Call Forth Darkness (Inactive)

Game Master Aku Warashi

You hear in his dying breath whisper “The shining sun has seen the wickedness you hide in hearts. And thus it will be the son who brings your doom.” then he dies.

Loot; Dramatis Personae; Battle Map

Evil Lair. Modifications


1,251 to 1,300 of 2,465 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

I think mysty will say what she has said above


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

"I see." Elise says to Rose, and then looks at kitara and questions. "Did the Cardinal sent more help? I didn't knew things were that difficult for you."


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"A late arrival. Unexpected, but very welcome." Rose said with a smile.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2
Mysty wrote:
We would like to recruit from the orphanage you maintain. This would allow us to continue our work, and not be more of an inconvenience.

”Ah yes. The headmaster told me about your visit. I’ll see what can be arranged. Where should I send them to?” the man asks casually.

During the meal, the seventh knots listens more than they talk, but Elise does ask about your current progress, after Mysty admits your success.
”So, did you find the place?” and by her tone, you know that while she is curious about it, she don’t want to fully discuss the task at the table with the baron.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

The lunch continues with not much more conversation with the ninth knot. The baron doesn’t press Mysty for an answer, nor Elise asks any other questions. Instead they start chatting with each other, a very casual and friendly chat, but of nothing of consequence. Trak isn’t happy as usual with Elise talking with another person. Trik offers some small commentaries and answers if talked to, but for most of the time, he too remains quiet and eating. Dostan seems to don’t care at all, he was there for the food, and food he was getting.

Lunch finished, the Baron raises and address you all ”You are welcome to stay for how much time you need. If you need any further assistance, talk to the manservant and he’ll inform me.” then looking to Elise he continues ”Now, if you all excuse us, we have some other business to attend to.” he says escorting Elise out of the room, into his private studio.

Intions?

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

sorry, little bit of real life intervened or i would have replied earlier

Before, in answer to the baron We are at a planning stage, so we don't need them right now. This is more in the nature of expectations. We'll let you know soon where and when.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hound has made his stements on what he believes they need to prepare the Horn, supplies for rebuilding broken areas, craftsmen for metal and woodwork. He will leave with the others.


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"We did. Its a mess. Maybe we'll show you around later." Rose said with a shrug, not offering anything further at the moment.

Sorry, I think the site ate my response a few days ago. Didn't mean to hold things up.


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Maid:

Nahia, not wanting to push the good graces of their host, nods at the maid and just adds "Well, I'm just glad to hear that things aren't as bad as I expected. Maybe things have changed for the better since I was a maid."

Lunch:

Nahia smiles and shakes her head. "No, nothing like that. It's just a story very similar to my own. You see, I may not be telling you anything you don't already know, but we are far more similar than just our professions."

She takes a sip of a drink, letting that sit in the air for a moment. "If I may ask you a personal question: How well did you know your mother?"


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

The 9th Knot made its way back to the Horn with supplies and plans aplenty. They discussed their goals not he way and set out to work as soon as they arrived each tackling a different set of tasks.

Nahia quickly set herself up with a private room near the kitchen and barracks area. It was one of the few left with an intact door. She had Hound and Rose move a large, heavy broken desk from the study to the room she had claimed. When the cots were delivered she had the very first one brought to her.

She spent the better part of two solid days in that room. Gruff, inhuman voices echoed from beneath the door along with the occasional sound of Nahia hissing and moaning somewhere between pain and pleasure. She only came out to eat, looking more and more worn each time. In spite of her growing fatigue she still maintained her good nature. When asked, she said things were progressing as expected. Her fingers were covered in small cuts and punctures. She had splinters and cracked nails.

Rose offered her gloves but Nahia declined saying something about it being necessary to work directly with her hands. She took her food into her room along with a newly delivered saw, hammer and bag of iron nails that were supposed to go to the workshop Rose was stocking.

The last day of Nahia's work sounded like she had a team of carpenters in there with her but it was as though the noise was echoing through water. The clamor was nearly deafening at times but still sounded vaguely unnatural and impossible to decipher what the voices were saying. Finally, at dusk on the second day, the sound of a work whistle blew from within the room like closing time in a workshop. A rush of impact rattled the door sending an explosive burst of sawdust out from beneath it.

Nahia came out wearing a smile and a thick coating of wood shavings holding a thin wand with the edge of a hack saw set half way down its length. Her fingers were cracked and dry, her hands raw with blisters and tiny nicks and scratches.

Inside the room the broken desk was pristine and beautiful, made new by her arts.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Drill sergeants would consider Rose too harsh. When the workers arrived, they swiftly found themselves set on schedules in a place that offered little in the way of entertainment and the bar was limited to one cup of ale during mealtimes. From dawn till dusk they hammered, sawed and forged under the watchful eye of the red-haired tyrant. Limited to just a few areas, they labored and were told that quitting was not an option.

In time the Horn became less of a ruin and more a fortress. Doors were repaired and locked, rubble cleared and armories stocked, waiting for living and unliving guards to take their posts after being hired through the Baron. The stage was set and the altar was waiting for the ritual to welcome a daemon lord back into the world.


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Nahia and Andros watched as Mysty made her preparations about the circle, the animals baying in the background. ”Hmm, this is going to be interesting...” the witch hissed at her serpent, ”... I’ve never really gotten the chance to see works of one that seems so naturally in touch with an element before. Her technique just seems so… strange...”

The little viper turned to the witch, his forked tongue flicking between little soft hisses. ”Well, the fire spirits are naturally attracted to her. She doesn’t have to prove anything to get their attentions, unlike you. Of course, that doesn’t mean they’ll just roll over for her. Though were I her I would have taken the time to put more safeguards in place...”

Nahia nodded. ”Well, I guess my way does lead to more caution. But when I asked her before if she needed help she seemed confident that she had everything under control… I hope she’s right.” The witch turned and looked back at the animals, who were growing more nervous with each passing minute.

I hope this works… I really do not want to have to levitate another horse up here… I’m still trying to get the smell out of my clothes.

She turned back to see Mysty nodding at the placement of the brazers around the circle, the halflings hand coming up to radiate heat to ignite the coals. The fires blazed and Nahia swore that she could see eyes and a smile from the flames

No calling… no sacrifices… no pleading or appeasing… I’m almost jealous...

Mysty turned to Nahia and gave an excited shout. ”It’s time! Bring in the dogs!” Nahia nodded and brought the dogs out, leading the whimpering things to the circle, where she tied them down to a piton in the floor before leaving and returning to her watching spot.

Poor animals...

Mysty didn’t she much call to the spirits as almost… move… maybe dance. She was breathing deeply, her eyes beginning to glow, as she made her ritual motions, the braziers around her flaring with her movement, forming a rhythm that seemed to swirl heat throughout the room. The fires blazed higher and higher, until they seemed nothing but fiery pillars. The intense heat feeling sweltering to Nahia, but Mysty didn’t seem to have a drop of sweat on her.

After minutes of this ebb and flow Mysty stopped, her feet still, as her hands continued their motions. The flames rose high and began to swirl in the air above her, an eddy of bright crimson that seemed to threaten to consume everything, and everyone, in the room. But Mysty just smiled and raised one hand high. A gout of flame shot from the vortex and in her palm was a blade made of living fire, the surface of the thing hissing and swirling.

She brought the blade down and, almost faster than Nahia could see, swiped it through the throat of each of the dogs. And for a moment, all stood still, time seeming to slow in the presence of such intense magics. And then there was an eruption, as the fire sea above them slammed down, Nahia gasping at the expected injury. But no pain came.

Instead, the fire rushed along the ground, the flames surging towards the hounds. They were enveloped completely, becoming balls of crimson flame. And with the thunderous roar of an explosion, the heat and the flames were gone. And where had stood three frightened hounds, not stood three fiery beasts, their eyes turned to the halfing in adoration.

Mysty knelt, putting the beasts and speaking softly, before turning to Nahia and adding excitedly. ”See, witch, you’re not the only one with kinship to the elements.”

-----------------------

Nahia was genuinely excited this time. Mysty’s performance the day before had been quite interesting to watch, if a little frightening, but she had really come through. But this one was going to be different. THis time Rose was to be involved, since the horse was to be hers.

Rose and Mysty had spent the night with the beast, feeding it treats laced with some concoction that Mysty had whipped up. Nahia had questioned Mysty about it but the alchemy principals that Mysty used were very different from Nahia’s. The balance of properties seemed all wrong and it was full of reagents that Nahia was sure were going to fight with one another for prominence.

But, again, Mysty insisted that she knew what she was doing, so Nahia backed off. As the night had worn on the horse seemed to get… meaner... angrier… though Nahia could not be sure it wasn’t from the foul smelling liquids or the captivity.

In the final moments before the ritual, Nahia watched as the halfling worked on yet another concoction, this one as black as pitch. But there was a smile from the witch as Mysty used a dagger to draw blood from Rose.

At least I understand what she is doing there… I wonder if there will also be a bridge to the animal directly?

And just as Nahia thought it Mysty had Rose press her bloodied hand to the chest of the beast, the horse doing its best to bite through Rose’s armor at the touch. Again, Mysty lit the braziers, the flames regaining their smile. Though this time there was no movement, no dancing. Instead, Mysty just spent minutes staring at the flames, her eyes starting to smolder like the coals she gazed upon. And then she turned her stares to the horse, the beast meeting her gaze, its nostrils flaring as it snorted at her.

Maybe a battle of wills? Or an attempt to direct energy?... I don’t sense any spirits except maybe the braziers…

Without breaking her stare, Mysty raised a hand, the black pitch of a liquid starting to hover and form into a sticky looking ball. The halfling slowly tipped her hand forward, the liquid following, until it was right over the horse. With her other hand Mysty reached into the cauldron and took some of the liquid upon her fingers. She spread the stuff across her eyes, over her lips, and then dipped the fingers into her mouth.

There was a grimace from the halfling, and then she too began to float, rising slowly into the air. The look of discomfort grew, her smoldering eyes starting to blaze with light. And then the fires started to change. The flames darkened to a crimson and then continued darkening until they reached a dark, almost black, red. The flames lifted from their places and began to circle around the halfling, slowly, the circle growing smaller and smaller, until they rested but inches from her body. And then Mysty’s form shuddered, her eyes rolled back, and where there had been fire in them, now there was only darkness. Nahia shuddered at the presence of the spirit, feeling herself overwhelmed with heat, but this time from inside of her, from her soul.

Mysty’s black lips smiled and her mouth opened to speak, a hissing sound emerging from pitch blackness. ”Yes, little one, I see it. I see the vessel you have brought before me. A mighty creature indeed… And yes, for you, I’ll accept this offer. Though only for you… Though be careful, little one, for I might not be so gentle… next time...”

The ball of pitch above the beast suddenly burst, droplets of black raining in every direction and then curving and arcing back to the horse, covering its form until it was but a shadow, an emptiness in the form of the horse that used to occupy that space. And then smoke emerged from the shadow, thick and black. The four dark flames surrounding the body of the then began to glide through the air, taking a spot on each hoof of the horse-shadow. And then more flames began to appear, flaring into existence along the shadow’s back, forming a mane of black fire.

And then a deafening, spine chilling whinny rang through the halls, even as the shadow stood perfectly still. Two flaming eyes formed, and in them lived concentrated hate, a stare intense enough to wound the soul. The shadow threw it’s head back, the mane of dark flames flaring and throwing more smoke, as a red, palm shaped mark appeared on the beast’s chest.

Slowly, Mysty drifted to the ground, taking to her feet gracefully. Her eyes closed and the black smile faded, opening again to reveal the girls normal eyes. And upon seeing the creature in front of her, she smiled and giggled excitedly, before turning to Rose with a grin and adding. ”I think this means you owe me one.”

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Kitara move apart from the rest of the knot. She still wan't certain about them. Rose was a dear, she supposed. but naive. In the end trust was a fools bargain.

She needed to renew herself so she entered the forest, and meditated for a few hours. Then she rose, energized, and headed back to the daemon haunted tower. She had the magics she needed to work her repairs.

Still to work. Standing outside she looked up at the horn, and shuddered. This place was...unnatural on a level she could sense well enough, but the knot had to complete it's mission. She hadn't decided if she was going to interfere with that mission, or assist.

Kitara smiled. Time to play the part she had chosen, until she decided.

First she moved into the Horn. Finding areas needing repair in the stone, she stared at the stone work, and then began to chant in a deep, sonorous tone. As she did so she grasped the stone are it flowed in her hands like clay. She moved around many times repairing major breaks and cracks. Once done, she summoned one of the workers who watched her in superstitious awe as she worked.
Smooth these areas off, and make sure they are set right. collect others to help you. Go! she motioned with a flick of her hand, dismissing him.

Once that was done, she ascended to the highest level of the horn. On the balcony there she sat and thought. She sat for several hours, until the day wound its way to its end. She heard movement behind her.
Sister? You wish to talk. She said without looking
Rose came into view. I could never sneak up on you. She considered Kitara's question. Not right now. May I join you?
Of course

Both sat on the stone floor and looked out at the vista. All was quiet for a moment, as the sky filled with the glorious colours of sunset.

Kitara turned slightly to her sister and asked What do you see, Rose

A forest. Pretty enough, but I think it has a dark heart.

It does, Rose. And we are sitting in it.

Rose smirked, and hard smile not suited for her lovely face. I don't fear it. I will use it.

At fathers beck and call. Kitara shook her head. This is dangerous sister. It has already claimed one of fathers knots, and it could claim the ninth. Ask your self. Why isn't Father doing this? As a powerful priest he would be far better suited for this task, if it was as important as he says.

Rose looked at her sister. You doubt him?

I am wary of him. As should you. We are assets to him. And assets can be expended. Assets can be sacrificed. She turned back to the forest view.

The forest is pretty, but it is violent, unforgiving. Survival of the fittest, the fastest, the smartest. And the luckiest.

She looks at her sister Think on its example Rose.

She got up and left. One of those workers was rather good looking. Perhaps she would look him up. He wouldn't be missed.

Behind her Rose stared at the forest as it grew dark, no emotion on her face. Thinking.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Kitara can get five stone shapes a day, if she uses both 3rd and 4th level spells. (I think) With that she should be able to repair any major structural damage and maybe some defensive works. Each cast is 17 cubic feet of stone. Very useful.I kinda assumed she would do that.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Mysty names the three hounds, Flame, Pyros and Inferno. She pets and hugs them, showing no fear of their flame. All were female.

Ladies, we are going to light this kingdom on fire she says to them.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Urban Druid), HP 43/43, AC 21, T 11/FF 20, CMB +7, CMD 18, Init +1, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +9 (+2 vs Divination and Enchantment), Bust: Varies (same as Rose in this shape), Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5, fire 10
Skills:
Bluff +18 (+5 if believeable/unlikely), Diplomacy +22, Disguise +7, Handle Animal +17, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (local) +13, Knowledge (nobility) +13, Perception +16, Sense Motive +14, Survival +16

Kitara took a moment to sit, looking about the front of the Horn. She watched as Hound set to work, pointing, grunting, at times looming, and always curt. Not afraid to dirty his own hands with heavy lifting, though also not completely unskilled in the arts of directing people either.

One would think, without seeing this, that he was simply a big dumb ox, with an axe or a sword, and was Sissy's bodyguard. But something more deep, perhaps even more sinister lies within that core. There is a man of mettle within that skin. One not to be trifled with.

She at times seemed amazed at his ability to simply inspire through his sheer mass, though it did always carry with it the fear that said mass could crush most of the creatures around him with one arm bound to his back. His status with the boggards was strange. Their chieftan, but not of their people. She pondered how long the fear would hold them.

He seemed willing to shoulder the reconstruction effort himself, and in many cases, literally shoulder it. His raw power and his endurance spoke volumes to something, but where did it come from, what was its source, she puzzled. And however did he end up getting entangled with Sissy?

Her reverie was broken by a peculiar sight, as she was fairly certain that boggards could not in fact fly. But this particular boggard seemed to have some incredible hang time and crashed to the ground with a rather sickening thud. The only thing that followed was an echoing bellow: "Do it right!" Even from this distance she could see that not all of the boggard's pieces were in the correct places, and now seemed as good at time as any to not be around.

Suppose I should be about my business. Enough of this rock shaping business. Oh what tangled webs are woven by those of ill intent... Kitara sighed, and rose to her feet, heading inside the horn to gather a few things in order to depart for the city.


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

Rose Gave Mysty a hug that picked her up and spun her around when the Nightmare manifested.

"I don't ever say this, but yes. I owe you. I'm going to get you something so nice!"

She approached the demon horse and stared at it. She understood demons. She knew how they thought.

"I am called Rose. I am an anointed Knight of Asmodeus. It is your honor to serve as my mount and companion. You will be rewarded for loyalty and servitude. You will be punished for insubordination."

"I will not ask your name. I will call you Brimstone."


The horse's eyes burned It nodded once.

Not sure if there's more that Aku wants to do with the Nightmare and the Hellhounds to make them obey us. I'm going to leave it at this for now.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2
Lady Rose wrote:
"I will not ask your name. I will call you Brimstone."

"I'll not answer by anything else than my own name." The nightmare said.

"I am Carnitheria Rex." It says proudly, not accepting the name Rose gave him.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2
Mysty wrote:
Ladies, we are going to light this kingdom on fire she says to them.

If Mysty had talked to them in Infernal, maybe as dogs they are the hellhounds would show excitement at their new calling. Maybe they would bark and wiggle their tails, not unlikely the cute pups Mysty sees in them. However, they did not understand what she said, and they just stated at the child-like creature, hugging and talking to them.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hound wiped himself off after a long day of work. The boggards were learning to get their lair into shape and he hardly ever needed to dish out beatings. They bred fast enough to replace any loses and he considered going hunting with a few in order to hone their skills.

It had been a while since he had enjoyed going out into the wilds for his supper. Time to work for his meal, and so he notified Rose that he would be out and headed off.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

need to learn infernal ASAP.

Mysty gets command words off Rose (in infernal) so she can order/communicate with the hounds. And she feeds them. Game meat, disobedient/slow workers/bogard what ever is available. While getting the words, Mysty starts to learn the tongue of the hells.

so we leveling yet? just joking


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"So, I've been thinking..." Rose said while the group ate a meal together after a long day's work. "That seal holding back Kali is a big deal. Daemon Lords are about as tough as they come, so whatever that seal is, it has to be just as tough. That's really big time magic."

"If I were designing something like that, I'd make sure it starts sending out alarms as soon as anyone even got near it."

"I'm not sure if someone in the Mitran ranks knows we're here or not, but I think it would be a good idea to act like they do. We need to up our time table a lot. We need to recruit faster, work the boggards harder, and get Seren to raise us up some undead workers that won't ever get tired, and we need to tell the seventh knot to be on the lookout for anyone from out of town looking to go into the forest. I think we're going to get company sooner than we expect."

"And just in case we haven't been noticed yet, i don't think we should mess with that seal or the altar at all until we have a lot more defenses in place."

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

We need to get the third eye. Perhaps the wraith knows


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

The boggards have been doing their work and the lower areas are being set up with pits for any intruders. Frankly, I think keeping evidance of our involement with the boggards as low as possible is a good idea.Arming them with good armor and weapons will draw suspicion. Just make sure they stay armed and alert.


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"Why's that?" Rose asked hound. "Why not arm them?"


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Arm them with spears, daggers,hatchets, simple weapons. Good swords and armor will let intruders know they are being supplied by someone. They have no forges to maintain the weapons and armor so their might be investigations at town.

Thats why hunter's make sure to bury their waste, so animals don't shy away from trails.


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"I'm worried that's not going to matter once we mess with that seal." Rose said. "For now, subterfuge is probably a good idea, but I think we're going to get noticed no matter what we do."

"What if we stock up on better gear for them, but don't give it to them until we mess with the seal."


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

That is a good plan.


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Nahia nods at Rose and adds "Besides, we can arm them with good gear from local sources. It wouldn't be unexpected for them to scrounge up gear from souls that couldn't make it in these harsh lands. You've heard the legends people say about this place."

"But Rose is correct as well. Even outside of simple wards, it isn't all that unlikely that the Mitran's commonly ask for guidance on where evil dwells. And this will probably become a prime spot for the accursed one to guide their fellows once we begin."

"But we've got a good start. We're closing up holes and bringing in soldiers. But first we need to deal with threats from within: again, the wrath and the two loose daemons."


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"We know what to do about the Daemons. We just have to figure out where the other half of those name plates went."

"I'm not sure I even understand what the Wraith wants. If we can figure that out we might be able to enlist its help to defend this place. We'll put up with it being here. The Mitrans won't if they manage to take the place back."

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

The Wraith was a priest of the horseman? What he wants is simple. His god, here. His faith renewed. We could use that. After all our purposes match. Of course, the endgame may be nasty. For it I'm hoping.


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"Well, that's our goal too, more or less. Might be worth trying to negotiate with it again." Rose shrugged. "Maybe once we start breaking the seal it will be interested in helping out."

"So what's the next major thing on our agenda?"


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Indeed, it may very well know how to find the plates of the daemons and the location of the third eye.

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Mysty looks at the hound. Be careful with information about the daemons. The wraith may be able to command them if it knows about them. Best not to ask it about that. Of course we can ask it about the eye.


Female Aasimar Druid 7 (Urban Druid), HP 43/43, AC 21, T 11/FF 20, CMB +7, CMD 18, Init +1, Fort +6, Ref +3, Will +9 (+2 vs Divination and Enchantment), Bust: Varies (same as Rose in this shape), Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5, fire 10
Skills:
Bluff +18 (+5 if believeable/unlikely), Diplomacy +22, Disguise +7, Handle Animal +17, Intimidate +7, Knowledge (local) +13, Knowledge (nobility) +13, Perception +16, Sense Motive +14, Survival +16

Kitara looks around at the group pondering. Father, or whatever you have become..., you play a dangerous game. Oft I must hold my tongue rather than speak, as the wrong words can turn them all against me. And yet, they still have me here. I suppose this is another one of your manipulation exercises, yes? Though I do wonder, what is your real game here?

She looks at the others as they converse, wondering just how much to say, when to say it, and how. After a moment she starts laughing again, as if the whole of the situation is just a joke.

"First thing we need to do is to fix up that life like statue. That most likely is an old member of the order here. But think! Use those heads. The Mitrans purged this place with fire and sword, and yet two daemons still walk these halls. And to our knowledge, no one has bound them here. Which means they are still bound from before the purge. Which means that there is yet some chamber in this place that remains hidden. Knowing we search for these "eyes", my gold is on that secret room that held rubbish upstairs. My guess is that there is another secret room, and that wraith knows how to enter it. Who else to know the secrets of his own temple than a priest?"


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"So we need to speak with the Wraith then. I was hoping to put that off a while, but I think you're right." Rose said with a wry shrug. "Anyone have suggestions on how to approach this?"

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

carefully mysty smirks a second.
but seriously, we need both a carrot and a stick. A good looking carrot, and a stick not so large, but enough to make not worth fighting over.
Mysty began to warm to her subject. It's a con, you see. We show what it wants, offer it. Then we imply our threat. Then, at the end, we fleece it. We can perform the ritual, it can't. Carrot and stick in one.


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"I like the way you think." Rose grinned.


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Nahia purses her lips and adds "I'm not sure a threat is necessarily in order yet. Maybe as a last resort. Why not just use a really good carrot?"

She takes a puff from her pipe and lets the smoke hang in the air. "Let's just be... honest. We go up to him, tell him that we want to free his God from the seal, that we know we need the three eyes, and that we are still missing one. Then we ask for his help. Surely he would want us to free his God as well. And it isn't like we can do any worse than the Mitran's have already."

She grins. "Besides, an old priest trapped for years in a state of powerlessness... with nothing but his failures before him... This way he gets to feel powerful for a moment... like he was directly responsible for the freeing of his God."

She takes another small puff. "And when he has divulged everything... we get rid of him."

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

A good idea, one I like. But, can we take him?


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hound suddenly gets suspicous and keeps an eye out for ghostly heads poking out of the walls.
Perception: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (15) + 12 = 27


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Even now at night, the distant and constant noise of the workers hammering the place back to some shade of liveness can be heard.
In the briefly period you are here, this became almost comfortable, working, deciding how to deal with things in your own way, planning, plotting.
Smiles and easy talk hiding cruel intent and wicked intentions.

The ever watchful Hound, looks around searching for any sign they are being observed.
Now that he pays attention to it, there’s an ever faithful feeling they are being observed, but no ghostly heads pokes out of the walls. It’s almost as if the horn is alive, as if they are inside the belly of a sleeping beast.


Human Hero Killer1 / Holy Assassin1 / Deceiver2

Some months ago…

Earlier Maid:

I’ll quote your comments since there’s been some time, sorry about it.
Nahia wrote:
Nahia, not wanting to push the good graces of their host, nods at the maid and just adds "Well, I'm just glad to hear that things aren't as bad as I expected. Maybe things have changed for the better since I was a maid."

To your last comment, the maid starts the normal gossip and complaint common to all humans. How the man could pay more, how the food could be better, <insert here your complaint>.

That continues as long you tell the woman to stop or you leave the bath. Whatever happens first.

Earlier Lunch:

Nahia wrote:
She takes a sip of a drink, letting that sit in the air for a moment. "If I may ask you a personal question: How well did you know your mother?"

All around you, the spot you choose seems perfect. Not so far from the city, to have prying eyes and ears knowing about what you are talking.

The bright and clear day, the cool and refreshing wind, the smell of plants and earth.

”Well enough, until the day I killed her.” Deanne says with a cold voice.
A strange cold fills the place, and you instantly recognize the power being gathered around the woman. For some reason the woman thinks you are here hunting for her or some other reason similar to that. One thing is sure; she is convinced you are the enemy.


M Human Male Human Barbarian 7 |HP97/97 (109/109 when raging) | Bust 40B|AC:18(17) | T:12(11) | FF:18(17) | CMD:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+5/7 | Will:+5 | Init:+2 | Per:+12 | Acrobatics:+9 | Climb:+10 | Stealth:+6 | Ride:+9]

Hound prepares himself for the confrontation with the wraith, he is armed and armored with his greatsword. Do we have magic that can protect us against the undead or take control?


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"It has a mind of its own. That makes control like that complicated. It is free to interpret commands in ways that suit it best, and if it ever gets free it will probably try to kill us. I'd rather see if we can convince it to work with us of its own volition."

Grand Lodge

Female Halfling Rogue 4/Sorcerer3 (efreeti bloodline) | HP 7/37 AC 22 | T 17 | FF 17 | CMB +4 | CMD 20 | FORT +3 | REF +11 | WILL +4 | INIT +5 | Perception +11(+12 with traps) | Stealth +19 | Bluff +11 | Sense Motive +3 | Diplomacy +8 | Spellcraft +8
active effects:

Also there is the golem to think about


Female Aasimar Antipaladin [HP 40/48 (Fire Resist 4, Cold, Acid, Shock resist 5) | AC 20 | T: 13 | FF: 18| CMD: 18 | Fort:+11 | Ref:+10 | Will:+8 | Init:+1 | Per: -1 | Sense Motive: +6 | Bluff: +12 | Diplomacy:+11] Alter Self 1/1, Smite 2/2, Touch of Corruption 7/7

"Nahia, do you think you and Seren can figure out all the things we need to get it working again?"


aka Alina | Female Changeling Witch 7 [HP 43/43 | Bust: 32C | AC:17 | T:15 | FF:16 | CMD:13 | Fort:+4 | Ref:+5 | Will:+8 | Init:+2 | Per:+9 | Sense Motive:+2 | Bluff:+19 (+2 sexy bonus) | Diplomacy:+12 | Intimidate:+10 | Spellcraft:+14]

Earlier - Lunch:

Nahia giggles at the girl, despite her obvious threat. "Calm down Deanne, you're not the only one here involved with the murder of a parent. Though, the funny thing is, while I helped in the murder of my real father, chances are that wasn't your real mother..."

She giggles again before taking a sip of her wine. "Now calm down and sit. You're bringing a chill to the wine and this is much too fine a red to be served cold."

- - - - -

Nahia nods at Rose. "I think I can piece it back together will enough. Constructs are not my specialty but the notes we found in the lab seem obvious enough."

"And regarding the wraith, I'm not sure it is a good idea to keep it around once we wring out its secrets. It is a foe that can easily surprise us, being a spirit and all. Given its lack of any guaranteed loyalty, I'd be more comfortable removing it for good."


Female Aasimar (Angel-Blooded) Oracle 5 | HP 33/38 | AC 20 <+2 vs Good> | T 10 <+2 vs Good> | FF 20 <+2 vs Good> | CMB+5 | CMD 15 | Fort +5(+9 vs. Disease) <+1 vs Good> | Ref +2 <+1 vs Good> | Will +4 <+1 vs Good> | Init +0 | Perc +3 | SM +4 | Bluff +10
Abilities:
6/7 1st level | 6/6 2nd level | 9/9 Death's Touch | Raise the Dead 0/1

Seren shakes her head at Rose's question. "I'm far more focused on creating and assisting the living-dead, not in destroying them. I could try to bring him under my command, but given his past life as a priest, his will is likely to be too string for me."

She rubs her fingers together, little cracklings of black energy sparking. "Though I want to be there to examine him no matter what we do, but especially if we destroy him."

1,251 to 1,300 of 2,465 << first < prev | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Call Forth Darkness All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.