Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Curse of the Crimson Throne

Game Master Euan


1 to 50 of 11,672 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>

1 person marked this as a favorite.

While the party finishes their discussion at Leftovers and watches the clock move ever so slowly, Briar the Lesser rushes forward...

Briar the Lesser wrote:
While it is still hours until the meet time, and while mulling things over, Briar goes directly to 3 Lancet Street, walking by it a few times to see what he sees. After a few casual walk-bys (at random intervals and pretending nonchalance), he will see what he can learn about 3 Lancet.

Wending your way to Lancet street in the Midland district, you find it in a lower-middle class neighborhood (as expected). No shingles extend to this area, but you can see them not far off.

3 Lancet street is quiet and dark. It is an upstairs apartment with a narrow but sturdy set of stairs leading to it on the outside of the building over a small alley. A window in the apartment is open and the slight breeze shifts the drapes lightly. It is otherwise still.

There is a well worn sign over the stairwell, Fortunes Told, the future revealed. The sign has a little art of a typically Varisian nature with the color violet being prominent in the design. The downstairs space looks to be a butcher's shop, or maybe a general grocers - it's hard to tell in the dark without stopping and peering in the windows.


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Briar looks to the stars and wonders how it got so late so quickly.

It was just mid-afternoon a few moments ago...I must have been wandering for a long time.

Checking the time again, Briar will take a position a few doors down to skulk and watch the place until the midnight hour hits.

Take 20 Stealth = 23.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (18) + 5 = 23 Perception


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Fondo gives Dandilion a gallant if rather too dramatic bow. "Lady evening star, let us be the hand of whatever fortune Desna holds for Gaedeen Lamm. For we are nearly as many as the stars that guide our fortunes."

He then realizes that their more aged companion is still washing himself. "Er, well it wouldn't hurt to eat our mutton first and slake our thirsts. Courage comes in many forms. The best has a nice, toothsome head."


Male Half Elf (PER +8 | FORT+7 REF+5 WILL+13 | AC 23 (F23, T10) CMD10) Luckstone

Charlie saunters down to have a touch of ale to sooth his aching soul before heading out to face his demon(s.) "Hello new friends! Let's slake our thirsts and loosen our tongues! It is a party we will have for we might get a kick to the teeth before the night is through."


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes
Fondo Barondo wrote:

Fondo gives Dandilion a gallant if rather too dramatic bow. "Lady evening star, let us be the hand of whatever fortune Desna holds for Gaedeen Lamm. For we are nearly as many as the stars that guide our fortunes."

He then realizes that their more aged companion is still washing himself. "Er, well it wouldn't hurt to eat our mutton first and slake our thirsts. Courage comes in many forms. The best has a nice, toothsome head."

"The very thought of the man makes eating impossible, I'm afraid. But, I have something to take of first, anyway." Dandi her golden sails smile, letting the torchlight catch in her eyes for a moment, the arch of one brow echoing their charm. Vinegar is sweeter with a bit of honey mixed in.

"What say I meet you there once my...errand... is complete?"

Though Fondo and the others may hold a similar fate, she knows hers is an increasingly tangled strand. The fewer knots between the two may be better for them all.

After excusing herself, Dandi looks one last time to complete her appointed transfer this evening before heading out towards 3 Lancet.


Briar the Lesser wrote:
Checking the time again, Briar will take a position a few doors down to skulk and watch the place until the midnight hour hits.

The midnight hour is nigh and as yet nary a soul seems to approach. If anyone is home they must be asleep. As yet no one else has approached the home. The street too are quiet as most sensible folk have gone to bed.


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

As the inn quiets, Barael looks down at himself to make sure his belt is still in place. He notices that the lady takes a similar cue in excusing herself as the old man returns.

"If I understand the timing of our revelations, it's got something to do with this card I was given, cards maybe you were given too." Barael extends the Locksmith card furtively to show to both Fondo and Charlie.

"There is an address and a time, and I intend on meeting both. Before I do, I need to get out of my finery. To do that, and meet up with you folks, I need to go now."

Barael shakes Fondo's hand, and pats Charlie's shoulder, and quietly leaves the Leftovers.

The cold air of the streets informs Barael that he's sweating a bit. His senses are heightened in anticipation of this night's promise. He runs when he can, walks when he needs to, until he arrives at his doorstep. For once, I hope you're drunk, Mum, passed out, sleeping the sleep of the dead.

Up the stairs, as quiet as a doormouse, past mum's bedroom.
Stealth1d20 + 1 ⇒ (14) + 1 = 15

After acquiring his essentials, he heads directly to 3 Lancet Street, passing it casually, circling the block, and returning to a shadow to watch for his friends' arrival.

Barael scans the surroundings.
Perception1d20 ⇒ 13


DM Rolls:
1d6 ⇒ 4 target 1

Barael, you slink into an excellent shadow from which to watch the house, but see nothing else of interest on the street. It appears deserted as does the house.

What a careful party!


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

"Aye, I've also been harrowed. Seems I've the Rabbit Prince. Methinks that means I'm meant to scurry along for some tea at said rendezvous. Ser Charlay, will you accompany me? A young man and his kindly uncle attract little or no suspicion, no?"

Fondo collects his rapier, buckler and chakra from the cloak room and walks to Lancet Street in a roundabout fashion, with or without his 'uncle.'


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes

Her business complete, Dandilion opts for the quiet routes and a circuitous path. Approaching the address a few minutes before the appointed time, she finds a place to wait and ponder the Dancer on her card.


Male Half Elf (PER +8 | FORT+7 REF+5 WILL+13 | AC 23 (F23, T10) CMD10) Luckstone

"Yes, Fondo. Let's go together. I need to make a stop along the way." Charlie needs to stop at his stash in the Vaults for his gear and then he'll be ready to roll.


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

"It might do to pop by my palatial abode as well. By which I mean my hovel." As is his wont, Fondo laughs at his own brilliant humor.


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

Nikolay walks down the street as if he belongs there, another guard strolling the night and keeping the peace. At midnight, he stops in front of the door to 3 Lancet Street, oblivious to the others lurking about. He looks at the peacock on the card one more time and then knocks on the door.

1d20 ⇒ 1 - Perception


The steps, while well worn, creak very little as Nikolay climbs to the door. As he knocks the door sweeps open being unlocked and unlatched. He sees an inviting room filled with color even in the darkness and a large table. There seems to be a note on the table, but the room is dark and so it's hard to read - that and you're still several feet away in the doorway.

Charlie and Fondo arrive moments later and see Nikolay on the steps at the door deciding what to do next. The others continue to lurk in their respective hiding places watching and waiting.

There is no one else visible on the street.


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes

As the others show up, Dandilion falls in behind them. She keeps an eye out, though, for anyone falling in behind her.


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Briar sits quietly as he waits and watches, slowing turning the card end over end as the thinks. Briar is grateful for the time to sit quietly and dwell on the many questions that plague him.

Why the avalanche? What does it mean? Who gave it to me?

1d20 + 6 ⇒ (4) + 6 = 10 Know (Arcana)

Briar shakes his head at the card, this city, and the people within.

Thorne, where have you gone?

* * *
Briar holds his breath as the a figure approaches the door, a human.

Briar watches the entering with interest.

Seems harmless enough. Might even be a guard.

Briar sits in silence for a while longer.


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

Emboldened by the numbers, and eager to not to be seen on the street any longer than he must, Barael makes his way as politely as possible past Nikolay and Dandilion into the apartment.

If there are no obvious light sources, Barael stays within the fall of the light from the entrance.


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Fondo gets out his buckler and holds it in the fold of his cloak. Putting his other hand on Charlie's shoulder, he nods toward the door of 3 Lancet.

As they approach and see Dandilion, Barael and Nikolay, Fondo gives a friendly smile. He whispers to Nikolay, "Ah, so Desna did have others in mind for our journey. Gaedren Lamm is not wanting for 'friends,' is he, Ser Charlay?"


The room is dark, as is the street. What dim light is provided comes from the half moon which is out among the clear skies. Dandelion sees candles arrayed around the room in the dimness and a box of tindertwigs on the table near a large candelabra.

@ Briar, you know the card represents disaster: an unthinking panic and destruction that overruns all. Of course it's meaning will vary based on a reading.

Also, perception checks from anyone still on the street watching the house. Those in the doorway or inside not so much.


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes

"surely there must be something here..." Dandilion deliberately fumbles around a bit before "finding" the tindertwigs and candles. Lighting one, she smiles to the others through the light. "That's better. A few more and this could be positively homey. "


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

Nikolay initially grabs for his sword as the other people approach until he recognizes them from the bar and their interest in Lamm.

"Welcome."

Aware or his shortcomings in noticing things, Nikolay takes a couple minutes to look around.


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Seeing others approaching the door, Briar feels some relief.

They don't seem so bad...and certainly don't seem concern for their safey. I should check this out.

Briar will quietly move from his hiding spot and openly approach the door to 3 Lancet, his quarterstaff in hand.

Briar will strain to hear the words of others as he approaches, still not trusting in anything.

1d20 + 5 ⇒ (3) + 5 = 8 Perception


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Fondo murmurs to Dandi.

Elvish:
"You look even lovelier in Desna's own light, Lady Butterfly."


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

Barael slowly walks to the table, letting his eyes adjust to the newly provided light. "Thank you kindly for the light, fair lady."

The note seems to ask for reading, and every one of the patrons of the Leftovers appears to be here. Barael proceeds to read the note aloud to the rest of the group.


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes
Fondo Barondo wrote:

Fondo murmurs to Dandi.

** spoiler omitted **

Dandi's head dips at the first lilting syllables, before shock startles her system. Does he know? Can he see? Has my hat slipped? One hand steadies the hat upon her head and she stammers out an answer, "What? I don't understand."

She eyes Fondo warily, trying to place him beyond the tavern earlier tonight, but his eyes aren't the ones she remembers from her fever dreams, nor his voice the smooth Elven that toys at the edge of her memories. But it's possible he's seen through her disguise. Already. Here in the dark.

bluff for pretending not to understand Elven:
1d20 + 1 ⇒ (4) + 1 = 5

Barael de Gare wrote:

Barael slowly walks to the table, letting his eyes adjust to the newly provided light. "Thank you kindly for the light, fair lady."

The note seems to ask for reading, and every one of the patrons of the Leftovers appears to be here. Barael proceeds to read the note aloud to the rest of the group.

Giving an awkward smile, Dandilion moves closer as if hear what might be read a little better.


Male Half Elf (PER +8 | FORT+7 REF+5 WILL+13 | AC 23 (F23, T10) CMD10) Luckstone

Charlie takes the cue from Fondo and puts on his best old man hobble up the coupla steps to give the room a gander. Perception to see a hint of someone lurking inside. 1d20 + 4 ⇒ (13) + 4 = 17


The room is quite cozy with a few wooden chairs, a pair of overstuffed chairs and a sofa along one wall. With the flickering candle light it's clearly a Varisian abode with bright colors abounding. As with the sign outside, purple seems to predominate this room. Two doors lead off to other chambers.

It is filled with a fragrant haze smelling of flowers and strong spice, the haze coming from several sticks of incense smoldering in a wall-sconce that looks like butterfly-winged elves. The smoke itself seems to soften edges and gives the room a dream-like feel.

Barael's voice rings clearly in the small room as he reads the note.

"Thank you for coming. I had to step out for a bit, but shall return shortly. Please have a seat while you wait. The basket under the table contains bread and wine for you."

As the echo of his voice fades in the cozy room, you can almost hear the chimes of the church bell of Aroden to the north in Old Korvosa ringing out for matins.

There is indeed a basket of bread and a bottle of light Varisian wine under the table. None of you (especially Charlie) sees anything else of particular interest.


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Retroactive Perception to see through Dandi's disguise – oops, sorry that I didn't notice she'd disguised her race. 1d20 ⇒ 17

Sense motive to see through Dandilion's bluff, and realize she's trying to disguise herself 1d20 ⇒ 6

"Ah, sorry my lovely. In Elvish that means, the moonlight brings out your beauty even more."

Rollplay Bluff to play along with her ruse 1d20 + 6 ⇒ (16) + 6 = 22*


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Fondo digs into the bread and pours a flagon of wine. "Anyone else care for some?"


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

Briar stops short of the door to 3 Lancet, takes a deep breath, clears his mind of his fears, then approaches the door and opens it.

He takes a moment outside to let his eyes adjust to the light before entering.

Briar will looks at the others within (not sure who all are in yet), before approaching Fondo, who has the wine.

"Did you send me this card? Who are you and what does it mean?"


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes
Fondo Barondo wrote:
...."Ah, sorry my lovely. In Elvish that means, the moonlight brings out your beauty even more."

”But… you don’t look …“ she says with a teasing lilt beginning in her voice. She stops short, though, her words caught like her attention.

Briar the Lesser wrote:
...."Did you send me this card? Who are you and what does it mean?"

A newcomer fills the doorway, long ears waving like banners on either side of his head, ”… Elven…” Wasn’t he at the tavern? With the little red haired girl?


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Fondo murmurs as an aside to Dandilion, "Well, ah, no. But many of my heart's delights have been."

He puts down his wine and picks up an empty flagon and the decanter of wine. Pouring some, he offers it to the newcomer. "Twas not I, mister elf. I have had many harrow readings, most portenting happy fortunes. But I do not cast the cards. It was a fox footed girl led us here."


Male Half Elf (PER +8 | FORT+7 REF+5 WILL+13 | AC 23 (F23, T10) CMD10) Luckstone

"Um, Yes, please. Where are the glasses? Ah, here ya go. Please pay no attention to the laws of physics regarding fluid dynamics. Yes, I know fluid dynamics were not probably a thing here. Just run with it.

Finding a comfortable place among the finery Charlie enjoys himself. It may seem an obscene amount of happiness. That is probably an accurate observation.


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

"Oh, the name is... Boldo." Fondo happily pours for Charlie.


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)
Fondo wrote:
"Anyone else care for some?"

"I'll break bread with you, Boldo." Barael walks over to the two closed doors, keeping an open hand in the direction of Fondo. "Small piece, though. Not sure how many Harrow cards were given out tonight. It'd be rude if the bread were gone before they got a chance at it."

Barael listens closely through the doors.
Perception1d20 ⇒ 10

Hey now, Aroden. Was that your church bell chiming? Sounds are carrying well tonight...

Barael moves to the opened window, and looks to close it, and curtain it to prevent the newly lit sources of light from bringing attention to themselves. The doorway next, but not until I see the elf relax a little.

"My name is Barael. I've already talked a bit with Boldo and Charlie, enough to remember them after a stiff night's drinking. As for the rest of you, I'd happily learn your names. After all, we're not here for the bread and wine, now are we?" Barael sets his Harrow card on the large table.


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26
Fondo Barondo wrote:
"Twas not I, mister elf. I have had many harrow readings, most portenting happy fortunes. But I do not cast the cards. It was a fox footed girl led us here."

Briar nods and quietly thanks Fondo.

"That is disappointing," Briar waves off the offered wine and turns around to address the room.

"Did *ANY* of you give me this card?" Briar holds his card out, questioning. Briar's eyes flicker from face to face as if evaluating and judging each of the people in the room.


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes
Briar the Lesser wrote:
Fondo Barondo wrote:
"Twas not I, mister elf. I have had many harrow readings, most portenting happy fortunes. But I do not cast the cards. It was a fox footed girl led us here."

Briar nods and quietly thanks Fondo.

"That is disappointing," Briar waves off the offered wine and turns around to address the room.

"Did *ANY* of you give me this card?" Briar holds his card out, questioning. Briar's eyes flicker from face to face as if evaluating and judging each of the people in the room.

Dandilion stares stupidly for a moment, trapped by a fleeting memory of large Elven eyes... Pierce the Veil! He's an elf! It was an elf!...Maybe...

"What? No, not me at any rate..." She pulls her own card from her pocket, The Dancer waiting for her with infinite grace and patience.


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

Nikolay pulls out his own card and casts a light spell on it.

"We each seem to have been summoned to this place."

He places the card on the table and looks about.

"It seems to me that we all are seeking the mysterious criminal known as Lamm. My life was already consumed with finding the despicable man before he framed me for murder. Now I cannot proceed with my life until I can prove his involvment with that death."


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

Fondo pours a bit of wine on the floor and spits.

Varisian:
"May his dank soul be riven by the seven lords of sin. One appendage for each of us that he has robbed — his nethers for me, and his heart for Pharasma."

"I am a man who loves the pleasures of laughter the body and drink above all else. But this man somehow laid his hands upon my sister. I will see him pay."


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26
Nikolay Vasilevich wrote:
"We each seem to have been summoned to this place."

Briar continues to observe anyone in the room as his mind works, judging the threat level in the room.

"From all accounts, Gaedrem Lamm is a dangerous, dangerous man...a killer, a liar, a thief, and worse: he perverts life's purpose with drugs and foul addictions. And despite how dangerous he is, I have allowed myself to be lured into a trap. If none of you sent this, then who did? And why?"

Briar begins to edge back to the door.


Male Human (Per +18 | Fort +12 Ref +16 Will +12 | AC 24 (f 19/t 17)| CMD 30/f 25)

Shoanti:
"Better to let a scared animal escape than corner it and risk a bitten hand."

"I'm thinking that if I wait a spell, I'm going to know the answer to your two questions." Barael sits down at the table, trying to triangulate a view of the three doors in the apartment. "If Lamm is as dangerous as you surmise, I think I would already be dead, not thrown under a cart for a murder I hadn't committed." He nods knowingly at Nikolay.


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes
Fondo Barondo wrote:

Fondo pours a bit of wine on the floor and spits.

** spoiler omitted **
"I am a man who loves the pleasures of laughter the body and drink above all else. But this man somehow laid his hands upon my sister. I will see him pay."

Dandilion smiles a little at Boldo's Varisian aside, though she doesn't answer. But her face clouds over at the rest of it.

"It won't be enough, Boldo." but it will be something.

Briar the Lesser wrote:
Nikolay Vasilevich wrote:
"We each seem to have been summoned to this place."

Briar continues to observe anyone in the room as his mind works, judging the threat level in the room.

"From all accounts, Gaedrem Lamm is a dangerous, dangerous man...a killer, a liar, a thief, and worse: he perverts life's purpose with drugs and foul addictions..."

Dandilion keeps her head down, though she nods as if in agreement, though her lip catches in her teeth.

if only that were the worst thing the man ever did...Sometimes I think the dead are the luckiest of his victims.

Barael de Gare wrote:

** spoiler omitted **

"I'm thinking that if I wait a spell, I'm going to know the answer to your two questions." Barael sits down at the table, trying to triangulate a view of the three doors in the apartment. "If Lamm is as dangerous as you surmise, I think I would already be dead, not thrown under a cart for a murder I hadn't committed." He nods knowingly at Nikolay.

"Oh, Lamm is as dangerous as he says. That you're not dead only means that he wanted you to suffer." wanted *us* to suffer, maybe? Was my savior just another of Lamm's men, following orders?


As Briar edges toward the door, he finds his way blocked by an attractive middle-aged Varisian woman with long dark hair.

"Please stay kind sir. I sent the card to you. I need your help."

Her voice is barely above a whisper. As she speaks, she moves into the room and takes a chair at the table. She gestures to the remaining chairs and invites you all to sit.

"May I have your cards?"

She takes the cards and replaces them in the Harrow deck they obviously came from and she begins to shuffle.

Does anyone keep their card?


half-elf
today's stuff, various:
Saves: ------------- HP: 96 Fort:12 Ref:15 Will:10 AC: 24 T:24 FL:14 Mutagen: Dex/Wis, lasts 20 minutes
DM_Euan wrote:


Does anyone keep their card?

Dandi reluctantly pulls the card from her pocket, turns it over once, then once more, and hands it to the woman.


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

Nikolay allows the woman to pick up his card as he takes a seat. Since he can't dismiss the light spell from the card, he casts it on a piece of the bread and then eats it.

(D) Dismissible:
Silly rules....
If the duration line ends with “(D),” you can dismiss the spell at will. You must be within range of the spell's effect and must speak words of dismissal, which are usually a modified form of the spell's verbal component. If the spell has no verbal component, you can dismiss the effect with a gesture. Dismissing a spell is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
Light
School evocation [light]; Level bard 0, cleric 0, druid 0, sorcerer/wizard 0
Casting Time 1 standard action
Components V, M/DF (a firefly)
Range touch
Target object touched
Duration 10 min./level Not dismissable? Really?
Saving Throw none; Spell Resistance no


Elf:
HP:113/113 AC: 21 (f17/t16)): K(Arc) +17, K(His) +7, K(Pl) +20, K(Rel) +20, Per +24, Sense +12, Spllcft +24/26

LOL@Nik's light-bread. A bright and enlightening solution. I wonder if that counts as a diet meal: a light snack.

Briar jumps back as the woman enters.

I didn't see her there!

Stepping back, Briar resists the urge to raise his quarterstaff, a meager defense it might be, before restoring his calm.

He smiles to hide his embarrassment and takes the card from his pocket and lays it on the table.

"And who are you, madame? Why have you called us here?"


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

"Mother drabarni*, thank you for your hospitality. I thought Desna had drawn us together, but I see it was her beautiful daughter, instead." Fondo bows deeply and presents to her his all too appropriate card.

*:
Romani for female fortuneteller. Might as well make it Varisian for female fortuneteller, as well.


"Thank you for coming friends - and for putting up with my unconventional method of contacting you. My name is Zellara. I have reason to remain hidden for I too have dealt with Gaedren Lamm. You see, year ago, his thieves stole this - my Harrow deck. It is important to me, an heirloom passed down through a dozen generations, and also my means of support."

"When pickpockets stole it, my son Eran, tracked them down. The thieves were in the employ of Gaedren Lamm, and in reward for finding them Gaedren murdered my son."

She pauses for a moment to catch her breath and - finding solace from somewhere - she continues.

"I sought help from the Guard but they turned me away. I asked around, I paid bribes, and I consulted the Harrow. Recently I was rewarded - I found out where Gaedren dwells. He can be found in an old fishery north of here at Westpier 17 where he trains his abducted children to be pickpockets and counts his stolen treasures."

"Now... I need your help. I cannot hope to face this man, and the Guard moves slowly if at all. Even if they did arrest him, what guarantee would I have that he be punished? This criminal has evaded the law for decades. So here we are. Will you make him pay for his crimes? Please, discuss this among yourselves at your leisure. I have waited a year for this, I can wait a little longer."


Male Human (PER +6 | FORT+15 REF+9 WILL+11 | AC 26 (F24, T14) CMD28)

Murder? Of a murderer? Do I have no respect for the law left?

Nikolay stands up and paces.

Could I ever really return to the Guard anyway? There would be no turning back after this.

"I wish him dead, but I desire proof of my innocence just as much. I'm not sure I can have both."

"He will be punished and...if the choice is between him evading responsibility for his actions and...punishment. I'm ready to do what needs to be done."

Nikolay stops pacing and sits down with a relieved, but determined look.

The decision has been made.


Male Human (Init +6 | Per +15 | Fort +16 Ref +15 Will +11* +1 enchant, +4 language & sonic | AC 31 (f25/t18) | CMD34*)

"Ah. Well perhaps I'll just take his b#$%#@!s and we'll let Pharasma have her due later."

Fondo shrugs. Do I even have it in me to castrate a man? I haven't even gelded a goat.

1 to 50 of 11,672 << first < prev | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Curse of the Crimson Throne Campaign All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.