Paizo Top Nav Branding
  • Hello, Guest! |
  • Sign In |
  • My Account |
  • Shopping Cart |
  • Help/FAQ
Recruitment Play-by-Post Play-by-Post Discussion
Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
Pathfinder Society

Pathfinder Beginner Box

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game

Pathfinder Comics

Pathfinder Legends

Baldwin the Merciful's - CoT Campaign (Inactive)

Game Master baldwin the merciful

This is Council of Thieves AP. Westcrown, City of Twilight, once was the center of Aroden's faith, but now it symbolizes despair. By day, the city remains a vibrant center of trade; but, by night only those with a death wish venture out.


9,551 to 9,600 of 26,346 << first < prev | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | next > last >>

Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea takes the locket and a piece of clothing. Thank you for your help, unfortunatly it doesn't seem to be a good time right now since our friends are waiting for us to deal with some other problems.

Andrea will make sure to ask the sergant where the warehouse was and about the rabbit holes before headeding back tot he Safehouse with the others.


Evil GM

The sergeant would reply "The rabbit holes were a few blocks away from the ambush site, they were areas that had easy escape routes, including the use of the sewers, if necessary. Some sewer guides where suppose to be there to assist if necessary, never met them myself."


Evil GM

Andrea, John, Fluer and Orsin eventually make their way through the rain back to the safehouse. A crowd is there including a new face belonging to a huge half-orc, he has vaguely familiar features.

Know-local DC12; or straight intelligence DC12 roll. For Andrea, John, Fluer, and Orsin recognize the H/O


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Welcome back guys. Find out anything new? I would love to know the whereabouts of the wizard from the docks.


Male Half-Orc Ranger/Monk 4 | 32/54 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +7; Perception +9;

Truk's attention is quickly drawn away from Lucrezia and her teasing to the newcomers, especially the calistran priestess and darkly dressed elf.

Shelyn blesses me. Where do these women come from?

The big orc offers a nod and a sharp bow.

"Truk'tosh."


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Intelligence: 1d20 + 1 ⇒ (1) + 1 = 2 Derp derp derp

Andrea nods to Truk'tosh. Hello, I am Andrea.

Andrea turns to Faelyn. Unfortunately, the mercenaries we talked to did not know much about the wizard. However, we did get some information on who hired them and some other tidbits.

Andrea then tells the others the information she got from the captures mercenaries. Page up dudes. :)

So, we might be able to track them by scrying if the Missepes and Grulios are willing to release one. I do have some personal possessions that can help. This may enable us to ambush them if possible. I have expended many of my miracles today though so we might need to wait.

Andrea takes a small drink of water to quench her parched throat. Has there been any progress with finding out more information about the summoning contest?


Male Half-Orc Ranger/Monk 4 | 32/54 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +7; Perception +9;

Truk is a bit put off by the calistran's dismissive introduction.

I'm going to have to work for this one. Is what they say about Calistran's false?

"I suggested we pose as muggers and attack the champion before the bout in order to draw out some of his more powerful spells but Lucrezia doesn't think it's worth the risk."

"Do you believe you can beat him in a straight up fight?" Truk asks the wizard.


Human, NPC

'So they claim Julistarc and Mezinas hired them to stall Grulios, that is interesting. I understand Mezinas is teetering on an edge, as major noble house, especially if the Missepe's are realigning with the Grulios House. That would wreck economic disaster for the Mezinas's, and although they are a major noble house they do pale is size, wealth and power to the Grulios. The Mezinas's would need help from above their status and it makes sense they align with another major house."

She ponders the information, "Wasn't that bandit you all caught in the sewers from the Cemaine family? That family is minor noble family beholden to the Julistarc's...is that coincidence?"

"We just heard from sources that it was House Cemaine who hired 3 score of mercenaries for the docks and protection."

Continuing to connect thoughts and the dots, "The mercs mentioned they had sewer guides waiting?"

Her big brown eyes get wide, "Andrea who was the thug in the sewers from last year...and...didn't you see one with a noble...in a...in a ..." her mind searching for the end of the thought.

I have spoiler on the campaign info page regarding the major noble houses from an earlier conversation with John's mentor.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Sorry if I came off as dismissive Truk, I guess I didn't type things out correctly.

I am afraid I can't remember right now who that bandit was. I will need to think on it for a while.Page wayyyy back.

[b]I do remember that the bandit in the sewers was named Henk and he was leader of the Red Knives. I saw him meeting with one of the Drovanges in an inn, isn't that correct Fiosa?

Edit.. Yes the bandit we caught was from the Cemaine family. I can't remember his first name though.


Male Half-Orc Ranger/Monk 4 | 32/54 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +7; Perception +9;

It's okay. I'm sure you're make it up later.

The big orc's head visibly spins as he tries to keep track of all the names being dropped.

"Are these noble families and mercenaries connected to this wizard battle we're attending tomorrow?"


Evil GM

The captured bandit's first name was Leif Cemaine, bastard H/E 5th son of Lord Verde Cemaine. He had the highly accurate spit with Shinon. Didn't he hit with two nat 20"s.

Henk is the leader of the Red knives and the one Andrea and Fiosa saw in the restaurant. Think that was your first date. Yes, they were meeting some emissary from House Drovenge.

Tying up loose story ends and connecting the dots.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Ah yes. Weapon Focus and WS-Spit.

Not that I know of, these names belong to those we encountered over the past year. Frankly I get rather confused as well.

Andrea starts making notes on a large sheet of parchement on what the team has done and needs to do.


Human, NPC

"Yes, these are noble families but I don't think they are part of tomorrow's contest." Janiven replies. I am forgetting that some of the members are new and not familiar with all the prior doings. "Truk, Faelyn, Fluer the folks we were discussing are powerhouses involved in political infighting and power struggle. There is a brewing civil war amongst the 12 major noble Wiscrani and their lesser beholden noble families. Power breeds corruption at times." She looks around to make sure everyone is following, "There have been a lot of suspicious activity and circumstances happening over the last year, and we've been caught up in the middle at times."

Picture the Godfather movies.


Male human bard 7/pathfinder savant 5: 83/83 hp, Init +2, AC 24 [touch 14, flat-footed 23], Fort +10, Ref +12, Will +11; Perception +5
Janiven wrote:
"There have been a lot of suspicious activity and circumstances happening over the last year, and we've been caught up in the middle at times."

Orsin suppresses a snort. "That's putting it lightly," he chuckles.


Human, NPC

"So are you going to scout out this competition site?


Male Half-Orc Ranger/Monk 4 | 32/54 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +7; Perception +9;

Truk nods.

"Makes sense."

I assume Fluer, John, and Orsin introduce themselves at some point.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19
Janiven wrote:
"So are you going to scout out this competition site?

Yes. I believe having Lucrezia and Fluer would be good candidates to head out with Faelyn.


Male Half-Orc Ranger/Monk 4 | 32/54 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +7; Perception +9;

The big orc frowns at being left out.

"What did you have planned for me?" he asks the stunning priestess.


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

"You can come with my group. Faelyn needs someone to look like a badass bodyguard follow us around as part of his 'entourage'. Best not to risk anyone wanting to mess with him before the match. You can handle yourself in a fight, right?"


Human, NPC

Who all is going on this recon mission?

Janiven, and others, bid the group farewell, "Be safe...nothing rash."


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

If it's the night before, Faelyn's in. Morning of is too risky.


Evil GM

It's late the day before about 4 pm.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

I will go to check things out at least since I may very well be lending aid. Fiosa, how about you come with us? We can have dinner at that wonderful inn afterwards. Or Second dinner if we go later.


Male Half-Orc Ranger/Monk 4 | 32/54 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +7; Perception +9;

"I can do a lot more than that...", Truk says with a soft growl.

"Let's go, all of us. The elf being seen with women as good looking as you three can only help his reputation."

Baldwin suggested we go now with those that are online so we can get this out of the way in a hurry.


Evil GM

Fiosa, Andrea, Faelyn, Lucrezia and Truk leave the safehouse during the inclement weather. The few folks that are out on the street give you strange double looks, seeing a human, elf, half-elf, hafling and half-orc hurrying through the streets towards the northern gate. At the gate, the dottari stop the group. The pompous looking group stops you, "State your purpose for entering the Northern district.'


Evil GM

Sarg...they'd't looklikethey'd be upto anything legal throughsthe gate," a shifting looking guard says barely breaking his words. Nut'ng but troubleifs yeaskme Sarg" His nose running slightly.

Several guards step forward to take a good look at the unusual companions.


Male Half-Orc Ranger/Monk 4 | 32/54 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +7; Perception +9;

Truk whispered a prayer, asking for Shelyn's grace in dealing with these fools.

Enhanced Diplomacy

"We have some brief business beyond the wall. It's nothing that the dottari need to trouble themselves over. Let us pass and you'll forget we were ever here", the big orc says calmly.

Diplomacy: 1d20 + 6 + 2 ⇒ (15) + 6 + 2 = 23


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Aid another! Or you could aid me.

Indeed, we have absolutely nothing illegal in mind. My goodness, you look miserable. Perhaps a blessing so you can hopefully enjoy a warm cider or meal later?

Bluff to offer a bribe to let them through without hassle.

Bluff: 1d20 + 9 ⇒ (19) + 9 = 28


Evil GM

The unfriendly looking guard wipes his running nose with the back of his hand, "'Dat don't putfuud on me table." He grimaces some then spit near the half-orc's feet. "Bah, guud riddance...but ye may notbe welcomed back without a toll." His blackened teeth show.


Male Half-Orc Ranger/Monk 4 | 32/54 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +7; Perception +9;

After the group is past the guards, Truk glances at Andrea.

"I should have figured a sweet thing like you would know your way around fools like those guards. I'll let you do the talking from here on. I'm more likely to get them started", the big orc says with a nod.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea's smirks. Bribery is part and parcel in Westcrown, it just depends on how you phrase it. A few coins in their palms will let us back through with no problems.


Evil GM

After getting your bearings you find your way near the Devildrome, there are quite few people loitering about the streets regardless of the rain. perception checks for anyone there, Fleur you can with the group if you want.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea looks about..

Perception: 1d20 + 10 ⇒ (16) + 10 = 26

Was it just the rain, or did something else send a chill up Andrea's back?


Male Half-Orc Ranger/Monk 4 | 32/54 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +7; Perception +9;

Truk holds up a meaty hand to block the rain while he looks around.

Perception: 1d20 + 8 ⇒ (15) + 8 = 23


Elven Dancer (Disguise of .Shadow. Perception DC 18)

Fluer quickly buys the widest, most over sized hat she can to protect herself from the worst of the rain. If the temperature is low enough then adding a cloak for warmth would also be on the cards.

Perception:1d20 + 11 ⇒ (11) + 11 = 22


Female Half Elf Urban Ranger / 7 and Wizard / 1 and Arcane Archer / 1 -- Perception: +18 in urban, +21 traps (otherwise +16) -- Init: +4 -- HP:49/59 -- AC: 23(Touch:15 / FF:19) -- F:7, R:11, W:5 +2vs enchants

perception 1d20 + 15 ⇒ (1) + 15 = 16

Lucrezia pulls up the hood of her cloak as she peers around.


Evil GM

You see there are three cloaked figures standing under porch, they sort of turn and look your way as you walk on the street. Across the way, there is another group of three figures hanging out. There is movement in second floor window above one of groups. Roughly 100 feet in front of you at the end of the street is semi-crumbling group of buildings with the northern wall at its back. From Lucrezia's description those are the buildings where the games are held.


Evil GM

In front of the building there are five armed bodyguards standing guard around under a makeshift awning. There looks to be some sort of barred window near the large double oak and steel doors.


Evil GM
Fluer wrote:

Fluer quickly buys the widest, most over sized hat she can to protect herself from the worst of the rain. If the temperature is low enough then adding a cloak for warmth would also be on the cards.

Perception:1d20+11

It's late summer, early fall, the month is Arodus but is unseasonably cool today.

hat prices go from 2 sp and up, a large brimmed floppy hat will run 5 to 10 sp. Cloaks are standard...assumed you already had one.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will nudge anyone who seems not to notice the figures.Just be wary, this is a bad part of the city(which is saying something.) Andrea loosens her mace just in case of trouble.


Male Half-Orc Ranger/Monk 4 | 32/54 hp + 0 nonlethal, Init +2, AC 16 (20) [touch 15, FF 13], Fort +14, Ref +11, Will +7; Perception +9;

Truk stands up as straight as possible in hopes that his imposing size will deter any would-be attackers.

"We should keep moving. I feel like this whole area is watching us."


Elven Dancer (Disguise of .Shadow. Perception DC 18)

Fluer/Shadow, from beneath her floppy hat, watches the watchers who might be watching the other watchers whom are all now probably watching the approaching group she is in.

Happy to spend the money on a good hat. up to 1 Gp if needed. And remember! "Any plan where you loze you hat? Is a BAD plan!"


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

So, I wonder if they will let us in to see the arena. If Faelyn introduces himself as a contestant we might be able to get a tour.


Evil GM

As you walk down the street you can feel the eyes on you, you also sense that the figures on either side of the road are armed. The cloaked gaurds in front of the building step forward a bit fanning out. Two have bulges under their cloaks, that resemble heavy crossbows. While the two other loosen their cloaks to reveal longswords. The last one is leaning on his orc double axe.

"Can we 'elp you," one of the men asks, he is large but he looks small standing near the half orc with the axe.


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

It is definitely worth a try. Faelyn walks over to the guards. Evening men. I will be a contestant here tomorrow. May I have a look around inside?


Evil GM

His chiseled face twitches, "What's 'he name?"


Male Elven Diviner 2 Init:6, Perception:9, AC: 13/13/10, Saves: 1/3/3 (+2 enchantments & immune to sleep), HP:15/15

Faelyn Sindrel at your service. Faelyn gives a slight bow. I am new to the games and could use some advice.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea. I will be assisting Faelyn during his bout.


Evil GM

"Boss said you might come by," he nods "advice...summon a stronger creature and out think the Champ." One of the other men chuckle. The half-orc opens the door, "the contestant's here he says to others in the lobby."

You do notice the barred window is a closed ticket window.


Female Human Cleric/Holy Vindicator 7/6 Init +4 HP 93/93 AC 25 (touch 12 FF25) F14,R7,W18Per+19

Andrea will follow Faelyn inside.

9,551 to 9,600 of 26,346 << first < prev | 187 | 188 | 189 | 190 | 191 | 192 | 193 | 194 | 195 | 196 | 197 | next > last >>
Paizo / Messageboards / Paizo Community / Online Campaigns / Play-by-Post / Gamethread : CoT All Messageboards

Want to post a reply? Sign in.

©2002–2014 Paizo Inc.®. Need help? Email customer.service@paizo.com or call 425-250-0800 during our business hours: Monday–Friday, 10 AM–5 PM Pacific Time. View our privacy policy. Paizo Inc., Paizo, the Paizo golem logo, Pathfinder, the Pathfinder logo, Pathfinder Society, GameMastery, and Planet Stories are registered trademarks of Paizo Inc., and Pathfinder Roleplaying Game, Pathfinder Campaign Setting, Pathfinder Adventure Path, Pathfinder Adventure Card Game, Pathfinder Player Companion, Pathfinder Modules, Pathfinder Tales, Pathfinder Battles, Pathfinder Online, PaizoCon, RPG Superstar, The Golem's Got It, Titanic Games, the Titanic logo, and the Planet Stories planet logo are trademarks of Paizo Inc. Dungeons & Dragons, Dragon, Dungeon, and Polyhedron are registered trademarks of Wizards of the Coast, Inc., a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc., and have been used by Paizo Inc. under license. Most product names are trademarks owned or used under license by the companies that publish those products; use of such names without mention of trademark status should not be construed as a challenge to such status.