Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport!

Game Master Sinvel Menter


601 to 650 of 2,091 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>

Perc:+9,

Seeing Mishael finish her drink and stand, Suny throws back her barely touched tankard of tipple.

Fort Save:1d20 + 2 ⇒ (18) + 2 = 20

And with a rosy glow beginning to show on her cheeks skips along with her freinds.

"Are we headin' in right now? Or waitin fer th' morrow?" She asks quietly. "Casue, if'n we want to go in t'morrow I c'n use th' night t' slip un'er th' place an' have a listen/look aroun', type thing?" She suggests.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"I think we go now. The day is young and our purposes for seeing Gartold are legitimate. The note could be a source of concern for him as well. What we do after may need to wait for night. But, if anyone needs time to prepare, we certainly have time for that."


All, please read this


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"Well, there's that and also securing our lodgings whilst we're staying down this way. Perhaps we should make sure our room is, how shall we say, suitable and safe." Now that the group has what they came for, Karsielle relaxes a bit, almost enjoying the liquor in front of her. She does however, express surprise that everyone else can drink it straight, without some divine intercession to improve its taste. She shrugs, "Suny, you know, best you don't go getting yourself caught up in a fisher's net, before we've been in to have a look at the lay of the land. Then you'll know, where best to go catch yourself a fish." she smiles at their own little elven mermaid.


Perc:+9,

Suny grins and waves a hand dismissively, "Nets is whut knives is for." She says breezily.

"O' course, back home, we's careful where we lay our nets an' mindful o' where we swim." She explains obtusely.

"Though usually fer fishin', we use spears an' such. Most times catchin' 'em 'On th' fin', so t' speak." Suny looks thoughtfully around the bar. "Speakin' of which, whut say we go lookin' fer lunch?" She inquires.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle puzzles at Suny's reply, shaking her head and frowning slightly. "Yes, I'm sure that back home you knew the ways of fishing, but I'd hate for you to be the fish caught in the net..ho well!" a sigh slips out as she sees the excited looks in the elf maid's eye. The thought of lunch in this place seems most repulsive to Karsielle, "Perhaps, if we are to lunch we should take a meal in an establishment of slightly more quality than this. Fine though their food might be, I'd prefer if we could go where there is a more varied menu." Whilst my prayers may take the taints from the food, it doesn't improve the taste so much, is it almost your little joke my lady, though it will steel my will to your most divine vengeance. A smile breaks on her face as she concentrates on her thoughts.


Perc:+9,

Suny grins and gives Karsielle a friendly hug as the other maid sighs,

"Oh we's do more'n fish back home. There be huntin' an' gatherin' and scoutin' an' weavin' an' carvin' an' sailin' an' buildin' an' lookin' about an' stuff!" She explains effusively, still with her arms around Karsielle.

"One o' th' things I like doin' most be gatherin' the Urchin spines. You take along a light pokin' pole, about's two people long, an' cruise along side th' coral wall. Then, when ye spot an' 'Archer Urchin', ye make sure t' be out'a th' reach of how far they c'n squirt their spines an' ye POKE 'em!" And Suny gives Karsielle a playful squeeze/poke as a rejoinder to her tale. With a mischievous grin she finishes.

"The spines make rilly great arrow points." She smiles, "So, lets try..."

Knowledge Local:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (19) + 5 = 24

And she suggests a place that might be more to Karsielle's liking.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael laughs lightly in wonder at the juxtaposition of two completely different worlds, "Urchin for lunch perhaps? Just kidding, I'm sure Suny has some better suggestions."


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

"I'm sure we can find any manner of fishy food house should we look hard enough. If we have the time, perhaps we can wander a bit and find ourselves someplace less known to any of us. It will almost be an adventure unto itself."


Island Elf(link) Fighter(Unarmed)1/Ninja1/Monk1|Perc+5|AC:15,17T:14,16FF:11,13(+3Dex,+1dodge,+1Armor,(+2Tonfa))|HP18/18|F+4,R+5,W+2(+2VsEnch)|Init+3

Sunny playfully pokes her tongue out at Mishael's jibe.

"Although ye c'n eat th' critters..." She does add thoughtfully.

"Any way, I were suggestin' a place whut th' name of sounds all foreign an' exotic, like Karsielle is." She smiles and hugs the silk swathed woman cheerfully again, then giggles,

Heck, back home we think th' critter called 'Cow' be somat rare and a delicacy worth savourin'!" She explains.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"And hopefully somewhere cheap. Some of us aren't doing this job to the help the community." He gives a devilish smirk. "Maybe a local tavern that serves cusine to the halflings of the shack liking."


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsiele's face reddens ever so slightly at the embarrassment of being seen as so 'rare' a woman amongst her friends, but it quickly passes as the elven woman continues her excited tales. Her eyebrows raise at Sunny's portrayal of a 'cow' as a rare beast, as her mind works She is such a strange thing, but likeable. With a smile breaking out on her face, Karsielle's voice sweetly rings, "Yes, I'm sure Sunny can find us a good place to eat, and I'm sure it will have good fish on it's menu. And don't worry BF, I'm sure she'll charm the sweetest and cheapest prices for us." Her dark brown eyes look out warmly at the group as she relaxes in their company.


Island Elf(link) Fighter(Unarmed)1/Ninja1/Monk1|Perc+5|AC:15,17T:14,16FF:11,13(+3Dex,+1dodge,+1Armor,(+2Tonfa))|HP18/18|F+4,R+5,W+2(+2VsEnch)|Init+3

Sunny smiles in return for Karsielle's compliment,

"Pshaw! We dun't have t' be eatin' finnnies jus' cause we's by th' sea. I be sure th' town's got'a whole load o' things t' try an' partake about!" She skips ahead a small way and looks towards the establishment that she's remembers hearing about.

"Th' thing is, back home, we's generally have small critters flittin' about in'a underbrush. Though some o' th' clan's, their islands have...um...'Grunters'?" She frowns as she tries to think of the 'common' term, "They's about as big as most island critters get..." Sunny looks at her companions, large blue eye's alight with wonder.

"So, whut is it that ye fancy would be called a 'treat', then?" She asks, obviously intrigued by the idea.

So, yeah, relying on the previous local know it all roll to have some where suitable to every one's needs/wants. (^_^) But meanwhile, on with the role playing interaction!


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael laughs "I think the word you'res searching for might be pigs Suny. I think I liked the idea of cows better. Although for lunch, I'm perfectly happy with the finnies. Flag's got a good thought about the halflings. You never know what we might overhear."


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"If we observe our prey, our hunt for answers maybe easier at the shacks. Let us go eat then."


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"I agree with BF, watching will aid our preparedness and maybe give us an edge if things need to be 'fixed'." says Karsielle,


Island Elf(link) Fighter(Unarmed)1/Ninja1/Monk1|Perc+5|AC:15,17T:14,16FF:11,13(+3Dex,+1dodge,+1Armor,(+2Tonfa))|HP18/18|F+4,R+5,W+2(+2VsEnch)|Init+3

"Pig...pa-pig, pa, pap, pig, pig, pa-, pap, piggy, pig, piggy, pig, pig, piggy, p-piggy, pig, p-, pa-, pig, piggy, pig..." Sunny mutters and mumbles the new word under her breath as she skips along with her friends.

"Hmm...? Wha?" She blinks as every one elses words catch up with her.


All:
Believe it or not, I returned from my business trip on Sunday night and then got chosen to be a jury member on Monday for a trial that will last all week.

Very sorry, please keep up without me, but I am committed to this game and will hop in when I get a chance. My nights will probably be taken up with work so I won't be able to come back full time until Saturday. Thanks!


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

No worries. I think you have a group in for the long haul. Good luck with the jury duty and trying to keep up with work.

"Suny, I think you got it...and one or two or the more common nicknames! What you're thinking of is probably the boar variety. Can be a nasty sort. The ones they raise for food are usually more docile.


Island Elf(link) Fighter(Unarmed)1/Ninja1/Monk1|Perc+5|AC:15,17T:14,16FF:11,13(+3Dex,+1dodge,+1Armor,(+2Tonfa))|HP18/18|F+4,R+5,W+2(+2VsEnch)|Init+3

(^_^) Sunny grins at Mishael, "Oh, so's callin' folks out as critters is just as much th' not done thing here abouts as well? Yah, I kind o' figured that one out on some of th' boats I worked on." She giggles,

"Do you know, there's a city where makin' th' act of wipin' yer shirt be a nasty thing to indicate ye don't like some one? It be a dead certain way o' startin' a fight fer sure every time!" She continues to lead her friends towards the tavern she remembers for their brunch.

And also wishing yourself the very best of luck, patience and such with your affairs, Master DM. *Bows*

"Boar...b-oo-arrrrr, b-oar, boo-arrr, boar, boooorrrr, boar..." And she lapses into remembering yet another new word.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"You been through Mediogalti or Bloodcove Suny? You look at 'em wrong, you might find yourself dead. For sure there are some nasty towns out there. Not that Freeport is any cakewalk."


...and I'm back. Glad to getting my life back to normal! Thanks for waiting for me.

So if I get this right the group goes somewhere for lunch and then plans to head to the Saltshacks after?


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Welcome back! You got it, lunch and see if there is anyone to talk or listen to there, and then to the Saltshacks.


Island Elf(link) Fighter(Unarmed)1/Ninja1/Monk1|Perc+5|AC:15,17T:14,16FF:11,13(+3Dex,+1dodge,+1Armor,(+2Tonfa))|HP18/18|F+4,R+5,W+2(+2VsEnch)|Init+3

*Glomp-HUG* Aye and welcome back t'ye! (^_^) Yuppers, that be the size of it. Some wheres t'make poor Karsielle feel somat more like home. (^_^)


After filling their bellies, the group walks down to the Saltshacks entrance. Two halflings armed with harpoons sit in a guard building on the boardwalk and control the bridge that connects the Saltshacks docks with the boardwalk. Based on the previous day's observations, people other than the halflings that make the Saltshacks their home usually present a paper to the guards to gain access.


Island Elf(link) Fighter(Unarmed)1/Ninja1/Monk1|Perc+5|AC:15,17T:14,16FF:11,13(+3Dex,+1dodge,+1Armor,(+2Tonfa))|HP18/18|F+4,R+5,W+2(+2VsEnch)|Init+3

Sunny skips up, says "Hi!" (^_^) and is then immediately distracted by the intriguing design of the fellows (Or lasses) harpoons.

Survival Check:1d20 + 3 ⇒ (9) + 3 = 12

"Oh! They's shaped t'be throw from above the sirface int'a th' water! See? The tip on 'em is shaped just so..." She points out these and various other differences to those of similar tools her people use back home.

(^_^)


One of the guards notices Suny approaching. When she remarks about their harpoons one of the halflings yells out and raises his weapon. "Halt there elf woman! State yer business!"


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle comes bounding after Suny, "Please Sir guard, don't take offense. My young friend here isn't so used to the big city and it's ways. She is more at home with the river and the lake. She takes so much interest in such things that are to do with water and its environs, please take it as a compliment that she appreciates the art and function of your tools. Would you allow us to enter and see some more? "

Diplomacy 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (12) + 8 = 20


"Only those who have official business may enter. Do you have a writ of passage?" the short guard responds.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

As the group apporaches the Saltshacks, Bloody stays behind his friends with his hood up, and awaits to see what his friends plans persuade the little ones to let them in. While thinking up a back up plan for them.

Stealth(just trying not to get the attention of the guards):1d20 + 9 ⇒ (13) + 9 = 22


Perc:+9,
DM Sinvel wrote:
"Only those who have official business may enter. Do you have a writ of passage?" the short guard responds.

Sunny tilts her head at the question, even as she lifts one foot to absently scratch behind her other leg,

"How d'we goes aboot gettin' one o' these...'Writs o' passages' then?" She asks intrigued.

Diplomacy:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (10) + 7 = 17

(^_^)


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael takes deliberate care to resist her usual urge to draw herself up to her full height. She bobs her head demurely and bats her lashes at the guards, "Really, as my friends have said, we mean no harm and would only like to make a brief tour of the area." She pats her purse meaningfully while suggesting, "If there is a toll to be paid for admittance, I am sure we could manage."

Diplomacy to assist Suny 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (14) + 10 = 24


Male Human Ranger (Urban) 4

Silas sighs as the ladies attempt to smooth talk their way into the Saltshacks. I really hope this works. We don't want to make any trouble, but Bloody Flag and I might need to start working the muscle on these guys if this doesn't pan out.


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle lets Sunny and Mishael speak to the guard, just adding "Indeed, if you could help us meet with your requirements, we should be happy to oblige."

Diplomacy to aid Suny 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (11) + 8 = 19


The guard that spoke before addresses Suny, still in a authoritative tone.

"You can get a writ if the chief accepts your request. One of you may meet with him, but the rest of ye will have to stay outside." He takes a step forward and lowers his harpoon. "All of ye step back and I will let the elf woman in to meet with Gartold."


Perc:+9,

Suny first squees in excitement, then just as suddenly a kaleidoscope of emotions wash over her features -from happiness at being selected for entry to sadness at her friends being left out -to joy at getting to enter back to worry about her companions being left outside.

"Okeys, quick group huddle!' So saying she throws an arm around each Karsielle and Mishael, with options for Silas and B-Fang to join as well.

Whisper:
"Okeys, jus' so I be straight on things. Whut be I askin' fer, like?" She asks her companions.


Suny:
Yes, just going in to see Gartold to state your business and make your case for access to the Saltshacks to look for Welby.

One halfling holds his harpoon horizontaly to bar any of the others in the group from approaching. The other makes a loud whistle toward the Saltshacks and a band of four halflings come running towards the draw bridge. One of them lets down the bridge and they all run across.

"This here elf lady asks to speak with Gartold." says the halfling guard to his companions. He then eyes Suny's shortswords and bow. "You can keep the bow, but the swords need to stay with yer friends here."


Perc:+9,
DM Sinvel wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

One halfling holds his harpoon horizontal to bar any of the others in the group from approaching. The other makes a loud whistle toward the Saltshacks and a band of four halflings come running towards the draw bridge. One of them lets down the bridge and they all run across.

"This here elf lady asks to speak with Gartold." says the halfling guard to his companions. He then eyes Suny's shortswords and bow. "You can keep the bow, but the swords need to stay with yer friends here."

Breaking from the group huddle. (Feel free to add anything more in the OOC Thread, guys!) Suny nods at the new leader's comment and begins to unbuckle her short-swords and even passes over her bow to which ever amongst her companions wishes to keep watch over the items. She even unships one of her daggers, though also allowing to Half-lings to note the knife sheath still strapped to one shin.

"Okeys then, lets be off t' make th' case!" She exclaims and giggles "Th' sooner in, th' sooner out, hey?" (^_~) She gives her friends a wink in passing.

As she walks away with her escort, those left behind can hear her voice asking questions about the details of the local's current fishing practices.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael accepts the short swords, slinging the belt over her shoulder so she can accept the bow and dagger. She winks at Suny, "Good luck in there Suny. You'll do great."


The halflings don't respond to Suny's attempt to make small talk, they almost scowl at her when she says anything to them. She almost thinks she can hear one of the actually growling behind her.

They escort her down the dock a was and then off to the right. There a barge is docked with a small one story building sitting on it. The halfling in charge motions for Suny to wait before opening the door and entering the building, closing the door behind him. A few moments later the door reopens. "Gartold will see you now." he says.

Inside a portly halfling sits across a desk in the middle of the room, a pair of guards on each side him. On the walls are various pieces of artwork depicting scenes at sea, most of which involve ships being tossed about in violent storms.

The stocky halfling stands when Suny enters "I'm Gartold Kingnetter, what can I help ye wit'?"


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael walks back to where Flag, Silas and Karsielle stand, "All right, we find ourselves waiting again." She unbuckles a pouch on her sash. "You know, I think I might have a deck of cards in here. Anyone for a game while we wait?"


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

"Yes, its up to Sunny now. Though we need to be vigilant, see who comes and goes, before Sunny returns." She settles down next t Mishael, but pays less attention to the game, keeping her wits about her, noting the comings and goings of folks into the halflings domain.


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

"I hope the shiney one does well." He looks towards the cards and an idea swirls into his head. He whispers to Mishael"Maybe we could get the other guard into the game and get some info off him or at least his allowance." Bloody holds up his hands as he offers the idea to his crew.


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

"Sounds like a plan Flag..." Mishael starts dealing out a hand. "Want to see if you can make some new friends?"


Perc:+9,

DM Sinvel:
Suny takes time to look at the many, varied pieces of arrayed about the room. Her large blue eyes open wide with interest and possibly admiration before they finally alight upon the form of Gartold Kingnetter.

Knowledge Local:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (14) + 5 = 19

Knowledge Geography:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (4) + 5 = 9

Knowledge Noblity/Royalty:1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25

She steps forwards and bows fluidly from the waist, such that her mop of blond hair almost touches the decking beneath her bare, brown feet. Upon straightening she begins.

"Hi greetings it is t'ye, ye Lord-ship."

Diplomacy:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18

"I come before ye representin' a group o' folks whut be lookin' in't a series of events who's trail be as twistin' as it be confusin'." She stands tall but loosely as she makes her speech to the Half-ling leader.

"M'self an' those whom I be teamed with, are both lookin' fer as well as carryin' information. The likes of which, perhaps, the lot of us should be gathered t'gether in the poolin' of fer a more beneficial arraignment?" She pauses and awaits the Half-ling leaders response to her opening lines.

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (4) + 8 = 12


As Suny studies the paintings on the walls of Gartold's office, she thinks she recognizes a few tell-tale signs of the storm depicted in one of the illustrations. To her it looks like The Eye of Abendego located west of the Sodden Lands. In another, she sees something depicted that she has only heard about through folk tales back home: a seafaring group of saviors known as the Knights of Salvation, with their chain linked path into the eye itself.

"Yes? What exactly be ye after an' What does this be havin' t' do wi' th' Saltshacks?" Gartold says in a patient tone.


Perc:+9,

Suny nods at Gartold's question,

"Well...th' mates an' I been followin' somat...nefarious...to which said trail does seem t' lead here." She looks around again, (We haven't got a description of Welby, have we?)

Perception:1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

"Though I think t'others travelin' with m'self would also be able t' add more...colour...t' our conversation, if'n ye ken m'drift." She does give the half-ling leader a nod and a wink,

Diplomacy:1d20 + 7 ⇒ (11) + 7 = 18


Male Half-elf Bard(Street Preformer):4

Bloody gives a nod back to Mishael, then whispers "Follow my lead." Bloody takes a moment and pulls back his hood revealing the visage of a human male wearing glasses. As he moves over towards the cards he gives a persona of uncomfortableness with a blend of proper ettique. He speaks in a Chelaxian accent,"Soo are we playing jewel fin, if not you'll have to teach me how to play. Do I need my coins out now or by the dark gods." He curses as he drops his coins all over the ground and hastly picks them up. "Oh bother, my luck is already bad. Oh well my institute pays for my expenses anyway, you wanna join us Mr. guard?"

Using disguise self while cloaked, Disguise check:1d20 + 20 ⇒ (2) + 20 = 22
Perform(Acting):1d20 + 9 ⇒ (17) + 9 = 26
Bluff:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (12) + 11 = 23


Female Azhari
Stats:
AC 22/19/17 HP 30/32 F+5 R+8 W+1 Init+4 Per+6

Mishael reaches over and helps Flag gather his coins back into a pile, "Oh, my friend, you are such a klutz. I was thinking Bard's Carnival. We'll teach you. A good thing your friends look out for you."


Female elf Cleric/4 HP: 27/27

Karsielle looks at BF and Mishael, one to the other not quite sure if she understands what's going on, she is quiet and lets them get onto their own devices. Her attention is taken with surreptitiously watching the people of the Saltshacks.

601 to 650 of 2,091 << first < prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Sinvel's A Pound of Flesh in Freeport! All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.