Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

GM_Foxy's 2nd Carrion Crown

Game Master Foxy Quickpaw

Carrion Crown AP
Ravengro map
Harrowstone Premises
Harrowstone 1st floor
Harrowstone 2nd floor
Harrowstone basement

Schloss Caromarc
Schloss Caramarc II

Ascanor Lodge


5,301 to 5,350 of 5,504 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>

Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 7 (HP 47/66 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+6 | Will:+8 | Init + 3 | Perc + 7)
Daily Power:
Lay on Hands: 7/8, Smite Evil: 3/3, Spells:2: 1/1, 1: 2/2

Be ready for when it comes out!

Grergof smacks his ally again with his silver flail, trying not to kill him.
Heavy Flail - Power Attack + Furious Focus - Non lethal: 1d20 + 13 - 2 + 2 - 4 ⇒ (18) + 13 - 2 + 2 - 4 = 27
Damage + Power Attack: 1d10 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (10) + 6 + 6 = 22
Heavy Flail - Power Attack - Non Lethal: 1d20 + 8 - 2 - 4 ⇒ (2) + 8 - 2 - 4 = 4
Damage + Power Attack: 1d10 + 6 + 6 ⇒ (2) + 6 + 6 = 14


Narrator

Grergof whacks Spugnoir and manages to not seriously wound him with a spikey ball on a chain. That is true martial art.
Sougnoir now with two Will Saves behind.


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC18T12FF16
Alchemist 7 HP 54/54,Init+6,F7R7W4(6 fear)(+4 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+12

Nipple salad! Spugnoir swipes at Darius

Claw: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (2) + 8 = 101d4 + 3 ⇒ (4) + 3 = 7
Will save: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (15) + 4 = 19

I'm director of the poop train..er..uh...wuh? Supugnoir suddenly looks confused as Darius's holy symbol frees him from the ghost's control.


Narrator

Spugnoir just comes to his senses again as Grergof whacks him with the flail. :P

The vilkacis emerges from Spugnoir and tries to take over Darius.
Will save DC 18 please


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 2 / AC 17, Touch 11, Flat 16 / HP 24/50 / Init +3 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +9 / Perception +7, Channel Positive Energy 0/6 Per Day

Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (16) + 9 = 25

"Oh hell's no." Darius says and as the vilkacis heads towards him he unleashes holy energy.

Channel Harm 2/6 DC17: 3d6 + 5 ⇒ (6, 5, 6) + 5 = 22


Narrator

Will Save: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (15) + 9 = 24
Damage 41


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC18T12FF16
Alchemist 7 HP 54/54,Init+6,F7R7W4(6 fear)(+4 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+12

Spugnoir uncorks some holy water and douses it.
Touch attack: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (6) + 9 = 152d4 + 4 ⇒ (4, 4) + 4 = 12


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 7 (HP 47/66 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+6 | Will:+8 | Init + 3 | Perc + 7)
Daily Power:
Lay on Hands: 7/8, Smite Evil: 3/3, Spells:2: 1/1, 1: 2/2

Creature face the light of the Dawnbringer!
Smite Evil 3/3 for the day on Ghost

Then Grergof reaches out his hand and tries to touch the ghost
Lay on Hands (touch) + Smite: 1d20 + 11 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 11 + 3 = 17
Damage + Smite: 3d6 + 14 ⇒ (1, 5, 1) + 14 = 21

Grergof is obviously worked up into a rage.
Die! unholy terror and bother no one else!


Narrator

The vilkacis dodges Grergof's attack. And then it withdraws through the outer wall of the lodge.


powers:
Arcane Reservoir 2/10 l 3rd (2/4) 2nd (5/5) 1st(2/5) 0 (at will)
HP 45/45 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+7 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +6

"We must give chase to drive it off." Stam rushes to the door flinging it open moving outside.


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 7 (HP 47/66 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+6 | Will:+8 | Init + 3 | Perc + 7)
Daily Power:
Lay on Hands: 7/8, Smite Evil: 3/3, Spells:2: 1/1, 1: 2/2

Grergof runs back to his room stowing his flail and grabbing his bow and quiver of silver arrows and magical dagger.

As he moves he releases the holy power he was building up to refresh himself.
Lay on Hands: 4d6 ⇒ (4, 5, 6, 5) = 20

Then he runs out the door Stam opened to see if he can give chase.


Narrator

You're on the second floor.
Opening the door and stepping out on the balcony Stam sees how the vilkacis disappears in the wood.


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC18T12FF16
Alchemist 7 HP 54/54,Init+6,F7R7W4(6 fear)(+4 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+12

We really should pitch in to raise the poor fellow we just killed.


Kitsune Game Master

No problem:
Ultimate Mercy
By using lay on hands, you can bring the dead back to life.
Prerequisites: Cha 19, Greater Mercy, lay on hands, mercy class feature.
Benefit: You can expend 10 uses of lay on hands to bring a single dead creature you touch back to life as a raise dead spell with a caster level equal to your paladin level. You must provide the material component for raise dead or choose to accept 1 temporary negative level; this level automatically goes away after 24 hours, never becomes a permanent negative level, and cannot be overcome in any way except by waiting for the duration to expire.

Now we only have to find 3 CHA and two level ups for Grergof and you can raise him. The 10 LoH he would have then.

One CHA he could get at level 8. A headband.


Narrator

Oops, that was supposed to go to discussion.


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 2 / AC 17, Touch 11, Flat 16 / HP 24/50 / Init +3 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +9 / Perception +7, Channel Positive Energy 0/6 Per Day

Darius gives chase with Stam


Narrator

To avoid misunderstandings: Who exactly wants to chase an incorporeal vilkacis in the middle of the night through the undergrowth of the woods with an unknown destination - starting with jumping down from the balcony? Only to be stopped again by the outer wall and the gate of the lodge? And who goes back to bed ;)

Recognizing that a chase is moot all turn back to the immediate problem at had: A dead Corvin lying on the floor.


Also Cilas Graydon calls for attention. "Help!" he rattles through his throat that fills with blood.


powers:
Arcane Reservoir 2/10 l 3rd (2/4) 2nd (5/5) 1st(2/5) 0 (at will)
HP 45/45 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+7 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +6

Stam rushes over to Graydon, "Darius or Grergof he is still alive, we need your magic."


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 7 (HP 47/66 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+6 | Will:+8 | Init + 3 | Perc + 7)
Daily Power:
Lay on Hands: 7/8, Smite Evil: 3/3, Spells:2: 1/1, 1: 2/2

Grergof reaches out and lays a hand on Cilas.
Lady Sarenrae save this nan

When he draws away Cilas looks not as critical.

Lay on hands: 4d6 ⇒ (3, 1, 3, 5) = 12

His shoulders slump as he looks down.
I don't know how much more I can help others today.
And yes, we should raise this man. If I had known..

He examines Corbin in the off chance he is still alive.


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC18T12FF16
Alchemist 7 HP 54/54,Init+6,F7R7W4(6 fear)(+4 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+12

Spugnoir helps out Cilas
Heal: 1d20 + 12 ⇒ (9) + 12 = 21


Narrator

Grergof:
Beating someone unconscious while in Greater Rage always leads to immediate death. Because you lose 3 HP/level just for becoming unconscious


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 2 / AC 17, Touch 11, Flat 16 / HP 24/50 / Init +3 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +9 / Perception +7, Channel Positive Energy 0/6 Per Day

"Here, this should help everyone." Darius says as light flows from him healing those close to him.

Channel Healing 3/6: 3d6 + 2 ⇒ (1, 6, 6) + 2 = 15

"However I do not have the power of resurrection, alas"


powers:
Arcane Reservoir 2/10 l 3rd (2/4) 2nd (5/5) 1st(2/5) 0 (at will)
HP 45/45 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+7 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +6

"We could talk to his spirit tomorrow if Darius is up for it." Stam starts to clean up Corbin


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC18T12FF16
Alchemist 7 HP 54/54,Init+6,F7R7W4(6 fear)(+4 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+12

Oh dear, well we should pay for his revival.


powers:
Arcane Reservoir 2/10 l 3rd (2/4) 2nd (5/5) 1st(2/5) 0 (at will)
HP 45/45 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+7 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +6

"Is that what he would want?" Stam says with a blood soaked cloth in his hands


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC18T12FF16
Alchemist 7 HP 54/54,Init+6,F7R7W4(6 fear)(+4 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+12

Umm..Darius might be able to speak with him.


Narrator

As the commotion is finally over a lot of people from the same floor and even from beyond that come together to see what happened. Most are horrified by the events but thanks to Graydon it can be explained what happened.

Finally everyone goes back to their own room for a night of not so well rest. Graydon packs his stuff and moves to Corvin's room as he is not interested in sleeping in his own blood next to a corpse.

Nothing else happens this night and at breakfast most have deep dark rings under their eyes. And the people sit all together for a change. The events of the night are the topic of the conversations. And departing from the lodge.


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC18T12FF16
Alchemist 7 HP 54/54,Init+6,F7R7W4(6 fear)(+4 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+12

Spugnoir stands over Darius as he wakes up. Darius, I am sure you agree that the decent thing to do is to find out if Corvin wishes to come back to this world and for us to pay. Please don't make me have to sing again.


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 2 / AC 17, Touch 11, Flat 16 / HP 24/50 / Init +3 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +9 / Perception +7, Channel Positive Energy 0/6 Per Day

Sorry guys, time zone difference had me asleep when this went down, otherwise I would have cast Speak with Dead and talked to him before the nights rest. But anyway...

Darius awakens. "Spugs my friend. It is very disturbing to have you be the first thing I see upon opening my eyes in the morn."

He groans as he sits up and swings his legs off the bed. Old warrior bones creaking as he moves.

"Indeed, let me get ready and we shall chat with him."

Darius goes over his morning routine and obedience to Iomedae before putting on his attire, armor and sword at his side and silver dagger at his belt.

"Lets be off."

Then heads to where the body will be with the rest of the party.


Narrator

Not surprisingly the body lies still in Graydon's room.


powers:
Arcane Reservoir 2/10 l 3rd (2/4) 2nd (5/5) 1st(2/5) 0 (at will)
HP 45/45 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+7 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +6

Stam follows behind Darius a cup of coffee in his hands, his robes wrapped tightly around him.

"This not sleeping enough is going to be the end of me, I need a few more hours but I could survive If I had too, I might be a bit cranky about it though." Stam leans against the wall as Darius works his magic.


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 2 / AC 17, Touch 11, Flat 16 / HP 24/50 / Init +3 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +9 / Perception +7, Channel Positive Energy 0/6 Per Day

Darius sits down beside the body and folds it's arms over it's chest. Darius then pulls out his symbol to Iomedae, closes his eyes and recites the rite to speak to the recently deceased.

Casts Speak With dead:

School necromancy [language-dependent]; Level cleric/oracle 3, inquisitor 3, shaman 3, witch 3; Domain knowledge 3, repose 3

CASTING

Casting Time 10 minutes
Components V, S, DF

EFFECT

Range 10 ft.
Target one dead creature
Duration 1 min./level
Saving Throw Will negates; see text; Spell Resistance no

DESCRIPTION

You grant the semblance of life to a corpse, allowing it to answer questions. You may ask one question per two caster levels. The corpse’s knowledge is limited to what it knew during life, including the languages it spoke. Answers are brief, cryptic, or repetitive, especially if the creature would have opposed you in life.

If the dead creature’s alignment was different from yours, the corpse gets a Will save to resist the spell as if it were alive. If successful, the corpse can refuse to answer your questions or attempt to deceive you, using Bluff. The soul can only speak about what it knew in life. It cannot answer any questions that pertain to events that occurred after its death.

If the corpse has been subject to speak with dead within the past week, the new spell fails. You can cast this spell on a corpse that has been deceased for any amount of time, but the body must be mostly intact to be able to respond. A damaged corpse may be able to give partial answers or partially correct answers, but it must at least have a mouth in order to speak at all. This spell does not affect a corpse that has been turned into an undead creature.

"It is done.


powers:
Arcane Reservoir 2/10 l 3rd (2/4) 2nd (5/5) 1st(2/5) 0 (at will)
HP 45/45 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+7 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +6

"So Corvin, we drove off the monster that was attacking you. Now we have a few questions. Do you wish to be raised?
Where and when did you meet the Wolf ghost?
Do you know why the ghost chose to attack here? Or Do you know what the ghost was after?"
Stam takes a deep breath. [b]"I know this seems like a lot and time is of the essence here so please speak clearly and quickly.

Diplomacy?: 1d20 + 13 ⇒ (1) + 13 = 14


Corvin's body has no memories of the time it was possessed. "Yes, I want to be raised. I have no clue what happend. What wolf, what ghost?"

Even though the answers are questions, the spell is done.


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 2 / AC 17, Touch 11, Flat 16 / HP 24/50 / Init +3 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +9 / Perception +7, Channel Positive Energy 0/6 Per Day

Darius stands. {b]"I cannot raise him yet. So we must at least secure the body somewhere safe and away from any more harm that may befall it till we can raise him."[/b]


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC18T12FF16
Alchemist 7 HP 54/54,Init+6,F7R7W4(6 fear)(+4 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+12

I can't do anything either, we will have to bring him back to the city.


powers:
Arcane Reservoir 2/10 l 3rd (2/4) 2nd (5/5) 1st(2/5) 0 (at will)
HP 45/45 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+7 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +6

"A cold cellar to preserve the body? Can you do that Darius? I feel me we must move to find this altar right away." Stam takes a long pull from his coffee.


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 7 (HP 47/66 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+6 | Will:+8 | Init + 3 | Perc + 7)
Daily Power:
Lay on Hands: 7/8, Smite Evil: 3/3, Spells:2: 1/1, 1: 2/2

Isn't there a spell that preserves bodies? Gentle Rest, or sleep or something?

Hes thinking of: Gentle Repose


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC18T12FF16
Alchemist 7 HP 54/54,Init+6,F7R7W4(6 fear)(+4 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+12

If there is such a magic, we can use it to preserve him until we deal with the altar problems.


Human Cleric 5 Exalted 2 / AC 17, Touch 11, Flat 16 / HP 24/50 / Init +3 / Fort +8, Ref +3, Will +9 / Perception +7, Channel Positive Energy 0/6 Per Day

Darius perks up. "Hold on. I have it."

Once they have secured and moved the body somewhere safe he then reaches into his pouches and pulls out two copper pieces and places them over the corpses eyes and pulls out his holy symbol tracing lines over the body.

"There' that should do it till we can raise him again."

Casts gentle repose:

School necromancy; Level cleric 2, sorcerer/wizard 3
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, S, M/DF (salt and a copper piece for each of the corpse's eyes)
Range touch
Target corpse touched
Duration 1 day/level
Saving Throw Will negates (object); Spell Resistance yes (object)
You preserve the remains of a dead creature so that they do not decay. Doing so effectively extends the time limit on raising that creature from the dead (see raise dead). Days spent under the influence of this spell don't count against the time limit. Additionally, this spell makes transporting a slain (and thus decaying) comrade less unpleasant.

The spell also works on severed body parts and the like.


With all that out of the way Duristan shows up again "Can we go now to the stairs of the moon? There are werewolves that need hunting. You see what happens if you don't root them out."


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 7 (HP 47/66 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+6 | Will:+8 | Init + 3 | Perc + 7)
Daily Power:
Lay on Hands: 7/8, Smite Evil: 3/3, Spells:2: 1/1, 1: 2/2

I for one would like to finish the night's rest. Going against werewolves in the middle of the night does not seem wise.


Kitsune Game Master

It has been a bit slow lately so this might have slipped you mind:+

GM Foxy wrote:

As the commotion is finally over a lot of people from the same floor and even from beyond that come together to see what happened. Most are horrified by the events but thanks to Graydon it can be explained what happened.

Finally everyone goes back to their own room for a night of not so well rest. Graydon packs his stuff and moves to Corvin's room as he is not interested in sleeping in his own blood next to a corpse.

Nothing else happens this night and at breakfast most have deep dark rings under their eyes. And the people sit all together for a change. The events of the night are the topic of the conversations. And departing from the lodge.

All of the discussion about preserving and raising the guy was new day then.


Male Human Paladin of Sarenrae Lvl 7 (HP 47/66 | AC:21 | T:12 | FF:20 | Fort:+10 | Ref:+6 | Will:+8 | Init + 3 | Perc + 7)
Daily Power:
Lay on Hands: 7/8, Smite Evil: 3/3, Spells:2: 1/1, 1: 2/2

Yep Slipped my mind

Looking around Grergof realizes it's light already and says:
Sorry, I'm obviously tired from the events last night, I'll go get my gear...

He grabs a cup of coffee and gets suited up for the trek to the stairs.

Im ready when you are


Kitsune Game Master

You pack up and together with Duristan you venture deeper into the Shudderwood. The long, spidery branches of the towering pines seem to weave more tightly together. Beneath this thick canopy, daylight fades, and the entire forest seems to blur into shadowy hues.

As you come closer to your destination you find the path blocked by two Vollensags who don't seem happy about your presence.

Init:

Initiative Grergof: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (3) + 3 = 6
Initiative Darius: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (7) + 3 = 10
Initiative Stam: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (17) + 6 = 23
Initiative Spugnoir: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (6) + 6 = 12
Initiative Duristan: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (15) + 7 = 22

Initiative Wolfs: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (1) + 6 = 7


Stam, Duristan, Spugnoir, Darius <--
Vollensags
Grergof

Duristan draws his silver longsword and readies an attack.
Attack: 1d20 + 11 ⇒ (2) + 11 = 13


M 1/2 Orc
Mutagen stats:
+4 Dex -2 Wis +2 Nat Armor AC18T12FF16
Alchemist 7 HP 54/54,Init+6,F7R7W4(6 fear)(+4 vs. Poison)AC16T12FF14Per+12

These werewolves?

Spugnoir has silver blanched his crossbow bolts before hand
Silverbolt: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (12) + 10 = 221d8 ⇒ 1


Kitsune Game Master

The werewolf is almost impressed by your preparations.


powers:
Arcane Reservoir 2/10 l 3rd (2/4) 2nd (5/5) 1st(2/5) 0 (at will)
HP 45/45 Ӏ AC 16 (FF 12/T 14) Ӏ CMD 14 Ι F+5, R+5, W+7 Ι Ini +6 Ι Perc +6

"Must it come to this gentlemen?" Stam asks as arcane energy circles his hands.


Kitsune Game Master

The Vollensags are no friends of many words and you have already be warned so they immediately attack.
Assuming you have some reasonable marching order they attack grergof and Darius.

Greatsword Grergof: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (4) + 10 = 14
Greatsword Darius: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (9) + 10 = 192d6 + 10 ⇒ (1, 4) + 10 = 15

Grergof's armor twarts the wolf's attempt but Darius is not so lucky and gets a bad cut.

5,301 to 5,350 of 5,504 << first < prev | 101 | 102 | 103 | 104 | 105 | 106 | 107 | 108 | 109 | 110 | 111 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / GM_Foxy's 2nd Carrion Crown Gameplay All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.