Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris

Game Master Chris Shannon 719

This will be the Shackled City adventure path using the Pathfinder rule set. However, the existing deities (i.e. St. Cuthbert, Pelor, Wee Jas) will not be converted to similar Golarion gods.


3,851 to 3,900 of 13,588 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>

Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 1, Init 25 {Z34 > W32}

"Quickly, everyone. Down the tunnel! Let's not allow these fools to distract us from our quarry. I'll try to distract them."

Toffitt moves between the party and the goblins, waving his dueling blade in total defense.

AC 25, 27 v. evil


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 1 Init 22

Status:

HP = 24/24
AC = 21/10/21
Weapon Equipped = Silvered MorningStar
Speed = 20'
Oracle Spells Left (CL 3, +6 melee touch, +2 ranged touch):
1 4/6 Divine Favor, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds, Enlarge Person, Remove Fear
Status Effects = None

"I still think the vampire is up there Dyrant."

If Finneas is aware of the stairs that seem to head up to the ledge, he will begin to run around to them. If he is not then he will take the Full Defense action.

"Hide behind me if you can Atol."


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class
Finneas Glenn wrote:
"I still think the vampire is up there Dyrant."

"Not arguing with you, Finn. You might be right. Another few feet and then we turn around, eh? It will take us about 30 seconds to find out, right? Just through the gap and then back."

Dyrant agrees with Finn as arrows fall near him.


There are no stairs up to the ledge, but there are the stairs outside of room 29 at P-21 that lead upwards.

The goblins reload and fire again. This time Dyrant is hit twice.

Goblin blah, blah...Drakthar:
Still they talk! Maybe they will stop talking with enough arrows in them. Or maybe they'll keep talking like Drakthar. I like how they stand still.

1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 17 - Dyrant
1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (13) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 20 - Dyrant
1d20 + 4 + 2 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 4 + 2 + 1 = 8 - Silfir

2d6 ⇒ (3, 5) = 8 - crossbow plus sneak since still flat-footed
2d6 ⇒ (5, 3) = 8 - crossbow plus sneak since still flat-footed

Round 1
Dyrant = 18
Silfir = 13
Glimmil = 4
Atol = 1
Round 2
Toffitt = 25
Finneas = 22
Goblins = 21


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Initiative 1, Location Y32 -> Y29

Status:
AC: 17 HP: 21/21
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = None
Channel Energy Left: 3/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 7/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink
1) Protection from Evil, Remove Fear
2) Hold Person

My people are getting mauled!

Atol takes a moment to channel for the sake of Silfr and Dyrant though I think Glimmil too has some non-lethal in there.

Channel energy for 2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7 worth of healing.

He then takes a few steps to his left and waits for the party to make a decision as to where we're going from cover.

"Damn Goblins. Don't they understand we have something more important to do?!"


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 1, Init 4

"Hurry! They're too far up for us to face them from here!" Glimmil shouts and urges Cog westward to get out of the line of fire.

Better hurry... these one's seem to like to shoot at Dyrant specifically.

To (W,19) or so, assuming each 5ft ledge takes a double move to get Cog up?


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 1, Init 18

Dyrant feels the sting of the two arrows in his back and falls to the ground. Free action to go prone.

"Blasted goblins! By Cuthbert's heavy cudgel, we will bash your piddlespotting brains in!"

Dyrant will pull out a prayerscroll of Web (Reflex DC 13) and read it, centering the web at QR:29/30.

"...noble St. Cuthbert, bind our enemies in the strands of regret so that we may club them into divine paste..." Dyrant adds on the words to prayer to the arcane language that his Angel taught him.

Web refresher: we should have total concealment from the gobbos. In addition, the effect lasts for 30 minutes.

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17 (Mage armor)
HP: 2/18 (9/18 after Atol's heal)
Weapon Equipped = xbow, scroll
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Glim
Healing Touched Today = Cog,Dyrant


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 2, Init 25

"Finneas, Glimmil, let's leave them be. Our priority is Drakthar."

Toffitt edges down the path in the direction that Dyrant had indicated. I think it's more likely that he'd leave his coffin within the protection provided by slaves, but it doesn't hurt to peak down here.

I'm unsure of lightsources. I believe Atol and Glimmil are lit up? The Doctor has low light.


Except for the actual ledges the sloping tunnels are normal movement up and down.


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Finneas holds his shield in front of his face and tender bits while looking down at Dyrant.

"Dyrant what are you doing down there? Did you drop your Angel? I'll help you look!"

Celestial:

"Here angel angel angel."


Male Half-Elf Summoner (Synthesist) 1 / Paladin 2

Round 1, init 13, move to Z27

Silfr swiftly uses lay on hands healing 1d6 ⇒ 5 damage.
Another 7 will be healed at init 1, for net 2 healing some old wounds.

Since Dryant webbed the place he won't bring out the bow but instead will make his way towards the goblin access staircase one, by way of Z-27. Silfr has darkvision when synthesized.

Somehow the majority wanted to investigate if the goblins but instead we went the other direction into an ambush. It is like a vampire muddles our thoughts.

status:

HP 21/23 real + 1/7temp, AC 23 mage armor , CMD 18
F +9, R +6, W +12
1/3 spells, 0/1 smite (smite AC +5), 4/6 lay on hands
Wand mage armor 48/50


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Lol at Finn. Well done.


Round 1
Dyrant = 18 - Prone & Web spell
Silfir = 13 - Heal and move
Glimmil = 4 - I'm assuming a speed of 50' for Cog (can't see it on the page) That takes him to T-16.
Atol = 1 - Moves and Channels for 7
Round 2
Toffitt = 25 - Moved him 60' with party
Finneas = 22 - - Looking for Angel - I'll take it as a move in front of Dyrant to provide him cover.
Goblins = 21

Yellow on map is web. It did not reach into room 29 to the west as there is a closed door.

Reflex saves
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (13) + 5 = 18
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (17) + 5 = 22
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (8) + 5 = 13

Two can still shoot as they only have 15' of web. If you have at least 5 feet of web between you and an opponent, it provides cover. If you have at least 20 feet of web between you, it provides total cover.

Goblins 1 and 3 shoot at Finneas with no luck. The last one moves while the last one tries to escaping the webbed area.

1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 4 - Gob 1 At Finneas
1d20 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 = 20 - Gob 2 moving
1d20 + 4 + 1 - 4 ⇒ (3) + 4 + 1 - 4 = 4 - At Finneas

New Map

Party is up.

Round 2
Dyrant = 18
Silfir = 13
Glimmil = 4
Atol = 1
Round 3
Toffitt = 25
Finneas = 22
Goblins = 21


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Chris, think you might have transposed Finneas and Toffitt's marker. Toffitt is actually walking to the southeast, seeing where the lower right hand corner path goes. Sorry for any confusion.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 2, Init 18

Dyrant will stand up and move 30' following Dr. Toffitt.

Dyrant will try to get out of line of sight of the gobbos.

"I follow the doctor to see if the coffin is down this way. Should it not be, we shall return and check the goblin quarters."


Split the party. Check.

New maps attached. Toffit is still on the first map with everyone else. The second map is what he could see.

Map 1

Map 2


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Ah, I was reading the 34 map wrong, I think. Those are actual narrow fissures with end points, and not just shadowing that you've left on the map? Assuming that's the case, Toffitt says, "Dyrant, I believe this is a dead end. More careful searching might be warranted later, but I suggest we join our companions. Let us make haste in clearing out the goblin's warren and verifying whether the coffin is located there."


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 3 Init 22

Status:

HP = 24/24
AC = 21/10/21
Weapon Equipped = Silvered MorningStar
Speed = 20'
Oracle Spells Left (CL 3, +6 melee touch, +2 ranged touch):
1 4/6 Divine Favor, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds, Enlarge Person, Remove Fear
Status Effects = None

"You sure you guys want to split up?"

Finneas will move with the rest of the party, getting out of site of the goblin arrows but waiting for Dyrant and Toffitt.

Move to AA27


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 1, Initiative 1, Location Y29 -> Z28

Status:
AC: 17 HP: 21/21
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = None
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 7/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink
1) Protection from Evil, Remove Fear
2) Hold Person

Atol takes a 5' step to stand next to his friend Silfr.

"Here's a Guidance my friend, to help you with your next decision..."

He hesitates then, wondering which direction the party is headed next.

Best to remain roughly centered so I can help either group I think.


Just so we're all on the same page.

Round 2 so far
Dyrant = 18 - Stand, move 30' to AC-36
Silfir = 13 - TBD
Glimmil = 4 - TBD

Atol = 1 - 5', guidance Silfir
Round 3
Toffitt = 25 - TBD - Moved in round 2, still has actions in this round. A double move will take him to Z-30.

Finneas = 22 - Move to AA27
Goblins = 21

New Map


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 2

"Just around the corner friends, then we'll have them.. Chaar-..."

Glimmil glances over his shoulder to ensure Finneas and the Doctor are keeping pace with the speed that is the mighty Cog...

.. and realizes he's rounded the latest corner alone.

By Garl's left ear! Could they have all been shot down so soon?

Realizing his friends may need his healing, he wheels Cog about and rushes back to the others.

Double-move back to Z,27

"Ah, there you all are!" he blurts, with a concerned look on his brow.


I see in Dyrant's post he tried to get out of line of sight for goblins so he could have moved to AB-37 to avoid one.

I'm assuming Toffitt will double move back to the party.

One goblin fires a bolt at Dyrant.

1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (19) + 4 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 20 - -2 cover, -2 range increment
1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (16) + 4 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 17 - confirm
2d6 ⇒ (1, 6) = 7

The other one readies to shoot at Dyrant as he crosses the tunnel again.

rolls:

1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 - 2 ⇒ (12) + 4 + 1 - 2 - 2 = 13 - -2 cover, -2 range increment
1d6 ⇒ 1

This all assumes Dyrant and Toffitt return to Z-27 this round which I guess is not a guarantee. If he does, the party does not hear anymore chasing them. The party can act in this round or delay as long as needed. However, the goblins will likely ready actions if the party takes more than a round.

Party up for Round 3/4.

Dyrant = 18 - Returns to party?
Silfir = 13
Glimmil = 4
Atol = 1
Round 4
Toffitt = 25
Finneas = 22
Goblins = 21


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 3, Init 25 {>AB35}

Sorry for the delay. Distractions, distractions... I seem to have clarified with Chris that the tunnels do go on for a bit longer. However...

Sensing that the party is splitting, Toffitt spends the later have of his move walking back into the line of fire. "Dyrant, I suggest we return to meet our friends. Take care as you do so that you zig zag defensively, to avoid their arrows."

Round 4, Init 25 {>Z23}

Once he has ascertained that Dyrant is moving to meet the party and defending himself as he does so, the Doctor double-moves in the direction of the stairs and the party. "Let us make haste in clearing out their warren—we have little time to ascertain where the coffin lies."


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 3, Init 18

Wincing from the supernatural, almost vengeful, aim of the goblin supersniper's arrow, Dyrant nods at Dr. Toffitt.

"Yes, I feel better for having come this way, but it seems our prey lies the other way. I can only wonder at the stupidity of the goblins to attack us here where if they had not, we might have gone much deeper. I'll remember to thank them with my cudgel."

Dyrant double moves to Z26.

Stupid goblins.

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17 (Mage armor)
HP: 2/18
Weapon Equipped = xbow
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Glim
Healing Touched Today = Cog,Dyrant


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 3

Glimmil grins to see everyone alive and admires the dazzling array of pointy sticks poking out from Dyrant at various odd angles.

"So... we charging down these goblins, or waiting for them to come to us?"

With some sentiment on which, Glimmil will ready to charge a goblin that comes within range ... or... double-move back to where he was before he moved on Round 2.


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 3, Initiative 1, Location Z28->Z25

Status:
AC: 17 HP: 21/21
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = None
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 7/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink
1) Protection from Evil, Remove Fear
2) Hold Person

Seeing his friend and mentor so badly hurt, Atol reaches out to Dyrant and converts his Remove Fear into a Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7.

"There you go Dyrant. Feeling better? Let us proceed then and take out these Goblins in the hopes that a vampire lies beyond."

Atol feels like a rat in a maze and someone keeps letting in a cat to make things interesting. A weak cat perhaps but a cat none the less.


Moving things along at my lunchtime here.

Another round (or two if the Dyrant porcupine desires more healing) passes as the party creeps up on the corner. Glimmil peeks around the corner and sees a single goblin with a crossbow on a ledge twenty feet up.

Goblin:
"Good job guys! We ran them off. Too bad. I was hoping to see the look of shock on them."

Party up for Round 4/5.

Round 4
Dyrant = 18 -
Glimmil = 4
Atol = 1
Round 5
Toffitt = 25
Finneas = 22
Goblins = 21

New Map


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 4

"Oh Cog, if only you had wings..."

Glimmil indicates the goblin sniper's position to Doctor Toffitt, presuming the use of his bow from cover is the easiest method to tackle this goblin guardian.

"Cover me?" he asks, rather innocently, before urging Cog to rush across the gap.

To (G,15) with Cog's move action - how difficult does crossing that ladder-bridge appear? Just difficult terrain? Acrobatics required?


The sagging rope bridge spans the rough-hewn passage at a height of thirty feet, connecting two ends of a five-foot-wide worked tunnel. Stury wooden posts hold the bridge in place.

The cavern comes to an end beyond the bridge to the north.

The ledge at J12,13,14 is 10' up from the ground. The ledge from G,15 is 15' up. The walls in all the natural caverns look to be a DC 15 climb check.

Knowledge engineering on bridge. Any experience crossing rope bridges? I didn't think so. :)


Nothing happens as Glimmil races across (no readied actions).

1d20 ⇒ 3


Still have a standard left. I'm guessing Glimmil thought he could walk onto the walkway.


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Dyrant's face contorts in involuntary rage as he sees and feels the effortless transition of Atol's healing unto him.

Why does *HE*, the simpleton, get to do that? THAT SHOULD BE ME!

Dyrant grunts and accepts the blessing, working hard to swallow his pride and jealousy.

Angel, give me strength to bear this burden!

Dyrant straightens, happy to feel less pain, and addresses Atol through clenched teeth.

"Thank you, Atol. St. Cuthbert works through you."

It should be me.

* * *

Round 4, Init 18

Looking around, Dyrant speaks.

"I do not believe that the vampire is that way...but it's possible that he is in an alcove or cavern down that way. I agree that we should go deal with the goblin barracks."

Dyrant winces at his wounds.

"I shall follow as best I can."

Ready action to move, following after (and ending up behind) Finn when he moves.

Dyrant's Status:

AC: 17 (Mage armor)
HP: 9/18
Weapon Equipped = xbow
Blessing of St. Cuthbert (+2 AC/Saves) = Glim
Healing Touched Today = Cog,Dyrant


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 5 Init 22

Status:

HP = 24/24
AC = 21/10/21
Weapon Equipped = Silvered MorningStar
Speed = 20'
Oracle Spells Left (CL 3, +6 melee touch, +2 ranged touch):
1 4/6 Divine Favor, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds, Enlarge Person, Remove Fear
Status Effects = None

"Kill pests then find vampires Dyrant."

Finneas puts actions to words and moves up.

Double move to N18.


Goblin:
"They're back! A dog's leg says I can hit the ugly one!"


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

GM Chris: @#%^*#%@#!! That is all. With hate, Dyrant.


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 5, Init 25 {>M17}

Dr. Toffitt goes on full defense and moves into the room. "Glimmil, I would happily fire arrows at him if he didn't have the benefit of cover and higher ground. I am a doctor expert with blades, not a sharp shooter. Dyrant, could you perhaps eliminate the webs once we get within sword's range?"

HP = 25; AC = 25, 27 v. evil


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 4, Initiative 1, Location Z27 -> Behind Dyrant

Status:
AC: 17 HP: 21/21
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel
Conditions = None
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 7/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink
1) Protection from Evil
2) Hold Person

Atol moves to stay close to the still mangled Dyrant and draws a scroll (Cure Light Wounds).

"Fear not Dyrant, I can see you're still wounded. St. Cuthbert will help you through me - this I promise!"

I hope he makes it through the archery range. They really seem to have it out for him!


Blazing through some confusion. Please look at the map as I've placed people a little differently. I put Finneas where he said, with Dryant right behind as requested, with Atol right behind him as requested, but not at Z-27. I gave Glimmil his other move action to the foot of the slope. For future refernce, no double movement up the slope.

The goblin on the ledge fires an arrow that bypasses Finneas's cover and hits Dyrant.
1d20 + 4 + 1 - 2 ⇒ (15) + 4 + 1 - 2 = 18
1d6 ⇒ 5

Goblin Shout:
"You owe me a dog leg!"

1d20 + 4 ⇒ (16) + 4 = 20 - Another goblin comes into view at the back of the ledge.
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (6) + 4 = 10

New map to follow. Party is up for Round 5/6.

Round 4
Dyrant = 18 -
Glimmil = 4
Atol = 1
Round 5
Toffitt = 25
Finneas = 22
Goblins = 21


Please roleplay correctly and do not "see" the lizards and goblin in room 29 until you get to the top of the stairs. This is a hard corner.

Room 29:
Three moldy straw pallets lay heaped against the northern wall of this chamber, which has a door t teh east and an open archway to the west. The walls are covered in goblin graffiti, and large rat droppings litter the floor. There is a goblin that looks similar to the one that torched Dyrant earlier by the east door. There are two dog-sized lizards with two horns, one on either side of its head, and green scales that crackle with sparks of lightning.

Knowledge Aracana DC 12:
Shocker Lizard

New Map


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 4, Init 18

Stupid goblins. I hates them! Hates them! Dyrant rubs his many arrow wounds.

Dyrant delays. Since his readied action was for Finn to move, his initiative should be after Finn's round 5 move. He will act after Finn acts.


M Steinneblin (Rock Gnome) Paladin 13/Cavalier 1

Round 4, Init 4

"Steps!" Glimmil shouts with happiness, as much for his own benefit as the others.

Cautiously guiding Cog up them, he prepares for imminent combat.

Not sure if these stairs are particularly steep? I'm guessing they are: average steps and not difficult terrain? (linked)

Glimmil will guide Cog to the top, not expecting the lizards, and even go so far as to provoke an AoO from the lizard in (Q,24) as he rides all the way to (S,25).

Presuming that's all allowable, here's an attack with his lance using 10ft reach against Gob 5.

As Glimmil and Cog crest the stairs, he calls out to his companions behind him, "Big lizards here too! Hurry up!" The gnome does his best to protect himself against what will surely be several attacks to follow.

Better me than Dyrant!

Glimmil attack (lance, defensively): 1d20 + 2 ⇒ (10) + 2 = 12
Glimmil damage (lance): 1d6 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6

Glimmil's AC is 26 for the next round.

Status:
Cog 21/21HP
Glimmil 32/32HP


Half-Elf Barbarian (Urban Barbarian) 1, Alchemist (Internal Alchemist, Vivisectionist) 14
Stats:
Init +12 | Per 22* | F +17* R +19* W +9* | AC 35* (t20* f27* i22*) +1 crwd | CMD 33 | *many buffs

Round 5, Init 25 {>P21)

Dr. Toffitt downs an elixir of shield and moves to the base of the stairs.

HP = 25; AC = 22, 24 v. evil


|| Per +18 | Fort +13 Ref +8 Will +13 | BAB +12 | CMB +17 | CMD 29 || Init +7 Half-Orc (Smoking Eye) Oracle of Battle/Barbarian (Armored Hulk)/Rage Prophet/Chevalier 4/3/5/3

Round 6 Init 22

Status:

HP = 24/24
AC = 21/10/21
Weapon Equipped = Silvered MorningStar
Speed = 20'
Oracle Spells Left (CL 3, +6 melee touch, +2 ranged touch):
1 4/6 Divine Favor, Shield of Faith, Cure Light Wounds, Enlarge Person, Remove Fear
Status Effects = None

Finneas moves forward and attempts to distract the goblin.

Move to N21 and Intimidate Gob2
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (20) + 8 = 28

Orc:

"Hey Crotchsniffer, get out of here before I come up there!"


1d20 + 4 ⇒ (5) + 4 = 9 - The lizard bites only air as Cog and Glimmil move past him.


I mislabled Rounds 5 and 6 as 4 and 5 above. This is where things stand including Dyrant's corrected initiative.

Round 5 so far

Round 5
Glimmil = 4 - Moves into Room 29. Missed by lizard. Misses the goblin.
Atol = 1 - Still to go. I'm guessing use the scroll on Dyrant and move somewhere.
Round 6
Toffitt = 25 - Moves and drinks shield.
Finneas = 22 - Moved and demoralized Gob 2
Dyrant = 22- Delayed for Finneas. Still to go.
Goblins & lizards = 21


Male Human (Per +6 | Fort +16 Ref +11 Will +21 | AC 29 (f28/t15) | CMD 20)

Round 4, Initiative 1, Location N16 -> P19

Status:
AC: 17 HP: 21/21
Weapon Equipped = Cudgel & Scroll
Conditions = None
Channel Energy Left: 2/7
Resistant Touch Left: 8/8
Strength Surge Left: 7/8
Cleric Spells Remaining:
0) Create Water, Guidance, Light, Purify Food & Drink
1) Protection from Evil
2) Hold Person

Sorry, waiting for Dyrant, but I see he skipped his round 4

Atol casts Cure Light Wounds for 1d8 + 1 ⇒ (7) + 1 = 8 from a scroll on the poor needy Dyrant.

"OK then, let's get out of the range of this archer!"

Atol then moves closer to the base of the stairs to P 19. ...and ducks


Stats:
F14:R16:W16 (+2);K(Arc)23;K(Dun)12;K(Hist)16;K(Loc)22;K(Nat)22;K(Pln)27;K(Rel)22;Perc 25;SMot 20;Spllcft 26;UMD 18
Cuthbertist 15 - Bludgeoner First Class

Round 6, Init 22

Stupid goblins, I hates them.

Dyrant will move to O20 and cast Daze (DC 14 will) at the gobbo2 in L23.

If the goblin fails his will save, Dryant will tell Finn from behind, "Nice work, he's distracted."


1d20 + 1 ⇒ (10) + 1 = 11 - Gob 2 fails save


Started this post 3.5 hours ago before I got dragged into a meeting. :-(

While one goblin stands on the ledge doing nothing, the other one steps up and shoots in the general direction of Finneas.

Meanwhile, the goblin facing Glimmil concentrates on avoiding Glimmil's lance while he sends forth his own lance of fire that burns Glimmil. The two lizards advance on Glimmil and follow up fire with electricity.

1d20 + 4 + 1 ⇒ (2) + 4 + 1 = 7 - Gob 1 at Finnneas
Gob 2 dazed and shaken
Gob 3 - wouldn't you like to know
Gob 4 - wouldn't you like to know
1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20 Gob 5 - concentration check
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (20) + 4 = 24 Gob 5 - Touch attack
1d20 + 4 ⇒ (9) + 4 = 13 Confirms I think.
4d6 ⇒ (1, 1, 4, 5) = 11 damage
4d6 ⇒ (1, 6, 4, 3) = 14 additional damage if it confirms

1d8 ⇒ 6 - Shock from lizard 1 (DC 13 Reflex for half). Only Glimmil. Not Cog.
1d8 ⇒ 6 - Shock from lizard 2 (DC 13 Reflex for half). Only Glimmil. Not Cog.

Map to follow


Party up for Round 6/7.

Round 6
Glimmil = 4 - Might be down.
Atol = 1
Round 7
Toffitt = 25
Finneas = 22
Dyrant = 22-
Goblins = 21

New Map

3,851 to 3,900 of 13,588 << first < prev | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81 | 82 | 83 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Shackled City (Pathfinder) - GM_Chris All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.