DM Bigrin's Second Darkness

Game Master bigrin42

A foul omen looms in the sky over the scoundrel city of Riddleport, an ominous shadow that defies the light. Is it a curse laid millennia ago by forgotten mages? Does it forewarn against the return of some terrible foe? Or does it portend a terrible


7,451 to 7,500 of 8,457 << first < prev | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | next > last >>

Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 92, AC 26/18/21, F +11*, R +9*, W +13*, Init +8, Per +21 Inquisitor 10

Eep! Poor archon. Oh well, better him than Bruendor, I guess! Also, GM, I should be one square to the left.

Quick stats:

HP 76/76
AC 26/29, touch 18, flat-footed 21/24
Fort +10*, Ref +9*, Will +12*; CMD 24
Divine retribution (DC 16) 0/6; Judgments 0/3; Bane 2/9; Discern lies 0/8
cold iron arrows 0/29; elf-bane arrows 0/3; human bane arrows 0/4
Spells: 0/5 (first-level); 0/5 (second level); 1/4 (third level) Consumables: Gravity Bow ring 0/3
Effects: Heroism (+2 to attack rolls, saves, skill checks), 90 mins., courageously inspired (+2 damage [morale bonus to hit doesn't stack with heroism])

Calla's hands almost seem to blur as she continues to fire arrow after arrow from her endless quiver toward whichever of the creatures looks most injured.

+1 adaptive composite longbow (rapid shot, deadly aim, point blank): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 26
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 7 + 2 + (4, 3) + 2 = 20
+1 adaptive composite longbow (rapid shot, deadly aim, point blank): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 + (6, 4) + 2 = 24
+1 adaptive composite longbow (rapid shot, deadly aim, point blank): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 25
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (5) + 7 + 2 + (6, 4) + 2 = 26


SFS Signup sheet
Calumny "Calla" Tas'vere wrote:

Eep! Poor archon. Oh well, better him than Bruendor, I guess! Also, GM, I should be one square to the left.

Oops, fixed!


Male Goblin Wizard 11 (Abjurer); Init +2; Fly 40 ft.; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +5; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 16; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural, +4 armour), hp 58/77; Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +9

Anklebiter curses in Goblin -- then chants in Draconic.
Almost immediately, the rest of the team feels a burst of exhiliration and acceleration!

Haste for all!


Male(HP:(87/168; DR 2(3 when raging);AC:22/12/22;F+16,R+7,W+6;Init +0;Per +13) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 11

Lefrik is grateful for the healing, if not for the oracle keeping him in the fight he'd down by now. The odd lack of endurance is strange, he's not sure what to make of it.

I'm ignorant of item save rules so what I looked up was "Magical Items: Magic items always get saving throws. A magic item’s Fortitude, Reflex, and Will save bonuses are equal to 2 + half its caster level. An attended magic item either makes saving throws as its owner or uses its own saving throw bonus, whichever is better." Not sure what the item's level is so not sure if it's better. Replace 7 with other if higher?

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (14) + 7 = 21

for his own save against Fort to prevent MORE Con loss 1d20 + 14 ⇒ (3) + 14 = 17

EDit:Oh for the love of...

Another rotting wound, another weakening

Realizing he's getting hit no matter what he does and even this new armor is threatening to be ripped open, he rages. He's got a lot to rage about!

+4 to STR & Con, +2 to will saves, -2 to AC (Though Haste will give on back for Dodge purposes so YAY?

And renews a savage onslaught on his foe, aided by Anklebitter's spell which speeds his rage.
Bonuses for Bane, Rage, Inspire Courage and Haste included

To hit #1 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30
Dmg: 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (8) + 15 = 23 plus Bane 2d6 ⇒ (6, 6) = 12

To hit #2 (thanks, Haste) 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (7) + 22 = 29
Dmg: 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (2) + 15 = 17 plus Bane 2d6 ⇒ (6, 2) = 8

To hit #3 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (5) + 17 = 22

Dmg: 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 plus Bane 2d6 ⇒ (1, 5) = 6

This is the first battle he's ever used a Bastard sword in, let alone a cold iron one. He's got to admit, the pain he returns to these things is gratifying.


half-elf Oracle 11 | HP 91 | AC 27/15/24 | F +6, R +7, W +9(+2) | init +3, Perception +7 | CMB +9, CMD 24

Kel continues healing Lefrik's wounds.

DC 23 concentration: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (6) + 9 + 4 + 5 = 24

cure critical wounds: 4d8 + 9 ⇒ (2, 6, 5, 6) + 9 = 28


HP 72/110, AC 24/13/22, F +12, R +14, W +5, Init +2, Per +14 (+17 traps)

Bruendor watches as his friends struggle to defeat the other demon, and he realizes that if he doesn't give the beast some reason to pay attention to him, then Lefrik will be a much more tempting target. He lashes out with his blade, trying to cause enough sting so that it focuses at him for the moment.

Full attack! AC is currently 24 due to haste.
Attack 1A, haste, inspire courage: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (9) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 24
Damage 1A, inspire courage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8
Attack 1B, haste, inspire courage: 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (14) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 29
Damage 1B, inspire courage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (1) + 5 + 2 = 8
Attack 2, haste, inspire courage: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (20) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 30
Damage 2, inspire courage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13
Crit?, haste, inspire courage: 1d20 + 7 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (11) + 7 + 1 + 2 = 21
Crit Damage, inspire courage: 1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (2) + 5 + 2 = 9


SFS Signup sheet

Gm screen:

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (8) + 19 = 27
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2) + 9 = 12
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 4) + 9 = 17
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (10) + 19 = 29
2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2) + 9 = 15

confirm 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (14) + 19 = 33
2d4 + 9 ⇒ (1, 4) + 9 = 14

1d20 + 19 ⇒ (20) + 19 = 39
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (5, 3) + 9 = 17
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (15) + 19 = 34
2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2) + 9 = 15
1d20 + 19 ⇒ (3) + 19 = 22
2d4 + 9 ⇒ (4, 2) + 9 = 15

confirm 1d20 + 19 ⇒ (5) + 19 = 24
2d6 + 9 ⇒ (4, 5) + 9 = 18

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (8) + 7 = 15

Lefrik tried to twist and save his armor, but the bebilith simply snatched it from him, rending it asunder in the process. In response, Lefrik roared in fury, gaining both strength and stature even as his wounds rotted. His strikes were amazingly powerful, shearing off two of the bebilith's legs and splitting its mouth with a wide gash. Lefrik could feel his wounds closing slightly as Kelendra healed him once more, keeping the barbarian going, even as the demon-spider attacked once more. The dripping maw ripped into his wounded shoulder, and Lefrik almost lost use of his left arm. Then the claws came slashing in, one rupturing his right kidney. Lefrik sagged with the pain, but managed to stay standing, somehow.

The other bebilith laughed at Bruendor's paltry attacks, and the dwarf's dagger only managed to get through its demonic hide once, and that for what was barely more than a scratch. It stopped laughing as the first of Calla's arrows bit into its flesh, though, and the laughter turn to screams of pain as another followed it. The creature lashed out at Bruendor, more because the dwarf was in front of it than because the dwarf had done any real damage. one claw dug deeply into the dwarf's left leg, but the bigger danger was the mouth and its dissolving juices. The demon spider grabbed Bruendor at the juncture of neck and shoulder, tearing away a huge bloody chunk and setting its rotting juices to work there.

Quilindra called out in a strange tongue and the bebilith fighting Bruendor froze in mid attack, trembling. The bard also trembled, pitting her will against the demon's, holding it in place.

Round 3-4:

The rot sets into Lefrik's wound and he takes 2 Con damage

Lefrik receives 28 healing

Lefrik takes 3 hits (1 crit) for 55 damage and must make a DC23 Fort save to avoid another 2 Con damage

Bruendor takes 2 hits (1 crit) for 50 damage and must make a DC23 Fort save to avoid 2 Con damage

Everyone receives +2 from Quilindra's Inspire Courage effect

The bebilith fighting Bruendor is paralyzed for now!

in bold may act
R3: calla, anklebiter, creatures, lefrik, bruendor, quilindra, kelendra
R4: calla, anklebiter, creatures, lefrik, bruendor, quilindra, kelendra

Here's the map

current hit point status:

anklebiter -0
bruendor -50
calla -0
kelendra -0
lefrik -93 (-4 CON)


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 92, AC 26/18/21, F +11*, R +9*, W +13*, Init +8, Per +21 Inquisitor 10

Quick stats:

HP 76/76
AC 26/29, touch 18, flat-footed 21/24
Fort +10*, Ref +9*, Will +12*; CMD 24
Divine retribution (DC 16) 0/6; Judgments 0/3; Bane 3/9; Discern lies 0/8
cold iron arrows 0/29; elf-bane arrows 0/3; human bane arrows 0/4
Spells: 0/5 (first-level); 0/5 (second level); 1/4 (third level) Consumables: Gravity Bow ring 0/3
Effects: Heroism (+2 to attack rolls, saves, skill checks), 90 mins., courageously inspired (+2 damage [morale bonus to hit doesn't stack with heroism])

"Good job, Quilindra" Calla calls out, switching targets to try to put down Lefrik's attacker as the more immediate threat. Lefrik acts first, so it's possible it may already be down before she goes; obviously any arrows not needed to put the bebilith down goes toward Bruendor's

Added in Coordinated Shot, which I just realized I'd been forgetting in this fight. +1 for Lefrik/Bruendor threatening it
+1 adaptive composite longbow (rapid shot, deadly aim, point blank): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (3) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 17
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 7 + 2 + (1, 4) + 2 = 20

+1 adaptive composite longbow (rapid shot, deadly aim, point blank): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (6) + 10 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 20
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 + (3, 2) + 2 = 24

+1 adaptive composite longbow (rapid shot, deadly aim, point blank): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 5 + 2 + 1 + 1 = 22
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 + 2d6 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 + (3, 1) + 2 = 22


Male Goblin Wizard 11 (Abjurer); Init +2; Fly 40 ft.; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +5; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 16; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural, +4 armour), hp 58/77; Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +9

Cursing under his breath, Anklebiter takes a step to the side and utters an incantation known and feared wherever adventurers gather to loot and boast about it. A bead of flame whizzes forth from his hand, passes between the two bebiliths, and erupts into a raging inferno behind them!

Anklebiter moves to AW 36, casts Fireball to erupt at AO 36 for 9d6 ⇒ (1, 2, 3, 6, 2, 1, 3, 1, 1) = 20 fire damage. Ref. DC 18 for half.


Male(HP:(87/168; DR 2(3 when raging);AC:22/12/22;F+16,R+7,W+6;Init +0;Per +13) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 11

thank goodness for Rage bonus to Con to balance things out fort save wise Fort Save
1d20 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25

Lefrik hopes to finish off his foe while the other is paralyzed, fury filling him... dammit! He liked that armor. It fit nicely.

To hit #1 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (8) + 22 = 30
dmg: 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (5) + 15 = 20 plus Bane 2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

To hit #2 (Haste) 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24

Dmg: 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (7) + 15 = 22 plus Bane 2d6 ⇒ (5, 2) = 7

To hit #3 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30

Dmg: 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (10) + 15 = 25 plus Bane 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7


SFS Signup sheet

Botting Bruendor and Kelendra

GM screen:

cure critical wounds 4d8 + 9 ⇒ (6, 1, 6, 1) + 9 = 23

Attack 1A, haste, inspire courage 1d20 + 12 + 1 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 12 + 1 + 2 = 18
Damage 1A, inspire courage1d8 + 5 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 5 + 2 = 13 + SA 3d6 ⇒ (3, 4, 2) = 9
3d6 ⇒ (2, 6, 3) = 11

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
1d20 + 11 ⇒ (17) + 11 = 28

Lefrik dove at the bebilith in front of him, desperately hacking away at it in his fury. One mandible was shattered, then another. The second front leg spun off in a crack of chitin and a spray of ichor. Then came the explosion. Anklebiter's fireball tore the badly wounded demon spider apart, and severely wounded the other. Bruendor took advantage of the frozen foe's paralysis to step to its opposite side, calling for Lefrik to flank with him, which the barbarian did. Bruendor's blade hacked at the creature's abdomen, but failed to penetrate. Calla shifted her aim to the paralyzed creature, but all but one of her arrows skipped off the creature's naturally tough armor.

Round 4-5:

Lefrik receives 23 healing

The bebilith fighting Bruendor is paralyzed for now!

in bold may act
R4: calla, anklebiter, creatures, lefrik, bruendor, quilindra, kelendra
R5: calla, anklebiter, creatures, lefrik, bruendor, quilindra, kelendra

Here's the map

current hit point status:

anklebiter -0
bruendor -50
calla -0
kelendra -0
lefrik -70 (-4 CON)


Male(HP:(87/168; DR 2(3 when raging);AC:22/12/22;F+16,R+7,W+6;Init +0;Per +13) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 11

Lefrik gives an almost beastial roar as one went down! Then turned to the other.

Even in his rage he tries to heed calls to shift so that his allies might take advantage

Much same as last time, he'll try to keep providing Brue a chance to flank. Yay cold iron

to hit #1 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (2) + 22 = 24
dmg: 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 plus bane2d6 ⇒ (1, 1) = 2

to hit #2 1d20 + 22 ⇒ (18) + 22 = 40
dmg: 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16 plus bane2d6 ⇒ (2, 2) = 4

to hit #3 hasted 1d20 + 17 ⇒ (13) + 17 = 30
dmg: 1d10 + 15 ⇒ (6) + 15 = 21 plus bane2d6 ⇒ (4, 2) = 6


Male Goblin Wizard 11 (Abjurer); Init +2; Fly 40 ft.; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +5; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 16; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural, +4 armour), hp 58/77; Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +9

'That worked?' Anklebiter thinks, stunned.

Then the dead bebilith falls to the earth, and the little Wizard is galvanized. 'It worked!'

"Die, you freak! Die!" he shouts at the remaining bebilith, then chants one of his favourite incantations if it is still upright after Lefrik's brutal assault. A spray of magical darts flies forth to impact the extraplanar predator.

If the others haven't killed the thing yet, Anklebiter casts Magic missile for 5d4 + 5 ⇒ (4, 2, 2, 2, 2) + 5 = 17 force damage.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 92, AC 26/18/21, F +11*, R +9*, W +13*, Init +8, Per +21 Inquisitor 10

Quick stats:

HP 76/76
AC 26/29, touch 18, flat-footed 21/24
Fort +10*, Ref +9*, Will +12*; CMD 24
Divine retribution (DC 16) 0/6; Judgments 0/3; Bane 3/9; Discern lies 0/8
cold iron arrows 0/29; elf-bane arrows 0/3; human bane arrows 0/4
Spells: 0/5 (first-level); 0/5 (second level); 1/4 (third level) Consumables: Gravity Bow ring 0/3
Effects: Heroism (+2 to attack rolls, saves, skill checks), 90 mins., courageously inspired (+2 damage [morale bonus to hit doesn't stack with heroism])

Calla fires three more arrows, one hitting right into the beast's gaping maw as the assault continues. 28 damage on the one shot, assuming a 28 hits; not sure if the 23 hits.

+1 adaptive composite longbow (rapid shot, deadly aim, point blank): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 23
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16
+1 adaptive composite longbow (rapid shot, deadly aim, point blank): 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 33
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 7 + 2 = 16
+1 adaptive composite longbow (rapid shot, deadly aim, point blank): 1d20 + 5 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 5 + 2 + 1 = 12
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (8) + 7 + 2 = 17

Crit?: 1d20 + 10 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (15) + 10 + 2 + 1 = 28
Damage: 1d8 + 7 + 2 ⇒ (3) + 7 + 2 = 12


SFS Signup sheet

You've narrowed it down enough. AC is 22 normally, less any penalties for being paralyzed (hint, hint)


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 92, AC 26/18/21, F +11*, R +9*, W +13*, Init +8, Per +21 Inquisitor 10

So then 28 damage, and 16 damage, minus any DR


half-elf Oracle 11 | HP 91 | AC 27/15/24 | F +6, R +7, W +9(+2) | init +3, Perception +7 | CMB +9, CMD 24

Kel continues to heal Lefrik's wounds.

DC 23 concentration: 1d20 + 9 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 9 + 4 + 5 = 36

cure critical wounds: 4d8 + 9 ⇒ (8, 8, 4, 5) + 9 = 34


SFS Signup sheet

Botting Bruendor again

Gm screen:

coup de grace
Damage, inspire courage: 2d8 + 10 + 4 ⇒ (7, 8) + 10 + 4 = 29 + SA: 3d6 ⇒ (4, 4, 6) = 14

Down to one foe, everyone concentrated on killing the bebilith before it could shake off Quilindra's spell. Lefrik hacked at the creature in a blind fury, sending chips of chitin and ichor flying. Calla stood back and launched another trio of arrows, to catch it in the maw and torso with two. Anklebiter's magical missiles blasted into the creature. Bruendor looked at the others, then slowly and carefully lined up his blow with the back of the demon spider's head and thrust downwards. The blade severed the creature's spine and the bebilith slammed to the ground.

Lefrik received 34 healing from Kelendra, leaving him down 36 hp, and with 4 CON damage


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 92, AC 26/18/21, F +11*, R +9*, W +13*, Init +8, Per +21 Inquisitor 10

Looks like it's dead?

"What a lovely greeting," Calla grouses. "Is everyone OK? Should we expect more of those things?"

She looks around for more immediate threats, bow still in her hand.

Perception: 1d20 + 20 ⇒ (12) + 20 = 32


Male Goblin Wizard 11 (Abjurer); Init +2; Fly 40 ft.; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +5; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 16; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural, +4 armour), hp 58/77; Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +9

"I think we should focus on fixing up Lefrik," Anklebiter suggests. "What a shame about the noqual armour… I can try to fix it, but I'd need a new spell. Make whole."


HP 72/110, AC 24/13/22, F +12, R +14, W +5, Init +2, Per +14 (+17 traps)

Thanks, bossman. This is literally the first time I've had since I left to check the boards.

Bruendor rode the bebelith to the ground, placing his full weight against the blade to drive his blade up to the hilt in the demon's body. He remained there for a few moments, feeling the beast's death throes slow and eventually still. "By Torag's teats, those things were engines of death. Everyone still have all their bits?" Because I'm not sure I do, he thought.


Male(HP:(87/168; DR 2(3 when raging);AC:22/12/22;F+16,R+7,W+6;Init +0;Per +13) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 11

His rage fading, the barbarian coughs "What did that thing do to me?"

Quote:
"I think we should focus on fixing up Lefrik," Anklebiter suggests. "What a shame about the noqual armour… I can try to fix it, but I'd need a new spell. Make whole."

Another Cough then a nod "I would like that. It was damn good armor."


half-elf Oracle 11 | HP 91 | AC 27/15/24 | F +6, R +7, W +9(+2) | init +3, Perception +7 | CMB +9, CMD 24

Kel heals the party's wounds, First Lefrik...

Lesser Restoration, Lefrik: 1d4 ⇒ 2

Lesser Restoration, Lefrik: 1d4 ⇒ 1

Lesser Restoration, Lefrik: 1d4 ⇒ 4

Cure Light Wounds, Lefrik: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Cure Light Wounds, Lefrik: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (2) + 5 = 7

Cure Light Wounds, Lefrik: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (5) + 5 = 10

Cure Light Wounds, Lefrik: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

...then Bruendor.

Cure Serious Wounds, Brue: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (1, 2, 3) + 9 = 15

Cure Serious Wounds, Brue: 3d8 + 9 ⇒ (4, 3, 7) + 9 = 23

Cure Light Wounds, Brue: 1d8 + 5 ⇒ (7) + 5 = 12


Male(HP:(87/168; DR 2(3 when raging);AC:22/12/22;F+16,R+7,W+6;Init +0;Per +13) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 11

"I can breathe again, thank you" Lefrik says to Kelendra


HP 72/110, AC 24/13/22, F +12, R +14, W +5, Init +2, Per +14 (+17 traps)

"Thanks, Kel," Bruendor says, dismounting from the bebelith's back. "Everyone take a minute to catch your breaths, and then we're moving on before something decides to investigate why everything went silent. Quilindra, where's the next portal? The sooner we're away from the demon wood, the better."


Male(HP:(87/168; DR 2(3 when raging);AC:22/12/22;F+16,R+7,W+6;Init +0;Per +13) Human (Ulfen) Barbarian 11

Lefrik tests the sword, "I really need to practice with this thing. It's a good blade against their kind." He frowns "Ah, guess I better switch back into my old armor"


Male Goblin Wizard 11 (Abjurer); Init +2; Fly 40 ft.; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +5; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 16; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural, +4 armour), hp 58/77; Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +9

"Didn't we pick up some extra stuff from the Elf tower in the horrible undead-land...?"


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 92, AC 26/18/21, F +11*, R +9*, W +13*, Init +8, Per +21 Inquisitor 10

I believe this is our destination, Brue. Also, GM, don't forget the Perception check above when you get a chance, please.

"We can probably expect more demons, unfortunately," Calla says. "Do we want to try to hold up somewhere and get situated -- assuming we can find a place to hide -- or head straight for our destination?"


SFS Signup sheet

Quilindra seems to stare at the bebiliths in horror for a bit before snapping out of it and answering Bruendor's query. "There aren't any more. This is our last stop. Thorn's end is only a handful of miles that way. It's all rough ground and swamp, but it isn't too far."

Cala listened to Brue and Quilindra with half an ear as she scanned the surrounding swamps. She saw no signs of other attackers, though swamps were known to be dangerous places in general, and one filled with demons was likely to be even worse.

Oops, In all the confusion of travel I forgot to mention...DING! Level on up!


HP 72/110, AC 24/13/22, F +12, R +14, W +5, Init +2, Per +14 (+17 traps)

"Oh, right," Bruendor replies. Truth be told, in all the chaos, he'd forgotten that this was the end of the line. "Call it wishful thinking that I'd hoped we weren't going to be crawling through a demon swamp. I can travel, but then again, I also don't use magic, so I'll defer to those that do. Kel? Calla? AB?"

Also, yay ding!


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 92, AC 26/18/21, F +11*, R +9*, W +13*, Init +8, Per +21 Inquisitor 10

"I can travel if we need," Calla says.

I've used some resources (mostly bane), so not ideal if we're heading into a dungeon, but I don't know that we're going to get any better since we could be interrupted en route. That said, do we get access to any new abilities without resting?


SFS Signup sheet

You get access to new abilities and spell slots, but you can't fill the spell slots until you rest.


half-elf Oracle 11 | HP 91 | AC 27/15/24 | F +6, R +7, W +9(+2) | init +3, Perception +7 | CMB +9, CMD 24

"I can travel as well, but my blessings have been mostly used for the day. I'm afraid I won't be able to heal our wounds if we encounter another threat like those things." Kel turns a disgusted look at the monstrous creatures. "If we could find shelter, I may be able to request a blessing that would aid our travel through the swamp?"


Male Goblin Wizard 11 (Abjurer); Init +2; Fly 40 ft.; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +5; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 16; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural, +4 armour), hp 58/77; Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +9

"Of all the days for me not to study the little house-spell... I can travel, but Kelendra is most important. On the upside, I think demons fear bebilith; they eat them for pleasure. This might be safer than other places?"


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 92, AC 26/18/21, F +11*, R +9*, W +13*, Init +8, Per +21 Inquisitor 10

"Unless someone else comes through," Calla observes acidly. "Let's see if we can find a place to hide nearby, though."

Survival (+5 to track): 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (4) + 12 = 16 Ugh; not with that roll. Though it's actually 1 better than when I tried to post during the website troubles. It would be a 21 if we want to try to track the bebiliths back to their lair (if they have one) in case AB's theory is right.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 92, AC 26/18/21, F +11*, R +9*, W +13*, Init +8, Per +21 Inquisitor 10

Looks like we're back, everyone. We seem to be looking for a place to rest and recover from that fight. Don't forget if you still need to level up.


SFS Signup sheet

Maybe, just maybe, the forums are back up for a while. I need to know what you are doing so I can set the stage. As a reminder, you almost died :p


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 92, AC 26/18/21, F +11*, R +9*, W +13*, Init +8, Per +21 Inquisitor 10

We're looking for a place to rest and recover from that fight. Survival role is above.


SFS Signup sheet

Given the nature of the swamp you are in, and the decrepit condition of the elfgate that you came through, killing the bebiliths might have made this the safest place you could possibly be. Moving farther into the swamp might put you in some other creatures' territory, and nothing is likely to come within the territory of a bebilith.


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 92, AC 26/18/21, F +11*, R +9*, W +13*, Init +8, Per +21 Inquisitor 10

Perfect.

"I think Gobbles is right. Let's set up camp nearby -- make sure we're out of sight of the gate itself in case anyone or thing else comes through -- and get started again tomorrow."

AB, next level, you need to learn mage's private sanctum.


HP 72/110, AC 24/13/22, F +12, R +14, W +5, Init +2, Per +14 (+17 traps)

"I'll take first watch," Bruendor remarks, though it is in a tone that brooks little debate. "Get your rest, AB, and get those magics back. The sooner we move out from here, the better."


half-elf Oracle 11 | HP 91 | AC 27/15/24 | F +6, R +7, W +9(+2) | init +3, Perception +7 | CMB +9, CMD 24

Kel is grateful for the decision to rest and volunteers for the second watch. As the party makes camp, she pulls forth her dark, dotted cloth. "What questions should we ask of the stars?" she consults the party and begins studying the patterns.

We get 9 yes/no type questions per Star Chart (Ex)

Star Chart and Commune:

Star Chart (Ex): Your copious notes contain a working model of the night sky expressed in artistic scribbles and arcane mathematical formulae. Once per day, you may spend 10 minutes contemplating your star chart to gain the benefit of the spell commune

Commune: You contact your deity—or agents thereof—and ask questions that can be answered by a simple yes or no. (A cleric of no particular deity contacts a philosophically allied deity.) You are allowed one such question per caster level. The answers given are correct within the limits of the entity's knowledge. "Unclear" is a legitimate answer, because powerful beings of the Outer Planes are not necessarily omniscient. In cases where a one-word answer would be misleading or contrary to the deity's interests, a short phrase (five words or less) may be given as an answer instead.

The spell, at best, provides information to aid character decisions. The entities contacted structure their answers to further their own purposes. If you lag, discuss the answers, or go off to do anything else, the spell ends.

Possible Questions:
Kel doesn't voice it, but one question will be "does Quilindra intend us harm?". We could also inquire about safest passage through the swamp and our next destination. Possible questions:
1. does Quilindra intend us harm?
2. is Thorn's End within 5 miles?
3. is the direction of Thorn's End aligned with Quilindra's directions?
4. are the key members of the Winter Council at Thorn's End?
5. is anyone waiting to ambush us in the swamp?
6. is anyone waiting to ambush us in Thorn's End?
7. is there danger nearby?
8. is there valuable treasure nearby?
9. in order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?


Half-Elf (Chelaxian) Female HP 92, AC 26/18/21, F +11*, R +9*, W +13*, Init +8, Per +21 Inquisitor 10

Thoughts on the questions:

1. Good question (though I don't know how you're going to convey that you plan to ask this with Quilindra there.
2. Not sure we need this question. Does it get us any actionable information?
3. Maybe something more like "Does Quilindra plan to lead us directly to Thorn's End?
4-6. Yes.
7. I think this one's going to be too obvious a yes.
8. Also not sure what this can bring us.
9. African or European?

Some other possible questions to replace 2, 7 and 8:
2. Is any longlasting alliance possible with any of the Winter Council?
7. Can we rest here this evening without interruption?
8. Um ... I'm stumped. Can't think of anything else we can ask that will get us useful information.


HP 72/110, AC 24/13/22, F +12, R +14, W +5, Init +2, Per +14 (+17 traps)

Why are we spoilering these? :p:

8. If we proceed directly towards Thorn's End, will we run afoul of any of the denizens of the swamp?

Rationale: We know there will most likely be baddies at our destination, so we want to maximize our first chance to strike. As a result, we'd like to be as fresh as possible when that happens. If there's another bebelith lair or something else horrible waiting for us en route, it might behoove us to take a slightly longer route, and save our strengths for the fights we can't avoid.


SFS Signup sheet

No hurry, just letting you all know I am here...and that time is ticking away...and I'm not getting any younger... :D


Male Goblin Wizard 11 (Abjurer); Init +2; Fly 40 ft.; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +5; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 16; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural, +4 armour), hp 58/77; Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +9
Calumny "Calla" Tas'vere wrote:
AB, next level, you need to learn mage's private sanctum.

I love that spell! ^_^ In a Rise of the Runelords-game, my Half-Orc Evoker learned it, and applied a permanent version to our home base... our own, personal demiplane. I'd love to do something similar for this party.


Male Goblin Wizard 11 (Abjurer); Init +2; Fly 40 ft.; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +5; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 16; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural, +4 armour), hp 58/77; Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +9

"I will rest," Anklebiter agrees, "but I am still full of spells. If you like, I can cast a few spells, make it easier for us to camp here. I can cast an extended Invisibility sphere, and an extended Communal protection against fire. That way, even if I am not standing guard with you all, I will be helping those who are... for a bit."


Male Goblin Wizard 11 (Abjurer); Init +2; Fly 40 ft.; Darkvision 60 ft,; Perception +5; AC 18 (touch 14, flatfooted 16; +2 Dex., +1 size, +1 natural, +4 armour), hp 58/77; Fort +6; Ref +6; Will +9

Questions:

Can we reach Thorn's End in one day, or do we need to camp out in the swamp?
Are there many spellcasters at Thorn's End?
Is Thorn's End protected by magic?


1 person marked this as a favorite.
half-elf Oracle 11 | HP 91 | AC 27/15/24 | F +6, R +7, W +9(+2) | init +3, Perception +7 | CMB +9, CMD 24

Kel studies the star chart until the answers are clear to her.

questions:

1. does Quilindra intend us harm?
2. If we proceed directly towards Thorn's End, will we run afoul of any of the denizens of the swamp?
3. Does Quilindra plan to lead us directly to Thorn's End?
4. are the key members of the Winter Council at Thorn's End?
5. is anyone waiting to ambush us in the swamp?
6. is anyone waiting to ambush us in Thorn's End?
7. Is any long lasting alliance possible with any of the Winter Council?
8. Can we rest here safely this evening?
9. Can we reach Thorn's End in one day, or do we need to camp out in the swamp?


SFS Signup sheet

After consulting with her companions, Kelendra finally had the list of questions she wished to ask the stars. Knowing the limitations of the spell, she hoped to at least gain some guidance from the Void.

In her mind she focused her thoughts clearly on each question, listening for the answer that she knew would come.

Answers:

1. no
2. likely
3. yes
4. yes
5. unclear
6. no
7. yes
8. unclear
9. yes

7,451 to 7,500 of 8,457 << first < prev | 145 | 146 | 147 | 148 | 149 | 150 | 151 | 152 | 153 | 154 | 155 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Bigrin's Second Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.