Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
General Discussion Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game

Starfinder


Pathfinder Society


Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Paizo.com Gift Certificates
On Sale and Clearance!

DM Rah's Strange Aeons

Game Master Kobash

Guide to Strange Aeons
Loot List
=Combat Map=


1,051 to 1,100 of 1,724 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>

Rough Around the Edges 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC 17; Touch 13; FF 14 | Fort +2; Ref +3; Will +2 | CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Perception +2 | Sense Motive -1 | Kn. Arc +8 | Spellcraft +5
Eidolon Stats:
HP: 11/11 | AC 21*; Touch 13; FF 18* | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | CMD 15 | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +5 | Kn. Religion +8 | Stealth +8
Resources:
Summon SLA: 5/5 | Spells: 1st: 3/3

The Twin keeps his eyes looking at the ratlings that was just on his back. "Back off, mouseman." he says as the Snake pins the ratling, wrapping him tightly up in his coils, but not choosing to further harm the lead ratling.

Maintain Grapple-Pin: 1d20 + 5 + 4 + 5 ⇒ (15) + 5 + 4 + 5 = 29

The Twin's dagger remains pointed as he looks unsure at Cats. "You would let these rats strike out to kill us in an ambush and then, once we stay their blade, allow their surrender?" he says with a sneer. "Your hubris may be your death."


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3
"The Twin" wrote:
"Your hubris may be your death."

Cats snorts, understanding the issue much differently.

"If I don't make up for what I did, what is my life worth?" Cats replies, not sure The Twin will understand. "My life ain't worth cat if I don't do things right...and at least try to do better. I know I cat something. I just know it."

He looks to the ratling.

"Of course, if he doesn't start squeaking, then he's lying to us and then it's fine to cat him. Fair is fair, but I want squeaks."


...and round 3 of Fear for the Mariner.

-Posted with Wayfinder


The cloaked ratling looks suddenly very small, frightened, and fragile in the jaws of the Twin's Snake.

"I'll tell you about the one that haunts your dreams. We have known of him for generations. We call him the Shredman, the Every-All, and the Final Dream. Your people call him the Tatterman!"

The second ratling, threatened by the Twin's dagger, glares back at him. "Not mouseman, stupid manling. Genny Two-Tails is a girl." Indeed, the tiny face seems female now that it is holding still. Her name seems partially taken from the fact that she actually has two tails instead of one.


Rough Around the Edges 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC 17; Touch 13; FF 14 | Fort +2; Ref +3; Will +2 | CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Perception +2 | Sense Motive -1 | Kn. Arc +8 | Spellcraft +5
Eidolon Stats:
HP: 11/11 | AC 21*; Touch 13; FF 18* | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | CMD 15 | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +5 | Kn. Religion +8 | Stealth +8
Resources:
Summon SLA: 5/5 | Spells: 1st: 3/3

The Twin looks impassively at Genny, but he finds that Cats' comment makes him smile.

Hearing the words of the cloaked rat, the Twin is unimpressed. "Inconsequential. We already know his name. Squeak to the point faster. " he says icily as the Snake squeezes down in the cloaked rat and the man keeps his dagger between him and the rat-woman.

-Posted with Wayfinder


Male Halfling

"Tell us more about this Tatterman! And hurry up before my bolt releases all on its own." Fearless presses it further into the ratlings skin impatiently for his answers.

Fearless looks to the cardsnake. "If he doesn't answer soon and with everything then just keep squeezing."

Scarab Sages

M Human

The Big Bald man who just had a ground eye view of all the dustbunnies under the patient beds (tsk,tsk the cleaning people really should have been fired long before Havoc Day), and uses those beds to get to his feet.

He is weak and wobbly. He wants to use the bed to sit on, but then thinks of all the bed bugs that are probably there. With that disgusting thought, he strengthens his backbone.
clw: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (6) + 2 = 8

Cloakling, you and two tails seem to have a narrow window of survival. I suggest that you tell everything you know and tell it true.
I am a preacher, and well versed in knowing about liars and charlatans.

I am studying your every word and comparing it to the history we already know!

gm:
I use Sense Motive +8 on the Ratlings

He then starts to think about solutions on how to keep Cat's word.
Having the Sanctuary people guard these dangerous beasts just isn't plausible. We may have to let them go.....


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

Cats folds his arms after sheathing his short sword.

"Keep catting, Rat. We ain't heard anything new yet," Cat taps his foot, awaiting for the stool rat to squeal.


The ratling uses his strange magic to communicate in your tongue.

"The Tatterman has been on Briarstone Isle for a long, long time. He is a legend from ancient times before your histories. My people have glimpsed him in our dreams, but never was he truly able to manifest... until now. It is said that once the Tatterman has turned his malevolent eye upon a victim, he hounds them to their death."

"Your people say he was once a servant of the Briarstone Witch, which was only half-true. He served to Witch, yes, but his true master was one of the Great Old Ones. A terrible force of evil...Hastur, The King in Yellow. This final piece of information is delivered in a hushed whisper after glancing over his tiny shoulders."

"Now let us go. We attacked only to defend ourselves and if you leave us be we will do the same for you. I am Ratch Mamby, leader of my pack, I offer you treasures to seal our compact."

Rolls:

SENSE MOTIVE (Hunch)
Brother Butterfly: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (1) + 8 = 9
Cats: 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (7) + 4 = 11
Fearless: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (20) + 1 = 21
Pinkie: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (15) + 10 = 25
The Mariner: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (7) - 1 = 6
The Twin: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (10) - 1 = 9

Fearless and Pinkie feel that Ratch is being truthful. Brother Butterfly, Cats, The Mariner, and The Twin aren't so sure.


The Mariner sticks his head back in after walking back past the orderlies. "No bats?", looking around to make sure then adding, "I think we should bash his brains in."

Intimidate: 1d20 - 1 ⇒ (9) - 1 = 8


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

"That's new. And that's new news about the Catterman," Cats mumbles as he listens, not liking the 'once the Tatterman has turned his malevolent eye upon a victim, he hounds them to their death' part, which was dangerously worrisome.

"Anyone hear of this 'Catsur' before? I ain't never heard of it." Cats looks around to see if anyone else knows.

DM Rah wrote:
"Now let us go. We attacked only to defend ourselves and if you leave us be we will do the same for you. I am Ratch Mamby, leader of my pack, I offer you treasures to seal our compact."

Cats quasi-nods.

"Ayep, that is the deal. Genny can go get the treasure...and after she does that, and after you two promise to leave here forever, we'll let you go." Cats offers his word and will fight to defend it, it's clear.


Male Halfling

Fearless removes his crossbow from underneath the ratling's chin. "Though I don't like it. Deals a deal." Fearless takes a couple steps back and waits for Genny Two-tails to go and fetch said treasure.

"Better not be garbage like goblins stockpile...."

Scarab Sages

M Human

BB gives a skeptical, scruntched up face while hearing Cloaked Ratling talk about The Tatterman. It seems odd that a human is being referenced as being generations old. I guess that's not a lot of time in "Rat Years". He also doesn't exactly get how The Tatterman was in Ratlings dreams. He needed more info.

Seeing how the dominoes are probably falling, he wants to get a couple more answers.

Before you go slinking off into the warrens under the Library or out the front door, I want to know more about This Briarstone Witch and what she did. Why did the Tatterman work for her? What were their goals, and why would they come back?

gm:
I'd like to make a religion roll for the Old Gods and the name Hastur - the king in Yellow. religion: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (3) + 6 = 9.
Lastly, I cast Detect Magic to view the Ratlings and keep concentrating for two tails to leave and "hopefully" come back.

mumbling to himself... Yellow. What a stupid and unfashionable color for a deity to wear.


As Ginney scurries under the desk Ratch offer what he knows about the Briarstone Witch. "Our stories of the Witch tell of a woman who called upon the Outer Gods to inflict her wrath upon Thrushmoor. It was believed that Briarstone Island was a place of power for her, and it was here that she enslaved my people and forced our chief to become her familiar. Then, one day, she was gone. Our legends say she was taken to the Dreamlands by the Tatterman to serve as his slave for all eternity."

Ginney returns as he finishes his story. In her hands is a shiny valuable brooch. Ratch takes the brown cloak and offers it along with the brooch. Brother Butterfly detects magic from them both.

Cloak - Spellcraft DC 20:
A cloak of resistance +1

Brooch - Spellcraft DC 16:
A brooch of shielding


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rough Around the Edges 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC 17; Touch 13; FF 14 | Fort +2; Ref +3; Will +2 | CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Perception +2 | Sense Motive -1 | Kn. Arc +8 | Spellcraft +5
Eidolon Stats:
HP: 11/11 | AC 21*; Touch 13; FF 18* | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | CMD 15 | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +5 | Kn. Religion +8 | Stealth +8
Resources:
Summon SLA: 5/5 | Spells: 1st: 3/3

The Snake loosens from around Ratch and the Twin looks at the offerings to the group. "Apologies for my friend eating all of your kin. Next time you should just say hello." he says as his eyes flash with magic.

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (20) + 5 = 25 Cloak of resistance +1
Spellcraft: 1d20 + 5 ⇒ (10) + 5 = 15 Unidentified.

The Twin recognizes the cloak and shrugs, unsure if he really wants one. "I have a fairly nice dagger. I don't need the cloak, though it will boost your innate defenses against magic and poison and the like." he says. "But, I don't know what the brooch is."

"Also, we have no need to boot them from the building, nor do we even know if we can." he says, feeling a bit bad for causing so much harm when he and the Snake hardly have a scratch. "Let them stay here and make sure you tell the Inquisitor of whoever that they are here and are peaceful."

Looking to Ratch and Genny, the Twin narrows his eyes. "Be nice to the humans." he starts. "Now, where can we find the Catterman... I mean Tatterman?" he asks, stumbling due to Cats' constant alteration of speech.


Male Halfling

Spellcraft: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + (6) = 18

With a small bit of inspiration fearless paws at the brooch and cleans it off on his shirt.

"You clasp the brooch on that cloak with the pin here. Someone added some sort of magical barrier that looks to allow the brooch to block magical missiles from striking you." He hands the brooch back to the Twin.

Grabbing the cloak Fearless places it in the Mariner's hands. "Don't need you getting scared and running away on us again."


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

Cats seems satisfied and is happy to let the ratlings go. He takes some time to examine the room in case there was anything of value that had been overlooked in the fighting.

1d20 + 7 ⇒ (2) + 7 = 9 Perception - Search room.

"What the cat now? Do we go back and rest? Or catty on?" Cats looks down at his multiple wounds and thinks about resting for a week.

hp 4/17


Having no concept of magiked things, the Mariner defers to Fearless's judgement, "Thanks." How's this supposed to protect from bats? Use it like a shrimping net maybe? Bat net. This big embroidered cheese symbol on the back is kinda weird, sigh, just put it on.

Scarab Sages

M Human

Hells Bells!
Looking around to the rest of the members of the party. BB exclaims, Basically, the story I'm hearing is that WE are in the middle of Revenge Island, with supernatural forces, witches, dream murderers, and ancient (or outer?) Gods are all creating strife and mayhem. For something that happened hundreds of years ago and has absolutely nothing to do with us… but we are their punching bag.

Looking at each of the other PC’s to see if they silently agree with his assessment.

Turning back to the Ratlings.

Well a deal is a deal, but I want to make it perfectly clear that if Ratch or any of his clan attack any humans, then we will be forced to hunt them and exterminate.

When Ratch and Two Tails leaves BB goes back to the Sanctuary, and warns Lady Winter of our uneasy truce. Further advising that he doesn’t trust them. Suggesting to bring the sick and the children into the main sanctuary for better guarding. Plus York should have some acid or Alchemists Fire available in case the Ratlings bring a swarm of rats. His last course of action is to try to see if there's one or two extra vials of acid or Alchemist fire.

Scarab Sages

M Human

Hey Fearless, can you please take a look at this pearl again?
You seemed to look at these new items and almost instantly know what they do. I think if given a second glance, you might have better luck

He hands him the pearl and touches his left wrist with his holy forearm.
Cast Luck on Fearless . Fearless if you use spellcraft, you get two rolls, taking the best result.


Male Halfling

Fearless shrugs and takes a look at the pearl as he spins the tiny sphere between his fingers.

Spellcraft Pearl DC 32: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (5) + 7 + (1) = 13
Spellcraft Pearl DC 32: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (10) + 7 + (6) = 23

"No clue. This pearl holds many powerful secrets to unlock, I'll have to take a better look tomorrow or when we stop getting swarmed by hundreds of hungry rats." Fearless spins the pearl back to BB.

"Speaking of which." Fearless points a stubby finger up to York. "You got any extra glass containers with acid or alchemist's fire laying around? This place is just crawling with critters. Quit holding out on us!"

Status:

HP 16/16
AC 18
Spells 1st 1/2
Inspiration 1/3
Tactician 1/1


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

Cats follow Brother Butterfly back into the Chapel not because he cares what the Brother is doing, but so that he can relax from his wounds.

"Oh man, this cat is in pain. He got me right where he could reach, the tiny thing from behind, he did," Cats grouses as he get comfortable.

Scarab Sages

M Human

Seeing his friend in discomfort, BB moves over to him.
Let us continue out Journey. Desna is not done with us this day.


CLW: 1d8 + 2 ⇒ (4) + 2 = 6


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3
"Brother Butterfly" wrote:
"Let us continue out Journey. Desna is not done with us this day."

Cats smiles as the soothing healing washes through his system.

"Are you *sure*? Because I'm pretty sure the gods just had us laid out by a bunch of rats. They seem to be screaming 'come back tomorrow'," Cats resists, just getting comfortable. "What the cat do the rest of you think?"

HP 10/17. I'll go but I'll be hiding in the back, moreso.


As Cats debates continuing into the asylum with Brother Butterfly, Lady Winter approaches and offers her healing powers.

BB, save that spell.
CMW Cats: 2d8 + 3 ⇒ (7, 2) + 3 = 12 *Full HP
CLW Butterfly: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (5) + 3 = 8 *16/19 HP
CLW Pinkie: 1d8 + 3 ⇒ (2) + 3 = 5 *16/17 HP

***

Meanwhile, Fearless goes to York and demands arson supplies. York shakes his head, wondering why anyone would be carrying around such foolish things in an asylum full of mental patients, but Campre approaches and takes a couple flasks from a ratty pouch at his side.

"I've got two. I'll sell 'em to ya for 20 gold each."
York blinks at the gap-toothed orderly. "What are you doing with those? And where did you get them?"
Campre shrugs. "The shapeshifter in the dungeon had 'em."


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling

Fearless looks confused at Campre. "Don't be a fool." He places his fingers in the air one at a time as if counting.

"One...Why would I have gold in here as a patient....
Two... We saved your ass when we could have just let the Shapeshifters gut you and escaped...
And three....this is the most important. While you are in here all nice and snug we are out there exploring, risking our lives."

Fearless reaches his hands out."So just give us the flasks already Fool."


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

Cats seems very inspired when Winter offers her aid to heal him. He smiles.

"Cat you very much," Cats says, jumping to his feet. "I feel much better. Much much catter." He grins and looks back toward the rat holes and the rest.

When others are ready, he'll follow along.

Btw, I think I've forgotten or missed it, but does Ms. Winter have a holy symbol as a focus for her efforts? And does it match any of the statues in the chapel?

Scarab Sages

M Human

It is written, pay a man his due. When someone works a day's wages, pay that man what is owed and he shall return to work tomorrow.

Turning to Campre , Brother Butterfly tells him , If you will accept an IOU then I will pay you 40 gold for those vials. You already have my share of the pearl necklace when it is sold. While I do not have money on me, Desna shines brightly on her follower and I am certain that I shall be lucky in my endeavors. Your forty gold pieces will somehow end up in my pocket.
diplomacy: 1d20 + 7 ⇒ (5) + 7 = 12

When the situation with Campre is resolved BB returns to the infirmary. Placing his hands on the door and concentrating.

GM:
cast door sight.


1 person marked this as a favorite.

"I've only got one point." Campre scowls at Fearless and shows him one finger in a rude gesture.

To Brother Butterfly, he says, "Desna may favor you, but I'm pretty sure she isn't going to pay any debts in this life. Give me the pearls and I'll give you the flasks and an IOU."

Lady Winter has a holy symbol of Pharasma.

BB:
Im not sure which door you are talking about. Can you move BB on the map to it?


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

Cats moves and follows Brother Butterfly, feeling much better.

"Alright then, let's see what other horrors this place has in cat for us."

Scarab Sages

M Human

Answering Campre's barter proposal. The Pearls are not mine to barter. They were divided evenly to all participants.
taking a pause

This may be Desna's intention. To keep the fire flasks here, as The Sanctuary may need them should a horde of rats attack.

With that, he walks to the Infirmary and the Northern door. Looking to make certain everyone is here before proceeding to look "beyond".

gm:
BB moved to position. He'll reveal whatever he sees on the other side.


Rough Around the Edges 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC 17; Touch 13; FF 14 | Fort +2; Ref +3; Will +2 | CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Perception +2 | Sense Motive -1 | Kn. Arc +8 | Spellcraft +5
Eidolon Stats:
HP: 11/11 | AC 21*; Touch 13; FF 18* | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | CMD 15 | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +5 | Kn. Religion +8 | Stealth +8
Resources:
Summon SLA: 5/5 | Spells: 1st: 3/3

The Twin's eyes gloss over as the group barters for flasks of flammable liquid. "I just want to leave..."

Once everyone appears to be ready, he moves along with Brother to the door to the Infirmary. "About time to move this along." he says with a sigh as he draws his magical dagger and keeps the Snake at the ready next to him.


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling

"Always was a damn fool Campre. Just remember you are next if we fail." Fearless returns the rude gesture and turns to follow BB back to the Infirmary, complaining about rats the whole way (Both physical and metaphorical).


Returning to the infirmary, Brother Butterfly uses his divine gift for seeing past doors to look in on a hallway. To the left it seems to connect directly to the passage leading back to the library, but to the right it ends at a collapsed section of rubble.


The Mariner steps into the hallway, noting the missed doors to the south. "Let's check those out first -don't want anything sneaking up on us from behind."

Stealth: 1d20 ⇒ 20


1 person marked this as a favorite.
Rough Around the Edges 2 | HP: 17/17 | AC 17; Touch 13; FF 14 | Fort +2; Ref +3; Will +2 | CMD 15 | Initiative +3 | Perception +2 | Sense Motive -1 | Kn. Arc +8 | Spellcraft +5
Eidolon Stats:
HP: 11/11 | AC 21*; Touch 13; FF 18* | Fort +1; Ref +6; Will +3 | CMD 15 | Perception +5 | Sense Motive +5 | Kn. Religion +8 | Stealth +8
Resources:
Summon SLA: 5/5 | Spells: 1st: 3/3

The Twin nods to Mariner as he moves with the man, keeping about 30' between him and the man, but he he gives a flick of the hand as he speaks softly. "Follow him to make sure he doesn't die."

The Snake slithers forward to follow the Mariner as the Twin opens the door into the hallway revealed by Brother.

Stealth-Snake: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (17) + 8 = 25

To Brother, Twin nods to the northern door as he and the priest of Desna moves towards it. "Use your palm-eyes to look through this door while Mariner deals with that door. It will help us speed up a bit."


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

Cats moves up to hide against the wall, waiting for the door to open.

Take 20 to hide: 28.

They'll never see me here against the wall...unless they come from another way.

He fingers his bow, waiting.


3 people marked this as a favorite.
Male Halfling

Fearless follows out into the hallway.

Stealth: 1d20 + 3 ⇒ (19) + 3 = 22

Though his bare feet look huge and like they should sound like an elephant plodding through the room, they actually mold and bend around the rubble as the calloused bottoms protect him like a leather shoe, and barely making a sound.

He loads his crossbow, holding it at the ready as BB checks through the next door.

"So, you always been able to see through doors and walls? Were you some kind of pervert in your younger days shapeshifter?" Fearless whispers.

Scarab Sages

2 people marked this as a favorite.
M Human

BB takes position just like The Twins indicated, and puts his hands on the door. Looking to see what may be beyond.

use door sight again

BB smiles, certainly he doesn't remember what he did before he arrived at Briarstone, but this ability really COULD lead to lewd acts -- if he were ever inclined.

in a whisper back to Fearless.
Sounds like you are complaining about my special abilities. Or, are you actually hoping to become a pervert yourself. If you do, I can teach you the tenets of Desna and maybe YOU can see through doors and become a Peeping Hobbit.

just tell me anytime you want to hear about The Great Traveler and I will expound my wisdom.


Pinkie makes a mental note that Campre is holding out on things that could be useful to getting out of this place as he follows the group out into the hall giggling to himself "Yea maybe when hes asleep.....i'm sure none will mind....your right prolly shouldn't let him know.


Brother Butterfly uses Desna's sight again...

BB:

Yellow fog roils against the cathedral-like windows of this opulent, two-story office. The room combines the features of a alienist's study and a royal lounge. The ground floor features overstuffed furnishings, elegant side tables, and an altar-like desk of dark marble. A delicate spiral staircase and balcony of dark iron rises to a lofty library overhead. The place has quite a collection of books, art, and curios.

At the room’s center, Doctor Losandro kneels in a pool of her own blood, her back straight, her mouth gaping at the ceiling. From her mouth an unsteady torrent of colored mist spurts like a fountain, spreading out around her like in a hazy veil.

Map Updated

Scarab Sages

M Human

His eyes grow wide, and he says one word.
DESNA

Then he describes the scene to the rest of the Watchmen.
Yellow fog roils against the cathedral-like windows of this opulent, two-story office. The room combines the features of a alienist's study and a royal lounge. The ground floor features overstuffed furnishings, elegant side tables, and an altar-like desk of dark marble. A delicate spiral staircase and balcony of dark iron rises to a lofty library overhead. The place has quite a collection of books, art, and curios.
At the room’s center, Doctor Losandro kneels in a pool of her own blood, her back straight, her mouth gaping at the ceiling. From her mouth an unsteady torrent of colored mist spurts like a fountain, spreading out around her like in a hazy veil.

gm:
Is there ANYTHING in religion that might help me better understand this unholy like event. knowledge religion
1d20 + 8 ⇒ (7) + 8 = 15


Brother Butterfly has no idea what is happening with Doctor Losandro.

Knowedge Planes DC 21 for verbal description (17 if seen directly):

Doctor Losandro appears to have somehow become an Oneirogen.

Oneirogens were once normal mortals who have suffered a rare but terrible curse. Within them lies a sliver-sized tear between planes, a crack hardly larger than a pinprick that destroys everything they once were in an endless deluge of planar power. Created by magical mistakes and otherworldly conjunctions, oneirogens wander in a haze as living husks whose grip on any reality has been erased. What little remains of their minds is bent on self-preservation, even as they are locked at the center of storms of strange powers endlessly streaming from their mouths and nostrils. The death of their personalities might be a mercy, but what lingers on are primal beings, slaves of uncontrolled planar might.
While the portal trapped within an oneirogen might connect to any plane of existence, it most commonly provides a path to the Dimension of Dreams. As mortal minds already drift toward that realm, breaches between the waking and unconscious worlds might occur when potent magics attempt to tamper with the boundaries of dream.

Many oneirogens are linked to the Dimension of Dreams—they spew a sour, yellow fog. Creatures that enter this fog often fall into a deep sleep. Additionally, they do not receive natural healing from resting for the next 24 hours. The creature can attempt another Will save every round to wake up and can be woken up as if it had been affected by the spell sleep.


While Brother Butterfly describes the room with Doctor Losandro, the Mariner quietly cracks open another door and look inside. What he sees would look like a typical physician's office if it weren't for the preponderance of grotesque anatomical sketches, most depicting traumas and deformities of the head and brain. A torn up couch sits near a sturdy display case that stands open and completely empty.

Scarab Sages

M Human

shuddering at the terrible sight of Dr. Losandro, whom - when alive - he actually had solid respect for.

let us follow The Mariner and support him. We can leave this door and it's horrors until we clear out the rest in this hallway.

BB moves into teh room and looks around.

perception: 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (18) + 6 = 24


The Mariner nods in agreement,
probably more rats
. With a ready breath, he snaps into the room, checking both sides of the room with the polearm.

perception: 1d20 ⇒ 3

-Posted with Wayfinder


Guy who Rocks in Chair 3

Cats waits to pounce!! With an arrow, from afar. He lets others go first and draw out anything that might be within.

I'm hiding! No one can see me!


Male Halfling

Knowledge Planes; inspiration: 1d20 + 7 + 1d6 ⇒ (1) + 7 + (1) = 9

Fearless finds little in the ways of inspiration from BB's vague and strange details and quickly becomes distracted as the Mariner bashes in another door.

"Yea probably a good thing to skip that horror show."

Fearless listens quietly to hear if the mariner needs any help in the room. "They have any medicine in there?"

Status:

HP 16/16
AC 18
Spells 1st 1/2
Inspiration 0/3
Tactician 1/1


The desk and bookshelves here are in fine repair. Within the desk drawers are notes belonging to Doctor Arosh Chawaar, who pursued new treatments for hydrocephalus. Many of these notes bear marginalia from the doctor’s sister, Doctor Anya Chawaar of Katheer. The sum of Arosh’s research is compiled in a worn, rust-colored notebook in his desk drawer. On the floor under the desk you find a capped syringe filled with some sort of liquid.

Heal Check DC 16:
Though its exact worth is hard to determine. Though the legitimacy of the notes would take months to verify, most medical institutions or scholars of medicine (as one might find in any significantly sized city) would probably pay handsomely for the journal.

Heal Check DC 20 or Knowledge Arcana DC 17:
The syringe contains an alchemically created potion of cure moderate wounds that functions only if injected.


Male Halfling

heal: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (8) + 1 = 9
Knowledge Arcana: 1d6d20 + 7 ⇒ (2, 3) + 7 = 12

Fearless is quickly drawn to the book. Something about it piqued his inner curiosity. He quickly flips through the pages before stuffing it into his pack.

Knowledge is power against whatever is happening here.

Kneeling down Fearless sees a small glint underneath the desk. crawling underneath it he retrieves the syringe and holds it up for all to see.

"This some of that medicine they have been giving us round here?"

1,051 to 1,100 of 1,724 << first < prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / DM Rah's Strange Aeons All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002-2017 Paizo Inc.® | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours, Monday through Friday, 10:00 AM to 5:00 PM Pacific time.

Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, Starfinder, the Starfinder logo, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc. The Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Legends, Pathfinder Online, Starfinder Adventure Path, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.