Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game


Pathfinder Society


Starfinder


Starfinder Society

GM Otha's Evergreen Trilogy I

Game Master Otha

Handouts

Maps

This will be a run of the following three scenarios in the order below:

The Confirmation (Completed)
Master of the Fallen Fortress (Completed)
The Consortium Compact (In Progress)


1 to 50 of 760 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Consortium Compact

Welcome to the Gameplay Thread. When your character is ready, please post (aka dot) here and then delete the post.

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

The invitation delivered last night was remarkably simple, especially given the importance of the occasion: “Start where it all began. Meet us at the Pig’s Paunch one hour before dawn.

The Pig’s Paunch is a run-down building with a faded sign of a large pig standing on its hind legs, arms folded above a corpulent belly. As each of you arrive and go inside, you find the air thick with the scents of human sweat, stale tobacco, and leftover food.

Roll Perception; if you roll higher than the check (10) click on the button below

Perception DC10:

You notice a small halfling woman standing by the fireplace, next to a slim Elven man, in the middle of the pub. Walking up to her, she greets you.

"Welcome young Pathfinder! I am Janira Gavix and this is Master of Scrolls, Kreighton Shaine. We will start the Confirmation briefing once everyone arrives; please proceed to the round table in the southeast corner of the room. Feel free to order breakfast and converse with your fellow Pathfinders until then. And remember our motto: Explore, cooperate and report!"

Click the button below if you failed the Perception check (<10)

Perception < 10:

Noticing that you look hopelessly lost, a small halfing woman walks up and greets you by the door.

"Looking for the Pathfinder Confirmation briefing, I presume? I am Janira Gavix and over by the fireplace is the Master of Scrolls, Kreighton Shaine. We will start the briefing once everyone arrives; please proceed to the round table in the southeast corner of the room. Feel free to order breakfast and converse with your fellow Pathfinders until then. And remember our motto: Explore, cooperate and report!"

The first link will take you to a map of the pub, the second will show pictures of your hosts

The Pig's Paunch

Pics

On the map, please move your icon over to a space by the round table in the southeast corner...you can roleplay as you wish till the briefing starts (looking at Monday)...

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 3/3, Blessings: 4/4, Fervor: 3/3 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves)

Grey smiles and savors the smell, the sweet smells of home.

Perception: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22

"Gavix. Shaine... Grey."

Making his way around the unconscious he orders ale, bacon, ham, sausage, and eggs from the bar. Eventually finding a place at the table to wait for the others.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Female Occultist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 (T 11, FF 13) | CMB: +3* CMD: 14* | F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Mental Focus: Div 0/1, Trans 5/5 | Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str)

Lovissa strolled into the run-down little building like she owned the place. She looked around, took a deep whiff of the air, and smiled. Oh, that smell! Everything may be cleaner here in Absalom than it was back home in the far north, but that smell. It was like a little piece of home. Perfect!

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

"Hail and well met, Janira of the line of Gavix! And greetings to you Master Kreighton of the line of Shaine!" Lovissa replied heartily to the little halfling woman's greeting. "I am Lovisaa Halenbane -- daughter of Margerice Halenbane and granddaughter of the great Abrenica Halenbane! I thank you for your hospitality!"

After surveying the room, Lovissa strides over the table in the back, dragging an extra chair with her as she goes. "Greetings, fellow Pathfinder!" She says to Grey. "I am Lovissa of the line of Halenbane -- daughter of Margerice and granddaughter of Abrenica and Ferdinand! Might I join you?"

---

After waiting for introductions Lovissa claims the seat in the back corner, placing the extra chair she brought over beside her own. She kicks her feet up onto the extra chair and leans back in her seat happily.

"That's a hearty meal you have!" she announces, eyeing Grey's food with a hungry grin. "I'll have the same!"

After ordering she enquires. "So? What's your story? Is this your first mission?"

When her food comes she digs into it with gusto, happily complimenting the food and drink.

Sovereign Court

Male Grippli UnRogue | AC17 T14 F14 | HP 10/10 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per: +6 (+7 vs Traps) [Darkvision 60ft]

Perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (14) + 6 = 20

Todd breathed deeply. The stenches in the human lands were always so interesting. "I'm- I'm Todd," the Grippli says, looking at Janira, Shaine, Grey, and Lovissa in turn. "H-hi."

Adjusting his leather armor, Todd stood still as though waiting for something, glancing around this way and that although not giving more attention to any particular thing.

Grand Lodge

Human Female Occultist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 (T 11, FF 13) | CMB: +3* CMD: 14* | F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Mental Focus: Div 0/1, Trans 5/5 | Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str)

Lovissa stands up and offers the little grippli a hearty handshake.

"Hail and well met, Todd! I am Lovissa of the line of Halenbane--daughter of Margerice and granddaughter of Abrenica and Ferdinand!"

She sits back down and kicks her feet back up onto her extra chair. "Sit! Eat! Join us!" she urges.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli UnRogue | AC17 T14 F14 | HP 10/10 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per: +6 (+7 vs Traps) [Darkvision 60ft]

"H-hi, that's a long name," Todd responded to Lovissa as he returned the handshake.

He did as she urged and took a seat. His small frame meant that his head was still under the table as he sat, but Todd didn't seem to mind. He moved to kneel instead of sit, which helped. "I'm just Todd."

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Female Occultist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 (T 11, FF 13) | CMB: +3* CMD: 14* | F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Mental Focus: Div 0/1, Trans 5/5 | Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str)

Lovissa lets out a deep belly laugh.

"That is my lineage, Todd! And it is a proud one! But, as my comrade, you may call me Lovissa. Remember my name, for it will soon be legendary!"

After Todd has ordered some food she asks: "And you? No one is 'just' anything! We are all more. Surely you have accomplished some great deeds? Have you no title or nickname? Perhaps we could call you 'Todd the Frog,' or 'Todd the Green-skinned.' Todd the Nimble! Nay! Todd the Toad! Well, what do you think? Or do you prefer 'Just Todd'?"

Sovereign Court

Male Grippli UnRogue | AC17 T14 F14 | HP 10/10 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per: +6 (+7 vs Traps) [Darkvision 60ft]

Todd looks at Lovissa and opens his mouth. After a moment he closes it, looking away from her as if pondering something. A few more moments pass and he returns his attention to Lovissa.

"I-I'm Todd, son of Todd and Jill, grandson of Todd and Ann," Todd said.

"But. You-You can call me Todd," he added after a short pause.

Grand Lodge

Human Female Occultist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 (T 11, FF 13) | CMB: +3* CMD: 14* | F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Mental Focus: Div 0/1, Trans 5/5 | Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str)

"A-ha!" she crows triumphantly. "See? More. We all are! Well met, TODD."

Lovissa raises her mug. "Refill!"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Evoker (1.) | AC 11 T11 F10 | HP 9/9 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | F +0 R +1 W +3 | Init +1 | Perc. +6 SM +3 | Spells: 1st 4/4 Force Missile 7/7 |

Cerryl stops and reflects how the inn reminds him of home, and is thankful for the favor his Aunt and Uncle called in for this chance.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (8) + 8 = 16

Thanks Ms. Gavix and Mr. Shaine, I'm Cerryl

Approaching the table Cerryl notices it is a little crowded already and decides to take a chair at the table to the left against the wall.

Well met, I am Cerryl and that looks good. I think I will have eggs, bacon, and some fresh bread. Also, what drinks do you have on tap?

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 3/3, Blessings: 4/4, Fervor: 3/3 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves)

Grey nods as the others approach, gesturing to his food in response to Lovissa's questions. Midway he stops to interrupt their food orders.

"Don't order the sausage. It's cut with sawdust." A long pause, and then "I'm Grey."

Another long silence as he finishes his breakfast.

"Halenbane. Second job for Society. Found' druids weapon for them. Moonsilver? Sliverhex? Some druid-like. They went on about field commissions and confirmations. Pay been good. You noble?" Grey asks taking in the longsword, light armor, and embossed belt. His eyes searching, trying to place a label on Lovissa.

"Todd." Grey pauses for a while, letting Lovissa carry the conversation while he thinks, "You get much trouble for being green?"

Sovereign Court

Male Grippli UnRogue | AC17 T14 F14 | HP 10/10 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per: +6 (+7 vs Traps) [Darkvision 60ft]

"N-no. Trouble for being so. Short. E-everything is so tall. I'm just a little guy but you all so big." Todd claimed. As if to demonstrate, he reached for a fork and picked it up. The utensil was nearly as long as his forearm.

"I-I guess it's a good thing I-I have such a big mouth."

Grand Lodge

Human Female Occultist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 (T 11, FF 13) | CMB: +3* CMD: 14* | F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Mental Focus: Div 0/1, Trans 5/5 | Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str)

Lovissa laughs. "From a noble LINE, but not nobility!" she boasts. "My mother is a Taldan Pathfinder specializing in Ulfen relics and history. My Grandmother was a Pathfinder specializing in Kellid relics and history. My father... Well, he was Ulfen, that's for sure, but Margerice Halenbane's never been choosy with men!" Lovissa laughs at this deeply, clearly thinking it's hilarious.

"You see this belt?" she asks, standing and thrusting forward her fine belt for all to see. It's made from well-preserved leather and features a stylized linnorm embossed along its length."This is the belt of Borogrim the Bold! A great hero and a historic Linnorm King! Discovered in his tomb by my mother, Margerice Halenbane and myself, near fifteen years ago. Ahhh... I was but a whelp then--a whip-thin girl who hadn't grown into her muscles yet! She laughs again, a deep belly laugh that shakes the table.

"And this!" she exclaims lowering her head for all to see the ancient headband she wears. It's of simple make, but incredibly well-preserved, decorated with wooden beads painted a vibrant blood-red. "This was found in the remains of an ancient Kellid camp. My grandmother, Abrenica, led the excavation of the site, and my grandfather worked as scribe--he never had a head for adventure. Died not long after--poor chap. And the headband was gifted to me. I was only five then, but already a deft hand with a brush and trowel!"

After showing off her relics she sits back down and kicks her feet back up. "This will be my first official mission, but I've been helping my forebears on their missions all my life. I was born on a dig, in fact! In the Tomb of the Shattered Shield buried in the Great Gray Glacier of North Peak! You might have read about it in the Chronicles."

"Short?!" Lovissa exclaims. "Bah! Nonsense! Short is nimble! Short is quick! Why when I was your size I wrestled a wolf into submission on the steppes of Gar-Grath!" She mutters under her breath.

"Aye, you do have a big mouth," she says with a smile. "A fine trait!"

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Half-Orc Oracle 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | War Sight, Vow to Self: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Rykaar steps in confidently into the rundown Inn and looks around...

Perception: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (17) + 3 = 20

He squints ever so slightly in the poorly lit room, nods at the odd couple standing by the fireplace and walks over.

Grasping the little hand in his bear-like mitt, "Greetings Janira Gavix", and nods at the elf, "Master Shaine..."

"I am Rykaar Val'Mor. Thank you for the invitation. I look forward to the Ceremony" He beams a toothy grin, and his handsome yet rugged half-orc tusks sparkle in the fire light.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23

He then saunters over to the back table, flashing his friendly grin to the odd gathering of folks, "May the Lucky Lady smile on you, and the Master of Trade fill your purses. I am Rykaar Val'Mor, and I most delighted to meet you."

A towering, muscular and handsome half-orc in shining scale mail and well oiled weapons stands before the table, smiling at each one of you in turn as he looks directly into your eyes, and finishing off with a wink at Lovissa.

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli UnRogue | AC17 T14 F14 | HP 10/10 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per: +6 (+7 vs Traps) [Darkvision 60ft]

"H-hi. I'm Todd," he started before looking at Lovissa. "Son of Todd and Jill, grandson of Todd and Ann."

Looking back at Rykaar, he added. "But you can call me Todd."

He thought about Lovissa and her relics, mentally recounting his own gear. Unfortunately, the lineage of Todd was not a very adventurous one.

"This armor is mine," Todd started in his usual monotone, brushing off a bit of dust on the shoulder. "I-I bought it. And this rapier. I. Also bought that. Another skyward pause before he lifted his foot. "M-my mother made me shoes." There was a hint of pride in his voice at that.

Grand Lodge

Human Female Occultist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 (T 11, FF 13) | CMB: +3* CMD: 14* | F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Mental Focus: Div 0/1, Trans 5/5 | Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str)

Lovissa smiles back boldly at Rykaar, stands and offers him a handshake. "Hail and well met, Rykaar of the line of Val'Mor!! And to you, Cerryl of the line of Grey! I am Lovissa of the line of Halenbane, daughter of Margerice and granddaughter of Abrenica and Ferdinand!"

She claps Todd on the back when he announces himself, then she sits back down and leaves the chair she's been putting her feet on for someone to sit on.

Lovissa smiles at Todd's recounting of his clothes. "And fine shoes they are, Todd!"

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 3/3, Blessings: 4/4, Fervor: 3/3 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves)

Grey stares into his ale and ponders Todd's response, then finishes it in a gulp. "Good to know. You our burglar?" Gray leans to the left and eyes the small rapier.

"Grey, I'm Grey. Good call, skipping the sausage." Grey turns to Cerryl and finishes picking a piece of sawdust out of his teeth. The canines stand out, not as large as orc tusks but larger than any humans. "You gonna be throwing fireballs and makin' pits? Anything we gonna be dodging?"

Responding to Lovissa "So you a scholar. You know what this job is about today?" Grey smells his empty ale pint and then decides to order another. "Ain't about to get drunk before a job, but this stuff is watered down and weak. You taken them three years of pathfinder training?"

"Val'Mor. Grey." Grey meets Rykaars gaze with his own amber eyes and then does a visual tally of his gear, as he had with every team member. "Nice arms. We expecting hard fighting? Monsters?" Looking back at his own gear it looks sparse in comparison, short sword, shield, javelins.

The Exchange

Male LN Half-Orc Oracle 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | War Sight, Vow to Self: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Rykaar heartily shakes the bold woman's hand, "Well met Lovissa of the line of Halenbane, daughter of Margerice and granddaughter of Abrenica and Ferdinand! And good health to you too sir, Todd the Third. I am indeed blessed by the Gods to have such distinguished company!"

He deftly swings a gleaming greataxe strapped on his back, and presenting it for all to see, "This is my truest and oldest companion, Oathmaker's Kiss...", he kisses the sharp blade and rest the axe against the back wall.

He then sits in the chair vacated by Lovissa, "Breakfast for me too! Eggs, bacon, ale, bread, and then more ale!"

He shrugs at Todd's shoes, unsure of the frogman's need to describe his clothing and continues, "I am new to the City and the Pathfinder business interests here... I hail from the highlands of Nirmathas and trained at the Ashfall Lodge in Tamran."

He looks at the others with the unequivocal raised eyebrows... and you?"

The Exchange

Male LN Half-Orc Oracle 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | War Sight, Vow to Self: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

He nods at Grey and listens to his accounting of the team around the table. He raises an eyebrow at the mention of fireballs and pits, and intently observes the quiet man eating breakfast.

Responding to Grey, "I always come prepared for hard fighting and monsters... I have been fortunate not to faced many on my journey here, but one can never be too prepared nor have too many weapons. As for our mission here today...", he shrugs.

Sovereign Court

Male Grippli UnRogue | AC17 T14 F14 | HP 10/10 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per: +6 (+7 vs Traps) [Darkvision 60ft]

"S-sometimes," Todd responded to Grey. "I-Is that what we need?"

He listened to the group go on as he began eating his food, rolling around bits of it with his fork while he chewed. Todd attempted to be proper in his mannerisms. One of the first lessons he learned about eating was not to reach across the table with his tongue to grab food in the human lands. Rule two was to use your fork. It was polite.

"I-I don't know, e-either. But avoiding monsters could be an option..."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Kitsune Magus(Eldritch Scion) - 1 LVL | HP: 9/9 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs fear and death effects)| Init +6 | Perc +2, SM +1, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 0: 3/3 1st: 3/3 | Eldritch Pool 4 | (typical effect) -2 attack to cast spells and attack while in Mystical state of focus

The doors of the Pigs Paunch open and in walks a half fox half humanoid black fur covering her body with the exception of a white underbelly, looking a bit confused as she steps inside blinking quietly as she looks about, one hand defensively on her sword hilt and robes held close about her.

Perception: 1d20 + 212 ⇒ (16) + 212 = 228

After speaking with Janira and ordering eggs and toast making an assumption here she makes her way to the Southwest table as suggested to meet the others gathered and inclines her head to greet the others, "Greetings Fellows are you responding to the summons as well?"

The Exchange

Male LN Half-Orc Oracle 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | War Sight, Vow to Self: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

The massive half-orc beams handsomely and grins widely (showing large pointy tusks) as the foxy lady joins the table, "Yes I believe we are. Please join our table and let's break bread together. I am Rykaar Val'Mor."

He jumps up and offers his seat, pulling another chair from an empty table and seating himself between the two ladies. He sits back down and smiles widely, looking from side to side at the women and either side of him.

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Magus(Eldritch Scion) - 1 LVL | HP: 9/9 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs fear and death effects)| Init +6 | Perc +2, SM +1, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 0: 3/3 1st: 3/3 | Eldritch Pool 4 | (typical effect) -2 attack to cast spells and attack while in Mystical state of focus

looks mildly perturbed and positions herself on the far side of the table from the Half-Orc who she felt was trying to flirt best to shut them down quickly she thought and had always when men tried such tactics. Greetings Val'Mor I am Rei UlSkadi, please call me Ulskadi. She Adjusts her sword belt the looks to the female on Rykaar's right What might your name be Beautiful?

Grand Lodge

Human Female Occultist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 (T 11, FF 13) | CMB: +3* CMD: 14* | F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Mental Focus: Div 0/1, Trans 5/5 | Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str)

"I assure you, Grey, I am much more than a scholar," she boasts. "But I know no more than you about our mission."

"You are lucky, indeed, Rykaar! We all are. This will be a strong team!"

"Oathmaker's Kiss? There's a tale to tell there. Share it then, Rykaar, don't leave us in suspense."Lovissa insists.

"My lineage hails from Taldor, but I have never been there. I spent my life travelling the Realms of the Mammoth Lords and the Lands of the Linnorm Kings. My mother and my grandmother before her were Pathfinders who specialized in the cultures of the far north! You may have read of their exploits in the chronicles. Being a Pathfinder is in in my blood! I travelled on foot from the far North to Absalom to train here, at the centre of the world, as my mother and grandmother before me did! I am pleased to finally begin the next chapter of my legend! And YOU are all a part of it!"

"Hail And well met, Ulskadi! I am Lovissa Halenbane, daughter of Margerice and granddaughter of Abrenica and Ferdinand, Pathfinder by birth and trade. Welcome!"She stands and gives Ulskadi a firm handshake, before sitting back down in her chair between Grey and Rykaar.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Evoker (1.) | AC 11 T11 F10 | HP 9/9 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | F +0 R +1 W +3 | Init +1 | Perc. +6 SM +3 | Spells: 1st 4/4 Force Missile 7/7 |

Well met Lovissa Halenbane, daughter of Margerice and granddaughter of Abrenica and Ferdinand. Also thanks for the warning Grey was debating getting a little sausage for Lyasa.

Glances at the owl perched on the chair next to him frowning a little with how she was watching Todd a little too intently. pulls out a few pieces of rabbit from last night tossing them to Lyasa

No fireballs for me yet though I can throw a little fire around if any enemies group in front of me. Though prefer standing off a little and focusing my spells on single targets and always have my crossbow if I run out.

No special linage here father ran afoul of another wizard and died when I was still a baby. Was raised by my Aunt and Uncle on a depleted mining shaft before they got me an apprenticeship with a scribe.

Looks a little saddened when Rykaar gets his second ale and sighing An ale here please also. Thinking to himself my breakfast will be cold before I get something to drink otherwise.

Grand Lodge

Human Female Occultist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 (T 11, FF 13) | CMB: +3* CMD: 14* | F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Mental Focus: Div 0/1, Trans 5/5 | Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str)

"The only fire I possess is in my soul!" Lovissa boasts. "Your abilities will be most welcome, Cerryl. And you, Ulskadi? Where do your talents lay?

Sovereign Court

Male Grippli UnRogue | AC17 T14 F14 | HP 10/10 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per: +6 (+7 vs Traps) [Darkvision 60ft]

Todd waved at Ulskadi. "I-I'm Todd," he said before pausing, wondering if he would have to add his lineage to every greeting. Deciding to play it safe, he continued. "Son of Todd and Jill, grandson of Todd and Ann." He pushed some of his food around on his plate. "B-but you can call me. Todd."

It was them he noticed the owl beside Grey, and the Grippli met its eyes. "A-are you - Are you gunna eat that?" He asked, his eyes shifting from the bird to the human. Todd remembered his father, who was able to catch birds flying by with his tongue alone. His family often ate well during migration season.

The Exchange

Male LN Half-Orc Oracle 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | War Sight, Vow to Self: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

"Yes today OUR legend begins!", he raises his mug of ale and toasts.

"I too come from less exalted a lineage, growing up in the highlands of Nirmathas. My parents are still simple farmers and sheep herders. But that is NOT the life for me! I am Chosen you see, by the Lady Luck, the Master of Vaults and Laws, and Our Lord in Iron. I hear their commands and am an instrument of Their Will."

He glances over to the greataxe resting against the wall, "Oathmaker's Kiss... she gives me the strength and the will to carry out my promises. I do not pledge my honor lightly. If I give you my Word, know that I will keep it, and will seal my commitment on Her steel."

He grows somber in sharp contrast to the jovial manner he displayed earlier, as though he regrets having spoken openly of something he cares for so deeply.

He he he, I like Todd.

Grand Lodge

Male Human Evoker (1.) | AC 11 T11 F10 | HP 9/9 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | F +0 R +1 W +3 | Init +1 | Perc. +6 SM +3 | Spells: 1st 4/4 Force Missile 7/7 |

Looks again at everyone's equipment and then to his quarterstaff he left leaning against the wall and the crossbow in the seat next to him

Thank you Lovissa and hope I can meet the expectations.

Lyasa flares her wings a little at Todd before hopping to the table to eat the rabbit Cerryl threw earlier

Cerryl glances at the rabbit Lyasa is eating and back at Todd.

The rabbit, no I just keep a few pieces from her last kill around to keep her calm when we have to stay in crowded areas. Never trusted the hoods others use on their familiars; You never know when an extra set of eyes will be needed and I would not want to handicap her if we are attacked.

Cerryl turns back thankful he finally has something to drink and starts to demolish the the plate in front of him.

Grand Lodge

Human Female Occultist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 (T 11, FF 13) | CMB: +3* CMD: 14* | F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Mental Focus: Div 0/1, Trans 5/5 | Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str)

Hahaha! You always make me laugh, Todd.

Lovissa raises her glass in the toast, then taps her glass against everyone else's, even if they haven't lifted up their glasses. "Here, here!" Lovissa agrees.

"More bacon!" Lovissa calls out, raising her plate in the air for the waitress to fill. "And a jug of water."

Turning the conversation back onto her comrades, Lovissa asks Cerryl: "Is he a hunter or a scout?" She's clearly referring to your owl.

Sovereign Court

Male Grippli UnRogue | AC17 T14 F14 | HP 10/10 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per: +6 (+7 vs Traps) [Darkvision 60ft]

"O-oh. Okay." Was Todd's only response to Grey. He resumed eating, shifting his gaze from his plate to the bird every so often. Todd was too polite to correct Grey on what he actually meant; it just would have been too awkward for everyone involved. Best not to draw attention to it.

Todd raised his glass to Rykaar's toast. He had never thought he was going to end up a legend. That sounded like it might be interesting. Also, a lot of hard work. Nevertheless, Todd was up to the task. "H-here, here."

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

Janira walks quickly over to your table, a friendly and infectious smile lighting up her face.

"Aspiring young Pathfinders! Now that you're all here and getting to know one another, we well begin the briefing shortly. Master Shaine and I will grab a quick bite while you finish your breakfast. Eat well while you can...during this Confirmation we will be living off rations or whatever the land provides."

The halfing bows and returns to sit and eat with the Master of Scrolls...

Grand Lodge

Male Human Evoker (1.) | AC 11 T11 F10 | HP 9/9 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | F +0 R +1 W +3 | Init +1 | Perc. +6 SM +3 | Spells: 1st 4/4 Force Missile 7/7 |

looking at Lyasa while raising his mug for the toast

More hunter than scout though hoping to change that as the bond grows. I can only get a general sense of feelings and impressions so there is still some miscommunication when I have attempted to use her as a scout.

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 3/3, Blessings: 4/4, Fervor: 3/3 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves)

Grey nods to Janira and sets out a couple silver for the breakfast, ready to begin the briefing.

"...Rations..." He quickly digs through has backpack, a sturdy well made thing, and curses, "By the Father! Rations... Barkeep! bread! ham! a jug of ale! Lots of it!"

Dark Archive

Female Kitsune Magus(Eldritch Scion) - 1 LVL | HP: 9/9 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs fear and death effects)| Init +6 | Perc +2, SM +1, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 0: 3/3 1st: 3/3 | Eldritch Pool 4 | (typical effect) -2 attack to cast spells and attack while in Mystical state of focus

UlSkadi Smiles as she ponders if she has made a missteped somehow in her introductions and assumptions once again, her mentor had warned her they would be different out here
"Pleasure to meet you Tod I must admit I am not the historian of my Families Liniage. my twin may know it better, but I focused on my Natural Skills more. You may have the right of it though, Family is important."

She attempts to size up Cerryl and Grey unsure of where she will settle in the group with them while she eats and sits back relaxing a bit.

turning to Lovissa she replies,"With my blade and spell if they last the first barrage of spells my sword should finish them up, at least that's how I was trained to deal with enemies."

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

After you have all finished your breakfast, the Master of Scrolls, followed by Janira Gavix, saunters over to the group. The tall Elf addresses you all.

“Welcome! Welcome, my students! Please, keep your seats!” With that, Kreighton Shaine, the Pathfinder Society’s Master of Scrolls, nimbly drops down to sit cross-legged on the table before looking about the tavern with a sense of reverent wonder. “Can you believe it? It all started here years ago—well, over four hundred of them at least. Under this very roof the Pathfinder Society was born.

But today! Today you will begin your Confirmation! Master Farabellus, Master Zey, and I all agree you each have shown your worth and dedication to the Society, so there’s no better time to see if you can handle becoming full field operatives. Allow me to officially introduce you to Janira Gavix,” he says as he motions for the excitable halfling woman to approach.

She wears a large backpack and carries all manner of tools, pouches, and scroll cases around her waist. Shaine continues, saying, “Janira here will be going with you on your Confirmation. She was one of my brightest pupils and will no doubt be an invaluable resource on your journey, for she discovered the caves you are about to explore during her own Confirmation.”

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

Janira speaks up in an enthusiastic and cheerful voice, "Greetings, aspiring Pathfinders! Six months ago, while I was mapping cave entrances in the foothills of the Kortos Mountains, I witnessed a lone gillman entering a concealed cave. I thought little of it at the time, but I saw another one enter the cave again a month later as my Confirmation stretched on. A few days later, after I completed my assigned task, I entered the cave system, but was unable to find the gillmen.”

Master Shaine hops to his feet, interrupting the young halfling. “Initiates, for your Confirmation, you will travel to these caves to explore and document its many passages. Additionally, and most importantly, you are to learn what the gillmen are up to in there. Oh, and you need to come back alive as well.” With these parting words, the Master of Scrolls jumps off the table and strolls out of the building while humming to himself.

Janira smiles fondly at the eccentric Elf as he leaves and then turns back to the party and pulls out a large leather-bound journal and opens it on the table. “Before we set out, we should all get to know each other and review our plan. After all, the most important factors that determine whether an expedition will be a success are cooperation and preparation! I’ll go first!”

"As you know I'm Janira Gavix...you may call me Janira. I joined the Pathfinders 4 years ago when I came of age. While I initially joined to see the world and sample all of the fine food it had to offer, I quickly took to the Scrolls and its focus on learning and preserving knowledge. Along the way, I learned the arts of the whip, blade, and crossbow from Marcos Farabellus and a few spellcasting tricks from Aram Zey. I also have a love for teaching...and thus I am honored to lead you on your Confirmation...

Now it's your turn...why did each of you enlist with the Pathfinder Society?"

This can be as brief or as elaborate as you wish...I'll wait till each of you respond before continuing on...

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Human Evoker (1.) | AC 11 T11 F10 | HP 9/9 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | F +0 R +1 W +3 | Init +1 | Perc. +6 SM +3 | Spells: 1st 4/4 Force Missile 7/7 |

During my apprenticeship a few customers had me translating various texts and journals. Eventually I asked them what they were using the texts for and they introduced me to the Pathfinders society. While I could make a decent living as a scribe I am hoping to find some answers for the death of my parents and figured the Society would better train me along with exposing me to opportunities for discovering the reason for their deaths.

Turns to his backpack on the ground next to him and starts to dig through it

Grand Lodge

Male Human Evoker (1.) | AC 11 T11 F10 | HP 9/9 | CMB 0 CMD 11 | F +0 R +1 W +3 | Init +1 | Perc. +6 SM +3 | Spells: 1st 4/4 Force Missile 7/7 |

Hmm have a few rations but Janira will foraging opportunities be abundant on the trip to caves. Also, how far down did you go into the caves after your confirmation, and assuming water was present in or around the cave systems.

Throwing a couple silver pieces on the table and turning his companions

Does anyone have some rope, I did not bring any with me, and not sure if we will need some during the exploration.

Barkeep do you have a few hunks of cheese and a loaf or two of bread for sell

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

Janira smiles warmly at Cerryl. "Good questions young Cerryl. I will go further into my cave explorations, and the gear you may need, in just a bit...

Now who else would like to tell me why they joined the Pathfinders?"

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Female Occultist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 (T 11, FF 13) | CMB: +3* CMD: 14* | F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Mental Focus: Div 0/1, Trans 5/5 | Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str)

Lovissa stands proudly. "As all are aware, I am Lovissa Halenbane, daughter of Margerice and granddaughter of Abrenica and Ferdinand! Being a Pathfidner is in my blood! I've assisted on digs and excavations in the far north since I could walk. And though all missions are worthy, I've a love for ancient relics, and the secrets and powers I can learn from them."

"And fear not, Cerryl. I possess rope!"

She only has one days worth of rations, but will buy extra now for however many days Janira thinks we need.

The Exchange

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male LN Half-Orc Oracle 1 | HP 14/14 | AC 17 T 11 FF 16 | CMB +4, CMD 15 | F: +4, R: +3, W: +3 | Init: +3 | Perc: +3, SM: +3 | Speed 20ft | War Sight, Vow to Self: 1/1 | Spells: 1st 3/3 | Active conditions: None.

Rykaar listens to Janira's explanation and then to Cerryl and Lovissa, after which he interjects, "Mine is a simple story... I followed the guidance of the Gods and left the village in the highlands of Nirmathas to study in Ashfall Lodge in Tamran. As a follower of the Lord of the First Vault it is my duty to promote and protect trade."

He then lifts a large backpack and pulls out a coil of hemp rope attached to the outer frame, "Yes got rope too, and a few days worth of trail rations. If we need more I can pitch in for more supplies."

Dark Archive

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Female Kitsune Magus(Eldritch Scion) - 1 LVL | HP: 9/9 | AC 15 (T 12, FF 13) | CMB: 0 CMD: 12 | F:+3 R:+2 W:+3 (+2 vs fear and death effects)| Init +6 | Perc +2, SM +1, Diplomacy +3 | Speed 20 ft. | Spells: 0: 3/3 1st: 3/3 | Eldritch Pool 4 | (typical effect) -2 attack to cast spells and attack while in Mystical state of focus

Ulskadi listens and shrugs as her turn comes up,"My reasons were I wished to go explore the world and delve in to the Mysteries of Magic. My sister Almut joined the Dark Archive and Pathfinders a couple years back so I figured what better place to better understand Magic while I study Swordplay.[b]"

She also takes stock of her current provisions and looks back up, "[b]I think I may need to add some additional rations as well."

Sovereign Court

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Grippli UnRogue | AC17 T14 F14 | HP 10/10 | CMB:-1 CMD:11 | F:+2 R:+5 W:+2 | Init:+5 | Per: +6 (+7 vs Traps) [Darkvision 60ft]

"I-I was a member of the Aspis Consortium, first," Todd admitted. "But they. They aren't nice people. Sometimes I-I'm not nice people, but they w-were never nice people. The... Society picked me up n-not too long after. A-and now I've met a-all you nice people." He looked from friend to friend, knowing that dropping the A-bomb was always a terrible idea around Pathfinders.

He did check his bag, however, and after a few moments of rummaging around he looked back up. "I-I'm not prepared..." he claimed, ashamed.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Human Female Occultist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 (T 11, FF 13) | CMB: +3* CMD: 14* | F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Mental Focus: Div 0/1, Trans 5/5 | Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str)

"And a fine decision it was, Todd! Be proud, for your past is redeemed!" Lovissa exclaims. She claps him on the back in congratulations.

Grand Lodge

1 person marked this as a favorite.
Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 3/3, Blessings: 4/4, Fervor: 3/3 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves)

Grey looks from Pathfinder to Pathfinder nodding at there respective expertise, duties, and history; and then to Janira. "I kill. The Society gave me a job. Now I kill your enemies."

Under the eyes of his superiors Grey continues, not sure if the pressure to elaborate is imagined or real: "I'm not book smart, but I grew up 'n the streets and can spot a pit trap or 'n ambush a ways out. And I'm paid to make sure it's not Pathfinders that are git'in killed."

"I like your Cooperate law... It makes these things simple." 'Got a job, and don't need to worry about back stabbing. Or stabbing before get'in stabbed' He muses to himself.

Grand Lodge

Consortium Compact

Janira nods and grins heartily after your answers. "Excellent! As you can see, we Pathfinders come from all walks of life. Now on to the details of the mission at hand,” Janira says with an eager grin.

“After reviewing my mission reports personally, Master Shaine believes it is no coincidence that each time the gillmen entered the caves it was during a full moon, so it is also no coincidence that you have been called here now, just a day before the moon is full again. We both believe that tomorrow night is our best chance to find out why these caves are important and what exactly the gillmen are doing in there.

The caves we’ll be travelling to lie under the base of the Kortos Mounts. We’ll need to spend every minute of daylight possible to reach the caves by foot, crossing over the Cairnlands, taking the paths to Diobel, and finally making our way through the wilderness. With any luck we won’t run into any of the local inhabitants. Once in the caves, we’ll need to work together to explore and determine whether any gillman are present or have been recently. Keep an eye out for any other clues that might hint at the caves’ significance, too.”

Janira reveals a map to the party of the Isle of Kortos, showing the location of the caves; she takes a swig of ale before continuing.

Map of Kortos

“Now, before I open the floor for questions, we should take a moment to go through your gear and make sure nothing important gets left out. Some things you might find useful are rope, a light source, food (2 days worth), healing supplies, and writing materials...one of the most important aspects of being a Pathfinder is to report on your findings. I can supply you with pen and paper if needed...

Now, are there any questions?”

Knowledge (Geography) DC 10:
At the center of the Isle of Kortos stand the Kortos Mounts, the points on the island.

Knowledge (Geography) DC 15:
Entire tribes of centaurs, harpies, and minotaurs constantly vie for territory up and around the Mounts, with harpies being the most common at higher altitudes and centaurs controlling the lower slopes and foothills.

Knowledge (History) DC 15:
Also known as the Low Azlanti, the gillmen are an amphibious humanoid race believed to be the last descendants of the ancient Azlanti people.

Knowledge (History) DC 20:
During Earthfall, the Starstone struck Golarion and destroyed the human empires of Thassilon and Azlant. It is said that gillmen’s ancestors survived the cataclysmic event because they received the blessing of an aquatic entity that allowed them to breath underwater.

Knowledge (History) DC 25:
Most scholars believe the terrifying aboleths were responsible for the gillmen’s transformation. Any alliance between them appears to have fallen apart over the millennia, however, and the gillmen are now an independent people.

Knowledge checks can be made untrained but, regardless of the die result, it can be no higher than 10 while untrained...

Grand Lodge

Witchwolf Warpriest 2| AC 18 T11 F17 | HP 19/19 | CMD:15 | F:+8 R:+3 W:+8 | Init:+1 | Perception: +11, Know(Religion) +1 | Spells: 1st 3/3, Blessings: 4/4, Fervor: 3/3 | Active Effects: Change Shape (claws, racial saves)

"Rope, knotted, grappling hook. Bread 'n cheese makes rations. Journal for map'n. Got a magic wand that heals, and I see well enough in the dark."
Knowledge (Geography) untrained: 1d20 - 3 ⇒ (20) - 3 = 17
Looking through his bag, Grey continuous: "Also got some alchemist fire and acid. Traps too case we pick up a tail." Grey spots his whetstone while rummaging and sets it aside to sharpen his short sword later.

Grand Lodge

Human Female Occultist 1 | HP: 9/9 | AC 14 (T 11, FF 13) | CMB: +3* CMD: 14* | F:+3 R:+2 W:+4 | Init +2 | Perc +6, SM +2, Diplomacy +0 | Speed 30 ft. | Spells: 1st: 2/2 | Mental Focus: Div 0/1, Trans 5/5 | Active Conditions: Physical Enhancement (+2 Str)

"I lack a light source, and healing supplies. I have only one days worth of food." Lovissa announces as she double-checks her pack.

Knowledge History: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (7) + 7 = 14
Untrained Knowledge Geography: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (6) + 3 = 9

Ouch! Missed them both!

1 to 50 of 760 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM Otha's Evergreen Trilogy I All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.