8574-12: Reign of Winter (Inactive)

Game Master Jason Lillis

Current Combat Map
PBP Ledger
Map of Heldren
Map of the Border Wood Region


1 to 50 of 182 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>

The sleepy village of Heldren has rarely seen so much excitement or concern. Hunters from the nearby Border Wood speak of unnaturally cold weather at the height of summer that descended on the forest just days ago. Heavy snow followed, and those who returned spoke of an uneasy presence in the woods, as well as new, dangerous predators. No one knows what this event means, but the town's soothsayer, Old Mother Theodora, claims dark times lie ahead.

As if in proof of that dire prophecy, a badly wounded mercenary arrived in town yesterday, claiming to be a bodyguard of Lady Argentea Malassene. He told the village council that the noblewoman's escort came under attack by bandits and strange, wintry creatures near the edge of the Border Wood. He alone escaped, and Lady Argentea was dragged away into the forest.

Now the townsfolk cast fearful eyes toward the snow-filled forest, worried what else might emerge to threaten their peaceful village...


Female Elf Bard/1 | HP 8/8 | AC: 15 | T: 12 | FF: 13 | CMB: 0 | CMD: 12 | Fort: 0 | Ref: +4 | Will: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed: 30ft

Dotting with Knowledge Local: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7

Calistria's stingers, that hurts!


An auspicious beginning. :)


Male Dwarven Cleric/1 | HP 11/11 | AC:18 | T:11 | FF:17 | CMB: +1 | CMD:+12| Fort: +6| Ref: +2| Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20' Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

Harsk comes into the small village of Heldren with a heavy sigh. The sturdy dwarf grimaces, brushing the fat flakes out of his beard and off of the icy shoulders of his armor.

Walking on his diminutive legs through deep snow, Harsk leaves a trough behind him as he heads towards what he can only assume is the local inn.


Female Ulfen Barbarian (breaker) 1 | HP 10/15 | AC: 15 | T: 12 | FF: 13 | CMB: +5 | CMD: 16| Fort: +5| Ref: +1 | Will: +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 | Speed 30'

Knowledge (Local): 1d20 - 2 ⇒ (7) - 2 = 5

Asta scratches the back of her head idly. "I can't say much about Heldren."


Female Elf Bard/1 | HP 8/8 | AC: 15 | T: 12 | FF: 13 | CMB: 0 | CMD: 12 | Fort: 0 | Ref: +4 | Will: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed: 30ft

An elf maiden strides through the streets of the town towards the square, taking in what she could. She did little to hide her curiousity, but she did keep from staring openly. She overheard that it had indeed snowed in a nearby wood, and even a rumor of southern agents somehow being the cause of it.

I have to get to the bottom of this, she thought, casting a glance south. This is my first mission for Mother, I can't fail in this.

Spotting a dwarf and a tall Ulfen woman, both of whom didn't look like they belonged, she watched them for a moment before following the dwarf. Probably heading for a tavern. She assumed, While a messy place, it should be the best way of getting more information.


GM Screen:
HKL: 1d20 + 0 ⇒ (15) + 0 = 15


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (2), HP 12/15, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+1/ CMD: 14/ Fort: +4/ Ref: +2/ Will: +7/ Ini +2 (+3 AN)/ Perception +9 (10 AN)/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 1/3/ Active conditions: none

Wearing a large, brown cloak, Linge walked quickly through the streets. She was feeling a bit guilty, as she had to leave Horn behind, in the woods. But she had no other choice: some rumors were already spreading about a savage and dangerous beast walking around the woods at night; strange noises were coming from her house; maybe it was some kind of monster, and she was a witch?

Well, there was indeed a beast, but how would she explain that? "Please don't mind him, I know he's a baby bear and all that, but he's my companion, he's not mean, he's only playful, and quite frustated, as he has to stay at home most of the time! So if you hear roaring that's nothing, he's probably just hungry because he eats a lot, you see? And if you see strange shadows at night, don't be scared, I'm just taking him out for a walk, as always!" Impossible! He had to stay hidden...

She sighed. She was attached to the little bear, and she was missing him right now. Being a druid was much more complicated than she had thought... Especially when Nature was going nuts.

I have to find answers...

The druid raised her eyes, and frowned. There were... An elf, a dwarf, and... A tall woman who looked like an Ulfen?...
Linge was amazed.

Is it possible? I never thought that I would meet an Ulfen in a small village like Heldren! What is she doing here? In fact, what are they doing here? They don't seem like they are living nearby...

Something was definitely odd...


Fate Chips 1 Wounds 1 (Injury -1 Vigor die)

Kristophe and his best friend and closest companion Sven head into Heldren. Well Sven, do we go in and see...maybe they know something about what happened to Dad?

Kn:Local: 1d20 ⇒ 7


Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Beastmorph) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC:15 | T:12 | FF:13 | CMB: +1 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30 feet

Leaning against his spear while paused on the road just outside of Helgen, Torval slowly lets out a breath and watches as it comes out from his body in a plume of spiralling fog before it dissipates away into the surrounding air.

"So the rumours of an unnatural early winter in the area were true" he mutters quietly to himself, looking past the remaining foggy wisps and into the village lightly bustling with people going about their business "Well, that is something." Hefting up his spear from it's resting position, Torval starts striding off into the village while keeping his eye out for the local inn, a warm fire would be very welcome after travelling through these snows.

Knowledge Local (untrained): 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9


Aside from its current troubles, Heldren is a quaint, small town, with pleasant citizens who greet even the most curious looking traveler with polite charm. In the center of town, a large statue of a benevolent woman greets all who enter the square, and you pass her on the way to the local tavern on the southwest side of the square. It's called "The Silver Stoat," where Kale and Menander Garmios serve up hospitality by way of their delicious flank steak and numble pie, washed down with hoppy Three Devil Ale.

It's here that you are first within proximity to each other, seated at the same long table. Sven the elk is, of course, asked to wait outside, where the delighted children give it many looks of wonder and merriment.

I'll post more information about the town soon, but for now, it's lunchtime, and you are seated next to each other.


Male Dwarven Cleric/1 | HP 11/11 | AC:18 | T:11 | FF:17 | CMB: +1 | CMD:+12| Fort: +6| Ref: +2| Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20' Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

The dwarf has a small pool of water soaking into the floorboards beneath him, looking around at the other guests of the inn with a calm, and thoughtful expression. "Hello."


Fate Chips 1 Wounds 1 (Injury -1 Vigor die)

"Good Afternoon Master Dwarf, my pap always said that Dwarves were grumpy...is that true?"

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Dwarven Cleric/1 | HP 11/11 | AC:18 | T:11 | FF:17 | CMB: +1 | CMD:+12| Fort: +6| Ref: +2| Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20' Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

Harsk turns his head very slowly, looking at Kristophe with a raised eyebrow. His hand comes up and softly tugs his beard, as he starts to compose a response


Female Elf Bard/1 | HP 8/8 | AC: 15 | T: 12 | FF: 13 | CMB: 0 | CMD: 12 | Fort: 0 | Ref: +4 | Will: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed: 30ft

Calynse couldn't hold back a laugh at Kristophe's question, barely able to keep her drink behind her lips. Calming herself, she turned to the human and smiled.

"While I'd not be surprised by most dwarves being such, I once met a dwarf girl who was aspiring to be a druid, of all things, and she preferred a smile over a frown."

Regarding those seated at the table with her, the she-elf widened her smile and gestured to first herself, then to her "audience". "My name is Calynse Livalen, and I am--as I can fairly assume that most of us seated here are--not a local. I came here seeking fame and rumor, in particular the truth behind this unseasonal cold. Unfortunately, I didn't uncover anything from rumor alone. Has anyone else something to offer in regard to this?"


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (2), HP 12/15, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+1/ CMD: 14/ Fort: +4/ Ref: +2/ Will: +7/ Ini +2 (+3 AN)/ Perception +9 (10 AN)/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 1/3/ Active conditions: none

Linge shook her head.

"I live nearby, but unfortunately, I'm not better informed than you... There are rumors, it's true. People who think that this winter is unnatural."

She paused, choosing her words carefully so she would describe what she truly knew, and not what she thought was true:

"I don't know if these rumors are true, as I've got no evidences Only a bad feeling... So I decided to come to Heldren to look for clues. And then, I've crossed your path..."

She looked inquiringly at the small group:

"So... Are you all here to investigate this strange cold?"


Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Beastmorph) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC:15 | T:12 | FF:13 | CMB: +1 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30 feet

Grinning openly at the human's innocent sounding response to the dwarfs perfunctory greeting to the group, Torval has a sip of his ale as the elf - Calynse she said her name is, names are not meant to be difficult to remember - introduces herself to the table and the one of other humans sitting around the table also says a few words.

"That is right, word of the strange cold snap, and even something of the snowfalls that we have seen had even reached it's way to Zimar some days ago. Although I do have to say that when I was back there the thought it would actually be snowing in this area seemed like nothing more than, well, rumours and hearsay."

Taking another sip from his ale, Torval places the mug back down on the tabletop before continuing "I am Torval Brasmi. I have also come to Heldren in hopes of uncovering the reasons behind this phenomenon, after he deduced my interest in these latest rumours my master advised that he has not needed as much help in the lab lately and said that I could use some more 'real world' experience."


Fate Chips 1 Wounds 1 (Injury -1 Vigor die)

Well. I am here in Heldren because of my Father. He went missing in the Border Wood 9 years ago, and I'm here to find out what happened.


Male Dwarven Cleric/1 | HP 11/11 | AC:18 | T:11 | FF:17 | CMB: +1 | CMD:+12| Fort: +6| Ref: +2| Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20' Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

Harsk ignores the human's rude question, dismissing it when the subject changes to the unnatural winter, "I didn't know this early cold snap was so special. I believe the weather is in the hands of the gods, so I don't know why you are all believing it is sinister."

"I am Harsk, acolyte of the forge." The bearded man says simply describing his job, his faith, his beliefs and his purpose in four words.


Female Ulfen Barbarian (breaker) 1 | HP 10/15 | AC: 15 | T: 12 | FF: 13 | CMB: +5 | CMD: 16| Fort: +5| Ref: +1 | Will: +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 | Speed 30'

Asta is quiet until most of the strangers break the ice. "I'm Asta, daughter of Kriger. I am hunting this winter as well." She frowns into her mug of ale, before continuing. "I didn't think so many people would know of it."

Setting the ale down, she eyes Harsk intensely, as if she were trying to solve a difficult bit of arithmetic. Slowly, she asks "You... worship... a forge?"


Male Dwarven Cleric/1 | HP 11/11 | AC:18 | T:11 | FF:17 | CMB: +1 | CMD:+12| Fort: +6| Ref: +2| Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20' Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1
Asta Krigersdottir wrote:

Asta is quiet until most of the strangers break the ice. "I'm Asta, daughter of Kriger. I am hunting this winter as well." She frowns into her mug of ale, before continuing. "I didn't think so many people would know of it."

Setting the ale down, she eyes Harsk intensely, as if she were trying to solve a difficult bit of arithmetic. Slowly, she asks "You... worship... a forge?"

"No, miss, I worship the god Torag, the world forger, the father of dwarves, and protector of civilization." he corrects, after swallowing the morsel of food.


Female Elf Bard/1 | HP 8/8 | AC: 15 | T: 12 | FF: 13 | CMB: 0 | CMD: 12 | Fort: 0 | Ref: +4 | Will: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed: 30ft

"I do not mean to insult your intelligence, Master Harsk," Calynse said slowly, gauging the dwarf's reaction to her words, "but snow this far south--in the middle of summer--strikes most people as odd. I may not have room to talk about consistency, I suppose, for my goddess is infamous for her fickle nature, but even if this weather is the will of the gods, it is strange to me that they would do such a thing without it meaning something."

Sipping her wine, she concluded thus: "That is why I am here, to learn why this event has occured. And it would seem I was not alone in this venture." She gave Torval and Asta quick glances, finding a sense of camaraderie in the similarity of their quests.


"You know," Kale Garimos says from the bar, "I couldn't help but listen in. If some of you are earnest about your intention to help, you should seek out the leader of our town council, Ionnia Teppen. This time of day she's likely in the Town Hall with the other councilors. Since that bodyguard stumbled into town the other day, they've been trying to figure out what to do, and you might just be the answer to our fair town's need."


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (2), HP 12/15, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+1/ CMD: 14/ Fort: +4/ Ref: +2/ Will: +7/ Ini +2 (+3 AN)/ Perception +9 (10 AN)/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 1/3/ Active conditions: none

"I'm Linge. It's a pleasure to meet you all...

She almost added "in these dark days", but after all, nothing was certain yet. Besides, it would have been a bit too melodramatic.

"Thank you for the information, M.Garimos: it sounds like a plan. Since we all seem to share the same purpose, why won't we work together?"


Fate Chips 1 Wounds 1 (Injury -1 Vigor die)

Has Mrs. Teppen always lived in Heldren? If so...she might know something about my dad. I'd be willing to go along if I can look for clues!


"Why yes, young man. Her family has been involved in some form of town politics for generations now. She's a born leader, and we're glad to have her. What was your father's name, dear? I wonder if my Menander would have known him."


Female Ulfen Barbarian (breaker) 1 | HP 10/15 | AC: 15 | T: 12 | FF: 13 | CMB: +5 | CMD: 16| Fort: +5| Ref: +1 | Will: +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 | Speed 30'

Asta grins at Harsk. "Oh. That makes sense then."

She turns to the innkeeper. "Bodyguard?"


Kale looks at Astra and nods. "Well, Sophia Imirras - at the livery - was talking to Argus Goldtooth - he's our barber - who had stopped by Tessarea's apothecary - that'd be Willowbark Apothecary, around the corner here - just when Ionnia was talking to the man, and if I recall the man said he worked for some noblewoman coming up from Zimar by the name of Lady Argentea Malassene." She seems to think for a moment, then snaps her fingers and says, "You know, I think that same noblewoman came through here on her way to Zimar a few months ago. Nobility don't go back and forth that quickly. I wonder what happened to make her head back to the capital?"


Male Dwarven Cleric/1 | HP 11/11 | AC:18 | T:11 | FF:17 | CMB: +1 | CMD:+12| Fort: +6| Ref: +2| Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20' Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

Harsk seems doubtful of the information provided, as he polishes off the rest of the food on his plate, but he knows that it is the very least he can do to look into the matters, after all. If there is life, it must be protected.

"Indeed." is all he says as he stands, the head of his hammer gleaming dully in the firelight, and walks over to the bar with his mug and plate. "I shall see about doing what I can to help." With fresh food in his belly, he strokes his beard, tightens his pack and makes his way to the door.

Nodding to the others he heads through.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Beastmorph) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC:15 | T:12 | FF:13 | CMB: +1 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30 feet

Torval gazes blankly at at the innkeeper Kale as she regales provides them with her helpful gossip information, slowly blinking his eyes once as she comes to a close in a vain effort to mentally translate what she has said into understandable Common "I...see..."

Standing up after Harsk, he gathers his own backpack from the floor at his feet and his spear from it's nearby position propped against the wall. "Well it seems that this Councilwoman Ionnia will be the person we need to talk to for any...solid information." Torval states while looking askance at the innkeeper before following Harsk out the doors and off to the Heldren Town Hall.


Fate Chips 1 Wounds 1 (Injury -1 Vigor die)

My dad is Kristoph Svenson, Red Kris to his friends, on account of his hair. He is a bargeman and riverboat mate. seeing all the newcomers departing Kristoph says Well, it was really nice meeting you! and he scampers off to the town hall.


Female Elf Bard/1 | HP 8/8 | AC: 15 | T: 12 | FF: 13 | CMB: 0 | CMD: 12 | Fort: 0 | Ref: +4 | Will: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed: 30ft

"Well, better now than never, I guess." Taking one last drink, Calynse stood, bowed to the barkeep in thanks, and swiftly followed the others.

The elf was silent as the motley group made their way towards the town hall, and she caught herself taking glances at them and watching the reactions of the townsfolk to their presence. All of this was new to her, and were it not for her curious nature, she might have been intimidated.


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (2), HP 12/15, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+1/ CMD: 14/ Fort: +4/ Ref: +2/ Will: +7/ Ini +2 (+3 AN)/ Perception +9 (10 AN)/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 1/3/ Active conditions: none

Kale Garimos is a woman... I didn't noticed that. *facepalm* I'm so dumb.

Linge did her best to focus, and memorize the barman's speech, but without much of a success. If was a bit confusing, and she didn't understood that much.

"Thank you very much... But we've got to go..."

Since everybody had already got up, she quickly joined them.


"Kristoph Svenson, hmm..." Kale goes back and yells into the kitchen, "Menander! Do you remember a Kristoph Svenson ever coming through here?"

A man with an ample belly wanders out from the kitchen. "Svenson!? He owes me eight silver, last I recall. You bein' his son, best to pay up."

GM Screen:

B: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (17) + 1 = 18
SM: 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (7) + 2 = 9


Fate Chips 1 Wounds 1 (Injury -1 Vigor die)

Kristoph frowns but reaches for his purse Okay.. he says as he counts out some coins Did you talk to him? Where was he headed? What was he doing? Kristoph tries not to get too excited.


"Bwa, ha ha ha! Just kidding, lad. You owe me nothin, just having a joke at a newcomer's expense. In fact, I probably owe you a drink just for doing that to you. You're a good sport, son. But Red Kris... come to think of it, there was a man that name. Years back, though, must have been. Stopped by just a couple times a year if I recall, but never for more than a day. We get some visitors to our fair village, but not many, and he had a stomach for ale and a voice to shake the rafters. Sorry I can't give you more than that, son, but it's been too long. Can't say as I've known where he might have got to. Best wishes on your travels."


You approach the Town Hall, a rather grand building for a village of this size. It's clock tower looms over the town square, and it chimes once to signal the hour past noon. There is a notice board on the wall outside the front door, containing a variety of local news items ("Cold snap threatens crops"), job openings ("Porter needed - Heldren Sawmill"), and goods for sale ("One butter churn").

Inside you see that there is enough space for the whole town to gather, but there are only a few gathered there today. Most are looking towards a middle aged human woman with graying hair, and turn when she looks towards you as you enter. She has a scrutinizing look on her face, and calls out, "Yes? Can we help you?"


Male Dwarven Cleric/1 | HP 11/11 | AC:18 | T:11 | FF:17 | CMB: +1 | CMD:+12| Fort: +6| Ref: +2| Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20' Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

"I heard that recently there was a problem in the woods round here. An I wanted to volunteer my services."

The gruff man has no time for nonsense and he gets right to the point. His armor and weaponry shine with the dampness of melting ice, and his eyes hold a stiff determination.


Fate Chips 1 Wounds 1 (Injury -1 Vigor die)

Kristoph bounds into the Town Hall carried on long legs and excitement.

Yes! My pap says that You can always trust a dwarf! Kristoph stops and says I'm Kristoph Kristophson, from Wispil. I'm here to find out more about my dad, his name is Kristoph too, but he had red hair so everyone called him Red Kris.


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (2), HP 12/15, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+1/ CMD: 14/ Fort: +4/ Ref: +2/ Will: +7/ Ini +2 (+3 AN)/ Perception +9 (10 AN)/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 1/3/ Active conditions: none

Linge frowned when she heard Kristophe's words:

It's kind of rude...

She raised her voice to reply to the woman:

"Hello... I also wanted to gather informations about this strange cold... Maybe you know a few things about it? I would like to help Heldren, if I can."


"Well, come here, then. I won't look a potential gift horse in the mouth. So, a follower of Torag and two north-blooded youths. Who are the rest of you, and why should I send any of you to what may be your deaths? I want to get to the bottom of this, but I'm not going to let young adults get themselves killed in the cold if they can't handle it. No offense, master dwarf and lady elf, I don't want to slight your years, but I also don't want frozen blood on my conscience."


Fate Chips 1 Wounds 1 (Injury -1 Vigor die)

Oh, the cold never bothered me...up in Wispil it was my favorite time of the year. Pap says thats on account of where my Dad was from, something about "Linkdorm Kings" I don't know. My mom was from Oppara...I've never seen a LinkDorm...have any of you?


Female Ulfen Barbarian (breaker) 1 | HP 10/15 | AC: 15 | T: 12 | FF: 13 | CMB: +5 | CMD: 16| Fort: +5| Ref: +1 | Will: +1 | Init: +1 | Perc: +1 | Speed 30'

Asta crosses her arms. "I can handle myself," she states, her tone somewhat defensive. "A little cold does not scare me."


Male Half-Orc Alchemist (Beastmorph) 1 | HP 8/8 | AC:15 | T:12 | FF:13 | CMB: +1 | CMD: 13 | Fort: +3 | Ref: +5 | Will: +2 | Init: +2 | Perc: +5 | Speed 30 feet

Perturbed, and a feeling more than a little insulted at the insinuation that he would not be able to handle himself in the wintry weather, Torval cannot stop a slight frown from growing more apparent before he shortly replies to the womans questions "My name is Torval Brasmi. As these others have stated" he says as he gestures over to Asta and Kristophe "do not presume that this unnatural cold you are experiencing would be enough to kill me."

Satisfied that he has now put her preconceptions in their place, Torval reflexively gives a quick self-satisfied nod before continuing on "Now, we have been told that you could use some assistance, please tell us of what information you have already divined and where your investigations have led so far."


Female Elf Bard/1 | HP 8/8 | AC: 15 | T: 12 | FF: 13 | CMB: 0 | CMD: 12 | Fort: 0 | Ref: +4 | Will: +3 | Init: +2 | Perc: +3 | Speed: 30ft

Calynse took no offense from the slight to her years, she was still considered just of age by her own people. However, the growing concern (and lack thereof) towards the unnatural cold unsettled her.

"No offense taken, Miss Ionnia. In fact, your concern for us is reassuring, in my opinion. To address your concern, however, while I know not the extent of our group's skills, we would not be presenting ourselves would we not be confident in our abilities to hold our own."

Hoping that settled both parties, she continued, "I also second Master Torval's request, any and all information you can provide will be of aid."


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (2), HP 12/15, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+1/ CMD: 14/ Fort: +4/ Ref: +2/ Will: +7/ Ini +2 (+3 AN)/ Perception +9 (10 AN)/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 1/3/ Active conditions: none

Linge shrugged:

"Winter has never been a problem to me... And I am not easily affected by cold."

Apparently, it was enough said...

"I think you can have faith in our capacities... We are all keen to solve this mystery for you."


"Well, you don't lack confidence. I'm sure that'll go just fine," Ionnia quips wryly. "At any rate, if you want to help, come here."

When you approach, you see that those gathered are looking at a map of the region. "Two days ago, Yuln Oerstag stumbled into town, claiming that he was a guardsman for Lady Argentea Malassene of Zimar. He'd suffered from extreme frostbite, worse than we've seen for a long time. He said that his caravan was assaulted by both bandits and - in his words - "the winter touched," some type of fey creatures with no business being out and about during a Taldane summer. He alone survived the slaughter, save the Lady herself, who was carried off into the wood."

She gives you a moment to take that in before speaking again, "We don't have much but a militia, and so if you are willing to risk your own necks to go do save the Lady, we'll make it worth your efforts. One-hundred twenty five crowns each, a sum that I'm sure the Lady's house will reimburse us for if you can bring her back safely. If you have more questions, we can try to answer them, or Yuln himself is in the Apothecary, though he needs time to heal. What do you say?"


Fate Chips 1 Wounds 1 (Injury -1 Vigor die)

I've been lookin for a reason to head into the Border Wood. My pap says it had bandits a long time ago and the trees weren't never any good, he says the Verduran has the best trees. Have any of you ever seen the Verduran...its a very spooky place I've been told, but I never thought so. Maybe this Yuln knows something that might help us help the Argentea lady.


Male Dwarven Cleric/1 | HP 11/11 | AC:18 | T:11 | FF:17 | CMB: +1 | CMD:+12| Fort: +6| Ref: +2| Will: +6 | Init: +1 | Perc: +3 | Speed 20' Dwarf Cleric of Torag 1

"I will help to save the noblewoman." The dwarf says with conviction, and nods.

his nut brown hair and fiery gaze, show that the he will not be dissuaded, by you or anyone


Female Human (Ulfen), NG Arctic Druid (2), HP 12/15, AC 15/ T 13/ FF 12/ CMB:+1/ CMD: 14/ Fort: +4/ Ref: +2/ Will: +7/ Ini +2 (+3 AN)/ Perception +9 (10 AN)/ Speed 30 feet/ Spells 1st 1/3/ Active conditions: none

"It might be the best way to discover what's happening."

Linge was actually glad to go into the wood. It would be much more easier to take Horn with her that way...

1 to 50 of 182 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | next > last >>
Community / Forums / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / 8574-12: Reign of Winter Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.