight, blood smearing all across Melodie's nightclothes.

"Don't you ever ... do that ... to me," she continues to whimper into Melodie's chest.


All four Hoods shake Mockingbird's hand, agreeing to the arrangement. "This is going to be fun! Bartelby has had it coming for a long time now."

---

Nicolaus gasps at the extent of Zhi's injuries. "By the gods! You need a healer! We must get you to Lady Paril in Lotheedar at once! You... Those could be infected! You're not dying while on my watch!"


Pre-Marriage Alias

Zhi seems oblivious to Nicolaus's concerns, continuing to hold Melodie close.


Female Half-Elf Cleric 17 | HP 105/105 | AC 21 T 14 FF 19 | Fort +12 Ref +9 Will +17 | Initiative +2 | Perception +8 | Channel Energy 6/6 | Dazing Touch 8/8 | Bit of Luck 8/8 | Good Fortune 2/2

With Baron Telus

"I could go another round..." says Zileska with an impish smile.

*fade to black*


Female NG Changeling Mesmerist (Vox) 17 | HP:93/93 | AC: 25 (17 Tch, 21 Fl) | CMB: 11, CMD: 25 | F: +8, R: +17, W: +17 | Init: +8 | Perc/SM +23, Bluff +43(48), Dip +38, I +34, Dis +34, UMD +22, Spcft + 18, KnwA +16| Speed 30ft | Spells: 1: 8/8, 2: 7/7, 3: 7/7, 4: 6/6, 5: 6/6, 6: 3/3 | Tricks: Alac, Curse (M), Free (M), Gift, Visions (M) 18/17+1; Words: 12/12 | Mask: DT (DC20) 9/9, TS 1/1 | Active: See Invisbility, Echolocation

Melodie does the same, weeping into Zhi's hair as the whole horror of the situation begins to sink in.

She eventually recovers herself enough to lift her tear-stained eyes to Nicolaus. "Zileska can cure her just as well as Lady Paril. Please Nicolaus - we just need to go home!"

2,601 to 2,650 of 6,814 << first < prev | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Brainiac's War for the Crown: Table 1 Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.